Magnus's Top 30 w 45: Клава & Kacey gaining back some ground

Moderators: JSparksFan, tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby Magnus » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:57 pm

Wow, instead of a 4th consecutive week with zero comments I suddenly get four comments the same week! Many thanks to Tansike, Blondini, Mainshow and trebor!

Comment replies and the chart update for week 46 have been postponed until tomorrow evening.

Since I'm obviously having trouble posting on Mondays lately I will just go ahead and make Tuesday the standard posting day for my chart from now on, although I reserve the right to sometimes post on a Monday if that's more convenient that particular week!
Magnus
Manager

Postby Magnus » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:44 pm

Tansike wrote:It's still on my list (Aly & AJ album) and usually i have enough time for older things during Christmas holiday, which is often the time i try to check out as much as possible, and often also old things (from artist i only discovered recently but who have released stuff in their past). There's no pressure, as i really want to check them out, however the time right now is so busy with like 3 or more new albums that i want to check out or i'm looking forward to every week :cry:
Unacceptable! I demand that you drop everything else you might be doing and listen to it RIGHT NOW! (Joking of course!)

Tansike wrote:So it's a secret? (learning Russian) :P
Yup. When you're planning to become a spy for a foreign country it is not a good idea to talk about it on a public forum using your real first name. (Oops!) (Joking of course!)

Tansike wrote:Oh, i knew about that boost shortly before songs become ineligible to chart, however it's interesting that it got a bigger boost as it was 'forgotten'. Makes sense though, probably similar to when you listen to a song all the time, you get faster tired of it, so you won't listen to it as soon as you do to a song you're not sick of it (if that makes sense... :oops: )
Yeah, makes sense. Ideally I would always stop listening to a song before I got sick of it, so it rarely happens. It's much harder, due to time constraints and practical matters, to not listen too little to many songs, which means that there is a very large (and constantly growing) number of songs in my database that have the potential to suddenly get a lot of plays again when I "rediscover" them. This happened to Hilary Duff's "Breathe In, Breathe Out" last week, due to the lyrics it has in common with Taylor's "Getaway Car". (Dead serious.)

Tansike wrote:...i already took a look at your current chart before writing these replies and it looks like despite you being less excited for "Reputation", she still won you over again :)
Yeah, as I hoped it turned out that the first single was one of the very worst songs on the album (it's between that one and "End Game") and that there was one song with clear #1 potential (although so far blocked from actually becoming #1). I still would not rate this album among Taylor's best though (it could even be her worst).

Tansike wrote:Also great to see Shania's new album on your charts. I guess you're familiar with her previous works, are you? I only know her singles and still need to get some of her other albums, however i really enjoy "Now" a lot.
I actually never checked out her early stuff, but I'm very familiar with the previous two albums Come On Over (which was one of the first country albums I bought, in 1998) and Up! (which includes my 2002 YEC #1). Compared to those the new album is a complete non-event for me, although I already had low expectations after she had been gone for so long.

Tansike wrote:LOVE Marina's success! A #2 debut for "Explicit" looks awesome and is the same entry position like on my charts. It's also impressive because she 'only' has one song on the main chart, so i guess you played the whole albums quite often instead of just one or two tracks.
Also fantastic to see "My Sweet Mystery" actually rising in the second week :o

What caused the re-entry for "Shuffle The Cards"? :)
Actually I haven't listened to the full album since the first week I heard it; the continued success is more due to "Miracle" and "Merci quand même". The return for Shuffle the Cards was a surprise to me too; it was just due to a lot of listening to songs from recent years where most (possibly all; haven't checked) songs on the album happened to get plays that week.

Tansike wrote:Wow, and "The Dark Element" keeps on rising <3
Nice entry for Taylor and Lenka. Cute song and cute album, though both artists already released (much) better stuff IMO.
Yeah, "My Sweet Mystery" has worked really well for several weeks, possibly because it sounds different from all other songs on the chart at the moment. Lenka's album made a weaker impression than her last one from 2015 (which made it to #7 and also had two songs reaching the top 30) but was still a nice listen from what I remember.

Tansike wrote:I didn't expect Taylor to have such a great start on your charts, but congrats to her. While i like the album, it's clearly not as good as i was hoping for. Even after several spins i'm still not that much into it, which never happened with a Taylor album so far.

Amazing return for Hilary Duff's Album!
This is the first album Taylor releases while I've been posting my chart here, but she's been having similar or greater initial sucess with the three previous albums (12 songs from Speak Now, all 19 from Red and all 16 from 1989. On the other hand, only a handful of her songs ("Fearless", "Haunted" and a few from Red) have stayed 20 weeks or more and most have left well before reaching 10 weeks. Probably that will happen now as well; I really only see "Getaway Car" still having a chance to chart in 2018.

Tansike wrote:Is there a chance you may check out The Dark Element's album? It came out last friday as well :)
Definitely! I actually checked to see if it had already been released when "My Sweet Mystery" first charted. Later on I was busy and forgot to listen when the release actually happened, but now I've listened to it and it was quite good overall and with one or two other songs that has a decent chance of entering next week!

Blondini wrote:Dress should be higher (so to speak!). Marina's album is not as good as Fearless for me.
Unfortunately I'll have to disagree with you there. "Dress" is in the lower half of the songs on the album for me and I found Marina's new album stronger, although possibly only because of two songs ("Miracle" and "Merci quand même").

Mainshow wrote:Wow! - I had no clue you are that crazy about Taylor! - We seem to have the same favourites. "Delicate" is awesome. I hope it will get the single treatement at some point this era!
The clues were there if you knew where to look :wink:. It's true though that I completely ignored her the first year I was posting my chart here (2015), while the (seemingly) endless stream of singles from 1989 impacted other charts. (All those songs had already charted on my chart at the album release in October 2014 and never returned later.)

Great that you agree on the top songs on the album! Although in general I don't care that much about single releases (after the album has already been released) I would really like "Getaway Car" to become a single, preferably in late spring or the summer (2019 is ok :lol:). "Delicate" and "I Did Something Bad" also sound like clear singles to me.

trebor wrote:Hej Magnus! :D
I'm totally in a rush and actually only wanted to say hello... 8-)
Anyhow:
A) Can't believe you are charting Meghan Patrick ahead of me... ( :lol: ) [You're extremely fast! :D ] She will debut in my chart this week (chart not updated!)
B) Stephanie Quayle's "Selfish" is a single and it's G-R-E-A-T! Have a feeling this song may go Top 40 or even Top 30 in my chart. (It's moving very fast on the secondary US Country airplay chart) I'm glad for her it's doing so well (so to speak) since "Winnebago" was sort of meh! for me.
Hej då!
Ha ha, sorry for "stealing" Meghan Patrick; I had never heard of her before you mentioned her last spring. Once an artist has already had success on my chart I usually find new releases by them on the day they're released to Spotify. A really great new single from her! I really didn't expect to like another of her songs (almost?) as much as "Breaking Records"!

Just listened again to "Selfish", as I didn't clearly remember it from when I listened to the album. It's really nice! Will definitely get more plays. Yeah, "Winnebago" was meh for me too.
Last edited by Magnus on Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Magnus
Manager

Postby Magnus » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:45 pm

Top 30 for Week 46 2017 (13th – 19th November)
Chart #: 933, Volume: 811

Meghan Patrick stays #1.

Emmelie de Forest is back with a new single and Aly & AJ returns with one of the songs from their now released EP.

 1   (1) Meghan Patrick – Country Music Made Me Do It (3 weeks, peak #1 x2) S V
 2   (2) Alyssa Micaela – Clean Break (6 weeks, peak #1 x4) S A
 3   (3) Taylor Swift – Getaway Car
 4   (4) Catherine McGrath – Talk of This Town (6 weeks, peak #2) S V
 5   (5) Echosmith – Get Into My Car (6 weeks, peak #3) S V
 6   (6) Scavenger Hunt – Eyes Wide Open (5 weeks, peak #4) S A
 7   (7) Phoebe Ryan – James Has Changed (6 weeks, peak #5) S A
 8  (12) Kate Todd – You're Gonna Find Out (19 weeks, peak #1 x5) S V
 9  (13) Beatrice Egli – Keiner küsst mich (5 weeks) S
10  (10) Marina Kaye – Miracle (4 weeks, peak #7) S
11  (17) Maia – Du' kærlighed for mig (40 weeks, peak #1 x12) S A
12  (11) The Dark Element – My Sweet Mystery (5 weeks, peak #8) S V
13  (14) Юля Волкова – Следуй за мной (6 weeks, peak #6) A
14  (24) Marina Kaye – Merci quand même (6 weeks) S
15  (21) Taylor Swift – ...Ready For It? (11 weeks, peak #6) S V
16   (9) Taylor Swift – I Did Something Bad
17 (NE) Emmelie de Forest – Sanctuary S
18  (27) Taylor Swift – Gorgeous (4 weeks) S A
19  (22) Kellie Pickler – If It Wasn't for a Woman (6 weeks, peak #11) S
20  (RE) Aly & AJ – I Know (2 weeks, peak #20) S A
21  (26) Maroon 5 with Julia Michaels – Help Me Out (6 weeks, peak #13) S A
22   (8) Taylor Swift – Delicate
23  (28) Poppy – Fuzzy (5 weeks, peak #16) S A
24  (30) Olivia Holt – Generous (5 weeks, peak #18) S V
25  (16) Taylor Swift – Dancing with Our Hands Tied
26  (15) Taylor Swift – Call It What You Want (3 weeks) S A
27  (29) Kat Stephie – Uden dig (10 weeks, peak #7) S A
28  (18) Taylor Swift – Don't Blame Me
29  (23) Taylor Swift – King of My Heart
30  (19) Taylor Swift – So It Goes...

