SURVIVOR RULES & GUIDELINES
1. Survivors must be updated daily or every two days. If the host does not comply with this, a moderator will post a reminder in the survivor thread that it needs to be updated. If it hasn't been updated with the next few hours, a moderator will update the survivor themselves - regardless of what format the survivor is taking.
2. If a moderator has to frequently remind a host to update a survivor, then the host will lose some of their survivor privileges. Currently, there are three categories of Survivors; Artist, Theme and Album - and every user can have up to two survivors in each queue at one time. However, if the host has a bad record at updating their survivors, then they will only be allowed to have one survivor in each queue - meaning they'll have to wait twice as long to start their next one. Think of 3 reminders per survivor as frequent.
3. Use some initiative. If your survivor attracts 4 regular participants and they've all voted within a few hours, there may not be any need to keep it open for 48-72 hours.
4. Do not drag out your survivors forever. Only when you're down to the final 5-6 songs should single eliminations take place. If you're not in the top 20, then you should be eliminating more than two songs per round. Sometimes there may be a tie between a large number of songs - tiebreak situations are fine in this instance. However, if you had 18 songs left, and there was a tie between 3 songs - it's probably worthwhile just getting rid of all 3.
5. Modifying votes. This is something which is somewhat controversial - users editing their votes after seeing what the following votes are. I don't want to make a rule on this - it's up to the host and the host can make it clear during their survivor how they feel about this.
6. Have fun!
TheRealest wrote:Chy tf plz biscuits girl