My Charts - week 46 - thank u, American

Moderators: JSparksFan, tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby vinnie65 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:11 am

Great new entries from Carly Rae Jepsen and JLo!! 8-)
vinnie65
Manager

Postby Tansike » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:11 am

Biebz wrote:Nice entry for Carly, I don't expect much success here, it's a nice song but there's loads better on the album imo

I hope Drake can climb in the coming weeks, nice song :D
I agree that there are loads of better songs on the album so i was hoping for another track to be the next single :( But yeah it won't be a big success for her unfortunately.

Don't worry, he will climb for sure 8-)

JakeP wrote:Hi Tansike :D

1 (NEW) Carrie Underwood – Church Bells
Wow, i wasn't expecting to see Church bells #1 but its a pleasant surprise. Is this the next single as there isn't a music video on Youtube, or is just from listening to the album it's got a big boost?
Hey Jake! :D

"Church Bells" is officially the next (and third) single of Carrie's latest album, and she performed it on a country music awards not too long ago which was one of the reasons why it entered my charts. It's been my favorite song on her album since its release so a big debut once it gets released was guaranteed.
A music video will be released soon by the way, as she already shot one :)

JakeP wrote:2 (1) Lena – Beat To My Melody
This is growing on me, it's proved to be a bit of a grower. Might even sneak into my top 20 today. :o
Oh really glad to hear that. I hope it does enter your charts this week :D

JakeP wrote:8 (NEW) Carly Rae Jepsen – Boy Problems
Aww poor Carly, she is destined to be famous for silly pop songs that every time she does something more serious, people don't want it. :P This song is ok but i agree with Biebz i prefer some of her other tracks more.
Haha that's true, and also a bit sad. Her latest album is sooo good and deserved to be so much more successful than it was. No idea why she didn't get more success. But to be honest she also picked the wrong singles, especially the third one and now the fourth with "Boy Problems". It's a good track for sure, but there are several better tracks on the album IMO so i agree on that as well.

JakeP wrote:14 (NEW) Jennifer Lopez – Ain’t Your Mama
LOL i love Jennifer Lopez and this is looking set to make my top 20 but it won't be top 10 for me either. I loved so many of her songs from the On the 6 and J.Lo eras.
Actually i think this is her best single since the "Love?" era, it's pretty fun and catchy and i really enjoy it a lot lately. Not sure if Top10 will be possible but it won't drop fast for sure (and that's already a big thing for her! :oops: )

JakeP wrote:26 (NEW) will.i.am feat. Pia Mia – Boys & Girls
A bit like J Lo, it's not Will.i.am's best single but i like it, should also sneak into my top 20. Have you heard the new version of Mona Lisa smile with Nicole Scherzinger? I wasn't that familiar with the original as i don't have the album but this new version is so much better imo. I hope its the next single. Nicole's parts are so weird but i love it anyways. :lol:
Yes i've heard the new version of "Mona Lisa Smile". I thought the original one from his album was awful though so don't expect an entry for the new version, and "Boys & Girls" won't have that much longevity as well :oops:

JakeP wrote:38 (NEW) Drake feat. Wizkid & Kyla – One Dance
So much better than Pop life, at least One dance sounds more radio friendly which is why i prefer this song. It's gone to #1 in the UK charts, i doubt it'll reach that position in my chart though. :P
Agree. "Pop Life" is still nice though, but "One Dance" screams smash and it looks like it will be a huge hit for Drake, if not even his biggest worldwide hit ever.

bluecherry wrote:YESS at slay bells and boy godlems
Glad you like these entries :D
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:11 am

MrRager wrote:...
Lots I like this week. The ones highlighted are the ones I think are brilliant. The rest are Ok/Good. I liked Aint Your Mama but I think I got sick of it within a week. I remember you saying you were shocked that I liked the Birdy songs. I like them, but I don't love them. But I think i'll check out her album because both her songs are nice.

I'm not that keen on Pity Party. I think its probably the worst song on Cry Baby so I'm pretty gutted that it's the song that they are trying to push the album with :cry: I wish they had gone with SOAP because it's a complete Smash!
I had no idea you like All Saints' new single that much :o Unfortunately it won't show that much longevity... :oops: Jennifer's track is the opposite with me, as the more i listen to it the more i like it and it's easily her best song in ages. Hope it grows back on you. Excited to hear what you'll think about Birdy's album, there are a few too many piano ballads on it IMO but other than that it's pretty good. It needs at least two spins though.

Oh really? It's actually also the track that made me like the album/Melanie. A chance it may grow on you?

phoenix98 wrote:Ah, OK. So several songs peaked higher than OOTW's No. 6, but when we look at peak + longevity combined, OOTW comes out on top. BS had pretty great longevity for a song that never went higher than No. 15 :o Though it's slightly criminal that you never let it crack your Top 10...

Ooh...interesting picks! I need a little more time with "Getting Warmer"...so far: don't love it, don't hate it. Singles aside, "Truth" is definitely my favorite. "Asking 4 It" gets stuck in my head a lot, though it's not a song I would've expected to get hooked on. "Obsessed" is kind of obnoxious, but catchy/fun at the same time. I keep coming back to "Red Flag" and "Naughty" too.
Yes, OOTW had like the best combination of a good peak and good longevity. I wasn't a fan of BS at first and it only got into the Top20 based on the hype and on the fact that it's by Taylor. This is its chartrun: 15-16-23-39-Out-RE 29-22-15-16-18-18-23-29-31-31-28-Out - so it only had a very awful chartrun at first and it took some time to re-enter the charts. The main reason for its re-entry was that it got lots of airplay out of a sudden over here in Switzerland, so i couldn't 'escape' the song and started to really like it.

I can see "Asking 4 It" being a single in the future due to the feature. Glad you mentoned "Naughty", as i really like that one :)

phoenix98 wrote:• I checked out "Church Bells" when it topped Akini's chart, and although I'm feeling it a bit more now that I'm re-listening to it...idk, it just doesn't hit me the way several other songs of hers did. It's not awful by any means - just doesn't make me want to come back for more. What are your other favorite Carrie tunes, pre-Storyteller?
• "Boy Problems", on the other hand, has kept me coming back time and time again! Really glad that it maintains Carly's Top 10 streak here. <3
• Great to see "One Dance" debut! Definitely my favorite Drake single (as a lead artist) since "Hold On, We're Going Home."

Yet another solid chart, Tansike! :D
Did Carrie already have some hits on your charts?
I already knew who Carrie was since several years, but "Blown Away" was the first album i bought (and listened) by her, followed by her GH and the current one. I also downloaded "Play On" in the meantime. My favorite song from her is "Blown Away", already followed by "Church Bells". Since i don't know most of the pre-BA tracks i can't name a fave from there... probably "Quitter" from "Play On". What are your faves from her?
I hope you don't expect much from "Boy Problems" cause i can't see it being a big hit for her.... :oops:
Glad to hear this about Drake! :)

Thanks a lot :D

leomedar wrote:Really like all the chart facts. Interesting and fun.
Glad to hear that! :D

Kirill wrote:Finally 'One Strike' entered your chart, hope it will have a good run :oops: :lol:

Beautiful Lies is good, but not sure if I keep all songs in my music library :oops:
Unfortunately it's not likely to see this hanging on for too long... i haven't played the album that much over the last few days to be honest. Need to replay it soon though...

Glad you kinda like Birdy's new album. It's not as good as her debut but i think it's definitely better than "Fire Within", however i think there are too many similar piano ballads on there.
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:12 am

Jack wrote:Sad to see two Gwen songs drop out but I love Nick Jonas feat. Tove Lo, Mike Posner, Fifth Harmony feat. Ty Dolla $ign, Sia, Gwen Stefani ad Meghan Trainor
Well "Used To Love You" was quite a big hit. Other than that, i think the three singles are not the best songs on the album :oops:
Glad you like all these other entries!

Magnus wrote:Yeah, this was a bit interesting because "Sleep Now" was the most successful of the two in terms of total plays (and thus its position on my YEC; "Traffic Lights" wasn't even in the top 200), but as you might remember it never reached my weekly top 30, which "Traffic Lights" did (#25). "Sleep Now" is one of only two eligible songs that got 100 plays in a calendar year and still didn't chart on my weekly chart (technically it may still happen, but not likely without some kind of strong trigger event).
Yes, i remember that, also that "Sleep Now" was part of your YEC but i couldn't remember "Traffic Lights" being there too that's why i was a bit surprised to hear it's one of your faves as well, but that's good :)

Magnus wrote:I hadn't heard that song but just listened to it and it was quite good, will probably get some plays but not sure it will be enough to chart.
Oh great that you like it! :)

Magnus wrote:Yeah, that's a good description. It doesn't have enough of an "it" factor I think.
Yes... that's also why it will fall even more this week.... :oops:

Magnus wrote:Ah, I had forgotten that song wasn't on the standard edition (and I would probably have assumed you had heard all of the songs considering the album was #1 on your chart). Checking now what other songs are only on the deluxe edition... Ah, "Wonderland". That one is definitely among the better half of the songs.

I can probably live without a new lead single and album until next year, but couldn't she at least release some sondtrack song or something?
As i said, i only bought the standard edition back then, and the reason was because the price difference was very big and it wasn't worth to get 'only' three more songs to be honest, so i went with the standard edition. But "Wonderland" is quite good as well, and agree that there are several weaker songs on the standard edition compared to that one.

Magnus wrote:Yeah, and in fact I also knew that 'ß' isn't used in Switzerland, I talked about this with my sister the first time I was visiting there. I also did some googling earlier this year because I wanted to find out why the Wolkenfrei album Wachgeküsst (and the song) was officially spelled like that and not with the 'ß' and found out that it should nowadays not be used after a short vowel (which makes sense).
Ah cool :) I don't know the rules behind that 'ß' if i'm honest but there's worse i guess :)

Magnus wrote:Great to see Carrie at #1 on both charts! I expected a strong entry for "Church Bells" but wasn't sure it would be at #1. This was a great single choice from Carrie's album (unlike "Boy Problems" from Carly's). I like "What I Never Knew I Always Wanted" a little bit more but it's close and I don't think that one would work as well as a single (if only for the awkwardly long title...).