Bubblers:
These are songs that have not yet charted, are at most 30 positions behind the chart and closer now than last week, listed in alphabetical order.
Aly & AJ – Promises S A
Aly & AJ – The Distance S A
Cappa – Waste My Time S
Chelsea Lankes – Matches S A
Ina Wroldsen & Broiler – Lay It on Me (2016) S V
Jada Facer – Hopeless S A
Kelsea Ballerini – Get Over Yourself S A
Megan McKenna – Far Cry from Love S A
Poppy – Pop Music S A
Taylor Swift – New Year's Day
The Dark Element – Heaven of Your Heart S
The Dark Element – Only One Who Knows Me S
The Dark Element – Someone You Used to Know S

Dropouts:
-- (20) Taylor Swift – Dress (1 week)
-- (25) Taylor Swift – This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things (1 week)

Chart History for Emmelie de Forest

Song Title | Entered (week, year) | Peak Position | Weeks on Chart | Year End Chart Position
Only Teardrops | 17, 2013 | 1 | 23 | 2
Haunted Heart | 19, 2013 | 1 | 53 | 1Projected #1 for the 2010's decade
Change | 19, 2013 | 2 | 33 | 4
Force of Nature | 19, 2013 | 3 | 31 | 12
What Are You Waiting For | 19, 2013 | 4 | 31 | 14
Let It Fall | 19, 2013 | 6 | 20 | 17
Beat the Speed of Sound | 19, 2013 | 7 | 20 | 28
Hunter & Prey | 19, 2013 | 6 | 19 | 33
Soldier of Love | 19, 2013 | 6 | 19 | 29
Running in My Sleep | 19, 2013 | 8 | 20 | 32
Rainmaker | 9, 2014 | 2 | 20 | 19
Drunk Tonight | 34, 2014 | 1 | 14 | 3
Hopes & Fears | 39, 2014 | 17 | 5 | 130
Hopscotch | 33, 2015 | 22 | 2 | (not in the top 200)

Albums Top 20

 1   (1) Taylor Swift – Reputation
 2   (3) Marina Kaye – Explicit (4 weeks)
 3   (2) Alyssa Micaela – Cowboys Like That [EP] (6 weeks, peak #1 x4)
 4   (4) Amy Diamond – Swings and Roundabouts (2009) (309 weeks, peak #1 x137)
 5   (5) Echosmith – Inside a Dream [EP] (6 weeks, peak #2)
 6   (6) Kelsea Ballerini – Unapologetically (3 weeks, peak #4)
 7 (NE) The Dark Element – The Dark Element
 8   (9) Kate Todd – One [EP] (20 weeks, peak #1 x8)
 9   (8) Madeline Juno – DNA (11 weeks, peak #1 x4)
10  (10) Poppy – Poppy.Computer (5 weeks, peak #7)
11 (NE) Rachel Platten – Waves
12   (7) Hilary Duff – Breathe In. Breathe Out. (2015) (44 weeks, peak #1 x6)
13  (13) Beatrice Egli – Bis hierher und viel weiter (2014) (36 weeks, peak #1 x4)
14 (NE) Aly & AJ – Ten Years [EP]
15  (12) RaeLynn – Wildhorse (32 weeks, peak #1 x2)
16 (NE) Phoebe Ryan – James [EP]
17  (14) Beatrice Egli – Pure Lebensfreude (2013) (37 weeks, peak #2)
18  (11) Maia – Tusind ord [EP] (10 weeks, peak #4)
19  (20) Taylor Swift – 1989 (2014) (44 weeks, peak #1 x7)
20  (15) Wolkenfrei – Endlos verliebt (2014) (81 weeks, peak #1 x3)
Magnus
Manager

Postby Tansike » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:42 pm

Magnus wrote:Unacceptable! I demand that you drop everything else you might be doing and listen to it RIGHT NOW! (Joking of course!)
:lol:
At least they just released a new EP which i really enjoy, so that's a good start :wink:

Magnus wrote:Yup. When you're planning to become a spy for a foreign country it is not a good idea to talk about it on a public forum using your real first name. (Oops!) (Joking of course!)
Oookay... now i'm afraid one of these two things you were joking about may be not even a joke :o

Magnus wrote:Yeah, makes sense. Ideally I would always stop listening to a song before I got sick of it, so it rarely happens. It's much harder, due to time constraints and practical matters, to not listen too little to many songs, which means that there is a very large (and constantly growing) number of songs in my database that have the potential to suddenly get a lot of plays again when I "rediscover" them. This happened to Hilary Duff's "Breathe In, Breathe Out" last week, due to the lyrics it has in common with Taylor's "Getaway Car". (Dead serious.)
They have similar lyrics? Damn, what a flop fan i am :( I guess this really explains the re-entry for Hilary's album then...

Magnus wrote:Yeah, as I hoped it turned out that the first single was one of the very worst songs on the album (it's between that one and "End Game") and that there was one song with clear #1 potential (although so far blocked from actually becoming #1). I still would not rate this album among Taylor's best though (it could even be her worst).
Actually i agree with the second part as i'd rank it as her weakest one so far as well (except her debut as i never heard that one), but the whole thing keeps on growing on me. I'm glad that the first single turned out to be the worst song on it for you... but it's an interesting coincidence that they are going with "End Game" as the next single which you really dislike as well :oops:

Magnus wrote:I actually never checked out her early stuff, but I'm very familiar with the previous two albums Come On Over (which was one of the first country albums I bought, in 1998) and Up! (which includes my 2002 YEC #1). Compared to those the new album is a complete non-event for me, although I already had low expectations after she had been gone for so long.
Oh, sad to hear this (non-event) as i really enjoy "Now" :( I guess this means i really need to check out "Come On Over" and "Up!" as i love the singles from these albums...

Magnus wrote:Actually I haven't listened to the full album since the first week I heard it; the continued success is more due to "Miracle" and "Merci quand même". The return for Shuffle the Cards was a surprise to me too; it was just due to a lot of listening to songs from recent years where most (possibly all; haven't checked) songs on the album happened to get plays that week.
Aw, that's bad news :( But, on the other side, it's quite impressive how two songs can keep the album quite stable on your charts. That's cool for "Shuffle The Cards", and i find it quite funny that we are talking about it right now as the album also made a random re-entry on the Swiss Charts today :lol:

Magnus wrote:Yeah, "My Sweet Mystery" has worked really well for several weeks, possibly because it sounds different from all other songs on the chart at the moment. Lenka's album made a weaker impression than her last one from 2015 (which made it to #7 and also had two songs reaching the top 30) but was still a nice listen from what I remember.
I agree about Lenka's album, i think "Attune" may be cute but that's it. She could do a lot better as she already did in the past. As for "My Sweet Mystery", it's nice that you're enjoying that different sound!

Magnus wrote:This is the first album Taylor releases while I've been posting my chart here, but she's been having similar or greater initial sucess with the three previous albums (12 songs from Speak Now, all 19 from Red and all 16 from 1989. On the other hand, only a handful of her songs ("Fearless", "Haunted" and a few from Red) have stayed 20 weeks or more and most have left well before reaching 10 weeks. Probably that will happen now as well; I really only see "Getaway Car" still having a chance to chart in 2018.
Wow, this is really impressive! So she may be one of the most successful artists on your charts, or at least one with the most entries, right? "Getaway Car" seems to be a big fan favorite, unfortunately it didn't click with me yet...

Magnus wrote:Definitely! I actually checked to see if it had already been released when "My Sweet Mystery" first charted. Later on I was busy and forgot to listen when the release actually happened, but now I've listened to it and it was quite good overall and with one or two other songs that has a decent chance of entering next week!
Amazing news!! :D

Checked out your number one and i really enjoyed it! Is it a new single of an upcoming album?

Love the stability for "My Sweet Mystery" & "Miracle" and that big climb for "Merci quand même" this week.
"Don't Blame Me" has turned out to be my favorite album track of "Reputation" over the week so i'm also happy to see this one getting another week on your charts, even if it's still far away from being a hit.

When it comes to new entries, i really like both this week. I'm so happy Emmelie De Forest is finally back with new music and i'm already looking forward to her new EP. "Sanctuary" is also much better than "Hopscotch" and i think i may even like it more than i liked "Drunk Tonight" after a few spins, which is a good sign. Somehow i expected a better debut on your charts, but she only had a few days to debut, so here's hope she may rise next week :)
As for Aly & AJ, their new EP is really nice, and it's also the reason why i got back into "Take Me" again. That one remains my favorite, but i enjoy all songs from the EP.

As for the album charts, it's probably absolutely no surprise that i absolutely LOVE that entry for "The Dark Element"! Definitely one of the best albums of the year for me, as it's what i wanted from Anette. The lyrics are often really cheesy but the melodies are so catchy and i just love her voice. It's also very nice to see a few songs on the bubblers list, even if "Heaven of Your Heart" and "Only One Who Knows Me" are my least favorite songs at the moment (but i still really like them).

Also great arrivals for Rachel and Aly & AJ. "Waves" is one of the best pop releases of the year for me, but that #11 debut doesn't look too good. I guess nothing really impressed you there?
Tansike
Legend

Postby Magnus » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:39 pm

Thanks for commenting, Tansike!

Tansike wrote:They have similar lyrics? Damn, what a flop fan i am :( I guess this really explains the re-entry for Hilary's album then...
My mistake, I didn't mean the lyrics as a whole, only that "Getaway Car" stole the exact line "X marks the spot where we fell apart" from Hilary's song 8-). And it may sometimes take only a single word to remind me of an old favourite song and give that one a boost.

Tansike wrote:Actually i agree with the second part as i'd rank it as her weakest one so far as well (except her debut as i never heard that one), but the whole thing keeps on growing on me. I'm glad that the first single turned out to be the worst song on it for you... but it's an interesting coincidence that they are going with "End Game" as the next single which you really dislike as well :oops:
I'm glad the album is growing on you! For me though it's been going downhill pretty fast (even though it is still #1). She screwed up by switching from country-pop to just plain pop imo. Still hoping she might switch back in the future.

Tansike wrote:Aw, that's bad news :( But, on the other side, it's quite impressive how two songs can keep the album quite stable on your charts. That's cool for "Shuffle The Cards", and i find it quite funny that we are talking about it right now as the album also made a random re-entry on the Swiss Charts today :lol:
Yeah, that's how it works with my score system; even with the current rules it's often easy for one or a few songs to make the album successful. This would not be the case if there was a constant stream of new albums where I loved every track but those albums tend to come along very rarely these days.

Tansike wrote:Wow, this is really impressive! So she may be one of the most successful artists on your charts, or at least one with the most entries, right? "Getaway Car" seems to be a big fan favorite, unfortunately it didn't click with me yet...
She's now actually tied with Avril Lavigne for most number of songs on my chart (67)! So while she's #1 for the first time she kind of screwed up by not having one more song on the album good enough to reach the top 30. It's not completely impossible that "New Years Day" will still make it, but the song is further from the top 30 this week than the two weeks before (35-35-38) so right now it doesn't look likely. And of course I'm hoping that Avril will release a new album soon so that she can leave Taylor in the dust!

Tansike wrote:Checked out your number one and i really enjoyed it! Is it a new single of an upcoming album?
Yes! According to at least one article I found it is the title track from a new album set for release on January 12th. So that may become the first new album I listen to in 2018. Really happy you like the song!

Tansike wrote:When it comes to new entries, i really like both this week. I'm so happy Emmelie De Forest is finally back with new music and i'm already looking forward to her new EP. "Sanctuary" is also much better than "Hopscotch" and i think i may even like it more than i liked "Drunk Tonight" after a few spins, which is a good sign. Somehow i expected a better debut on your charts, but she only had a few days to debut, so here's hope she may rise next week :)
"Sanctuary" is definitely going higher, and I could have said that even if I had replied right away and didn't know the position this week. The song sounds very summery to me though and it would probably have become even more successful if released earlier this year. I'm almost hoping that her new EP will be delayed and released in May...

Tansike wrote:As for Aly & AJ, their new EP is really nice, and it's also the reason why i got back into "Take Me" again. That one remains my favorite, but i enjoy all songs from the EP.
Unfortunately, I didn't like the EP nearly as much as I had hoped and "Take Me" remains very clearly the best song for me too. It's still not bad though.

Tansike wrote:As for the album charts, it's probably absolutely no surprise that i absolutely LOVE that entry for "The Dark Element"! Definitely one of the best albums of the year for me, as it's what i wanted from Anette. The lyrics are often really cheesy but the melodies are so catchy and i just love her voice. It's also very nice to see a few songs on the bubblers list, even if "Heaven of Your Heart" and "Only One Who Knows Me" are my least favorite songs at the moment (but i still really like them).
I agree that her voice is really good and while some of the tracks didn't appeal that much to me some are really good. For various reasons I didn't listen much to it for the second part of last week though.

