My Charts - week 25 - another busy week

Moderators: JSparksFan, tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby JakeP » Sat May 12, 2018 11:39 am

Hello Tansike :D

Yes it's that time of year again with the Eurovision song contest 2018 tonight. Aghh excite! :D :lol: Plus i'm so happy this year that my big favourites across both semi finals have qualified for the grand final.

1 (3) Elina Nechayeva – La forza

This song gives me goosebumps. There is something magical about this song, Elina's vocals soar and really give life to the song. I love the staging too, its so simple but incredibly effective. A shame Estonia are fairly early on in tonight's running order but i'd like to think a classy performance will do well in the results regardless of when the song is performed.

2 (5) Saara Aalto – Monsters *G*

So happy for Saara. I usually don't chart eurovision songs on purpose until after the contest. It just makes things easier when it comes to compiling my own chart but Finland has been an exception. I already knew of Saara from her time on The x factor in 2016 where she made the final. The less said about the winner the better. :lol: I want Saara to slay tonight. :P

3 (NEW) Eleni Foureira – Fuego

YES Cyprus! :D 8-) Fuego is such a summer sizzler of a track and Eleni totally delivers on stage and really brings the "fuego". Going into tonight's final, this is so far my absolute favourite but it's left to be seen how tonight's performances fare. They might change my opinion on the songs so this time tomorrow i might have a new favourite. Right now i'm championing Cyprus ftw but would equally be delighted if Estonia won.

4 (1) Ariana Grande – No Tears Left To Cry

My chart was so strong last week that despite Ariana dropping to #4, it was still one of the biggest songs of the week. It got overshadowed by three big releases that came towards the end of the week but those tracks all had a massive impact in a short space of time to end up dominating my top 3. :D :wink:

5 (RE) Netta – Toy

This is a great novelty song but once the novelty wears thin, there's not much left to the imagination. I wouldn't rule out Israel winning but i just don't see it happening. I genuinely think there are better "songs" in the contest, and it is a song competition after all. :wink:

6 (6) Equinox – Bones

One thing i do love about Equinox is that they're harmonies are so sharp. However, in the case of Bones i feel the song takes too long to reach its climax. I think the song gets going in the second verse, and especially the second chorus when the vocals soar higher than the first chorus. The downside is that there is 1 minute before we get to that point, and then the song is over. :lol:

7 (NEW) Céline Dion – Ashes

Love <3 This was such an unexpected surprise for me last Friday. I watched the video and was completely won over on first view. I've never even seen Deadpool the movie but i loving the whole male dancer is a lycra action man outfit wearing high heels and showcasing some fabulous dancing skills. Everything about Ashes as a song and also the music video has been executed perfectly.

8 (11) Mikolas Josef – Lie To Me

I haven't been the biggest fan of this song but i still feel sympathy for Mikolas. Having sustained his injury during his first audition, he's had to strip the whole performance back completely to avoid getting hurt again. Sadly the end result is a performance that seems quite flat and doesn't really suit the fun vibes of the song, and none of it is Mikolas' fault. That said, i still think he get a lot of love and support from televoters so Czech Republic could still do very well tonight. I just wish the song was better. :(

10 (NEW) Christina Aguilera feat. Ty Dolla $ign & 2 Chainz – Accelerate

This is such a curious track. There are parts in the song that i adore (Christina's verses and the first part of the chorus) but its outweighed by bits that i don't really get (the rap whilst good sounds completely out of place as if its from a different song) and the other rapper (i still don't know which is which :oops: ) who keeping singing over Christina throughout the song and in the chorus. I'd have preferred solo version with Christina singing the whole song.

11 (NEW) Shawn Mendes feat. Khalid – Youth

Youth is quite comfortably the best track Shawn has releases so far from his upcoming album. As soon as i saw Khalid's name mentioned, my gut feeling was this would verge more towards r'n'b pop, and it does just that and the song definitely delivers.

12 (NEW) Childish Gambino – This Is America

That music video though! :o It's been a long time since i've seen a song become so popular thanks to its music video. I never did get into Redbone but this time i actually do like the song to an extent whilst the music video takes the song to another dimension.

17 (NEW) Cesar Sampson – Nobody But You

I will admit i'm not blown away by Austria's entry. It's a good song, just not a very powerful or spectacular one. But it has a good chance of doing well tonight.

24 (NEW) Ieva Zasimauskaitė – When We’re Old

I hardly bothered with this song initially. I think i watched the music video once, thought it was sweet and moved on. It didn't draw me in and want to go back and listen to the song again and again. After semi final 1 i wasn't sure what i thought, i liked it and i thought the staging was so lovely and then the ending when she sings to her partner was so touching. It made me like the song more, and whilst its now one of the big favourites to win i still prefer other songs more.

28 (NEW) Florence + The Machine – Hunger

Aww such a nice surprise seeing Hunger enter as i thought you weren't keen on this song. It's such an improvement on Sky full of song, and only the powerhouse vocals of Céline Dion could keep Florence off #1 for me last weekend. <3

36 (NEW) Jess Glynne – I’ll Be There

This is no Hold my hand but i have been enjoying this song throughout the week. It's unlikely to go anywhere near #1 in my new chart but a top 10 new entry is looking possible.

39 (NEW) Troye Sivan – Bloom

Wow i thought you would love Bloom more than this. :o Even with all the eurovison songs entering. I adore Bloom, its such an hypnotic pop song and Troye's vocals are so lush. I still prefer My my my but this is another mighty fine single. <3

40 (NEW) Alexander Rybak – That’s How You Write A Song

:roll: I'm sure Norway will do well but its no Fairytale. I've categorised this alongside Israel. Both performances are fun to watch but i just think the songs themselves aren't up to the same standard as several others this year.

On an additional note i know you're not a fan of Ireland's entry so i can understand Ryan not appearing. But what about Ukraine and Australia? :o Are you not a fan of their entries this year? Your commentary says semi final 2 will have a bigger boost next week...but Alexander Rybak is already charting? :(
JakeP
Manager

Postby heppolo » Sat May 12, 2018 2:30 pm

JakeP wrote:
heppolo wrote:If Elina Nechayeva and AWS from Hungary teamed up for a quality post-hardcore/opera crossover song, it would have been my #1 for a long time.
...but then that sounds like a number of songs that have already been #1 in Tansike's chart even though i think those bands are from Finland. :P :lol:
Both yes and no, I think Tansike prefers more melodic stuff in comparison to the chaotic screamo/post-hardcore AWS
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby Tansike » Mon May 14, 2018 3:46 pm

Magnus wrote:It looks like you have gotten much more into this year's ESC songs than when I last commented a couple of weeks ago. ;)

Great to see my favourite entry this year at #1! (In case you hadn't already figured it out, this is the song that was my immediate favourite after my blind listening.) I somehow didn't expect it to do that well here, so that was a nice surprise! Unlike most of my other early favourites it even got better after seeing the staging/performance. Really, really, really hope this wins tomorrow!

But, in your current top 5 (thankfully not in the top 4) is also one of the worst songs I have ever heard! I can't even write what I really think about that "song" and "artist" because that would probably get me banned from the forum. (I already identified it as one of the worst songs ever on the first blind listen, so everything else about it is just a bonus). If that wins on Saturday ESC will probably be dead to me.
I really did - finally! I think it didn't take me so long to get into the contest in years, but finally i'm really loving many entries and it's definitely a better year than 2017. Time will tell how i rank 2018 compared to other years though.

YASSS! I already read somewhere else that Estonia is your favorite entry this year, i think it was in the ESC topic, and i was very happy to read that. It's such a stunning song, performed by such a beautiful woman with such a strong voice and they got such an impressive staging - definitely deserved the success it got, even though it obviously deserved the crown. But Top10 is a great result for everyone, so i don't want to moan about its end result. I even thought it may flop in the end so i'm thankful it didn't.

Aw. Your biggest nightmare became true on the weekend, i'm sorry for that :( When you said there's one song you really dislike when listening to the entries blindly, i thought you mean Norway. A shame it's Israel, as you can see i'm really enjoying it. In the end, i was still hoping to see another winner, as i knew many people would dislike this and see it as a novelty hit. But in fact, "that artist" is actually a great one and does a lot of cool stuff. Is there a particular reason why you dislike "that song" so much?
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Mon May 14, 2018 3:50 pm

heppolo wrote:If Elina Nechayeva and AWS from Hungary teamed up for a quality post-hardcore/opera crossover song, it would have been my #1 for a long time.
JakeP wrote:...but then that sounds like a number of songs that have already been #1 in Tansike's chart even though i think those bands are from Finland. :P :lol:
heppolo wrote:Both yes and no, I think Tansike prefers more melodic stuff in comparison to the chaotic screamo/post-hardcore AWS
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think that would work very well for me to be honest!

The opera voice of Elina would automatically bring some melody to the scream/hardcore stuff from AWS i think, so it may be something i'd love!

btw AWS will most likely enter my charts this week, though it wasn't one of my favorite entries this year.
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Mon May 14, 2018 4:25 pm

JakeP wrote:Hello Tansike :D

Yes it's that time of year again with the Eurovision song contest 2018 tonight. Aghh excite! :D :lol: Plus i'm so happy this year that my big favourites across both semi finals have qualified for the grand final.
Hey Jake :D

YASSS. A shame it's already over :cry: :cry: :cry: That week is always over so quickly. And this year i got way too late into the entries, so it wasn't the same as usual for me. I'm already excited to see which entries made it onto your charts :wink:

JakeP wrote:1 (3) Elina Nechayeva – La forza

This song gives me goosebumps. There is something magical about this song, Elina's vocals soar and really give life to the song. I love the staging too, its so simple but incredibly effective. A shame Estonia are fairly early on in tonight's running order but i'd like to think a classy performance will do well in the results regardless of when the song is performed.
I'm so happy to read all these positive reviews for Estonia and in the end she also did very well, so i'm happy about that as well. Of course, Estonia deserved a victory with such a stunning entry, but Top10 is great enough and i think there are still so many people who simply dislike opera, no matter how it's done, so it was nice to see Jury and the GP giving lots of points to Elina.

JakeP wrote:2 (5) Saara Aalto – Monsters *G*

So happy for Saara. I usually don't chart eurovision songs on purpose until after the contest. It just makes things easier when it comes to compiling my own chart but Finland has been an exception. I already knew of Saara from her time on The x factor in 2016 where she made the final. The less said about the winner the better. :lol: I want Saara to slay tonight. :P
While she slayed on the stage, she didn't on the results. She was ROBBED! :roll:

JakeP wrote:3 (NEW) Eleni Foureira – Fuego

YES Cyprus! :D 8-) Fuego is such a summer sizzler of a track and Eleni totally delivers on stage and really brings the "fuego". Going into tonight's final, this is so far my absolute favourite but it's left to be seen how tonight's performances fare. They might change my opinion on the songs so this time tomorrow i might have a new favourite. Right now i'm championing Cyprus ftw but would equally be delighted if Estonia won.
It looks like we have similar faves this year <3 Once again, i love to read all that about "Fuego" as i'm seeing it the same... such a great summer track, and i can see this becoming a nice hit in a few countries. In the end, i was rooting for her as well, as i knew Estonia wouldn't make it and because i didn't want Israel to win because of all the hate it would get through the victory.

JakeP wrote:4 (1) Ariana Grande – No Tears Left To Cry

My chart was so strong last week that despite Ariana dropping to #4, it was still one of the biggest songs of the week. It got overshadowed by three big releases that came towards the end of the week but those tracks all had a massive impact in a short space of time to end up dominating my top 3. :D :wink:
So she still had the same chart spot on both of our charts - slay! 8-) While i still enjoy this a lot, the ESC really took a lot of my time when it comes to playing music, and she's likely to drop even further this week. Not sure if she'll be able to recover once the ESC craziness is over or not...

