My Charts - week 46 - thank u, American

Moderators: JSparksFan, tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

 

Postby JakeP » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:20 pm

Tansike wrote:Hey Jake :D

Glad you like Sergey's debut. Hmm... it depends. For example, i'm following the german pre-selection for some years now, so the german entry uses to make an entry on my charts weeks/months before the contest. Sometimes i also check out a few other entries, like i did with Sweden last year & in 2012, or both entries by Emmelie (well, one of the songs was the theme song not an official entry...). A few more songs will make their debut once the official compilation will get released, and a few more will find their way onto my charts during the contest itself. So Sergey's entry is not that common, and going to #1 is already a VERY good sign for him. I agree that he has big chances to win the whole contest :)

Also glad to see you love Ariana's debut! Thanks to "Be Alright" i started to get a bit more into "Dangerous Woman" lately, cause it looked like it will tumble down the charts at first...

I usually wait for the compilation to listen to all entries, so i don't know that many other entries. I've heard Sweden, but that one was VERY disappointing, and i've heard Austria/Switzerland which were okay, but nothing outstanding or so, and Belgium, which was awful. Really excited to hear Australia/Iceland though, but as i said, i'm waiting for the compilation now (even if that one is still a month away).

What about you? Already got some faves? :)
I usually wait until the week of Eurovision before i put my favourite songs from the contest in my chart. I found 2014 a little disappointing with Calm before the storm being the only entry that really appealed to me, whilst last year i loved Heroes, A million voices and Rhythm inside the most.

I think Russia are in a very good position to win Eurovision 2016. :D The song is already one of my favourites, the music video is amazing and Sergey is really sexy! :P

I've heard a few of the entries already, and snippets of all the others. My absolute favourite so far is Iceland, the staging for their performance is incredible. I'm also loving the songs from Azerbaijan, Australia, Netherlands, Israel, Czech Republic, Malta, Cyprus and of course Russia. :P I would love to see these countries qualify for the final. My favourite auto qualifier is France. I agree about Sweden, i found their entry a bit disappointing only because it sounds like Catch & release which i already love so much whereas If i were sorry isn't really that catchy. :(
User avatar
JakeP
Superstar
 
Posts: 5010
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013

Postby stevyy » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:15 pm

I own:

18 (18) Sia – This Is Acting *G*
19 (RE) Lena – Crystal Sky *2xP*
20 (17) Taylor Swift – 1989 *3xG*

amazing to see Lena back. The album is sooooooooooooooooo damn underrated.
User avatar
stevyy
Legend
 
Posts: 51526
Joined: Sat May 14, 2005
Location: .dk

Postby Jack » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:01 pm

Mike, Gwen and DNCE are the best!
User avatar
Jack
Manager
 
Posts: 2124
Joined: Fri May 23, 2008
Location: London

Postby Tansike » Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:53 pm

Thanks for all comments so far. I'm going to reply to them later next week.

As for the charts next week, i have to postpone it until saturday, instead of the usual thursday, due to my exams next week :wink:

Have a good week everyone :)
User avatar
Tansike
Legend
 
Posts: 44863
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012
Location: Switzerland

Postby KokoCollino » Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:59 pm

Tansike wrote:Oh just google him, i'm sure you will love him, or at least his most recent pics :P (assuming you're like most other guys in this forum :oops: )
You are cute :lol: :oops: 8-) So he isn't just a good-looking ass hole? :lol:

Nice entry for Iggy :)

Happy to see another climb for Icona Pop :D

Gwen's album will be on Spotify April 1st, so I'll check it out then :)
I'm feeling nostalgia watching your Gwen discography :(

Good luck for your exams!!! :o :D 8-)
Looks like I found my way home
User avatar
KokoCollino
Superstar
 
Posts: 5257
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015

Postby phoenix98 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:30 am

Tansike wrote:1 (NEW) Ariana Grande – Be Alright
4 (2) Ariana Grande – Dangerous Woman
6 (4) Fifth Harmony feat. Ty Dolla $ign – Work From Home
8 (11) Grimes – Kill V. Maim *G*
9 (7) Mike Posner – I Took A Pill In Ibiza
11 (8) Alan Walker – Faded *G*
12 (10) Meghan Trainor – No
19 (12) Ellie Goulding – Something In The Way You Move *G*
24 (17) Calvin Harris feat. Ellie Goulding – Outside *G*
25 (21) Justin Bieber – Love Yourself
30 (18) Kelly Clarkson – Piece By Piece
32 (RE) Gwen Stefani – Used To Love You *G*
35 (RE) Gwen Stefani – Make Me Like You
36 (31) DNCE – Cake By The Ocean
:o :D AWESOME to see "Be Alright" debut at No. 1 - especially after "Dangerous Woman" missed out! I was really into DW for about a day when I first downloaded it, but it wore off me REALLY quickly, and I'm much more into BA now. On top of being catchy, I really like its message: being alright is up to you/the power's in your hands/it's your choice to make/etc. "Baby, you just gotta make up your mind, that every little thing's gonna be alright..."
• Lovin' the re-entries for the first two This Is What The Truth Feels Like singles! I still need to check out "Misery." I can't believe it's been 10 years since The Sweet Escape came out! Impressive that all of that album's singles were Top 5 hits on your chart! Such a shame that "4 In The Morning" was a Hot 100 flop - it's such a lovely song and it seemed like the perfect choice at the time.

Also - best of luck on your exams!!!

