My Charts - week 49 - Nothing Breaks Like Kerli’s Heart

Moderators: tdc2000, JSparksFan, FreakyFlyBry

Postby Tansike » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:35 am

JakeP wrote:Hi Tansike :D
It's been a while so let's get those comments coming in. :P
Hey Jake – thanks for coming by! :D

JakeP wrote:1 (NEW) Clean Bandit feat. Demi Lovato – Solo
Gosh, the holy trinity; me, you and Paul. When we're all in agreement with our #1 single its a special moment. 8-)
I agree!! <3 <3 <3

We know what’s good 8-)

JakeP wrote:2 (4) Selena Gomez – Back To You
As i just commented in Paul's chart, this has grown on me more and could finally enter my chart. It was overshadowed by eurovision then didn't really impact much last week so missed out on entering my top 20.
Good news for Selena! I think “Back To You” is a very cute pop song. It’s nothing outstanding but definitely better than expected, as I didn’t expect her to release a song which could become a hit for the soundtrack.

JakeP wrote:3 (1) Elina Nechayeva – La forza
La forza remains one of the most breathtaking songs from the whole of eurovision. Safe to say there really isn't another song quite like this in the charts right now. :lol:
YAS! Love your praise for this! This was and still is stunning. I would have loved to see this winning the competition, but it’s always hard to predict how songs like these will do so I’m just happy it ended up in the Top10.

JakeP wrote:4 (2) Eleni Foureira – Fuego
Fuego has easily been my stand out song this year. It's just such an amazing pop song and Eleni really delivers on stage.
+1 – plus she’s sooo lovely!

JakeP wrote:5 (9) Ariana Grande – No Tears Left To Cry
A great recovery here for Ariana. I can see this holding up for a few more weeks yet. I'm still enjoying No tears left to cry. I'm curious to hear the new track The light is coming.
I agree – this is showing better longevity for me than I thought it would. I was worried that I may be over it after a few weeks as I played it to death when it came out, but so far I’m still enjoying it a lot. Glad to hear it’s the same for you.

JakeP wrote:6 (5) Equinox – Bones
The impact of Bones was kinda lost on me in the final. I like the song the song but overall i just preferred other songs in the final so this missed the cut in my chart. :(
Aww, sad to hear this, as this has been one of my faves since the first time I’ve heard it, and they didn’t disappoint with the performance.

JakeP wrote:7 (3) Saara Aalto – Monsters *G*
Whereas Saara owned it by returning to my top 10 post-contest. A shame that this failed to do well in the final.
Yeah, no idea why it didn’t do better. Ok, it wasn’t the biggest shock since it already fell down a lot in the betting odds, but still, she deserved more.

JakeP wrote:8 (19) Shawn Mendes feat. Khalid – Youth
Youth is quite easily the best song Shawn has released off this album. I've still not checked out the rest of his album though. :oops: Have you had chance to give the album a listen?
I agree – and I’d go so far that I’m even saying this is his best song ever!
Yes, and I’m absolutely enjoying it – which is unexpected, as his last album was so mediocre. From the album tracks “Nervous”, “Particular Taste”, “Queen” and “Mutual” are my favorite ones.

JakeP wrote:9 (21) Childish Gambino – This Is America
I have to admit, i'm already getting over this. :lol: The music video has really helped this song especially going to #1 in America which is incredible.
After this sudden climb a week ago I’m also starting to get over it now, so #9 will definitely be its peak here. But yes, the video is massive and could end up as the best video of the year.

JakeP wrote:11 (NEW) Christina Aguilera feat. Demi Lovato – Fall In Line
Wow! :o I thought you would love this as i know you're a big Demi Lovato fan. What is Christina's chart history in your chart?
Me a big Demi fan? :oops: I really like her usually, but I wouldn’t call me a big fan of hers to be honest… same with Christina. Also, based on the names alone, I was actually a bit disappointed in “Fall In Line” as it didn’t hit me as much as I was hoping for. You can see Christina’s Discography here – she has yet to get a big hit on both of my charts…

JakeP wrote:14 (11) Céline Dion – Ashes
Like Fall in line, Ashes is another song i really thought you would love. Céline did really well to make your top 10 so its still a good result. Have you seen Deadpool 2 yet?
Well, as you say, making my Top10 is still a big thing for Céline as similar to Christina, she wasn’t that big on my charts so far. “Ashes” is even already her second most successful entry ever, only behind “The Show Must Go On”, which features Lindsey Stirling :lol:

JakeP wrote:16 (RE) Kygo & Miguel – Remind Me To Forget
Also enters my chart this week. This has grown on me quite a lot over the last couple of weeks and their performance on Tonight with Jimmy Fallon helped to bring the song back to my attention.
Yay! Same with me. It also became a nice hit in a few countries, even peaking at #2 over here in Switzerland.

