Mariah Carey

Moderators: tdc2000, Wayne, Benjamin, stevyy

Postby TwistedFantasy » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:36 pm

^ At least someone does...
Dandelion's favorite GOAT
TwistedFantasy
Manager

Postby SummerPeur » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:40 pm

YDKWTD is the best song released in the 2010's so far.
Galavent - 'Queen of all Queens - Kylie'
OFF WITH HIS SHIRT!
SummerPeur
Superstar

Postby SawyerHewitt » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:41 pm

gunman6 wrote:Image

Her smile was everything :cry:
This was right after the O2 show in London, just outside the Corinthia Hotel.
I was there w/Murt & UK_Lamb hahaha
She really looked FLAWLESS.

BTW, eeeeeew to Camouflage #dontknowher
Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.
SawyerHewitt
Manager

Postby eternally12 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:46 pm

Good job! Do you have a melodyne program to compare? I always thought melodyne was a bit more subtle.

Lord, autotune ruins the natural beauty in her voice so much.

But I'm glad she autotuned Jussie's voice in Infamous.

It suited her voice in Obsessed (as that was the style of the song). I remember when it was released though so many people were ragging on her for using autotune :lol:
F**k off and lose my number. You are an idiot. Mariah is on fire.
eternally12
Superstar

Postby carloandrew » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:48 pm

If I were Mariah

I'd have a day to be truly free

I'd wake up and cook breakfast for my kids
Go out and get some coffee at any random coffee shop with just jeans and plain white sleeveless

Id take a stroll in NY looking just like another chick everyone likes

I'll have some pizza ordered for my kids at lunch

In the evening I'll take uber and go to the nearest mcdonalds and order some fries and sundaes

I think its important for celebrities to experience being a regular person once in a while
Oprah Winfrey whole segment, for real.
20/20 Barbara Walters, for real
60 Minutes, for real.
carloandrew
Manager

Postby eternally12 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:53 pm

ajam wrote:#Beautiful, YDKWTD and especially DEDICATED are the golden trifecta from MIAM and some of her best work ever, period. (Make it look good and Camouflage - honorable mentions).
I agree, but don't do Faded dirty like that. At first I preferred YDKWTD to Faded, but now Faded, Dedicated and #Beautiful are her best trinity on an album since Butterfly.
eternally12
Superstar

Postby SawyerHewitt » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:56 pm

eternally12 wrote:
ajam wrote:#Beautiful, YDKWTD and especially DEDICATED are the golden trifecta from MIAM and some of her best work ever, period. (Make it look good and Camouflage - honorable mentions).
Faded, Dedicated and #Beautiful are her best trinity on an album since Butterfly.
YAAAAAAS!!!
100% AGREED.
Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.
SawyerHewitt
Manager

Postby gunman6 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:03 pm

Instinct wrote:

Isnt this a few months old? Why 'was'?

Because every day she is like a different person :(
Stella Bulochnikov and her daughter, the Evil Witches
gunman6
Personal Assistant

Postby 05musicbox » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:13 pm

allygdale wrote:
eternally12 wrote:
allygdale wrote:Wow it is crazy how much her nodules improved between "Butterfly" and "Through The Rain" raw acapellas! :o

https://app.box.com/s/qkp186sm3jw6n2ci7xjn0xl75klrjzlz
Come thru with the gold, ally! :o

Her belts on this song sound the best on CB, I just hate some of the whispers and cut and paste :evil: I love hearing her pull the mic away/move her head away from the mic on some belts
Reup! :D
Oh my god! Oh my god! Oh my god!
AsaPUKE ing bola
king lalam ning TETE
05musicbox
Roadie

Postby AlmondBreeze » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:26 pm

I now realise I actually prefer Glitter to Charmy. Yes, I dislike Always-Whisper-riah that much. It's like straining to listen to someone whispering at you all the time - you just want to shake them and shriek "speak up goddammit!"
AlmondBreeze
Personal Assistant

Postby MIMIxAyu » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:51 pm

We all know goodbyes will always lead to new hellos
MIMIxAyu
Personal Assistant

Postby intosoul » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:00 pm

intosoul
Superstar

Postby dhenapie » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:12 pm

AlmondBreeze wrote:I now realise I actually prefer Glitter to Charmy. Yes, I dislike Always-Whisper-riah that much. It's like straining to listen to someone whispering at you all the time - you just want to shake them and shriek "speak up goddammit!"
+1

However, I do believe if the whole CB was sung in full voice, it could've easily been among her best records. I mean, it's a lyrical masterpiece. I don't know what she was thinking as she was in great shape, vocally, around that time. But CB was a poor representation of what she's capable of.
Keep calm, and take #Control
dhenapie
Personal Assistant

Postby eternally12 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:18 pm

dhenapie wrote:I do believe if the whole CB was sung in full voice, it could've easily been among her best records. I mean, it's a lyrical masterpiece. I don't know what she was thinking as she was in great shape, vocally, around that time.
Agreed. Glitter is better in that regard, but if CB was full voice then it would be one of her greatest records.

Another reason might be that whispery vocals in RnB music was very popular at the time. However she overdid it with CB imo
eternally12
Superstar

Postby eternally12 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:26 pm

Would love for her to do more intimate sets like this despite the lipping. Her lipping facials were quite good in the CB era and realistic.

