The Random Thought Thread

Moderators: biscuits, Spartan

Postby Shorty » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:54 am

Yo guys :D

I'm back! (again lol) I know I'm so in and out these days it's ridiculous but ya know, my life has been up and down what with the hit and run and all. But good news! I'm like 85% back to normal!!! :D I've been at physio since July and I can finally use my right arm again :lol:

It does ultimately mean I've wasted the entire second half of 2017 cos I couldn't work, but what can you do?

My 2018 is gonna be a lot better I just know it. Already got plans in place to go to New Orleans for Wrestlemania 34 so woo! :D

Also this place has changed a bit, quick reply box added since I was last here :lol:
I've now met Dean Ambrose FOUR TIMES - 28/03/15, 02/04/16, 20/08/16 & 01/04/17!!
Shorty
Resident WWE Fan

Postby MusicRecords » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:04 am

Shorty wrote:Yo guys :D

I'm back! (again lol) I know I'm so in and out these days it's ridiculous but ya know, my life has been up and down what with the hit and run and all. But good news! I'm like 85% back to normal!!! :D I've been at physio since July and I can finally use my right arm again :lol:

It does ultimately mean I've wasted the entire second half of 2017 cos I couldn't work, but what can you do?

My 2018 is gonna be a lot better I just know it. Already got plans in place to go to New Orleans for Wrestlemania 34 so woo! :D

Also this place has changed a bit, quick reply box added since I was last here :lol:
Glad to know you're doing better hun, hope you recover quickly and I like your confidence and determination! :D :D And yes best wishes for 2018
MusicRecords
Legend

Postby MusicRecords » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:05 am

stevyy wrote:
MusicRecords wrote:stevyy trying to cover up all the shade Mariah is getting :lol:
http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/16/32/480x240/landscape-1470732999-pokemon-go.gif
darling, you need to be a little bit nicer to me. :cry: (quoted from Mariah Carey, 2005)
Love ya! :lol: <3
MusicRecords
Legend

Postby Colbie » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:09 am

Glad your back sweetie!
Also glad to hear your doing better!
Yeah it just changed a few days ago!
Mic Mic Bungee
Colbie
Superstar

Postby Wayne » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:15 am

Hi Meg, pleased to see you’re going okay and good to have you at UKMIX again!
Wayne
Administrator

Postby TheRealest » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:23 am

Bitches stay pressed
I call em a space bar
TheRealest
The Queen

Postby Serby » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:20 am

TheRealest wrote:Bitches stay pressed
I call em a space bar
:lol: :lol: or panini, like hugo said once. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I sometimes wonder how does it feel like to listen to all these lyrics when you are a native speaker? Half of the stuff I stan for would be a hell naw in Serbian, like i.e. let me put my seed inside you, let me cum inside you from SZA's Love Galore, yet in English it sounds like art. :lol: Not to mention any song about the D etc. Must be a cultural thing, like, it fits the American culture etc, whereas in Serbia it sounds so eww and as if someone is trying to be all street.
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby spiritboy » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:57 am

Some of you guys act like Madonna's having great success these days. Her album sales decline, she can't score a hit single and for the first time in ages, Madonna didn't have the top grossing female tour. Let's not downplay other artists just because they aren't performing as good as they used to be.

As far as sales go, Céline Dion is the most consistent diva. She has French and Canada markets to fall back to and those two markets will ensure she'll sell 500k of her next English album. Madonna won't score another 1 million selling album imo, her albums are frontloaded and she can't have hit songs to give the album legs anymore. Mariah has no one but herself to blame for the situation of her career. She was huge in Europe during Music Box era and if she kept on touring there, she could've guaranteed herself some success for her later albums. Janet is pretty irrelevant at this point, the only market she does good is America. She should focus on that market.