JakeP wrote:5 (RE) Netta – Toy

This is a great novelty song but once the novelty wears thin, there's not much left to the imagination. I wouldn't rule out Israel winning but i just don't see it happening. I genuinely think there are better "songs" in the contest, and it is a song competition after all. :wink:
Is it really a novelty song? That's one of the reasons why i didn't want this to win in the end, as i knew everyone would see it as a novelty song when in fact it has a good message behind it and it's actually really well done musically (with the loop station, for example, and combining western music with typical elements from israeli music).

JakeP wrote:6 (6) Equinox – Bones

One thing i do love about Equinox is that they're harmonies are so sharp. However, in the case of Bones i feel the song takes too long to reach its climax. I think the song gets going in the second verse, and especially the second chorus when the vocals soar higher than the first chorus. The downside is that there is 1 minute before we get to that point, and then the song is over. :lol:
Ah i know what you mean. This song seems to be over so quickly. Though i have to say i love the whole thing... definitely another great entry from Bulgaria and a song which deserved a spot in the Top10. The staging was awesome too and my partner even loved this, which was a success for me as it already was hard work to even get him watching the Finale with me, as he's not a fan at all of music competition shows! :lol:

JakeP wrote:7 (NEW) Céline Dion – Ashes

Love <3 This was such an unexpected surprise for me last Friday. I watched the video and was completely won over on first view. I've never even seen Deadpool the movie but i loving the whole male dancer is a lycra action man outfit wearing high heels and showcasing some fabulous dancing skills. Everything about Ashes as a song and also the music video has been executed perfectly.
I already saw that this is #1 on your charts and was happy about that. As you say, this is such a nice surprise from Céline! If there wouldn't be the ESC craziness going on, this would have been even higher on my charts. Oh, you never saw the movie? I saw it for the first time like around two months ago and it was hilarious & cool, so i'll probably watch the second one too and it'll be interesting to see if "Ashes" will be played in the movie as well. In a good world this would be a hit for her... it was already very successful on iTunes for today's standards...

JakeP wrote:8 (11) Mikolas Josef – Lie To Me

I haven't been the biggest fan of this song but i still feel sympathy for Mikolas. Having sustained his injury during his first audition, he's had to strip the whole performance back completely to avoid getting hurt again. Sadly the end result is a performance that seems quite flat and doesn't really suit the fun vibes of the song, and none of it is Mikolas' fault. That said, i still think he get a lot of love and support from televoters so Czech Republic could still do very well tonight. I just wish the song was better. :(
...and you were right! The GP really enjoyed this! :D It's a little copy of Jason DeRulo, isn't it? So i can see why you think it's not the best, though i think it's incredibly catchy and Mikolas is a cutie, i have to admit this is helping a lot as well :oops: I knew he got hurt during the rehearsal but i didn't know they changed a lot about the performance then... do we know what was originally planned for his performance?

JakeP wrote:10 (NEW) Christina Aguilera feat. Ty Dolla $ign & 2 Chainz – Accelerate

This is such a curious track. There are parts in the song that i adore (Christina's verses and the first part of the chorus) but its outweighed by bits that i don't really get (the rap whilst good sounds completely out of place as if its from a different song) and the other rapper (i still don't know which is which :oops: ) who keeping singing over Christina throughout the song and in the chorus. I'd have preferred solo version with Christina singing the whole song.
:lol:
The one singing over Christina throughout the song = Ty, the other one = Chainz
I completely get what you mean and to be honest the parts i like (same parts as you) were the reason why it debuted so high, while the rest will be a reason for a big second week drop as there's not a lot replay value for "Accelerate".

JakeP wrote:11 (NEW) Shawn Mendes feat. Khalid – Youth

Youth is quite comfortably the best track Shawn has releases so far from his upcoming album. As soon as i saw Khalid's name mentioned, my gut feeling was this would verge more towards r'n'b pop, and it does just that and the song definitely delivers.
+1 to everything you wrote <3

JakeP wrote:12 (NEW) Childish Gambino – This Is America

That music video though! :o It's been a long time since i've seen a song become so popular thanks to its music video. I never did get into Redbone but this time i actually do like the song to an extent whilst the music video takes the song to another dimension.
And once again, +1! "This Is America" is even his very first notation on my charts :oops:

JakeP wrote:17 (NEW) Cesar Sampson – Nobody But You

I will admit i'm not blown away by Austria's entry. It's a good song, just not a very powerful or spectacular one. But it has a good chance of doing well tonight.
...and you were right again :o What a surprising success, next to Germany! Didn't see that coming - but i'm so happy for Austria. Let's hope Switzerland follows soon and gets some surprising successes as well in the future :lol: The song is like one that gets played a lot by radios and Cesar was quite yummy so i can see why people voted for Austria.

JakeP wrote:24 (NEW) Ieva Zasimauskaitė – When We’re Old

I hardly bothered with this song initially. I think i watched the music video once, thought it was sweet and moved on. It didn't draw me in and want to go back and listen to the song again and again. After semi final 1 i wasn't sure what i thought, i liked it and i thought the staging was so lovely and then the ending when she sings to her partner was so touching. It made me like the song more, and whilst its now one of the big favourites to win i still prefer other songs more.
I can completely relate to you here, as it's been the same with me. I didn't have "When We're Old" on my radar until the performance on the Semi Final. At first it didn't even look like this may enter my Top40, but the performance was so cute that i got into the song and it became one of my favorite ones from the first Semi. I thought the odds overrated this one here though and in the end it also performed worse, but still good enough for Lithuania IMO.

JakeP wrote:28 (NEW) Florence + The Machine – Hunger

Aww such a nice surprise seeing Hunger enter as i thought you weren't keen on this song. It's such an improvement on Sky full of song, and only the powerhouse vocals of Céline Dion could keep Florence off #1 for me last weekend. <3
Don't expect a long stay for this though :oops: It was good enough to let it onto my charts, but i'm still not blown away by it of course. Let's see how the album will be, as i'll check it out for sure and it will be the first time i'll hear a Florence album in full.

JakeP wrote:36 (NEW) Jess Glynne – I’ll Be There

This is no Hold my hand but i have been enjoying this song throughout the week. It's unlikely to go anywhere near #1 in my new chart but a top 10 new entry is looking possible.
Good news for Jess on your charts then! I think it's nice but she never really impressed me that much to be honest. But she seems very sympathetic, so i hope it's a success for her in the UK and i also hope she won't suffer from the second album curse there like Emeli, Leona, Duffy & Co.

JakeP wrote:39 (NEW) Troye Sivan – Bloom

Wow i thought you would love Bloom more than this. :o Even with all the eurovison songs entering. I adore Bloom, its such an hypnotic pop song and Troye's vocals are so lush. I still prefer My my my but this is another mighty fine single. <3
It's... okay? To be fair the last song by Troye already didn't get me that much, so i didn't take that much time to get into "Bloom". Maybe the album release will get him some more success.

JakeP wrote:40 (NEW) Alexander Rybak – That’s How You Write A Song

:roll: I'm sure Norway will do well but its no Fairytale. I've categorised this alongside Israel. Both performances are fun to watch but i just think the songs themselves aren't up to the same standard as several others this year.

On an additional note i know you're not a fan of Ireland's entry so i can understand Ryan not appearing. But what about Ukraine and Australia? :o Are you not a fan of their entries this year? Your commentary says semi final 2 will have a bigger boost next week...but Alexander Rybak is already charting? :(
Alexander kinda destroyed his ESC legacy with this entry. It's a cute, catchy pop song, but soooooo many universes behind the brilliant "Fairytale". I'm glad he went into the finals as it looks better that way, but i'm also not sad that he didn't end up as high as the odds were expecting.

Ireland will enter this week as i started to really enjoy it :wink: As for the others... i didn't take lots of time to listen to the SF2 entries last week, mainly the ones from SF1, but when i listened to the compilation in full "That's How You Write A Song" always got into my head + the 'hype' around him also helped him to get onto my charts already last week.
Tansike
Legend

Postby phoenix98 » Tue May 15, 2018 7:00 pm

Tansike wrote:Actually when i was writing down my reply last week i had the team from Red/Blue in my mind, and when i challenged Koga on the weekend i was shocked how he was starting the battle with a Venonat! :lol: Anyways, the levels in Yellow are slightly higher than in Red/Blue and Venomoth's level 50 had me shocked (and its Double Team move was annoying too), but in the end his team was actually weaker than expected and i did it without big problems. 8-)

Are you also playing a Pokémon game apart from GO or are you currently on a break?
Right on 8-) Did you torch all of Koga's bugs with Charizard/Glurak? Pidgeot/Tauboss could do a lot of damage to his Yellow team too. Have you taken on Sabrina/Cursilla yet?

Ha, yeah, I actually picked up an extra copy of Platinum so that I could do a Nuzlocke in it (since I've never deleted my original file on my first copy of Platinum after making decent progress in the Battle Frontier). I'd forgotten just how much it improved over Diamond & Pearl (character development, pacing of the story, Pokémon variety, Pokémon learnsets, etc.) :lol: I've been messing around with the Trading Card Game Online a bit too. I don't think I'll start collecting cards again, since that hobby can get pretty expensive pretty fast, but you can experiment with quite a few theme decks for free (and collect free digital booster packs) using the online version.

Tansike wrote:You know... my partner can't drive :oops: So when we got somewhere, it's obvious that i have to drive or we take a taxi/train, but i hate that and it's so freaking expensive over here.
:lol: He's found the perfect way to never get stuck being the designated driver.

Tansike wrote:Oooh... these were amazing times. I actually miss these... "No Tears Left To Cry" would have been a deserved addition to that list. I just looked a bit more onto the charts lately and gosh, there are basically just R&B/Rap/Urban artists. When did this happen? :-?
Yeah, Spotify/streaming in general has given those genres a HUGE boost, and I don't entirely understand why. Maybe there were always a ton of fans/listeners out there, but instead of buying the tracks on iTunes, they'd just play them on YouTube (or download them illegally. Not that I can judge, since I did some of that myself pre-streaming) :lol: None of those methods would've been reflected on official charts before, but now that free (legal) streaming is so easily accessible and does count for official charts, maybe the true popularity/mass appeal of these tracks is finally being seen? Or it's a conspiracy and certain people are influencing all of the curated/recommended playlists on streaming services... ;)

Tansike wrote:OMG - this is SO lovely :o
Damn, sometimes i'm so late with discovering some great songs... I think i already like this more than everything from "Golden Hour" :oops:
I'm SO so glad you think so! :D :D :D

I was definitely afraid that pushing you too hard to check it out would backfire, and you'd just be like "FINE, I listened, it's nothing special..." :lol:

Tansike wrote:Aw, the album wasn't that forgettable IMO. I actually really enjoyed it back then :oops:
Ah, really? What were some of your other favorite songs? Maybe I should re-visit it. Back when it came out, it just seemed like an attempt at having her own Teenage Dream: a very summery, poppy album with songs about being young, rebellious, and in love (but nowhere near as enjoyable as most of TD). :lol:

Tansike wrote:Really? :o :oops: Since when are you scrobbling on LastFM? Even my 50th most played song ever has 395 scrobbles, my most played one has 2,240 scrobbles :oops: But around 2013 i was playing songs to death, so while a few songs have a huge amount of plays, i actually played (much) less music at that time than i do now. These days it's very rare for a song to reach 300+ plays from me. My most played song from 2017 has 295 plays for example ("Symphony").

Hm... to be really honest, i kinda cheated on her plays. Since i knew (and saw) that many scrobbles got lost (i synced it, and the Scrobbler crashed down afterwards and the plays were lost) so in the end i played it a few times despite not listening to it, to basically get the lost scrobbles back :oops:
I opened my current last.fm account in 2010 :oops: Ha, I guess I sometimes over-estimate just how active of a music listener I am. Your impressive scrobble figures remind me that I'm still a small fish in a big pond of music lovers!

Ha, I'm guilty of doing that too when I've noticed that last.fm didn't register any play counts for a song that I KNOW I just played at least once/twice/whatever.