JakeP wrote:29 (NEW) Years & Years – If You’re Over Me
Olly in black underwear curled up on a bed. What's not to love? :lol: :oops: Although its just a quick shot at the end of the video, i'm looking forward to seeing what the next music video has to offer. In the meantime, If you're over me is still an enjoyable pop song. There's also a possibility that this will outperform Sanctify in my chart too. I still hear a bit of early Olly Murs in this track though. :lol:
I didn’t see the video yet and also don’t have the interest in doing so, as I don’t find Olly attractive at all :oops: Glad you’re liking this, but so far this second album era has been much weaker than the first one for me. Still excited to hear the full thing.
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:37 am

phoenix98 wrote:Ah, whoops - hopefully I haven't said anything to spoil their level-up moves :lol: Waiting to use any TMs is a smart move in the older gens where they're still single-use-only. Bummer about "Swift" being replaced (though I'm pretty sure you can still teach it via TM), but Pikachu does get "Thunderbolt"/"Donnerblitz" by level-up instead, so that's a pretty nice trade-off (and lets you save the only "Thunderbolt" TM for somebody else).

Ooh...so by the time you're reading this, you'll have moved into your new place? Congrats! Sorry to hear about all the stress (and lack of sleep), though :o **Hug** Hopefully you're getting more than 2-3 hours now that you're officially in your new home/done with your old apartment! Or maybe you just need the right snuggle buddy...?

I'm about to enter Victory Road/Siegesstraße and my current team = Potentate the Empoleon, Router the Rotom, Malware the Porygon2 (still need to evolve it), Auger the Steelix/Stahlos, Broiler the Magmortar/Magbrant, and Snowplow the Mamoswine/Mamutel. I'm pretty happy with this squad, especially since it includes a few Pokémon that I've never used on any traveling team before. I've had a few "deaths," unfortunately, the saddest of which was Drapery the Wormadam/Burmadame (since I'd never used one before, she had a nifty Bug/Steel type combo, and she was on my main team for a long stretch of the game before getting killed by Commander Saturn's Toxicroak) :cry: I’d love to hear more about your Yellow adventure, though I figure you probably haven’t played too much lately, since you just moved this past weekend? Aw, even though you "flopped" at the national Championship, it's pretty awesome that you got to participate at that level at all! Is there any chance of ever getting your cards back from your brother, or has he already sold them/given them away?
Ah no, you didn’t, no worries! :) Oh… Pikachu didn’t get Thunderbolt in Red/Blue? I’m so clueless about the moves from back then to be honest, I only knew that it gets Swift in some Gens so I was expecting it to get it in Yellow as well… But yeah, getting Thunderbolt instead of Switch is a fair-enough trade.

Yes! It’s all over now. Well, basically, as I still need to clean up some chaos in the new apartment. Was very stressful and I’m still completely powerless & my sleep still didn’t get better, and I have lots of things to do this weekend and the next week, so I’m already happy when it’s getting a bit more quiet. At least the moving is done. Internet & TV aren’t working though so I hope this gets fixed as soon as possible. Two days were ok but I’m on the fifth day now and it’s getting exhausting :lol:
Haha… well, thankfully there is a good snuggle buddy… :P

