Cheapthrills' Cheap 20

Moderators: JSparksFan, tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby cheapthrills » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:24 am

MusicRecords wrote:Making an appearance on this chart just to see whats up
Yay, thanks for following :)
Vote for songs in the Summertime Madness Tournamentr!
cheapthrills
Superstar

Postby cheapthrills » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:05 am

Chart Notes:

For the week ending 11/25:

* Feel It Still's streak continues despite strong competition from Havana. Coldplay's Adventure of a Lifetime was the last song to spend 7 weeks at the top.

* The Christmas playlist is starting to get some use, which means that there will be a big influx of seasonal songs in the coming weeks. We're already seeing the effect of that in Snowman, which skyrockets 19-7 this week.

* Eminem and Beyonce debut in the top 10. Together they have almost 50 top tens on this chart!

Aww, 2008 and this song! I was still in post-haze from Obama's election win and Love and Hope (which had a version interspersed with lines from Obama's campaign rallies) was on its way to a 7 week visit at #1 itself. On top of that, Lily's angry screed to lame duck President Bush regarding gay rights was settling for #2. Sigh, what a difference a new presidency makes :cry:

cheapthrills
Superstar

Postby Phoenixx » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:15 am

Great to see one of Sias Christmas Songs charting here 8-) Also very cool that Charlie is gaining into the Top-5! :)
Phoenixx
Purpose

Postby cheapthrills » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:39 am

Phoenixx wrote:Great to see one of Sias Christmas Songs charting here 8-) Also very cool that Charlie is gaining into the Top-5! :)
Charlie just keeps on moving up even though that song is long past its peak on the Hot 100. He has outperformed :)

And Sia has two, but Snowman has overtaken her first single as my favorite of the two - at least this week.
cheapthrills
Superstar

Postby BlueScorpion » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:36 am

Glad to see the Lily Allen song on Retro. Beyonce didn't impress on her debut. Christmas spirit is igniting in the chart :)
Hot like the real fever (the real Diva)
So successful yet still so eager
BlueScorpion
Superstar

Postby cheapthrills » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:42 pm

BlueScorpion wrote:Glad to see the Lily Allen song on Retro. Beyonce didn't impress on her debut. Christmas spirit is igniting in the chart :)
I'm a dork when it comes to Christmas music so there will be more - haha!

If only Lily released more music :(
cheapthrills
Superstar

Postby Mainshow » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:14 pm

"Attention" is finally getting the attention it deserves! Such a bop! Can't wait to listen to his upcoming album!
#JUSTICE4ALEKSEEV
Mainshow
Legend

Postby cdschart » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:14 pm

Feel It Still remaining at #1 :)
Havana, Love So Soft and Attention are all great pop songs as well
cdschart
Manager

Postby MusicRecords » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:53 am

Yass get in that christmas spirit 8-)
Follow me on Instagram

The ONLY user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby cheapthrills » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:05 pm

Mainshow wrote:"Attention" is finally getting the attention it deserves! Such a bop! Can't wait to listen to his upcoming album!
Yes, I just don't seem to be getting sick of it! The only thing stopping it now is Christmas music - haha! His newer single is bubbling under as well :)
cheapthrills
Superstar

Postby cheapthrills » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:07 pm

cdschart wrote:Feel It Still remaining at #1 :)
Havana, Love So Soft and Attention are all great pop songs as well
I think this one of the strongest top 5 lists I've had in awhile! Feel It Still has really killed it this year though :)

MusicRecords wrote:Yass get in that christmas spirit 8-)
Hehe. This is cute. There will be more :)
cheapthrills
Superstar

Postby SummerPeur » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:28 am

MusicRecords wrote:Yass get in that christmas spirit 8-)
^ This!!! So excited to see the personal charts become Christmas theme'd :D

+ Sad to see wolves is almost about to leave :(
How about you Get the F*** Out.
SummerPeur
Legend

Postby cheapthrills » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:44 am

Thanks for commenting, SummerPeur :D

Some of the most interesting chart records happen because of Christmas.

For example the oldest (Billy Gilman) and youngest (Blind Boys of ALabama) acts to hit #1 were both because of Christmas songs.

I am posting the next chart in the morning.
cheapthrills
Superstar

Postby cheapthrills » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:24 pm

cheapthrills wrote:I am posting the next chart in the morning.
Lies. Haha. OK, posting it now.
cheapthrills
Superstar

Postby cheapthrills » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:39 pm

Chart Notes:

For the week ending 12/2:

* After a monster run, Feel It Still succumbs to the Christmas spirit, as Sia takes just three weeks to hit #1. This is her 5th number one overall and they have all been in the last three years. It's also this week's biggest jump. I can't remember the last time the biggest jump was a jump to #1.

* Christmas always brings interesting players to my chart. Last year, for example, Loretta Lynn peaked at #2. This year, we say hello to two artists that haven't been on the top 20 since 2001! - Blake Shelton had his only chart appearance with "Austin" back in August of 2001, when he peaked at #7.

* Further down the chart, we say hello again to 98 Degrees, which last appeared even longer ago - in January of 2001 - nearly 17 years ago, with "My Everything" which went to #2.

OK, 2009 - how the hell did all these songs hit #1 and Alejandro did not? And how did Alejandro debut BEFORE Bad Romance? Well, in November 2009, I went to Argentina and Chile and yes, I had a playlist for that trip that included the top two songs. Unfortunately, Bad Romance was about to blow up, which took airplay away from Alejandro and it had to settle for #2 that year.

cheapthrills
Superstar

Postby BlueScorpion » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:07 am

Glad to see you liking Lil Snowman. It's not a favorite of mine but I can see why it's popular amongst people.

