120. Shawn Mendes | There’s Nothing Holdin’ Me Back
119. Loreen | Statements
118. Iggy Azalea | MO Bounce
110. Selena Gomez + Marshmello | Wolves
109. Charli XCX | Boys
104. Miley Cyrus | Younger Now
101. Rita Ora | Your Song

Woah, already so many amazing tunes being outside the Top100 :o
All three Selena singles, "Feels" by Calvin & Co., "Symphony" ( :cry: ), "Stay", "Now Or Never", LWYMMD, "Younger Now" and "Your Song" are all amazing. Also nice to see Loreen having some entries, she actually had a great year IMO.

Now on to the Top100...

100. Liam Payne + Quavo | Strip That Down
094. OneRepublic | Future Looks Good
091. Carly Rae Jepsen | Cut To The Feeling
087. Charlie Puth | Attention
085. Halsey | Bad At Love
082. Loreen | Body
081. Imagine Dragons | Whatever It Takes
080. Zara Larsson | I Would Like
079. Inna | Ruleta
077. Imagine Dragons | Believer
076. Shania Twain | Swingin' With My Eyes Closed
Okay, another great bunch of songs!
Agree about "Future Looks Good", it should have been a proper single as it's definitely the highlight of "Oh My My".
Nice to see "Bat At Love". I prefer "Now Or Never" to this, but this grew on me massively and now i really love it too. Glad it became her first Top10 hit as a lead artist on the US Hot 100 8-)
Only discovered Inna's "Ruleta" now with the release of her new album. How did i miss this amazing summer tune?! Could have been my soundtrack for the summer :cry:
Love "I Would Like" and the ones by Imagine Dragons <3
Tansike
Legend

Postby Thriller » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:07 pm

I liked that Shania one, it became really catchy!

I Would Like is one of Zara's best.
Thriller

Postby Benjamin » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:55 pm

075. OneRepublic | No Vacancy
After the release of 'Oh My My' OneRepublic released a couple of singles including this gem. 'No Vacancy' is a bit different than the average OneRepublic song, what makes it a very interesting single in their discography. I like the Sebastian Yatra remix the best. He brings that latin heat.

074. Jax Jones + Demi Lovato & Stefflon Don | Instruction
'Instruction' is a smash. Jax Jones delivered another hot banger. I think Demi brought the fire to the track. It's one of my favourite Demi songs now. Sounds so good in the club.

073. Camila Cabello + Quavo | OMG
This song got overshadowed by the release of 'Havana'. Although the latter is the better song, I think 'OMG' is quite the bop. I would have loved to see a futuristic video for this, shot in Tokyo, but unfortunately she paid this dust. 'OMG' is not even going to be on her debut album, boo.

072. Rita Ora | Anywhere
'Your Song' was a nice comeback single, but 'Anywhere' is the real smash Rita delivered. This pop/dance production suits her so well, much better than the attempts to deliver urban bops. If she continues to deliver bops like this, 2018 is going to be a very successful year for her.

071. Garbage | No Horses
I'm a big Garbage fan and I was over the moon when I heard they were releasing a brand new single this year (so soon after the 'Strange Little Birds' album). 'No Horses' is a fantastic track. Dark, moody and sinister. The song is very political and carries a strong message. I respect them for making this song. Such a great track.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby SummerPeur » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:13 pm

079. Inna | Ruleta - Great tune! She always serves up body and beats ;D

074. Jax Jones + Demi Lovato & Stefflon Don | Instruction - Oh my god, I LOVED this song when it got released. But i actually forgot about it until now ahah.
SummerPeur wrote:Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
Goldmoney wrote:So does her microphone
SummerPeur
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:40 pm

"Whatever It Takes" is the best ID song since "Demons". I absolutely love it. "Believer" is good, too.

"Anywhere" is awesome! 8-)
Franklin’s music profoundly touched and changed the world, because over and over it offered that bridge to salvation, to freedom.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Thriller » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:32 am

Good to see Anywhere, should be higher!
Thriller

Postby Benjamin » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:19 pm

070. Boef | Habiba
Boef is a Dutch rapper who had his big breakthrough in his home country this year with this song. I really like it and I think he's quite hot too. Song's just too catchy.

069. Anitta + J. Balvin | Downtown
2017 was a huge year for both Anitta and J. Balvin, so they kind of had to collaborate again. 'Downtown' is a super hot song about... oral fixations. Anitta and J. Balvin have another single coming in 2018. The song's titled 'Machika' and is rumoured to be the official World Cup song. If it's as hot as 'Downtown', I'm more than ready.

068. Céline Dion | L'étoile
I really liked Céline's latest French album 'Encore Un Soir' and especially 'L'étoile'. It's such a cute and positive little song. I love it when she sings in French. I think this is one of the best songs she's released in years.