Yet another top-notch chart, Tansike! :D
User avatar
phoenix98
Legend
 
Posts: 13203
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007

Postby vinnie65 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:27 am

Great new entries from Ariana Grande and Adam Lambert!! :)
User avatar
vinnie65
Manager
 
Posts: 3515
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008
Location: Germany

Postby bluecherry » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:52 pm

Great to see Gwen and Ari so high 8-) 8-)
♡ i bloom just for you ♡

User avatar
bluecherry
Manager
 
Posts: 4491
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016

Postby Kirill » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:49 pm

Tansike wrote:Oh to be honest you won't miss something if you won't check it out. It's clearly her weakest release to date (from the ones i know, so basically since "Cause And Effect" which was the first album by her that i bought). It was a huge disappointment when it came out last year as i had her as one of my favorite artists... :cry:
I adore 'Weapon in Mind', though
Just love this Gwen domination! The album will enter my chart as well pretty soon :lol:
User avatar
Kirill
Manager
 
Posts: 3292
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009

Postby Magnus » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:10 am

3 (5) Demi Lovato – Stone Cold
5 (1) Sergey Lazarev – You Are The Only One [haven't actually heard this, but presume I will like it!]
7 (3) Kerli – Feral Hearts
11 (8) Alan Walker – Faded *G*
17 (9) Jamie-Lee Kriewitz – Ghost *G*
19 (12) Ellie Goulding – Something In The Way You Move *G*
21 (27) Anna Känzig – Drive All Night
22 (22) The BossHoss feat. The Common Linnets – Jolene
26 (16) Lenka – Blue Skies
30 (18) Kelly Clarkson – Piece By Piece
31 (28) Anette Olzon – Cold Outside
33 (26) Anette Olzon – Vintersjäl *G*
39 (34) Maria Mena – Leaving You

I checked out the top 2 but didn't like those songs. You described "Be Alright" as similar to "One Last Time" and I didn't like that one so I didn't expect to like the new one but it was even worse than I expected. :(

"Stone Cold" wasn't a standout track when I listened to the album but it sounds decent when I listen now (not great though).

Great to see Anna Känzig's album still in the top 5; I listened to that last week and liked it (although it's probably not quite as good as the Jaël album). I checked out her web site and found it funny how all the menus/headings are in English but the rest of the text in German! Don't think I've read descriptions of English song lyrics in German before...

I hope the exams went well!
User avatar
Magnus
Manager
 
Posts: 2546
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004
Location: La Suède

Postby Tansike » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:55 pm

thankfulforkelly wrote:really great chart as ever! :wink:
1. Be Alright - love it!! Ambe her best song yet! I love the beat and it's just so chilled and makes me happy :lol:
3. Stone Cold - sorta like this, she gets a bit screechy at the end :oops:
4. Dangerous Woman - so catchy! my fave single from her yet
6. Work From Home - such a bop!
7. Kerli - Feral Hearts
8. Kill V Maim - listening to this a lot atm! my fave on arts Angels
10. Misery - this is nice, a bit underwhelming
11. Faded
12. No- bop! love it! I also love the music video :oops:
13. Team - exact direction Iggy needed!
14. Stressed Out - amazing song!
18. Hymn for the Weekend
19. Something in the Way you Move - really sad this wasn't a bigger hit :cry:
23. Girls Like
24. Outside
25. Blue Skies
30. Piece By Piece - lol I'm over this now :lol:
32. Used to Love You

1. This Is What A Too Long Album Title Looks Like - this isn't on Spotify so I'm yet to hear it :cry:
2. Storyteller - yassss! amazing album
3. Delirium - not heard this in full in a while, will need to before the survivor starts in a few days #shamelesspromo :wink:
4. Blurryface
10. To Pimp A Butterfly
11. Arts Angels
12. Confident
16. Halcyon
17. All I Need
19. Crystal Sky
20. 1989
Thanks a lot!
Glad you like all the songs/albums you've mentioned. Especially "Feral Hearts", the ones by Ari and Demi's underrated "Stone Cold" :)
I'm over "Piece By Piece" as well by now that's why it dropped that much a week ago :oops:

MrRager wrote:...
Ace chart! I like a lot this week! Wow Demi is so high with Stone Cold. Great, I feel that its underrated on here. Kill V. Maim, Faded and Used To Love You are my favourites. Incredible!!

Iggy's Team is awesome. I'm really loving it right now.
Glad you like a lot this week :D Yeah "Stone Cold" will end up as her most successful single from this album so far in about 2-3 weeks, but the song also grew a lot on me over the past few weeks. Shame she didn't get a hit with it.

marat2408 wrote:Fantastic start for Sergey! Hope he will be good at ESC too!
I hope so too! :) Glad you like him :)

Biebz wrote:So happy to see Gwen got the #1 album!!

I'm glad to see that Early Winter was the most successful single from TSE era, it's my favourite Gwen song. I can't believe they didn't roll that single out WW, it could have been huge! :cry: It wasn't even released in the UK but they used to play the video on TV all the time and I'd hear it in shops a lot.

I hope Team climbs up your chart, I'm loving it at the moment :D
It's well deserved IMO, her album is truly fantastic. Best pop album for a long time to be honest, i'm so positively surprised :D

"Early Winter" showed crazy longevity back then, but it was also pretty successful for her over here. I had no idea it wasn't out in the UK :o A shame, i'm sure it could have been a hit everywhere for her :(

"Team" will reach a new peak this week, yeah... :wink:
User avatar
Tansike
Legend
 
Posts: 44863
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012
Location: Switzerland

Postby Tansike » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:55 pm

Storyteller wrote:Great #1!!! Really liking Ari this Era, glad she's doing well on your chart!!
Glad to hear that, and i really like her this era so far as well :)

JakeP wrote:I usually wait until the week of Eurovision before i put my favourite songs from the contest in my chart. I found 2014 a little disappointing with Calm before the storm being the only entry that really appealed to me, whilst last year i loved Heroes, A million voices and Rhythm inside the most.

