Tennis Season 2015

Postby heppolo » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:50 pm

Serena got a bit out of form in terms of fitness, at least it seemed so
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby cidermaster » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:31 pm

Its is brilliant for tennis with this all Italian Final in the Women's event,just brilliant! Well done to both the players! As for the mens Event,i think it will be the World number one against the Swiss player who has 2 GS Titles under his belt.
cidermaster
Legend

Postby Formusic » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:09 pm

Why is the internet blaming Drake for Serena s defeat ?
The yuppies networking, the panic, the vomit, the panic, the vomit, God loves his children, God loves his children...yeah.
Formusic
Manager

Postby aaliyahman » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:39 pm

Stuffi is retired. Get over it.
"What goes around comes back around my baby"
aaliyahman
Superstar

Postby Westen » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:47 pm

Novak put Cilic to shame and proved he didn't deserved last year's title
Westen
Superstar

Postby stevyy » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:21 am

aaliyahman wrote:Stuffi is retired. Get over it.
why so pressed?
stevyy
Legend

Postby navi » Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:09 am

Westen wrote:Novak put Cilic to shame and proved he didn't deserved last year's title
OH, come on, stop it with this b*******
My year(s) in lists by Ivan (2008 - 2013)
navi
Superstar

Postby Westen » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:01 am

navi wrote:
Westen wrote:Novak put Cilic to shame and proved he didn't deserved last year's title
If novak/nadal/murray were in the final are you sure he would've won? He can't even win a set against best players in the world, and i'm not talking about this US open.
Westen
Superstar

Postby Michiel » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:19 am

Cilic deserved the title next year. He played incredible tennis during his last three matches, beating Berdych, Federer and Nishikori in three sets. And beating alot of other good players on route (Anderson & Karlovic). At the end of the day tennis is more than being the best player. It's about playing your best tennis at the right moment, having a bit of luck, mental stability etc. Cilic had all his cards right during those last three matches in the tournament, You act like his draw was easy when it was not.

And yesterday Novak did put him to shame but every little child saw that Marin didn't move 100% & looked extremely tired mentally (playing alot more sets and long matches before this one). Nolé played extremely well but at least he is big enough to recognize that aspect.

About Serena. Even I feel a little bit sad she didn't take it but all things considered she played a pretty average US open and her level throughout the tournament wasn't great. She should've won it even at 70 percent as she didn't really meet the other "big" players (apart from Venus), but it seems like stress and fatigue had caught up to her. Did Vinci win the match? Probably not, but credit to her for keeping her cool and making Serena think on court. If she played the one dimensional tennis of alot of players she would've lost, because Serena would have gotten in the rhythm. Her slow paced game made Serena think and I think that was the key for Serena losing yesterday.
"Common sense is a chaotic aggregate of disparate conceptions, and one can find there anything that one like."
Last.FM
Instagram
Michiel
Legend

Postby navi » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:00 am

Westen wrote:
navi wrote:
If novak/nadal/murray were in the final are you sure he would've won? He can't even win a set against best players in the world, and i'm not talking about this US open.
Probably he wouldn't.
I was surprised too on his win last year (he is mentally weak and makes too many errors),
but that does not give you the right to diminish his success.

ps. i ja sam Noletov navijač
(živjelo bratstvo Srba i Hrvata i neka crknu svi nacionalisti)
navi
Superstar

Postby stevyy » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:05 am

how can you say that Vinci didn't win it, but Serena lost it when it is clear that Serena had immense problems to react to a game which was not 100% power-driven, but which was throught through and varied? Those are the ingredients to win a match, to destroy the other player's rhythm. Tennis Magazine is heralding Vinci for being so smart to change paces and to not let Serena dictate the match with her power, which is something that many other players are doing, they try to counter attack with power when all that is truly needed to defeat Serena isn't power, but strategy.

There was immense pressure on Serena and i think that her team didn't really know how to handle the whole calender year GS thing. When Steffi was in this position in 1988 her team did not look for opportunities to talk about the unthinkable, it was this "we don't care" mentality and "let's just play tennis mentality" which took away a lot of the pressure that is burdened on the player's shoulders and it is clear that Serena's team did not remain clam and so didn't Serena.
stevyy
Legend

Postby Westen » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:11 am

navi wrote:
Westen wrote:
navi wrote:
Probably he wouldn't.
I was surprised too on his win last year (he is mentally weak and makes too many errors),
but that does not give you the right to diminish his success.

ps. i ja sam Noletov navijač
(živjelo bratstvo Srba i Hrvata i neka crknu svi nacionalisti)
Well what i meant was that he was lucky like Ana Ivanovic for example, he has the game, but he doesn't have the head (if that makes sense :lol: )

Which is shame, because they were/are both talented.