Woah, what an amazing Team you have :o I’ve always loved Empoleon so it’s nice to hear this was your choice for the starter. Never played Rotom, Porygon2, Steelix or Magbrant, as there’s usually no one to trade them so I never picked them – how are they? Especially Magbrant and Porygon always seemed interesting to me. As for Mamoswine, I’ve tried it once and was pleasantly surprised, so I hope it also does its job for you :) Wait – so if one of your team member dies, you switch them out by another one? Poor Wromadam!
You’re right about my Yellow adventure, I didn’t play much lately. I have six batches now, and everyone’s fully evolved, so there’s that.
And no, my brother doesn’t have my collection anymore, at least that’s what he said when I asked him last year or so. But apart from the collection being awesome, I would have to get so many new cards anyway as there were so many new stuff appearing in the past few years, even some rules changed, so I would need to start from zero again…

phoenix98 wrote:Sad, but true :cry: It's times like that when I kind of wish Billboard would adopt a rule like the UK chart did about only allowing a maximum of 3 songs from an act (as the lead artist) on each chart. The Hot 100 Top 10 is already too clogged with songs that don't really interest/appeal to me, and then when albums like theirs drop, they suddenly take up 15-20 spots across the whole chart. :x
Agree! Switzerland already has the same rules for years now. At first I didn’t like it at all (also in cases when one of my favorite ones would smash) but in the end it’s a very good rule.

phoenix98 wrote:Ah, sorry, I definitely didn't say that well: I was only referring to album tracks when I mentioned not being able to remember how they sound. The singles I can still call to mind (especially "Here's To Never Growing Up" and "Hello Kitty," of course). ;)
Ah, okay! And what about “Rock N Roll”?

phoenix98 wrote:Yeah, a tour video to close out the era couldn't hurt, and the idea of waiting until 2020-2021 for his next album sounds pretty perfect. He could always do a guest appearance or two in 2019 to keep his name out there somewhat, without being as ever-present/inescapable as he's been during the ÷ era.
His manager just said it’s expected to get a new album in 2020, so there’s definitely a break in 2019, which is wise considering how he’s everywhere lately.

phoenix98 wrote: :o Woah, looks like the 2018 torrent of noteworthy new releases isn't slowing down anytime soon! Granted, I don't expect to check out all of the ones you mentioned. Might wait to hear your thoughts on a few first. ;)
Which releases are you still looking forward to this year? :)

phoenix98 wrote:Damn, that would've made it so easy to follow along! Shame they stopped making it available that way. :x
Yeah… doesn’t make sense to me as there were quite a few fans in the US and they probably watching it now in a not so legal way…

phoenix98 wrote:Ha, no worries, I was too quick to assume/interpret that you were some kind of Céline super-fan :lol: I'll probably just give whatever album she puts out next (English or French) a try...
That’s a good thing! I’ve started to do the same with some artists, like Janet for example. Never checked an album out from her but I was always interested to finally get to know her, so when she dropped “Unbreakable”, I checked it out. Same with Kylie when she released “Kiss Me Once” back in 2014.

phoenix98 wrote:Ha, it's not just you - I had to look them up to be sure too. :oops: :lol:

:o You're absolutely right! I ended up checking out "Fuego" after seeing it on Jake's chart before noticing your comment here, and I liked it right away! "We Got Love" made a pretty good first impression too, but those two are definitely my favorites of the entries that I've heard from this year.
:lol: :lol:

YAS! Actually I already saw your comment on Jake’s charts and was really happy that you checked it out and also liked it so much! As for “We Got Love”, it’s not a bad song but ‘only’ solid to me. Glad you’re liking another ESC entry as well though!

phoenix98 wrote:Voicenotes really does sound like a pretty consistent/cohesive album overall! I totally forgot to mention it when I was talking about waiting for Love Is Dead the other week, but I've been checking out Voicenotes since it dropped. There are a couple of duds/skippable moments for me ("LA Girls" and "Through It All"), but I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed most of the tracks that I hadn't heard before (since none of the official singles had really wowed me). "Slow It Down," "Somebody Told Me," and "BOY" have been the biggest standouts so far (with "Empty Cups" not too far behind).
Oh, nice to hear you also checked it out! It’s a shame how it seems to flop though, as it’s definitely the better of his two albums so far. I’m a bit surprised with you mentioning “LA Girls” as one of the more skippable moments, as it’s one of the songs I’m also enjoying quite a lot, but I’m glad you’re enjoying the album as a whole as well.