I haven't checked out the new All Saints album yet but probably will. I never listened to any of their earlier albums in full though, despite "Pure Shores" and "Black Coffee" being fairly big hits on my chart at the time (both peaked at #4). "One Strike" is ok but so far hasn't been close to charting on my chart.
Glad you like Carrie's success! "Church Bells" is already my second favorite song by Carrie, only behind the fantastic "Blown Away". Unfortunately, "Beat To My Melody" by Lena was stronger than ever last week, so the battle for #1 was more interesting than i expected. I wasn't too sure about "What I Never Knew I Always Wanted" at first but over the time it became my favorite ballad on "Storyteller". I even prefer it to "Heartbeat" :)

Same with me, as "Red Flag" was the first album i've heard by the group. It's pretty solid, but i need to get more into it, otherwise it will leave my charts soon.

vinnie65 wrote:Great new entries from Carly Rae Jepsen and JLo!! 8-)
Glad you like those! :)
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:44 am

thanks so much for all comments

week 16/2016 – 21 april 2016 Time for some Metal

Singles Top40
The biggest sensation this week probably happens on the album charts, as Babymetal gets a spectacular debut with their new album “Metal Resistance”. They have currently no entry on the singles charts, but expect one or two of their singles to make an impact on next weeks singles charts.

Carrie Underwood gets a second week on the top spot with her current single “Church Bells”, which immediately becomes her first song to spend multiple weeks at number one. Lena also remains on the second place with “Beat To My Melody”, despite having two very strong new entries behind her. While there were already several weeks with a weak Top3, the whole Top4 would have been contenders for the top spot in most other weeks this time. German singer Vanessa Mai gets the highest new entry of the week, as her single “Ich sterb für dich” debuts at #3 as one of the most surprising entries ever, as I’m usually not the biggest fan of german music, and not at all of the Schlager genre. “Ich sterb für dich” is the lead single of her first album as a solo artist called “Für Dich”, which was released last friday. The last contender for the top spot is P!nk, who returns to the charts with “Just Like Fire” at #4. The song is the title track of the upcoming movie ‘Alice Through The Looking Glass’, the follow-up to 2010’s ‘Alice In Wonderland’, who spawned a top hit with Avril Lavigne’s “Alice”, which served as the official title song of that movie six years ago.

A third new entry makes the Top10 at #8, coming from American newcomer Halsey. “Castle” was the opener of her debut album “Badlands” and a different version serves as the title track of the movie ‘The Huntsman: Winter's War’ now. It ties the peak of “New Americana”, which debuted and peaked at #8 last year as her most successful entry so far. British singer songwriter Tom Odell is finally ready to release his upcoming second album “Wrong Crowd”, and he already released two tracks, with both of them making their debuts on my charts this week. The title track debuts at #20, followed by “Magnetised” which enters the charts at #29. A sixth and last entry arrives at #39, as Beatrice Egli’s current single “Kick im Augenblick” from the new album with the same name enters the charts there.

Demi Lovato’s “Stone Cold” dips 4-5 and gets certified with Gold this week, being her first certified song since “Really Don’t Care”, and only her fourth certified single overall. Grimes’ “Kill V. Maim” continues to climb, going back up 7-6 this week, followed by Inna’s “Bad Boys” which is down 5-7. Kerli’s “Feral Hearts” falls 6-9 while Melanie Martinez’ “Pity Party” closes the Top10 (3-10).

Below the Top10, there are a few songs that show some surprising stability this week. Taylor Swift remains at #11 with “New Romantics”, followed by Mike Posner’s “I Took A Pill Ibiza” who already is in his 11th charting week and never went lower than #13. Jennifer Lopez gets a new peak with “Ain’t Your Mama”, as the track moves up 14-13, while Ariana Grande’s “Dangerous Woman” slips 12-14. Ariana’s other charting track “Be Alright” keeps on falling faster (17-21). Zara Larsson and MNEK are back in the upper half of the charts with their smash hit “Never Forget You” (23-16). The song already spent a week on top of the charts last year, and is currently having a second chart life because it only becomes a success in some countries including Switzerland and the US now. Drake’s “One Dance” is having a big increase this week, as the track is up 38-25 and will most likely rise even further in the upcoming weeks.

Drake’s “One Dance” is the biggest climber, while Jasmine Thompson & Hugel’s “Where We Belong” (15-27) and will.i.am’s “Boys & Girls” (26-38) both drop twelve positions as the biggest losers this week.
    ImageImage
    ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

1 (1) Carrie Underwood – Church Bells
Chart Run: *1*-1- / 2w

2 (2) Lena – Beat To My Melody
Chart Run: *1*-1-2-2- / 4w

3 (NEW) Vanessa Mai – Ich sterb für dich
Chart Run: *3*- / 1w

4 (NEW) P!nk – Just Like Fire
Chart Run: *4*- / 1w

5 (4) Demi Lovato – Stone Cold *G*
Chart Run: 11-7-5-*3*-5-6-4-5- / 8w

6 (7) Grimes – Kill V. Maim *G*
Chart Run: 3-*2*-3-6-9-14-10-11-8-13-10-7-6- / 13w

7 (5) Inna – Bad Boys
Chart Run: *2*-2-5-5-7- / 5w

8 (NEW) Halsey – Castle
Chart Run: *8*- / 1w

9 (6) Kerli – Feral Hearts *G*
Chart Run: *1*-1-1-3-7-7-11-6-9- / 9w

10 (3) Melanie Martinez – Pity Party
Chart Run: *2*-3-10- / 3w

11 (11) Taylor Swift – New Romantics
Chart Run: *8*-11-11- / 3w

12 (13) Mike Posner – I Took A Pill In Ibiza *G*
Chart Run: 13-*4*-4-6-6-7-9-11-13-13-12- / 11w

13 (14) Jennifer Lopez – Ain’t Your Mama
Chart Run: 14-*13*- / 2w

14 (12) Ariana Grande – Dangerous Woman
Chart Run: *2*-4-4-7-12-14- / 6w

15 (10) Mark Forster – Wir sind gross
Chart Run: 14-*10*-15- / 3w

16 (23) Zara Larsson & MNEK – Never Forget You *P*
Chart Run: 4-*1*-2-5-6-4-5-4-8-9-13-20-25-21-24-26-33-31-36-Out-RE 36-29-23-16- / 23w

17 (8) Carly Rae Jepsen – Boy Problems
Chart Run: *8*-17- / 2w

18 (18) Fifth Harmony feat. Ty Dolla $ign – Work From Home
Chart Run: 4-*3*-4-6-12-15-18-18- / 8w

19 (9) Nick Jonas feat. Tove Lo – Close
Chart Run: 10-*4*-9-19- / 4w

20 (NEW) Tom Odell – Wrong Crowd
Chart Run: *20*- / 1w

21 (17) Ariana Grande – Be Alright
Chart Run: *1*-3-9-17-21- / 5w

22 (16) Sergey Lazarev – You Are The Only One
Chart Run: *1*-5-6-12-16-22- / 6w

23 (34) Jamie-Lee Kriewitz – Ghost *G*
Chart Run: *1*-1-1-3-8-16-26-32-Out-RE 2-4-9-17-24-33-34-23- / 16w

24 (22) Birdy – Wild Horses
Chart Run: 38-23-*17*-22-24- / 5w

25 (38) Drake feat. Wizkid & Kyla – One Dance
Chart Run: 38-*25*- / 2w

26 (21) Sia – Cheap Thrills *G*
Chart Run: *2*-5-19-9-4-8-14-29-32-39-Out-RE 33-28-21-26- / 14w

27 (15) Jasmine Thompson & Hugel – Where We Belong
Chart Run: *3*-15-27- / 3w

28 (20) Seven Lions feat. Lights – Falling Away
Chart Run: 23-*20*-28- / 3w

29 (NEW) Tom Odell – Magnetised
Chart Run: *29*- / 1w

30 (19) The Lumineers – Ophelia
Chart Run: 34-30-Out-RE *19*-30- / 4w

31 (32) Coldplay – Hymn For The Weekend *G*
Chart Run: *6*-8-7-6-9-13-14-18-22-27-32-31- / 12w

32 (27) Meghan Trainor – No
Chart Run: *2*-10-12-15-22-27-32- / 7w

33 (30) The BossHoss feat. The Common Linnets – Jolene
Chart Run: *3*-12-17-22-22-25-24-30-33- / 9w

34 (25) Jain – Come
Chart Run: *16*-19-25-34- / 4w

35 (24) Gwen Stefani – Misery
Chart Run: 10-*9*-16-24-35- / 5w

36 (29) Icona Pop – Someone Who Can Dance
Chart Run: 29-23-*16*-19-20-29-36- / 7w

37 (28) Alan Walker – Faded *G*
Chart Run: *1*-1-2-3-5-8-11-14-21-28-37- / 11w

38 (26) will.i.am feat. Pia Mia – Boys & Girls
Chart Run: *26*-38- / 2w

39 (NEW) Beatrice Egli – Kick im Augenblick
Chart Run: *39*- / 1w

40 (37) Birdy – Keeping Your Head Up
Chart Run: *1*-3-8-17-29-Out-RE 18-30-37-40- / 9w

Out of Top40
Out (31) Aurora – Murder Song (5, 4, 3, 2, 1) (4w)
Out (33) Twenty One Pilots – Stressed Out (7w)
Out (35) Inna – Yalla (8w)
Out (36) All Saints – One Strike (1w)
Out (39) Bebe Rexha feat. Nicki Minaj – No Broken Hearts (2w)
Out (40) Iggy Azalea – Team (4w)

Album Top20
While the race for the top spot on the Singles Top40 was quite an interesting one, it looked like the one for the top spot on the Album Top20 wouldn’t be that interesting at all, as for the first few days of the new week it looked like Carrie would get it just because there’s barely another album I’ve been playing, and not because of Carrie being so strong for another week. But out of a sudden, the Japanese girl band Babymetal appeared and got the top debut easily with their second album “Metal Resistance”, which is a mixture of heavy metal music and the cute Japanese pop vocals. The song of “Metal Resistance” got played already over 150 times since Saturday evening when I discovered them, with the most played song being the album track “Meta Taro” with nearly 70 plays. Carrie Underwood’s “Storyteller” is back down to number two, followed by a second new entry. Vanessa Mai already gets a surprising entry on the singles charts, and her solo debut album “Für Dich” also enters the album charts at #3. Vanessa is usually a singer of the Schlager music genre, but “Für Dich” is probably more pop than Schlager. Meanwhile, Beatrice Egli, who is from the same ‘scene’, debuts at #10 with “Kick im Augenblick”.

