Mariah Carey

Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, stevyy, Benjamin

Battle Of The Remixes: Round 3

Poll runs till Wed May 23, 2018 2:47 pm

Fantasy ft. ODB
44%
Honey (Classic Mix)
25%
Do You Know Where You're Going To (Mariah Bonita Club Edit)
3%
Make It Happen (C + C Mix)
13%
It's Like That (Morales Club Mix)
16%

Total votes : 32

Postby codehero » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:59 am

^^ ^
That list has some notable omissions, namely:

The Roof (Mobb Deep Remix), featuring Mobb Deep
I Still Believe (Stevie J Remix), featuring Mocha and Amil
My Love (with The-Dream)
codehero
Roadie

Postby justTrifling » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:00 am

codehero wrote:^^ ^

My Love (with The-Dream)
Excellent choices, esp The Roof and My Love!

Also, Honey (Bad Boy) >>>>>>> Honey (So So Def)
It was twilight
On the Fourth of July
Sparkling
colors were
Strewn across the sky
justTrifling
Manager

Postby crybaby26 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:43 am

Congratulations on my Queen for that trendsetting honor... The other girls could never :cry: :cry:
Mariah Carey. Queen of
the cassette, digital and now streaming era!!!
crybaby26
Manager

Postby codehero » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:45 am

justTrifling wrote:
codehero wrote:^^ ^

My Love (with The-Dream)
Excellent choices, esp The Roof and My Love!

Also, Honey (Bad Boy) >>>>>>> Honey (So So Def)
More of my favorites that are missing:

if We, featuring Ja Rule and Nate Dogg
Funkin' 4 Jamaica, featuring Mystikal
Last Night a DJ Saved My Life, featuring Busta Rhymes
Say Somethin', featuring Snoop Dogg
One and Only, featuring Twista
So Lonely, featuring Twista
I'll Be Lovin' You Long Time (Remix), featuring T.I.
codehero
Roadie

Postby missmad » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:04 am

ok so i am flying into vegas for the xmas concerts, i have no idea what the deal is with seating for the concerts.....in fact i have never been to a concert in my life. bucket list item being crossed off.....can you guys help me with good seats, bad seats so i have some idea when i book what im getting, i am going to shell out for a good seat up front somewhere for at least one of the concerts, the other couple i am happy to be midfield somewhere as long as i can still see that would be great. i am hoping to catch at least 3 concerts, am making the most of it while i am there! also is there a better place to buy the tickets and do the prices change at all do i just buy them now so i dont miss out?
missmad
Groupie

Postby Shaka » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:16 am

eternally12 wrote:I love the Rainbow era ones too! I think there's even better ones from TTR in 2003 though. And the 2017 one matches the rest quite well despite starting off as an exclamation :lol: it's still a whistle to me imo
Yeah, it's a whistle but just a random exclamation. She added some vibrato tho :P

I miss those times when she used to add whistles with musical purposes :roll: :lol:

Like this one...

This has to be one of my favorite live whistles in terms of placement. So beautiful and haunting.
Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
Shaka
Legend

Postby Shaka » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:20 am

eternally12 wrote:One of the best Without You performances of her career imo
Amazing performance indeed.
For some reason I've always overlooked the MB Tour. Just not my cup of tea.

This one is my favorite live rendition of the song, EVER (followed by the one at Milan during Rainbow Tour).

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
Shaka
Legend

Postby eternally12 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:22 am

^That's my favourite WY performance ever too. And Milan is 2nd place. Not sure about third - probably Worcester 1993 or LA...I usually overlook the MB tour too.

I wish she sang more songs on MSG 1995 :evil: Imagine AYNAF that night :o
I'm so glad bartending school is paying off! #cheers to the haters there's so much more coming !!
eternally12
Superstar

Postby Shaka » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:28 am

My third favorite is probably this one.

eternally12 wrote: I wish she sang more songs on MSG 1995 :evil: Imagine AYNAF that night :o
+1
She would have slayed AYNAF :cry:
Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
Shaka
Legend

Postby MeGreat » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:37 am

Everytime İ listen to "The Roof" İ am like:
How on earth an human being is able to create this surreal pice of art.
Perfection!
MeGreat
Roadie

Postby Shaka » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:48 am

Yas!
The Roof is the best song ever, not only by Mariah, but by everyone else.
It just doesn't get any better than that.
Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
Shaka
Legend

Postby Shaka » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:49 am

Perfection exists.

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
Shaka
Legend

Postby stever4577 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:03 am

missmad wrote:ok so i am flying into vegas for the xmas concerts, i have no idea what the deal is with seating for the concerts.....in fact i have never been to a concert in my life. bucket list item being crossed off.....can you guys help me with good seats, bad seats so i have some idea when i book what im getting, i am going to shell out for a good seat up front somewhere for at least one of the concerts, the other couple i am happy to be midfield somewhere as long as i can still see that would be great. i am hoping to catch at least 3 concerts, am making the most of it while i am there! also is there a better place to buy the tickets and do the prices change at all do i just buy them now so i dont miss out?
I saw Mariah at the Colosseum for the residency and it's a small capacity venue (4,500 i think). The venue is really beautiful and pretty much wherever you sit you will get a good view due to the size of the place. Saying that, of course it's better to be as far forward as possible, especially with Mariah's aversion to any screens! I would say that unless you are right at the back, or right over to one side you would have a pretty decent view. I booked direct with the venue via their website, it has a really useful tool in selecting the tickets and showing you exactly where you will be seated...so if you do this and stick to the principles of not being right at the back or far to one side you can't really go too wrong. I don't know if prices change, but when organising a trip to vegas with flights, hotels you don't really wanna leave the booking of the ticket until later. I actually built my entire holiday around the ticket i got for Mariahs show. My advise (if you don't have an exact date you have to go) would be to get the ticket first (and play around with the system on different dates until you are happy with the seat) and then book the rest around it. Good luck!!!
stever4577
Groupie

