The Random Thought Thread

Moderators: biscuits, Spartan

Postby DOSSOME » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:54 pm

MrLeonix wrote:
DOSSOME wrote:
MrLeonix wrote: I could provide you examples of less respected artists that have received higher scores on metacritic than those.
Please do
Britney's Glory received 71/100 on metacritic , she's definately less respected than Celine Dion is. Metacritic doesn't reflect respect, it just reflects critical feedback for one specific album.
So what criteria do you use to determine Respect?
Errr...Nice attempt but sit anyway
DOSSOME
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:32 pm

DOSSOME wrote:So what criteria do you use to determine Respect?
I think it depends because I feel like every musical genre has different meassures for respect, for example, if you want to gain respect in the hip hop community you gotta get street credibility, if you want respect in the Rock or Alternative world your talent is what matters ...... However in the Pop scene your reputation and longevity influence a lot in the amount of respect you may end receiving. Its not a coincidence that the divas that always get the most respect tend to have a perfect reputation in the way they've managed their careers (Beyonce, Celine, Adele, Madonna, etc). Longevity also seems to be a variant of respect in the pop world.

Celine builded her reputation all of these years, she was always professional, always slays on stage, her voice is still great, she doesn't have any scandal, she showed responsibility for her career and lasted long in the business, she can't go wrong and the music industry will always respect that, it doesn't matter what one critic review has to say, that respect just won't go away.

Madonna also builded a reputation as a powerful woman, she became an example of how to handle a career with extreme professionalism, creativity and high quality, she was controversial but was never involved in drugs or professional fiascos and in fact she represents responsibility, good handling and power, she always pulls amazing shows and tours and her skills took her to have one of the greatest longevities in the music business which brings her respect and reverence. People on internet may hate her but the music industry itself will always show respect to her no matter what.
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . U2 . Radiohead . Lenny Kravitz . Led Zeppelin . Daft Punk . Oasis . Eminem . Metallica . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby TheRealest » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:59 pm

At the end of the day, Mariah and Janet definitely deserve more respect than they are given. Don’t care about the other bitches.
TheRealest
The Queen

Postby BlankSpace » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:08 pm

they all deserve equal respect. Period.
Grammy for the Album of the Year goes to BEYONCÉ
and now you should probably wake up
Good Morning
BlankSpace
Manager

Postby spiritboy » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:09 pm

It's their fault though.
spiritboy
Legend

Postby TheRealest » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:11 pm

BlankSpace wrote:they all deserve equal respect. Period.
Nah.
TheRealest
The Queen

Postby Hugo » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:14 pm

One has always displayed incredible talent and reinvention skills and the others aren't Madonna.
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby TheRealest » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:23 pm

Hugo wrote:One has always displayed incredible talent and reinvention skills and the others aren't Janet.
TheRealest
The Queen

Postby DOSSOME » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:26 pm

Janet influenced Michael Jackson... None of the others can relate 8-)
DOSSOME
Legend

Postby spiritboy » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:34 pm

Too bad she couldn't stay relevant like her brother :lol:

Madonna, on the other hand influenced many generations of female artists and she's the blueprint of a female pop artist. I think that's more than enough 8-)
spiritboy
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:37 pm

DOSSOME wrote:Janet influenced Michael Jackson... None of the others can relate 8-)
Michael influenced Janet, she dances like him and she even sings like him :lol:
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . U2 . Radiohead . Lenny Kravitz . Led Zeppelin . Daft Punk . Oasis . Eminem . Metallica . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby DOSSOME » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:37 pm

spiritboy wrote:Madonna, on the other hand influenced many generations of female artists
nah... its only Gaga and Kesha :lol:
DOSSOME
Legend

Postby DOSSOME » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:41 pm

MrLeonix wrote:
DOSSOME wrote:Janet influenced Michael Jackson... None of the others can relate 8-)
Michael influenced Janet, she dances like him and she even sings like him :lol:
WOW, she's the female Michael Jackson :o :o
DOSSOME
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:42 pm

DOSSOME wrote:
spiritboy wrote:Madonna, on the other hand influenced many generations of female artists
Madonna influenced Kylie Minogue, Britney Spears, Gwen Stefani, Lady Gaga, Rihanna, Christina Aguilera, Katy Perry, basically every pop girl.

DOSSOME wrote:WOW, she's the female Michael Jackson :o :o
Nah, thats Beyonce. Janet is Michael's sister.
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby RayRay » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:47 pm

Madonna: Queen of Pop, more hits than anyone can dream of.

Mariah Carey: Songbird Supreme, more records than anyone can dream of.

Celine Dion: Not even the Titanic could bring her down, instead it brought her an even more legendary status.