Lmao I can't at Melonie's face at 2:58 when she forgets what she's meant to be lipping to. And her side eyeing Mariah during the whole thing :lol: Trey is also really bad at lipping.
Last edited by eternally12 on Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eternally12
Superstar

Postby Dandelion » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:32 pm

darnellabc wrote:The only reason I would want another season of Mariah's World is if it focused on her creating a new album or something music related and not so much about everything else.
I'll watch ANY documentary Mariah produces under any umbrella, be it music or TV and film. Maybe she'll finally write her autobiography soon? I'd love to see anything like that. I'll even watch her go to court if that's what it is!
Dandelion
Manager

Postby dancamz » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:34 pm

eternally12 wrote:Would love for her to do more intimate sets like this despite the lipping. Her lipping facials were quite good in the CB era and realistic.

Lmao I can't at Melonie's face at 2:58 when she forgets what she's meant to be lipping to. And her side eyeing Mariah during the whole thing :lol: Trey is also really bad at lipping.
It's crazy how much the combination of the backing singers voices sounds exactly like Mariah's voice :roll: lol jk but it is funny that they seriously thought it was cool to try pass off blatant Mariah backing vocals from the album track as the backing singers haha
dancamz
Personal Assistant

Postby eternally12 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:39 pm

^It's a shame because they sounded really good harmonising with her in TTR! I guess Mariah doesn't trust anyone to be able to remember all of her background parts perfectly in songs like Yours
eternally12
Superstar

Postby tifetqueen » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:42 pm

AlmondBreeze wrote:I now realise I actually prefer Glitter to Charmy. Yes, I dislike Always-Whisper-riah that much. It's like straining to listen to someone whispering at you all the time - you just want to shake them and shriek "speak up goddammit!"
THIS!!!!! CB sh*ts on MOAIA, E=MC2 and even on MIAM lyrically and melody-wise. Had it been sung in full voice AND with a better production...honey, we'd have a true masterpiece at all levels.

Note: I'm a huge fan of the Glitter album. She should acknowledge it more often.
tifetqueen
Personal Assistant

Postby Dandelion » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:42 pm

SpyVsSpy wrote:This is the mariah and stella thread. Please keep other artistes out of it.
La la la la la la la... I sing too! :lol:
Dandelion
Manager

Postby Dandelion » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:50 pm

LambChild wrote:
Dandelion wrote:
MCPH wrote:
ajam wrote:was just casually checking replies to Mariah's tweets and was pleasantly surprised how anti-Stella/management they were. For some reason I thought majority would be pro-stella but i guess everyone has already seen the light. This is GOOD!
Yay, so GOOD - just what we want, Mariah to fire another manager, getting dragged by the media again, find someone else, and realise in 10 months that there's still no new music and nothing has changed...

All to please Twitter trolls and UK mixers with absolutely zero sense of what it's like to run a brand/business.
Let's be real. Probably ALL of those social media accounts @tting Mariah with the 'fire Stella now' demands are connected to the various exes in her life. How many of UKMix's own Stella haters would dare tell Mariah to her face to fire Stella? I'd pay good money to see how that would play out :D
I would dare you to tell Mariah to her face the awful things you've said about both her ex husbands especially the father of her children.... and see how that one plays out :D
What awful things have I EVER said about St Nick 1 and St Nick 2 that Mariah or anyone sane would disagree with? I'd be more concerned for the people constantly campaigning for her to reunite with Tommy (professionally) or Nick (romantically). Both of them have abused Mariah, emotionally and mentally. Receipts are on video and witnesses are plenty. Quote me.
Dandelion
Manager

Postby heartlocked » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:53 pm

Crackiswack wrote:
SmartIsNewSexy wrote:LA reid has a a Horrible track record of choosing singles the last few years

I dont trust him choosing the next single.....
Well it's better than Mishka doing the honor
Well, she's the most qualified for the job because she's 12, she knows what the kids what to hear /s :roll:
M A R I A H
heartlocked
Manager

Postby EAI » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:04 pm

Ally, where did you find the AIWFCIY acapella without the background singers? The closest thing I have to that is the acoustic version.
Eat your f*cking hearts out haters. We go hard. #Empoweryourgirls #GoatSquad
EAI
Superstar

Postby Dandelion » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:07 pm

careybling wrote:
MIMIxAyu wrote:Aww Carrie Underwood said if she could swap lives with anyone in the world it would be Mariah. She said cause she's faboulous regardless of the NYE performance. :lol:
https://instagram.com/p/BPGYAhpAKCm/
Yas, Carrie! Stan and shut that shady reporter down!

Was? But this was literally last year, she still looks like this. :lol: And yes she looks gorgeous.
Instinct wrote:
gunman6 wrote:
Isnt this a few months old? Why 'was'?
It's called a Backhanded Compliment and the Mariah Carey thread is full of similar paper-cut disses about her looks and vocals. It's ALWAYS being told how useless or worthless Mariah has supposedly become and they use her own music or pictures to talk mess about how much better she was, sometimes as late as 5 minutes ago! :lol: They NEVER like anything she does in the moment it's always Idol this, or charmbracelet that or debut this or Music box that. :roll:

Sad yet predictable...

But we love Carrie Underwood for having integrity and compassion. She's a really nice person aside from being an amazing singing and songwriting talent!
Dandelion
Manager

Postby Dandelion » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:18 pm

andy001 wrote:2017 could have started off amazingly with lots of positive energy. Instead we have Mariah who is humiliated and wants time out.

Great! Thanks whoever it is who's fault it was. I hope she comes back feeling better and takes time to absorb herself in more new music.
Mariah will always get through it a better person, artist and businesswoman. I'd be more worried about anyone who isn't on Team Mariah. They are NOT playing!
Dandelion
Manager

Return to General Artists Discussion