phoenix98 wrote:• SO happy that "Solo" has united the trio of you, Jake, and me :cry: I wasn't sure how others would react/respond to it, since I thought all the random sound effects might just seem annoying to some listeners, but somehow it all works pretty brilliantly!
• Glad to see Selena living up to her legacy here by entering your Top 2 8-) I can hear the "It Ain't Me" comparisons that people have mentioned, but I actually prefer "Back To You" overall. It’s a fairly sad song, but it also has this somewhat soothing effect on me.
• I definitely wasn't expecting such a strong rebound (all the way to a new peak) for "This Is America" :o Any particular reason? Not that I mind! I'm still not playing the song itself much, but considering we just had another lethal school shooting less than 2 week ago, its message is still as relevant as ever. :x :cry:
• Hmmm...although they're not very far apart here, it looks like we've had different experiences with "Can't Dance" and "Let You Be Right," since I definitely prefer the latter. They're both pretty underwhelming, though (neither are as catchy as "No Excuses," and that wasn't exactly one of her all-time-best offerings anyway). Now I'm REALLY wondering what's going to happen with her next album, after an under-performing lead single and dual-release follow-ups that are totally flopping. :-?

Yet another chart that stands on its own, Tansike! :D
<3<3<3
It’s an amazing song… Clean Bandit are doing REALLY well lately! Since “Rockabye”, they basically only released strong tunes and I’m so here for that. Really hoping this one also turns into a hit. It was basically love on first listen for me :oops:

Hmm… it’s still difficult for me to rank “Back To You” compared to the rest of her discography, including “It Ain’t Me”. I think “Back To You” will have a longer effect on me than “It Ain’t Me” though, while that one made a much better first impression on me. It’s really impressive how Selena has turned into such a force when it comes to hits.

Yes – I wanted my partner to see the video, so we watched it together and he ended up watching lots of reactions videos etc. sooo I heard the song all the time and it was stuck in my head, which is why it climbed a lot last week. Though #9 will definitely be its peak now. The video may end up as the best of the year, so strong!

Oh, you have to wait for my latest chart to be posted :wink: I think both “Let You Be Right” and “Can’t Dance” are far from her best days, but they’re still very good and it really depends on my mood which one is the better one for me. Good question… no idea if they just drop the album and let it flop, or if it gets cancelled…

Thanks so much :D
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:38 am

heppolo wrote:15 (8) Benjamin Ingrosso – Dance You Off
Chart Run: *8*-15- / 2w

I've enjoyed the full version and the new music video of ''Dance You Off'', both were released last week.
Thanks - i saw that they got released but didn't check them out yet, have to do it asap as i'm quite enjoying the original one. Still a surprise to me how he flopped in the televoting...
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:02 am

thanks so much for all comments

My Charts - week 22/2018 – 31 may 2018 - Jessie J Vs. Shawn Mendes
    Singles Top40
    Image Image Image
Spoiler:
It’s an amazing week for Jessie J and Shawn Mendes, as their new album releases pushed their singles a lot, and both artists have three songs each on the Top40 this week, though none of them were able to top this weeks Singles Top40. Clean Bandit and Demi Lovato’s “Solo” is doing it for a second week, already making it the longest running top hit for the latter.

Shawn Mendes has a fantastic year so far. He not only scored his very first Top10 hit earlier this year with “In My Blood”, he even got a second one just last week with “Youth”, which climbs even further this week as it jumps 8-2. The former is making a stellar return to #12, while “Lost In Japan” even becomes his third Top10 arrival in a row as it re-enters the charts at #9 following the release of his new self-titled album. It’s also a great week for Jessie J, as she arrives at #7 with “Queen” while “Think About That” (#14) and “Real Deal” (#19) are both able to come back into the Top20 following the releases of her four EP’s “R.O.S.E.”.

Other new and re-entries this week: Blanche, who represented Belgium on the Eurovision Song Contest 2017 with “City Lights”, which ended up fourth in the Grand Final and became the biggest hit from last years contest on my charts, finally released a follow-up called “Wrong Turn” which just misses the Top10 at #11. And speaking of the contest, with some more songs falling out of the Top40, “Happier” by Ed Sheeran (#32) and “Across The Sea” by Leaves’ Eyes (#38) are able to come back to the charts this week.