Gwen Stefani leaves the Top3 after four weeks, as “This Is What The Truth Feels Like” dips 3-4, followed by Melanie Martinez who is back down 2-5 with “Cry Baby”. The Lumineers get a pretty decent second week as “Cleopatra” falls 4-6. German pop princess Lena returns to the Top10 with her fourth release “Crystal Sky”, which moves up 11-7 in its 35th week. Birdy’s “Beautiful Lies” (6-8) and Grimes’ “Art Angels” (7-9) fill out the Top10.

The two EPs “Creation” by Seven Lions (5-11) and “Joni Was Right” by Marit Larsen (10-18) are having big drops this week. All Saints’ comeback album “Red Flag” (8-13) and Inna’s self-titled album (9-14) are leaving the Top10 as well. There are also two re-entries on the charts, as Rachel Platten’s “Wildfire” (#16) and Selena Gomez’ “Revival” (#19) return to the charts. Both have announced their next singles, which are “Better Place” for Rachel and “Kill Em With Kindness” for Selena.
    ImageImage

1 (NEW) Babymetal – Metal Resistance
Chart Run: *1*- / 1w

2 (1) Carrie Underwood – Storyteller *P*
Chart Run: 2-*1*-2-7-9-20-17-14-16-18-16-20-Out-RE 16-13-11-5-2-3-2-1-2- / 21w

3 (NEW) Vanessa Mai – Für Dich
Chart Run: *3*- / 1w

4 (3) Gwen Stefani – This Is What The Truth Feels Like
Chart Run: *1*-1-1-3-4- / 5w

5 (2) Melanie Martinez – Cry Baby
Chart Run: 5-3-*2*-5- / 4w

6 (4) The Lumineers – Cleopatra
Chart Run: *4*-6- / 2w

7 (11) Lena – Crystal Sky *2xP*
Chart Run: *1*-2-2-4-5-3-2-4-6-6-5-5-6-6-7-6-7-7-6-7-9-8-11-7-5-3-4-6-11-20-Out-RE 19-14-17-11-7- / 35w

8 (6) Birdy – Beautiful Lies
Chart Run: *2*-5-6-8- / 4w

9 (7) Grimes – Art Angels *P*
Chart Run: 5-4-4-2-4-4-*1*-3-5-6-9-12-15-16-11-15-10-7-9- / 19w

10 (NEW) Beatrice Egli – Kick im Augenblick
Chart Run: *10*- / 1w

11 (5) Seven Lions – Creation EP
Chart Run: 7-*5*-11- / 3w

12 (15) Anna Känzig – Sound And Fury
Chart Run: 6-*4*-5-10-19-15-12- / 7w

13 (8) All Saints – Red Flag
Chart Run: *8*-13- / 2w

14 (9) Inna – Inna *G*
Chart Run: *2*-5-5-3-8-13-18-13-Out-RE 7-4-6-9-14- / 13w

15 (12) Jain – Zanaka
Chart Run: *9*-9-12-15- / 4w

16 (RE) Rachel Platten – Wildfire *G*
Chart Run: *1*-1-1-3-7-10-11-18-Out-RE 16- / 9w

17 (14) Taylor Swift – 1989 *3xG*
Chart Run: *1*-2-6-10-14-16-17-17-Out-RE 12-11-9-7-5-2-3-5-7-9-10-10-8-9-12-17-14-20-Out-RE 8-9-12-15-17-20-Out-RE 18-17-20-Out-RE 11-16-19-17-20-18-13-14-17- / 44w

18 (10) Marit Larsen – Joni Was Right EP
Chart Run: *4*-10-18- / 3w

19 (RE) Selena Gomez – Revival *P*
Chart Run: *1*-1-3-6-7-8-11-9-18-11-14-8-4-5-5-6-8-11-14-20-Out-RE 19- / 21w

20 (17) Aurora – All My Demons Greeting Me As A Friend
Chart Run: *3*-6-12-20-17-20- / 6w

Out of Top20
Out (13) Zayn – Mind Of Mine (3w)
Out (16) Twenty One Pilots – Blurryface (7w)
Out (18) Carly Rae Jepsen – E-Mo-Tion *G* (12w)
Out (19) Ellie Goulding – Delirium *3xG* (22w)
Out (20) Charlie Puth – Nine Track Mind *G* (11w)

(sorry for eventual mistakes!)
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:44 am

New certifications

GOLD
Demi Lovato – Stone Cold [single]

(these certifications were already added to the charts above)

Click here for the Certification Database
Tansike
Legend

Postby KokoCollino » Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:28 pm

Finally I can check out your charts again :D

Crazy successful chart-run for "Beat To My Melody"! I am somehow already over the song as I heard the original and the remix already a lot some months ago.

I like Pink's new song! It will debut on my charts tomorrow :)

I randomly got to know "Colours" by Halsey yesterday and I liked it a lot, way more than "New Americana"! Is "Castle" the new single? I guess I need to spin the album :)

OMG you started loving "Pity Party" and I missed it :cry: :cry: :cry: It was my #4 single of 2015 and I hope she's the Twenty One Pilots of 2016! Cool to see you like the album as well :)

Another random "first listen" was "New Romantics" this week, and I guess I'll chart it as well this week :lol: Nice to see it on your chart.

I like "Ain't Your Mama" and I hope the label doesn't give up on it too soon :)

I saw Birdy live these days and "Wild Horses" was my favorite new track performed live!

Love to see the high debut for Jasmine's new song, I hope you find the love again, I think it's such a perfect, light spring/summer song.
Looks like I found my way home
KokoCollino
Superstar

Postby Tansike » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:08 am

^ yay, glad to have you back! Hope you had a great time wherever you were :D

What do you think about the Dayne S remix? It's the one which was on the first video, it's also on the "Beat To My Melody" EP. I think that one is fantastic and it's currently more or less the only one i'm playing :)

Glad to hear you like P!nk's new song. And yes, "Castle" is the next single by Halsey. It's the title track for that new Chris Hemsworth movie (that Snow White thingy). "Colors" somehow never really got me... :oops:

I can see Melanie Martinez being pretty successful this year. Her album is already doing very well in the US and it's really good! :)

Oh good you listened to "New Romantics". It's another great pop track by Taylor.
Hope so too about "Ain't Your Mama", it's her best release since the "Love?" era... :(

Oh you saw her live? :o That's great! "Wild Horses" wasn't my cup of tea at first but it grew on me a lot. Now i think it's one of the best songs on the album :)
Unfortunately i don't see "Where We Belong" to pick up again... but glad you like it!
Tansike
Legend

Postby Magnus » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:23 pm

Oops... Ignore what I wrote yesterday in my reply about Vanessa Mai in my chart thread; she's already charting on your chart! Great to see "Ich sterb für dich" at #3! Even though that's much higher than it reached on my chart, I definitely like it. I didn't expect such a strong debut for it on your chart even after you said you liked it.

Pink's new song is OK, although nothing spectacular for me. Oh, so Halsey released "Castle" as a single? Not the best choice imo. She should release "Strange Love", that's my favourite song on the album (along with "New Americana"). But nice to see a top 10 entry for a song I already know!

Great that "Church Bells" gets a second week at #1! I also like the turnaround for "Ghost" (due to ESC compilation?) and the entry for Beatrice Egli's "Kick in Augenblick".

Very nice entry for Vanessa Mai's album on the albums chart (again much higher than on mine...)! The album is not as good as I had hoped though.

Metal is a genre I have more or less always ignored, but I got a bit curious about your #1 album so I checked out a few tracks and they were a lot different from what I expected. I don't understand any of the lyrics (Japanese?). It's rather interesting though. I might listen to the full album some time if I get bored and want to hear something different!
Magnus
Manager

Postby phoenix98 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:55 pm

Tansike wrote:Did Carrie already have some hits on your charts?
I already knew who Carrie was since several years, but "Blown Away" was the first album i bought (and listened) by her, followed by her GH and the current one. I also downloaded "Play On" in the meantime. My favorite song from her is "Blown Away", already followed by "Church Bells". Since i don't know most of the pre-BA tracks i can't name a fave from there... probably "Quitter" from "Play On". What are your faves from her?

I hope you don't expect much from "Boy Problems" cause i can't see it being a big hit for her.... :oops:
Blown Away was the first Carrie album I bought too :D Before that, I'd just download her singles or random tracks that people recommended. Her biggest hits on my chart have been "Blown Away" (No. 4 peak, 9 weeks on the chart) and "Something In The Water" (No. 1(1), 8 weeks on the chart.) If my chart had existed earlier, "Just A Dream" and "Independence Day" would've been big hits...probably "Before He Cheats" and "Some Hearts" too!