P.s. Agree :D
Westen
Superstar

Postby navi » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:29 am

Westen wrote:P.s. Agree :D
Great!
Feel relief about that (i wasn't so sure) :D
navi
Superstar

Postby Michiel » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:43 am

stevyy wrote:how can you say that Vinci didn't win it, but Serena lost it when it is clear that Serena had immense problems to react to a game which was not 100% power-driven, but which was throught through and varied? Those are the ingredients to win a match, to destroy the other player's rhythm. Tennis Magazine is heralding Vinci for being so smart to change paces and to not let Serena dictate the match with her power, which is something that many other players are doing, they try to counter attack with power when all that is truly needed to defeat Serena isn't power, but strategy.
Vinci didn't win it, why? Because Serena demolished her a few times in the past. Read my post carefully as I even agree with you partly, but as Vinci said herself (and who is a more trustworthy person than her?) she was well aware that if she wanted to win Serena couldn't play her best game and she needed alot of luck. That's a fair analysis. I'm the first to point my finger to the flaws of power tennis, but Vinci couldn't have won this without the help of Serena. That's called Tennis. As I even said in my post if it was a player with the usual power game Serena would have won, but Vinci made her think. I think you didn't caught the point of my post lol, cause we're basically saying the same, only I don't think it's a sole case here of variation triumphing over power. Serena anno 2015 is more than just a power player + Vinci variates alot but let's not pretend she's on par with Henin or even players like Radwanska who also use more variation. This match was so much more than a clash of styles. Was the tennisstyle of Vinci a factor in this match? Absolutely, but do these players bother Serena in most of her matches? Absolutely not. A combination of variation technique, variation, volley but also power tennis is the way to beat Serena.
Last edited by Michiel on Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Common sense is a chaotic aggregate of disparate conceptions, and one can find there anything that one like."
Last.FM
Instagram
Michiel
Legend

Postby Westen » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:49 am

navi wrote:
Westen wrote:P.s. Agree :D
Great!
Feel relief about that (i wasn't so sure) :D
Don't worry, i may sounded bitter because my english is not very good so i can't write what i actually mean :lol:
Westen
Superstar

Postby cidermaster » Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:36 pm

I actually enjoyed old Thunder Thighs being beaten........... Anyway i think Novak will win the Mens Final in 4 sets,just like the Wimbledon final he will look over the net and with his eyes say "Yes you serve very well,but i will break you more times than you will me" Novak just like Nadal when on form puts massive pressure on Federer's serve,unlike all other players.
cidermaster
Legend

Postby Michiel » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:22 pm

Gratz to Flavia for a great career! Brave move to announce her retirement, I feel happy for her.
Last.FM
Instagram
Michiel
Legend

Postby Westen » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:29 pm

So Pennetta's retiring at the end of the season, wow so many tennis players from time when i started watching tennis are gone now :(

I think Federer will win tomorrow, Novak is just not playing good in important matches on US open, i mean just look at this

2007: F
2008: SF
2009: SF
2010: F
2011: W
2012: F
2013: F
2014: SF

And Federrer played better on US open series, so i think Federer will win.

Ofc i want Novak to win but i don't see it
Westen
Superstar

Postby aaliyahman » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:32 am

stevyy wrote:
aaliyahman wrote:Stuffi is retired. Get over it.
why so pressed?
That was an actual typo. I am not pressed. You are the one who calls players they apparent support 'shithead' and worse. You are the one who is revelling in a loss of a current player so it doesn't affect the legacy of a RETIRED player.

Fickle and as you call it PRESSED. That's you dude.
aaliyahman
Superstar

Postby aaliyahman » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:36 am

It's such a shame when players finally win big and then retire.
I get that she's built her whole career to win a slam but in the form she is in, why couldn't she play out the next season. Maybe she peaked late. We all age at different rates.
aaliyahman
Superstar

Postby android » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:39 am

I think it is great to retire when you reach a pinnacle in your career. She is 33 and she would have known when the time was right to move to a different phase in her life. Great win. :P
android
Superstar

Postby android » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:46 am

Well done to Novak Djokovic winning the US Open Final. This is his 10th career major, placing him alongside American 1920s champion Bill Tilden in equal seventh place on the all-time men's grand slam leaderboard. At 28 one would expect he will win a few more yet.
android
Superstar

Postby Qween » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:51 am

I know it's lame and y'all gon judge me, but hey honesty is the key!
I only watch tennis games if at least one of the guys is hot. :oops: :oops:
Throwin' shade cause I'm paid, laid and I'm curvy...
Qween
Manager

Postby Westen » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:54 am

Well Novak played amazing last night, i didn't expected that, he wasn't very good until semifinal.

I'm so happy for him :( shame for that RG this year

Imagine if he won all 4 in one year

Makes you wonder where would he be now if he didn't came during Rafael/Roger era
Westen
Superstar

Postby Formusic » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:04 pm

As a hardcore federer fan I m sad but Djokovic really deserved it :D

Nonetheless his tennis could be boring :lol: :P

I can see him reaching Nadal s Gs titles when all is said and done, maybe even Federer :o

Federer aint able to play on his baseline against Djokovic anymore, it s a fact, will he ever win a gs title again, yes but he needs to get lucky :cry:
The yuppies networking, the panic, the vomit, the panic, the vomit, God loves his children, God loves his children...yeah.
Formusic
Manager

Return to Sport