Tansike wrote:Also great arrivals for Rachel and Aly & AJ. "Waves" is one of the best pop releases of the year for me, but that #11 debut doesn't look too good. I guess nothing really impressed you there?
I still haven't found a real standout track on Rachel's new album but I did listen again to the whole thing (I think?) last week and I agree that there's something there that will probably make me listen again.
Magnus
Manager

Postby Magnus » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:43 pm

Top 30 for Week 47 2017 (20th – 26th November)
Chart #: 934, Volume: 839

Echosmith gets their first #1 with the first ever original Christmas-themed #1!

 1 (NE) Echosmith – Baby Don't Leave Me (All Alone on Christmas) S A
 2   (2) Alyssa Micaela – Clean Break (7 weeks, peak #1 x4) S A
 3  (17) Emmelie de Forest – Sanctuary S A
 4   (1) Meghan Patrick – Country Music Made Me Do It (4 weeks, peak #1 x2) S V
 5   (3) Taylor Swift – Getaway Car (3 weeks)
 6   (4) Catherine McGrath – Talk of This Town (7 weeks, peak #2) S V
 7   (5) Echosmith – Get Into My Car (7 weeks, peak #3) S V
 8   (8) Kate Todd – You're Gonna Find Out (20 weeks, peak #1 x5) S V
 9  (11) Maia – Du' kærlighed for mig (41 weeks, peak #1 x12) S A
10   (6) Scavenger Hunt – Eyes Wide Open (6 weeks, peak #4) S A
11   (9) Beatrice Egli – Keiner küsst mich (6 weeks) S
12   (7) Phoebe Ryan – James Has Changed (7 weeks, peak #5) S A
13  (10) Marina Kaye – Miracle (5 weeks, peak #7) S
14  (12) The Dark Element – My Sweet Mystery (6 weeks, peak #8) S V
15  (13) Юля Волкова – Следуй за мной (7 weeks, peak #6) A
16  (16) Taylor Swift – I Did Something Bad (3 weeks, peak #9)
17  (22) Taylor Swift – Delicate (3 weeks, peak #8)
18  (14) Marina Kaye – Merci quand même (7 weeks) S
19  (RE) Katy Rose – Voices Carry (18 weeks, peak #11) S
20  (15) Taylor Swift – ...Ready For It? (12 weeks, peak #6) S V
21  (20) Aly & AJ – I Know (3 weeks) S A
22  (18) Taylor Swift – Gorgeous (5 weeks) S A
23  (19) Kellie Pickler – If It Wasn't for a Woman (7 weeks, peak #11) S
24  (29) Taylor Swift – King of My Heart (3 weeks, peak #23)
25  (23) Poppy – Fuzzy (6 weeks, peak #16) S A
26  (21) Maroon 5 with Julia Michaels – Help Me Out (7 weeks, peak #13) S A
27  (25) Taylor Swift – Dancing with Our Hands Tied (3 weeks, peak #16)
28  (27) Kat Stephie – Uden dig (11 weeks, peak #7) S A
29  (24) Olivia Holt – Generous (6 weeks, peak #18) S V
30  (26) Taylor Swift – Call It What You Want (4 weeks, peak #15) S A

Bubblers:
These are songs that have not yet charted, are at most 30 positions behind the chart and closer now than last week, listed in alphabetical order.
Aly & AJ – Promises S A
Aly & AJ – The Distance S A
Jada Facer – Hopeless S A
Plumb – Acrobat S A
Plumb – Fight for You S A
Plumb – God Help Me S V
Selena Gomez & Marshmello – Wolves S V
Tarja – O Tannenbaum S V
The Dark Element – Heaven of Your Heart S

Dropouts:
-- (28) Taylor Swift – Don't Blame Me (2 weeks, peak #18)
-- (30) Taylor Swift – So It Goes... (2 weeks, peak #19)

Albums Top 20

 1   (1) Taylor Swift – Reputation (3 weeks, peak #1 x3)
 2   (3) Alyssa Micaela – Cowboys Like That [EP] (7 weeks, peak #1 x4)
 3 (NE) Tarja – From Spirits and Ghosts (Score for a Dark Christmas)
 4   (2) Marina Kaye – Explicit (5 weeks)
 5   (4) Amy Diamond – Swings and Roundabouts (2009) (310 weeks, peak #1 x137)
 6   (8) Kate Todd – One [EP] (21 weeks, peak #1 x8)
 7   (5) Echosmith – Inside a Dream [EP] (7 weeks, peak #2)
 8  (13) Beatrice Egli – Bis hierher und viel weiter (2014) (37 weeks, peak #1 x4)
 9   (7) The Dark Element – The Dark Element
10  (11) Rachel Platten – Waves
11   (6) Kelsea Ballerini – Unapologetically (4 weeks, peak #4)
12  (17) Beatrice Egli – Pure Lebensfreude (2013) (38 weeks, peak #2)
13 (NE) Louane – Louane
14  (10) Poppy – Poppy.Computer (6 weeks, peak #7)
15   (9) Madeline Juno – DNA (12 weeks, peak #1 x4)
16 (NE) Plumb – God Help Me [EP]
17  (18) Maia – Tusind ord [EP] (11 weeks, peak #4)
18  (14) Aly & AJ – Ten Years [EP]
19  (12) Hilary Duff – Breathe In. Breathe Out. (2015) (45 weeks, peak #1 x6)
20  (15) RaeLynn – Wildhorse (33 weeks, peak #1 x2)
Magnus
Manager

Postby Blondini » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:36 am

17 (NE) Emmelie de Forest – Sanctuary S
Classy but needs a better chorus.

I prefer Echosmith's I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day.
Blondini
Big Time Dreamer

Postby Magnus » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:09 am

Blondini wrote:17 (NE) Emmelie de Forest – Sanctuary S
Classy but needs a better chorus.

I prefer Echosmith's I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day.
Thanks for commenting!

Yeah, while I really like the entire song I agree something is missing in the chorus for it to be up there with her very best songs.

"I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day" is probably going to chart too in a few weeks!
Magnus
Manager

Postby Magnus » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:12 am

Top 30 for Week 48 2017 (27th November – 3rd December)
Chart #: 935, Volume: 1,071

Like Echosmith last week, Catherine McGrath follows up a strong-enough-to-be-#1 song with an actual #1 song!

Annemarie Eilfeld is back with a new single and a third song from Aly & AJ's EP reaches the top 30.

 1 (NE) Catherine McGrath – Thought It Was Gonna Be Me S A
 2   (1) Echosmith – Baby Don't Leave Me (All Alone on Christmas) (2 weeks, peak #1) S A
 3   (3) Emmelie de Forest – Sanctuary (3 weeks) S A
 4   (2) Alyssa Micaela – Clean Break (8 weeks, peak #1 x4) S A
 5   (5) Taylor Swift – Getaway Car (4 weeks, peak #3) S
 6 (NE) Annemarie Eilfeld – Einen Tag Sommer S V
 7   (4) Meghan Patrick – Country Music Made Me Do It (5 weeks, peak #1 x2) S V
 8   (6) Catherine McGrath – Talk of This Town (8 weeks, peak #2) S V
 9   (7) Echosmith – Get Into My Car (8 weeks, peak #3) S V
10   (8) Kate Todd – You're Gonna Find Out (21 weeks, peak #1 x5) S V
11   (9) Maia – Du' kærlighed for mig (42 weeks, peak #1 x12) S A
12  (11) Beatrice Egli – Keiner küsst mich (7 weeks, peak #9) S
13  (19) Katy Rose – Voices Carry (19 weeks, peak #11) S
14  (17) Taylor Swift – Delicate (4 weeks, peak #8) S
15  (16) Taylor Swift – I Did Something Bad (4 weeks, peak #9) S
16  (10) Scavenger Hunt – Eyes Wide Open (7 weeks, peak #4) S A
17  (12) Phoebe Ryan – James Has Changed (8 weeks, peak #5) S A
18  (24) Taylor Swift – King of My Heart (4 weeks) S
19  (13) Marina Kaye – Miracle (6 weeks, peak #7) S
20  (14) The Dark Element – My Sweet Mystery (7 weeks, peak #8) S V
21  (15) Юля Волкова – Следуй за мной (8 weeks, peak #6) A
22  (18) Marina Kaye – Merci quand même (8 weeks, peak #14) S
23  (20) Taylor Swift – ...Ready For It? (13 weeks, peak #6) S V
24  (21) Aly & AJ – I Know (4 weeks, peak #20) S A
25  (22) Taylor Swift – Gorgeous (6 weeks, peak #18) S A
26  (28) Kat Stephie – Uden dig (12 weeks, peak #7) S A
27  (23) Kellie Pickler – If It Wasn't for a Woman (8 weeks, peak #11) S
28 (NE) Aly & AJ – Promises S A
29  (27) Taylor Swift – Dancing with Our Hands Tied (4 weeks, peak #16) S
30  (29) Olivia Holt – Generous (7 weeks, peak #18) S V

Bubblers:
Cappa – Waste My Time S
Chelsea Lankes – Matches S A
Helene Bøksle – The Blue Wave S
Jessica Lowndes – Turn You Away S V
Kelsea Ballerini – End of the World S A
My Indigo – My Indigo S V
Plumb – Crazy About You S A
Plumb – God Help Me S V

Dropouts:
-- (25) Poppy – Fuzzy (6 weeks, peak #16) S A
-- (26) Maroon 5 with Julia Michaels – Help Me Out (7 weeks, peak #13) S A
-- (30) Taylor Swift – Call It What You Want (4 weeks, peak #15) S A

Chart History for Annemarie Eilfeld

Song Title | Entered (week, year) | Peak Position | Weeks on Chart | Year End Chart Position
Ungesagt | 24, 2015 | 5 | 5 | 50

Albums Top 20

 1   (1) Taylor Swift – Reputation (4 weeks, peak #1 x4)
 2   (2) Alyssa Micaela – Cowboys Like That [EP] (8 weeks, peak #1 x4)
 3   (5) Amy Diamond – Swings and Roundabouts (2009) (311 weeks, peak #1 x137)
 4   (6) Kate Todd – One [EP] (22 weeks, peak #1 x8)
 5   (3) Tarja – From Spirits and Ghosts (Score for a Dark Christmas)
 6   (4) Marina Kaye – Explicit (6 weeks, peak #2)
 7   (7) Echosmith – Inside a Dream [EP] (8 weeks, peak #2)
 8   (8) Beatrice Egli – Bis hierher und viel weiter (2014) (38 weeks, peak #1 x4)
 9   (9) The Dark Element – The Dark Element (3 weeks, peak #7)
10  (16) Plumb – God Help Me
11  (11) Kelsea Ballerini – Unapologetically (5 weeks, peak #4)
12  (10) Rachel Platten – Waves (3 weeks)
13  (12) Beatrice Egli – Pure Lebensfreude (2013) (39 weeks, peak #2)
14  (18) Aly & AJ – Ten Years [EP] (3 weeks)
15  (17) Maia – Tusind ord [EP] (12 weeks, peak #4)
16  (13) Louane – Louane
17  (15) Madeline Juno – DNA (13 weeks, peak #1 x4)
18  (14) Poppy – Poppy.Computer (7 weeks, peak #7)
19  (19) Hilary Duff – Breathe In. Breathe Out. (2015) (46 weeks, peak #1 x6)
20  (20) RaeLynn – Wildhorse (34 weeks, peak #1 x2)
Magnus
Manager