I think Russia are in a very good position to win Eurovision 2016. :D The song is already one of my favourites, the music video is amazing and Sergey is really sexy! :P

I've heard a few of the entries already, and snippets of all the others. My absolute favourite so far is Iceland, the staging for their performance is incredible. I'm also loving the songs from Azerbaijan, Australia, Netherlands, Israel, Czech Republic, Malta, Cyprus and of course Russia. :P I would love to see these countries qualify for the final. My favourite auto qualifier is France. I agree about Sweden, i found their entry a bit disappointing only because it sounds like Catch & release which i already love so much whereas If i were sorry isn't really that catchy. :(
Ah okay. I usually wait for the official compilation to be released, so that's like 2-3 weeks before the contest :) Can't wait to hear all the other entries though. Oh so you didn't like Sanna Nielsen's "Undo"? I thought this was brilliant :oops:

I think so too, and it's definitely well deserved with "You Are The Only One" & Sergey is cool too, yeah :P Putting the politics aside, he should win for sure.

Oh now you make me even more excited to hear the entry for Iceland. I liked Greta's ESC entry from a few years ago, she did it with a male singer and it was one of my faves back in that year, so i'm expecting a lot. Sweden keeps on growing on me lately despite having never heard the song again - but it keeps on appearing in my mind somehow and that's actually a good sign :o

stevyy wrote:I own:

18 (18) Sia – This Is Acting *G*
19 (RE) Lena – Crystal Sky *2xP*
20 (17) Taylor Swift – 1989 *3xG*

amazing to see Lena back. The album is sooooooooooooooooo damn underrated.
I agree, it's truly amazing and deserved so much more. A shame she didn't care that much about it by herself :( I still hope it can go Gold in Germany though, now with a third single being released there.

Jack wrote:Mike, Gwen and DNCE are the best!
Glad you like these :)
User avatar
Tansike
Legend
 
Posts: 44863
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012
Location: Switzerland

Postby Tansike » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:56 pm

KokoCollino wrote:You are cute :lol: :oops: 8-) So he isn't just a good-looking ass hole? :lol:

Nice entry for Iggy :)

Happy to see another climb for Icona Pop :D

Gwen's album will be on Spotify April 1st, so I'll check it out then :)
I'm feeling nostalgia watching your Gwen discography :(

Good luck for your exams!!! :o :D 8-)
I think he is, but the 'good-looking' part is what i meant :P And that's enough for me :lol:

Glad you like Iggy's new single. It grew on me last week so it'll climb a bit, but i'm already starting to get over it now...
Icona Pop's new song is so underrated. Should be a hit for them :(

Can't wait to hear what you think about it. It's the best pure pop albums for a long time to be honest, i'm so positively surprised :D

Thanks :) It didn't go as well as i was hoping for but oh well, at least it's all over now. Now i have to wait six weeks until i get the results...

phoenix98 wrote::o :D AWESOME to see "Be Alright" debut at No. 1 - especially after "Dangerous Woman" missed out! I was really into DW for about a day when I first downloaded it, but it wore off me REALLY quickly, and I'm much more into BA now. On top of being catchy, I really like its message: being alright is up to you/the power's in your hands/it's your choice to make/etc. "Baby, you just gotta make up your mind, that every little thing's gonna be alright..."
• Lovin' the re-entries for the first two This Is What The Truth Feels Like singles! I still need to check out "Misery." I can't believe it's been 10 years since The Sweet Escape came out! Impressive that all of that album's singles were Top 5 hits on your chart! Such a shame that "4 In The Morning" was a Hot 100 flop - it's such a lovely song and it seemed like the perfect choice at the time.

Also - best of luck on your exams!!!

Yet another top-notch chart, Tansike! :D
Really glad to hear you like "Be Alright" that much as you weren't that much into "Dangerous Woman". I'm not sure which one i will prefer to the other in the future, as i like both a lot right now. While i loved "Be Alright" in its debut week, i'm already starting to get a bit over it as it's too much like another "One Last Time", just a bit weaker (still great, though), while "Dangerous Woman" is something she never did before. But yeah, the message of "Be Alright" is obviously better than the one by "Dangerous Woman"... if there's one... :)

It's really incredible that "The Sweet Escape" celebrates its tenth year this year :o But yeah, the album made me liking the two singles again, and i started to like "Misery" as well that's why it debuted in the Top10. The whole album is really good, and these three tracks are currently three of the weaker songs so if you like(d) them, you should check the whole album out :) I didn't know "4 In The Morning" was a Hot 100 flop though :o

Thanks! It's finally over. I'm so happy as i spent so much time and money on the whole thing. Now i only have to wait about six weeks for the results...

Thanks a lot :D

vinnie65 wrote:Great new entries from Ariana Grande and Adam Lambert!! :)
Great to hear you like them :D
User avatar
Tansike
Legend
 
Posts: 44863
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012
Location: Switzerland

Postby Tansike » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:57 pm

bluecherry wrote:Great to see Gwen and Ari so high 8-) 8-)
Glad you like both of them :D

Kirill wrote:
Tansike wrote:Oh to be honest you won't miss something if you won't check it out. It's clearly her weakest release to date (from the ones i know, so basically since "Cause And Effect" which was the first album by her that i bought). It was a huge disappointment when it came out last year as i had her as one of my favorite artists... :cry:
I adore 'Weapon in Mind', though
Just love this Gwen domination! The album will enter my chart as well pretty soon :lol:
Oh i adored it as well, especially "I Always Liked That" & "All The Love". Didn't deserve the hate it got to be honest...
That's great, it's really, really good and i hope she'll promote it a bit more soon as it deserves to be successful :)

Magnus wrote:...
I checked out the top 2 but didn't like those songs. You described "Be Alright" as similar to "One Last Time" and I didn't like that one so I didn't expect to like the new one but it was even worse than I expected. :(

"Stone Cold" wasn't a standout track when I listened to the album but it sounds decent when I listen now (not great though).

Great to see Anna Känzig's album still in the top 5; I listened to that last week and liked it (although it's probably not quite as good as the Jaël album). I checked out her web site and found it funny how all the menus/headings are in English but the rest of the text in German! Don't think I've read descriptions of English song lyrics in German before...

I hope the exams went well!
Glad you like all of those songs. As for Sergey, i really hope you will like it as it's likely to win the whole contest.