At the end of the day these ladies all had enormous success and longevity that acts like Katy Perry and Lady Gaga can only dream of.
spiritboy
Legend

Postby DOSSOME » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:32 pm

Welcome back sis
Errr...Nice attempt but sit anyway
DOSSOME
Legend

Postby biscuits » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:19 pm

Janet's the most respected of those aging divas now
biscuits
The Diva

Postby BlankSpace » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:26 pm

biscuits wrote:Janet's the most respected of those aging divas now
Celine Dion says Hii
Grammy for the Album of the Year goes to BEYONCÉ
and now you should probably wake up
Good Morning
BlankSpace
Manager

Postby Wayne » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:43 pm

She’s even less respected than Mariah.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby MrLeonix » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:45 pm

Wayne wrote:
+1 :lol:
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . U2 . Radiohead . Lenny Kravitz . Led Zeppelin . Daft Punk . Oasis . Eminem . Metallica . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby biscuits » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:55 pm

Wayne wrote:
Try google
biscuits
The Diva

Postby DOSSOME » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:09 pm

+1
DOSSOME
Legend

Postby ArmyOfMe » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:15 pm

ArmyOfMe
Superstar

Postby MrLeonix » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:17 pm

Celine and Madonna are the only ones that keep getting respect from the entire music industry these days. Celine for being such a professional with great image and public relations (plus everyone loves her voice) and Madonna for the Legend she is, every new girl in the industry kiss her ass, she enters a room and everyone stands up, and every year articles of her influence and legacy come out.

Some trolls on Instagram or Youtube don't determine which legends are respected in the industry or not, Madonna may receive a lot of hate on the internet, but the industry clearly has total massive respect for her (this woman was even inducted to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame).
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . U2 . Radiohead . Lenny Kravitz . Led Zeppelin . Daft Punk . Oasis . Eminem . Metallica . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby Wayne » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:18 pm

It's Celine and Madge and it's not even close.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby DOSSOME » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:21 pm

ArmyOfMe wrote:Image

PREACH!!!
DOSSOME
Legend

Postby menime123 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:22 pm

spiritboy wrote:Some of you guys act like Madonna's having great success these days. Her album sales decline, she can't score a hit single and for the first time in ages, Madonna didn't have the top grossing female tour. Let's not downplay other artists just because they aren't performing as good as they used to be.

As far as sales go, Céline Dion is the most consistent diva. She has French and Canada markets to fall back to and those two markets will ensure she'll sell 500k of her next English album. Madonna won't score another 1 million selling album imo, her albums are frontloaded and she can't have hit songs to give the album legs anymore. Mariah has no one but herself to blame for the situation of her career. She was huge in Europe during Music Box era and if she kept on touring there, she could've guaranteed herself some success for her later albums. Janet is pretty irrelevant at this point, the only market she does good is America. She should focus on that market.

At the end of the day these ladies all had enormous success and longevity that acts like Katy Perry and Lady Gaga can only dream of.

Madonna is quite clearly far too busy counting her money from her last tour to care about whether or not she had a top grossing tour :lol:

She still has the record for highest grossing female tour, during which she played many stadiums. Last time she did not :roll:
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
menime123
Superstar

Postby Wayne » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:22 pm

That review of Loved Me Back To Life is a lot more generous than I'd be so I'll take it. :lol:
Wayne
Administrator

Postby MrLeonix » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:24 pm

Metacritic doesn't mean anything for "respect". It just dictates a consesus of how good one specific album may or may not be. But it doesn't reflects the overall respect the artist receives in the music industry. I could provide you examples of less respected artists that have received higher scores on metacritic than those.
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby DOSSOME » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:27 pm

MrLeonix wrote: I could provide you examples of less respected artists that have received higher scores on metacritic than those.
Please do
DOSSOME
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:29 pm

DOSSOME wrote:
MrLeonix wrote: I could provide you examples of less respected artists that have received higher scores on metacritic than those.
Please do
Britney's Glory received 71/100 on metacritic , she's definately less respected than Celine Dion is. Metacritic doesn't reflect respect, it just reflects critical feedback for one specific album.
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby BlueScorpion » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:34 pm

Janet is respected. She may not be blazing the charts but her legacy speaks for herself and every new Urban artist pays damn respect to her.
"Side effects be drowsiness / Loneliness / How is this? / I think they call it hateration / What can you prescribe for this?"
BlueScorpion
Superstar

Return to The Lounge