Aw, so now both you AND Jake are paying "Boy Problems" dust. :(

Tansike wrote:1 (1) Carrie Underwood – Church Bells
6 (7) Grimes – Kill V. Maim *G*
10 (3) Melanie Martinez – Pity Party
11 (11) Taylor Swift – New Romantics
12 (13) Mike Posner – I Took A Pill In Ibiza *G*
14 (12) Ariana Grande – Dangerous Woman
16 (23) Zara Larsson & MNEK – Never Forget You *P*
17 (8) Carly Rae Jepsen – Boy Problems
18 (18) Fifth Harmony feat. Ty Dolla $ign – Work From Home
19 (9) Nick Jonas feat. Tove Lo – Close
21 (17) Ariana Grande – Be Alright
25 (38) Drake feat. Wizkid & Kyla – One Dance
32 (27) Meghan Trainor – No
35 (24) Gwen Stefani – Misery
37 (28) Alan Walker – Faded *G*
• I was excited by the prospect of new P!nk music, but I'm really not feeling "Just Like Fire." Hopefully she gives us some non-soundtrack material before the end of the year! **Fingers crossed**
• "Kill V. Maim" is enjoying some impressive longevity for a song that (tragically) isn't getting much exposure/success anywhere...well, outside UKMix, anyway!
• Speaking of impressive longevity, it's awesome that "I Took A Pill..." has never dipped below No. 13 yet!
• Hooray for "One Dance" earning your "Biggest Climber" award this week! I'd love to see it replace "Panda" atop the Hot 100...preferably sooner rather than later. :lol:

Yet another wondrous chart, Tansike!
phoenix98
Legend

Postby Tansike » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:33 pm

Magnus wrote:Oops... Ignore what I wrote yesterday in my reply about Vanessa Mai in my chart thread; she's already charting on your chart! Great to see "Ich sterb für dich" at #3! Even though that's much higher than it reached on my chart, I definitely like it. I didn't expect such a strong debut for it on your chart even after you said you liked it.

Pink's new song is OK, although nothing spectacular for me. Oh, so Halsey released "Castle" as a single? Not the best choice imo. She should release "Strange Love", that's my favourite song on the album (along with "New Americana"). But nice to see a top 10 entry for a song I already know!

Great that "Church Bells" gets a second week at #1! I also like the turnaround for "Ghost" (due to ESC compilation?) and the entry for Beatrice Egli's "Kick in Augenblick".

Very nice entry for Vanessa Mai's album on the albums chart (again much higher than on mine...)! The album is not as good as I had hoped though.

Metal is a genre I have more or less always ignored, but I got a bit curious about your #1 album so I checked out a few tracks and they were a lot different from what I expected. I don't understand any of the lyrics (Japanese?). It's rather interesting though. I might listen to the full album some time if I get bored and want to hear something different!
I'm surprised as well when it comes to Vanessa, as i never expected to like this song so much out of a sudden. I've already heard it once a while ago but it didn't click with me, now it did while i listened to the album. It also finally entered the german charts, which is well deserved. The part by Dieter Bohlen (not sure if you know him?) is already kinda iconic :lol:

Glad you like "Church Bells"' slayage. I've just enjoyed "Ghost" a bit more, so not due to the ESC compilation. That one will have a first Impact on the charts this week (will be posted tomorrow) and probably an even bigger one next week as i keep on getting into the songs more and more...

It's the other way round for me, as the album is much better than expected. But then i had zero expectations, and i don't know the two albums she did with Wolkenfrei.

Oh which tracks did you check out? The album is a huge surprise for me. I also listened to some metal every now and then, but only by bands with a female lead singer. Babymetal is something totally different though, as the three singers are singing in j-pop style so it's still not 'too hard'. So yeah, to answer your question, they're singing in japanese, with a few words being in english every now and then.

phoenix98 wrote:Blown Away was the first Carrie album I bought too :D Before that, I'd just download her singles or random tracks that people recommended. Her biggest hits on my chart have been "Blown Away" (No. 4 peak, 9 weeks on the chart) and "Something In The Water" (No. 1(1), 8 weeks on the chart.) If my chart had existed earlier, "Just A Dream" and "Independence Day" would've been big hits...probably "Before He Cheats" and "Some Hearts" too!

Aw, so now both you AND Jake are paying "Boy Problems" dust. :(
Cool :D Loving her biggest hits on your charts! "Before He Cheats" and "Some Hearts" are great too, can't remember the other two though. Were they regular singles?

I think you'll be very disappointed when it comes to "Boy Problems" this week... :oops:

phoenix98 wrote:• I was excited by the prospect of new P!nk music, but I'm really not feeling "Just Like Fire." Hopefully she gives us some non-soundtrack material before the end of the year! **Fingers crossed**
• "Kill V. Maim" is enjoying some impressive longevity for a song that (tragically) isn't getting much exposure/success anywhere...well, outside UKMix, anyway!
• Speaking of impressive longevity, it's awesome that "I Took A Pill..." has never dipped below No. 13 yet!
• Hooray for "One Dance" earning your "Biggest Climber" award this week! I'd love to see it replace "Panda" atop the Hot 100...preferably sooner rather than later. :lol:

Yet another wondrous chart, Tansike!
Are you a big fan of P!nk in general? I'm not, but i loved the first Alice movie and its soundtrack so that's probably also why i'm liking "Just Like Fire" that much.
Yes, i've been playing it a lot again out of a sudden until last week, but now i started to get a bit over it, so i guess it won't go any higher and start to drop now. I'm shocked it wasn't even a little hit for Grimes. She's probably one of those amazing, creative artists who can do whatever they want, they still don't get charts hits.
"I Took A Pill In Ibiza" showed crazy longevity indeed - especially for a song that didn't reach the Top3! It entered the charts around the same time like "Faded" and i thought "Faded" is the track which will be clearly more successful, and now it's "Pill" which is way above "Faded" :o
I think "One Dance" has a good chance of being a #1 hit on the Hot 100. It's a great tune :)

Thanks a lot :D
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:42 am

thanks so much for all comments

week 17/2016 – 28 april 2016 Metal Babies, Queens, Kings and the ESC

Singles Top40
While Babymetal made their first impact on the album charts a week ago, they also get their first entry on the singles charts this week, alongside with new entries by metal queen Tarja and metal kings Disturbed. But only one of them got the clear top debut, and it’s Tarja who got it. The finnish singer will release her newest rock album called “The Shadow Self” in august this year, with a mini-album called “The Brightest Void” coming as the prequel in less than two months. The first single of “The Brightest Void” was released last wednesday and is called “No Bitter End”, which immediately becomes her eighth top hit out of eight entries total, and seven of them debuted at number one. With this entry she now ties her album notations again, as she already got eight entries on the album charts since 2010, including seven #1 albums – a record so far! The other two mentioned metal artists still get good new entries. Babymetal’s first single notation ever is called “Karate”, which is the current single of their current album “Metal Resistance” and debuts at #6. Disturbed’s first notation ever is their surprising hit “The Sound Of Silence”, which arrives at #18.

As every year around this time of the year, the Eurovision Song Contest is making an impact on the charts as well, as the official compilation got released last week, which brings several entries into the charts. The biggest debut comes from Greta Salome, who will represent Iceland with her song “Hear Them Calling”, which debuts at #4. It’s already her second entry, as she already represented Iceland together with singer Jonsi back in 2012 with their title “Never Forget”, which peaked at #3 on my charts. Croatian entry “Lighthouse” by Nina Kraljic debuts at #21, followed by the French entry “J’ai cherché” by Amir at #22, and both are already the highest ESC entries for these countries ever on my charts. Dami Im, who represents Australia this year, gets her first entry ever with “Sound Of Silence” at #25, while Samra from Azerbaijan debuts at #28 with “Miracle”. Titleholder Sweden makes the charts as well with Frans and “If I Were Sorry” (#33), Belarusian entry “Help You Fly” by Ivan debuts at #34 while the last new entry from the contest goes to Zoë from Austria and her song “Loin d’ici” at #38. The already charting Sergey Lazarev surges 22-10 with “You Are The Only One”, while german represent Jamie-Lee dips 23-27 with her title “Ghost”. Expect a few of these ESC entries to climb up the charts nex tweek.

Carrie Underwood’s “Church Bells” (1-2) and Lena’s “Beat To My Melody” (2-3) both dip one position, being still very strong. Vanessa Mai’s “Ich sterb für dich” drops 3-5, while P!nk’s „Just Like Fire“ is down 4-7. Inna’s “Bad Boys” (7-8) and Demi Lovato’s “Stone Cold” (5-9) fill out the Top10.

Zara Larsson and MNEK keep on climbing, up 16-11 this week with “Never Forget You”. Kerli takes a surprising dive as “Feral Hearts” drops 9-17 in its tenth week. Halsey’s drop is even bigger, and more surprising, as “Castle” already falls 8-19 in its second week. Drake reaches the Top20 with his hit single “One Dance”, which is also the first appearance for the featuring artists Wizkid and Kyla. Meanwhile, Fifth Harmony have to leave the upper half of the charts, as “Work From Home” decreases 18-23 in its ninth week, but gets certified with Gold, earning them their first certification ever. All those new entries obviously caused some drops, and some of those drops are actually quite big. Melanie Martinez’ “Pity Party” tumbles down 10-26, Nick Jonas’ “Close” falls 19-31, Carly Rae Jepsen’s “Boy Problems” dives 18-35 and Ariana Grande’s “Be Alright” is down 21-39. More surprising is a climb, as Beatrice Egli’s “Kick im Augenblick” manages to get a new peak (39-32) despite such a busy week.

