Paulboard Top 30 | 11.17.17 | believed in the fictional...

Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby bluecherry » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:05 pm

Great to see so much love for Terror Jr, I got into their music last year, and '3 Strikes' reached #15 on my charts, and reached platinum. I haven't found a song I like as much as '3 Strikes' but their music is pretty stellar in general!
bluecherry
Manager

Postby JakeP » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:16 pm

phoenix98 wrote:Ah, right on! I hear you now. Speaking of Owl City, he's certainly an interesting case: global mega-smash with "Fireflies" (No. 1 in the US, UK, AUS, and others)...then nothing but total flops until "Good Time" becomes a global Top 10 success several years later...and then back to total floppage again :lol: I really love his "Vanilla Twilight" too (though it might've flopped due to being too similar to "Fireflies.")
I only remember those two songs but i do think Carly Rae Jepsen played a key role in the success of Good time. I actually prefer to fondly remember Owl City as a really good one hit wonder. Well, two hits but you know what i mean! :lol: :P

phoenix98 wrote:You're totally right! You really are the ultimate official UK chart authority :D I just checked the "Slow Hands" chart run on their site, and it did take several weeks to really take off: 25 - 31 - 23 - 21 - *7* - and so on.

If he's touring, does that mean you've snagged some front row seats? Or has Niall given you full-VIP-backstage access...? ;)
What do you mean full-VIP backstage access? :evil: I got access to his hotel room. :lol: :P Actually i would love to go, although i worry that i'll be drowned out by a sea of fangirls. :lol: :oops: I know Niall is playing the O2 arena in Manchester next March so i shall have a look online later on. Hopefully i'll be able to persuade someone to come to the gig with me, most probably one of the girls from work who i know loves One Direction. I'll probably still be the only guy there aside from dads with their daughters! :lol:

phoenix98 wrote:Yeah, like I was saying to stevyy above, "Beautiful Trauma" brings to mind the "U + Ur Hand"/"So What"/"Raise Your Glass"/'Blow Me"-P!nk that I love (without sounding like a total retread of those tracks.) Since you don't seem too impressed with BT, I'm relieved it at least managed to dent your Top 10 :D Very curious to see how "Revenge" performs...
Well Beautiful trauma has been a slow burner and maybe because i was listening to Whatever you want during the week, i kept going back to Beautiful trauma too. P!nk set to have three songs in my new chart tonight alongside What about us. As for Revenge i was initially disappointed but i'll see if there's much replay value in the song. As things stand, i actually think Whatever you want is a great track and set to do quite well on my chart.

...and so onto the latest Paulboard, and another brand spanking new #1 to boot. :D

01 (NE) 01 | "Perfect For You" - Rachel Platten | 1 (1)

Sadly this didn't have as much replay value as Broken glass, and even that song only lasted one week in my chart with a peak of #18. I think its because this is a bit too similar to Attention in its production, i find it a bit copy cat. Had the song ben given a fresher backing track it might've helped propel the song more. :P Still, its great that you're loving the latest music from Rachel Platten and i love how she's keeping things going. I'd still prefer to hear another big anthemic song like Fight song or Stand by you.

02 (NE) 01 | "Help Me Out" - Maroon 5 ft. Julia Michaels | 2 (1)

This did nothing for me. :( I doubt this will make my top 20 even if the music video consisted of 100 gorgeous sexy young boys dancing around. :lol:

07 (NE) 01 | "How Long" - Charlie Puth | 7

Nice entry for Charlie. He's really delivering some major pop tracks and this follows on nicely where Attention left off.

15 (NE) 01 | "Pray" - Sam Smith | 15

This track didn'r leave much of an impression on me. I kinda like it but i find that "eh" sound throughout the track really offputting. :oops: :lol:

Best of the rest...

03 (01) 02 | "Beautiful Trauma" - P!nk | 1 (1) | [G]
06 (07) 06 | "What Lovers Do" - Maroon 5 ft. SZA | 1 (1) | [P]
09 (06) 05 | "Let Me Go" - Hailee Steinfeld ft. Alesso, Florida Georgia Line, & watt | 1 (2) | [P]
11 (RE) 04 | "Thunder" - Imagine Dragons | 2 (1) | [G]
12 (NE) 01 | "Mi Gente" - J Balvin & Willy William | 12 <--- :P
14 (NE) 01 | "Believer" - Imagine Dragons | 14
16 (10) 08 | "Broken Glass" - Rachel Platten | 1 (1) | [P]
17 (15) 07 | "Look What You Made Me Do" - Taylor Swift | 1 (1) | [P]
27 (RE) 08 | "New Rules" - Dua Lipa | 1 (1) | [P]
28 (26) 23 | "Starving" - Hailee Steinfeld ft. Grey & Zedd | 1 (2) | [3xP]
JakeP
Manager

Postby stevyy » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:13 pm

NICE. Amazing song. I love and adore the choir.
stevyy
Legend

Postby Fan » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:17 pm

phoenix98 wrote:(...you should definitely describe in great detail in your next PM.) Ha, yeah, I really wasn't feeling his hair in Wonder Woman, but I guess they were going for a period-accurate style. His bawdy was definitely on-point, though :oops: Buffer than I'd remembered him ever looking, anyway...

Ugh :x These streaming-service-exclusives are like the new region-locked-nonsense on YouTube. Hopefully their exclusivity with Apple ends ASAP!

Ha, yeah, I can see how people are off-put by the repetitive "my love, my drug, ughhh..." parts right after the chorus, but I think they're pretty catchy! Overall, the track really brings to mind the "U + Ur Hand"/"So What"/"Raise Your Glass"/'Blow Me"-P!nk that I love (without sounding like an exact copy of those.)

It's definitely the standout on Younger Now for me (well, besides the tracks I'd already heard), largely thanks to those "when you look up at a rainbow, do you ever wonder..." pre-chorus parts. <3

Thanks again, Fan! :D
:lol: :lol: , totally forgot to include it this time!! Will do next time, although I think you can kinda guess already what happens :oops: He did look very buff indeed, but I prefer him less buffy, and more hairy chested to be honest.

I know, right. And I doubt Steps has the kind of fanbase to join Apple Music to see one music video. I mean, their fanbase isn't exactly 14-year-old who would be open for that.

It it so catchy!! And I absolutely adore the opening, almost magical. Definitely the highlight on the album for me <3
I can see the U + Ur Hand comparision, although is is less out there and in your face.

I listened to your #1, but I wasn't very impressed to be honest. I did like Fight Song and Stand By You quite a lot, but this is pretty dull for me.
i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging
Fan
Legend

Postby phoenix98 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:50 pm

Many thanks and much love for all the comments! :D

bluecherry wrote:Great to see so much love for Terror Jr, I got into their music last year, and '3 Strikes' reached #15 on my charts, and reached platinum. I haven't found a song I like as much as '3 Strikes' but their music is pretty stellar in general!
It's awesome to come across somebody else who not only knows them, but actually likes them too! :lol: :D

"3 Strikes" is great (No. 6 peak and Gold cert here), but some of the stuff they've released over the course of this year has eclipsed it for me. "Heartbreaks" was the first song of theirs that I checked out, and it still stands as my favorite. It's pretty much guaranteed to go down as my biggest chart hit of 2017, thanks to its run of *1* - 1 - 2 - 1 - 3 - 4 - 8 - 9 - 6 - 14 - 12 - OUT - 8 - 13 - OUT - 23 - OUT - 5 - 4 - 16 - OUT - 24 - 14

Thanks again, blue! :D

JakeP wrote:I only remember those two songs but i do think Carly Rae Jepsen played a key role in the success of Good time. I actually prefer to fondly remember Owl City as a really good one hit wonder. Well, two hits but you know what i mean! :lol: :P
Ha, yeah, I love how they managed to save each other from being one-hit-wonders (technically, but I suspect a lot of people will remember them that way anyway :x Especially since "Good Time" came-and-went pretty quickly. It's like how Vanilla Ice is one of the most-often-mentioned examples, despite having a second US + UK Top 10 to his name besides "Ice Ice Baby.")

JakeP wrote:What do you mean full-VIP backstage access? :evil: I got access to his hotel room. :lol: :P Actually i would love to go, although i worry that i'll be drowned out by a sea of fangirls. :lol: :oops: I know Niall is playing the O2 arena in Manchester next March so i shall have a look online later on. Hopefully i'll be able to persuade someone to come to the gig with me, most probably one of the girls from work who i know loves One Direction. I'll probably still be the only guy there aside from dads with their daughters! :lol:
:oops: My sincerest apologies! Obviously it would've been an absolute TRAVESTY for him to offer you - his most devoted (and attractive) fan - anything less! Once you got to the room, did he go nice and slow with his hands, or...?

Ha, yeah, I imagine it'd be the same at a 1D/Bieber/etc. concert too, where you could barely hear the actual performer over the shrieking, sobbing, and singing-along fans :x :lol: You'll just have to out shriek and sing them all! ;) Kidding aside, I really hope you get to go, and I'm curious to hear how Niall handles a big stage/show like that all to himself!