Whitney Houston: The Voice, I Will Always Love her.

Janet Jackson: The one who taught me how to dance. Still an inspiration to me on the dance floor.

I love them all so much and have nothing but respect for those incredible iconic ladies.
Back in the 80's/90's they saved my life.
Fast forward to 2017 and they are still among my most played artists of the last two years.
According to my.last.fm since August 2015:
1. Mariah Carey
2. Madonna
3. Celine Dion
8. Whitney Houston
9. Janet Jackson
RayRay
Superstar

Postby spiritboy » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:54 pm

As far as their discographies go, Whitney comes after Madonna for me. While not a fan of her albums, her singles are very strong. I like 3 albums from Mariah (Music Box, Daydream and Butterfly) and Janet (Janet, The Velvet Rope and All For You), 2 albums from Céline (FIY and LTAL). Tbh, i'm not familiar with early eras of Mariah, Janet and Céline.
spiritboy
Legend

Postby RayRay » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:00 pm

spiritboy wrote:As far as their discographies go, Whitney comes after Madonna for me. While not a fan of her albums, her singles are very strong. I like 3 albums from Mariah (Music Box, Daydream and Butterfly) and Janet (Janet, The Velvet Rope and All For You), 2 albums from Céline (FIY and LTAL). Tbh, i'm not familiar with early eras of Mariah, Janet and Céline.
So you missed their best era's? :o :o :o

Now get to their best albums:
Mariah Carey / Mariah Carey
Control / Janet Jackson
celine dion / Celine Dion
RayRay
Superstar

Postby DOSSOME » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:02 pm

MrLeonix wrote:
DOSSOME wrote:
Madonna influenced Kylie Minogue, Britney Spears, Gwen Stefani, Lady Gaga, Rihanna, Christina Aguilera, Katy Perry, basically every pop girl.
Right... And Janet influenced Michael, Aaliyah, *NSYNC, Britney, Christina, Ciara, Mya, Beyonce, Missy etc.. So
DOSSOME
Legend

Postby ArmyOfMe » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:21 pm

DOSSOME wrote:
MrLeonix wrote:
DOSSOME wrote:
Right... And Janet influenced Michael, Aaliyah, *NSYNC, Britney, Christina, Ciara, Mya, Beyonce, Missy etc.. So
And Céline influenced... Leona Lewis
ArmyOfMe
Superstar

Postby Odyssey » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:39 pm

Dear God not another stupid which diva is better discussion. They were all great, everyone of them had to offer something amazing and unique to them. None is better or worse than the other. They all sold millions of records and inspired whole bunch of other artists. You choose your diva according to your preferences and that's all there is to it. No need for a bitch fest every time.
Odyssey
Personal Assistant

Postby MusicRecords » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:42 pm

Random thought:

The Power of Goodbye is one of Madonna’s best yet most underrated songs :D it’s so beautiful
MusicRecords
Legend

Postby Carbon » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:45 pm

Odyssey wrote:Dear God not another stupid which diva is better discussion. They were all great, everyone of them had to offer something amazing and unique to them. None is better or worse than the other. They all sold millions of records and inspired whole bunch of other artists. You choose your diva according to your preferences and that's all there is to it. No need for a bitch fest every time.
!!!

Can't believe the same old discussion keeps cropping up here

However, I did laugh at Zoran's Celine/Leona comment :lol: :lol:

P.S. The Power of Bye is truly one of Maddy's greatest
Ја кријам главата под шалот.
Само на веѓите ми се гледа
дека мислам на тебе.

last.fm

Carbon's 2017 Faves
- check it out!
Carbon
Legend

Postby RayRay » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:49 pm

MusicRecords wrote:Random thought:

The Power of Goodbye is one of Madonna’s best yet most underrated songs :D it’s so beautiful
Don't know if it is underrated, but it is one of her most beautiful.
RayRay
Superstar

Postby MusicRecords » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:53 pm

RayRay wrote:
MusicRecords wrote:Random thought:

Don't know if it is underrated, but it is one of her most beautiful.
Well among her fans it’s well known but for the general public they don’t even know it as much like her big hits :lol:
MusicRecords
Legend

Postby DOSSOME » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:55 pm

Odyssey wrote:Dear God not another stupid which diva is better discussion. They were all great, everyone of them had to offer something amazing and unique to them. None is better or worse than the other. They all sold millions of records and inspired whole bunch of other artists. You choose your diva according to your preferences and that's all there is to it. No need for a bitch fest every time.
Give it a few days and see the same debate pop up in the Unpopular Opinions thread :-?
DOSSOME
Legend

Return to The Lounge