Enrique Iglesias | Subeme La Radio
No votes
Major Lazer + Anitta & Pabllo Vittar | Sua Cara
No votes
Katy Perry + Nicki Minaj | Swish Swish
15%

Total votes : 13

Postby UKMusicLova » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:54 am

Jax Jones is one of my favourite producers at the moment, he makes such fun pop/dance songs with catchy hooks! 'Bon Appetit' could have been amazing, the production is massive, but something is just off for me!
UKMusicLova
Legend

Postby king_oxymoron » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:37 pm

Enjoyed Echema La Culpa. Switch, The Cure and Chained. I see what you mean about Christina on the Fonsi track, but Demi did great
king_oxymoron
Lickin' On Both Sides

Postby Thriller » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:46 pm

Goldfrapp! I'd forgotten about that song and I really should check the album out.
Thriller

Postby SummerPeur » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:22 pm

046. Katy Perry + Skip Marley | Chained To The Rhythm

Glad to see this make the Top50!

This is one of Katy's best.
Yeah, I Bloom
I, Bloom Just For You
I Bloom, Just For Youuuuu
SummerPeur
Superstar

Postby JSparksFan » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:04 am

"That's What I Like" is terrific! Bruno always manages to modernise retro sounds, giving his music a refreshing, distinctive slant. "What About Us" is below P!nk's usual standard, but "The Cure" is amazing. Love Gaga's earnestness on the track.

"Lust for Life" is beautiful. May the second half of 2018 bring me that kind of feeling you described in your write-up (and that Lana describes in the song).

"Summer Bummer" is great. I love Lana's forays into hip/hop, too. "Chained to the Rhythm" is one of Katy's best written songs; it helps that it's uber catchy, too.
Aretha Franklin was an angel. Her voice helped lift our spirits and at times gave us the soundtrack to cope with our pain.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Tansike » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:22 pm

061. Bruno Mars | That's What I Like
059. P!nk | What About Us
056. Lady Gaga | The Cure
052. Lana Del Rey + The Weeknd | Lust For Life
050. Shania Twain | Life's About To Get Good
049. Iggy Azalea + Anitta | Switch
048. Lana Del Rey + A$AP Rocky & Playboi Carti | Summer Bummer
047. Katy Perry + Migos | Bon Appétit
046. Katy Perry + Skip Marley | Chained To The Rhythm

Some great ones, "The Cure", "What About Us" & the two Katy songs being my faves from the group. Absolutely agree when it comes to the release strategy of "The Cure", they should have made a re-release of "Joanne"... it could have done even better than it already did.
Tansike
Legend

Postby Benjamin » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:50 pm

045. Mandy Moore | Willin'
Mandy Moore recorded a cover of Little Feat's 'Willin' and truly delivered one of the most beautiful songs of the year. Her voice sounds so good on this track. The song as used in Mandy's TV hit show 'This Is Us' (which is amazing by the way). I hope she will release more songs like this.

044. Maluma | Cuatro Babys
Maluma's dirtiest song. Naughty and unapologetic. Exactly how I like my King. The thirst is real and this song is the absolute sex. That's all haha. I'm going to take a cold shower now.

043. Tori Amos | Cloud Riders
I always get excited when Tori Amos announces a new album. 'Native Invader' is a great record and the album's first single is truly beautiful. 'Cloud Riders' is dreamy and has a fairytale feeling to it.

042. French Montana + Swae Lee | Unforgettable
One of the biggest rap singles of the year. French Montana's 'Unforgettable' was huge and even got two official remixes. The Mariah Carey mix is popular by her fans, but I much prefer the Latin Mix, featuring J. Balvin. It's by far the best thing French Montana's ever done.