JakeP wrote:Well Beautiful trauma has been a slow burner and maybe because i was listening to Whatever you want during the week, i kept going back to Beautiful trauma too. P!nk set to have three songs in my new chart tonight alongside What about us. As for Revenge i was initially disappointed but i'll see if there's much replay value in the song. As things stand, i actually think Whatever you want is a great track and set to do quite well on my chart.
Although I'm quite charmed by "Revenge" at the moment, I can see it pulling a "Me Too" and going from catchy-to-cringey fairly quickly, so we'll see if it's still on my chart in a moth or so :lol: I haven't checked out Beautiful Trauma in full, so I'm especially curious to see/hear which other tracks make your next chart!

JakeP wrote:Sadly this didn't have as much replay value as Broken glass, and even that song only lasted one week in my chart with a peak of #18. I think its because this is a bit too similar to Attention in its production, i find it a bit copy cat. Had the song ben given a fresher backing track it might've helped propel the song more. :P Still, its great that you're loving the latest music from Rachel Platten and i love how she's keeping things going. I'd still prefer to hear another big anthemic song like Fight song or Stand by you.
Poor Rachel just can't hit the right spots with you this era :cry: I actually hadn't made the connection to Charlie's "Attention" until I saw your comment, so many thanks for pointing that out :lol: Although the similarities during the chorus are pretty undeniable, they're still pretty different in many ways, and I think PFY has a lot to offer beyond the similar-sounding production at times (including a ton of super-catchy bits, like the "but I don't wanna wait, (you do...)", but I think my absolute favorite is the way she sings the "making me feel I'm not enough when I aAaAam..." part.) <3

JakeP wrote:This did nothing for me. :( I doubt this will make my top 20 even if the music video consisted of 100 gorgeous sexy young boys dancing around. :lol:
Aw, I'm really off to a terrible start with you this week :cry: What about 100 Adam holograms...? Kidding aside, I think it's just an iTunes promo single, so you probably won't have to worry about ever hearing it on the radio (or seeing any video for it on the music channels.) :lol:

JakeP wrote:This track didn'r leave much of an impression on me. I kinda like it but i find that "eh" sound throughout the track really offputting. :oops: :lol:
Ha, yeah, I wanted to give whatever he put out after "Too Good At Goodbyes" a chance, hoping it would have more of an impact on me, but...

Thanks again, Jake! :D
phoenix98
Legend

Postby phoenix98 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:55 pm

stevyy wrote:NICE. Amazing song. I love and adore the choir.
Aw...I hate to disappoint you, stevyy, since I love your enthusiasm for Sam...but "Pray" won't be lasting very long here (just like "Too Good At Goodbyes") :oops: TGAG definitely felt like a very fitting "comeback" single for him, but hopefully he's got something more like "Like I Can" or "Restart" in store to really hook me. Not that it HAS to be more uptempo - since "I'm Not The Only One" is one of his biggest Paulboard hits too - but neither of this era's offerings have connected with me yet.

Thanks again, stevyy! :D

Fan wrote: :lol: :lol: , totally forgot to include it this time!! Will do next time, although I think you can kinda guess already what happens :oops: He did look very buff indeed, but I prefer him less buffy, and more hairy chested to be honest.

I know, right. And I doubt Steps has the kind of fanbase to join Apple Music to see one music video. I mean, their fanbase isn't exactly 14-year-old who would be open for that.

It it so catchy!! And I absolutely adore the opening, almost magical. Definitely the highlight on the album for me <3
I can see the U + Ur Hand comparision, although is is less out there and in your face.

I listened to your #1, but I wasn't very impressed to be honest. I did like Fight Song and Stand By You quite a lot, but this is pretty dull for me.
I would LOVE to take a stab at guessing your + Liev's entire agenda for the evening...but (sadly), that's a list I can't rattle off here on family-friendly UKMIX :cry: It makes me especially excited for your next PM, though! I actually had no idea Chris Pine was ever especially hairy! Granted, the only movies I can remember seeing that contain clear shirtless shots of him are the first Star Trek and Wonder Woman.

Ha, right? Given the tragic under-performance of "Scared Of The Dark", they need to get themselves as much exposure as possible! (Lee could certainly contribute on that front...)

Ha, yeah, it's definitely not as sassy and aggressive as "U + Ur Hand" (partially because it's basically just a love song), but there's still glimmers of her...wilder side.

Aw :( You're not the first person who isn't feeling "Perfect For You", but I'm surprised to see anyone call it "dull" :o It's so fun-n-funky! As much as I adore "Fight Song" and "Broken Glass", PFY shows a more saucy side of her: "it's pissing me off when you say, 'calm down, calm down,' like that..."

phoenix98
Legend

Postby phoenix98 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:00 pm

Paulboard Top 30
Chart Date: 10/20/17

• "You Are" enters right at No. 1 to become GOT7's first chart-topper since 2015 (and their third overall), following in the steps of "딱 좋아 (Just Right)" and "니가 하면 (If You Do.)"

TW | LW | WKS ON | TITLE | ARTIST | PEAK | CERT

01 (NE) 01 | "You Are" - GOT7 | 1 (1)
02 (01) 02 | "Perfect For You" - Rachel Platten | 1 (1) | [G]
03 (NE) 01 | "Revenge" - P!nk ft. Eminem | 3
04 (03) 03 | "Beautiful Trauma" - P!nk | 1 (1) | [G]
05 (05) 04 | "A Different Way" - DJ Snake ft. Lauv | 1 (1) | [P]
06 (04) 03 | "IDK + IDC" - Terror Jr | 2 (1) | [G]
07 (17) 08 | "Look What You Made Me Do" - Taylor Swift | 1 (1) | [P]
08 (02) 02 | "Help Me Out" - Maroon 5 ft. Julia Michaels | 2 (1)
09 (21) 06 | "Come First" - Terror Jr | 5 | [G]
10 (06) 07 | "What Lovers Do" - Maroon 5 ft. SZA | 1 (1) | [P]
11 (09) 06 | "Let Me Go" - Hailee Steinfeld ft. Alesso, Florida Georgia Line, & watt | 1 (2) | [P]
12 (16) 09 | "Broken Glass" - Rachel Platten | 1 (1) | [P]
13 (RE) 03 | "Boots" - Kesha | 3 | [G]
14 (24) 19 | "Heartbreaks" - Terror Jr | 1 (3) | [3xP]
15 (22) 13 | "Do Or Die" - Terror Jr | 1 (1) | [P]
16 (10) 03 | "Holding Your Tongue" - Terror Jr | 8
17 (08) 03 | "Fight And F**k" - Terror Jr | 5
18 (NE) 01 | "New" - Daya | 18
19 (RE) 03 | "Let 'Em Talk" - Kesha ft. Eagles of Death Metal | 6
20 (RE) 07 | "Hymn" - Kesha | 5 | [G]
21 (18) 03 | "Miss You So Much" - Miley Cyrus | 9
22 (NE) 01 | "Just Like You" - Louis Tomlinson | 22
23 (RE) 04 | "Havana" - Camila Cabello ft. Young Thug | 13
24 (RE) 07 | "Perfect" - Ed Sheeran | 13 | [G]
25 (RE) 05 | "3 Strikes" - Terror Jr | 6 | [G]
26 (RE) 04 | "Mayday" - GOT7 | 3 | [G]
27 (25) 03 | "Set In Stone" - Terror Jr | 16
28 (23) 07 | "Personal" - Terror Jr | 2 (1) | [G]
29 (07) 02 | "How Long" - Charlie Puth | 7
30 (RE) 02 | "Godzilla" - Kesha | 17

[GOLD] = 25+ total plays
[PLAT] = 50+ total plays
phoenix98
Legend

Postby Fan » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:23 pm

phoenix98 wrote:I would LOVE to take a stab at guessing your + Liev's entire agenda for the evening...but (sadly), that's a list I can't rattle off here on family-friendly UKMIX :cry: It makes me especially excited for your next PM, though! I actually had no idea Chris Pine was ever especially hairy! Granted, the only movies I can remember seeing that contain clear shirtless shots of him are the first Star Trek and Wonder Woman.

Ha, right? Given the tragic under-performance of "Scared Of The Dark", they need to get themselves as much exposure as possible! (Lee could certainly contribute on that front...)

Ha, yeah, it's definitely not as sassy and aggressive as "U + Ur Hand" (partially because it's basically just a love song), but there's still glimmers of her...wilder side.

Aw :( You're not the first person who isn't feeling "Perfect For You", but I'm surprised to see anyone call it "dull" :o It's so fun-n-funky! As much as I adore "Fight Song" and "Broken Glass", PFY shows a more saucy side of her: "it's pissing me off when you say, 'calm down, calm down,' like that..."

:lol: :lol:
It involves a lot of the same things I would write in the scenario of our Jake x Riz movie :wink:
Well, he has never been that hairy to be honest. But he did always have a bit of chest hair (I actually cannot believe we are discussing Chris's chest hair in your chart topic :lol: ). But yeah, I can see and feel it every morning when I wake up next to him ofcourse!