Sergey Lazarev’s “You Are The Only One” is the biggest climber, while Carly Rae Jepsen’s “Boy Problems” and Ariana Grande’s “Be Alright” are the biggest losers this week.
    ImageImage

1 (NEW) Tarja – No Bitter End
Chart Run: *1*- / 1w

2 (1) Carrie Underwood – Church Bells
Chart Run: *1*-1-2- / 3w

3 (2) Lena – Beat To My Melody
Chart Run: *1*-1-2-2-3- / 5w

4 (NEW) Greta Salome – Hear Them Calling

5 (3) Vanessa Mai – Ich sterb für dich
Chart Run: *3*-5- / 2w

6 (NEW) Babymetal – Karate
Chart Run: *6*- / 1w

7 (4) P!nk – Just Like Fire
Chart Run: *4*-7- / 2w

8 (7) Inna – Bad Boys
Chart Run: *2*-2-5-5-7-8- / 6w

9 (5) Demi Lovato – Stone Cold *G*
Chart Run: 11-7-5-*3*-5-6-4-5-9- / 9w

10 (22) Sergey Lazarev – You Are The Only One
Chart Run: *1*-5-6-12-16-22-10- / 7w

11 (16) Zara Larsson & MNEK – Never Forget You *P*
Chart Run: 4-*1*-2-5-6-4-5-4-8-9-13-20-25-21-24-26-33-31-36-Out-RE 36-29-23-16-11- / 24w

12 (11) Taylor Swift – New Romantics
Chart Run: *8*-11-11-12- / 4w

13 (6) Grimes – Kill V. Maim *G*
Chart Run: 3-*2*-3-6-9-14-10-11-8-13-10-7-6-13- / 14w

14 (12) Mike Posner – I Took A Pill In Ibiza *G*
Chart Run: 13-*4*-4-6-6-7-9-11-13-13-12-14- / 12w

15 (13) Jennifer Lopez – Ain’t Your Mama
Chart Run: 14-*13*-15- / 3w

16 (12) Ariana Grande – Dangerous Woman
Chart Run: *2*-4-4-7-12-14-16- / 7w

17 (9) Kerli – Feral Hearts *G*
Chart Run: *1*-1-1-3-7-7-11-6-9-17- / 10w

18 (NEW) Disturbed – The Sound Of Silence
Chart Run: *18*- / 1w

19 (8) Halsey – Castle
Chart Run: *8*-19- / 2w

20 (25) Drake feat. Wizkid & Kyla – One Dance
Chart Run: 38-25-*20*- / 3w

21 (NEW) Nina Kraljic – Lighthouse
Chart Run: *21*- / 1w

22 (NEW) Amir – J’ai cherché
Chart Run: *22*- / 1w

23 (18) Fifth Harmony feat. Ty Dolla $ign – Work From Home *G*
Chart Run: 4-*3*-4-6-12-15-18-18-23- / 9w

24 (15) Mark Forster – Wir sind gross
Chart Run: 14-*10*-15-24- / 4w

25 (NEW) Dami Im – Sound Of Silence
Chart Run: *25*- / 1w

26 (10) Melanie Martinez – Pity Party
Chart Run: *2*-3-10-26- / 4w

27 (23) Jamie-Lee Kriewitz – Ghost *G*
Chart Run: *1*-1-1-3-8-16-26-32-Out-RE 2-4-9-17-24-33-34-23-27- / 17w

28 (NEW) Samra – Miracle
Chart Run: *28*- / 1w

29 (20) Tom Odell – Wrong Crowd
Chart Run: *20*-29- / 2w

30 (24) Birdy – Wild Horses
Chart Run: 38-23-*17*-22-24-30- / 6w

31 (19) Nick Jonas feat. Tove Lo – Close
Chart Run: 10-*4*-9-19-31- / 5w

32 (39) Beatrice Egli – Kick im Augenblick
Chart Run: 39-*32*- / 2w

33 (NEW) Frans – If I Were Sorry
Chart Run: *33*- / 1w

34 (NEW) Ivan – Help You Fly
Chart Run: *34*- / 1w

35 (17) Carly Rae Jepsen – Boy Problems
Chart Run: *8*-17-35- / 3w

36 (31) Coldplay – Hymn For The Weekend *G*
Chart Run: *6*-8-7-6-9-13-14-18-22-27-32-31-36- / 13w

37 (33) The BossHoss feat. The Common Linnets – Jolene
Chart Run: *3*-12-17-22-22-25-24-30-33-37- / 10w

38 (NEW) Zoë – Loin d’ici
Chart Run: *38*- / 1w

39 (21) Ariana Grande – Be Alright
Chart Run: *1*-3-9-17-21-39- / 6w

40 (37) Alan Walker – Faded *G*
Chart Run: *1*-1-2-3-5-8-11-14-21-28-37-40- / 12w

Out of Top40
Out (26) Sia – Cheap Thrills *G* (14w)
Out (27) Jasmine Thompson & Hugel – Where We Belong (3w)
Out (28) Seven Lions feat. Lights – Falling Away (3w)
Out (29) Tom Odell – Magnetised (1w)
Out (30) The Lumineers – Ophelia (4w)
Out (32) Meghan Trainor – No (7w)
Out (34) Jain – Come (4w)
Out (35) Gwen Stefani – Misery (5w)
Out (36) Icona Pop – Someone Who Can Dance (7w)
Out (38) will.i.am feat. Pia Mia – Boys & Girls (2w)
Out (40) Birdy – Keeping Your Head Up (9w)

Album Top20
The Eurovision Song Contest obviously makes its impact on the album charts as well, but it had no chance against Babymetal, who got another strong week with their second album “Metal Resistance” and remain on top of the charts for a second week. The compilation for the ESC has to settle down at number two for now, but all six previous compilations made it to number one during their chartruns so the chances for a new peak are quite big. Carrie Underwood closes the Top3, as “Storyteller” dips 2-3, tying the previous studio album “Blown Away” now as her longest charting album with 22 weeks.

There’s a second new album on the charts at #4, coming from Disturbed. The American rock/metal band released their album “Immortalized” already last year, but only get their first entry this week due to the success of the single “The Sound Of Silence”. Gwen Stefani’s “This Is What The Truth Feels Like” loses one spot (4-5), but gets certified with Gold this week. Rachel Platten makes an impressive jump back into the Top10 with her album “Wildfire”, up 16-6 after her re-entry a week ago. Lena stays at #7 with “Crystal Sky”, being on the charts for 36 weeks now. The set gets certified with 5x Gold this week. Vanessa Mai’s “Für Dich” drops 3-8, followed by Melanie Martinez’ “Cry Baby” (5-9) and Birdy, who closes the Top10 with “Beautiful Lies” (8-10).

After only two weeks, The Lumineers already leave the upper half as their album “Cleopatra” descends 6-11. Grimes’ “Art Angels” has to leave that territory as well, as it’s down 9-12, but the biggest drop goes to swiss singer Beatrice Egli and her newest album “Kick im Augenblick”, which tumbles down 10-17. Rachel Platten is not the only one who takes a big leap, as Selena Gomez is doing similar. “Revival” just re-entered the charts a week ago and is already climbing back up 19-13. The singer also just announced her very first concert in Switzerland, which will be held this autumn, so expect her to have some more legs with her album.
    ImageImage

1 (1) Babymetal – Metal Resistance
Chart Run: *1*-1- / 2w

2 (NEW) Eurovision Song Contest 2016
Chart Run: *2*- / 1w

3 (2) Carrie Underwood – Storyteller *P*
Chart Run: 2-*1*-2-7-9-20-17-14-16-18-16-20-Out-RE 16-13-11-5-2-3-2-1-2-3- / 22w

4 (NEW) Disturbed – Immortalized

5 (4) Gwen Stefani – This Is What The Truth Feels Like *G*
Chart Run: *1*-1-1-3-4-5- / 6w

6 (16) Rachel Platten – Wildfire *G*
Chart Run: *1*-1-1-3-7-10-11-18-Out-RE 16-6- / 10w

7 (7) Lena – Crystal Sky *5xG*
Chart Run: *1*-2-2-4-5-3-2-4-6-6-5-5-6-6-7-6-7-7-6-7-9-8-11-7-5-3-4-6-11-20-Out-RE 19-14-17-11-7-7- / 36w

8 (3) Vanessa Mai – Für Dich
Chart Run: *3*-8- / 2w

9 (5) Melanie Martinez – Cry Baby
Chart Run: 5-3-*2*-5-9- / 5w

10 (8) Birdy – Beautiful Lies
Chart Run: *2*-5-6-8-10- / 5w

11 (6) The Lumineers – Cleopatra
Chart Run: *4*-6-11- / 3w

12 (9) Grimes – Art Angels *P*
Chart Run: 5-4-4-2-4-4-*1*-3-5-6-9-12-15-16-11-15-10-7-9-12- / 20w

13 (19) Selena Gomez – Revival *P*
Chart Run: *1*-1-3-6-7-8-11-9-18-11-14-8-4-5-5-6-8-11-14-20-Out-RE 19-13- / 22w

14 (12) Anna Känzig – Sound And Fury
Chart Run: 6-*4*-5-10-19-15-12-14- / 8w

15 (13) All Saints – Red Flag
Chart Run: *8*-13-15- / 3w

16 (11) Seven Lions – Creation EP
Chart Run: 7-*5*-11-16- / 4w

17 (10) Beatrice Egli – Kick im Augenblick
Chart Run: *10*-17- / 2w

18 (14) Inna – Inna *G*
Chart Run: *2*-5-5-3-8-13-18-13-Out-RE 7-4-6-9-14-18- / 14w

19 (15) Jain – Zanaka
Chart Run: *9*-9-12-15-19- / 5w

20 (17) Taylor Swift – 1989 *3xG*
Chart Run: *1*-2-6-10-14-16-17-17-Out-RE 12-11-9-7-5-2-3-5-7-9-10-10-8-9-12-17-14-20-Out-RE 8-9-12-15-17-20-Out-RE 18-17-20-Out-RE 11-16-19-17-20-18-13-14-17-20- / 45w

Out of Top20
Out (18) Marit Larsen – Joni Was Right EP (3w)
Out (20) Aurora – All My Demons Greeting Me As A Friend (6w)