067. Mya | Coolin'
What a hot track. This song is perfect to listen to on a hot summer day when you're tanning by the pool and slowly starting to melt, haha. It's pure baby making music. This is the Mya I love. By far the best song she's released in years. She deserved the Grammy nomination for the 'Smoove Jones' for this song alone.

066. Zedd + Liam Payne | Get Low
Zedd teamed up with Liam Payne for what became one of the hottest dance tracks of the year. Unfortunately the song wasn't as big as Zedd's other single released this year. Shame, because I think this is far superior than 'Stay'. Liam daddy delivered.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby heppolo » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:35 pm

071. Garbage | No Horses

I approve this entry. Even if this may not big their best song, it is still pretty solid and listenable.
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby Benjamin » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:47 pm

^ Agreed that's not their best, they have so much more great songs, but I really like it. :) :)
glad you can appreciate it.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby JSparksFan » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:03 pm

"L'étoile" is lovely, and "Get Low" was a bop that deserved more.
Franklin’s music profoundly touched and changed the world, because over and over it offered that bridge to salvation, to freedom.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Tansike » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:40 pm

073. Camila Cabello + Quavo | OMG
072. Rita Ora | Anywhere
068. Céline Dion | L'étoile

Love "Get Low" and "Anywhere", while "OMG" and "L'étoile" are good too.
I can't at where Liam's hand is :lol:
Tansike
Legend

Postby Benjamin » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:20 pm

^ hahaha I didn’t even notice. Liam Peen <3
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby Carbon » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:26 pm

Coolin' and Anywhere are great (obv both charted chez moi)
необичните си имаат секој свој пат и тешко се среќаваат

last.fm
Carbon
Legend

Postby SummerPeur » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:32 am

Love! Love! Love!

Such a great collaboration.

Tansike wrote:I can't at where Liam's hand is :lol:
8-) Daddy just letting us know what's up.
SummerPeur
Legend

Postby Benjamin » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:40 am

SummerPeur wrote:
Love! Love! Love!

Such a great collaboration.

Tansike wrote:I can't at where Liam's hand is :lol:
8-) Daddy just letting us know what's up.
:lol: :lol: 8-)
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby Benjamin » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:08 am

065. Yandel + Wísin | Como Antes
Yandel teamed up with his other musical half again for the release of 'Como Antes', off his latest album '#Update'. What a tune this is. It's my fave from his album, which is surprisingly good too. If I would ever hear this in a club, I'd lose it. This is such a hoe anthem, I love it.

064. Jax Jones + RAYE | You Don't Know Me
Oooh na na hey! One of the catchiest dance tracks of 2017. What a dance floor filler. Brings back memories of my trip to Barcelona in April of this year. Didn't like the song before, but when I heard it in a club there, I started to love it. RAYE is an interesting artist too. I hope we will se more of her in 2018.

063. M.I.A. | P.O.W.A.
One of the best M.I.A. songs of the last few years in my opinion. No wonder, because she samples her best ever song 'Bamboo Banga' (from her 'Kala' album). The music video is great too, definitely one of the best of the year.

062. Luis Fonsi + Demi Lovato | Échame La Culpa
How do you follow-up your big breakthrough hit that - out of the blue - became one of the biggest hits of all-time? Luis Fonsi had a difficult task, but I think he did great with the Demi Lovato-assisted 'Échame La Culpa'. He didn't try to recreate 'Despacito' and that's a good thing. Great track. I still wish he had picked Christina Aguilera for this. She would've stayed.

061. Bruno Mars | That's What I Like
This was such a big smash for Bruno. I really like the track and I'm happy he's so successful. I'm excited to see what's next for him as he's expected to release new music (remix?) with Cardi B soon. This still bops though.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby luckyONE » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:03 pm

"That's What I Like" is such an amazing tune from Bruno!
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby Benjamin » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:38 am

060. Jennifer Lopez + Roberto Carlos | Chegaste
Jenny recorded this lovely duet with Brazilian singer Roberto Carlos. 'Chegaste' is her first song in Portuguese and she sounds very good on it. Very different from her usual material, but such a cute song. Fell in love with this when I was is Lisbon.

059. P!nk | What About Us
P!nk's comeback was huge his year. 'What About Us' is a good track, but I wasn't sold on it as first. I really like it now, but it's far from her best material. The message is of the song, artwork and video are very good. She did deliver.

058. J. Balvin + Pitbull & Camila Cabello | Hey Ma
I expected this to be huge. The soundtrack of the latest Fast & Furious movie is just too catchy. I love Camila on this, she truly makes the song. I can understand why they replaced Britney, because this has Camila written all over it. Don't understand why this wasn't a global smash.