Haha, true. Although I doubt they will ever get another hit single. As long as the album shifts some more copies, it's all good. And their tour is selling very well. I personally prefer H :P

True! I really enjoy Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken from her new album, beautiful song.

Sorry :( To make up for it, I do enjoy your new #1. Never heard of the song or the band in general before, but decided to check it out and was pleasantly surprised- very catchy.
I love Perfect by Ed as well!
Fan
Legend

Postby stevyy » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:46 pm

I love the Maroon 5 impact here. I am a HUGE M5 stan. Their last album was a+mazing in my opinion. For whatever reason, their new songs don't click with me as much as before. I am excited for the album anyway.
stevyy
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:30 am

It's been a while since I visited, so I decided to check out a few more songs than I typically would to compensate for my absence.

Your #1 isn't bad, but it just isn't quite my cup of tea. I could bear to hear it again, though, so it's not like it's unlistenable dross. "Perfect for You" and "IDK + IDC" were interesting because they represented different sides of acts that I'm not that familiar with. For Rachel Platten, "Fight Song" and a few other singles gave me the impression that she's this darling, somewhat sweetheart of a singer, so I like the sass and attitude of "Perfect for You". As for Terror Jr, you know I adore "Heartbreaks," so it was interesting to hear a more vulnerable, emotional side from them.

I also listened to "Help Me Out," which wasn't bad. I don't think M5 are doing it for me this era, though.

"Revenge" is very...um, high. :lol: It's rare that duets featuring acts I love/respect so much are as sub-par as "Revenge," but it happens. It is cool that "Beautiful Trauma" managed to be P!nk's first #1 here. I mean, this chart has been around for "Raise Your Glass," "Blow Me (One Last Kiss)," and "Try," so I'm a bit surprised that it's taken this long, but better late than never. 8-)

04 (03) 03 | "Beautiful Trauma" - P!nk | 1 (1) | [G]
05 (05) 04 | "A Different Way" - DJ Snake ft. Lauv | 1 (1) | [P]
07 (17) 08 | "Look What You Made Me Do" - Taylor Swift | 1 (1) | [P]
08 (02) 02 | "Help Me Out" - Maroon 5 ft. Julia Michaels | 2 (1)
11 (09) 06 | "Let Me Go" - Hailee Steinfeld ft. Alesso, Florida Georgia Line, & watt | 1 (2) | [P]
12 (16) 09 | "Broken Glass" - Rachel Platten | 1 (1) | [P]

phoenix98 wrote:Poor DJ Snake :lol: I'd actually forgotten how he's racked up a few official chart hits already ("Turn Down For What", "You Know You Like It", co-credit with Major Lazer on "Lean On"), but my favorite offering from him prior to this one was definitely "Middle." I do recall you being unimpressed with "Let Me Love You." Even accused it of lacking a chorus, I believe...
You make it sound like a baseless claim, and not the truth. :lol: :wink:

phoenix98 wrote:I don't remember if I'd gotten your thoughts on Niall before, but there we have it :lol: Did "Slow Hands" make any Akiniboard impact at all...?
I just finished listening to Flicker about a half hour ago, and I must say that he's exceeded every expectation I had of him. Granted, the bar wasn't high, but he cleared it by quite a margin, and I'm happy that this makes three for three for the 1D gang. Liam might come through as the fourth, although I'm completely done with Louis after that video surfaced of him using a racial slur.

phoenix98 wrote:"when you come close I just tremble,
and every time, every time you go,
it's like a knife that cuts right through my soul..."

Pretty much sums up my thoughts on you visiting this thread, actually...

I'm flattered.
phoenix98 wrote:I mean...your glowing official UKMIX review did play a crucial role in getting it to No. 1 on the Hot 100, so...at least your stanning is impacting where it truly counts.
If the review was responsible for even one stream, then my mission was accomplished. :lol:

phoenix98 wrote:It's some seriously edgy sh*t for a seriously edgy era. #lookwhatwevemadeherdo
I screamed a bit at this. :lol:

phoenix98 wrote: Just when I thought I fully understood the depth of your appreciation for "Mine" :o So not only the clear standout when it comes to her lead singles, but also the best hook in her entire catalog? I mean...lest we forget about

"hey,
I don't know about you,
but I'm feeling twenty twoOoOoOo...."

(Kidding...but also not kidding....)
Damn, when you really examine the lyrics of a lot of pop songs, they're extremely banal. :lol:
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby bluecherry » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:23 am

09 (21) 06 | "Come First" - Terror Jr | 5 | [G]
16 (10) 03 | "Holding Your Tongue" - Terror Jr | 8
17 (08) 03 | "Fight And F**k" - Terror Jr | 5
25 (RE) 05 | "3 Strikes" - Terror Jr | 6 | [G]
27 (25) 03 | "Set In Stone" - Terror Jr | 16
28 (23) 07 | "Personal" - Terror Jr | 2 (1) | [G]
- Nice number one! Just listened to it and I actually quite like it.
- Great to see so much Kesha, I've been listening to it consistently but not in large quantities if that makes sense? I wonder how successful she has been previously on your chart?
- Also, great to still see Terror Jr's slayage - they seem to be having the impact on your chart that SZA is on mine. 'Heartbreaks' looks like it smashed. Do you have a record for most songs on a single chart by one artist?
- Nice to see the re-entry for 'Havana'. It's been slowly climbing on my chart, and is currently at #35! I haven't been able to get into her solo music, whereas I've actually loved Fifth Harmony's music as a quartet!
- Charlie Puth is also climbing, so its disappointing to see it drop so steeply - is there a particular reason for that?
- I see that you love 'What Lovers Do', but I'm curious as to what you think of SZA? I find she really elevates the song but have you checked out any of her solo stuff - or are you more a fan of Adam Levine's parts of the song?
bluecherry
Manager

Postby phoenix98 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:00 pm

Many thanks and much love for the comments! :D

Fan wrote: :lol: :lol: It involves a lot of the same things I would write in the scenario of our Jake x Riz movie :wink: Well, he has never been that hairy to be honest. But he did always have a bit of chest hair (I actually cannot believe we are discussing Chris's chest hair in your chart topic :lol: ). But yeah, I can see and feel it every morning when I wake up next to him ofcourse!

Haha, true. Although I doubt they will ever get another hit single. As long as the album shifts some more copies, it's all good. And their tour is selling very well. I personally prefer H :P

True! I really enjoy Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken from her new album, beautiful song.

Sorry :( To make up for it, I do enjoy your new #1. Never heard of the song or the band in general before, but decided to check it out and was pleasantly surprised- very catchy.

I love Perfect by Ed as well!
Ha. Always so coy, Fan ;) Ah, that does make sense: the camera might fail to capture Chris's majestic man-fluff, but when his chest is right in your face, every single fabulous fiber becomes apparent! Also, that must mean he sleeps shirtless? Or even...n00d?

:lol: Surely you jest with that H VS Lee remark! (Unless H somehow appeals to some very specific fetish of yours...?)

Even though I haven't actually picked up Beautiful Trauma, between the promo singles, JakeP's chart, and now your suggestion, it seems like I've nearly heard it all anyway :lol: She sounds lovely on "Wild Hearts...", but on first listen, I was a bit more drawn to some of the tracks that Jake highlighted (especially "Secrets.")

I'm really glad to hear that "You Are" made a good first impression on you, though! The first song of theirs that I ever heard (and remains my favorite today) is "딱 좋아 (Just Right.)" Even if the song itself doesn't do much for you, the video is so damn adorable it's worth a watch anyway!

Akini deserves a lot of credit for putting "Perfect" back on my mind last week (after he sent it to No. 1 on his chart), but it's also been fun watching it blow up on official charts now that it's become a proper single.

stevyy wrote:I love the Maroon 5 impact here. I am a HUGE M5 stan. Their last album was a+mazing in my opinion. For whatever reason, their new songs don't click with me as much as before. I am excited for the album anyway.
YES! They seem to get so much hate online, it's really refreshing to come across a stan for once :D I loved V too (it actually wound up with more Scrobbles than Overexposed), so I'm definitely planning to pick up Red Pill Blues. "What Lovers Do" is easily my favorite of this era's singles so far (Adam's hook is just so damn infectious!) What were your most-played-moments on V?

Thanks again, stevyy! :D
phoenix98
Legend

Postby phoenix98 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:05 pm

JSparksFan wrote:It's been a while since I visited, so I decided to check out a few more songs than I typically would to compensate for my absence.

Your #1 isn't bad, but it just isn't quite my cup of tea. I could bear to hear it again, though, so it's not like it's unlistenable dross. "Perfect for You" and "IDK + IDC" were interesting because they represented different sides of acts that I'm not that familiar with. For Rachel Platten, "Fight Song" and a few other singles gave me the impression that she's this darling, somewhat sweetheart of a singer, so I like the sass and attitude of "Perfect for You". As for Terror Jr, you know I adore "Heartbreaks," so it was interesting to hear a more vulnerable, emotional side from them.

I also listened to "Help Me Out," which wasn't bad. I don't think M5 are doing it for me this era, though.
Aw <3 There really wasn't a need for you to do any penance, but I appreciate you taking the time to give those unfamiliar entries a chance anyway! (Especially since I haven't been very good about doing the same when I visit your chart lately...)

