Justin Timberlake + Chris Stapleton | Say Something

Moderators: Spartan, urbanmusik

Postby abi » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:02 am

With that being said, this is surprisingly really good. Still, hopefully there won't be too much Country-ish songs on the album.
abi
Legend

Postby Tansike » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:58 am

Definitely the best of all three songs so far!
Tansike
Legend

Postby Yoshie » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:24 am

This is the most organic sounding song of the three we've heard. It's the first time I've heard Chris Stapleton sing; his vocals compliment Justin's nicely. I enjoy the song a lot, but the music video was unnecessary.
Yoshie
Legend

Postby Thriller » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:36 am

I'm just not feeling this era based on the three songs we've heard so far and that's a real disappointment as I was prepared to love the new material. Filthy I enjoyed for literally a week then had no desire to play it again, Supplies I played once and remembered not one note of it so haven't bothered since, and now this track is just a bit too filler for me. There's nothing making me sit up and take notice.
Thriller

Postby GreekGeek » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:22 am

Hugo wrote:Its upsetting that in a music forum, some still view negative criticism as hate.

If I check his stuff is because I still care, otherwise I wouldn't even give a crap as is the case for many acts.
In order to not be upset in the future, next time you criticise someone/something, keep in mind to make it not look like a campaign of hatred. :wink:
And the 8th day God created KYLIE!!! <3
GreekGeek
Superstar

Postby feeklv » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:17 pm

So he released 3 singles all with their own videos? When is his album released? Soon a assume? Anyway I like this song best out of the 3.
feeklv
Manager

Postby ludichris » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:26 pm

Finally a SONG from him that I can get into this era. It almost sounds like a one take jamming session that they decided to put out there and I like that.
ludichris
Manager

Postby Benjamin » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:40 pm

This will be huge I think.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby GreekGeek » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:47 pm

feeklv wrote:So he released 3 singles all with their own videos? When is his album released? Soon a assume? Anyway I like this song best out of the 3.
There's another one single with a mv coming on February 2! The exact same day the album is also being released!
And the 8th day God created KYLIE!!! <3
GreekGeek
Superstar

Postby Hype » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:11 pm

This is another great track!
CALL ME CALICE, CALL ME COLD. YOU'RE ITALIC, I'M IN BOLD.
Hype
Legend

Postby Hermes » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:05 pm

This is SO good !!!
Hermes
Manager

Postby DOSSOME » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:12 pm

Thriller wrote:I'm just not feeling this era based on the three songs we've heard so far and that's a real disappointment as I was prepared to love the new material. Filthy I enjoyed for literally a week then had no desire to play it again, Supplies I played once and remembered not one note of it so haven't bothered since, and now this track is just a bit too filler for me. There's nothing making me sit up and take notice.
Me basically...
DOSSOME
Legend

Postby ThaInfo1 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:17 pm

ludichris wrote:Finally a SONG from him that I can get into this era. It almost sounds like a one take jamming session that they decided to put out there and I like that.
I think that’s why I like it. Which is odd considering this is his most country boy sounding song so far.
Serby wrote:Cuz you ugly and can't relate
ThaInfo1
Legend

Postby BlueScorpion » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:23 am

DOSSOME wrote:
Thriller wrote:I'm just not feeling this era based on the three songs we've heard so far and that's a real disappointment as I was prepared to love the new material. Filthy I enjoyed for literally a week then had no desire to play it again, Supplies I played once and remembered not one note of it so haven't bothered since, and now this track is just a bit too filler for me. There's nothing making me sit up and take notice.
Me basically...
You ain't gotta break down,
YOU'RE TOO STRONG!"
BlueScorpion
Superstar

Postby Ska8er » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:37 am

This is actually good. Lyrics could've been better, but the production and Chris elevate this.
Rest In Peace Lilly!
Ska8er
Legend

Postby Loveguru » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:43 am

Next
Forever Young
Loveguru
Legend

Postby NothingFails » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:47 am

I feel the same way. I was expecting Justin to really kick ass and the idea of blending Americana and urban music sounded really promising on paper, yet Filthy sounded like a serviceable deep album cut while Supplies and Say Something feel like b-sides.
NothingFails
Legend

Postby Bojan » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:51 am

I wrote what I think about this song in a wrong thread by mistake and now, that thread is locked. Can you just delete my comment and unlock the thread? JT fans have a lot to talk about right now. Thanks.
JanetShe is literally, every artist's favorite artist. She is forever trending. We are living in a Janet Nation. Every day we feel her impact.
Bojan
Manager

Postby Hype » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:02 am

This is amazing! The video is awesome
CALL ME CALICE, CALL ME COLD. YOU'RE ITALIC, I'M IN BOLD.
Hype
Legend

Postby hellohello » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:21 pm

Tansike wrote:Definitely the best of all three songs so far!
And that's not saying much considering how awful the other two are.
Madonna......Rihanna....Beyonce....Michael...Janet....Prince...Mariah...Whitney
hellohello
Manager

Postby hellohello » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:15 pm

There's only one good "Say Something" and that's this

Madonna......Rihanna....Beyonce....Michael...Janet....Prince...Mariah...Whitney
hellohello
Manager

Postby GetBack » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:46 am

This is the best song and the clear stand-out so far. I can't believe he had to release "Supplies" over this. :-? :-?
GetBack
Legend

Postby Yoshie » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:50 am

GetBack wrote:This is the best song and the clear stand-out so far. I can't believe he had to release "Supplies" over this. :-? :-?
In fairness, they are apples and oranges in terms of sound so that's probably why he released both. I think he's trying to cater towards different audiences with the songs that he's put out so far. It makes sense in practise.
Yoshie
Legend

Postby Loveguru » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:02 pm

Okay i like this now
Forever Young
Loveguru
Legend

Postby NoAngel » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:07 pm

hellohello wrote:There's only one good "Say Something" and that's this

Gurl bye

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2U0Ivkn2Ds
B. get off my pole!