Thanks for checking the Top2 out. Since you didn't like "One Last Time" it's no surprise that you also don't like "Be Alright". A shame you also dislike "Bad Boys" though, as you liked some material from Inna in the past.

I thought "Stone Cold" was awful when the album came out to be honest :oops: But since it was announced as a single, i've been listening to it more and more and it also grew on me more and more, that's also why it kept on climbing up my charts week by week. Now i'd say it's actually the best of all three singles so far.

Wow, thanks for checking Anna's album out and good to hear you like it. It probably won't go much higher on my charts and will start to drop now as i'm starting to get 'over' it now, but it was definitely much better than expected. Haven't seen her web site though, i'll check it out :)

Thanks, unfortunately i don't have the best feeling about them. I'll find it out in six weeks though...
User avatar
Tansike
Legend
 
Posts: 44863
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012
Location: Switzerland

Postby Tansike » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:59 pm

thanks so much for all comments

week 13/2016 – 31 march 2016 Beat to her Melody

Image
    Singles Top40
German princess of pop Lena released the third single of her latest studio album „Crystal Sky“, and it’s called „Beat To My Melody“. With debuting on top of the charts, it becomes her sixth Top3 entry and third in a row, as the previous two singles „Traffic Lights“ (#1) and „Wild And Free“ (#2) debuted high on the charts as well. Inna remains on the second spot with „Bad Boys“, followed by last weeks chart leader Ariana Grande and the song „Be Alright“ (1-3).

Apart from Lena’s new top hit, there’s another new entry inside the Top10, coming from Nick Jonas. The singer released the lead track to his upcoming second album titled „Last Year Was Complicated“. The song is called „Close“ and features swedish pop singer Tove Lo, and it debuts at #10. It’s Nick’s fourth arrival on my charts, with the two tracks „Jealous“ and „Levels“ having made the Top10 as well, but „Chains“ remains his biggest hit to date, as it stayed on the charts for 18 weeks with a #18 peak. Tove Lo already gets her fifth arrival with „Close“, but only her third Top10 entry after „Habits“ and „Talking Body“. Also worth a mention is that both artists made their first charts entry on my charts in 2014.

French newcomer Jain makes her very first appearance at #16 with her debut single „Come“, which is the current top hit in France. Not a new entry, but also ‚new’ in the Top20 is Birdy, who is back at #18 with „Keeping Your Head Up“, due to the release of her third record „Beautiful Lies“. The second and current single „Wild Horses“ is experiencing a push as well, as it leaps 38-23. Several positions lower is a fourth new entry, coming from Felix Jaehn, Steve Aoki and Adam Lambert, called „Can’t Go Home“. Despite being recorded by a few hit makers, the track only debuts at #30. A fifth and final new entry comes in at #38, and is called „Hurricane“. It’s the new single by german trio Elaiza, who represented Germany on the Eurovision Song Contest back in 2014 with their song „Is It Right“. While the ESC track reached #1 on my charts, they never got a follow-up hit so far. There are also another two re-entries, as Sia returns to #33 with „Cheap Thrills“, and Zara Larsson & MNEK return to #36 with „Never Forget You“.

Ariana Grande’s second charting single „Dangerous Woman“ remains at #4, while Demi Lovato’s „Stone Cold“ is back down 3-5. Sergey Lazarev dips 5-6 with his ESC entry „You Are The Only One“, followed by Kerli who stays at #7 with „Feral Hearts“. Australian singer Iggy Azalea collects her third consecutive Top10 entry as „Team“ improves 13-8 after its debut a week ago. Gwen Stefani is having a good week as well, as „Misery“ is up one position (10-9) as the last entry in the Top10, with her other two entries „Used To Love You“ (32-26) and „Make Me Like You“ (35-28) climbing several spots as well.

Mike Posner gets his first certification ever, as „I Took A Pill In Ibiza“ gets certified with Gold this week, but it falls out of the Top10 after six consecutive weeks (9-11). „Something In The Way You Move“ by Ellie Goulding (19-21) and „Hymn For The Weekend“ by Coldplay (18-22) both leave the upper half of the charts for the first time after a very good chartrun so far, and the latter one is also certified with Gold this week. Two more Gold certifications goes to Justin Bieber’s „Love Yourself“, and Sia’s „Cheap Thrills“, which is actually her first single certification without counting the David Guetta collaboration „Titanium“.

Birdy’s „Wild Horses“ is the biggest climber, while Calvin Harris and Ellie Goulding’s „Outside“ is the biggest loser this week (24-39).
    ImageImage
    ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

1 (NEW) Lena – Beat To My Melody
Chart Run: *1*- / 1w

2 (2) Inna – Bad Boys
Chart Run: *2*-2- / 2w

3 (1) Ariana Grande – Be Alright
Chart Run: *1*-3- / 2w

4 (4) Ariana Grande – Dangerous Woman
Chart Run: *2*-4-4- / 3w

5 (3) Demi Lovato – Stone Cold
Chart Run: 11-7-5-*3*-5- / 5w

6 (5) Sergey Lazarev – You Are The Only One
Chart Run: *1*-5-6- / 3w

7 (7) Kerli – Feral Hearts
Chart Run: *1*-1-1-3-7-7- / 6w

8 (13) Iggy Azalea - Team
Chart Run: 13-*8*- / 2w

9 (10) Gwen Stefani – Misery
Chart Run: 10-*9*- / 2w

10 (NEW) Nick Jonas feat. Tove Lo – Close
Chart Run: *10*- / 1w

11 (9) Mike Posner – I Took A Pill In Ibiza *G*
Chart Run: 13-*4*-4-6-6-7-9-11- / 8w

12 (6) Fifth Harmony feat. Ty Dolla $ign – Work From Home
Chart Run: 4-*3*-4-6-12- / 5w