Postby Tansike » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:11 pm

Magnus wrote:My mistake, I didn't mean the lyrics as a whole, only that "Getaway Car" stole the exact line "X marks the spot where we fell apart" from Hilary's song 8-). And it may sometimes take only a single word to remind me of an old favourite song and give that one a boost.
Ah yeah that makes sense. This also happened to me as well in the past. Sometimes there’s a line which really takes your attention, and if it also appears in another song you immediately make the connection to the other one…

Magnus wrote:I'm glad the album is growing on you! For me though it's been going downhill pretty fast (even though it is still #1). She screwed up by switching from country-pop to just plain pop imo. Still hoping she might switch back in the future.
I hope so too. While I really enjoy pop Taylor, she’s just like one of many pop girls out there, while the ‘country Taylor’ was something more special. But I’m afraid she’ll stick to pop as long as she will be successful with it…

Magnus wrote:She's now actually tied with Avril Lavigne for most number of songs on my chart (67)! So while she's #1 for the first time she kind of screwed up by not having one more song on the album good enough to reach the top 30. It's not completely impossible that "New Years Day" will still make it, but the song is further from the top 30 this week than the two weeks before (35-35-38) so right now it doesn't look likely. And of course I'm hoping that Avril will release a new album soon so that she can leave Taylor in the dust!
Wow, congrats to Taylor, and Avril too. That’s a huge feat! But as you say, since “Reputation” is already going downhill for you and Avril is likely to release some new material soon, it’s quite clear who will take the lead back soon…
…and now an interesting question: While these are both the artists with most entries on your charts, would you also consider them two of your most favorite artists overall, apart from the charts? :)

Magnus wrote:Yes! According to at least one article I found it is the title track from a new album set for release on January 12th. So that may become the first new album I listen to in 2018. Really happy you like the song!
Oh nice! I think I’ll check the album out then :wink:

Magnus wrote:"Sanctuary" is definitely going higher, and I could have said that even if I had replied right away and didn't know the position this week. The song sounds very summery to me though and it would probably have become even more successful if released earlier this year. I'm almost hoping that her new EP will be delayed and released in May...
Why May?
Unfortunately, after the first week being really excited about “Sanctuary”, I already got over it completely :( :oops:

Magnus wrote:Unfortunately, I didn't like the EP nearly as much as I had hoped and "Take Me" remains very clearly the best song for me too. It's still not bad though.
Aw :( Hopefully a grower for you…

Magnus wrote:I agree that her voice is really good and while some of the tracks didn't appeal that much to me some are really good. For various reasons I didn't listen much to it for the second part of last week though.
While it’s good to hear your opinion about her voice, it’s obviously not that good to hear the second part about you listening to them less. But hey, they charted and already did better than I ever expected, so I’m already very happy you enjoy(ed) them! :D

Magnus wrote:I still haven't found a real standout track on Rachel's new album but I did listen again to the whole thing (I think?) last week and I agree that there's something there that will probably make me listen again.
YASS good news! I think the first half is really good, “Shivers”, “Collide” and the two singles “Broken Glass” and “Perfect For You” would be my favorites :)

So... let me say something about the week i've missed at first.
I checked out Echosmith's new entry at #1 and it's really good! Apart from their only hit single ("Cool Kids") i never really cared about them to be honest, so i have no idea how their usual music sounds like, but "Baby Don't Leave Me" is really cute - actually doesn't even sound like a typical Christmas song :)

Other than that, nice jumps for "Sanctuary" & "Delicate", fantastic & brilliant debut for Tarja's "From Spirits And Ghosts" on the album charts ( :cry: :cry: :cry: ) and also nice debut for Louane's album, though i'm not the biggest fan, and same seems to be for you since it even missed the Top10.

Over on the current chart, i also checked out that #1 and it's yet another nice song! Both this and Echosmith are nothing i would download straight away but still enjoy a lot while listening to them now.
Also happy to see Aly & Aj getting an entry from their EP - so this means the EP (or at least "Promises") grew on you? :D
Oh and nice to see "My Indigo" on the bubblers list <3

Over on the album charts it's nice to see Taylor, Marina, Tarja and The Dark Element staying in the Top10. This must be the first time ever we have four of our Top10 albums the same :o 8-)
Tansike
Legend

Postby heppolo » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:27 pm

16  (10) Scavenger Hunt – Eyes Wide Open (7 weeks, peak #4)

Such a fine song!
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby Magnus » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:30 pm

Thanks for commenting, Tansike and heppolo!

Tansike wrote:Wow, congrats to Taylor, and Avril too. That’s a huge feat! But as you say, since “Reputation” is already going downhill for you and Avril is likely to release some new material soon, it’s quite clear who will take the lead back soon…
…and now an interesting question: While these are both the artists with most entries on your charts, would you also consider them two of your most favorite artists overall, apart from the charts? :)
Yes, they are definitely two of my most favourite artists, although they are not the two favourite ones. Actually, it's difficult to say who is at the very top right now. Taylor and Avril have released many albums with very few bad songs and also had some better-than-average luck in terms of releasing them when competition on my chart wasn't extraordinarily high. In terms of total plays they are both beat by Emmelie de Forest despite her having released only one album. I would say that the total number of plays pretty accurately reflects which my favourite artists have been over time since 2000 (and then Amy Diamond is far ahead of Hayley Westenra who in turn is far ahead of Emmelie de Forest; 161k vs 29k vs 13.6k plays at the end of last year) but of course that's different from right now (they haven't even charted with any new songs since 2011-2013).

Tansike wrote:Why May?
Unfortunately, after the first week being really excited about “Sanctuary”, I already got over it completely :( :oops:
Because that is "her" month (of course!). Songs and albums (when great enough) have very strong ties for me to the season of the year where I first listened a lot to them. If Only Teardrops isn't back in the top 10 of my albums chart in May 2018 (barring some very unusual spike in competition or catastrophic event) something must have gone very wrong with the universe.

Tansike wrote:YASS good news! I think the first half is really good, “Shivers”, “Collide” and the two singles “Broken Glass” and “Perfect For You” would be my favorites :)
"Perfect for You" is one of the songs that stood out a bit, haven't really noticed the others though. Will probably listen again before the year is over.

Tansike wrote:So... let me say something about the week i've missed at first.
I checked out Echosmith's new entry at #1 and it's really good! Apart from their only hit single ("Cool Kids") i never really cared about them to be honest, so i have no idea how their usual music sounds like, but "Baby Don't Leave Me" is really cute - actually doesn't even sound like a typical Christmas song :)
Thanks for checking it out! I didn't care much about Echosmith either before I heard "Get Into My Car" less than 3 months ago, although they charted briefly with "Cool Kids" in 2014. Their new stuff is much better imo.

Tansike wrote:Other than that, nice jumps for "Sanctuary" & "Delicate", fantastic & brilliant debut for Tarja's "From Spirits And Ghosts" on the album charts ( :cry: :cry: :cry: ) and also nice debut for Louane's album, though i'm not the biggest fan, and same seems to be for you since it even missed the Top10.
Actually there was a song on Louane's album that I really liked on the first listen but then completely forgot to listen to. So it's possible it may rise (actually re-enter) again soon.

Tansike wrote:Over on the current chart, i also checked out that #1 and it's yet another nice song! Both this and Echosmith are nothing i would download straight away but still enjoy a lot while listening to them now.
Also happy to see Aly & Aj getting an entry from their EP - so this means the EP (or at least "Promises") grew on you? :D
Oh and nice to see "My Indigo" on the bubblers list <3
Thanks for checking out the new #1! It sounded like a very clear #1 for me from the first time I heard it (a few days after the release). As for Aly & AJ, ha ha, now all four songs on the EP have reached my top 30 but I still think it's not as good as I had hoped and actually I don't know why I even listened that much to those songs... It's not like every listen is a conscious decision so sometimes some songs get more plays than they should and vice versa, especially short term. Watch them crash and burn next week (hopefully) :lol:.

Tansike wrote:Over on the album charts it's nice to see Taylor, Marina, Tarja and The Dark Element staying in the Top10. This must be the first time ever we have four of our Top10 albums the same :o 8-)
I almost didn't notice but you may be right; usually there aren't so many albums that are on both our charts (partly because I often have many older albums occuping precious space...).

heppolo wrote:16  (10) Scavenger Hunt – Eyes Wide Open (7 weeks, peak #4)

Such a fine song!
Unfortunately I am a bit over it at the moment, but I still think it's a very good song!
Magnus
Manager

Postby Magnus » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:05 pm

Top 30 for Week 49 2017 (4th – 10th December)
Chart #: 936, Volume: 1,020

Catherine McGrath gets a second week at #1 with her perfectly non-Christmassy country-pop ballad.

Single, EP and albums covers for twelve new entries and one re-entry, led by an unknown "random" German schlager song released in March.

 1   (1) Catherine McGrath – Thought It Was Gonna Be Me S A
 2   (2) Echosmith – Baby Don't Leave Me (All Alone on Christmas) (3 weeks, peak #1) S A
 3   (3) Emmelie de Forest – Sanctuary (4 weeks) S A
 4 (NE) Jenny – Alles klar S A
 5   (4) Alyssa Micaela – Clean Break (9 weeks, peak #1 x4) S A
 6   (5) Taylor Swift – Getaway Car (5 weeks, peak #3) S
 7   (6) Annemarie Eilfeld – Einen Tag Sommer S V
 8   (7) Meghan Patrick – Country Music Made Me Do It (6 weeks, peak #1 x2) S V
 9  (10) Kate Todd – You're Gonna Find Out (22 weeks, peak #1 x5) S V
10  (11) Maia – Du' kærlighed for mig (43 weeks, peak #1 x12) S A
11   (8) Catherine McGrath – Talk of This Town (9 weeks, peak #2) S V
12   (9) Echosmith – Get Into My Car (9 weeks, peak #3) S V
13 (NE) Sofia Carson featuring Alan Walker – Back to Beautiful S V
14 (NE) My Indigo – My Indigo S V
15  (15) Taylor Swift – I Did Something Bad (5 weeks, peak #9) S
16  (12) Beatrice Egli – Keiner küsst mich (8 weeks, peak #9) S
17  (13) Katy Rose – Voices Carry (20 weeks, peak #11) S
18  (14) Taylor Swift – Delicate (5 weeks, peak #8) S
19  (28) Aly & AJ – Promises S A
20  (18) Taylor Swift – King of My Heart (5 weeks) S
21 (NE) Aly & AJ – The Distance S A
22  (RE) Katherine McNamara – Glass Slipper (2 weeks, peak #22) S A
23 (NE) Plumb – Acrobat S A
24 (NE) The Dark Element – Only One Who Knows Me S A
25 (NE) Cappa – Waste My Time S
26 (NE) Helene Bøksle – The Blue Wave S A
27 (NE) Chelsea Lankes – Matches S A
28 (NE) Jessica Lowndes – Turn You Away S V
29 (NE) Jada Facer – Hopeless S A
30 (NE) The Dark Element – Heaven of Your Heart S