Tansike wrote:Really? I thought it was quite obvious because it was the most successful album track. It's a way too safe choice but to be fair he won't get a big hit anyway, no matter what he releases from this album now. Basically similar situation to Adele's "25" once the album was a few weeks old. I would have loved to see them pushing "Galway Girl" in the US or as you mentioned "Eraser". My absolute favorite track left is "Nancy Mulligan" so that would have been my most favorite choice, though it's just on the deluxe so i knew it wouldn't happen.
Hmmm...maybe I just didn't notice how well it was performing because I've never been very interested in the song itself :-? I would've loved to seem them finally push "Galway Girl" here in the US, or "New Man" everywhere...

Tansike wrote:Yeah. She's one of the new girls i'm really enjoying, so i was looking forward to "Speak Your Mind". It turned out good, though it's not as strong as i was hoping for. So to be really honest with you, i think there would be better albums to add to your queue first, especially since you're not really familiar with her so far. This doesn't mean it's not good though, it's just like she already released the best tracks. Similar case to Dua Lipa or Zara Larsson.
Ah, good to know! In that case, I'll probably just keep enjoying Dirty Computer (and Golden, and Golden Hour, and all the random new singles that pop up) until CHVRCHES drop Love Is Dead on the 25th.

Tansike wrote:1 (3) Elina Nechayeva – La forza
5 (RE) Netta – Toy
9 (2) Marshmello & Anne-Marie – Friends *P*
14 (7) Anne-Marie – 2002
15 (9) My Indigo (Sharon den Adel) – Crash And Burn *G*
16 (8) Ed Sheeran – Happier
19 (10) Carrie Underwood – Cry Pretty
21 (18) Calvin Harris & Dua Lipa – One Kiss
23 (20) David Guetta & Sia – Flames
29 (16) My Indigo (Sharon den Adel) – Out Of The Darkness *G*
30 (17) Auri – The Space Between *G*
32 (23) Sam Smith feat. Logic – Pray
36 (NEW) Jess Glynne – I’ll Be There
37 (14) Imagine Dragons – Radioactive *P*
38 (19) Imagine Dragons – Whatever It Takes *G*
• I wasn't following Eurovision, but your No. 1 definitely seems better suited to your usual tastes than the actual winner :lol: I checked out "Toy" thanks to Akini's chart, and it's certainly a...quirky, creative song (that still carries a worthwhile message).
• I'm lovin' that Top 10 debut for "Ashes." I don't know Céline's discography nearly as well as some of the other big-name-females from the past few decades (Mariah, Madonna, Kylie, Whitney, Janet, etc.) - I only have her hits collections - but she's certainly sold me on this new offering!
• It was really encouraging to see "This Is America" secure a No. 1 debut on the latest Hot 100 :D It (well, the video in particular) sends messages that REALLY need to be seen by as many people as possible right now (especially here in the States). Admittedly, I haven't actually been playing the song itself that much, which is why it hasn't appeared on my chart...but if I had a music video or "Cultural Significance" honor, it'd absolutely receive that!
• A lot of people seem really underwhelmed by "I'll Be There," but I'm pretty charmed by it. I haven't been following Jess too closely, so I didn't have any expectations going into it, but it seems on-par with "Hold My Hand" to me. They're both upbeat, poppy, feel-good tunes that are pleasant enough (but don't blow me away or anything).
• Poor "Bloom" :o Are you trying to tell us you're strictly a top, Tansike...?

Yet another strong chart, Tansike! :D
phoenix98
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Wed May 16, 2018 2:05 am

Lovin' the ESC effect! I think this year was one of the best since I started watching in 2013, and Netta was the perfect winner. I'm pleased to see "Monsters" so high. Saara had my favourite performance the night of the grand final, and, of course, "Fuego" is a bop. Both my mom and sister said Eleni was their favourite, so I'm not surprised that she seems to be winning the 'popular vote' on the charts. Also, Alexander deserved better; his song may be meh, but his performance was the most charming of the night.

As for the other new entries, "Ashes" is a good effort from the greatest singer alive, "Accelerate" is...well thank God for "Twice", "Youth" is on track to become my favourite Shawn Mendes song to date, "This Is America" has a powerful video, and "Hunger" is one of the most relatable songs I've heard in a while. I can't wait for Florence's new album!

1 (3) Elina Nechayeva – La forza
3 (NEW) Eleni Foureira – Fuego
5 (RE) Netta – Toy
6 (6) Equinox – Bones
8 (11) Mikolas Josef – Lie To Me
9 (2) Marshmello & Anne-Marie – Friends *P*
15 (9) My Indigo (Sharon den Adel) – Crash And Burn *G*
Chart Run: *2*-7-9-14-19-22-2-9-15- / 9w
16 (8) Ed Sheeran – Happier
17 (NEW) Cesar Sampson – Nobody But You
19 (10) Carrie Underwood – Cry Pretty
21 (18) Calvin Harris & Dua Lipa – One Kiss
23 (20) David Guetta & Sia – Flames
28 (NEW) Florence + The Machine – Hunger
32 (23) Sam Smith feat. Logic – Pray
35 (13) Nicki Minaj – Chun-Li
37 (14) Imagine Dragons – Radioactive *P*
38 (19) Imagine Dragons – Whatever It Takes *G*
40 (NEW) Alexander Rybak – That’s How You Write A Song
If grass can grow through cement, love can find you at every time in your life.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Tansike » Wed May 16, 2018 10:36 am

phoenix98 wrote:Right on 8-) Did you torch all of Koga's bugs with Charizard/Glurak? Pidgeot/Tauboss could do a lot of damage to his Yellow team too. Have you taken on Sabrina/Cursilla yet?

Ha, yeah, I actually picked up an extra copy of Platinum so that I could do a Nuzlocke in it (since I've never deleted my original file on my first copy of Platinum after making decent progress in the Battle Frontier). I'd forgotten just how much it improved over Diamond & Pearl (character development, pacing of the story, Pokémon variety, Pokémon learnsets, etc.) :lol: I've been messing around with the Trading Card Game Online a bit too. I don't think I'll start collecting cards again, since that hobby can get pretty expensive pretty fast, but you can experiment with quite a few theme decks for free (and collect free digital booster packs) using the online version.
Butterfree’s Psy Beam was my biggest help there! :) I don’t have a Charizard yet (two more levels to go…) and Charmeleon’s Ember is quite weak actually…
No, I didn’t play much lately so I’m not much further. I’m moving soon so my free time is currently packed with preparing stuff for that.

Ah, sounds great! Oh yeah, I loved Platinum back when it came out… probably even the last Pokémon game I really loved & stanned for! :oops: How far are you at the moment?
Do you have to pay nothing at all for the TCG Online game? Lately I’ve been thinking a lot about TCGs, not only Pokémon, but also Yu-Gi-Oh, which was a HUGE part of my life during my teens, as I even played lots of tournaments and I’ve started to really miss something like that in my life. But as you say, collecting them is always so expensive, so doing it online may be a great compromise.

phoenix98 wrote::lol: He's found the perfect way to never get stuck being the designated driver.
He really did! :lol:

phoenix98 wrote:Yeah, Spotify/streaming in general has given those genres a HUGE boost, and I don't entirely understand why. Maybe there were always a ton of fans/listeners out there, but instead of buying the tracks on iTunes, they'd just play them on YouTube (or download them illegally. Not that I can judge, since I did some of that myself pre-streaming) :lol: None of those methods would've been reflected on official charts before, but now that free (legal) streaming is so easily accessible and does count for official charts, maybe the true popularity/mass appeal of these tracks is finally being seen? Or it's a conspiracy and certain people are influencing all of the curated/recommended playlists on streaming services... ;)
Maybe. But, I don’t remember to see so many tracks/artists from that genre smashing the way they do now like a few years ago. There’s been a time when dance tracks were so popular, also on Spotify. At least that’s what I remember. So maybe it’s just now? And in a year or two something else slays again… if so, then hopefully it’ll be the pop girls!

phoenix98 wrote:I'm SO so glad you think so! :D :D :D

I was definitely afraid that pushing you too hard to check it out would backfire, and you'd just be like "FINE, I listened, it's nothing special..." :lol:
Haha… no, I really enjoyed this song. She’s probably one of the artists I should have checked out YEARS ago!

phoenix98 wrote:Ah, really? What were some of your other favorite songs? Maybe I should re-visit it. Back when it came out, it just seemed like an attempt at having her own Teenage Dream: a very summery, poppy album with songs about being young, rebellious, and in love (but nowhere near as enjoyable as most of TD). :lol:
“Let Me Go” and the Marilyn Manson collabs immediately come to my mind, I always enjoyed these two a lot and was sad she never released the latter as a proper single. “Rock N Roll” and “Give You What You Like” were strong, too. But now that you’re mentioning it, yeah, I can see the attempt of getting an own TD as well!

phoenix98 wrote:I opened my current last.fm account in 2010 :oops: Ha, I guess I sometimes over-estimate just how active of a music listener I am. Your impressive scrobble figures remind me that I'm still a small fish in a big pond of music lovers!

Ha, I'm guilty of doing that too when I've noticed that last.fm didn't register any play counts for a song that I KNOW I just played at least once/twice/whatever.
Me as well! :oops: Well, in the end it shouldn’t matter how many songs someone played or how often. As long as one can enjoy listening to music it’s all fine :)

Glad to hear I’m not the only one who ‘cheated’ in the past :oops:

phoenix98 wrote:Hmmm...maybe I just didn't notice how well it was performing because I've never been very interested in the song itself :-? I would've loved to seem them finally push "Galway Girl" here in the US, or "New Man" everywhere...
Maybe this will still happen? I mean, “Happier” is basically only the fourth international single, and two of them were released at the same time. The album has many songs left and was a huge success, and there was a time when artists released 5+ singles from huge albums (“Teenage Dream”, “Loud”). It will probably depend on 1) how long he wants to have a break after the tour and 2) how well “Happier” will do.

phoenix98 wrote:Ah, good to know! In that case, I'll probably just keep enjoying Dirty Computer (and Golden, and Golden Hour, and all the random new singles that pop up) until CHVRCHES drop Love Is Dead on the 25th.
Oh, I forgot “Love Is Dead” comes out so soon! :o Thanks for the little reminder! I feel like the first half of 2018 has been much busier than previous first halfs… usually it’s always the second half of a year which is so busy.

phoenix98 wrote:• I wasn't following Eurovision, but your No. 1 definitely seems better suited to your usual tastes than the actual winner :lol: I checked out "Toy" thanks to Akini's chart, and it's certainly a...quirky, creative song (that still carries a worthwhile message).
• I'm lovin' that Top 10 debut for "Ashes." I don't know Céline's discography nearly as well as some of the other big-name-females from the past few decades (Mariah, Madonna, Kylie, Whitney, Janet, etc.) - I only have her hits collections - but she's certainly sold me on this new offering!
• It was really encouraging to see "This Is America" secure a No. 1 debut on the latest Hot 100 :D It (well, the video in particular) sends messages that REALLY need to be seen by as many people as possible right now (especially here in the States). Admittedly, I haven't actually been playing the song itself that much, which is why it hasn't appeared on my chart...but if I had a music video or "Cultural Significance" honor, it'd absolutely receive that!
• A lot of people seem really underwhelmed by "I'll Be There," but I'm pretty charmed by it. I haven't been following Jess too closely, so I didn't have any expectations going into it, but it seems on-par with "Hold My Hand" to me. They're both upbeat, poppy, feel-good tunes that are pleasant enough (but don't blow me away or anything).
• Poor "Bloom" :o Are you trying to tell us you're strictly a top, Tansike...?

Yet another strong chart, Tansike! :D
Do you enjoyed “La forza”? It’s a stunning song… her vocals are flawless, the staging is beautiful and she’s also sooo beautiful. I’m happy it did quite well on the contest. “Toy” is good, too, and also one of my faves, but in the end I would’ve preferred Cyprus or Estonia as the winner.
I think we were already talking about Eurovision last year but I don’t remember exactly… did you ever watch the contest? Or how come you’re familiar with it? As it’s still a thing in Europe and not really known in the US, isn’t it?

