Mariah Carey

Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, stevyy, Benjamin, bm08

 

Song vs. Song: The Distance vs. Skinny Legends (Round 2)

Poll runs till Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:36 pm

The Distance
49
36%
Touch My Body
88
64%
 
Total votes : 137

Postby Shaka » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:40 pm

mm2912 wrote:what's your guys' favorite whistles era?

mine:

Charmbracelet> melodically Mariah was using it so beautifully. the live performances she inducted the whistles I think it elevated the songs like VOL, TTR, the one, yours, BOTH...

emotions> the whistles that era was so strong and ressonance
Emotions (they were so damn powerful)

Rainbow (the agility was unreal as well as the musicality, plus tonally was the most pleasant they ever sounded)

Then CB and TEOM (the ease was amazing)
User avatar
Shaka
Legend
 
Posts: 25428
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014
Location: Argentina

Postby SmartIsNewSexy » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:40 pm

heartlocked wrote:lmao does she even know what the product is? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Buahahaha :lol: :P
"Music starts with M and ends with C"

Mariah Carey
User avatar
SmartIsNewSexy
Legend
 
Posts: 20795
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010

Postby SmartIsNewSexy » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:42 pm

TwistedFantasy wrote:'Always Be My Baby' officially reaches 100M views on VEVO, her 10th!

:cry: :cry:

Another certified video. Mighty impressive for a so-called hasbeen
"Music starts with M and ends with C"

Mariah Carey
User avatar
SmartIsNewSexy
Legend
 
Posts: 20795
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010

Postby Shaka » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:44 pm

Butterflymzj wrote:Those ARMS are back! Look at that definition in her upper arm. :lol:
Yasss.
Serving #Hermosa toned arms.
User avatar
Shaka
Legend
 
Posts: 25428
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014
Location: Argentina

Postby SmartIsNewSexy » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:48 pm

Nick Jonas has ZERO chances. just saying ...... :P

My prediction, it's between THIS IS ME and REMEMBER ME.

But im hoping and praying that Mariah wins - just for her 30year contribution to music

2017:

"Home" Music by: Nick Jonas, Nick Monson & Justin Tranter, Lyrics by: Jonas & Tranter, Performed by: Jonas – Ferdinand

"Mighty River" Music by: Raphael Saadiq, Lyrics by: Mary J. Blige, Saadiq, & Taura Stinson, Performed by: Blige – Mudbound

"Remember Me" Music & Lyrics by: Kristen Anderson-Lopez & Robert Lopez, Performed by: Benjamin Bratt — Coco

"The Star" Music & Lyrics by: Mariah Carey & Marc Shaiman, Performed by: Carey – The Star

"This Is Me" Music & Lyrics by: Pasek & Paul, Performed by: Keala Settle – The Greatest Showman
Last edited by SmartIsNewSexy on Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Music starts with M and ends with C"

Mariah Carey
User avatar
SmartIsNewSexy
Legend
 
Posts: 20795
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010

Postby Shaka » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:51 pm

Hoodriah wrote:I swear the Audience audio always sounds better than the TV one
Definitely.
Her voice sounded so isolated-ish on TV. Don't know why she chose to sing with that dry mic. There was zero reverb!
User avatar
Shaka
Legend
 
Posts: 25428
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014
Location: Argentina

Postby stevyy » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:53 pm

SmartIsNewSexy wrote:
Another certified video. Mighty impressive for a so-called hasbeen
Our has-been did quite poorly in 2017: She truly is the laughing stock of the world. FLOP #BringStellaBack

Peaks

All I want for Christmas Is You

#1 - Norway
#1 - Czech Republic
#1 - Belgium (combined Catalogue Chart)
#2 - United KIngdom
#2 - Denmark
#2 - Sweden
#3 - Netherlands
#3 - Ireland
#3 - Germany
#3 - Slovakia
#3 - Finland
#3 - Slovenia
#3 - Hungary
#4 - New Zealand
#4 - Switzerland
#4 - Canada
#5 - Austria
#6 - Italy
#6 - Australia
#7 - France
#7 - Poland
#9 - USA
#14 - South Korea
#17 - Portugal
#17 - Bulgaria
#18 - Japan
#40 - Spain