Ha, yeah, K-Pop or J-Pop tends to be an especially hard sell, and I recall you've been more drawn to ballads in the past, so my No. 1 didn't have much working in its favor. Astute observations regarding Rachel and Terror Jr, though! I'm clearly digging this sassier side of Rachel ("it's pissing me off when you say, 'calm down, calm down,' like that..."), and Terror Jr's more somber, self-reflective tone (which carries across several tracks on their latest EP) caught me off-guard at first, but soon started to really resonate with me. "is there something I should be afraid of? I don't know, and I don't care..."

Bummer about M5, but you're certainly not alone. :x :lol:

JSparksFan wrote:"Revenge" is very...um, high. :lol: It's rare that duets featuring acts I love/respect so much are as sub-par as "Revenge," but it happens. It is cool that "Beautiful Trauma" managed to be P!nk's first #1 here. I mean, this chart has been around for "Raise Your Glass," "Blow Me (One Last Kiss)," and "Try," so I'm a bit surprised that it's taken this long, but better late than never. 8-)
Speaking of not being alone, the same goes for your feelings about "Revenge" :lol: I was sold on the cheekiness of it all, and that "we could do revenge, revenge, revenge, revenge, together, together, together, together..." really wriggled into my head...but I can definitely see it getting grating pretty quickly, and after other charts have encouraged me to check out more of Beautiful Trauma, I can understand why fans would be frustrated about "Revenge" getting chosen over several other worthy contenders.

JSparksFan wrote:I just finished listening to Flicker about a half hour ago, and I must say that he's exceeded every expectation I had of him. Granted, the bar wasn't high, but he cleared it by quite a margin, and I'm happy that this makes three for three for the 1D gang. Liam might come through as the fourth, although I'm completely done with Louis after that video surfaced of him using a racial slur.
This was news to me, so I felt especially ashamed after Googling it and discovering that it happened all the way back in 2014 :o Was it swept under the rug fairly swiftly? I can't @ some of the minor "offenses" that fans and/or the public will never let go ("You said you're ashamed of our president? Well then, no more career for you! Time to steamroll those records..."), but THIS gets shrugged off almost instantly? Did he ever even respond to it himself...?

JSparksFan wrote:If the review was responsible for even one stream, then my mission was accomplished. :lol:
Such modesty! It was on the front. page. of one of the most respectable and beloved music sites on the entire world wide web (and composed by one of said site's most respectable and beloved contributors.) I'd be shocked if it wasn't responsible for THOUSANDS!

JSparksFan wrote:Damn, when you really examine the lyrics of a lot of pop songs, they're extremely banal. :lol:
:lol: The power of a catchy melody...

(Well, and the fact that there wouldn't be any issues understanding and singing-along to lines like that...)

Thanks again, Akini! :D
phoenix98
Legend

Postby phoenix98 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:10 pm

bluecherry wrote:- Nice number one! Just listened to it and I actually quite like it.
Many thanks for giving it a chance! K-Pop and J-Pop tends to be a harder sell (admittedly, I wasn't really that open to it myself until a friend in college sat me down and introduced me to a handful of irresistible offerings), so I'm especially pleased to hear this one made a good first impression!

bluecherry wrote:- Great to see so much Kesha, I've been listening to it consistently but not in large quantities if that makes sense? I wonder how successful she has been previously on your chart?
Ha, I think I hear you: sort of like...you've been coming back to the album at least once or twice per week, but not putting any particular tracks in heavy rotation? She's had two No. 1's here ("Blind" and "Cannibal"), but neither had great longevity, so I'd say her overall biggest hits are actually: "Your Love Is My Drug" (No. 5 peak, 18 weeks total), "C'Mon" (No. 2, 11 weeks), and "We R Who We R" (No. 2, 9 weeks.) Thanks for asking!

bluecherry wrote:- Also, great to still see Terror Jr's slayage - they seem to be having the impact on your chart that SZA is on mine. 'Heartbreaks' looks like it smashed. Do you have a record for most songs on a single chart by one artist?
Another fun chart archive question! That's actually one achievement that I don't regularly track, but I'm pretty positive it's Taylor's 25/30 the week after Red dropped. It definitely helped that it was a majorly-hyped, majorly-long album (especially the Target Deluxe...)

bluecherry wrote:- Nice to see the re-entry for 'Havana'. It's been slowly climbing on my chart, and is currently at #35! I haven't been able to get into her solo music, whereas I've actually loved Fifth Harmony's music as a quartet!
Yeah, I'm 100% with you there. "Down" + "Angel" >>>>>>>> any of Camila's solo singles thus far. Well, as the lead act, anyway (I did really love "Bad Things.") :oops:

bluecherry wrote:- Charlie Puth is also climbing, so its disappointing to see it drop so steeply - is there a particular reason for that?
It's honestly hard to put my finger on why "Attention" and "How Long" haven't done better on my chart (especially after "Marvin Gaye", "One Call Away", and "We Don't Talk Anymore" all lasted 9+ weeks.) On the surface, they're both likable enough. I'd been a little distracted by how Charlie plays the role of the unfaithful (and not especially apologetic) partner in "How Long", and while lyrical content hasn't stopped me from getting completely hooked on songs in the past (I mean, my last No. 1 was in a language I don't even speak), a part of my hesitation might be that it's just not that appealing to bop to a song about getting caught cheating :lol: I honestly appreciate you asking and encouraging me to think about it more, though. Usually my music-playing habits are incredibly feeling-driven (whatever I'm "in the mood for"), but I'd love to be able to better articulate exactly why I'm more drawn to certain songs than others.

bluecherry wrote:- I see that you love 'What Lovers Do', but I'm curious as to what you think of SZA? I find she really elevates the song but have you checked out any of her solo stuff - or are you more a fan of Adam Levine's parts of the song?
I mentioned in your thread how I'm still pretty ignorant when it comes to SZA's catalog :oops: and it was Adam's parts in the chorus that hooked me at first, but her contributions undeniably elevate the track! It feels a bit more like a proper duet to me.

Thanks again, blue! :D
phoenix98
Legend

Postby phoenix98 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:15 pm

Paulboard Top 30
Chart Date: 10/27/17

• Rita Ora finds her way to No. 1 for the very first time with "Anywhere" (having previously peaked as high as No. 2 with "Your Song" earlier this year.) Only time will tell if it can match the impressive longevity of her No. 3-peaking "I Will Never Let You Down", though...

01 (NE) 01 | "Anywhere" - Rita Ora | 1 (1)
02 (NE) 01 | "Bedroom Floor" - Liam Payne | 2 (1)
03 (01) 02 | "You Are" - GOT7 | 1 (1) | [G]
04 (NE) 01 | "Finders Keepers" - Mabel ft. Kojo Funds | 4
05 (06) 04 | "IDK + IDC" - Terror Jr | 2 (1) | [G]
06 (05) 05 | "A Different Way" - DJ Snake ft. Lauv | 1 (1) | [P]
07 (02) 03 | "Perfect For You" - Rachel Platten | 1 (1) | [G]
08 (04) 04 | "Beautiful Trauma" - P!nk | 1 (1) | [G]
09 (25) 06 | "3 Strikes" - Terror Jr | 6 | [G]
10 (08) 03 | "Help Me Out" - Maroon 5 ft. Julia Michaels | 2 (1)
11 (RE) 02 | "Lifeline" - Terror Jr | 11
12 (NE) 01 | "Useless" - Terror Jr | 12
13 (NE) 01 | "Body Talk" - Majid Jordan | 13
14 (RE) 22 | "#Beautiful" - Mariah Carey ft. Miguel | 1 (2) | [4xP]
15 (03) 02 | "Revenge" - P!nk ft. Eminem | 3
16 (11) 07 | "Let Me Go" - Hailee Steinfeld ft. Alesso, Florida Georgia Line, & watt | 1 (2) | [P]
17 (RE) 12 | "I Will Never Let You Down" - Rita Ora | 3 | [P]
18 (17) 04 | "Fight And F**k" - Terror Jr | 5 | [G]
19 (NE) 01 | "The Star" - Mariah Carey | 19
20 (07) 09 | "Look What You Made Me Do" - Taylor Swift | 1 (1) | [P]
21 (18) 02 | "New" - Daya | 18
22 (NE) 01 | "Home" - Nick Jonas | 22
23 (RE) 02 | "You Don't Do It For Me Anymore" - Demi Lovato | 16
24 (29) 03 | "How Long" - Charlie Puth | 7
25 (RE) 02 | "Tell Me You Love Me" - Demi Lovato | 24
26 (24) 08 | "Perfect" - Ed Sheeran | 13 | [G]
27 (12) 10 | "Broken Glass" - Rachel Platten | 1 (1) | [P]
28 (RE) 18 | "Butterfly" - Grimes | 1 (1) | [2xP]
29 (RE) 10 | "California" - Grimes | 5 | [P]
30 (RE) 05 | "Your Song" - Rita Ora | 2 (1) | [G]

[GOLD] = 25+ total plays
[PLAT] = 50+ total plays
phoenix98
Legend

Postby JakeP » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:25 pm

Hello Paul :D

Amazing #1 i really do think this is the best song Rita has done yet. Up until now i have liked most of her songs but never loved them in the way i'm loving Anywhere. A very pleasant surprise and i'd love to see this go to #1 in the UK. :D

Despite my initial reservations about this song, i found myself going back and listening again. Like i posted in my chart thread, its been more a case of "identify the american singer". :lol: It's made it into my new top 20 but i already know this definitely going to drop out next week.