(sorry for eventual mistakes!)
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:42 am

New certifications

5x GOLD
Lena – Crystal Sky [album]

GOLD
Fifth Harmony feat. Ty Dollar $ign – Work From Home [single]

Gwen Stefani – This Is What The Truth Feels Like [album]

(these certifications were already added to the charts above)

Click here for the Certification Database
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:43 am

Discography of EUROVISION SONG CONTEST | Eurovision Song Contest 2015 era
28 april 2016

SINGLES

I’m Alive by Elhaida Dani
[Albania]

Peak #39 (x1)
Weeks 1
Entry week 21/2015
Chart Run *39*-Out
Year-End Charts 2015 #308
Certification -
Tonight Again by Guy Sebastian
[Australia]

Peak #7 (x1)
Weeks 10
Entry week 18/2015
Chart Run 17-8-10-*7*-10-12-23-31-32-36-Out
Year-End Charts 2015 #61
Certification -
Rhythm Inside by Loïc Nottet
[Belgium]

Peak #6 (x1)
Weeks 9
Entry week 18/2015
Chart Run 40-35-30-13-*6*-9-16-25-40-Out
Year-End Charts 2015 #103
Certification -
Time by Uzari & Maimuna
[Belarus]

Peak #19 (x1)
Weeks 4
Entry week 21/2015
Chart Run 22-*19*-26-38-Out
Year-End Charts 2015 #193
Certification -
Time To Shine by Melanié René
[Switzerland]

Peak #19 (x1)
Weeks 5
Entry week 18/2015
Chart Run 29-22-*19*-24-40-Out
Year-End Charts 2015 #177
Certification -
Black Smoke by Ann Sophie
[Germany]

Peak #32 (x1)
Weeks 2
Entry week 11/2015
Chart Run *32*-Out-RE 38-Out
Year-End Charts 2015 #278
Certification -
Goodbye To Yesterday by Elina Born & Stig Rästa
[Estonia]

Peak #7 (x1)
Weeks 11
Entry week 17/2015
Chart Run 13-20-27-32-11-*7*-14-22-30-36-39-Out
Year-End Charts 2015 #71
Certification -
Warrior by Nina Sublatti
[Georgia]

Peak #31 (x1)
Weeks 2
Entry week 21/2015
Chart Run 33-*31*-Out
Year-End Charts 2015 #262
Certification -
Playing With Numbers by Molly Sterling
[Ireland]

Peak #27 (x1)
Weeks 1
Entry week 22/2015
Chart Run *27*-Out
Year-End Charts 2015 #272
Certification -
Golden Boy by Nadav Guedj
[Israel]

Peak #7 (x1)
Weeks 6
Entry week 22/2015
Chart Run 8-*7*-10-19-31-37-Out
Year-End Charts 2015 #123
Certification -
Love Injected by Aminata
[Latvia]

Peak #11 (x1)
Weeks 4
Entry week 22/2015
Chart Run *11*-18-25-35-Out
Year-End Charts 2015 #170
Certification -
Autumn Leaves by Daniel Kajmakoski
[F.Y.R. Macedonia]

Peak #36 (x1)
Weeks 2
Entry week 21/2015
Chart Run *36*-39-Out
Year-End Charts 2015 #287
Certification -
A Monster Like Me by Mørland & Debrah Scarlett
[Norway]

Peak #20 (x1)
Weeks 2
Entry week 22/2015
Chart Run *20*-30-Out
Year-End Charts 2015 #237
Certification -
Beauty Never Lies by Bojana Stamenov
[Serbia]

Peak #35 (x1)
Weeks 1
Entry week 22/2015
Chart Run *35*-Out
Year-End Charts 2015 #290
Certification -
A Million Voices by Polina Gagarina
[Russia]

Peak #5 (x1)
Weeks 5
Entry week 21/2015
Chart Run 18-*5*-10-19-28-Out
Year-End Charts 2015 #131
Certification -
Heroes by Måns Zelmerlöw
[Sweden]

Peak #1 (x2)
Weeks 20
Entry week 13/2015
Chart Run 4-7-14-20-8-11-12-15-12-*1*-1-3-9-16-20-22-29-38-37-40-Out
Year-End Charts 2015 #10
Certification PLATINUM
Here For You by Maraaya
[Slovenia]

Peak #5 (x1)
Weeks 10
Entry week 18/2015
Chart Run 36-40-31-28-9-6-*5*-12-29-40-Out
Year-End Charts 2015 #88
Certification -

ALBUMS

Eurovision Song Contest 2015
[official compilation]

Peak #1 (x1)
Weeks 13
Entry week 17/2015
Chart Run 2-2-3-3-3-*1*-4-7-11-12-14-16-20-Out
Year-End Charts 2015 #16
Certification GOLD
Tansike
Legend

Postby Jack » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:40 pm

P!nk, Taylor, Mike, Fifth Harmony feat. Ty Dolla $ign and Nick Jonas feat. Tove Lo are my favourites. "New Romantics" will debut on my chart this week.
Jack
Manager

Postby JakeP » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:18 pm

Hey Tansike :D

Amazing to see this is your highest placed Eurovision entry this week. I adore Hear them calling and the staging with the big screen is incredible. I feel like this entry has been overshadowed by other songs i like but don't think are as good as Iceland. I really hope this qualifies from semi final 1 because many of my faves are in that semi whilst i'm not overly fussed over semi final 2. :(

10 (22) Sergey Lazarev – You Are The Only One
Chart Run: *1*-5-6-12-16-22-10- / 7w

Russia remains my tip to win Eurovision even though there seems to be a lot of love for France which i'm finding very shocking and a bit confused over. :lol: I like France's entry but would never have regarded it as a potential winner. :-?

18 (NEW) Disturbed – The Sound Of Silence
Chart Run: *18*- / 1w

So happy to see The sound of silence make its debut this week. It's been such a surprising success for me but i love it when something comes along that i least expect and find myself loving so much. This is one of those surprise hits of 2016 for me.

Chart Run: 38-25-*20*- / 3w

Really thought this was gonna be much higher but i guess it puts into perspective just how much you love the top 19 if Drake is only #20 even though you like this song a lot. :D

21 (NEW) Nina Kraljic – Lighthouse
Chart Run: *21*- / 1w

Hmm, i'm still not convinced by Croatia's entry. :( It's nice if a little twee and its not close to being one of my overall faves this year. It's far from the worst though, there are some horrors this year that i'm actually sure won't qualify. :lol:

22 (NEW) Amir – J’ai cherché
Chart Run: *22*- / 1w

Ahh so here is the song that could rival Sergey to win Eurovision? I will be surprised and a little disappointed if this wins. It's nice enough but not an amazing song.

25 (NEW) Dami Im – Sound Of Silence
Chart Run: *25*- / 1w

Now this is such an amazing song. I don't care that Australia technically aren't a european country but I would be so so happy to see Dami Im win Eurovision. This is my absolute favourite Eurovision song right now. That might change as we get closer to the contest, but surely being in semi final 2 this is going to qualify with flying colours.

27 (23) Jamie-Lee Kriewitz – Ghost *G*
Chart Run: *1*-1-1-3-8-16-26-32-Out-RE 2-4-9-17-24-33-34-23-27- / 17w

I know how much you love Ghosts but its a little surprising that in the week you bought the Eurovision album, this song has managed to drop down your chart. Like France and Croatia, i don't really consider this a strong enough song to win Eurovision.

28 (NEW) Samra – Miracle
Chart Run: *28*- / 1w

Azerbaijan over the years have entered some amazing pop songs into the contest and i absolutely love Miracle and would love to see this do well. Do i want it to win? Well, if Azerbaijan were more tolerant of gay people then i would say yes. It does horrify me though when i read about how gay people are treated in eastern europe.

33 (NEW) Frans – If I Were Sorry
Chart Run: *33*- / 1w

I don't like Sweden's entry this year. When i first heard this i was so disappointed because they usually send an incredible pop song. It's too similar to Catch & release which is one of my favourite songs of the year so far, and this just sounds like a very weak version of the Matt Simons song. Think its safe to say Sweden's entry won't be making my top 20 even if it went on to win Eurovision. Forget France, i would be even more disappointed if this wins.

34 (NEW) Ivan – Help You Fly
Chart Run: *34*- / 1w

LOL :lol: This is the singer who wanted to perform on stage naked with tigers isn't it? :P I didn't really like this song when i first heard it but it is a grower and i like it more now. Again, i doubt this is destined to be a hit in my chart.

38 (NEW) Zoë – Loin d’ici
Chart Run: *38*- / 1w

I find this entry really curious. An Austrian entry performed in french? :lol: It's a lovely song though and one of the better songs this year. Sadly i don't think Austrai are gonna qualify with this song. :(
JakeP
Superstar

Postby Mainshow » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:30 pm

Even though I had been very busy for the last couple of weeks and hadn't written anything in the Personal Chart section, I have never stopped following some personal charts and yours is one of them.

I was really glad to see Lena's current single "Beat To My Melody" spending two weeks on the top of your chart! It's a perfect single choice! What a waste that Germany doesn't think the same. Lena deserves so much more! Sometimes I really wish that your chart are the real German ones!

Seeing Tarja being ranked #1 this week even though you said that "No Bitter End" ain't as flawless as her other lead singles is not a surprise. I had the feeling that the song would improve on you (since it's Tarja and her vocals are always on point). I will give it another try.

Furthermore, it's great to see that you're stanning for this year's Eurovision edition as well! I can't wait to see your points for the UKMIXvision Song Contest! Don't forget to vote until 1st May please!

"Hear Them Calling" has to be the best Icelandic entry for a while now. We have talked about it before and I also hope that Greta reaches the final. She deserves it, especially after her serious car accident.