Postby wolfily » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:03 am

Really excited about the VH1 Hip Hop Honors. She'll definitely be there. I smell a surprise performance of Heartbreaker ft Da Brat & Missy Elliott. Add Jay-Z in there and it would be da bomb. It would be amazing to see her peers cover her signature collabs i.e. Fantasy, Honey, It's Like That and I Know What U Want. And what better way to cap it with the premiere of the Where I Belong single/video.
Frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn. I mean, I have five Grammys. That’s cute.
wolfily
Personal Assistant

Postby SmartIsNewSexy » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:08 am

LCRiah wrote:Idk if this has been posted, but a lamb was featured on CBS for being in a shelter after Hurricane Irma. Praying for everyone still!

Mariahs impact :cry:
SmartIsNewSexy
Legend

Postby SmartIsNewSexy » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:14 am

codehero wrote:J.Lo should perform with Ja Rule for the tribute.
*SCREAMING * :lol: :x
SmartIsNewSexy
Legend

Postby wolfily » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:15 am

Lol .. What a coincidence. Mariah and Martin will be the 2017 VH1 Hip Hop Honorees.
Frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn. I mean, I have five Grammys. That’s cute.
wolfily
Personal Assistant

Postby SmartIsNewSexy » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:17 am

Shaka wrote:Perfection exists.

ONLY mariah would walk around with a wine glass....
MESS ! :lol: :P
SmartIsNewSexy
Legend

Postby SawyerHewitt » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:32 am

Shaka wrote:Perfection exists.

Bearded man: U want me to hold the glass?
Meemz: NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH :lol:
Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.
SawyerHewitt
Manager

Postby Cashiado » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:09 pm

taustin13 wrote:Cashiado, I hope you are ok man. I saw the storm live on TV in Naples. The weather man was standing in 120+ MPH winds. Almost blew him away. I was thinking of you. Prayers and love from me in the north midwest. :D
Thanks for checking on me! We were very fortunate it wasn't a Cat. 4 and only a 3. Plus, after the eye passed, the southern part of the storm was not has bad as dry air was being fed into it. No power yet. At my parent's house off Marco Island, where I live. I was able to get onto the island yesterday. My house is good. Porch needs to be replaced. A lot of cleanup from down trees. Big palm tree fell and hit the front of the house, but the roof seems ok.
In 1992, I was in Homestead for Hurricane Andrew. Thank God this Irma was nothing like that one!
Cashiado
Personal Assistant

Postby eternally12 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:48 pm

2:41 is very similar to what she did a few times this year

4:52>>> your fave. One of the more effortless Bb6s on TAOM tour <3
I'm so glad bartending school is paying off! #cheers to the haters there's so much more coming !!
eternally12
Superstar

Postby bm08 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:47 pm

Mariah Trends
@MariahTrends
#Lambs! Final Hours [until 2:50pmET] to Vote for @MariahCarey as Best Resident in Las Vegas! http://bit.ly/VoteMariah
Would be cool if she won. It's an actual award btw. Here's Britney winning hers in 2015:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/04/ ... 707003.jpg
bm08
Superstar

Postby Wayne » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:49 pm

Cashiado wrote:
taustin13 wrote:Cashiado, I hope you are ok man. I saw the storm live on TV in Naples. The weather man was standing in 120+ MPH winds. Almost blew him away. I was thinking of you. Prayers and love from me in the north midwest. :D
Thanks for checking on me! We were very fortunate it wasn't a Cat. 4 and only a 3. Plus, after the eye passed, the southern part of the storm was not has bad as dry air was being fed into it. No power yet. At my parent's house off Marco Island, where I live. I was able to get onto the island yesterday. My house is good. Porch needs to be replaced. A lot of cleanup from down trees. Big palm tree fell and hit the front of the house, but the roof seems ok.
In 1992, I was in Homestead for Hurricane Andrew. Thank God this Irma was nothing like that one!
Great stuff! Really pleased that your safe and doing ok Cashiado!
Wayne
Administrator

Postby taustin13 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:06 pm

I am happy for you Cashiado that you survived.
No stress, no fights
I'm leavin' it all behind
No tears, no time to cry
Just makin' the most of life
taustin13
Manager

Postby murt94 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:06 pm

Shaka wrote:My favorites are the ones from Rainbow Era <3
The one from this year was so full and the vibrato came out naturally - shame it was a random exclamation and not an actual musical whistle...

murt94 wrote:This short video shows her consistency in this register during the past 27 years!
Yeah we need a vol whistle we have had one every year since 2014!
My SENTFROMUPABOVE YouTube channel is back: https://www.youtube.com/user/sentfromupabove/videos SUBSCRIBE!
Follow me: https://twitter.com/Murtaza_Murad
murt94
Manager

Return to General Artists Discussion