04 (NE) 01 | "Finders Keepers" - Mabel ft. Kojo Funds | 4

YES! :D Amazing result for Mabel. I read your comment saying it was gonna impact so i'm so pleased to see Finders keepers becoming a bonafide Paulboard hit. :D

19 (NE) 01 | "The Star" - Mariah Carey | 19

Ohh snap. :lol: Another song i was drawn to earlier in the week and as such has resulted in an entry in my chart...at #19. :P

Best of the rest:

08 (04) 04 | "Beautiful Trauma" - P!nk | 1 (1) | [G]
14 (RE) 22 | "#Beautiful" - Mariah Carey ft. Miguel | 1 (2) | [4xP]
16 (11) 07 | "Let Me Go" - Hailee Steinfeld ft. Alesso, Florida Georgia Line, & watt | 1 (2) | [P]
20 (07) 09 | "Look What You Made Me Do" - Taylor Swift | 1 (1) | [P]
24 (29) 03 | "How Long" - Charlie Puth | 7
27 (12) 10 | "Broken Glass" - Rachel Platten | 1 (1) | [P]
JakeP
Manager

Postby Fan » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:47 am

phoenix98 wrote:Ha. Always so coy, Fan ;) Ah, that does make sense: the camera might fail to capture Chris's majestic man-fluff, but when his chest is right in your face, every single fabulous fiber becomes apparent! Also, that must mean he sleeps shirtless? Or even...n00d?

:lol: Surely you jest with that H VS Lee remark! (Unless H somehow appeals to some very specific fetish of yours...?)

Even though I haven't actually picked up Beautiful Trauma, between the promo singles, JakeP's chart, and now your suggestion, it seems like I've nearly heard it all anyway :lol: She sounds lovely on "Wild Hearts...", but on first listen, I was a bit more drawn to some of the tracks that Jake highlighted (especially "Secrets.")

I'm really glad to hear that "You Are" made a good first impression on you, though! The first song of theirs that I ever heard (and remains my favorite today) is "딱 좋아 (Just Right.)" Even if the song itself doesn't do much for you, the video is so damn adorable it's worth a watch anyway!

Akini deserves a lot of credit for putting "Perfect" back on my mind last week (after he sent it to No. 1 on his chart), but it's also been fun watching it blow up on official charts now that it's become a proper single.

Exactly that :lol: :lol:
And sleep? We don't sleep a lot to be honest, too occupied with other things :wink:

Hahahaha! Not even, no. I just think H is very cute :oops: The video's out on Youtube now, by the way. But I'm not that impressed, was expecting more.

I will check out that song later on, like I said- I enjoyed your #1 quite a lot.

That's always nice :) I had no idea it was the next official single, never follow the charts (or the radio) anymore, so am a bit out of touch with these things!

WOO for Anywhere being at #1 this week, what a TUNE. I have been playing it on repeat. I've loved Rita since RIP and she has released quite a few bangers, but both Your Song and Anywhere are something different- feels like she has finally found her musical identity. I got tickets to see her live this week as well.

And Mabel as well <3 Queen!! Finders Keepers isn't even my favourite of hers, but still a very good one. You should check out Thinking Of You, Bedroom, Begging and Low Key. She has done so many good songs already.

[shamelessselfpromotion]Have you already seen my girlgroup countdown? I assume there would be quite a few things you would like :P [/shamelessselfpromotion]
Fan
Legend

Postby phoenix98 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:50 pm

JakeP wrote:Hello Paul :D
Hey there Jake :D

JakeP wrote:01 (NE) 01 | "Anywhere" - Rita Ora | 1 (1)

Amazing #1 i really do think this is the best song Rita has done yet. Up until now i have liked most of her songs but never loved them in the way i'm loving Anywhere. A very pleasant surprise and i'd love to see this go to #1 in the UK. :D
YES! Life offers few satisfactions greater than a shared No. 1 (especially when the timing lines up perfectly too!) I think that brings our total 2017 count up to four: "The Cure", "Malibu", "Look What You Made Me Do", and now "Anywhere." <3

It looks like it's doing really well on UK iTunes right now (No. 2, with a pretty sizable lead over No. 3), so hopefully it'll at least out-peak "Your Song" (which I liked well enough, but "Anywhere" is definitely in a different league.)

JakeP wrote:02 (NE) 01 | "Bedroom Floor" - Liam Payne | 2 (1)

Despite my initial reservations about this song, i found myself going back and listening again. Like i posted in my chart thread, its been more a case of "identify the american singer". :lol: It's made it into my new top 20 but i already know this definitely going to drop out next week.
Your associations are really spot-on :lol: Since I've loved several singles from both Jason and especially Adam/M5, I guess it makes sense that I've gotten hooked on this one too! SUCH a better hook/chorus/melody/basically everything than "Strip That Down."

JakeP wrote:YES! :D Amazing result for Mabel. I read your comment saying it was gonna impact so i'm so pleased to see Finders keepers becoming a bonafide Paulboard hit. :D
Your hitseeking skills really locked onto something special with this one (and just in time to give it the exposure it needed to become an official UK AND Paulboard Top 10) ;) I'd be forever grateful if you could use your powers to enlighten the American music-consuming public and help gems like this one get some recognition here in the States too...but that's probably a task too tall for any mortal man. :x :cry:

JakeP wrote:Ohh snap. :lol: Another song i was drawn to earlier in the week and as such has resulted in an entry in my chart...at #19. :P
A shared No. 1 AND No. 19 in the same week :o No small feat! It's always a treat to see anyone get into anything of Mariah's (even if this particular offering isn't doing a WHOLE lot for me. Sadly, the same could be said for a lot of her material from the 2010's, especially the soundtrack and standalone singles...)

Thanks again, Jake! :D
phoenix98
Legend

Postby phoenix98 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:55 pm

Fan wrote:Exactly that :lol: :lol: And sleep? We don't sleep a lot to be honest, too occupied with other things :wink:
:oops: Silly me!

Fan wrote:Hahahaha! Not even, no. I just think H is very cute :oops: The video's out on Youtube now, by the way. But I'm not that impressed, was expecting more.
Hmmm. Hmmmmmm. I mean...I shouldn't be too hard on H - who's obviously much cuter than your average gentleman (myself included) - but when he's standing next to/anywhere near Lee, the choice is just so crystal clear. :oops:

Ha, yeah, for such an elaborate set/premise, not a whole lot actually happens in the video, does it? Somehow this post-apocalyptic-outer-space-mass-dance-off is a tad...dull. Lee looks fab in those scenes against the car, though :oops: Especially when he smiles up at the camera as he runs his hands across his (massive) chest. Does the "To be continued..." mean we'll get at least one more video this era...?

Fan wrote:That's always nice :) I had no idea it was the next official single, never follow the charts (or the radio) anymore, so am a bit out of touch with these things!
You've really gone off-the-grid, eh? Granted, I'm definitely the same way when it comes to the radio, which I'll only use as an absolute last resort if I'm in a car and there's absolutely no way for anyone to connect their phone to the speakers. :lol:

So what's your go-to source for discovering new music?

Fan wrote:WOO for Anywhere being at #1 this week, what a TUNE. I have been playing it on repeat. I've loved Rita since RIP and she has released quite a few bangers, but both Your Song and Anywhere are something different- feels like she has finally found her musical identity. I got tickets to see her live this week as well.
YES! So you were a Day-1 fan, eh? Did you like "Hot Right Now" too? I've never managed to get into "RIP" :oops: "How We Do" was the first song of hers that I liked, then "I Will Never Let You Down" was the first (and until now, the only) one that I really loved.

NICE! Congrats! Have you ever seen her live before?

Fan wrote:And Mabel as well <3 Queen!! Finders Keepers isn't even my favourite of hers, but still a very good one. You should check out Thinking Of You, Bedroom, Begging and Low Key. She has done so many good songs already.
Ha, this ties nicely back into my earlier question of how you discover music: how've you known about Mabel for so long already? I managed to get onto my bf's Apple Music family plan, so I'll definitely add Mabel to my "must-listen" list! Streaming is so exciting, but also so overwhelming :lol: There's so much stuff I want to check out now, but I also don't want to jump around TOO quickly/still give the stuff a proper chance before moving along. So far I'm focusing on Rachel Platten's Waves and Niall's Flicker, then comes M5's Red Pill Blues...