Glad to see you’re enjoying that debut for Céline! I already saw its spot on your chart and I’m happy to see so many people reacting so positively about “Ashes”. It’s such a strong track which would deserves lots of charts success to be honest. From the ones you’ve written down, I actually know Céline’s music more than I know Janet’s, Whitney’s, Mariah’s and probably even Kylie’s discography… but I grew up in Switzerland, and Céline’s huuuge here.

YES! A deserved #1 debut. Well, Ariana also would have deserved it, but I’m happy Childish Gambino was able to do it with such a strong message. I think without the video “This Is America” wouldn’t have appeared on my charts at all to be honest… :oops:

I have to admit Jess never really got me, and “I’ll Be There” is on a similar level like most of the songs from her debut album. #36 is even a solid debut for her, also considering how many other songs are arriving on my charts that week.

No comment! :lol:

Thanks a lot :D
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Wed May 16, 2018 10:44 am

JSparksFan wrote:Lovin' the ESC effect! I think this year was one of the best since I started watching in 2013, and Netta was the perfect winner. I'm pleased to see "Monsters" so high. Saara had my favourite performance the night of the grand final, and, of course, "Fuego" is a bop. Both my mom and sister said Eleni was their favourite, so I'm not surprised that she seems to be winning the 'popular vote' on the charts. Also, Alexander deserved better; his song may be meh, but his performance was the most charming of the night.

As for the other new entries, "Ashes" is a good effort from the greatest singer alive, "Accelerate" is...well thank God for "Twice", "Youth" is on track to become my favourite Shawn Mendes song to date, "This Is America" has a powerful video, and "Hunger" is one of the most relatable songs I've heard in a while. I can't wait for Florence's new album!

Glad to hear you're loving the ESC slayage which is going on in my charts at the moment! :D It's still hard for me to rank this years contest compared to previous ones, but at first i thought it may become the weakest ever as it took ages for me to dive into the entries, but since around two weeks i'm loving so many songs and it's definitely much stronger than 2017. Happy to hear your positive feedback about Saara's performance - a shame she flopped so much on the contest. Her vocals were on point and she made a great show, Top15 AT LEAST would have been so nice :cry: YASSS at your family loving Eleni - in the end, i was rooting for her, but Israel is a good winner as well. Agree about Alexander.

:lol: at "Accelerate"! I think it's not that bad at all, shorter and without the featurings it would have been much better though. I feel the same about "Youth" and agree about "This Is America", while "Hunger" didn't do that much for me so far, but i'm definitely checking her album out as well :)
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Thu May 17, 2018 8:11 am

A huge thank you to everyone who has voted in the poll - 8 users (= 100%) went with 'it's good' when it comes to the new design! So after three weeks i just took the poll off - again, thanks to everyone :D

New charts coming up shortly...
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Thu May 17, 2018 8:19 am

thanks so much for all comments

My Charts - week 20/2018 – 17 may 2018 - ESC craziness
    Singles Top40
    Image Image Image
Spoiler:
The best time of the year is already over… the Grand Finale of the Eurovision Song Contest 2018 was held on Saturday night, and it’s having a massive impact on this weeks chart. Forget about the 19 entries from a week ago, as there are 21 entries this week, with 18 new arrivals and three re-entries in the Top40.

Elina Nechayeva’s “La forza” is the most successful song from the contest for yet another week, as the Estonian representor remains atop the charts. She’s followed by Cyprus’ Eleni Foureira with “Fuego” (3-2) and Finland’s Saara Aalto with “Monsters” (2-3). Bulgaria’s Equinox rise 6-5 with “Bones”, switching places with Israel’s winner track “Toy” by Netta (5-6). Mikolas Josef’s “Lie To Me” made the Czech Republic proud and rises 8-7, while Sweden’s Benjamin Ingrosso with “Dance You Off” (#8) and France’ Madame Monsieur with “Mercy” (#10) are both new in the Top10.

Other entries from the contest this week: Waylon represented the Netherlands with “Outlaw In ‘Em” (new at #13), Ireland got a good result with Ryan O’Shaughnessy’s “Together” (new at #14), Austria made a surprising Top3 finish with Cesar Sampson’s “Nobody But You” (17-15), Denmark got lots of points from the general public for Rasmussen’s “Higher Ground” (new at #16), Australia was a surprising flop with Jessica Mauboy’s “We Got Love” (re #17) and Mélovin represented Ukraine with “Under The Ladder” (new at #20).
Below the Top20, UK’s entry “Storm” by SuRie is new at #24, Slovenia’s Lea Sirk enters at #25 with “Hvala, ne!”, Ieva Zasimauskaitė’s “When We’re Old” was a hit for Lithuania and dips 24-26, Hungary’s rock band AWS arrives at #28 with “Viszlát nyár”, Germany’s Michael Schulte made it to the fourth place on the contest with “You Let Me Walk Alone” (#29), Malta’s Christabelle already had to leave after the second Semi-Final (#32), our own entry “Stones” by ZiBBZ falls 18-33, San Marino missed the final yet again for their entry “Who We Are” by Jessika featuring Jenifer Brening (#35), Moldova entered the contest with DoReDoS’ “My Lucky Day” (#36), Poland’s Gromee featuring Lukas Meijer were competing with the track “Light Me Up” (#37) while Romania’s The Humans’ have the last ESC related chart entry with their track “Goodbye” at #40. In total, there are currently 25 entries from the contest in the Singles Top40, with another five having made an entry previously and already left the chart, bringing the total to 30 entries out of 43 possible ones. With this amount of ESC entries, 2018 beats the 27 entries from 2017, making this year the contest with most chart entries ever!

There were a few more new and re-entries not related to the contest this week. Following the success of the Netflix series ’13 Reasons Why’, the producers decided to do a second season, and one of them is Selena Gomez. The singer was already part of the first soundtrack, and now she even released a proper single for the second soundtrack. The song is called “Back To You” and enters the charts at #4 as her 24th chart entry, with all but one of them reaching the Top5. What should have been a new “Lady Marmalade” turned out as just a moderate pop song – “Girls”, a collaboration by Rita Ora, Bebe Rexha, Cardi B and Charli XCX. The song is new at #12, which is definitely lower than expected based on the artists alone. Following the delayed release of the second studio album “Voicenotes”, two of Charlie Puth’s singles are able to come back onto the charts this week, with “Attention” even getting a new peak at #22 and the most recent “Done For Me” re-entering at #31.

Other talking points this week: No new certifications and lots of huge drops, with the most interesting one being for “Friends” by Marshmello & Anne-Marie, as it has to leave the Top10 for its very first time after 13 consecutive weeks (9-18).

Cesar Sampson’s “Nobody But You” is the biggest climber while My Indigo’s “Crash And Burn” really crashes and burns as it falls 15-34 as the biggest loser this week.

1 (1) Elina Nechayeva – La forza
Chart Run: 3-*1*-1- / 3w

2 (3) Eleni Foureira – Fuego
Chart Run: 3-*2*- / 2w

3 (2) Saara Aalto – Monsters *G*
Chart Run: 9-2-2-*1*-5-14-27-40-37-Out-RE 5-2-3- / 12w

4 (NEW) Selena Gomez – Back To You
Chart Run: *4*- / 1w

5 (6) Equinox – Bones
Chart Run: 6-6-*5*- / 3w

6 (5) Netta – Toy
Chart Run: 16-20-39-Out-RE *5*-6- / 5w

7 (8) Mikolas Josef – Lie To Me
Chart Run: 11-8-*7*- / 3w

8 (NEW) Benjamin Ingrosso – Dance You Off
Chart Run: *8*- / 1w

9 (4) Ariana Grande – No Tears Left To Cry
Chart Run: *1*-1-4-9- / 4w

10 (NEW) Madame Monsieur – Mercy
Chart Run: *10*- / 1w

11 (7) Céline Dion – Ashes
Chart Run: *7*-11- / 2w

12 (NEW) Rita Ora feat. Cardi B, Bebe Rexha & Charli XCX – Girls
Chart Run: *12*- / 1w

13 (NEW) Waylon – Outlaw In ‘Em
Chart Run: *13*- / 1w

14 (NEW) Ryan O'Shaughnessy – Together
Chart Run: *14*- / 1w

15 (17) Cesar Sampson – Nobody But You
Chart Run: 17-*15*- / 2w

16 (NEW) Rasmussen – Higher Ground
Chart Run: *16*- / 1w

17 (RE) Jessica Mauboy – We Got Love
Chart Run: 39-Out-RE *17*- / 2w

18 (9) Marshmello & Anne-Marie – Friends *P*
Chart Run: 5-*1*-1-2-3-5-5-6-3-7-6-2-9-18- / 14w

19 (11) Shawn Mendes feat. Khalid – Youth
Chart Run: *11*-19- / 2w

20 (NEW) Mélovin – Under The Ladder
Chart Run: *20*- / 1w

21 (12) Childish Gambino – This Is America
Chart Run: *12*-21- / 2w

22 (RE) Charlie Puth – Attention
Chart Run: 29-Out-RE 27-25-29-28-33-38-Out-RE *22*- / 8w

23 (14) Anne-Marie – 2002
Chart Run: 12-*7*-14-23- / 4w

24 (NEW) SuRie – Storm
Chart Run: *24*- / 1w

25 (NEW) Lea Sirk – Hvala, ne!
Chart Run: *25*- / 1w

26 (24) Ieva Zasimauskaitė – When We’re Old
Chart Run: *24*-26- / 2w

27 (10) Christina Aguilera feat. Ty Dolla $ign & 2 Chainz – Accelerate
Chart Run: *10*-27- / 2w

28 (NEW) AWS – Viszlát nyár
Chart Run: *28*- / 1w

29 (NEW) Michael Schulte – You Let Me Walk Alone
Chart Run: *29*- / 1w

30 (13) My Indigo (Sharon den Adel) – My Indigo *P*
Chart Run: *2*-4-5-7-10-11-10-16-23-26-33-Out-RE 3-4-13-30- / 15w

31 (RE) Charlie Puth feat. Khelani – Done For Me
Chart Run: 27-24-17-*13*-15-17-22-Out-RE 31- / 8w

32 (NEW) Christabelle – Taboo
Chart Run: *32*- / 1w

33 (18) ZiBBZ – Stones
Chart Run: *18*-33- / 2w

34 (15) My Indigo (Sharon den Adel) – Crash And Burn *G*
Chart Run: *2*-7-9-14-19-22-2-9-15-34- / 10w

35 (NEW) Jessika feat. Jenifer Brening – Who We Are
Chart Run: *35*- / 1w

36 (NEW) DoReDoS – My Lucky Day
Chart Run: *36*- / 1w

37 (NEW) Gromee feat. Lukas Meijer – Light Me Up
Chart Run: *37*- / 1w

38 (NEW) Noah Cyrus & MAX – Team
Chart Run: *38*- / 1w

39 (23) David Guetta & Sia – Flames
Chart Run: 16-12-*6*-13-18-20-23-39- / 8w

40 (NEW) The Humans – Goodbye
Chart Run: *40*- / 1w

Out of Top40
Out (16) Ed Sheeran – Happier (2w)
Out (19) Carrie Underwood – Cry Pretty (4w)
Out (20) Sofi Tukker – Batshit (4w)
Out (21) Calvin Harris & Dua Lipa – One Kiss (5w)
Out (22) Anne-Marie – Alarm (2w)
Out (25) Marshmello & Juicy J feat. James Arthur – You Can Cry (1w)
Out (26) Sennek – A Matter Of Time (1w)
Out (27) Gianna Terzi – Oneiro Mou (1w)
Out (28) Florence + The Machine – Hunger (1w)
Out (29) My Indigo (Sharon den Adel) – Out Of The Darkness *G* (12w)
Out (30) Auri – The Space Between *G* (9w)
Out (31) Eye Cue – Lost And Found (1w)
Out (32) Sam Smith feat. Logic – Pray (6w)
Out (33) Julia Michaels feat. Trippie Redd – Jump (1w)
Out (34) Aisel – X My Heart (1w)
Out (35) Nicki Minaj – Chun-Li (4w)
Out (36) Jess Glynne – I’ll Be There (1w)
Out (37) Imagine Dragons – Radioactive *P* (28w)
Out (38) Imagine Dragons – Whatever It Takes *G* (12w)
Out (39) Troye Sivan – Bloom (1w)
Out (40) Alexander Rybak – That’s How You Write A Song (1w)

New certifications
none

Click here for the Certification Database
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Thu May 17, 2018 8:19 am

My Charts - week 20/2018 – 17 may 2018 - ESC craziness
    Album Top20
    Image Image Image
Spoiler:
It’s most likely the least unexpected thing in a very long time, but the compilation for the Eurovision Song Contest 2018 spends a second week atop the Album Top20. It’s the seventh compilation from the contest to spend multiple weeks at number one, only the editions from 2014 and 2015 were able to do just one week each. The compilation also goes Gold this week and has big chances to surpass last years edition already next week when it comes to success.