13 (8) Grimes – Kill V. Maim *G*
Chart Run: 3-*2*-3-6-9-14-10-11-8-13- / 10w

14 (11) Alan Walker – Faded *G*
Chart Run: *1*-1-2-3-5-8-11-14- / 8w

15 (12) Meghan Trainor – No
Chart Run: *2*-10-12-15- / 4w

16 (NEW) Jain – Come
Chart Run: *16*- / 1w

17 (14) Twenty One Pilots – Stressed Out
Chart Run: 13-9-*6*-14-17- / 5w

18 (RE) Birdy – Keeping Your Head Up
Chart Run: *1*-3-8-17-29-Out-RE 18- / 6w

19 (16) Icona Pop – Someone Who Can Dance
Chart Run: 29-23-*16*-19- / 4w

20 (15) Aurora – Murder Song (5, 4, 3, 2, 1)
Chart Run: *15*-20- / 2w

21 (19) Ellie Goulding – Something In The Way You Move *G*
Chart Run: *1*-4-3-5-10-13-7-8-12-19-21- / 11w

22 (18) Coldplay – Hymn For The Weekend *G*
Chart Run: *6*-8-7-6-9-13-14-18-22- / 9w

23 (38) Birdy – Wild Horses
Chart Run: 38-*23*- / 2w

24 (17) Jamie-Lee Kriewitz – Ghost *G*
Chart Run: *1*-1-1-3-8-16-26-32-Out-RE 2-4-9-17-24- / 13w

25 (22) The BossHoss feat. The Common Linnets – Jolene
Chart Run: *3*-12-17-22-22-25- / 6w

26 (32) Gwen Stefani – Used To Love You *G*
Chart Run: *2*-4-6-6-8-11-10-15-23-36-Out-RE 32-26- / 12w

27 (20) Lissie – Daughters
Chart Run: *15*-20-27- / 3w

28 (35) Gwen Stefani – Make Me Like You
Chart Run: *3*-10-25-34-Out-RE 35-28- / 6w

29 (25) Justin Bieber – Love Yourself *G*
Chart Run: *9*-10-10-11-14-17-26-23-21-25-29- / 11w

30 (NEW) Felix Jaehn & Steve Aoki feat. Adam Lambert – Can’t Go Home
Chart Run: *30*- / 1w

31 (28) EFF – Stimme *G*
Chart Run: 26-14-7-8-*5*-10-15-11-20-16-19-28-31- / 13w

32 (21) Anna Känzig – Drive All Night
Chart Run: 27-*21*-32- / 3w

33 (RE) Sia – Cheap Thrills *G*
Chart Run: *2*-5-19-9-4-8-14-29-32-39-Out-RE 33- / 11w

34 (31) Anette Olzon – Cold Outside
Chart Run: *2*-4-9-12-19-33-31-28-31-34- / 10w

35 (26) Lenka – Blue Skies
Chart Run: 6-*2*-5-19-18-16-26-35- / 8w

36 (RE) Zara Larsson & MNEK – Never Forget You *P*
Chart Run: 4-*1*-2-5-6-4-5-4-8-9-13-20-25-21-24-26-33-31-36-Out-RE 36- / 20w

37 (23) Tinie Tempah feat. Zara Larsson – Girls Like
Chart Run: *5*-12-13-23-37- / 5w

38 (NEW) Elaiza – Hurricane
Chart Run: *38*- / 1w

39 (24) Calvin Harris feat. Ellie Goulding – Outside *G*
Chart Run: 24-5-*2*-2-6-5-8-13-24-33-Out-RE 15-14-17-24-39- / 15w

40 (39) Maria Mena – Leaving You
Chart Run: *34*-39-40- / 3w


Out of Top40
Out (27) Adam Lambert feat. Laleh – Welcome To The Show (1w)
Out (29) Sara Hartman – Monster Lead Me Home (4w)
Out (30) Kelly Clarkson – Piece By Piece (7w)
Out (33) Anette Olzon – Vintersjäl *G* (9w)
Out (34) Lissie – Hero (5w)
Out (36) DNCE – Cake By The Ocean (3w)
Out (37) Flume feat. Kai – Never Be Like You (3w)
Out (40) Sara Hartman – Two Feet Off The Ground (1w)


.
    Album Top20
Gwen Stefani defends the top spot on the album charts and gets a second week at number one with her third album „This Is What The Truth Feels Like“. But it’s not like there wasn’t a competition, as not less than four new albums made the Top10 this week. The highest one belongs to british singer songwriter Birdy, who released her third album called „Beautiful Lies“ a week ago, and gets her third Top3 entry as it debuts at #2. It’s the follow-up to her self-titled debut, which peaked at #2 as well, and „Fire Within“, which debuted and peaked at #3. Carrie Underwood’s „Storyteller“ dips 2-3.

Inna’s self-titled album is up 7-4, still benefitting a lot from the current single „Bad Boys“. The second highest new entry belongs to former The Voice contestant Melanie Martinez and her debut album „Cry Baby“. The set debuts at #5, being her very first entry on my charts. The former One Direction member Zayn debuts at #6 with his solo debut „Mind Of Mine“, which already spawned a single notation for him with „Pillowtalk“ earlier this year. This debut is already better than the peak position for the last One Direction album „Made In The A.M.“, which stopped at #10, but still one place below their highest peaking album „FOUR“ which debuted and peaked at #5 in late 2014. Ellie Goulding’s „Delirium“ is down 3-7 but gets certified with 3x Gold this week, followed by Twenty One Pilots who are down 4-8 with „Blurryface“. The fourth and last arrival of the week is the debut album by french singer Jain called „Zanaka“, which enters the charts at #9. Anna Känzig’s „Sound And Fury“ closes the Top10 this week by dropping 5-10.