Merry Xmas:
#11 - Denmark
#13 - Australia
#14 - Norway
#18 - USA
#23 - Canada
#29 - Finland
#39 - Belgium (Midprice)
#52 - Italy
#61 - Slovakia
#159 - United KIngdom

Merry Xmas 2.0
#9 - South Korea (International Albums)
#28 - Greece

Mariah Carey
O2 Arena
London, U.K.
Dec. 11, 2017
$1,525,000
15,074 / 16,290
1 / 0

Mariah Carey
AccorHotels Arena
Paris, France
Dec. 09, 2017
$645,330
6,479 / 7552
1 / 0
User avatar
stevyy
Legend
 
Posts: 51479
Joined: Sat May 14, 2005
Location: .dk

Postby BehindBreakaway » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:57 pm

SmartIsNewSexy wrote:
Butterflymzj wrote:
woabritney wrote:I think it's odd that people are discounting The Star's chances -- it's a gorgeous song written by 2 of music's biggest legends and sang by one of the most accomplished singers of all-time. I won't be surprised if she wins.

*crosses fingers that I didn't just jinx it for them, lol*
I think "The Stars" chances are very good, especially with all the good press she has gotten lately. I also. Think Kelly presenting is a very good indication. Anyhow, of course things can go either way, but here is to positive vibes. :wink:
This.
Mariah was in the spotlight over Christmas, when most voters send in their ballots.

It's interesting that Kelly is presenting....
1) she is in the cast of the "the star" movie
2) she idolizes Mariah
I think it's a good sign tbh
3 months and I'm still sober, picked all my weeds but kept the flowers!
User avatar
BehindBreakaway
Manager
 
Posts: 2605
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016

Postby Shaka » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:03 pm

Image
User avatar
Shaka
Legend
 
Posts: 25428
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014
Location: Argentina

Postby stevyy » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:07 pm

in 2018

Merry Christmas will hit 500 million spotify streams
Daydream will hit 200 million
Emancipation will also hit 200 million
Music Box will hit 150 million

Total studio albums streams will probably increase to 1,8 billion by year's end.
User avatar
stevyy
Legend
 
Posts: 51479
Joined: Sat May 14, 2005
Location: .dk

Postby Shaka » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:11 pm

:lol:

User avatar
Shaka
Legend
 
Posts: 25428
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014
Location: Argentina

Postby HerSweetLullaby » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:15 pm

Could she have started the year any better?! :D Sooo much to look forward to. 28 years later and she's still giving us solid music and #moments.
Got flavour like ice cream
User avatar
HerSweetLullaby
Manager
 
Posts: 1608
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014

Postby Selfless » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:17 pm

SmartIsNewSexy wrote:
AlmondBreeze wrote:The Star may win just because of Marc Shaiman - he is an industry legend and ultra respected. His mature conservative traditional sound paired with Mariah's pop sensibility may be just enough to impress the voters.
For comparison.
Madonna won a Golden Globe for "Masterpiece" in 2012.
The song and movie were both flops and she beat lady gaga/Elton and Mary blige

Mariah is the ONLY legend in the category. She has just as much chance as anyone
:lol:
MJB
Selfless
Personal Assistant
 
Posts: 567
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012

Postby SmartIsNewSexy » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:17 pm

Shaka wrote::lol:

PHOTOSHOPPING GENIUS ! :lol: :P
"Music starts with M and ends with C"

Mariah Carey
User avatar
SmartIsNewSexy
Legend
 
Posts: 20795
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010

Postby SmartIsNewSexy » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:20 pm

Selfless wrote:
SmartIsNewSexy wrote:
AlmondBreeze wrote:The Star may win just because of Marc Shaiman - he is an industry legend and ultra respected. His mature conservative traditional sound paired with Mariah's pop sensibility may be just enough to impress the voters.
For comparison.
Madonna won a Golden Globe for "Masterpiece" in 2012.
The song and movie were both flops and she beat lady gaga/Elton and Mary blige

Mariah is the ONLY legend in the category. She has just as much chance as anyone
:lol:
I love Mary.
But she isn't in the same league as Mariah (no shade)
"Music starts with M and ends with C"

Mariah Carey
User avatar
SmartIsNewSexy
Legend
 
Posts: 20795
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010

Postby SmartIsNewSexy » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:22 pm

Mariah and Mary have a mutual respect for each other :cry:
"Music starts with M and ends with C"