"You Are the Only One" has the best chart-run so far and rightly so! What a Eurovision-esque killer anthem! Although it sounds like an entry from 2008/2009, it's ace and fierce and it's freaking catchy. I can see it winning.

Croatia is great! It's like a light Emmelie De Forest-esque Eurovision entry. The arrangement is great. Croatia is usually overlooked as a country. Hopefully, this entry will bring them back!

I like "J'ai cherché" but I don't get the hype at all. It's a cool and fresh track with a summerish vibe. It also as a sing along part but it's so average to generic if you ask me.. still Top 10 material but so uneventful.

I love to see Australia back. "Sound of Silence" is well-produced and catchy. Amazing verses and I love the bridge but sadly, the chorus is too repititive in terms of words.

"Ghost" is doing soooooooooooooooooo great! Please, please, please vote for Germany on 14th May! I've read several times that Germany will end up being bottom 5 or even last again and the Norwegian and Swedish songchecks on national TV channels placed "Ghost" last as well :(
I'm getting nervious....

I started to like the Swedish entry. I hate it that Sweden is sending a half baked idea again and I'm sure that they will end up being high again. It's not right. It's not deserved... however, "If I Were Sorry" is catchy and even a bit charming on CD.

BELARUS?!?! WTF. :D

Nice to see Austria as well. I think it's highly overrated among fans (like winning fan votings etc...) but it's still catchy (even though it's VERY old-fashioned and somehow camp xD)

I also like to see Birdy, Coldplay, the BossHoss, Alan Walker, Nick Jonas, Tom Odell, Demi & Mike Posner on your list!

Btw, I listened to your provided link of the new Tarja single and the song's not that bad but after that video, a band called NEMESEA came up with their single "Forever" and I have to say IT'S EFFING AMAZING!!!!!! Do you know it?!?!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGI0Pja2Sro
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Airwrecka » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:32 pm

Wow, there's so much here to comment on, I'll have to come back and have a long read soon. It seems we have a lot of Eurovision faves in common though.

I still feel bad for Ann Sophie. She really didn't deserve it. :( Hopefully there'll be no nil points this year. I always feel sad.

Much love for this year's Russian, Croatian, Swedish, Australian and Azerbaijani entries. I also like the Austrian one, although I think it's perhaps a bit too saccharine.

I need to check out the Tarja track. I hope I like it.

Not feeling P!nk's new one at all.
❄ The brightest flame casts the darkest shadow ❄
Airwrecka
Ace Reject

Postby KokoCollino » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:01 pm

I finally listened to the Dayne S remix of "Beat To My Melody" :) It's nice, but I just can't help that the single is done for me, but I still like it, just as I like the whole album :)

I like Russia's ESC entry! Can't wait to see it on TV. It will be interesting to see if the quality stays the same. I think I will start listening the ESC tracks in some days.

Wooow, I'm SO SO SO surprised to see "The Sound Of Silence" on your chart, but positively, of course :D What happened? Interesting to see their album chart as well - for me, it's "too hard", but I guess you liked it as a whole? :)

I listened to Halsey's "Castle" and feel like it sounds so much like a Melanie Martinez song :o
Looks like I found my way home
KokoCollino
Superstar

Postby MrRager » Sun May 01, 2016 9:14 am

7 (4) P!nk – Just Like Fire
9 (5) Demi Lovato – Stone Cold
12 (11) Taylor Swift – New Romantics
13 (6) Grimes – Kill V. Maim
14 (12) Mike Posner – I Took A Pill In Ibiza
16 (12) Ariana Grande – Dangerous Woman
17 (9) Kerli – Feral Hearts
23 (18) Fifth Harmony feat. Ty Dolla $ign – Work From Home
30 (24) Birdy – Wild Horses
36 (31) Coldplay – Hymn For The Weekend
40 (37) Alan Walker – Faded

Lots I don't know this week but i'll try and check some of them out! :D
Kill V Maim is my favourite song, followed by FADED. Both brilliant.
I have no doubt that Kerli will be no.1 next week :wink:
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby Tansike » Mon May 02, 2016 7:22 pm

Jack wrote:P!nk, Taylor, Mike, Fifth Harmony feat. Ty Dolla $ign and Nick Jonas feat. Tove Lo are my favourites. "New Romantics" will debut on my chart this week.
Glad you like all these, and good to hear that about "New Romantics". Another great pick from Taylor :)

JakeP wrote:Hey Tansike :D

Amazing to see this is your highest placed Eurovision entry this week. I adore Hear them calling and the staging with the big screen is incredible. I feel like this entry has been overshadowed by other songs i like but don't think are as good as Iceland. I really hope this qualifies from semi final 1 because many of my faves are in that semi whilst i'm not overly fussed over semi final 2. :(
Hey Jake! :)

Glad to hear you love "Hear Them Calling" as well. Let's hope she can go through the final as it seems not really sure. But her staging is truly incredible, i'm loving the whole performance + her voice is strong too. I feel the same way with the semi finals btw.

JakeP wrote:10 (22) Sergey Lazarev – You Are The Only One
Russia remains my tip to win Eurovision even though there seems to be a lot of love for France which i'm finding very shocking and a bit confused over. :lol: I like France's entry but would never have regarded it as a potential winner. :-?
Russia's my tip as well but as you said, France and even some other countries get more and more popular lately. I think it depends on the performance of Sergey - i think he said the staging won't be like on the video, that's a minus for me.

JakeP wrote:18 (NEW) Disturbed – The Sound Of Silence
So happy to see The sound of silence make its debut this week. It's been such a surprising success for me but i love it when something comes along that i least expect and find myself loving so much. This is one of those surprise hits of 2016 for me.
Agree! It's such a huge surprise! Thanks a lot for making me re-discovering this :D

JakeP wrote:20 (25) Drake feat. Wizkid & Kyla – One Dance
Really thought this was gonna be much higher but i guess it puts into perspective just how much you love the top 19 if Drake is only #20 even though you like this song a lot. :D
Don't worry, it will continue to climb this week now that the album is out as well. But there's a lot going on when it comes to singles lately, so the competition is still very strong at the moment.

JakeP wrote:21 (NEW) Nina Kraljic – Lighthouse
Hmm, i'm still not convinced by Croatia's entry. :( It's nice if a little twee and its not close to being one of my overall faves this year. It's far from the worst though, there are some horrors this year that i'm actually sure won't qualify. :lol:
You're not? :o This was love on first listen. I think she would be a good winner as well and i'm already excited how she'll sound live :)
Which are the horror ones? I think there are no weak songs this year - even the worst song is solid for me :o

JakeP wrote:22 (NEW) Amir – J’ai cherché
Ahh so here is the song that could rival Sergey to win Eurovision? I will be surprised and a little disappointed if this wins. It's nice enough but not an amazing song.
Surprised you don't like it, but i think it will grow on you. His vocals are pretty good and i like the mix of english/french lyrics, and the best thing about the song is it's VERY catchy :)

JakeP wrote:25 (NEW) Dami Im – Sound Of Silence
Now this is such an amazing song. I don't care that Australia technically aren't a european country but I would be so so happy to see Dami Im win Eurovision. This is my absolute favourite Eurovision song right now. That might change as we get closer to the contest, but surely being in semi final 2 this is going to qualify with flying colours.
Definitely one of the better ballads this year, but personally there are even better ones. I really like Dami though and really hope she'll make the final, but i still prefer Guy's entry from last year.

JakeP wrote:27 (23) Jamie-Lee Kriewitz – Ghost *G*
I know how much you love Ghosts but its a little surprising that in the week you bought the Eurovision album, this song has managed to drop down your chart. Like France and Croatia, i don't really consider this a strong enough song to win Eurovision.
Haha yeah i thought about that as well. She released her debut album last week now as well and even with that it looks like "Ghost" will fall even more. The reason is pretty easy: It already did VERY well on my charts. It's already near Platinum status, which is quite huge on my charts these days (around ten songs get there every year, maybe one or two more), so i've heard it enough by now and it can't grow on me more (except if she makes a great performance, so it could rise again during the ESC final).

JakeP wrote:28 (NEW) Samra – Miracle
Azerbaijan over the years have entered some amazing pop songs into the contest and i absolutely love Miracle and would love to see this do well. Do i want it to win? Well, if Azerbaijan were more tolerant of gay people then i would say yes. It does horrify me though when i read about how gay people are treated in eastern europe.
Yes, Azerbaijan is definitely one of the best countries lately, which is even more surprising to see Ell & Nikki as their winners as i think that is one of their weakest entries so far... :oops: Wouldn't mind this to be successful there, and as difficult as it may be, i think politics & stuff shouldn't matter at all (otherwise Russia shouldn't win as well)

JakeP wrote:33 (NEW) Frans – If I Were Sorry
I don't like Sweden's entry this year. When i first heard this i was so disappointed because they usually send an incredible pop song. It's too similar to Catch & release which is one of my favourite songs of the year so far, and this just sounds like a very weak version of the Matt Simons song. Think its safe to say Sweden's entry won't be making my top 20 even if it went on to win Eurovision. Forget France, i would be even more disappointed if this wins.
Had this in my ears all the time even without hearing it until i bought the compilation. That alone made it enter my charts... but since i've got my compilation, i don't listen to this anymore... or only very rarely... so don't expect too much when it comes to its charts performance here. After all it's quite disappointing for an amazing country like Sweden. If they would win, it will be the biggest shock since Kristina's "Horehronie" missed the ESC final back in 2010 :oops:

JakeP wrote:34 (NEW) Ivan – Help You Fly
LOL :lol: This is the singer who wanted to perform on stage naked with tigers isn't it? :P I didn't really like this song when i first heard it but it is a grower and i like it more now. Again, i doubt this is destined to be a hit in my chart.
Yes, he is it! :lol: I think this is amazing to be honest..... :o :oops:

JakeP wrote:38 (NEW) Zoë – Loin d’ici
I find this entry really curious. An Austrian entry performed in french? :lol: It's a lovely song though and one of the better songs this year. Sadly i don't think Austrai are gonna qualify with this song. :(
I hope they will qualify! Austria is really hit or miss lately, and "Loin d'ici" is easily their second best entry since i'm watching the ESC (so since '06) :)
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Mon May 02, 2016 7:23 pm

Mainshow wrote:Even though I had been very busy for the last couple of weeks and hadn't written anything in the Personal Chart section, I have never stopped following some personal charts and yours is one of them.