Charlie Puth, Aurora, Anette Olzon and Kendrick Lamar all have to leave the upper half of the album charts due to the many new entries, but one of them had an impressive run, and it’s Anette Olzon. Her album „Shine“ spent incredible ten consecutive weeks in the Top10 after its return to the charts, and not many albums can spend that many weeks in that territory of the charts, but she even did it in three different years now. As expected, Lena’s „Crystal Sky“ gets a push due to her new single and rises 19-14, while Demi Lovato’s „Confident“ finally gets certified with Gold this week.
    ImageImage
    ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

1 (1) Gwen Stefani – This Is What The Truth Feels Like
Chart Run: *1*-1- / 2w

2 (NEW) Birdy – Beautiful Lies
Chart Run: *2*- / 1w

3 (2) Carrie Underwood – Storyteller *G*
Chart Run: 2-*1*-2-7-9-20-17-14-16-18-16-20-Out-RE 16-13-11-5-2-3- / 18w

4 (7) Inna – Inna *G*
Chart Run: *2*-5-5-3-8-13-18-13-Out-RE 7-4- / 10w

5 (NEW) Melanie Martinez – Cry Baby
Chart Run: *5*- / 1w

6 (NEW) Zayn – Mind Of Mine
Chart Run: *6*- / 1w

7 (3) Ellie Goulding – Delirium *3xG*
Chart Run: *1*-1-2-6-12-15-Out-RE 19-12-3-2-2-6-7-7-10-1-1-1-3-7- / 20w

8 (4) Twenty One Pilots – Blurryface
Chart Run: 8-*2*-2-4-8- / 5w

9 (NEW) Jain – Zanaka
Chart Run: *9*- / 1w

10 (5) Anna Känzig – Sound And Fury
Chart Run: 6-*4*-5-10- / 4w

11 (9) Charlie Puth – Nine Track Mind
Chart Run: *2*-4-9-13-19-16-12-9-11- / 9w

12 (6) Aurora – All My Demons Greeting Me As A Friend
Chart Run: *3*-6-12- / 3w

13 (8) Anette Olzon – Shine *11xG*
Chart Run: *1*-1-2-1-3-5-7-6-3-4-4-3-4-4-3-1-2-1-3-1-1-2-3-3-1-2-5-7-5-8-11-9-12-11-15-12-9-9-12-15-16-14-13-10-6-8-9-5-4-4-5-3-3-3-2-3-4-6-7-10-10-10-14-15-13-11-12-16-19-17-13-11-14-19-Out-RE 8-4-5-3-5-2-5-4-6-8-13- / 85w

14 (19) Lena – Crystal Sky *2xP*
Chart Run: *1*-2-2-4-5-3-2-4-6-6-5-5-6-6-7-6-7-7-6-7-9-8-11-7-5-3-4-6-11-20-Out-RE 19-14- / 32w

15 (11) Grimes – Art Angels *P*
Chart Run: 5-4-4-2-4-4-*1*-3-5-6-9-12-15-16-11-15- / 16w

16 (12) Demi Lovato – Confident *G*
Chart Run: 2-*1*-4-8-12-19-Out-RE 15-12-16- / 9w

17 (10) Kendrick Lamar – To Pimp A Butterfly
Chart Run: *6*-18-13-10-10-17- / 6w

18 (20) Taylor Swift – 1989 *3xG*
Chart Run: *1*-2-6-10-14-16-17-17-Out-RE 12-11-9-7-5-2-3-5-7-9-10-10-8-9-12-17-14-20-Out-RE 8-9-12-15-17-20-Out-RE 18-17-20-Out-RE 11-16-19-17-20-18- / 41w

19 (14) Kendrick Lamar – untitled unmastered.
Chart Run: *9*-11-14-19- / 4w

20 (13) Lissie – My Wild West
Chart Run: *1*-1-4-8-7-13-20- / 7w


Out of Top20
Out (15) Amy Lee – Recover, Vol. 1 EP (5w)
Out (16) Ellie Goulding – Halcyon *4xP* (59w)
Out (17) Foxes – All I Need (7w)
Out (18) Sia – This Is Acting *G* (8w)


(sorry for eventual mistakes!)
User avatar
Tansike
Legend
 
Posts: 44863
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012
Location: Switzerland

Postby Tansike » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:00 pm

New certifications

3x GOLD
Ellie Goulding – Delirium [album]

GOLD
Coldplay – Hymn For The Weekend [single]
Justin Bieber – Love Yourself [single]
Mike Posner – I Took A Pill In Ibiza [single]
Sia – Cheap Thrills [single]

Demi Lovato – Confident [album]

(these certifications were already added to the charts above)

Click here for the Certification Database
User avatar
Tansike
Legend
 
Posts: 44863
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012
Location: Switzerland

Postby Tansike » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:00 pm

Discography of BIRDY | Fire Within era
31 march 2016

SINGLES

Wings
[first single of “Fire Within”]
Image

Peak #4 (x1)
Weeks 8
Entry week 37/2013
Chart Run *4*-6-10-14-16-23-26-37-Out
Year-End Charts 2013 #74
Certification -
Light Me Up
[third single of “Fire Within”]
Image

Peak #11 (x1)
Weeks 7
Entry week 04/2014
Chart Run 18-15-*11*-14-18-23-34-Out
Year-End Charts 2014 #105
Certification -
Words As Weapons
[fourth single of “Fire Within”]
Image

Peak #7 (x1)
Weeks 10
Entry week 14/2014
Chart Run 10-*7*-11-11-9-15-18-23-29-32-35-Out
Year-End Charts 2014 #54
Certification GOLD
.