Following a week with no debut at all, there were two this week, with both of them making a good arrival. It took him some time, but Charlie Puth finally released his second studio album “Voicenotes”. His debut “Nine Track Mind” was a good success, as it peaked at #2 and went Gold, and the first thing is getting repeated by “Voicenotes” as well as it’s new at the runner-up slot. Canadian musician Loreena McKennitt has released her first album in eight years, called “Lost Souls”, which becomes her second chart entry following the best of compilation “The Journey So Far…”, which debuted and peaked at #2 four years ago. The new record arrives at #3.

Other talking points this week: Faun really got a surprise hit with their “XV – Best Of”, as the set returns to the Top10 in its 13th chart week (11-10). Meanwhile, after five weeks in the upper half, Cardi B’s “Invasion Of Privacy” leaves that part for its first time.

1 (1) Eurovision Song Contest 2018 *G*
Chart Run: 5-7-5-3-*1*-1- / 6w

2 (NEW) Charlie Puth – Voicenotes
Chart Run: *2*- / 1w

3 (NEW) Loreena McKennitt – Lost Souls
Chart Run: *3*- / 1w

4 (2) My Indigo – My Indigo
Chart Run: *1*-1-2-4- / 4w

5 (3) Saara Aalto – Wild Wild Wonderland
Chart Run: 4-*3*-5- / 3w

6 (4) Anne-Marie – Speak Your Mind
Chart Run: *2*-4-6- / 3w

7 (6) Sofi Tukker – Treehouse
Chart Run: *4*-4-7-6-7- / 5w

8 (7) Pentatonix – PTX Presents: Top Pop, Vol. I
Chart Run: *5*-6-9-7-8- / 5w

9 (5) Janelle Monae – Dirty Computer
Chart Run: *5*-5-9- / 3w

10 (11) Faun – XV - Best Of *G*
Chart Run: *4*-7-10-14-9-10-5-6-9-12-13-11-10- / 13w

11 (8) Cardi B – Invasion Of Privacy
Chart Run: 3-*2*-3-8-8-11- / 6w

12 (13) Brandi Carlile – By The Way, I Forgive You *G*
Chart Run: *1*-1-1-2-4-4-7-9-15-18-12-13-12- / 13w

13 (18) Leaves’ Eyes – Sign Of The Dragonhead *G*
Chart Run: *1*-1-1-1-3-6-9-12-13-15-18-14-13-20-Out-RE 18-13- / 16w

14 (10) Auri – Auri *G*
Chart Run: *1*-2-1-3-7-10-10-14- / 8w

15 (12) Ashley Monroe – Sparrow
Chart Run: *8*-11-12-15- / 4w

16 (9) Imagine Dragons – Evolve *P*
Chart Run: 2-2-2-2-3-5-7-11-14-16-19-Out-RE 17-12-16-15-18-Out-RE *1*-2-6-9-16- / 21w

17 (15) The Weeknd – My Dear Melancholy,
Chart Run: *1*-2-6-9-14-15-17- / 7w

18 (14) Kacey Musgraves – Golden Hour
Chart Run: *3*-7-8-11-15-14-18- / 7w

19 (16) The Dark Element (Anette Olzon & Jani Liimatainen) – The Dark Element *P*
Chart Run: *1*-1-1-2-3-5-9-5-6-9-7-3-4-1-3-5-2-4-10-14-15-Out-RE 16-19- / 23w

20 (17) Ariana Grande – Dangerous Woman *P*
Chart Run: *1*-2-2-2-2-2-4-5-8-10-13-17-Out-RE 14-7-11-6-10-16-Out-RE 16-Out-RE 3-8-12-Out-RE 16-17-17-20- / 26w

Out of Top20
Out (19) Kylie Minogue – Golden (5w)
Out (20) Nightwish – Decades *G* (8w)

New certifications
The compilation for the Eurovision Song Contest 2018 goes GOLD (100+ points)

Tansike
Legend

Postby stevyy » Thu May 17, 2018 10:39 am

we have the same ESC taste. Estonia is going to debut VERY high on my chart as well. <3

Love that Voicenotes is popular here too.
stevyy
Legend

Postby heppolo » Thu May 17, 2018 3:25 pm

25 (NEW) Lea Sirk – Hvala, ne!

Love this song, such a fine trap-influenced banger.

16 (NEW) Rasmussen – Higher Ground

Probably one of my favourite Eurovision studio cuts of the year
heppolo
Legend

Postby phoenix98 » Mon May 21, 2018 9:00 pm

Tansike wrote:Butterfree’s Psy Beam was my biggest help there! :) I don’t have a Charizard yet (two more levels to go…) and Charmeleon’s Ember is quite weak actually…
No, I didn’t play much lately so I’m not much further. I’m moving soon so my free time is currently packed with preparing stuff for that.

Ah, sounds great! Oh yeah, I loved Platinum back when it came out… probably even the last Pokémon game I really loved & stanned for! :oops: How far are you at the moment? Do you have to pay nothing at all for the TCG Online game? Lately I’ve been thinking a lot about TCGs, not only Pokémon, but also Yu-Gi-Oh, which was a HUGE part of my life during my teens, as I even played lots of tournaments and I’ve started to really miss something like that in my life. But as you say, collecting them is always so expensive, so doing it online may be a great compromise.
Ah, yeah, Butterfree can be really useful in Gen I (especially for an early-game Bug-type!) When I did my Ash-inspired Yellow playthrough, I kept it on my team through the Elite Four thanks to its nifty "Sleep Powder"/"Schlafpuder," "Mega Drain"/"Megasauger" (from the TM), and "Psychic"/"Psychokinese" (from the TM). When/where are you moving? Exciting (and hopefully not too stressful). :oops:

I just got to Route 222 in my Platinum run, so I'm nearly at the end of the main story. The online version of the card game is totally free, and it gives you a few different theme decks to use right away. You can earn coins by defeating computer opponents or other real players, and exchange those coins for more digital booster packs or theme decks. If you do purchase any real/physical packs at stores, each one comes with a code to redeem an online pack. You can trade the digital cards with other players too, though I haven't tried that yet. Hope that made sense :lol: I remember you mentioning Yu-Gi-Oh before, but I forgot that you actually competed in formal tournaments :o That's awesome! Do you still have most of those cards stashed away somewhere?

Tansike wrote:Maybe. But, I don’t remember to see so many tracks/artists from that genre smashing the way they do now like a few years ago. There’s been a time when dance tracks were so popular, also on Spotify. At least that’s what I remember. So maybe it’s just now? And in a year or two something else slays again… if so, then hopefully it’ll be the pop girls!
**Nod** That's definitely a part of it too: certain genres just fall in-and-out of style, and right now hip-hop/rap seems to be having a HUGE upswing in trendiness. I guess I'm a little spoiled for expecting my favorite artists/genres to always dominate :lol: I've just gotta be a little more patient, and the public's preferences will surely shift again at some point.

Tansike wrote:“Let Me Go” and the Marilyn Manson collabs immediately come to my mind, I always enjoyed these two a lot and was sad she never released the latter as a proper single. “Rock N Roll” and “Give You What You Like” were strong, too. But now that you’re mentioning it, yeah, I can see the attempt of getting an own TD as well!
I do remember "Bad Girl" standing out in a good way, and I think "You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet" made a pretty good impression too. As I look over that album's song titles right now, I can't recall most of their melodies/choruses at all, so it's definitely due for a re-visit sometime. :lol:

Tansike wrote:Maybe this will still happen? I mean, “Happier” is basically only the fourth international single, and two of them were released at the same time. The album has many songs left and was a huge success, and there was a time when artists released 5+ singles from huge albums (“Teenage Dream”, “Loud”). It will probably depend on 1) how long he wants to have a break after the tour and 2) how well “Happier” will do.
On one hand, I'd love to see some other stuff still get a push this era ("Galway Girl" here in the US, "New Man" everywhere)...but since the singles have been so massive (especially "Shape Of You" and "Perfect"), he's probably better off lying low for a while after "Happier." Having five proper singles from ÷ would be the same as x (not counting "Supermarket Flowers" getting that special-promo-single release after he performed it at the BRITs). So while I don't personally love the idea of closing out this era with "Happier," it might be for the best to wrap things up soon :-? I usually love long eras, but the backlash/over-exposure already started to feel pretty strong during "Shape Of You," and then "Perfect" was everywhere with all of its different versions...

Tansike wrote:Oh, I forgot “Love Is Dead” comes out so soon! :o Thanks for the little reminder! I feel like the first half of 2018 has been much busier than previous first halfs… usually it’s always the second half of a year which is so busy.
Same :o I probably would'nt have checked out ALL of the albums that I have this year if it wasn't for the convenience of Apple Music, but it really feels like there's been an especially large amount of noteworthy new releases already!

Tansike wrote:Do you enjoyed “La forza”? It’s a stunning song… her vocals are flawless, the staging is beautiful and she’s also sooo beautiful. I’m happy it did quite well on the contest. “Toy” is good, too, and also one of my faves, but in the end I would’ve preferred Cyprus or Estonia as the winner.
I think we were already talking about Eurovision last year but I don’t remember exactly… did you ever watch the contest? Or how come you’re familiar with it? As it’s still a thing in Europe and not really known in the US, isn’t it?
I've never watched the contest before (I'm honestly not sure how :oops: I don't think it's broadcast on TV in the US at all, but maybe it's streamed online somewhere? It seems like Akini watched it all, and he's outside Europe, so it's accessible somehow.) I've just checked out the songs that I've seen dominating my favorite personal charts.

Tansike wrote:Glad to see you’re enjoying that debut for Céline! I already saw its spot on your chart and I’m happy to see so many people reacting so positively about “Ashes”. It’s such a strong track which would deserves lots of charts success to be honest. From the ones you’ve written down, I actually know Céline’s music more than I know Janet’s, Whitney’s, Mariah’s and probably even Kylie’s discography… but I grew up in Switzerland, and Céline’s huuuge here.
Oooh...then you'll have to direct me toward her best albums! What are some of your all-time-favorite songs of hers? She was definitely one of the biggest acts of the 90's in the US too, but a handful of her hits were SO massive ("Because You Loved Me," "It's All Coming Back To Me Now," "My Heart Will Go On," "The Power Of Love," "I'm Your Angel") that a lot of her other singles either got over-shadowed or never even released in the US. When I downloaded My Love: Ultimate Essential Collection a while back, there were a LOT of songs that I didn't recognize! :o

Tansike wrote:1 (1) Elina Nechayeva – La forza
3 (2) Saara Aalto – Monsters *G*
4 (NEW) Selena Gomez – Back To You
6 (5) Netta – Toy
9 (4) Ariana Grande – No Tears Left To Cry
11 (7) Céline Dion – Ashes
18 (9) Marshmello & Anne-Marie – Friends *P*
19 (11) Shawn Mendes feat. Khalid – Youth
21 (12) Childish Gambino – This Is America
22 (RE) Charlie Puth – Attention
23 (14) Anne-Marie – 2002
27 (10) Christina Aguilera feat. Ty Dolla $ign & 2 Chainz – Accelerate
31 (RE) Charlie Puth feat. Khelani – Done For Me
34 (15) My Indigo (Sharon den Adel) – Crash And Burn *G*
39 (23) David Guetta & Sia – Flames
:o The power of Eurovision must be STRONG if Selena had to settle for No. 4! "Wolves" debuted at No. 1, "Fetish" at No. 1, "Bad Liar" at No. 3, etc...or is "Back To You" just underwhelming for you?
• Nice to see a couple of Charlie's singles benefiting from the album effect (which manages an impressive No. 2 entry) - including a new peak for "Attention"! I definitely forgot that it never reached higher than No. 25 before. I'd love to hear which other Voicenotes tracks have been standing out to you and helped it secure that Top 2 debut.

