Hello from Brian in Tampa Bay, FL, US

Postby brianc33710 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:54 am

Hey everyone. My name is Brian, and I was born in August 1974. I am a white Christian male. While I am originally from Birmingham, AL, US, I have lived in the Tampa Bay area of Florida, US since August 2008.

As for interests:

-- I graduated with my Masters in Mass Communications in August 2017 from the University of South Florida, here in Tampa Bay. If I had more money in savings, and far less debt, I would have gone forward toward my PhD and Fellowship (four more years) at the University of Florida in Gainesville, FL, US. I still would like to do so at some point.
-- I like Active Rock, Alternative, Country, AAA, and Christian music. Despite my age, I do not like to listen to 90% of the music released prior to late 1999 or 2000.
-- I love to write about Rock (Active, Alternative, AAA, and Christian), and Country music. I have actively kept up with the Billboard charts since July of 1984, when Prince & The Revolution's "When Doves Cry" was the Number One song on the Hot 100. My music articles relate to airplay analysis, whether it be Billboard (Country and Christian Rock) or Mediabase (Rock).
-- I also write about and photograph Rugby and Weather/Meteorology/Climatology. I have followed Rugby for over ten years, and Weather for 40 years.
-- I also write about Libertarian Politics (Libertarian here in North America, Liberal for the rest of the world). For those in the UK, I would probably be closest to the Liberal Democratic Party. In Germany, I would be closest to the Free Democratic Party. You can look more about my party's platform. However, I do not plan to discuss politics on here.
-- I have had works published, and I am also a photographer. Should you want to see any of my Rugby, Weather, and/or Music articles, I will happily share the links. I am passionate about all three of these subject areas.
-- My favourite sports are Rugby, College (US) Football, Hockey, Baseball, and UFC. Since this is a UK website, more people probably know more about Rugby than those on ATRL. So I will say League>Union>Sevens. Sorry, but soccer/non-US-football bores me.
-- I work out and eat right, and I hope I can make it back to the Rugby pitch this summer. I love parrots (I refuse to even eat bird meat, and I limit myself to only cage-free eggs); I have four parrots, and my Mom has two more birds I will inherit. I also like tropical vegetation (palm trees, etc.).
-- I am a Catholic Christian who attends Mass most Sundays, read my Bible nightly, and pray every night (and at times through the day). However, I do not want to discuss my religion on here unless there are forums with relate to Christianity.
-- I have considered moving to Europe, and working toward citizenship of a European Country. For the record, I was planning to do so whether Clinton or Trump won (remember, I am a Libertarian, and I hate both the Republicans and the Democrats).
-- I have the most ties in Munchen, Bavaria, Germany should I move there. I also have a lot of ties to become a Rugby League reporter in Australia, but their customs laws prohibited me from bringing my birds. Though it is a complicated process, I can bring my birds to Europe. That being said, I hate cold weather, and everywhere in Europe is colder than Tampa Bay.
-- I am of English, Irish, Scottish, Welsh, French, and German descent. Given my very fair skin and blue eyes, I doubt there is more in my bloodline than the six sources listed above. Both sides of my family moved to the US over 200 years ago.

That is everything I can think of off the top of my head. And, yes, I know what I wrote is far more than others in their new member introductions.

Postby GetBack » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:03 am

Welcome to UKMix! 8-) 8-)

Hope you enjoy this place although there aren't much Active Rock, Alternative, Country, and Christian music threads in here.

:D :D
I want to feel your heart and soul inside of me
Let's make a deal you roll, I lick
And we can go flying into ecstasy

Postby Colbie » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:46 am

Welcome here!
Mic Mic Bungee

Postby navi » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:29 pm

You said/wrote the magic word - Alternative 8-)
so big welcome :D
My year(s) in lists by Ivan (2008 - 2013)

Postby Nippian93 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:16 pm

Welcome to UKMix, a very interesting introduction :)
❤Whitney Houston

Postby brianc33710 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:09 pm

Thank you everyone. Yeah, a year or so ago I tried to sign up for a music website related to just Rock music, but I couldn't get the link to work. Hopefully I can get back to my music writing soon. I have copied and pasted every Monday update for all of the formats so far this year, so I am getting the research part of the work done.

Postby DOSSOME » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:12 pm

Welcome to UKMIX.. Looking forward to seeing you around often

Postby SummerPeur » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:43 pm

Nippian93 wrote:Welcome to UKMix, a very interesting introduction :)
+1 Was great to read, and I hope you enjoy the site!
Love, is love, is love. - Kylie M.
Hottest Single All Stars, in the game section.

Return to New Member Introductions