Fan wrote:[shamelessselfpromotion]Have you already seen my girlgroup countdown? I assume there would be quite a few things you would like :P [/shamelessselfpromotion]
:lol: Whatever promo you're doing is clearly working, since your thread looks like a huge success! Congrats! Omitting both "Love Machine" AND "The Show" from a GA Top 10 is pretty blasphemous ;) but I'm really glad to see you're still stanning for "The Loving Kind." "Whole Lotta History" seems to often get over-looked too.

phoenix98
Legend

Postby phoenix98 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:00 pm

Paulboard Top 30
Chart Date: 11/03/17

• "Bedroom Floor" wins a tiebreaker with "Anywhere" to earn Liam Payne his first-ever Paulboard No. 1 (thus making him the first member of 1D to score a chart-topper on his own.)

01 (02) 02 | "Bedroom Floor" - Liam Payne | 1 (1)
02 (01) 02 | "Anywhere" - Rita Ora | 1 (1) | [G]
03 (RE) 05 | "Love So Soft" - Kelly Clarkson | 3 | [G]
04 (NE) 01 | "Heat" - Kelly Clarkson | 4
05 (05) 05 | "IDK + IDC" - Terror Jr | 2 (1) | [G]
06 (03) 03 | "You Are" - GOT7 | 1 (1) | [G]
07 (04) 02 | "Finders Keepers" - Mabel ft. Kojo Funds | 4
08 (18) 05 | "Fight And F**k" - Terror Jr | 5 | [G]
09 (NE) 01 | "I Don't Think About You" - Kelly Clarkson | 9
10 (NE) 01 | "Would You Call That Love" - Kelly Clarkson | 10
11 (NE) 01 | "Medicine" - Kelly Clarkson | 11
12 (NE) 01 | "Meaning Of Life" - Kelly Clarkson | 12
13 (NE) 01 | "Wolves" - Selena Gomez ft. Marshmello | 13
14 (NE) 01 | "Go High" - Kelly Clarkson | 14
15 (NE) 01 | "Something" - Marina Kaye | 15
16 (07) 04 | "Perfect For You" - Rachel Platten | 1 (1) | [G]
17 (NE) 01 | "Cruel" - Kelly Clarkson | 17
18 (NE) 01 | "A Minute (Intro)" - Kelly Clarkson | 18
19 (12) 02 | "Useless" - Terror Jr | 12
20 (17) 13 | "I Will Never Let You Down" - Rita Ora | 3 | [P]
21 (08) 05 | "Beautiful Trauma" - P!nk | 1 (1) | [G]
22 (NE) 01 | "Move You" - Kelly Clarkson | 22
23 (NE) 01 | "I Miss You" - Clean Bandit ft. Julia Michaels | 23
24 (16) 08 | "Let Me Go" - Hailee Steinfeld ft. Alesso, Florida Georgia Line, & watt | 1 (2) | [P]
25 (NE) 01 | "Don't You Pretend" - Kelly Clarkson | 24
26 (NE) 01 | "Didn't I" - Kelly Clarkson | 25
27 (06) 06 | "A Different Way" - DJ Snake ft. Lauv | 1 (1) | [P]
28 (09) 07 | "3 Strikes" - Terror Jr | 6 | [G]
29 (NE) 01 | "Slow Dance" - Kelly Clarkson | 29
30 (RE) 06 | "Boys" - Charli XCX | 1 (1) | [P]

[GOLD] = 25+ total plays
[PLAT] = 50+ total plays
phoenix98
Legend

Postby Tansike » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:00 pm

Damn, can’t believe it’s been over three weeks again, and even four charts I’ve missed to make a comment on! Ugh… :oops:

phoenix98 wrote:Has she set an actual date (or even a finalized title) yet? Will she go head-to-head with Charlie in Jan...? Since "Havana" is blowing up now in early/mid-October, she also can't run the risk of waiting TOO long (unless she has the perfect follow-up single waiting, but given how many different songs she had to throw out there to get this one smash, I'm not so confident about that...)
I don’t think so, but a January/February release would make the most sense for Camila, especially since “Havana” is such a huge smash now. #1 in the UK and about to get there in the US too, what a surprise!

phoenix98 wrote: :o That is HUGE. news! I guess I should've seen it coming, given how well BG has done on your chart, but it's still VERY exciting to see it confirmed.

I just checked out "Lone Ranger" for the first time, and although it probably wouldn't eclipse "Fight Song" and "Broken Glass" for me, it still sounds really good! WHY is she not bigger?!?! :x :lol:

Waves is yet another reason why I really should switch to streaming :lol: I'm REALLY tempted to give it a try thanks to "Broken Glass" and "Perfect For You", but Kelly's, Maroon 5's, and Taylor's albums are all upcoming must-buys too!
So you thought another single of hers would have been my fave? I guess you thought about “Stand By You”? I think I even prefer “Perfect For You” to that one to be honest…

YASSS very glad you checked out & liked “Lone Ranger”. You definitely have to check out “Congratulations” too, it’s another amazing pop song from her.

And now you really switched to streaming (kinda...) thanks to your partner <3 8-) I'm glad you're liking "Waves" (as you wrote down over in my topic)

phoenix98 wrote:That truly blew my mind. I'm still (slightly) convinced you had a robot or personal assistant helping you get those done...or you just never slept...

I hear you, though. When it comes to the charts I visit most regularly, it has a lot to do with my interactions/conversations with that poster, and not just the specific songs included in their chart. (Like getting all the juicy details on you + your man. Speaking of, I don't think I ever asked which of you is bigger...)
Haha… no, it was all me, but I always did it at work and it took me nearly a half day to get everything done. So… to be fair, it wasn’t the best thing to do, because my boss probably would have been not too amused about it if she would have found it out… :oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Good question! But I’m afraid I can’t tell you that because I’m pretty sure you don’t mean the height :lol:

phoenix98 wrote:I was commenting on someone's chart (marat's, I think?) a while back and completely forgot that Smoke + Mirrors even existed :lol: I kept referring to Night Visions as "their last album." "Shots" was alright, but I definitely didn't pay much attention to the S + M era otherwise.
Oops… well, you’re probably not the only one who forgot about it so that should be okay… I actually liked “Gold” the most of that release (or “Warrior”, if we include that one…)

phoenix98 wrote:We touched on our fave tracks again over in your thread, so I'll focus on the "overall" part here. Of the three recent pop-stars-go-pop/rock/country releases (Joanne, Rainbow, Younger Now), this is easily my least favorite overall :oops: For being a fairly short album, too many of the tracks are just too slow/mellow/sleep-inducing, so I think I'll have to be in a very particular mood/mindset to want to play through it. It really could've used some bangers like "Let 'Em Talk" and "Boots" on Rainbow.

I figured that I might be underwhelmed going into it (partially because both "Malibu" and especially "Younger Now" relied on their videos to really sell me on the songs), so I'm not totally shocked/devastated, but I was kind of hoping it would be another Rainbow-level pleasant surprise. I really think Kesha did this sound/style transition best...but even if that comparison wasn't available, I wouldn't be spinning Younger Now nonstop.
Oh, that’s interesting. I haven’t really think about this comparison yet, but for me it’s probably Joanne > Younger Now > Rainbow. I don’t mind that it’s such a short album, as it barely has fillers, while Kesha’s album has more songs that aren’t that good. Have you seen Miley’s SNL performance from this weekend? She did “I Would Die For You” and “Bad Mood” – the performance of the latter was amazing, and I hope she changes her mind and still releases it as a single. I’m sure it could do well if promoted right, and even if it won’t be a hit, it’s still better to release something than nothing at all & just give up on the project… :oops:

I kinda agree with you that Kesha did this transition best, but that’s probably because she hasn’t changed her style as often as GaGa and Miley did, so I’m not sure if Miley and GaGa really feel that way or if they are just doing it as others were successful, while I really believe the “Rainbow”-Kesha is like the real Kesha, how she always wanted to be and release music.
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:04 pm

Now on to the weekly charts i've missed...

phoenix98 wrote:Paulboard Top 30
Chart Date: 10/13/17

01 (NE) 01 | "Perfect For You" - Rachel Platten | 1 (1)
02 (NE) 01 | "Help Me Out" - Maroon 5 ft. Julia Michaels | 2 (1)
03 (01) 02 | "Beautiful Trauma" - P!nk | 1 (1) | [G]
06 (07) 06 | "What Lovers Do" - Maroon 5 ft. SZA | 1 (1) | [P]
07 (NE) 01 | "How Long" - Charlie Puth | 7
09 (06) 05 | "Let Me Go" - Hailee Steinfeld ft. Alesso, Florida Georgia Line, & watt | 1 (2) | [P]
11 (RE) 04 | "Thunder" - Imagine Dragons | 2 (1) | [G]
13 (04) 03 | "Enchanté (Carine)" - Fergie ft. Axl Jack | 4
14 (NE) 01 | "Believer" - Imagine Dragons | 14
16 (10) 08 | "Broken Glass" - Rachel Platten | 1 (1) | [P]
17 (15) 07 | "Look What You Made Me Do" - Taylor Swift | 1 (1) | [P]
18 (09) 02 | "Miss You So Much" - Miley Cyrus | 9
19 (RE) 02 | "Whatever It Takes" - Imagine Dragons | 19
27 (RE) 08 | "New Rules" - Dua Lipa | 1 (1) | [P]
28 (26) 23 | "Starving" - Hailee Steinfeld ft. Grey & Zedd | 1 (2) | [3xP]
30 (23) 02 | "Bad Mood" - Miley Cyrus | 23
YASSS at “Perfect For You” becoming a #1 hit on your charts :o Two #1s in a row is really impressive, congrats to Rachel! I hope there’ll be some new entries from her new album next week, as you also listened to it (as you wrote down over in my topic). Love her :cry:

So, if I would have made a comment back when this chart came out, I wouldn’t have quoted “Help Me Out” and “What Lovers Do”, because I never heard them until Maroon 5’s album came out last week, and now I actually enjoy both. The whole album is definitely better than expected (though it’s still far from being a great record to me, it’s just that I’ve never been a fan of them, so if it’s solid it’s already really good to me…. :oops: )

Great debut for Charlie, and kinda surprised Imagine Dragons’ “Believer” never made it so far. But better late than never, I guess :wink:

Chart Date: 10/20/17

22 (NE) 01 | "Just Like You" - Louis Tomlinson | 22
Going only with new and re-entries now…

So I guess you re-discovered Kesha’s album? I haven’t listened to it for 2-3 weeks or so now, and apart from “Praying” nothing really impresses me anymore. Here’s hope “Learn To Let Go” may change this again since it’s the second single now (at least in the UK). What do you think about that pick?