Bubblers:
Kelsea Ballerini – End of the World S A
Plumb – Fight for You S A
Plumb – I'm Not Alone S A
Tarja – What Child Is This S
Thomas Rhett featuring Maren Morris – Craving You S V

Dropouts:
-- (16) Scavenger Hunt – Eyes Wide Open (7 weeks, peak #4) S A
-- (17) Phoebe Ryan – James Has Changed (8 weeks, peak #5) S A
-- (19) Marina Kaye – Miracle (6 weeks, peak #7) S
-- (20) The Dark Element – My Sweet Mystery (7 weeks, peak #8) S V
-- (21) Julia Volkova – Sleduy za mnoy (8 weeks, peak #6) A
-- (22) Marina Kaye – Merci quand même (8 weeks, peak #14) S
-- (23) Taylor Swift – ...Ready For It? (13 weeks, peak #6) S V
-- (24) Aly & AJ – I Know (4 weeks, peak #20) S A
-- (25) Taylor Swift – Gorgeous (6 weeks, peak #18) S A
-- (26) Kat Stephie – Uden dig (12 weeks, peak #7) S A
-- (27) Kellie Pickler – If It Wasn't for a Woman (8 weeks, peak #11) S
-- (29) Taylor Swift – Dancing with Our Hands Tied (4 weeks, peak #16) S
-- (30) Olivia Holt – Generous (7 weeks, peak #18) S V

Chart History for Plumb

Real | 17, 2004 | 24 | 3 | 61
Sink 'n' Swim | 40, 2004 | 6 | 9 | 17
Taken | 40, 2004 | 7 | 9 | 18
Hold Me | 41, 2004 | 29 | 2 | 126
Without You | 41, 2004 | 30 | 1 | 162
Real Life Fairytale | 45, 2005 | 2 | 7 | 58
Blush (Only You) | 11, 2006 | 3 | 17 | 27
Blink | 47, 2007 | 25 | 1 | 136
My Child | 47, 2007 | 26 | 1 | 175
In My Arms | 47, 2007 | 30 | 1 | 177
Need You Now (How Many Times) | 27, 2012 | 4 | 7 | 57
Beautiful | 37, 2013 | 5 | 12 | 45
One Drop | 37, 2013 | 14 | 4 | 119
Fall Back In | 51, 2014 | 13 | 3 | (not in the top 200, from 2013)

Chart History for Helene Bøksle

Svalbard | 40, 2013 | 8 | 3 | 92

Chart History for Jessica Lowndes

Deja Vu | 39, 2016 | 18 | 3 | (not in the top 200, from 2015)
Underneath the Mask | 47, 2016 | 6 | 8 | 90

Albums Top 20

 1   (1) Taylor Swift – Reputation (5 weeks, peak #1 x5)
 2   (8) Beatrice Egli – Bis hierher und viel weiter (2014) (39 weeks, peak #1 x4)
 3   (2) Alyssa Micaela – Cowboys Like That [EP] (9 weeks, peak #1 x4)
 4  (13) Beatrice Egli – Pure Lebensfreude (2013) (40 weeks, peak #2)
 5  (10) Plumb – God Help Me (3 weeks)
 6   (5) Tarja – From Spirits and Ghosts (Score for a Dark Christmas) (3 weeks, peak #3)
 7  (RE) Hayley Westenra – Pure (2003) (468 weeks, peak #1 x68)
 8   (9) The Dark Element – The Dark Element (4 weeks, peak #7)
 9   (4) Kate Todd – One [EP] (23 weeks, peak #1 x8)
10  (RE) Beatrice Egli – Kick im Augenblick (2016) (34 weeks, peak #1 x1)
11   (3) Amy Diamond – Swings and Roundabouts (2009) (312 weeks, peak #1 x137)
12  (14) Aly & AJ – Ten Years [EP] (4 weeks)
13  (11) Kelsea Ballerini – Unapologetically (6 weeks, peak #4)
14   (7) Echosmith – Inside a Dream [EP] (9 weeks, peak #2)
15  (15) Maia – Tusind ord [EP] (13 weeks, peak #4)
16   (6) Marina Kaye – Explicit (7 weeks, peak #2)
17  (RE) Beatrice Egli – Glücksgefühle (2013) (8 weeks, peak #4)
18  (12) Rachel Platten – Waves (4 weeks, peak #10)
19  (19) Hilary Duff – Breathe In. Breathe Out. (2015) (47 weeks, peak #1 x6)
20  (RE) Michael Learns to Rock – Michael Learns to Rock (1992) (65 weeks, peak #3)

Swiss schlager singer Beatrice Egli semi-randomly got very hot again this week and gains a combined 31 positions (assuming the two re-entries were both at #21 last week, which of course they weren't) with her four latest albums. Can she become the most played artist in 2017? This week also sees the return of the album by Hayley Westenra that has the most total weeks on the chart (will it be first to 500?) and the debut album by my all-time favourite male band. (It probably would have had 20+ weeks at #1 if the chart had existed in the '90s.)
Magnus
Manager

Postby Magnus » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:24 pm

Top 30 for Week 50 2017 (11th – 17th December)
Chart #: 937, Volume: 1,310

Catherine McGrath gets a third week at #1 with her country-pop ballad "Thought It Was Gonna Be Me".

Single, EP and albums covers for this week's four new entries.

 1   (1) Catherine McGrath – Thought It Was Gonna Be Me (3 weeks, peak #1 x3) S A
 2   (4) Jenny – Alles klar S A
 3   (2) Echosmith – Baby Don't Leave Me (All Alone on Christmas) (4 weeks, peak #1) S A
 4   (5) Alyssa Micaela – Clean Break (10 weeks, peak #1 x4) S A
 5   (3) Emmelie de Forest – Sanctuary (5 weeks) S A
 6   (9) Kate Todd – You're Gonna Find Out (23 weeks, peak #1 x5) S V
 7 (NE) Jamie-Lee – Coming Home for Christmas S V
 8  (10) Maia – Du' kærlighed for mig (44 weeks, peak #1 x12) S A
 9  (12) Echosmith – Get Into My Car (10 weeks, peak #3) S V
10  (11) Catherine McGrath – Talk of This Town (10 weeks, peak #2) S V
11   (6) Taylor Swift – Getaway Car (6 weeks, peak #3) S
12  (13) Sofia Carson featuring Alan Walker – Back to Beautiful S V
13   (7) Annemarie Eilfeld – Einen Tag Sommer (3 weeks, peak #6) S V
14  (17) Katy Rose – Voices Carry (21 weeks, peak #11) S
15  (14) My Indigo – My Indigo S V
16   (8) Meghan Patrick – Country Music Made Me Do It (7 weeks, peak #1 x2) S V
17  (16) Beatrice Egli – Keiner küsst mich (9 weeks, peak #9) S
18  (26) Helene Bøksle – The Blue Wave S A
19 (NE) Lila featuring Rat City – Don't Let Go S A
20  (15) Taylor Swift – I Did Something Bad (6 weeks, peak #9) S
21  (18) Taylor Swift – Delicate (6 weeks, peak #8) S
22  (20) Taylor Swift – King of My Heart (6 weeks, peak #18) S
23  (25) Cappa – Waste My Time S
24  (27) Chelsea Lankes – Matches S A
25  (30) The Dark Element – Heaven of Your Heart S
26  (24) The Dark Element – Only One Who Knows Me S A
27 (NE) Plumb – Fight for You S A
28  (23) Plumb – Acrobat S A
29  (28) Jessica Lowndes – Turn You Away S V
30 (NE) Ana Duarte – Love Me Tonight S A

Bubblers:
Annemarie Eilfeld – Dein Herz ist eine Geisterstadt (2016) V
Ellie Goulding – O Holy Night S A
Emma – Circle of Light S V
Emma Stevens – Silent Night S
Jessie James Decker – Girl on the Coast S
Krystl – Losing My Head S V
Priest – White Wing Dove S
Tarja – Deck the Halls S
Tarja – O Tannenbaum S V
Tarja – We Three Kings S

Dropouts:
-- (19) Aly & AJ – Promises (2 weeks, peak #19) S A
-- (21) Aly & AJ – The Distance (1 week) S A
-- (22) Katherine McNamara – Glass Slipper (2 weeks, peak #22) S A
-- (29) Jada Facer – Hopeless (1 week) S A

Chart History for Jamie-Lee

Ghost | 5, 2016 | 19 | 4 | (not in the top 200, from 2015)
Remember the Rain | 17, 2016 | 2 | 21 | 7

Chart History for Lila

The Day You'll Find Me | 7, 2015 | 10 | 8 | 64

Albums Top 20

 1   (1) Taylor Swift – Reputation (6 weeks, peak #1 x6)
 2   (2) Beatrice Egli – Bis hierher und viel weiter (2014) (40 weeks, peak #1 x4)
 3   (9) Kate Todd – One [EP] (24 weeks, peak #1 x8)
 4   (3) Alyssa Micaela – Cowboys Like That [EP] (10 weeks, peak #1 x4)
 5   (4) Beatrice Egli – Pure Lebensfreude (2013) (41 weeks, peak #2)
 6   (5) Plumb – God Help Me (4 weeks)
 7  (10) Beatrice Egli – Kick im Augenblick (2016) (35 weeks, peak #1 x1)
 8   (6) Tarja – From Spirits and Ghosts (Score for a Dark Christmas) (4 weeks, peak #3)
 9   (8) The Dark Element – The Dark Element (5 weeks, peak #7)
10  (14) Echosmith – Inside a Dream [EP] (10 weeks, peak #2)
11  (15) Maia – Tusind ord [EP] (14 weeks, peak #4)
12  (17) Beatrice Egli – Glücksgefühle (2013) (9 weeks, peak #4)
13   (7) Hayley Westenra – Pure (2003) (469 weeks, peak #1 x68)
14  (11) Amy Diamond – Swings and Roundabouts (2009) (313 weeks, peak #1 x137)
15  (13) Kelsea Ballerini – Unapologetically (7 weeks, peak #4)
16  (12) Aly & AJ – Ten Years [EP] (5 weeks)
17  (RE) Carola – Steg för steg (1984) (148 weeks, peak #4)
18  (RE) Carola – Främling (1983) (53 weeks, peak #6)
19  (16) Marina Kaye – Explicit (8 weeks, peak #2)
20  (19) Hilary Duff – Breathe In. Breathe Out. (2015) (48 weeks, peak #1 x6)

Posting a day early this week, but next week's update might be delayed until Wednesday.
Magnus
Manager

Postby Magnus » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:05 pm

Top 30 for Week 51 2017 (18th – 24th December)
Chart #: 938, Volume: 383

Jamie-Lee climbs to #1 with her Christmas song (which is actually a cover of a song released in 2005).

Single, album and EP covers for the new and re-entries this week.