Other talking points this week: Ariana Grande returns to the Top3 as “No Tears Left To Cry” climbs 5-3. A new single is expected to come out pretty soon. Meghan Trainor failed to get yet another Top10 entry with her two latest releases, but at least they seem to be very stable, nearly switching places this week as “Let You Be Right” rises 21-18 and overtakes “Can’t Dance” which dips 17-20. The ESC entries keep on falling down the charts, for example this years winner “Toy” by Netta (10-21) or Saara Aalto’s “Monsters” (7-22), but only two weeks after the contest’s final was held, the songs of this years ESC are already more successful than the songs from last years contest. In fact, only the cumulative total points of 2012, 2013 and 2016 are higher than the ones from 2018, and things still may change with “Fuego” (4-5), “La forza” (3-6), “Bones” (6-8) and “Lie To Me” (12-10) still being in the Top10.

Shawn Mendes’ and Khalid’s “Youth” is the biggest climber while Christina Aguilera’s and Demi Lovato’s “Fall In Line” drops 11-28 as the biggest loser this week.

1 (1) Clean Bandit feat. Demi Lovato – Solo
Chart Run: *1*-1- / 2w

2 (8) Shawn Mendes feat. Khalid – Youth
Chart Run: 11-19-8-*2*- / 4w

3 (5) Ariana Grande – No Tears Left To Cry
Chart Run: *1*-1-4-9-5-3- / 6w

4 (2) Selena Gomez – Back To You
Chart Run: 4-*2*-4- / 3w

5 (4) Eleni Foureira – Fuego
Chart Run: 3-*2*-4-5- / 4w

6 (3) Elina Nechayeva – La forza
Chart Run: 3-*1*-1-3-6- / 5w

7 (NEW) Jessie J – Queen
Chart Run: *7*- / 1w

8 (6) Equinox – Bones
Chart Run: 6-6-*5*-6-8- / 5w

9 (RE) Shawn Mendes – Lost In Japan
Chart Run: 28-Out-RE *9*- / 2w

10 (12) Mikolas Josef – Lie To Me
Chart Run: 11-8-*7*-12-10- / 5w

11 (NEW) Blanche – Wrong Turn
Chart Run: *11*- / 1w

12 (RE) Shawn Mendes – In My Blood
Chart Run: *7*-10-15-32-Out-RE 12- / 5w

13 (9) Childish Gambino – This Is America
Chart Run: 12-21-*9*-13- / 4w

14 (RE) Jessie J – Think About That
Chart Run: 15-*9*-18-38-Out-RE 14- / 5w

15 (13) Passenger – Hell Or High Water
Chart Run: *13*-15- / 2w

16 (16) Kygo & Miguel – Remind Me To Forget
Chart Run: 35-Out-RE *16*-16- / 3w

17 (14) Céline Dion – Ashes
Chart Run: *7*-11-14-17- / 4w

18 (21) Meghan Trainor – Let You Be Right
Chart Run: 21-*18*- / 2w

19 (RE) Jessie J – Real Deal
Chart Run: 40-Out-RE *19*- / 2w

20 (17) Meghan Trainor – Can’t Dance
Chart Run: *17*-20- / 2w

21 (10) Netta – Toy
Chart Run: 16-20-39-Out-RE *5*-6-10-21- / 7w

22 (7) Saara Aalto – Monsters *G*
Chart Run: 9-2-2-*1*-5-14-27-40-37-Out-RE 5-2-3-7-22- / 14w

23 (15) Benjamin Ingrosso – Dance You Off
Chart Run: *8*-15-23- / 3w

24 (26) Rita Ora feat. Cardi B, Bebe Rexha & Charli XCX – Girls
Chart Run: *12*-26-24- / 3w

25 (20) Fifth Harmony – Don’t Say You Love Me
Chart Run: *20*-25- / 2w

26 (19) Charlie Puth – Attention
Chart Run: 29-Out-RE 27-25-29-28-33-38-Out-RE 22-*19*-26- / 10w

27 (27) Charlie Puth feat. Khelani – Done For Me
Chart Run: 27-24-17-*13*-15-17-22-Out-RE 31-27-27- / 10w

28 (11) Christina Aguilera feat. Demi Lovato – Fall In Line
Chart Run: *11*-28- / 2w