Wow at “Revenge” being so high. It’s clearly one of the weaker songs on “Beautiful Trauma” for me, and I think it’s a wrong choice for the second single….

Chart Date: 10/27/17

25 (RE) 02 | "Tell Me You Love Me" - Demi Lovato | 24
28 (RE) 18 | "Butterfly" - Grimes | 1 (1) | [2xP]
29 (RE) 10 | "California" - Grimes | 5 | [P]
Slay a bit, Rita :cry: :o :cool:
#1 is so deserved! And it’s so good to see “I Will Never Let You Down” and “Your Song” back as well.

Didn’t expect Liam to have such a great start with his new single. Someone really wants to be on his bedroom floor it seems :o :P

The second favorite part apart from Rita’s great start this week are Demi’s two re-entries. “Tell Me You Love Me” is like the perfect choice for the second single as it’s my favorite song on the record, while “You Don’t Do It For Me Anymore” is yet another great ballad from her. She’s really delivering some fantastic ballads in her career!

Also nice to see Grimes back. I need new music from her :cry:

Chart Date: 11/03/17

01 (02) 02 | "Bedroom Floor" - Liam Payne | 1 (1)
02 (01) 02 | "Anywhere" - Rita Ora | 1 (1) | [G]
03 (RE) 05 | "Love So Soft" - Kelly Clarkson | 3 | [G]
04 (NE) 01 | "Heat" - Kelly Clarkson | 4
09 (NE) 01 | "I Don't Think About You" - Kelly Clarkson | 9
10 (NE) 01 | "Would You Call That Love" - Kelly Clarkson | 10
11 (NE) 01 | "Medicine" - Kelly Clarkson | 11
12 (NE) 01 | "Meaning Of Life" - Kelly Clarkson | 12
13 (NE) 01 | "Wolves" - Selena Gomez ft. Marshmello | 13
14 (NE) 01 | "Go High" - Kelly Clarkson | 14
15 (NE) 01 | "Something" - Marina Kaye | 15
17 (NE) 01 | "Cruel" - Kelly Clarkson | 17
18 (NE) 01 | "A Minute (Intro)" - Kelly Clarkson | 18
22 (NE) 01 | "Move You" - Kelly Clarkson | 22
23 (NE) 01 | "I Miss You" - Clean Bandit ft. Julia Michaels | 23
25 (NE) 01 | "Don't You Pretend" - Kelly Clarkson | 24
26 (NE) 01 | "Didn't I" - Kelly Clarkson | 25
29 (NE) 01 | "Slow Dance" - Kelly Clarkson | 29
30 (RE) 06 | "Boys" - Charli XCX | 1 (1) | [P]
Wow, Kelly :o So you enjoy her album a lot, I guess? How would you compare it to her other works; and was she always such a force on your charts? Unfortunately, “Meaning Of Life” doesn’t impress me that much. It’s solid, but I think the ballads are quite boring, while only “Go High” really stands out overall.

Congrats on Liam for #1 – what a huge surprise :o
Glad Rita is still doing well too, and already gets certified with Gold for “Anywhere” :cool:

Love the debuts for “Wolves”, “Something” and “I Miss You”, three great tracks. Especially the arrival of Marina’s song makes me so damn happy – and funny that it’s a really similar debut like on Jake’s chart (#16) :D
Tansike
Legend

Postby Fan » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:58 pm

phoenix98 wrote::oops: Silly me!

[Hmmm. Hmmmmmm. I mean...I shouldn't be too hard on H - who's obviously much cuter than your average gentleman (myself included) - but when he's standing next to/anywhere near Lee, the choice is just so crystal clear. :oops:

Ha, yeah, for such an elaborate set/premise, not a whole lot actually happens in the video, does it? Somehow this post-apocalyptic-outer-space-mass-dance-off is a tad...dull. Lee looks fab in those scenes against the car, though :oops: Especially when he smiles up at the camera as he runs his hands across his (massive) chest. Does the "To be continued..." mean we'll get at least one more video this era...?

You've really gone off-the-grid, eh? Granted, I'm definitely the same way when it comes to the radio, which I'll only use as an absolute last resort if I'm in a car and there's absolutely no way for anyone to connect their phone to the speakers. :lol:

So what's your go-to source for discovering new music?

YES! So you were a Day-1 fan, eh? Did you like "Hot Right Now" too? I've never managed to get into "RIP" :oops: "How We Do" was the first song of hers that I liked, then "I Will Never Let You Down" was the first (and until now, the only) one that I really loved.

NICE! Congrats! Have you ever seen her live before?

Ha, this ties nicely back into my earlier question of how you discover music: how've you known about Mabel for so long already? I managed to get onto my bf's Apple Music family plan, so I'll definitely add Mabel to my "must-listen" list! Streaming is so exciting, but also so overwhelming :lol: There's so much stuff I want to check out now, but I also don't want to jump around TOO quickly/still give the stuff a proper chance before moving along. So far I'm focusing on Rachel Platten's Waves and Niall's Flicker, then comes M5's Red Pill Blues...

:lol: Whatever promo you're doing is clearly working, since your thread looks like a huge success! Congrats! Omitting both "Love Machine" AND "The Show" from a GA Top 10 is pretty blasphemous ;) but I'm really glad to see you're still stanning for "The Loving Kind." "Whole Lotta History" seems to often get over-looked too.

Haha, well I don't know but I have never really been into Lee I have to say :oops: He looks a bit... basic?
I know, when I saw the behind-the-scenes picture, I actually felt so excited because it looked like it was going to be an exciting one. But turned out I was wrong :lol: And it also doesn't seem to find the song at all.
Yeah- that's what I was wondering as well!! Should be, right?

I do feel like a very old man sometimes, when it comes to chart music. Used to follow the chart all the time, from various countries, but just got so bored with most of the music these days. I usually discover new music on these forum actually. Or just Twitter and such things. I think I first heard about Mabel here as well actually!

I think I was a very early Rita fan indeed. Hot Right Now was always a tune for me, but I fell in love with R.I.P. Surprised to read you didn't like that one! I am actually listening to it right now and it still sounds soo fresh. Tinie's his rap is just so cool and Rita sounds so strong and delivers the song with so much additude <3 Love that song.
I haven't seen her live before, no. So very excited. Always enjoy seeing her performances, she has a good stage presence.

I understand what you mean with streaming :lol: There is so many music to listen to that you sometimes don't even know where to start! But let me know when you listened to some of Mabel's stuff, will be curious to hear if you liked it as much as Finders Keepers.

He he, thanks! Good to hear you like The Loving Kind as well. The Show and Love Machine have never been my favourites to be honest :oops: I mean, I like them quite a lot but the girls have such a strong back catalogue that I prefer a lot of their other singles.

I decided to check out that Liam song because it's your #1, but it is absolutely dire!! :oops: Sorry, sorry. But it has to be one of the worst songs I have heard this year. Haven't had the time to check out Kelly's record, but you seem to like it quite a bit? Love So Soft is a nice song though.
Fan
Legend

Postby bluecherry » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:23 pm

"Bedroom Floor" - Liam Payne
"Anywhere" - Rita Ora
"Love So Soft" - Kelly Clarkson
"Finders Keepers" - Mabel ft. Kojo Funds
"I Will Never Let You Down" - Rita Ora
"Move You" - Kelly Clarkson
"3 Strikes" - Terror Jr
"Boys" - Charli XCX

Some great songs this week! I really like the Liam song (more than his last single), although the only 1D #1 for me (so far) has been 'PILLOW TALK'. Great to see Rita still doing phenomenally! Some other good tracks on your charts (as above).
bluecherry
Manager

Postby phoenix98 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:45 pm

Tansike wrote:Damn, can’t believe it’s been over three weeks again, and even four charts I’ve missed to make a comment on! Ugh… :oops:
:lol: Noooo worries! I love and appreciate that you're so thorough, but I don't want you feeling like you have to respond to everything you've missed whenever you post here! I worry that could have a negative compounding effect (where every time you miss a week, you'll want to comment even less, because there's more and more to catch up on...)