041. Sia | Move Your Body
After releasing two smash hits ('Cheap Thrills' and 'The Greatest') Sia managed to let one of the best songs on the 'This Is Acting' flop. 'Move Your Body' (and especially the single edit or the Alan Walker mix) is a tune that deserved to smash. The song was originally written for Shakira, but Sia made it her own and slayed.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby croatiaxtina » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:55 pm

Move Your Body is anthem <3
croatiaxtina
Legend

Postby heppolo » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:06 pm

Tori's the best of this bunch for me, for sure. So elegant and beautiful.
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby Carbon » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:14 pm

Cloud Riders is so nice
необичните си имаат секој свој пат и тешко се среќаваат

last.fm
Carbon
Legend

Postby SummerPeur » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:39 pm

045. Mandy Moore | Willin' - Would give a spin solely because its Mandy.

042. French Montana + Swae Lee | Unforgettable

Fantastic song! I love the original and I love Mariah's verison. Everything that was done with this song was spot on.
Yeah, I Bloom
I, Bloom Just For You
SummerPeur
Superstar

Postby JSparksFan » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:06 am

Maluma is adorable (well, he's more than that, but I'mma keep it cute) but the only song of his I really like is "Corazón". "Unforgettable" is good. The album version of "Move Your Body" is one of Sia's career-best singles. Such an exhilarating chorus!
Aretha Franklin was an angel. Her voice helped lift our spirits and at times gave us the soundtrack to cope with our pain.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Benjamin » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:30 am

JSparksFan wrote:Maluma is adorable (well, he's more than that, but I'mma keep it cute) but the only song of his I really like is "Corazón".
Super adorable <3 haha
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby Benjamin » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:46 am

040. Calvin Harris + Frank Ocean & Migos | Slide
The King of EDM changed up his style with the release of his latest album 'Funk Wav Bounces Vol. 1'. Calvin Harris switched from Eurodance to more a more urban sound as it works surprisingly well. 'Slide' is one of the best songs he's ever released in my opinion. I hope he will release 'Vol. 2' this year.

039. CNCO + Little Mix | Reggaeton Lento (Bailemos)
I first heard the original version (without Little Mix) when I went to visit my friends in Barcelona and we went out to a bar. I thought the song was super catchy and I instantly liked it. When the Little Mix version was released, I didn't like it at first - because I'm not a big fan of these chicks - but their version has grown on me over the months. The song was a huge hit here and I dare to say I prefer it to the original.

038. G-Eazy + A$AP Rocky & Cardi B | No Limit
This is a tune. G-Eazy teamed up with A$AP Rocky and Cardi B to deliver one of the best rap songs of the year. His best song since 'Me, Myself & I'', in my opinion. Cardi's verse makes the song for me. She had such a big year and I really like her. She's fresh and the girl can rap.

037. Alvaro Soler | Animal
'Animal' is the last single released from Alvaro Soler's debut album 'Eternal Agosto', released in 2016. The album has become one of my favourites of the past few years, as there's no single filler track. I went to his concert in Amsterdam early 2017 and I was blown away by his performance. One of the best shows I've ever been to. Felt like one big party.

036. Nick Jonas + Anne-Marie & Mike Posner | Remember I Told You
I still don't understand why this flopped so hard. Nick, Anne-Marie and Mike Posner (eww, hate him, but okay) released one of the catchiest pop tunes of 2017. The music video is too cute and Nick looks so handsome. He really is the definition of husband material as he's both super hot and super cute. Awwww.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby Thriller » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:30 pm

Calvin Harris and French Montana are the best ones there, I wish more urban music had been like those songs this year.
Thriller

Postby Benjamin » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:19 am

035. Ariana Grande + Future | Everyday
After releasing three absolute smashes ('Dangerous Woman', 'Into You' and 'Side To Side'), the fourth single from 'Dangerous Woman' album underperformed. Shame, because this one is still a bop. One of the highlights when I went to see her show in Amsterdam earlier this year. Mamacita slayed so hard.

034. N*E*R*D + Rihanna | Lemon
N*E*R*D is the definition of cool. So is Rihanna, so this collaboration is a win-win. I love 'Lemon' as it's fresh and in your face. Rihanna's parts are great, she sounds a little bit like Fergie at times. Glad to have N*E*R*D back, 'No_One Ever Really Dies' is a good album. Pharrell never disappoints.

033. Clean Bandit + Marina And The Diamonds | Disconnect
Best song Clean Bandit has ever made. Basically because sounds like a Marina And The Diamonds song haha. I love Marina and I can't wait for new material. 'Disconnect' is beautiful. Song makes me happy and a little bit sad at the same time. Brings back memories to my trip from Lisbon to Setubal and other places with my friends. Driving the car in that heat, playing this song on repeat I cherish that.