I was really glad to see Lena's current single "Beat To My Melody" spending two weeks on the top of your chart! It's a perfect single choice! What a waste that Germany doesn't think the same. Lena deserves so much more! Sometimes I really wish that your chart are the real German ones!

Seeing Tarja being ranked #1 this week even though you said that "No Bitter End" ain't as flawless as her other lead singles is not a surprise. I had the feeling that the song would improve on you (since it's Tarja and her vocals are always on point). I will give it another try.
Mainshow! Glad to have you here, missed you <3 Really happy to hear you still followed by charts! :D

I'm really shocked "Beat To My Melody" isn't a hit in Germany, it's the perfect pop song! Maybe Lena waited too long? It currently looks like it will be the first single of hers to miss an entry on the charts which is so undeserved :(

It really improved on me now i think it's pretty good, still nowhere near as strong as her other singles (except "Never Enough"). I even like the video a lot. Still hoping the lead for "The Shadow Self" will be much better.

Mainshow wrote:Furthermore, it's great to see that you're stanning for this year's Eurovision edition as well! I can't wait to see your points for the UKMIXvision Song Contest! Don't forget to vote until 1st May please!

"Hear Them Calling" has to be the best Icelandic entry for a while now. We have talked about it before and I also hope that Greta reaches the final. She deserves it, especially after her serious car accident.

"You Are the Only One" has the best chart-run so far and rightly so! What a Eurovision-esque killer anthem! Although it sounds like an entry from 2008/2009, it's ace and fierce and it's freaking catchy. I can see it winning.

Croatia is great! It's like a light Emmelie De Forest-esque Eurovision entry. The arrangement is great. Croatia is usually overlooked as a country. Hopefully, this entry will bring them back!

I like "J'ai cherché" but I don't get the hype at all. It's a cool and fresh track with a summerish vibe. It also as a sing along part but it's so average to generic if you ask me.. still Top 10 material but so uneventful.

I love to see Australia back. "Sound of Silence" is well-produced and catchy. Amazing verses and I love the bridge but sadly, the chorus is too repititive in terms of words.

"Ghost" is doing soooooooooooooooooo great! Please, please, please vote for Germany on 14th May! I've read several times that Germany will end up being bottom 5 or even last again and the Norwegian and Swedish songchecks on national TV channels placed "Ghost" last as well :(
I'm getting nervious....

I started to like the Swedish entry. I hate it that Sweden is sending a half baked idea again and I'm sure that they will end up being high again. It's not right. It's not deserved... however, "If I Were Sorry" is catchy and even a bit charming on CD.

BELARUS?!?! WTF. :D

Nice to see Austria as well. I think it's highly overrated among fans (like winning fan votings etc...) but it's still catchy (even though it's VERY old-fashioned and somehow camp xD)

I also like to see Birdy, Coldplay, the BossHoss, Alan Walker, Nick Jonas, Tom Odell, Demi & Mike Posner on your list!

Btw, I listened to your provided link of the new Tarja single and the song's not that bad but after that video, a band called NEMESEA came up with their single "Forever" and I have to say IT'S EFFING AMAZING!!!!!! Do you know it?!?!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGI0Pja2Sro
Voted 8-)

Glad to hear you like "Hear Them Calling" as well. I wasn't sure if you would like it as well as it's probably too similar to Loreen when it comes to the staging.
Had no idea about the car accident. Just googled & read it - glad she's okay!
When it comes to the best chartrun... it's "Ghost" which was the best chartrun to be exact, but it already had TVOG to back it up so it's difficult to compare. I'm really rooting for Sergey, he's handsome! :oops:

I also hope Croatia can have a great success with it. Probably similar to Slovenia last year when it comes to hype of an underrated country, but i hope Nina can do even better on the contest :)
I think all the things you've mentioned are the reason why it's such a fave when it comes to Amir. It's just how a song on the radio these days sounds like, so the public should love it. I don't see him as a winner though tbh.

Australia is great, but something is missing for me somehow. Need to check out more from Dami though, she seems very sympathetic!
WHAT? :o I had absolutely no idea Germany does that bad in some votings. No idea how this could do though, it could do very well (Top10) or bomb and be last again. Hoping for the first though, and depending on the other performances on the night you'll get my votes for sure :wink:

Hmm unfortunately i've started to get over Frans' song. Their weakest entry since i'm following the ESC IMO. This time a success is definitely not deserved as other deserves it more.
Hope Belarus grows on you and hope he passes :)

Surprised you think Austria is overrated. Wouldn't mind seeing Zoe winning the whole thing to be honest :o
Glad to hear you like several other entries as well! Thanks a lot for taking the time to leave a comment over here...

...i already saw its first few seconds when i didn't close the window of the video while watching it, but without music as it didn't start yet.
Just checked it out now though and i'm not the biggest fan after one spin, it's too cheesy :oops: :oops: :oops:
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Mon May 02, 2016 7:24 pm

Airwrecka wrote:Wow, there's so much here to comment on, I'll have to come back and have a long read soon. It seems we have a lot of Eurovision faves in common though.

I still feel bad for Ann Sophie. She really didn't deserve it. :( Hopefully there'll be no nil points this year. I always feel sad.

Much love for this year's Russian, Croatian, Swedish, Australian and Azerbaijani entries. I also like the Austrian one, although I think it's perhaps a bit too saccharine.

I need to check out the Tarja track. I hope I like it.

Not feeling P!nk's new one at all.
Glad to hear we have some faves in common when it comes to the ESC :D

Agree, she didn't deserve it as there were worse. But the track was just not good enough to be a big success. Her vocals were on point though, and better getting zero points with a good performance than getting only a few points with an awful performance.

Really hope you will like Tarja's new single. It's quite weak though :oops:

Oh really :o Hope it grows on you :)

KokoCollino wrote:I finally listened to the Dayne S remix of "Beat To My Melody" :) It's nice, but I just can't help that the single is done for me, but I still like it, just as I like the whole album :)

I like Russia's ESC entry! Can't wait to see it on TV. It will be interesting to see if the quality stays the same. I think I will start listening the ESC tracks in some days.

Wooow, I'm SO SO SO surprised to see "The Sound Of Silence" on your chart, but positively, of course :D What happened? Interesting to see their album chart as well - for me, it's "too hard", but I guess you liked it as a whole? :)

I listened to Halsey's "Castle" and feel like it sounds so much like a Melanie Martinez song :o
Thanks for checking it out, and glad you think it's nice. Didn't like it at first to be honest, but as i said it's the one that keeps the song alive right now as i've started to adore it :oops:

Yay, stan for Sergey 8-) I hope his performace will do justice for the song.

While you were the one who made me checking it out weeks ago, it started to smash on JakeP's chart lately so i checked it out again and out of a sudden, i liked it much more! So i downloaded the whole album and now it will probably show some success on here :) Yes, i like the album. It's not that strong though, there are only three songs that stand out ("The Sound Of Silence", "You're Mine" and the title track). The other songs are solid, but nothing special, i prefer that music style with a female lead singer (like Nightwish, Within Temptation, Evanescence...)

Which version did you listen to? There's a new version (the official video has that new version in it) with a more orchestral sound. Both are good :)

MrRager wrote:...
Lots I don't know this week but i'll try and check some of them out! :D
Kill V Maim is my favourite song, followed by FADED. Both brilliant.
I have no doubt that Kerli will be no.1 next week :wink:
Most of them are probably from this years Eurovision Song Contest - would love to hear your opinion on a few on them :D
Glad you love these two so much, definitely two of the best songs this year!
Haha... i wouldn't place my bet too early, as there's another surprising new song that i'm in love with... :wink:
Tansike
Legend

Postby bluecherry » Wed May 04, 2016 9:05 am

Carrie is doing excellently on the albums side!
♡ i bloom just for you ♡

bluecherry
Manager

Postby Magnus » Wed May 04, 2016 10:19 pm

Tansike wrote:Oh which tracks did you check out? The album is a huge surprise for me. I also listened to some metal every now and then, but only by bands with a female lead singer. Babymetal is something totally different though, as the three singers are singing in j-pop style so it's still not 'too hard'. So yeah, to answer your question, they're singing in japanese, with a few words being in english every now and then.
I think it was the first three. Then I listened again to a bit of "Karate" now that it charted on your singles chart, but now I mostly just found it irritating...

I checked out the Tarja song and it was quite good, and of course very unsurprising it is #1 on your chart :wink:.

I like most of the ESC songs charting this week, especially Austria and Croatia, but also Russia, Australia, Azerbaijan and Belarus. I'm not too crazy about the songs from Iceland, France or Sweden though. I'm also a little surprised the Swiss entry isn't charting, considering you wrote positively about it in one of the ESC threads. Another one that has been growing on me is Italy (Francesca Michielin - No Degree of Separation). What do you think of that?

I also checked out "The Sound of Silence", at first not realizing it was a cover. It's rather interesting for a cover and also sounds very different from the other songs I've heard (and not liked) by Disturbed. I also never listened much to the original (although of course I'm familiar with it) which is a plus when it comes to the chance of a cover becoming a "hit" with me. Interesting that there are two songs on your chart with the same title except for a "the"; that (unlike with the exact same title) has never happened on my chart as far as I'm aware.

Interesting to see the Eurovision compilation at #2 on the albums chart, could it climb to #1 next week maybe? Great for Carrie to get another week in the top 3!
Magnus
Manager

Return to Personal Charts