Yet another forceful chart, Tansike! :D
phoenix98
Legend

Postby Tansike » Wed May 23, 2018 7:17 am

stevyy wrote:we have the same ESC taste. Estonia is going to debut VERY high on my chart as well. <3

Love that Voicenotes is popular here too.
That's amazing! Elina really did a fantastic performance. I'm glad she ended up in the Top10 on the Grand Finale :D

It's a great album <3

heppolo wrote:25 (NEW) Lea Sirk – Hvala, ne!

Love this song, such a fine trap-influenced banger.
It was such a nice surprise when they announced Slovenia to be in the Grand Finale. So well deserved :D

heppolo wrote:16 (NEW) Rasmussen – Higher Ground

Probably one of my favourite Eurovision studio cuts of the year
I really enjoy this, but i was surprised it was that popular among televoters. Good for Denmark though. And i guess this also means the live performance was a bit disappointing for you?
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Wed May 23, 2018 8:16 am

phoenix98 wrote:Ah, yeah, Butterfree can be really useful in Gen I (especially for an early-game Bug-type!) When I did my Ash-inspired Yellow playthrough, I kept it on my team through the Elite Four thanks to its nifty "Sleep Powder"/"Schlafpuder," "Mega Drain"/"Megasauger" (from the TM), and "Psychic"/"Psychokinese" (from the TM). When/where are you moving? Exciting (and hopefully not too stressful). :oops:

I just got to Route 222 in my Platinum run, so I'm nearly at the end of the main story. The online version of the card game is totally free, and it gives you a few different theme decks to use right away. You can earn coins by defeating computer opponents or other real players, and exchange those coins for more digital booster packs or theme decks. If you do purchase any real/physical packs at stores, each one comes with a code to redeem an online pack. You can trade the digital cards with other players too, though I haven't tried that yet. Hope that made sense :lol: I remember you mentioning Yu-Gi-Oh before, but I forgot that you actually competed in formal tournaments :o That's awesome! Do you still have most of those cards stashed away somewhere?
Ah, these moves sound fantastic. Mine will obviously get Psychic as well, plus it already has Sleep Power. So far, all of my Pokémon only have the moves they get through levelling up though, but I’ll add some more moves later on. I didn’t spoil me so far with which moves they get through level ups so I wanted to wait until they reach a certain level at first before giving them some other moves. But I have to say I just spoiled me a little bit yesterday as I was missing Pikachu’s Swift and had to check out when it learns it, and got shocked that it never gets it, only in Fire/Blue…
I’m moving this Saturday, and I’ll give the keys from my old apartment back next Tuesday. So in a week it all will already be over – thank god! The last time was a huge nightmare so I’m really stressed out at the moment because of this (but also because of other stuff). There are nights where I sleep just 2-3 hours at the moment, so I’ll be VERY happy when it’ll be next week at this time :oops:

Ah wow. What’s your current team?
This sounds VERY interesting. I think I’ll definitely try it out when the moving is done. Haha yeah, I was soooo obsessed with Yu-Gi-Oh for a few years, I knew everything and did quite well in some tournaments, though nothing too big. I also flopped a bit on the Swiss Championship :lol: Unfortunately, no, I gave my whole collection to my brother when I moved out nearly eight years ago, which was one of a few very bad decisions, as I had thousands of cards and they were also worth thousands of swiss francs/dollars. My collections was awesome. No idea what I was thinking when I moved out back then! :(

phoenix98 wrote:**Nod** That's definitely a part of it too: certain genres just fall in-and-out of style, and right now hip-hop/rap seems to be having a HUGE upswing in trendiness. I guess I'm a little spoiled for expecting my favorite artists/genres to always dominate :lol: I've just gotta be a little more patient, and the public's preferences will surely shift again at some point.
True… and I hope the public’s preferences will change soon! Drake will drop his new album soon and I’m so afraid that the charts will be full of Drake… I’m already not the biggest fan of that Post Malone charts slayage, and Drake will easily be even bigger.

phoenix98 wrote:I do remember "Bad Girl" standing out in a good way, and I think "You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet" made a pretty good impression too. As I look over that album's song titles right now, I can't recall most of their melodies/choruses at all, so it's definitely due for a re-visit sometime. :lol:
Glad to hear that you remember “Bad Girl”! :D Kinda sad you already forgot all others, with most of them being official singles! Definitely not a good sign at all for the album :lol:

phoenix98 wrote:On one hand, I'd love to see some other stuff still get a push this era ("Galway Girl" here in the US, "New Man" everywhere)...but since the singles have been so massive (especially "Shape Of You" and "Perfect"), he's probably better off lying low for a while after "Happier." Having five proper singles from ÷ would be the same as x (not counting "Supermarket Flowers" getting that special-promo-single release after he performed it at the BRITs). So while I don't personally love the idea of closing out this era with "Happier," it might be for the best to wrap things up soon :-? I usually love long eras, but the backlash/over-exposure already started to feel pretty strong during "Shape Of You," and then "Perfect" was everywhere with all of its different versions...
I think you may be right. Also, “Happier” is finally starting to take off in a few countries, so it may be possible that it even turns out to be a nice hit for him and he’ll be on the charts for another few months, so by the time it’ll be over it would be summer… and I can see him moving on with new music in 2020 (or he’s taking a break and comes back in 2021). I’m still crossing my fingers for a “Nancy Mulligan” release, maybe alongside a tour video, which could happen as he’s touring the whole summer as well…

phoenix98 wrote:Same :o I probably would'nt have checked out ALL of the albums that I have this year if it wasn't for the convenience of Apple Music, but it really feels like there's been an especially large amount of noteworthy new releases already!
Glad you turned into an Apple Music fan as well <3
It’s really crazy. Shawn Mendes will release his album this week as well, and Christina Aguilera, Nicki Minaj, Drake, Owl City, Lily Allen, Bebe Rexha and Florence + The Machine are all releasing their new albums next month :o I’d be broke by now if I still would buy all the albums in physical format :oops:

phoenix98 wrote: I've never watched the contest before (I'm honestly not sure how :oops: I don't think it's broadcast on TV in the US at all, but maybe it's streamed online somewhere? It seems like Akini watched it all, and he's outside Europe, so it's accessible somehow.) I've just checked out the songs that I've seen dominating my favorite personal charts.
Ah right. I think it was possible to follow the livestream on YouTube in Canada/US until 2017 but not this year, which is VERY weird and unfair to the American fans. So I’m not sure how Akini managed to watch it.

phoenix98 wrote:Oooh...then you'll have to direct me toward her best albums! What are some of your all-time-favorite songs of hers? She was definitely one of the biggest acts of the 90's in the US too, but a handful of her hits were SO massive ("Because You Loved Me," "It's All Coming Back To Me Now," "My Heart Will Go On," "The Power Of Love," "I'm Your Angel") that a lot of her other singles either got over-shadowed or never even released in the US. When I downloaded My Love: Ultimate Essential Collection a while back, there were a LOT of songs that I didn't recognize! :o
Oh I’m sorry, I think I picked the wrong words. Yes, I’m more familiar with Céline than with Janet, Whitney, Mariah or even Kylie, but this doesn’t mean I’m familiar with her albums or album tracks. It’s just that I don’t even know many singles by the other girls, while I’m quite familiar with Céline’s singles. There are also a few album tracks I know, plus her last French album “Sans attender” was quite nice as a whole as well, but that’s pretty much it :oops:

phoenix98 wrote::o The power of Eurovision must be STRONG if Selena had to settle for No. 4! "Wolves" debuted at No. 1, "Fetish" at No. 1, "Bad Liar" at No. 3, etc...or is "Back To You" just underwhelming for you?
• Nice to see a couple of Charlie's singles benefiting from the album effect (which manages an impressive No. 2 entry) - including a new peak for "Attention"! I definitely forgot that it never reached higher than No. 25 before. I'd love to hear which other Voicenotes tracks have been standing out to you and helped it secure that Top 2 debut.

Yet another forceful chart, Tansike! :D
Oh… you’re good at remembering these debut positions :o Even I had to look them up! :lol:
Yeah, the ESC is always (or often) a huge event for me and always dominated my charts during the weeks when the Semi Finals and the Grand Final are airing on the TV. Speaking of which, I’d recommend you Eleni Foureira – Fuego, my current #2 and the ESC entry for Cyprus which came 2nd on the contest. I think you may enjoy it :wink:
As for “Back To You”, I’m really liking it but it’s definitely not among her best ones. Maybe it will get that Top3 spot once the ESC hype is over… so maybe already this week?

“Attention” was a weird one for me, as I never really got into it until this year. There were a few big hits in the last one and a half years which never got me, others being Julia Michaels’ “Issues” or Portugal. The Man’s “Feel It Still” for example. Picking my favorite ones of “Voicenotes” is reeeaaally difficult at the moment. I’ve heard the album nine times so far according to LastFM but to me it more works like a whole body of work and none of the tracks except the singles really stood out for me. That’s a very good sign for the album though, but I’m not sure if he gets another hit from it. “Done For Me” clearly is the best I’d say, from the album tracks I think I’d pick “The Way I Am” and “Patient”. But if you enjoyed his music so far, you really should give the whole album a listen one day :)

Thanks so much :D
Tansike
Legend

Postby heppolo » Wed May 23, 2018 8:22 am

I really enjoy this, but i was surprised it was that popular among televoters. Good for Denmark though. And i guess this also means the live performance was a bit disappointing for you?
I wanted the staging to be as epic as the song. :)
heppolo
Legend

Postby Tansike » Wed May 23, 2018 8:46 am

^ Ah, makes sense. The performance definitely lacked something, they could have done a lot more...
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Thu May 24, 2018 8:39 am

thanks so much for all comments

My Charts - week 21/2018 – 24 may 2018 - Demi isn’t doing it Solo
    Singles Top40
    Image Image Image
Spoiler:
It’s a great week for Demi Lovato, as the singer is featured on two new songs and while one of them makes a very big impact, the other one is doing quite well too, making her the featured artists on the two highest new arrivals of the week. The first one is “Solo”, the latest single by Clean Bandit. Following the success of “Rockabye”, “Symphony”, “Disconnect” and “I Miss You”, “Solo” is already their fifth hit collaboration in a row. The song debuts right at the top of the Singles Top40, making it the third chart topper for both, Clean Bandit and Demi Lovato. The former reached the summit last year with “Symphony” and “Disconnect”, while the latter did it with “Neon Lights” (2013) and “Cool For The Summer” (2015). The other Demi featured collaboration is “Fall In Line”, the latest single of Christina Aguilera’s upcoming album “Liberation”. The song enters the charts at #11, one spot below the debut and peak position for Christina’s previous entry “Accelerate”, which drops 27-40 in its third week.

The ESC craziness already starts to slow down with seven entries leaving the Top40 and all others losing some spots this week. Elina Nechayeva’s “La forza” (1-3), Eleni Foureira’s “Fuego” (2-4), Equinox’ “Bones” (5-6), Saara Aalto’s “Monsters” (3-7), Netta’s “Toy” (6-10) and Mikolas Josef’s “Lie To Me” (7-12) seem to be the ones which become real hits this year.

