Moderators: Spartan, menime123

Postby Loveguru » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:46 am

it's a cute reboot but the gay stereotype jokes are soooooo tired and late tbh
Forever Young
Loveguru
Legend

Postby RayRay » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:09 pm

nekoocz wrote:I enjoyed every episode so far
So did I. Great to see many jokes are about recent happenings.
I'm surprised how they're not scared of what they say.
RayRay
Superstar

Postby BehindBreakaway » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:11 am

I loved it. Sad but beautifully done. I hope the actress changed her mind. She could come back as a ghost and haunt Karen.
3 months and I'm still sober, picked all my weeds but kept the flowers!
BehindBreakaway
Personal Assistant

Postby JSparksFan » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:24 am

BehindBreakaway wrote:I loved it. Sad but beautifully done. I hope the actress changed her mind. She could come back as a ghost and haunt Karen.
That would be fun! :lol:
"Love yourself so that love will not be a stranger when it comes, and it will come."

Akini's Top 100 Songs of 2017: [65-61]
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Ewokguy15 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:49 am

Hugo wrote:I've enjoyed all the episodes, but it's missing something. The characters still act like they're in their early 30s, I mean the entire cast is close to or well over 50.
Should Will and Grace be sitting down watching TV knitting?

Latest episode was one of the funniest ever even though it was kinda heartbreaking with Rosario dying. Minnie Driver was hilarious and the Britney quip was rather funny (and true).

Show is still as fresh as ever.
Ewokguy15
Manager

Postby Wayne » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:12 am

I was in hysterics during the Lorraine/Karen scenes.

"I heard as soon as I came" :lol:

Haven't caught up with the eps yet, just felt compelled to watch the most recent one given it was Rosario's send off. Watched it here: https://putlocker-hd.is/episodes/will-g ... episode-6/
Wayne
Administrator

Postby BehindBreakaway » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:23 pm

Wayne wrote:I was in hysterics during the Lorraine/Karen scenes.

"I heard as soon as I came" :lol:

Haven't caught up with the eps yet, just felt compelled to watch the most recent one given it was Rosario's send off. Watched it here: https://putlocker-hd.is/episodes/will-g ... episode-6/
Omg yes. Lorraine is HILARIOUS!!
BehindBreakaway
Personal Assistant

Postby menime123 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:27 pm

RayRay wrote:
nekoocz wrote:I enjoyed every episode so far
So did I. Great to see many jokes are about recent happenings.
I'm surprised how they're not scared of what they say.
They never were scared though, and why should they be? The worst happened - it ended and this is just the encore. Plus, when the POTUS is besties with Karen Walker, it’s all fair game:

Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
menime123
Superstar

Postby menime123 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:28 pm

So sad they killed off Rosie. I’d have loved one more argument. Here’s hoping at some point Karen actually gets drunk and hallucinates her. I like backup maid though, I think she’ll be fun :lol:
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
menime123
Superstar

Postby Simon89 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:06 pm

I have to say that when I watched the first 2 episodes I found it boring and ventured, I didn’t like the elimination of all the last season... I thought that it would have started with Will and Grace’s sons and with them married with Vince and Leo... after two episodes I accustomed to the story and I found it funny.. the last one was hilarious. I loved the Karen’s “sorry I’m late I came when I wanted to” ahahahahah
Simon89
Roadie

Postby nekoocz » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:49 am

Simon89 wrote:I have to say that when I watched the first 2 episodes I found it boring and ventured, I didn’t like the elimination of all the last season... I thought that it would have started with Will and Grace’s sons and with them married with Vince and Leo... after two episodes I accustomed to the story and I found it funny.. the last one was hilarious. I loved the Karen’s “sorry I’m late I came when I wanted to” ahahahahah
Its everything just not boring or ventured.
I am glad they did not follow up the ending od season 8
nekoo.cz - follow me
nekoocz
Legend

Postby menime123 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:41 pm

If It had picked up where it left off, they could have killed Vince off (killed at work?) and had Grace divorce Leo (again) for cheating (again) and their married kids could be living away from New York - I think it would have been cool to see their lives break down and need each other again, putting them back where they all started - alone but together.

In all honesty ignoring the original ending just gives them a chance to bring back Beverley Leslie, as we don’t need Stan, and Jack being rich wasn’t a bad thing - he could have easily lost it all funding a ‘Just Jack’ Broadway run, and Karen could be married to another unseen billionaire (or perhaps even Trump’s mistress).

As much as I love that the show is back it’s sort of a bit sad knowing neither Will or Grace got their happy ending with a family and kids they both craved for years during the original run. I’d have liked the parallel with their kids popping in (as guest stars) criticising their parents’ lives in much the same way Will’s parents and Grace’s mother used to.
menime123
Superstar

Postby RayRay » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:10 pm

^ I think it's never a good idea to "delete" what happened before.
It's like Dallas where a whole season was dreamt...
RayRay
Superstar

Postby menime123 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:56 pm

RayRay wrote:^ I think it's never a good idea to "delete" what happened before.
It's like Dallas where a whole season was dreamt...
It started with Karen in a trance... maybe she’s still in one until it gets cancelled again :lol:
menime123
Superstar

Postby RayRay » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:02 pm

Why is Rosario written off? Is the actress still alive?
RayRay
Superstar

Postby Wayne » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:06 pm

She is very much still alive - she just didn't want to be a part of the show, she's retired.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby nekoocz » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:45 pm

Are there only 6 episodes in season 9?
nekoo.cz - follow me
nekoocz
Legend

Postby menime123 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:20 pm

nekoocz wrote:Are there only 6 episodes in season 9?
No, 16. US tv schedules are strange. I believe they’re taking a month off and it’s back in December, then breaking again until the new year.
menime123
Superstar

Postby menime123 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:15 pm

Picked up by Channel 5 in the UK :D

Episodes to be screened between Cekebrity Big Brother episodes, so probably between Friday results and interview episodes.
menime123
Superstar

Postby BehindBreakaway » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:19 pm

Finally a UK channel!!!
BehindBreakaway
Personal Assistant

Postby WEDway82 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:15 pm

Excellent news! And thank goodness its one with HD. Hot In Cleveland was terrible on the Sony Channel.
"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney
WEDway82
Roadie

Postby menime123 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:27 pm

I can only assume the delay has been because they wanted more money for the rights. Channel 5 wouldn’t have paid a huge amount for it - at best they can only hope for around 1M viewers.
menime123
Superstar

Postby nekoocz » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:34 pm

Come on, where are the new episodes?
nekoo.cz - follow me
nekoocz
Legend

Postby Ewokguy15 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:47 pm

There was a new one yesterday
Ewokguy15
Manager

Postby menime123 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:19 am

Starts in the UK 5th Jan :D
menime123
Superstar

Return to TV