032. Kesha | Praying
This is how you make a comeback. Everybody is rooting for Kesha and the release and success of 'Praying' has proven that. The song is nothing you would expect from her (looking at her older releases) but somehow it worked out for her. Beautiful song with a great message. Glad to have her back.

031. Nick Jonas | Find You
One of the best songs Nick Jonas has ever released. Deserved to be huge. Catchy pop tune with a good music video. I hope he continues to release bops like this. He really has become one of my favourite male singers of the past few years.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby luckyONE » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:01 am

i love "Bon Appetit", it's my favorite song off "WITNESS".

I already loved Calvin Harris before, but I really dig his new sound on "Funk Wav Bounces Vol. 1".
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby SummerPeur » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:06 am

037. Alvaro Soler | Animal

Loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee it so much!
Yeah, I Bloom
I, Bloom Just For You
SummerPeur
Superstar

Postby Benjamin » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:05 pm

SummerPeur wrote:037. Alvaro Soler | Animal

Loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee it so much!
Yay! :) I thought I was the only one haha. He's cute too.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby Benjamin » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:32 pm

030. Bebe Rexha | I Got You
This is my favourite Bebe song by far. The song is super catchy and is like an anthem. The other songs on her EPs are nice, but not quite as good. I wonder if she will ever top this for me, to be honest.

029. Lana Del Rey | Love
Lana Del Rey never disappoints. I really enjoyed the 'Lust For Life' album and especially it's first single 'Love'. There's something nostalgic about this song. Definitely much stronger than 'High By The Beach', the lead single from her previous album 'Honeymoon'.

028. Dua Lipa | Homesick
When I first heard this song I fell in love with it. When I heard her perform it live in Amsterdam, I had goosebumps all over my body. 'Homesick' is such a beautiful song. Glad she released it as a single in my country. Deserved to be a worldwide smash in my opinion, as it's one of Dua's best.

027. Kendrick Lamar | HUMBLE.
King Kendrick. What a tune! I really liked his previous album 'To Pimp A Butterfly', but his latest album 'DAMN' took my love for him to the next level. He's probably my favourite rapper out there, at the moment. This song is a modern classic. One of his best so far.

026. TLC + Snoop Dogg
To be honest, TLC's comeback album wasn't everything I wanted it to be. I'm a huge fan, but their latest material just wasn't on par. The album contains a handful of good songs though and I think 'Way Back' is one of them. Such a nice throwback song, perfect for a shot summer day. I will always miss Left Eye though when it comes to TLC. It's just not the same without her.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby Benjamin » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:59 am

luckyONE wrote:i love "Bon Appetit", it's my favorite song off "WITNESS".

I already loved Calvin Harris before, but I really dig his new sound on "Funk Wav Bounces Vol. 1".
Yeah he needs to release a Vol. 2 too. I’d love for him to work with SZA or Kelela. Or Camila. :)
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby Thriller » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:30 am

Good to see someone else enjoying I Got You!
Thriller

Postby heppolo » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:36 am

Got really sick of it during this year, radios played it a lot. Nevertheless, it is undeniably catchy.
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:58 pm

"Slide" is a grower, and it grew on me after I compiled my year-end lists. :lol: The same applies to "No Limit". I think "Remember I Told You" flopped because it's underwhelming, and, ironically, forgettable.

"Praying" is good. "Find You" isn't bad. "Love" is beautiful. "Humble" was perhaps the second biggest rap moment of the year.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Tansike » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:35 pm

041. Sia | Move Your Body
040. Calvin Harris + Frank Ocean & Migos | Slide
036. Nick Jonas + Anne-Marie & Mike Posner | Remember I Told You
035. Ariana Grande + Future | Everyday
033. Clean Bandit + Marina And The Diamonds | Disconnect
032. Kesha | Praying

031. Nick Jonas | Find You
029. Lana Del Rey | Love
028. Dua Lipa | Homesick
027. Kendrick Lamar | HUMBLE.

Love the latest updates!
"I Got You", "Praying", "Disconnect" and "Move Your Body" are all truly amazing.
Surprised how high Tori Amos is, but that's obviously well deserved (even though i think "Cloud Riders" is actually one of the weakest songs on "Native Invader")
Tansike
Legend

Return to Year End Personal Charts