 1   (7) Jamie-Lee – Coming Home for Christmas S V
 2   (1) Catherine McGrath – Thought It Was Gonna Be Me (4 weeks, peak #1 x3) S A
 3   (2) Jenny – Alles klar (3 weeks) S A
 4   (3) Echosmith – Baby Don't Leave Me (All Alone on Christmas) (5 weeks, peak #1) S A
 5   (5) Emmelie de Forest – Sanctuary (6 weeks, peak #3) S A
 6   (4) Alyssa Micaela – Clean Break (11 weeks, peak #1 x4) S A
 7   (6) Kate Todd – You're Gonna Find Out (24 weeks, peak #1 x5) S V
 8   (8) Maia – Du' kærlighed for mig (45 weeks, peak #1 x12) S A
 9  (12) Sofia Carson featuring Alan Walker – Back to Beautiful (3 weeks) S V
10  (11) Taylor Swift – Getaway Car (7 weeks, peak #3) S
11   (9) Echosmith – Get Into My Car (11 weeks, peak #3) S V
12  (10) Catherine McGrath – Talk of This Town (11 weeks, peak #2) S V
13  (13) Annemarie Eilfeld – Einen Tag Sommer (4 weeks, peak #6) S V
14  (15) My Indigo – My Indigo (3 weeks) S V
15  (16) Meghan Patrick – Country Music Made Me Do It (8 weeks, peak #1 x2) S V
16  (14) Katy Rose – Voices Carry (22 weeks, peak #11) S
17 (NE) Ellie Goulding – O Holy Night S A
18  (18) Helene Bøksle – The Blue Wave (3 weeks) S A
19  (17) Beatrice Egli – Keiner küsst mich (10 weeks, peak #9) S
20 (NE) Kelsea Ballerini – End of the World S A
21  (20) Taylor Swift – I Did Something Bad (7 weeks, peak #9) S
22  (24) Chelsea Lankes – Matches (3 weeks) S A
23  (RE) Jada Facer – Hopeless (2 weeks, peak #23) S A
24  (19) Lila featuring Rat City – Don't Let Go S A
25 (NE) Plumb – I'm Not Alone S A
26  (25) The Dark Element – Heaven of Your Heart (3 weeks) S
27  (26) The Dark Element – Only One Who Knows Me (3 weeks, peak #24) S A
28  (21) Taylor Swift – Delicate (7 weeks, peak #8) S
29  (27) Plumb – Fight for You S A
30  (22) Taylor Swift – King of My Heart (7 weeks, peak #18) S

Bubblers:
Jessie James Decker – Girl on the Coast S
Louane – When We Go Home S
Marina Kaye – My Escape S
Scavenger Hunt – Ghosts S A
Tarja – O Tannenbaum S V

Dropouts:
-- (23) Cappa – Waste My Time (2 weeks, peak #23) S
-- (28) Plumb – Acrobat (2 weeks, peak #23) S A
-- (29) Jessica Lowndes – Turn You Away (2 weeks, peak #28) S V
-- (30) Ana Duarte – Love Me Tonight (1 week) S A

Chart History for Ellie Goulding

Love Me Like You Do | 6, 2015 | 5 | 5 | 45
On My Mind | 42, 2015 | 19 | 1 | (not in the top 200)
Something in the Way You Move | 45, 2015 | 26 | 4 | 170
Lost and Found | 46, 2015 | 2 | 9 | 24
Still Falling for You | 49, 2016 | 22 | 2 | 166

Albums Top 20

 1   (1) Taylor Swift – Reputation (7 weeks, peak #1 x7)
 2   (2) Beatrice Egli – Bis hierher und viel weiter (2014) (41 weeks, peak #1 x4)
 3   (6) Plumb – God Help Me (5 weeks)
 4   (3) Kate Todd – One [EP] (25 weeks, peak #1 x8)
 5   (5) Beatrice Egli – Pure Lebensfreude (2013) (42 weeks, peak #2)
 6   (7) Beatrice Egli – Kick im Augenblick (2016) (36 weeks, peak #1 x1)
 7   (4) Alyssa Micaela – Cowboys Like That [EP] (11 weeks, peak #1 x4)
 8   (8) Tarja – From Spirits and Ghosts (Score for a Dark Christmas) (5 weeks, peak #3)
 9   (9) The Dark Element – The Dark Element (6 weeks, peak #7)
10  (15) Kelsea Ballerini – Unapologetically (8 weeks, peak #4)
11  (11) Maia – Tusind ord [EP] (15 weeks, peak #4)
12  (10) Echosmith – Inside a Dream [EP] (11 weeks, peak #2)
13  (12) Beatrice Egli – Glücksgefühle (2013) (10 weeks, peak #4)
14  (14) Amy Diamond – Swings and Roundabouts (2009) (314 weeks, peak #1 x137)
15  (13) Hayley Westenra – Pure (2003) (470 weeks, peak #1 x68)
16  (17) Carola – Steg för steg (1984) (149 weeks, peak #4)
17  (18) Carola – Främling (1983) (54 weeks, peak #6)
18  (20) Hilary Duff – Breathe In. Breathe Out. (2015) (49 weeks, peak #1 x6)
19  (16) Aly & AJ – Ten Years [EP] (6 weeks, peak #12)
20  (19) Marina Kaye – Explicit (9 weeks, peak #2)
Magnus
Manager

Postby Magnus » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:08 pm

Although I feel more asleep than awake and probably won't be myself for weeks, I managed to put together the posts for the last two weeks of my chart:

Top 30 for Week 52 2017 (25th – 31st December)
Chart #: 939, Volume: 253

Jamie-Lee stays #1 with her Christmas cover.

The five new entries of the last week of 2017, including a song from 2016 that will automatically be gone again next week.

 1   (1) Jamie-Lee – Coming Home for Christmas (3 weeks, peak #1 x2) S V
 2   (2) Catherine McGrath – Thought It Was Gonna Be Me (5 weeks, peak #1 x3) S A
 3   (3) Jenny – Alles klar (4 weeks, peak #2) S A
 4   (4) Echosmith – Baby Don't Leave Me (All Alone on Christmas) (6 weeks, peak #1) S A
 5   (5) Emmelie de Forest – Sanctuary (7 weeks, peak #3) S A
 6 (NE) Scavenger Hunt – Ghosts S A
 7 (NE) My Indigo – Out of the Darkness S A
 8   (6) Alyssa Micaela – Clean Break (12 weeks, peak #1 x4) S A
 9  (10) Taylor Swift – Getaway Car (8 weeks, peak #3) S
10   (9) Sofia Carson featuring Alan Walker – Back to Beautiful (4 weeks) S V
11  (14) My Indigo – My Indigo (4 weeks) S V
12   (7) Kate Todd – You're Gonna Find Out (25 weeks, peak #1 x5) S V
13   (8) Maia – Du' kærlighed for mig (46 weeks, peak #1 x12) S A
14  (11) Echosmith – Get Into My Car (12 weeks, peak #3) S V
15  (12) Catherine McGrath – Talk of This Town (12 weeks, peak #2) S V
16  (13) Annemarie Eilfeld – Einen Tag Sommer (5 weeks, peak #6) S V
17  (15) Meghan Patrick – Country Music Made Me Do It (9 weeks, peak #1 x2) S V
18  (24) Lila featuring Rat City – Don't Let Go (3 weeks) S A
19  (17) Ellie Goulding – O Holy Night S A
20 (NE) Annemarie Eilfeld – Dein Herz ist eine Geisterstadt (2016) (1 week) V
21  (18) Helene Bøksle – The Blue Wave (4 weeks) S A
22 (NE) Echosmith featuring Hunter Hayes – Happy Xmas (War Is Over) S V
23  (20) Kelsea Ballerini – End of the World S A
24 (NE) Jessie James Decker – Girl on the Coast S
25  (16) Katy Rose – Voices Carry (23 weeks, peak #11) S
26  (RE) Ana Duarte – Love Me Tonight (2 weeks, peak #26) S A
27  (22) Chelsea Lankes – Matches (4 weeks) S A
28  (23) Jada Facer – Hopeless (3 weeks) S A
29  (29) Plumb – Fight for You (3 weeks, peak #27) S A
30  (19) Beatrice Egli – Keiner küsst mich (11 weeks, peak #9) S

Bubblers:
Krista Siegfrids – Snurra min jord S L
Tarja – Amazing Grace S A

Dropouts:
-- (21) Taylor Swift – I Did Something Bad (7 weeks, peak #9) S
-- (25) Plumb – I'm Not Alone (1 week) S A
-- (26) The Dark Element – Heaven of Your Heart (3 weeks, peak #25) S
-- (27) The Dark Element – Only One Who Knows Me (3 weeks, peak #24) S A
-- (28) Taylor Swift – Delicate (7 weeks, peak #8) S
-- (30) Taylor Swift – King of My Heart (7 weeks, peak #18) S

Chart History for Jessie James (Decker)

Wanted | 20, 2009 | 21 | 1 | 150

Albums Top 20

 1   (1) Taylor Swift – Reputation (8 weeks, peak #1 x8)
 2   (2) Beatrice Egli – Bis hierher und viel weiter (2014) (42 weeks, peak #1 x4)
 3   (5) Beatrice Egli – Pure Lebensfreude (2013) (43 weeks, peak #2)
 4   (6) Beatrice Egli – Kick im Augenblick (2016) (37 weeks, peak #1 x1)
 5  (RE) Amy Pearson – Who I Am (2008) (70 weeks, peak #1 x7)
 6  (RE) Miranda Cosgrove – Sparks Fly (2010) (112 weeks, peak #5)
 7  (RE) Molly Sandén – Unchained (2012) (20 weeks)
 8   (3) Plumb – God Help Me (6 weeks)
 9  (16) Carola – Steg för steg (1984) (150 weeks, peak #4)
10  (13) Beatrice Egli – Glücksgefühle (2013) (11 weeks, peak #4)
11   (4) Kate Todd – One [EP] (26 weeks, peak #1 x8)
12  (10) Kelsea Ballerini – Unapologetically (9 weeks, peak #4)
13   (8) Tarja – From Spirits and Ghosts (Score for a Dark Christmas) (6 weeks, peak #3)
14   (9) The Dark Element – The Dark Element (7 weeks, peak #7)
15  (14) Amy Diamond – Swings and Roundabouts (2009) (315 weeks, peak #1 x137)
16   (7) Alyssa Micaela – Cowboys Like That [EP] (12 weeks, peak #1 x4)
17  (RE) Anni Perka – Lass uns träumen (2016) (22 weeks, peak #1 x1)
18  (RE) Avril Lavigne – Goodbye Lullaby (2011) (67 weeks, peak #3)
19  (17) Carola – Främling (1983) (55 weeks, peak #6)
20  (RE) Kacey Musgraves – Pageant Material (2015) (14 weeks, peak #3)

There are some pretty random things going on here, including Swedish singer Molly Sandén's album from 2012 reaching the same position that it peaked at that year. And more is sure to come for week 1...
Magnus
Manager

Postby Magnus » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:09 pm

Top 30 for Week 1 2018 (1st – 7th January)
Chart #: 940, Volume: 0 (i.e. no plays of chart-eligible songs!)

Under normal circumstances Christmas songs would start plummeting in the new year, but Jamie-Lee stays #1 by default as I did not listen at all to songs eligible for the chart during this terrible week. (The entire chart would have been unchanged had it not been for last week's #20 becoming ineligible.)