ALBUMS

Fire Within
[second official studio album]
Image

Peak #3 (x1)
Weeks 15
Entry week 39/2013
Chart Run *3*-4-5-8-12-17-Out-RE 11-9-14-15-18-Out-RE 18-16-Out-RE 18-13-Out
Year-End Charts 2013 #45
Year-End Charts 2014 #62
Certification GOLD
User avatar
Tansike
Legend
 
Posts: 44863
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012
Location: Switzerland

Postby MrRager » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:50 am

4 (4) Ariana Grande – Dangerous Woman
5 (3) Demi Lovato – Stone Cold
8 (13) Iggy Azalea - Team
11 (9) Mike Posner – I Took A Pill In Ibiza
12 (6) Fifth Harmony feat. Ty Dolla $ign – Work From Home
13 (8) Grimes – Kill V. Maim
14 (11) Alan Walker – Faded
17 (14) Twenty One Pilots – Stressed Out
18 (RE) Birdy – Keeping Your Head Up
21 (19) Ellie Goulding – Something In The Way You Move
22 (18) Coldplay – Hymn For The Weekend
23 (38) Birdy – Wild Horses
26 (32) Gwen Stefani – Used To Love You
29 (25) Justin Bieber – Love Yourself
33 (RE) Sia – Cheap Thrills
35 (26) Lenka – Blue Skies

Liking all these. Interesting to see if any Melanie Martinez songs enter your chart. That album is a massive grower for me! The instant songs for me were Soap, Mrs. Potato Head and Play Date but i'm starting to discover some other amazing songs after more listens! Nice climb for Iggy!
#Pray4AL6
User avatar
MrRager
Legend
 
Posts: 17582
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009
Location: Manaus

Postby Biebz » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:27 pm

Yes for Team!! It's one of her best songs imo, I desperately want it to be WW hit :cry:

Nice for 'Close', I only checked it out because of Tove Lo and I really liked it!

I'm surprised Melanie only just entered? :o For some reason I thought she'd charted ages ago :lol: What caused the entry this week then, did you finally just get round to listening to it or did you just hear about her?
User avatar
Biebz
Best Damn Member
 
Posts: 23456
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2013
Location: UK

Postby Tansike » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:02 am

MrRager wrote:...

Liking all these. Interesting to see if any Melanie Martinez songs enter your chart. That album is a massive grower for me! The instant songs for me were Soap, Mrs. Potato Head and Play Date but i'm starting to discover some other amazing songs after more listens! Nice climb for Iggy!
Glad you like so many entries! Somehow i had no idea you like Birdy's songs :o
"Play Date" was the first song that i liked a lot from the album, followed by "Pity Party". I'm a bit late with this album, it's great! :)

Biebz wrote:Yes for Team!! It's one of her best songs imo, I desperately want it to be WW hit :cry:

Nice for 'Close', I only checked it out because of Tove Lo and I really liked it!

I'm surprised Melanie only just entered? :o For some reason I thought she'd charted ages ago :lol: What caused the entry this week then, did you finally just get round to listening to it or did you just hear about her?
Unfortunately it's likely to see "Team" dropping like a stone this week... :oops: I still prefer "Black Widow" and "Fancy", and other than that i'm not familiar with Iggy's discography... :oops:

"Close" is a cool surprise, glad you like it. So you're not really a fan of Nick? I thought his debut was great :)

Oh i wrote that i'll check it out around two weeks ago in your PC topic :oops: So yeah, i finally checked it out, but i already knew about her before. And it's really good! :)
User avatar
Tansike
Legend
 
Posts: 44863
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012
Location: Switzerland

Postby Kirill » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:01 pm

About to check Birdy's new album. Hope it's good, but heard some 'so-so' comments :oops:
User avatar
Kirill
Manager
 
Posts: 3292
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009

Postby phoenix98 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:18 pm

Tansike wrote:Really glad to hear you like "Be Alright" that much as you weren't that much into "Dangerous Woman". I'm not sure which one i will prefer to the other in the future, as i like both a lot right now. While i loved "Be Alright" in its debut week, i'm already starting to get a bit over it as it's too much like another "One Last Time", just a bit weaker (still great, though), while "Dangerous Woman" is something she never did before. But yeah, the message of "Be Alright" is obviously better than the one by "Dangerous Woman"... if there's one... :)

It's really incredible that "The Sweet Escape" celebrates its tenth year this year :o But yeah, the album made me liking the two singles again, and i started to like "Misery" as well that's why it debuted in the Top10. The whole album is really good, and these three tracks are currently three of the weaker songs so if you like(d) them, you should check the whole album out :) I didn't know "4 In The Morning" was a Hot 100 flop though :o

Thanks! It's finally over. I'm so happy as i spent so much time and money on the whole thing. Now i only have to wait about six weeks for the results...

Thanks a lot :D
I hadn't thought of the "Be Alright" -> "One Last Time" connection before, but they do have a pretty similar sound! If I HAD to pick between them, I'd probably choose "One Last Time"...but since they have such different themes/messages, I can enjoy and appreciate them separately.

Yeah :cry: "4 In The Morning" peaked at No. 54 following "Wind It Up" (No. 6) and "The Sweet Escape" (No. 2.) SUCH. A. CRIME! :x

Congrats on being done with the tests! Damn @ having to wait 6 weeks for the results, though - they're certainly keeping you in suspense! What exactly were these tests for, if you don't mind me asking?

Tansike wrote:1 (NEW) Lena – Beat To My Melody
3 (1) Ariana Grande – Be Alright
4 (4) Ariana Grande – Dangerous Woman
10 (NEW) Nick Jonas feat. Tove Lo – Close
11 (9) Mike Posner – I Took A Pill In Ibiza *G*
12 (6) Fifth Harmony feat. Ty Dolla $ign – Work From Home
13 (8) Grimes – Kill V. Maim *G*
14 (11) Alan Walker – Faded *G*
15 (12) Meghan Trainor – No
21 (19) Ellie Goulding – Something In The Way You Move *G*
26 (32) Gwen Stefani – Used To Love You *G*
28 (35) Gwen Stefani – Make Me Like You
29 (25) Justin Bieber – Love Yourself *G*
36 (RE) Zara Larsson & MNEK – Never Forget You *P*
39 (24) Calvin Harris feat. Ellie Goulding – Outside *G*
• Aw, the official video for your new No. 1 isn't available in my country :lol: I managed to find a different upload of the song, and it's pretty interesting! It has a...hypnotic quality to it.
• Nice to see "Close" debut inside your Top 10! I don't see it becoming a MASSIVE hit on my chart (it's a bit too...mellow/slow...for me), but it might hang around the lower region for a little while.
• Hooray for Mike earning his first-ever Gold cert!
• Glad that "Make Me Like You" is moving back in the right direction!