Other new and re-entries this week: Passenger’s new single “Hell Or High Water” starts at #13. Becoming a hit in a few countries only now, Kygo & Miguel’s “Remind Me To Forget” makes a surprising re-entry at #16. Having released two songs at once already two weeks ago, Meghan Trainor didn’t enter the charts with both of these songs until now, with “Can’t Dance” being new at #17 and “Let You Be Right” arriving at #21. Fifth Harmony has released something which is basically a farewell video for the track “Don’t Say You Love Me”, which becomes the girl bands’ tenth and most likely final chart entry by debuting at #20; it’s also their eighth Top20 hit, with “Work From Home” being their only Top10 hit (#3 in 2016). Following a disappointing performance for “Sanctify”, “If You’re Over Me” does even worse for Years & Years and only makes it to #29. Jennifer Lopez’ collaboration with DJ Khaled and Cardi B called “Dinero” arrives at #33 while the final debut of the week goes to “Sangria Wine” at #38, a collaboration by Pharrell Williams and former Fifth Harmony member Camila Cabello.

Other talking points this week: Selena Gomez collects yet another Top3 hit in her discography as “Back To You” ascends 4-2. Shawn Mendes gets a second Top10 hit in a row (out of just two Top10 entries in total!) as “Youth” featuring Khalid jumps 19-8. It’s followed by the much talked about “This Is America”, which becomes the first Top10 entry for Childish Gambino by rising 21-9. Also reaching a new peak is “Attention” by Charlie Puth, as the song still benefits from the album release and reaches the upper half for its first time (22-19) – over a year after its initial release!

Childish Gambino’s “This Is America” is the biggest climber while Ireland’s ESC entry “Together” performed by Ryan O'Shaughnessy falls 14-30 as the biggest loser this week.

1 (NEW) Clean Bandit feat. Demi Lovato – Solo
Chart Run: *1*- / 1w

2 (4) Selena Gomez – Back To You
Chart Run: 4-*2*- / 2w

3 (1) Elina Nechayeva – La forza
Chart Run: 3-*1*-1-3- / 4w

4 (2) Eleni Foureira – Fuego
Chart Run: 3-*2*-4- / 3w

5 (9) Ariana Grande – No Tears Left To Cry
Chart Run: *1*-1-4-9-5- / 5w

6 (5) Equinox – Bones
Chart Run: 6-6-*5*-6- / 4w

7 (3) Saara Aalto – Monsters *G*
Chart Run: 9-2-2-*1*-5-14-27-40-37-Out-RE 5-2-3-7- / 13w

8 (19) Shawn Mendes feat. Khalid – Youth
Chart Run: 11-19-*8*- / 3w

9 (21) Childish Gambino – This Is America
Chart Run: 12-21-*9*- / 3w

10 (6) Netta – Toy
Chart Run: 16-20-39-Out-RE *5*-6-10- / 6w

11 (NEW) Christina Aguilera feat. Demi Lovato – Fall In Line
Chart Run: *11*- / 1w

12 (7) Mikolas Josef – Lie To Me
Chart Run: 11-8-*7*-12- / 4w

13 (NEW) Passenger – Hell Or High Water
Chart Run: *13*- / 1w

14 (11) Céline Dion – Ashes
Chart Run: *7*-11-14- / 3w

15 (8) Benjamin Ingrosso – Dance You Off
Chart Run: *8*-15- / 2w

16 (RE) Kygo & Miguel – Remind Me To Forget
Chart Run: 35-Out-RE *16*- / 2w

17 (NEW) Meghan Trainor – Can’t Dance
Chart Run: *17*- / 1w

18 (10) Madame Monsieur – Mercy
Chart Run: *10*-18- / 2w

19 (22) Charlie Puth – Attention
Chart Run: 29-Out-RE 27-25-29-28-33-38-Out-RE 22-*19*- / 9w

20 (NEW) Fifth Harmony – Don’t Say You Love Me
Chart Run: *20*- / 1w

21 (NEW) Meghan Trainor – Let You Be Right
Chart Run: *21*- / 1w

22 (15) Cesar Sampson – Nobody But You
Chart Run: 17-*15*-22- / 3w

23 (13) Waylon – Outlaw In ‘Em
Chart Run: *13*-23- / 2w

24 (16) Rasmussen – Higher Ground
Chart Run: *16*-24- / 2w

25 (18) Marshmello & Anne-Marie – Friends *P*
Chart Run: 5-*1*-1-2-3-5-5-6-3-7-6-2-9-18-25- / 15w

26 (12) Rita Ora feat. Cardi B, Bebe Rexha & Charli XCX – Girls
Chart Run: *12*-26- / 2w

27 (31) Charlie Puth feat. Khelani – Done For Me
Chart Run: 27-24-17-*13*-15-17-22-Out-RE 31-27- / 9w

28 (24) SuRie – Storm
Chart Run: *24*-28- / 2w

29 (NEW) Years & Years – If You’re Over Me
Chart Run: *29*- / 1w

30 (14) Ryan O'Shaughnessy – Together
Chart Run: *14*-30- / 2w

31 (25) Lea Sirk – Hvala, ne!
Chart Run: *25*-31- / 2w

32 (17) Jessica Mauboy – We Got Love
Chart Run: 39-Out-RE *17*-32- / 3w

33 (NEW) Jennifer Lopez feat. DJ Khaled & Cardi B – Dinero
Chart Run: *33*- / 1w

34 (20) Mélovin – Under The Ladder
Chart Run: *20*-34- / 2w

35 (23) Anne-Marie – 2002
Chart Run: 12-*7*-14-23-35- / 5w

36 (29) Michael Schulte – You Let Me Walk Alone
Chart Run: *29*-36- / 2w

37 (39) David Guetta & Sia – Flames
Chart Run: 16-12-*6*-13-18-20-23-39-37- / 9w

38 (NEW) Pharrell Williams & Camila Cabello – Sangria Wine
Chart Run: *38*- / 1w

39 (26) Ieva Zasimauskaitė – When We’re Old
Chart Run: *24*-26-39- / 3w

40 (27) Christina Aguilera feat. Ty Dolla $ign & 2 Chainz – Accelerate
Chart Run: *10*-27-40- / 3w

Out of Top40
Out (28) AWS – Viszlát nyár (1w)
Out (30) My Indigo (Sharon den Adel) – My Indigo *P* (15w)
Out (32) Christabelle – Taboo (1w)
Out (33) ZiBBZ – Stones (2w)
Out (34) My Indigo (Sharon den Adel) – Crash And Burn *G* (10w)
Out (35) Jessika feat. Jenifer Brening – Who We Are (1w)
Out (36) DoReDoS – My Lucky Day (1w)
Out (37) Gromee feat. Lukas Meijer – Light Me Up (1w9
Out (38) Noah Cyrus & MAX – Team (1w)
Out (40) The Humans – Goodbye (1w)

New certifications
none

Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Thu May 24, 2018 8:39 am

My Charts - week 21/2018 – 24 may 2018 - Demi isn’t doing it Solo
    Album Top20
    Image Image Image
Spoiler:
In a week with just two new releases which only made moderate impacts, it looked like the whole Top4 would stay exactly the same as a week ago at first, though there were some last minute changes. Loreena McKennitt switches places with the Eurovision Song Contest compilation, as her “Lost Souls” rises 3-1 while the compilation falls 1-3 after two weeks on top. Loreena’s “Lost Souls” becomes yet another alternative number one, following The Dark Element’s “The Dark Element”, Leaves’ Eyes’ “Sign Of The Dragonhead”, Auri’s “Auri”, Nightwish’s “Decades”, My Indigo’s “My Indigo” and Evanescence’s “Synthesis”, showing what a good year 2018 is for this genre so far. Meanwhile, the Eurovision compilation already surpasses last years edition when it comes to success, despite its shaky start. Charlie Puth’s “Voicenotes” (2-2) and My Indigo’s “My Indigo” (4-4) remain at their positions.

The first of the two new entries is James Bay’s second album “Electric Light”, which starts at #5. His debut album “Chaos And The Calm” came out over three years ago and debuted and peaked at #4. The other arrival is the soundtrack to the second season of ’13 Reasons Why’, which enters the charts at #12.

It’s a good week for country artists, as the latest albums by Ashley Monroe and Kacey Musgraves gain a lot this week. The former is rising 15-7 with her fourth studio album “Sparrow”, outdoing its previous best mark and reaching a new peak, while the latter climbs 18-10 with her seventh studio album “Golden Hour”.

1 (3) Loreena McKennitt – Lost Souls
Chart Run: 3-*1*- / 2w

2 (2) Charlie Puth – Voicenotes
Chart Run: *2*-2- / 2w

3 (1) Eurovision Song Contest 2018 *G*
Chart Run: 5-7-5-3-*1*-1-3- / 7w

4 (4) My Indigo – My Indigo
Chart Run: *1*-1-2-4-4- / 5w

5 (NEW) James Bay – Electric Light
Chart Run: *5*- / 1w

6 (6) Anne-Marie – Speak Your Mind
Chart Run: *2*-4-6-6- / 4w

7 (15) Ashley Monroe – Sparrow
Chart Run: 8-11-12-15-*7*- / 5w

8 (5) Saara Aalto – Wild Wild Wonderland
Chart Run: 4-*3*-5-8- / 4w

9 (10) Faun – XV - Best Of *G*
Chart Run: *4*-7-10-14-9-10-5-6-9-12-13-11-10-9- / 14w

10 (18) Kacey Musgraves – Golden Hour
Chart Run: *3*-7-8-11-15-14-18-10- / 8w

11 (7) Sofi Tukker – Treehouse
Chart Run: *4*-4-7-6-7-11- / 6w

12 (NEW) Soundtrack – 13 Reasons Why, Season 2
Chart Run: *12*- / 1w

13 (8) Pentatonix – PTX Presents: Top Pop, Vol. I
Chart Run: *5*-6-9-7-8-13- / 6w

14 (11) Cardi B – Invasion Of Privacy
Chart Run: 3-*2*-3-8-8-11-14- / 7w

15 (9) Janelle Monae – Dirty Computer
Chart Run: *5*-5-9-15- / 4w

16 (14) Auri – Auri *G*
Chart Run: *1*-2-1-3-7-10-10-14-16- / 9w

17 (12) Brandi Carlile – By The Way, I Forgive You *G*
Chart Run: *1*-1-1-2-4-4-7-9-15-18-12-13-12-17- / 14w

18 (13) Leaves’ Eyes – Sign Of The Dragonhead *G*
Chart Run: *1*-1-1-1-3-6-9-12-13-15-18-14-13-20-Out-RE 18-13-18- / 17w

19 (17) The Weeknd – My Dear Melancholy,
Chart Run: *1*-2-6-9-14-15-17-19- / 8w

20 (16) Imagine Dragons – Evolve *P*
Chart Run: 2-2-2-2-3-5-7-11-14-16-19-Out-RE 17-12-16-15-18-Out-RE *1*-2-6-9-16-20- / 22w

Out of Top20
Out (19) The Dark Element (Anette Olzon & Jani Liimatainen) – The Dark Element *P* (23w)
Out (20) Ariana Grande – Dangerous Woman *P* (26w)

New certifications
none

Tansike
Legend

Postby JakeP » Mon May 28, 2018 9:35 pm

Hi Tansike :D

It's been a while so let's get those comments coming in. :P

1 (NEW) Clean Bandit feat. Demi Lovato – Solo

Gosh, the holy trinity; me, you and Paul. When we're all in agreement with our #1 single its a special moment. 8-)

As i just commented in Paul's chart, this has grown on me more and could finally enter my chart. It was overshadowed by eurovision then didn't really impact much last week so missed out on entering my top 20.

La forza remains one of the most breathtaking songs from the whole of eurovision. Safe to say there really isn't another song quite like this in the charts right now. :lol:

Fuego has easily been my stand out song this year. It's just such an amazing pop song and Eleni really delivers on stage.

A great recovery here for Ariana. I can see this holding up for a few more weeks yet. I'm still enjoying No tears left to cry. I'm curious to hear the new track The light is coming.