29 (18) Madame Monsieur – Mercy
Chart Run: *10*-18-29- / 3w

30 (23) Waylon – Outlaw In ‘Em
Chart Run: *13*-23-30- / 3w

31 (24) Rasmussen – Higher Ground
Chart Run: *16*-24-31- / 3w

32 (RE) Ed Sheeran – Happier
Chart Run: *8*-16-Out-RE 32- / 3w

33 (25) Marshmello & Anne-Marie – Friends *P*
Chart Run: 5-*1*-1-2-3-5-5-6-3-7-6-2-9-18-25-33- / 16w

34 (22) Cesar Sampson – Nobody But You
Chart Run: 17-*15*-22-34- / 4w

35 (31) Lea Sirk – Hvala, ne!
Chart Run: *25*-31-35- / 3w

36 (28) SuRie – Storm
Chart Run: *24*-28-36- / 3w

37 (30) Ryan O'Shaughnessy – Together
Chart Run: *14*-30-37- / 3w

38 (RE) Leaves’ Eyes – Across The Sea *G*
Chart Run: *1*-1-1-2-4-6-11-14-16-22-Out-RE 33-28-25-37-33-28-Out-RE 38- / 17w

39 (37) David Guetta & Sia – Flames
Chart Run: 16-12-*6*-13-18-20-23-39-37-39- / 10w

40 (35) Anne-Marie – 2002
Chart Run: 12-*7*-14-23-35-40- / 6w

Out of Top40
Out (29) Years & Years – If You’re Over Me (1w)
Out (32) Jessica Mauboy – We Got Love (3w)
Out (33) Jennifer Lopez feat. DJ Khaled & Cardi B – Dinero (1w)
Out (34) Mélovin – Under The Ladder (2w)
Out (36) Michael Schulte – You Let Me Walk Alone (2w)
Out (38) Pharrell Williams & Camila Cabello – Sangria Wine (1w)
Out (39) Ieva Zasimauskaitė – When We’re Old (3w)
Out (40) Christina Aguilera feat. Ty Dolla $ign & 2 Chainz – Accelerate (3w)

New certifications
none

Click here for the Certification Database
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:03 am

My Charts - week 22/2018 – 31 may 2018 - Jessie J Vs. Shawn Mendes
    Album Top20
    Image Image Image
Spoiler:
It’s currently a very competitive time. Three new arrivals are on the charts and while the lowest debuting of these nearly missed the upper half of the Album Top20, it still was a strong one, which shows how big the competition in the Top10 currently is. In the end it was Jessie J who grabbed the top spot with her new release(s). The singer has finally released her fourth album “R.O.S.E.” in form of four EPs: “R (Realisations)”, “O (Obsessions)”, “S (Sex)” and “E (Empowerment)”. The set is counted as one and arrives atop the charts, making it her third number one album following her debut “Who You Are” (one week in 2011) and her third album “Sweet Talker”, which makes a re-entry at #17 this week and has topped the charts for two weeks in late 2014. The latter is also her most successful release to date as it’s certified with 2x Platinum, followed by her debut which went Platinum. Her second release “Alive” didn’t do that well, as it only peaked at #7 and is not even halfway to Gold, despite having spawned the Gold certified single “Thunder”.

As expected, Shawn Mendes also owns a strong debut with his third, self-titled studio album. While Jessie J’s success isn’t that surprising following her previous successes, Shawn never really got a big hit so far (in fact, his current two entries “Youth” and “In My Blood” are by far his biggest successes to date) and he also has yet to get a hit on the album charts, as his debut “Handwritten” missed them completely while follow-up “Illuminate” only peaked at #9. “Shawn Mendes” may change things now, as the set arrives at the runner-up position.

Last but not least, the third album by Scottish synth-pop band CHVRCHES called “Love Is Dead” is the third and final debut of the week at #9, and their very first notation on the album charts.

Other talking points this week: My Indigo’s self-titled album remains in the Top5 for its sixth straight week (4-5) and goes Gold. Cardi B’s debut album “Invasion Of Privacy” also goes Gold, but already falls down 14-18.