057. LeAnn Rimes | Love Line
Best song from LeAnn's 'Remnants' album. This song is cute and catchy, plus it ha a nice message. I really wanted this to be a hit for her. I also really like the Dave Aude edit.

056. Lady Gaga | The Cure
Lady Gaga surprised her fans by releasing her brand new single 'The Cure' instead of releasing another single off 'Joanne'. the song's more pop and super catchy, but I don't understand why they released it the way they did. I think hey should've released another 'Joanne' single after the success of 'Million Reasons' and then re-release the album with 'The Cure' as new single, but oh well.
Last edited by Benjamin on Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby Benjamin » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:41 am

055. Debi Nova | Hábito
Debi Nova released her latest album 'Gran Ciudad' early 2017 and I fell in love with her record and her sweet voice. 'Hábito' is one of the highlights on the album. Such a wonderful track. The album's about following your dreams and describe her journey from moving from Costa Rica to the big city (gran ciudad) of Los Angeles to became a singer. So beautiful.

054. Jason Derulo + Nicki Minaj & Ty Dolla $ign
This is such an earworm. Jason delivered one of the dance floor fillers of 2017, because whenever this gets played it the club, people go crazy. The lyrics are funny and I think Nicki delivers one of her hottest rap verses since forever. Great tune.

053. J. Balvin + Bad Bunny | Is Tu Novia Te Deja Sola
J. Balvin smashed with the releases of his latest studio album 'Energía', but also release a couple of stand alone singles. His collaboration with Bad Bunny is just too hot. It's more rap and less pop, but I love it. Bad Bunny has a deep and raw voice, almost kind of noise, but I like it.

052. Lana Del Rey + The Weeknd | Lust For Life
Lust For Life describes my 2017. I have done so many great things, been to places, visited friends, made more friends, had the time of my life. This song became the anthem of all the good things in 2017. I feel alive and I've never been happier. Great track by the wonderful Lana Del Rey.

051. Goldfrapp | Anymore
Sex music. Damn. Goldfrapp delivered one red hot track with the release of 'Anymore'. That beat goes hard and is so dirty. Alison's vocals are sweet as honey, very sensual. One of the best they've ever done.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby heppolo » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:45 am

051. Goldfrapp | Anymore

Yes, this is back to Goldfrapp's golden age.
heppolo
Legend

Postby Benjamin » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:38 pm

heppolo wrote:051. Goldfrapp | Anymore

Yes, this is back to Goldfrapp's golden age.
Agreed! It's as good as 'Strict Machine' and 'Oh La La' if you ask me :)
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby SummerPeur » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:44 pm

The Cure - I'm still bitter that it was a throw away.....

Lust for Life - Great song! One of her best :)
SummerPeur
Legend

Postby Benjamin » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:38 am

050. Shania Twain | Life's About To Get Good
Lead single from Shania's comeback album 'Now'. Although I think the song wasn't the right choice to launch the era with ('Swingin'.. would've been better), I really like this. Such an uplifting song. Sounds like classic Shania with a modern twist. Should've been a bigger hit for her.

049. Iggy Azalea + Anitta | Switch
Say what you want about Iggy Azalea, but she keeps releasing bop after bop. 'Switch' is no exception. I hate how badly this was treated, as it deserved to be a big hit. The leak of the music video killed the song and the entire era. I love Anitta on this.

048. Lana Del Rey + A$AP Rocky & Playboi Carti | Summer Bummer
One of the highlights on the 'Lust For Life'a album. I love it when Lana leans towards hip-hop on her tracks. Her music with A$AP is always good. I would have loved to see a music video for this song, but unfortunately we got one for 'White Mustang' instead.

047. Katy Perry + Migos | Bon Appétit
Her biggest flop single since 'Thinking Of You'. I still don't understand why, but I think she just lost the momentum. Also, it's safe to say 2017 wasn't Katy Perry's year. 'Bon Appétit' is far from her best songs, but still a proper tune. I love to hear it when I go out.

046. Katy Perry + Skip Marley | Chained To The Rhythm
The start of the 'Witness' era was so promising. The release of 'Chained..' was quite exciting. She delivered a good song with a very good music video. Shame it all ent south afterwards. This song was quite a huge hit in my country and I keep hearing it on the radio. Cute song.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby heppolo » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:48 am

056. Bruno Mars | That's What I Like
Lady Gaga surprised her fans by releasing her brand new single 'The Cure' instead of releasing another single off 'Joanne'...

Wait, is there a mistake here? I see a sleeve pic of Lady Gaga as well
heppolo
Legend

Postby Benjamin » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:51 am

^ Aii oops! thanks :) I forgot to edit the title. #56 is the Lady Gaga song indeed :)
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Return to Year End Personal Charts