Yet another divine chart, Tansike! :D
User avatar
phoenix98
Legend
 
Posts: 13203
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007

Postby Magnus » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:52 am

I didn't remember "Deat to My Melody"; listened to it but still didn't remember it... So unfortunately I'll have to say it's one of my least favourites on the album, although it's still ok.

I checked out some of the other new entries. "Close" sounded so-so and I don't like Nick's voice (plus I can't get rid of the image of him as a serial killer :wink:). "Come" was sort of interesting but I'm not sure I actually like it. It sounded like she was singing in French despite the lyrics being in English... I might check out a few other songs on the album to see if it's worth it to listen to the entire album.

The best of the songs I checked out turned out to be "Hurricane", that one I'm very likely to listen to again!

Great to see the Melanie Martinez album in the top 5 on the albums chart! Although I don't like it as much as I thought I would when I started the thread for it in Pure Pop, there are at least a few songs on it that I really like, especially "Play Date".

Birdy flopped with the songs by her I've heard (five including "Keeping Your Head Up") so I will probably need a good reason to listen that album. Do you think it's better than her previous stuff? Is there one or two songs on it that sound different from the rest?
User avatar
Magnus
Manager
 
Posts: 2546
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004
Location: La Suède

Postby Tansike » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:01 am

Kirill wrote:About to check Birdy's new album. Hope it's good, but heard some 'so-so' comments :oops:
I think it's pretty solid. Especially the first few songs on the album are good, but all together is a bit samey and needs at least two spins...

phoenix98 wrote:I hadn't thought of the "Be Alright" -> "One Last Time" connection before, but they do have a pretty similar sound! If I HAD to pick between them, I'd probably choose "One Last Time"...but since they have such different themes/messages, I can enjoy and appreciate them separately.

Yeah :cry: "4 In The Morning" peaked at No. 54 following "Wind It Up" (No. 6) and "The Sweet Escape" (No. 2.) SUCH. A. CRIME! :x

Congrats on being done with the tests! Damn @ having to wait 6 weeks for the results, though - they're certainly keeping you in suspense! What exactly were these tests for, if you don't mind me asking?
I'd pick "One Last Time" as well but you're right, they have different messages... The "Be Alright" message is actually a better one i guess.

Oh #54 is a low peak indeed. A shame it never went higher... also a shame she never released "Early Winter" everywhere :(

Thanks! Well six weeks is (unfortunately) kinda normal over here. If i pass the exam, i'll get the title 'swiss certified specialist for finance and accounting' :)

phoenix98 wrote:• Aw, the official video for your new No. 1 isn't available in my country :lol: I managed to find a different upload of the song, and it's pretty interesting! It has a...hypnotic quality to it.
• Nice to see "Close" debut inside your Top 10! I don't see it becoming a MASSIVE hit on my chart (it's a bit too...mellow/slow...for me), but it might hang around the lower region for a little while.
• Hooray for Mike earning his first-ever Gold cert!
• Glad that "Make Me Like You" is moving back in the right direction!

Yet another divine chart, Tansike! :D
Ugh i don't get why so many videos from german artists are blocked outside of the german speaking countries :x Glad you found another video though and think it's interesting. It's a pretty good pop song IMO and i really love her latest album :)
Glad you like the debut for "Close". It'll even climb a bit further this week...
Yes, Mike's song is doing really good on my charts. He even has the chance of going Platinum if he won't start to drop fast now, but the upcoming album release could push the song again.
Unfortunately, i think "Make Me Like You" won't go higher in the upcoming weeks...

Thanks a lot! :D
User avatar
Tansike
Legend
 
Posts: 44863
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012
Location: Switzerland

Postby Tansike » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:03 am

Magnus wrote:I didn't remember "Deat to My Melody"; listened to it but still didn't remember it... So unfortunately I'll have to say it's one of my least favourites on the album, although it's still ok.

I checked out some of the other new entries. "Close" sounded so-so and I don't like Nick's voice (plus I can't get rid of the image of him as a serial killer :wink:). "Come" was sort of interesting but I'm not sure I actually like it. It sounded like she was singing in French despite the lyrics being in English... I might check out a few other songs on the album to see if it's worth it to listen to the entire album.

The best of the songs I checked out turned out to be "Hurricane", that one I'm very likely to listen to again!

Great to see the Melanie Martinez album in the top 5 on the albums chart! Although I don't like it as much as I thought I would when I started the thread for it in Pure Pop, there are at least a few songs on it that I really like, especially "Play Date".

Birdy flopped with the songs by her I've heard (five including "Keeping Your Head Up") so I will probably need a good reason to listen that album. Do you think it's better than her previous stuff? Is there one or two songs on it that sound different from the rest?
Oh that's not a good sign if you can't remember it, as i remember you had the album on your charts as well :(

Haha i didn't see that movie of Nick, so i don't see him as a killer :P You also weren't a fan of his previous stuff, were you?
Glad you thought "Come" was interesting. And she's french, that's why it sounds like she's singing in french but she sings in english. Her album is pretty interesting too, and currently a huge success in France. As for "Hurricane", glad you like it. I guess you know Elaiza from the ESC as well? Unfortunately, as of now it looks like "Hurricane" won't have a long live on my charts... :oops:

I'm listening to "Play Date" right now, which is my favorite song on "Cry Baby", so this seems to be a rare moment when we share the same favorite song on an album :D 8-) I wasn't too keen on the album at first though, but it grew on me a lot after a few spins and she'll also have a very high entry on the singles charts this week :wink:

The only song that sounds different to the rest is "Keeping Your Head Up", the rest is a bit samey, piano ballads à la Birdy. It took me more than one spins to get a bit into it. Which songs did you heard so far?
User avatar
Tansike
Legend
 
Posts: 44863
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012
Location: Switzerland

Return to Personal Charts

cron