 1   (1) Jamie-Lee – Coming Home for Christmas (4 weeks, peak #1 x3) S V
 2   (2) Catherine McGrath – Thought It Was Gonna Be Me (6 weeks, peak #1 x3) S A
 3   (3) Jenny – Alles klar (5 weeks, peak #2) S A
 4   (4) Echosmith – Baby Don't Leave Me (All Alone on Christmas) (7 weeks, peak #1) S A
 5   (5) Emmelie de Forest – Sanctuary (8 weeks, peak #3) S A
 6   (6) Scavenger Hunt – Ghosts S A
 7   (7) My Indigo – Out of the Darkness S A
 8   (8) Alyssa Micaela – Clean Break (13 weeks, peak #1 x4) S A
 9   (9) Taylor Swift – Getaway Car (9 weeks, peak #3) S
10  (10) Sofia Carson featuring Alan Walker – Back to Beautiful (5 weeks, peak #9) S V
11  (11) My Indigo – My Indigo (5 weeks) S V
12  (12) Kate Todd – You're Gonna Find Out (26 weeks, peak #1 x5) S V
13  (13) Maia – Du' kærlighed for mig (47 weeks, peak #1 x12) S A
14  (14) Echosmith – Get Into My Car (13 weeks, peak #3) S V
15  (15) Catherine McGrath – Talk of This Town (13 weeks, peak #2) S V
16  (16) Annemarie Eilfeld – Einen Tag Sommer (6 weeks, peak #6) S V
17  (17) Meghan Patrick – Country Music Made Me Do It (10 weeks, peak #1 x2) S V
18  (18) Lila featuring Rat City – Don't Let Go (4 weeks) S A
19  (19) Ellie Goulding – O Holy Night (3 weeks, peak #17) S A
20  (21) Helene Bøksle – The Blue Wave (5 weeks, peak #18) S A
21  (22) Echosmith featuring Hunter Hayes – Happy Xmas (War Is Over) S V
22  (23) Kelsea Ballerini – End of the World (3 weeks, peak #20) S A
23  (24) Jessie James Decker – Girl on the Coast S
24  (25) Katy Rose – Voices Carry (24 weeks, peak #11) S
25  (26) Ana Duarte – Love Me Tonight (3 weeks) S A
26  (27) Chelsea Lankes – Matches (5 weeks, peak #22) S A
27  (28) Jada Facer – Hopeless (4 weeks, peak #23) S A
28  (29) Plumb – Fight for You (4 weeks, peak #27) S A
29  (30) Beatrice Egli – Keiner küsst mich (12 weeks, peak #9) S
30  (RE) Taylor Swift – I Did Something Bad (8 weeks, peak #9) S

Bubblers:
Krista Siegfrids – Snurra min jord S L
Marina Kaye – My Escape S
Tarja – Amazing Grace S A
Tarja – O Tannenbaum S V
Tarja – We Three Kings S

Dropouts:
-- (20) Annemarie Eilfeld – Dein Herz ist eine Geisterstadt (2016) (1 week) V

Albums Top 20

 1   (1) Taylor Swift – Reputation (2017) (9 weeks, peak #1 x9)
 2   (2) Beatrice Egli – Bis hierher und viel weiter (2014) (43 weeks, peak #1 x4)
 3   (3) Beatrice Egli – Pure Lebensfreude (2013) (44 weeks, peak #2)
 4   (5) Amy Pearson – Who I Am (2008) (71 weeks, peak #1 x7)
 5  (RE) Roxette – Look Sharp! (1988) (85 weeks)
 6  (15) Amy Diamond – Swings and Roundabouts (2009) (316 weeks, peak #1 x137)
 7   (9) Carola – Steg för steg (1984) (151 weeks, peak #4)
 8   (4) Beatrice Egli – Kick im Augenblick (2016) (38 weeks, peak #1 x1)
 9  (19) Carola – Främling (1983) (56 weeks, peak #6)
10  (RE) Rob Thomas – Cradlesong (2009) (23 weeks, peak #1 x2)
11  (RE) Kym Marsh – Standing Tall (2003) (117 weeks, peak #1 x3)
12   (6) Miranda Cosgrove – Sparks Fly (2010) (113 weeks, peak #5)
13  (RE) Aly & AJ – Into the Rush (2005) (59 weeks, peak #1 x5)
14   (7) Molly Sandén – Unchained (2012) (21 weeks)
15   (8) Plumb – God Help Me (2017) (7 weeks, peak #3)
16  (RE) Speedway – Save Yourself (2004) (24 weeks, peak #4)
17  (RE) Katy Rose – Because I Can (2004) (329 weeks, peak #1 x11)
18  (RE) Sibel – The Diving Belle (2008) (133 weeks, peak #1 x13)
19  (RE) Marion Ravn – Here I Am (2005) (172 weeks, peak #1 x6)
20  (RE) Beth – Otra realidad (2003) (37 weeks, peak #1 x4)

Other than avoiding songs from 2017, my thought process for what to listen to this week wasn't exactly refined but I don't hate the result as a lot of older albums that I like a lot get their chance to shine again.
Magnus
Manager

Postby trebor » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:31 pm

I'm a bit late... but: Best Wishes for 2018! :D
(I notice that The Dark Element falls off the chart and Rob Thomas is back! :D )
Wow look at that love for Carola Häggkvist this week! 8-) [Främling is such a guilty pleasure]
trebor
Legend

Postby Speedy » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:34 pm

Hey hello Magnus,

Also a bit late, but I see you're still in the mood for christmas. I wish you all the best for 2018. I Hope your christmas was nice.

Already listening to the new songs on your chart. Started with the christmas song. Didn't hear that one before.

Greetings, Speedy
Speedy
Groupie

Postby heppolo » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:40 pm

16  (RE) Speedway – Save Yourself (2004) (24 weeks, peak #4)
Woah, loved that when I was a teenager. ''Save Yourself''/''In & Out Of Love'' were my faves, along with ''Juggernaut''
heppolo
Legend

Postby Magnus » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:43 pm

Thanks for commenting, trebor, Speedy and heppolo!

trebor wrote:I'm a bit late... but: Best Wishes for 2018! :D
(I notice that The Dark Element falls off the chart and Rob Thomas is back! :D )
Wow look at that love for Carola Häggkvist this week! 8-) [Främling is such a guilty pleasure]
Thank you! Best Wishes to you too. Yeah, I really liked listening to Carola when I was sick, and a lot of my other older favourites. I'm glad you noticed them!

Speedy wrote:Hey hello Magnus,

Also a bit late, but I see you're still in the mood for christmas. I wish you all the best for 2018. I Hope your christmas was nice.

Already listening to the new songs on your chart. Started with the christmas song. Didn't hear that one before.

Greetings, Speedy
Actually not really in the mood for Christmas since 28th (or so) December, it's just my chart rules that led to the chart being (mostly) unchanged when I didn't listen to any songs eligible for the chart! Christmas was nice up until I got sick, after that I'd rather forget it.

Thanks for checking out the new songs. I hope you found some you really like!

heppolo wrote:16  (RE) Speedway – Save Yourself (2004) (24 weeks, peak #4)
Woah, loved that when I was a teenager. ''Save Yourself''/''In & Out Of Love'' were my faves, along with ''Juggernaut''
:D Yeah, it's a really solid album. Those are my favourites on the album too, along with "Can't Turn Back", and actually every song on the album has at least 40 plays which is really rare these days!
Magnus
Manager

Postby Magnus » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:44 pm

Top 30 for Week 2 2018 (8th – 14th January)
Chart #: 941, Volume: 332

Vanessa Mai gets her first (solo) #1 with the song "1000 Lieder" from the new edition of her latest album.

Five covers representing 17 new entries, a record high number of new entries for the first half of January.

 1 (NE) Vanessa Mai – 1000 Lieder S
 2   (1) Jamie-Lee – Coming Home for Christmas (5 weeks, peak #1 x3) S V
 3   (2) Catherine McGrath – Thought It Was Gonna Be Me (7 weeks, peak #1 x3) S A
 4   (3) Jenny – Alles klar (6 weeks, peak #2) S A
 5 (NE) Meghan Patrick – The Way You Apologize S
 6 (NE) Jessie Chris – Heart to Break Your Heart S
 7 (NE) Camila Cabello – Something's Gotta Give S
 8   (4) Echosmith – Baby Don't Leave Me (All Alone on Christmas) (8 weeks, peak #1) S A
 9   (5) Emmelie de Forest – Sanctuary (9 weeks, peak #3) S A
10   (6) Scavenger Hunt – Ghosts (3 weeks) S A
11 (NE) Vanessa Mai – Irgendwie, irgendwo, irgendwann S
12 (NE) Meghan Patrick – Hardest on My Heart S
13   (7) My Indigo – Out of the Darkness (3 weeks) S A
14   (8) Alyssa Micaela – Clean Break (14 weeks, peak #1 x4) S A
15 (NE) Camila Cabello – All These Years S
16 (NE) Vanessa Mai – Wo du bist S
17 (NE) Vanessa Mai – Solange es dich gibt S
18 (NE) Meghan Patrick – Small Town S
19 (NE) Meghan Patrick – The Buzz S
20 (NE) Meghan Patrick – We Got It All S
21 (NE) Meghan Patrick – George Strait S
22 (NE) Meghan Patrick – Underrated S
23   (9) Taylor Swift – Getaway Car (10 weeks, peak #3) S
24  (10) Sofia Carson featuring Alan Walker – Back to Beautiful (6 weeks, peak #9) S V
25  (11) My Indigo – My Indigo (6 weeks) S V
26 (NE) Camila Cabello – She Loves Control S
27  (12) Kate Todd – You're Gonna Find Out (27 weeks, peak #1 x5) S V
28  (13) Maia – Du' kærlighed for mig (48 weeks, peak #1 x12) S A
29 (NE) Meghan Patrick – Case of Beer and a Bed S
30 (NE) Emily Burns – Bitch S A

All songs released in 2017 still got zero plays this week, as I have still not listened to my 2017 YEC. But the chart is invaded by new songs released in 2018! Never before (in 18 years of charts) have there been so many new entries the first half of January and it's also a tied record (with week 4 2003) for any time in January. How many of these new songs will be able to stand the competition from the top 2017 songs once things get back to normal (next week more than likely)? Or is it the older songs that have seen their chance to shine again evaporize this year? Could Maia even fail to reach the 53 weeks that looked like the safest bet ever half a year ago?