6 (5) Equinox – Bones

The impact of Bones was kinda lost on me in the final. I like the song the song but overall i just preferred other songs in the final so this missed the cut in my chart. :(

Whereas Saara owned it by returning to my top 10 post-contest. A shame that this failed to do well in the final.

Youth is quite easily the best song Shawn has released off this album. I've still not checked out the rest of his album though. :oops: Have you had chance to give the album a listen?

I have to admit, i'm already getting over this. :lol: The music video has really helped this song especially going to #1 in America which is incredible.

Wow! :o I thought you would love this as i know you're a big Demi Lovato fan. What is Christina's chart history in your chart?

Like Fall in line, Ashes is another song i really thought you would love. Céline did really well to make your top 10 so its still a good result. Have you seen Deadpool 2 yet?

16 (RE) Kygo & Miguel – Remind Me To Forget

Also enters my chart this week. This has grown on me quite a lot over the last couple of weeks and their performance on Tonight with Jimmy Fallon helped to bring the song back to my attention.

Olly in black underwear curled up on a bed. What's not to love? :lol: :oops: Although its just a quick shot at the end of the video, i'm looking forward to seeing what the next music video has to offer. In the meantime, If you're over me is still an enjoyable pop song. There's also a possibility that this will outperform Sanctify in my chart too. I still hear a bit of early Olly Murs in this track though. :lol:
JakeP
Manager

Postby phoenix98 » Tue May 29, 2018 7:00 pm

Tansike wrote:Ah, these moves sound fantastic. Mine will obviously get Psychic as well, plus it already has Sleep Power. So far, all of my Pokémon only have the moves they get through levelling up though, but I’ll add some more moves later on. I didn’t spoil me so far with which moves they get through level ups so I wanted to wait until they reach a certain level at first before giving them some other moves. But I have to say I just spoiled me a little bit yesterday as I was missing Pikachu’s Swift and had to check out when it learns it, and got shocked that it never gets it, only in Fire/Blue…

I’m moving this Saturday, and I’ll give the keys from my old apartment back next Tuesday. So in a week it all will already be over – thank god! The last time was a huge nightmare so I’m really stressed out at the moment because of this (but also because of other stuff). There are nights where I sleep just 2-3 hours at the moment, so I’ll be VERY happy when it’ll be next week at this time :oops:

Ah wow. What’s your current team? This sounds VERY interesting. I think I’ll definitely try it out when the moving is done. Haha yeah, I was soooo obsessed with Yu-Gi-Oh for a few years, I knew everything and did quite well in some tournaments, though nothing too big. I also flopped a bit on the Swiss Championship :lol: Unfortunately, no, I gave my whole collection to my brother when I moved out nearly eight years ago, which was one of a few very bad decisions, as I had thousands of cards and they were also worth thousands of swiss francs/dollars. My collections was awesome. No idea what I was thinking when I moved out back then! :(
Ah, whoops - hopefully I haven't said anything to spoil their level-up moves :lol: Waiting to use any TMs is a smart move in the older gens where they're still single-use-only. Bummer about "Swift" being replaced (though I'm pretty sure you can still teach it via TM), but Pikachu does get "Thunderbolt"/"Donnerblitz" by level-up instead, so that's a pretty nice trade-off (and lets you save the only "Thunderbolt" TM for somebody else).

Ooh...so by the time you're reading this, you'll have moved into your new place? Congrats! Sorry to hear about all the stress (and lack of sleep), though :o **Hug** Hopefully you're getting more than 2-3 hours now that you're officially in your new home/done with your old apartment! Or maybe you just need the right snuggle buddy...?

I'm about to enter Victory Road/Siegesstraße and my current team = Potentate the Empoleon, Router the Rotom, Malware the Porygon2 (still need to evolve it), Auger the Steelix/Stahlos, Broiler the Magmortar/Magbrant, and Snowplow the Mamoswine/Mamutel. I'm pretty happy with this squad, especially since it includes a few Pokémon that I've never used on any traveling team before. I've had a few "deaths," unfortunately, the saddest of which was Drapery the Wormadam/Burmadame (since I'd never used one before, she had a nifty Bug/Steel type combo, and she was on my main team for a long stretch of the game before getting killed by Commander Saturn's Toxicroak) :cry: I’d love to hear more about your Yellow adventure, though I figure you probably haven’t played too much lately, since you just moved this past weekend? Aw, even though you "flopped" at the national Championship, it's pretty awesome that you got to participate at that level at all! Is there any chance of ever getting your cards back from your brother, or has he already sold them/given them away?

Tansike wrote:True… and I hope the public’s preferences will change soon! Drake will drop his new album soon and I’m so afraid that the charts will be full of Drake… I’m already not the biggest fan of that Post Malone charts slayage, and Drake will easily be even bigger.
Sad, but true :cry: It's times like that when I kind of wish Billboard would adopt a rule like the UK chart did about only allowing a maximum of 3 songs from an act (as the lead artist) on each chart. The Hot 100 Top 10 is already too clogged with songs that don't really interest/appeal to me, and then when albums like theirs drop, they suddenly take up 15-20 spots across the whole chart. :x

Tansike wrote:Glad to hear that you remember “Bad Girl”! :D Kinda sad you already forgot all others, with most of them being official singles! Definitely not a good sign at all for the album :lol:
Ah, sorry, I definitely didn't say that well: I was only referring to album tracks when I mentioned not being able to remember how they sound. The singles I can still call to mind (especially "Here's To Never Growing Up" and "Hello Kitty," of course). ;)

Tansike wrote:I think you may be right. Also, “Happier” is finally starting to take off in a few countries, so it may be possible that it even turns out to be a nice hit for him and he’ll be on the charts for another few months, so by the time it’ll be over it would be summer… and I can see him moving on with new music in 2020 (or he’s taking a break and comes back in 2021). I’m still crossing my fingers for a “Nancy Mulligan” release, maybe alongside a tour video, which could happen as he’s touring the whole summer as well…
Yeah, a tour video to close out the era couldn't hurt, and the idea of waiting until 2020-2021 for his next album sounds pretty perfect. He could always do a guest appearance or two in 2019 to keep his name out there somewhat, without being as ever-present/inescapable as he's been during the ÷ era.

Tansike wrote:Glad you turned into an Apple Music fan as well <3 It’s really crazy. Shawn Mendes will release his album this week as well, and Christina Aguilera, Nicki Minaj, Drake, Owl City, Lily Allen, Bebe Rexha and Florence + The Machine are all releasing their new albums next month :o I’d be broke by now if I still would buy all the albums in physical format :oops:
:o Woah, looks like the 2018 torrent of noteworthy new releases isn't slowing down anytime soon! Granted, I don't expect to check out all of the ones you mentioned. Might wait to hear your thoughts on a few first. ;)

Tansike wrote:Ah right. I think it was possible to follow the livestream on YouTube in Canada/US until 2017 but not this year, which is VERY weird and unfair to the American fans. So I’m not sure how Akini managed to watch it.
Damn, that would've made it so easy to follow along! Shame they stopped making it available that way. :x

Tansike wrote:Oh I’m sorry, I think I picked the wrong words. Yes, I’m more familiar with Céline than with Janet, Whitney, Mariah or even Kylie, but this doesn’t mean I’m familiar with her albums or album tracks. It’s just that I don’t even know many singles by the other girls, while I’m quite familiar with Céline’s singles. There are also a few album tracks I know, plus her last French album “Sans attender” was quite nice as a whole as well, but that’s pretty much it :oops:
Ha, no worries, I was too quick to assume/interpret that you were some kind of Céline super-fan :lol: I'll probably just give whatever album she puts out next (English or French) a try...

Tansike wrote:Oh… you’re good at remembering these debut positions :o Even I had to look them up! :lol:

Yeah, the ESC is always (or often) a huge event for me and always dominated my charts during the weeks when the Semi Finals and the Grand Final are airing on the TV. Speaking of which, I’d recommend you Eleni Foureira – Fuego, my current #2 and the ESC entry for Cyprus which came 2nd on the contest. I think you may enjoy it :wink:
Ha, it's not just you - I had to look them up to be sure too. :oops: :lol:

:o You're absolutely right! I ended up checking out "Fuego" after seeing it on Jake's chart before noticing your comment here, and I liked it right away! "We Got Love" made a pretty good first impression too, but those two are definitely my favorites of the entries that I've heard from this year.

Tansike wrote:“Attention” was a weird one for me, as I never really got into it until this year. There were a few big hits in the last one and a half years which never got me, others being Julia Michaels’ “Issues” or Portugal. The Man’s “Feel It Still” for example. Picking my favorite ones of “Voicenotes” is reeeaaally difficult at the moment. I’ve heard the album nine times so far according to LastFM but to me it more works like a whole body of work and none of the tracks except the singles really stood out for me. That’s a very good sign for the album though, but I’m not sure if he gets another hit from it. “Done For Me” clearly is the best I’d say, from the album tracks I think I’d pick “The Way I Am” and “Patient”. But if you enjoyed his music so far, you really should give the whole album a listen one day :)
Voicenotes really does sound like a pretty consistent/cohesive album overall! I totally forgot to mention it when I was talking about waiting for Love Is Dead the other week, but I've been checking out Voicenotes since it dropped. There are a couple of duds/skippable moments for me ("LA Girls" and "Through It All"), but I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed most of the tracks that I hadn't heard before (since none of the official singles had really wowed me). "Slow It Down," "Somebody Told Me," and "BOY" have been the biggest standouts so far (with "Empty Cups" not too far behind).

Tansike wrote:1 (NEW) Clean Bandit feat. Demi Lovato – Solo
10 (6) Netta – Toy
17 (NEW) Meghan Trainor – Can’t Dance
19 (22) Charlie Puth – Attention
21 (NEW) Meghan Trainor – Let You Be Right
25 (18) Marshmello & Anne-Marie – Friends *P*
27 (31) Charlie Puth feat. Khelani – Done For Me
32 (17) Jessica Mauboy – We Got Love
35 (23) Anne-Marie – 2002
37 (39) David Guetta & Sia – Flames
38 (NEW) Pharrell Williams & Camila Cabello – Sangria Wine
40 (27) Christina Aguilera feat. Ty Dolla $ign & 2 Chainz – Accelerate
• SO happy that "Solo" has united the trio of you, Jake, and me :cry: I wasn't sure how others would react/respond to it, since I thought all the random sound effects might just seem annoying to some listeners, but somehow it all works pretty brilliantly!
• Glad to see Selena living up to her legacy here by entering your Top 2 8-) I can hear the "It Ain't Me" comparisons that people have mentioned, but I actually prefer "Back To You" overall. It’s a fairly sad song, but it also has this somewhat soothing effect on me.
• I definitely wasn't expecting such a strong rebound (all the way to a new peak) for "This Is America" :o Any particular reason? Not that I mind! I'm still not playing the song itself much, but considering we just had another lethal school shooting less than 2 week ago, its message is still as relevant as ever. :x :cry:
• Hmmm...although they're not very far apart here, it looks like we've had different experiences with "Can't Dance" and "Let You Be Right," since I definitely prefer the latter. They're both pretty underwhelming, though (neither are as catchy as "No Excuses," and that wasn't exactly one of her all-time-best offerings anyway). Now I'm REALLY wondering what's going to happen with her next album, after an under-performing lead single and dual-release follow-ups that are totally flopping. :-?

Yet another chart that stands on its own, Tansike! :D
phoenix98
Legend

Postby heppolo » Wed May 30, 2018 6:27 pm

15 (8) Benjamin Ingrosso – Dance You Off
Chart Run: *8*-15- / 2w

I've enjoyed the full version and the new music video of ''Dance You Off'', both were released last week.
heppolo
Legend

Postby Tansike » Thu May 31, 2018 1:18 pm

Thanks for all comments!

My Charts will be delayed this week. My internet isn‘t running since Monday and i didn‘t have the time to prepare the charts at work either. Hopefully tomorrow or on the weekend i‘ll be able to post this weeks update! :)
Tansike
Legend

Return to Personal Charts