Justin Timberlake + Chris Stapleton | Say Something

Moderators: Spartan, urbanmusik

Postby abi » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:02 am

With that being said, this is surprisingly really good. Still, hopefully there won't be too much Country-ish songs on the album.
abi
Legend

Postby Tansike » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:58 am

Definitely the best of all three songs so far!
Tansike
Legend

Postby Yoshie » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:24 am

This is the most organic sounding song of the three we've heard. It's the first time I've heard Chris Stapleton sing; his vocals compliment Justin's nicely. I enjoy the song a lot, but the music video was unnecessary.
Yoshie
Legend

Postby Thriller » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:36 am

I'm just not feeling this era based on the three songs we've heard so far and that's a real disappointment as I was prepared to love the new material. Filthy I enjoyed for literally a week then had no desire to play it again, Supplies I played once and remembered not one note of it so haven't bothered since, and now this track is just a bit too filler for me. There's nothing making me sit up and take notice.
Thriller

Postby GreekGeek » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:22 am

Hugo wrote:Its upsetting that in a music forum, some still view negative criticism as hate.

If I check his stuff is because I still care, otherwise I wouldn't even give a crap as is the case for many acts.
In order to not be upset in the future, next time you criticise someone/something, keep in mind to make it not look like a campaign of hatred. :wink:
And the 8th day God created KYLIE!!! <3
GreekGeek
Superstar

Postby feeklv » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:17 pm

So he released 3 singles all with their own videos? When is his album released? Soon a assume? Anyway I like this song best out of the 3.
feeklv
Manager

Postby ludichris » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:26 pm

Finally a SONG from him that I can get into this era. It almost sounds like a one take jamming session that they decided to put out there and I like that.
ludichris
Manager

Postby Benjamin » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:40 pm

This will be huge I think.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby GreekGeek » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:47 pm

feeklv wrote:So he released 3 singles all with their own videos? When is his album released? Soon a assume? Anyway I like this song best out of the 3.
There's another one single with a mv coming on February 2! The exact same day the album is also being released!
And the 8th day God created KYLIE!!! <3
GreekGeek
Superstar

Postby Hype » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:11 pm

This is another great track!
CALL ME CALICE, CALL ME COLD. YOU'RE ITALIC, I'M IN BOLD.
Hype
Legend

Postby Hermes » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:05 pm

This is SO good !!!
Hermes
Manager

Postby DOSSOME » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:12 pm

Thriller wrote:I'm just not feeling this era based on the three songs we've heard so far and that's a real disappointment as I was prepared to love the new material. Filthy I enjoyed for literally a week then had no desire to play it again, Supplies I played once and remembered not one note of it so haven't bothered since, and now this track is just a bit too filler for me. There's nothing making me sit up and take notice.
Me basically...
DOSSOME
Legend

Postby ThaInfo1 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:17 pm

ludichris wrote:Finally a SONG from him that I can get into this era. It almost sounds like a one take jamming session that they decided to put out there and I like that.
I think that’s why I like it. Which is odd considering this is his most country boy sounding song so far.
'SCAPE
ThaInfo1
Legend

Postby BlueScorpion » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:23 am

DOSSOME wrote:
Thriller wrote:I'm just not feeling this era based on the three songs we've heard so far and that's a real disappointment as I was prepared to love the new material. Filthy I enjoyed for literally a week then had no desire to play it again, Supplies I played once and remembered not one note of it so haven't bothered since, and now this track is just a bit too filler for me. There's nothing making me sit up and take notice.
Me basically...
Hot like the real fever (the real Diva)
So successful yet still so eager
BlueScorpion
Superstar

Postby Ska8er » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:37 am

This is actually good. Lyrics could've been better, but the production and Chris elevate this.
Rest In Peace Lilly!
Ska8er
Legend

Postby Loveguru » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:43 am

Next
Forever Young
Loveguru
Legend

Postby NothingFails » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:47 am

I feel the same way. I was expecting Justin to really kick ass and the idea of blending Americana and urban music sounded really promising on paper, yet Filthy sounded like a serviceable deep album cut while Supplies and Say Something feel like b-sides.
NothingFails
Legend

Postby Bojan » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:51 am

I wrote what I think about this song in a wrong thread by mistake and now, that thread is locked. Can you just delete my comment and unlock the thread? JT fans have a lot to talk about right now. Thanks.
JanetShe is literally, every artist's favorite artist. She is forever trending. We are living in a Janet Nation. Every day we feel her impact.
Bojan
Manager

Postby Hype » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:02 am

This is amazing! The video is awesome
CALL ME CALICE, CALL ME COLD. YOU'RE ITALIC, I'M IN BOLD.
Hype
Legend

Postby hellohello » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:21 pm

Tansike wrote:Definitely the best of all three songs so far!
And that's not saying much considering how awful the other two are.
Madonna......Rihanna....Beyonce....Michael...Janet....Prince...Mariah...Whitney
hellohello
Manager

Postby hellohello » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:15 pm

There's only one good "Say Something" and that's this

Madonna......Rihanna....Beyonce....Michael...Janet....Prince...Mariah...Whitney
hellohello
Manager

Postby GetBack » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:46 am

This is the best song and the clear stand-out so far. I can't believe he had to release "Supplies" over this. :-? :-?
Carey like Mariah.
GetBack
Legend

Postby Yoshie » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:50 am

GetBack wrote:This is the best song and the clear stand-out so far. I can't believe he had to release "Supplies" over this. :-? :-?
In fairness, they are apples and oranges in terms of sound so that's probably why he released both. I think he's trying to cater towards different audiences with the songs that he's put out so far. It makes sense in practise.
Yoshie
Legend

Postby Loveguru » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:02 pm

Okay i like this now
Forever Young
Loveguru
Legend

Postby NoAngel » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:07 pm

hellohello wrote:There's only one good "Say Something" and that's this

Gurl bye

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2U0Ivkn2Ds
B. get off my pole!