Bubblers:
Camila Cabello – Consequences S
Camila Cabello – In the Dark S
Camila Cabello – Inside Out S
Carrie Underwood featuring Ludacris – The Champion S A
Jessie Chris – Better Off Gone S
Jessie Chris – Can't Get Enough S
Jessie Chris – In It for You S
Jessie Chris – One More S
Jessie Chris – Over It S
Jessie Chris – When You Call Me Baby S
Kimberly Dunn – Courthouse Wedding S
Kimberly Dunn – Don't Take Too Long S
Kimberly Dunn – High Horse S
Kimberly Dunn – Knock on Wood S
Kimberly Dunn – Lonestar S
Kimberly Dunn – Roots Run Deep S
Kimberly Dunn – Running out of Road S
Kimberly Dunn – Stand on It S
Kimberly Dunn – Traffic S
Kimberly Dunn – Until We Never Meet Again S
Kimberly Dunn – You Belong with Her S
Megan Davies & Keelan Donovan – Too Good at Goodbyes S
Meghan Patrick – Feel Me Gone S
Meghan Patrick – The Bad Guy S
Meghan Patrick – Walls Come Down S

Dropouts:
-- (14) Echosmith – Get Into My Car (13 weeks, peak #3) S V
-- (15) Catherine McGrath – Talk of This Town (13 weeks, peak #2) S V
-- (16) Annemarie Eilfeld – Einen Tag Sommer (6 weeks, peak #6) S V
-- (17) Meghan Patrick – Country Music Made Me Do It (10 weeks, peak #1 x2) S V
-- (18) Lila featuring Rat City – Don't Let Go (4 weeks, peak #18) S A
-- (19) Ellie Goulding – O Holy Night (3 weeks, peak #17) S A
-- (20) Helene Bøksle – The Blue Wave (5 weeks, peak #18) S A
-- (21) Echosmith featuring Hunter Hayes – Happy Xmas (War Is Over) (2 weeks, peak #21) S V
-- (22) Kelsea Ballerini – End of the World (3 weeks, peak #20) S A
-- (23) Jessie James Decker – Girl on the Coast (2 weeks, peak #23) S
-- (24) Katy Rose – Voices Carry (24 weeks, peak #11) S
-- (25) Ana Duarte – Love Me Tonight (3 weeks, peak #25) S A
-- (26) Chelsea Lankes – Matches (5 weeks, peak #22) S A
-- (27) Jada Facer – Hopeless (4 weeks, peak #23) S A
-- (28) Plumb – Fight for You (4 weeks, peak #27) S A
-- (29) Beatrice Egli – Keiner küsst mich (12 weeks, peak #9) S
-- (30) Taylor Swift – I Did Something Bad (8 weeks, peak #9) S

Chart History for Camila Cabello
I Have Questions | 23, 2017 | 25 | 3 | TBA

Chart History for Emily Burns
Plasters, Glitter and Glue | 36, 2013 | 7 | 4 | 60

Albums Top 20

 1  (RE) Vanessa Mai – Regenbogen (2017) (11 weeks, peak #1 x1)
 2 (NE) Kimberly Dunn – New Smoke Show
 3 (NE) Camila Cabello – Camila
 4 (NE) Meghan Patrick – Country Music Made Me Do It
 5 (NE) Jessie Chris – In It for You
 6  (RE) Lene Marlin – Playing My Game (1999) (153 weeks, peak #2)
 7   (1) Taylor Swift – Reputation (2017) (10 weeks, peak #1 x9)
 8  (RE) Delta Goodrem – Innocent Eyes (2003) (94 weeks, peak #2)
 9  (17) Katy Rose – Because I Can (2004) (330 weeks, peak #1 x11)
10  (19) Marion Ravn – Here I Am (2005) (173 weeks, peak #1 x6)
11  (RE) Casey Stratton – Standing at the Edge (2004) (27 weeks, peak #2)
12   (2) Beatrice Egli – Bis hierher und viel weiter (2014) (44 weeks, peak #1 x4)
13   (4) Amy Pearson – Who I Am (2008) (72 weeks, peak #1 x7)
14  (RE) Nina Gordon – Tonight and the Rest of My Life (2000) (172 weeks, peak #1 x20)
15  (RE) Angela Ammons – Angela Ammons (2001) (92 weeks, peak #1 x11)
16   (5) Roxette – Look Sharp! (1988) (86 weeks)
17   (9) Carola – Främling (1983) (57 weeks, peak #6)
18  (10) Rob Thomas – Cradlesong (2009) (24 weeks, peak #1 x2)
19   (7) Carola – Steg för steg (1984) (152 weeks, peak #4)
20  (RE) Shania Twain – Up! (2002) (84 weeks, peak #1 x9)

The entire top 6 is completely replaced since last week! Vanessa Mai's album, which originally peaked at #2, now returns at #1 thanks to the new edition with its four new songs. She is joined in the top 5 by four new albums released in 2018. Poor Taylor Swift drops from #1 to #7 but nine weeks at #1 is not bad. Last week's #2 drops to #12 and the #3 (another Beatrice album) even falls below #20 as the rest of the chart is again invaded by some of my favourite albums from the '00s, including Nina Gordon's album that once held the record for most number of weeks at #1 (not beaten until 2004).
Magnus
Manager

Postby Magnus » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:39 am

Top 30 for Week 3 2018 (15th – 21st January)
Chart #: 942, Volume: 1,124

Young country singer Jessie Chris climbs to #1 with "Heart to Break Your Heart" from her album In It for You.

Covers representing the five strong re-entries, all of them from the YEC Top 20.

Three of the four new albums from last week result in four additional songs in the top 30.

 1   (6) Jessie Chris – Heart to Break Your Heart S
 2   (1) Vanessa Mai – 1000 Lieder (2 weeks, peak #1) S
 3  (14) Alyssa Micaela – Clean Break (15 weeks, peak #1 x4) S A
 4   (3) Catherine McGrath – Thought It Was Gonna Be Me (8 weeks, peak #1 x3) S A
 5  (28) Maia – Du' kærlighed for mig (49 weeks, peak #1 x12) S A
 6   (5) Meghan Patrick – The Way You Apologize S
 7   (7) Camila Cabello – Something's Gotta Give S
 8  (10) Scavenger Hunt – Ghosts (4 weeks, peak #6) S A
 9  (27) Kate Todd – You're Gonna Find Out (28 weeks, peak #1 x5) S V
10   (2) Jamie-Lee – Coming Home for Christmas (6 weeks, peak #1 x3) S V
11  (RE) Alma – Après l'aurore (23 weeks, peak #1 x5) S A
12  (RE) Echosmith – Get Into My Car (14 weeks, peak #3) S V
13   (9) Emmelie de Forest – Sanctuary (10 weeks, peak #3) S A
14  (RE) RaeLynn – The Apple (13 weeks, peak #1) S A
15   (4) Jenny – Alles klar (7 weeks, peak #2) S A
16  (RE) Catherine McGrath – Talk of This Town (14 weeks, peak #2) S V
17  (RE) Meghan Patrick – Country Music Made Me Do It (11 weeks, peak #1 x2) S V
18  (11) Vanessa Mai – Irgendwie, irgendwo, irgendwann S
19  (18) Meghan Patrick – Small Town S
20  (16) Vanessa Mai – Wo du bist S
21  (17) Vanessa Mai – Solange es dich gibt S
22  (12) Meghan Patrick – Hardest on My Heart S
23  (20) Meghan Patrick – We Got It All S
24  (21) Meghan Patrick – George Strait S
25  (19) Meghan Patrick – The Buzz S
26 (NE) Meghan Patrick – Walls Come Down S
27 (NE) Meghan Patrick – The Bad Guy S
28  (22) Meghan Patrick – Underrated S
29 (NE) Kimberly Dunn – Running out of Road S
30 (NE) Jessie Chris – When You Call Me Baby S

Things were "back to normal" this week, with the top 2017 songs getting a lot of plays again and volume reaching more than 1,000 plays for the first time in a month. But it is one of the new songs from last week that claims the top position.

Bubblers:
Cecilia Kallin – Runaway S V
Jessie Chris – Better Off Gone S
Jessie Chris – Can't Get Enough S
Jessie Chris – In It for You S
Jessie Chris – One More S
Jessie Chris – Over It S
Kimberly Dunn – Courthouse Wedding S
Kimberly Dunn – Don't Take Too Long S
Kimberly Dunn – High Horse S
Kimberly Dunn – Knock on Wood S
Kimberly Dunn – Lonestar S
Kimberly Dunn – Roots Run Deep S
Kimberly Dunn – Stand on It S
Kimberly Dunn – Traffic S
Kimberly Dunn – You Belong with Her S
Meghan Patrick – Feel Me Gone S

Dropouts:
--  (8) Echosmith – Baby Don't Leave Me (All Alone on Christmas) (8 weeks, peak #1) S A
-- (13) My Indigo – Out of the Darkness (3 weeks, peak #7) S A
-- (15) Camila Cabello – All These Years (1 week) S
-- (23) Taylor Swift – Getaway Car (10 weeks, peak #3) S
-- (24) Sofia Carson featuring Alan Walker – Back to Beautiful (6 weeks, peak #9) S V
-- (25) My Indigo – My Indigo (6 weeks, peak #11) S V
-- (26) Camila Cabello – She Loves Control (1 week) S
-- (29) Meghan Patrick – Case of Beer and a Bed (1 week) S
-- (30) Emily Burns – Bitch (1 week) S A

Albums Top 20

 1   (5) Jessie Chris – In It for You
 2   (2) Kimberly Dunn – New Smoke Show
 3   (4) Meghan Patrick – Country Music Made Me Do It
 4   (1) Vanessa Mai – Regenbogen (2017) (12 weeks, peak #1 x1)
 5   (3) Camila Cabello – Camila
 6  (RE) Amy Diamond – Swings and Roundabouts (2009) (317 weeks, peak #1 x137)
 7  (RE) RaeLynn – Wildhorse (2017) (35 weeks, peak #1 x2)
 8  (12) Beatrice Egli – Bis hierher und viel weiter (2014) (45 weeks, peak #1 x4)
 9   (7) Taylor Swift – Reputation (2017) (11 weeks, peak #1 x9)
10  (RE) Beatrice Egli – Pure Lebensfreude (2013) (45 weeks, peak #2)
11  (RE) Alyssa Micaela – Cowboys Like That [EP] (2017) (13 weeks, peak #1 x4)
12  (RE) Emmelie de Forest – Only Teardrops (2013) (230 weeks, peak #1 x51)
13  (RE) Beatrice Egli – Kick im Augenblick (2016) (39 weeks, peak #1 x1)
14  (RE) Franziska – Magnetisch (2015) (31 weeks, peak #1 x5)
15  (RE) Kate Todd – One [EP] (2017) (27 weeks, peak #1 x8)
16  (RE) Lauren Alaina – Road Less Traveled (2017) (13 weeks, peak #1 x5)
17  (RE) Amy Diamond – Music in Motion (2007) (279 weeks, peak #1 x8)
18  (RE) Maia – Tusind ord [EP] (2017) (16 weeks, peak #4)
19  (RE) Lea Michele – Places (2017) (13 weeks, peak #2)
20  (RE) Hayley Westenra – Pure (2003) (471 weeks, peak #1 x68)

"Let's keep the top 5 (just shuffle it around a little) and REplace most everything else."
Magnus
Manager

Postby heppolo » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:59 am

20  (RE) Hayley Westenra – Pure (2003) (471 weeks, peak #1 x68)

Hayley was the NZ Adele back in the day (in terms of sales, solid album)
471 weeks is staggering, 9 years in the running
heppolo
Legend

Postby Magnus » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:20 pm

^ Thanks for commenting! Yeah, I remember following back in 2003 and 2004 how she just stayed #1 on the NZ albums chart, almost (?) as long as she did on mine... The full chart run for the album on my chart looks like this:

Magnus
Manager

Return to Personal Charts