Mariah Carey
User avatar
SmartIsNewSexy
Legend
 
Posts: 20795
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010

Postby delapuerta » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:33 pm

Shaka wrote:Image
Where do they get this stats?
delapuerta
Manager
 
Posts: 2301
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2014

Postby taustin13 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:42 pm

stevyy wrote:
SmartIsNewSexy wrote:
Another certified video. Mighty impressive for a so-called hasbeen
Our has-been did quite poorly in 2017: She truly is the laughing stock of the world. FLOP #BringStellaBack

Peaks

All I want for Christmas Is You

#1 - Norway
#1 - Czech Republic
#1 - Belgium (combined Catalogue Chart)
#2 - United KIngdom
#2 - Denmark
#2 - Sweden
#3 - Netherlands
#3 - Ireland
#3 - Germany
#3 - Slovakia
#3 - Finland
#3 - Slovenia
#3 - Hungary
#4 - New Zealand
#4 - Switzerland
#4 - Canada
#5 - Austria
#6 - Italy
#6 - Australia
#7 - France
#7 - Poland
#9 - USA
#14 - South Korea
#17 - Portugal
#17 - Bulgaria
#18 - Japan
#40 - Spain

Merry Xmas:
#11 - Denmark
#13 - Australia
#14 - Norway
#18 - USA
#23 - Canada
#29 - Finland
#39 - Belgium (Midprice)
#52 - Italy
#61 - Slovakia
#159 - United KIngdom

Merry Xmas 2.0
#9 - South Korea (International Albums)
#28 - Greece

Mariah Carey
O2 Arena
London, U.K.
Dec. 11, 2017
$1,525,000
15,074 / 16,290
1 / 0

Mariah Carey
AccorHotels Arena
Paris, France
Dec. 09, 2017
$645,330
6,479 / 7552
1 / 0
RELEVANT QUEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNN!!!!!
I love all things Mariah. DAAAAHHHHLING!!!!
User avatar
taustin13
Manager
 
Posts: 3821
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015
Location: Indiana

Postby hotMCfan » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:44 pm

Mariah needs to do another unplugged session to fully shut down all the haters! It needs to be aired on a major channel and be simultaneously aired via Facebook Live! :D
User avatar
hotMCfan
Superstar
 
Posts: 7233
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008

Postby taustin13 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:50 pm

hotMCfan wrote:Mariah needs to do another unplugged session to fully shut down all the haters! It needs to be aired on a major channel and be simultaneously aired via Facebook Live! :D
I like this. Fantastical mind you have.
I love all things Mariah. DAAAAHHHHLING!!!!
User avatar
taustin13
Manager
 
Posts: 3821
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015
Location: Indiana

Postby justTrifling » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:53 pm

bm08 wrote:New BTS shots of the Premier shoot:

Image
ImageImage
This is the prettiest color, I want skinnyRiah to wear this again lol

Honestly used to think an Unplugged was unrealistic but she did just add a bunch of live parts to Hero which gives me some serious hope lol
It was twilight
On the Fourth of July
Sparkling
colors were
Strewn across the sky
User avatar
justTrifling
Manager
 
Posts: 1790
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017
Location: NY

Postby TwistedFantasy » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:19 pm

That's some serious Photoshop skills right here :o :lol:

User avatar
TwistedFantasy
Manager
 
Posts: 3831
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015
Location: France

Postby SmartIsNewSexy » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:27 pm

TwistedFantasy wrote:That's some serious Photoshop skills right here :o :lol:

Genius !

Mariah needs to hire some of her lambs.....

Seriously!
Image
"Music starts with M and ends with C"

Mariah Carey
User avatar
SmartIsNewSexy
Legend
 
Posts: 20795
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010

Postby bm08 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:40 pm

Professional HD footage of Mariah rehearsing Hero for NYRE. "We'll be wearing the ski ensemble" :lol:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdgGflylG2F/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BdgHOpcl6YL/

Unfortunately, not sure the actual source
User avatar
bm08
Moderator - Mariah Carey Topic
 
Posts: 10441
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2013

Postby SummerPeur » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:54 pm

Oh my god, I love EVERYTHING ON THIS PAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SummerPeur wrote:Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
Goldmoney wrote:So does her microphone
User avatar
SummerPeur
Legend
 
Posts: 10411
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2012
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Return to General Artists Discussion