Tansike wrote:I don’t think so, but a January/February release would make the most sense for Camila, especially since “Havana” is such a huge smash now. #1 in the UK and about to get there in the US too, what a surprise!
**Fingers crossed** "Havana" can still pull that off here in the US! I was wondering if "Walk On Water" could pose a serious threat, but its iTunes lead isn't that massive. I guess it's been a while since Eminem had a smash without Rihanna, so I might've over-estimated its hit potential. Regardless of who takes over next, I'm just ready to see "Rockstar" step aside... :lol:

Tansike wrote:So you thought another single of hers would have been my fave? I guess you thought about “Stand By You”? I think I even prefer “Perfect For You” to that one to be honest…

YASSS very glad you checked out & liked “Lone Ranger”. You definitely have to check out “Congratulations” too, it’s another amazing pop song from her.

And now you really switched to streaming (kinda...) thanks to your partner <3 8-) I'm glad you're liking "Waves" (as you wrote down over in my topic)
Ha, yeah, that was back before I'd seen her whole discography for your chart, so I was just going off how I knew "Stand By You" had gone to No. 1 and "Fight Song" hadn't. I might've already known that "Fight Song" missed your Top 10 entirely too, which made SBY seem like the much bigger hit until I learned about their chart runs. Any rate, I'm VERY glad to know now that both "Broken Glass" and "Perfect For You" eclipse "Stand By You", since that's totally true for me too! ;)

Hmmm, "Congratulations" sounds a bit...darker, almost? It's definitely more...subdued than the likes of "Fight Song", "Broken Glass", "Perfect For You", etc. There also seems to be a slight Middle Eastern influence in some parts? I REALLY need to work on my music description vocabulary :lol: but hopefully you get what I mean!

YES! You'll be seeing a lot of/most of Waves on my latest chart. :D

Tansike wrote:Haha… no, it was all me, but I always did it at work and it took me nearly a half day to get everything done. So… to be fair, it wasn’t the best thing to do, because my boss probably would have been not too amused about it if she would have found it out… :oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Good question! But I’m afraid I can’t tell you that because I’m pretty sure you don’t mean the height :lol:
Ah, that does help explain how you found the time to comment that much...but it still required some mighty impressive endurance and focus to comment on that many charts in one sitting! I get distracted/ready to move onto something other than UKMIX after commenting on just one or two charts... :oops: :lol:

Aw. It's very kind of you to protect your partner's reputation/honor like that. ;)

Tansike wrote:Oh, that’s interesting. I haven’t really think about this comparison yet, but for me it’s probably Joanne > Younger Now > Rainbow. I don’t mind that it’s such a short album, as it barely has fillers, while Kesha’s album has more songs that aren’t that good. Have you seen Miley’s SNL performance from this weekend? She did “I Would Die For You” and “Bad Mood” – the performance of the latter was amazing, and I hope she changes her mind and still releases it as a single. I’m sure it could do well if promoted right, and even if it won’t be a hit, it’s still better to release something than nothing at all & just give up on the project… :oops:

I kinda agree with you that Kesha did this transition best, but that’s probably because she hasn’t changed her style as often as GaGa and Miley did, so I’m not sure if Miley and GaGa really feel that way or if they are just doing it as others were successful, while I really believe the “Rainbow”-Kesha is like the real Kesha, how she always wanted to be and release music.
Ah, I should've known your crush on Gaga would give her an edge! Damn, Miley KILLED "Bad Mood" :o I haven't checked out many of her live performances before, but she can clearly pull off more with her voice than I would've expected! She also looks STUNNING in that dress (and the longer hair really suits her.) "Bad Mood" wouldn't have been one of my top picks for a potential third single (I would've gone with "Thinkin" or "Love Someone" before this), but that performance definitely helped me see its potential more. It's crazy that they're completely pulling the plug on the era already...

Yeah, I suspect Warrior would've sounded more like Rainbow if it weren't for Dr. Luke's interference back then...

Tansike wrote:YASSS at “Perfect For You” becoming a #1 hit on your charts :o Two #1s in a row is really impressive, congrats to Rachel! I hope there’ll be some new entries from her new album next week, as you also listened to it (as you wrote down over in my topic). Love her :cry:

So, if I would have made a comment back when this chart came out, I wouldn’t have quoted “Help Me Out” and “What Lovers Do”, because I never heard them until Maroon 5’s album came out last week, and now I actually enjoy both. The whole album is definitely better than expected (though it’s still far from being a great record to me, it’s just that I’ve never been a fan of them, so if it’s solid it’s already really good to me…. :oops: )

Great debut for Charlie, and kinda surprised Imagine Dragons’ “Believer” never made it so far. But better late than never, I guess :wink:
Oh, you can count on some 8-) More than some...

Ah, now that's interesting, because I'm actually feeling Red Pill Blues less than their last couple albums - so by winning you over, they've pushed me away a bit :lol: I'll definitely keep revisiting the album in the coming weeks, though, in case some of these tracks are growers for me. I'm glad we're both drawn to "What Lovers Do", though!

I still can't really get into the chorus of "Believer", but the pacing of that "but they never did, ever lived..." part got stuck in my head for a while.

Tansike wrote:So I guess you re-discovered Kesha’s album? I haven’t listened to it for 2-3 weeks or so now, and apart from “Praying” nothing really impresses me anymore. Here’s hope “Learn To Let Go” may change this again since it’s the second single now (at least in the UK). What do you think about that pick?

Wow at “Revenge” being so high. It’s clearly one of the weaker songs on “Beautiful Trauma” for me, and I think it’s a wrong choice for the second single.
Yeah, that Younger Now/Rainbow comparison I drew in my mind inspired me to revisit the latter. "Learn To Let Go" makes sense. It wouldn't have been my first choice (I think "Let 'Em Talk" is catchy enough to work, and really switches up the tempo after "Praying"...or "Boots." I love "Hymn", but it might be a bit too slow to push right after "Praying.") I'm relieved they didn't go with a totally bizarre choice, at least!

At first I was surprised by all the hate for "Revenge"...but after a while, I started to see how the things about it that seemed really catchy and fun at first can get pretty annoying pretty quickly. It looks like they might be changing their mind, and I'm totally fine with that - especially if they push the title track instead! ;)

Tansike wrote:Didn’t expect Liam to have such a great start with his new single. Someone really wants to be on his bedroom floor it seems :o :P

The second favorite part apart from Rita’s great start this week are Demi’s two re-entries. “Tell Me You Love Me” is like the perfect choice for the second single as it’s my favorite song on the record, while “You Don’t Do It For Me Anymore” is yet another great ballad from her. She’s really delivering some fantastic ballads in her career!

Also nice to see Grimes back. I need new music from her :cry:
I mean...wherever and whenever he wants, tbh. :wink:

Ah, I didn't realize that "Tell Me You Love Me" had been chosen as the official next single until I saw your comment :o Would "You Don't Do It For Me Anymore" have been your next choice after TMLM, or is there anything else especially single-worthy on that album?

We really do :cry: I was posting over in bluecherry's thread about how Terror Jr have been the Paulboard breakthrough act of 2017, which was Grimes's honor last year, and I realized I hadn't revisited Art Angels in quite a while. It still sounds as amazing as ever, of course. :cry:

Tansike wrote:Wow, Kelly :o So you enjoy her album a lot, I guess? How would you compare it to her other works; and was she always such a force on your charts? Unfortunately, “Meaning Of Life” doesn’t impress me that much. It’s solid, but I think the ballads are quite boring, while only “Go High” really stands out overall.

Congrats on Liam for #1 – what a huge surprise :o
Glad Rita is still doing well too, and already gets certified with Gold for “Anywhere” :cool:

Love the debuts for “Wolves”, “Something” and “I Miss You”, three great tracks. Especially the arrival of Marina’s song makes me so damn happy – and funny that it’s a really similar debut like on Jake’s chart (#16) :D
Well...Meaning Of Life isn't the Kelly that I love...but I knew that going into it, and Kelly clearly didn't love being the Kelly that I loved, so a part of me appreciates that she's pulled me a little outside of my comfort zone with this more soulful album. There's an energy/attitude throughout many of the songs that kept me coming back, and although I still prefer her pop/rock and pop/dance-leaning material, I managed to genuinely enjoy some of this side of her as well. She has quite a few prior Paulboard hits to her name, including four No. 1's: "Mr. Know It All", "You Love Me", "Catch My Breath", and "People Like Us." "What Doesn't Kill You (Stronger)" stalled at No. 2, but is one of her longest-lasting entries.

Yeah, even though Liam managed to knock Rita off her perch, she had a much stronger first week, which allowed her to get certified first.

You definitely deserve 100% of the credit for that one! Thanks again for giving me a reason to check it out. :D

Thanks again, Tansike! :D
phoenix98
Legend

Return to Personal Charts