"Alejandro" >>>>>> 8-)
Hot like the real fever (the real Diva)
So successful yet still so eager
BlueScorpion
Superstar

Postby cheapthrills » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:28 pm

BlueScorpion wrote:Glad to see you liking Lil Snowman. It's not a favorite of mine but I can see why it's popular amongst people.

"Alejandro" >>>>>> 8-)
Alejandro totally deserved a week at #1 :(

Speaking of Mariah, this is her first song to chart in seven years! The last one was... Oh Santa! :lol:
cheapthrills
Superstar

Postby MusicRecords » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:26 am

Didn’t expect u to like snowman that much :lol: and yess Alejandro brings back memories :cry:
Follow me on Instagram

#KING
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby cheapthrills » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:23 pm

MusicRecords wrote:Didn’t expect u to like snowman that much :lol: and yess Alejandro brings back memories :cry:
I really like it! I thought her first single was going to make #1 but as fun as that is, Snowman is so much more a Sia song.
cheapthrills
Superstar

Postby cheapthrills » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:01 pm

Chart Notes:

For the week ending 12/9:

* This has been a busy week, so I apologize for not posting last week! I will post next week's at this time also

* Sia has two song sin the top five this week, but it's not the first time for her to do that. It's not even the first time this year. Back in February, she had both Never Give Up and Move Your Body both held top 5 positions at once. This is actually her third time though. Way back in 2008, she was in the top 5 with Academia and The Girl You Lost to Cocaine.

* Christmas music has nearlyc ompletely taken over the chart, but the biggest jump actually goes to Remember Me from the Pixar movie "Coco"

Aw, I actually made it to the Macy's parade in NYC in 2010, and the video for Duck Sauce was all about NYC featuring a pretty terrible Streisand impersonator. Still it was enough for it to get to #1. Meanwhile Cee-Lo was doing double duty in the top five. "Forget" You had actually peaked at #1 in September, but it managed to linger all the way through to December and ended up the #2 song of the year behind Bad Romance.

cheapthrills
Superstar

Postby cheapthrills » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:43 pm

Chart Notes:

For the week ending 12/16:

* The list of people who have hit the top 10 with more than one Christmas song is small, but grows by two this week. Mariah Carey last hit the chart in 2010 with Oh Santa!, which peaked at #10. Lil Snowman so far does that one spot better. Grace Potter, back the Nocturnals went all the way to the top five years ago, with Naughty Naughty Children.

* Posed to be only the 2nd act to chart with THREE Christmas songs in 98 Degrees, who charted in 1999 with both God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen and This Gift. The first to do so is Kelly Clarkson.

* Beyonce shows up for the third time this year as a featured act as she debuts with Ed Sheeran on Perfect.

What an amazing top five - Adele is in there twice with two iconic songs. I guess this time of year is prime for someone to go top five with two songs. Coldplay managed to sneak in week at #1 before being booted by Rumour Has It. In January 2016, Coldplay would return the favor by bumping Hello out of #1.

cheapthrills
Superstar

Postby MusicRecords » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:06 am

I can't at Snowman 3 weeks @ #1 hahaha

Very Christmas-y chart 8-)
Follow me on Instagram

#KING
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby cheapthrills » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:33 pm

If you saw me singing along to it while I drive, you would understand how that could happen :lol:
cheapthrills
Superstar

Postby cheapthrills » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:17 pm

Chart Notes:

For the week ending 12/23:

* So yes exclusively Christmas music this week and next so those who you hate seasonal songs may want to come back at the beginning of the year :)

* Snowman becomes Sia's 2nd longest #1 of her five #1s (I'm sure you can guess which is the longest.)

* Lil Snowman is Mimi's highest peaking song since We Belong Together.

Yes, you can see this seasonal music obsession is not a brand new thing. Haha, five years ago it was Cee Lo who triumphed in the Christmas season, in a song with a muppets of all things. Meanwhile, Dragonette had a huge week because we really need more danceable Christmas songs. This particular seasonal top five was more diverse than the current with a nod toward Hanukkah and New Year's.

cheapthrills
Superstar

Postby cheapthrills » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:55 pm

Chart Notes:

For the week ending 12/30:

* I am about to start my top 40 countdown for 2017. Follow it here.

* In the midst of the Christmas rush, last week, I neglected to mention a few things that happened on the chart this last couple of weeks. First, Sia has the top two songs on the chart becoming the first woman to do so (Adele got very close numerous times, but never closed the deal.) That makes her the 4th artist overall to do it ad the 2nd to do it with two seasonal songs (read further). Pharrell and Eminem each held the top two positions, tho Pharrell was featured on both (Get Lucky and Blurred Lines) while EMinem was featured on one (Not Afraid and Airplanes).

* The only other act to be the lead act on the top two singles is 98 Degrees. They did it at the turn of the millenium, with the last week of 1999 and first week of 2000. Last week, they snuck into the top 10, though they are out of the chart now. That makes them one of the rare acts to have made the top 10 in three consecutive decades. They are the 11th act to do so. The other 10 are listed below the retro chart.

* Snowman ties for most weeks at #1 for a Christmas song. The very first #1 on my chart was Colorado Christmas by the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band. 20 years ago this week it also got it's 5th week at #1.

2013 was an amazing year for Christmas music, with two iconic originals by Kelly Clarkson and Leona Lewis. In the Seasonal Songs countdown, both of these songs made the top ten. If you didn't check it out, you really should! Meanwhile, Lily Allen was on her way to what was only her 2nd number on my chart, following LDN.

The ten acts to hit the top ten in three decades:
Madonna
Bonnie Raitt
Eminem
Stone Temple Pilots
Scott Wieland
Whitney Houston
Mariah Carey
Britney Spears
Christina Aguilera
Usher

Stone Temple Pilots is the only act to have hit #1 in all three decades.
cheapthrills
Superstar

Return to Personal Charts