1 (NEW) Jessie J – R.O.S.E.
Chart Run: *1*- / 1w

2 (NEW) Shawn Mendes – Shawn Mendes
Chart Run: *2*- / 1w

3 (1) Loreena McKennitt – Lost Souls
Chart Run: 3-*1*-3- / 3w

4 (2) Charlie Puth – Voicenotes
Chart Run: *2*-2-4- / 3w

5 (4) My Indigo – My Indigo *G*
Chart Run: *1*-1-2-4-4-5- / 6w

6 (3) Eurovision Song Contest 2018 *G*
Chart Run: 5-7-5-3-*1*-1-3-6- / 8w

7 (7) Ashley Monroe – Sparrow
Chart Run: 8-11-12-15-*7*-7- / 6w

8 (6) Anne-Marie – Speak Your Mind
Chart Run: *2*-4-6-6-8- / 5w

9 (NEW) CHVRCHES – Love Is Dead
Chart Run: *9*- / 1w

10 (11) Sofi Tukker – Treehouse
Chart Run: *4*-4-7-6-7-11-10- / 7w

11 (5) James Bay – Electric Light
Chart Run: *5*-11- / 2w

12 (9) Faun – XV - Best Of *G*
Chart Run: *4*-7-10-14-9-10-5-6-9-12-13-11-10-9-12- / 15w

13 (8) Saara Aalto – Wild Wild Wonderland
Chart Run: 4-*3*-5-8-13- / 5w

14 (10) Kacey Musgraves – Golden Hour
Chart Run: *3*-7-8-11-15-14-18-10-14- / 9w

15 (18) Leaves’ Eyes – Sign Of The Dragonhead *G*
Chart Run: *1*-1-1-1-3-6-9-12-13-15-18-14-13-20-Out-RE 18-13-18-15- / 18w

16 (16) Auri – Auri *G*
Chart Run: *1*-2-1-3-7-10-10-14-16-16- / 10w

17 (RE) Jessie J – Sweet Talker *2xP*
Chart Run: 3-*1*-2-4-3-5-8-2-1-3-6-9-8-9-11-12-14-11-12-16-19-Out-RE 19-13-10-14-15-16-19-13-11-9-13-15-Out-RE 11-14-15-19-18-17-19-Out-RE 17- / 41w

18 (14) Cardi B – Invasion Of Privacy *G*
Chart Run: 3-*2*-3-8-8-11-14-18- / 8w

19 (13) Pentatonix – PTX Presents: Top Pop, Vol. I
Chart Run: *5*-6-9-7-8-13-19- / 7w

20 (15) Janelle Monae – Dirty Computer
Chart Run: *5*-5-9-15-20- / 5w

Out of Top20
Out (12) Soundtrack – 13 Reasons Why, Season 2 (1w)
Out (17) Brandi Carlile – By The Way, I Forgive You *G* (14w)
Out (19) The Weeknd – My Dear Melancholy, (8w)
Out (20) Imagine Dragons – Evolve *P* (22w)

New certifications
My Indigo’s “My Indigo” and Cardi B’s “Invasion Of Privacy” both go GOLD (100+ points)

Tansike
Legend

Postby heppolo » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:44 am

11 (NEW) Blanche – Wrong Turn

High debut for Blanche.
However, for me ''Wrong Turn'' does not sound as polished and well-crafted as ''City Lights''
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby Colbie » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:56 am

Love your number #1!
Also the eurovision entry's!
Colbie
Superstar

Postby JSparksFan » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:48 am

Fantastic Top 3. Seeing "Solo" so high on Jake's chart prompted me to revisit it, and I've been loving it ever since. I love bops that have some emotional value to accompany their basic catchiness.

Yay at the big re-entry for "Lost in Japan". I listened to Shawn's album last week, and though it was underwhelming, "Youth" and "Lost in Japan" stood out as the two big keepers for me (which was kinda bleh since I already heard them before the album dropped). "In My Blood" is growing on me, though.

1 (1) Clean Bandit feat. Demi Lovato – Solo
10 (12) Mikolas Josef – Lie To Me
15 (13) Passenger – Hell Or High Water
21 (10) Netta – Toy
23 (15) Benjamin Ingrosso – Dance You Off
24 (26) Rita Ora feat. Cardi B, Bebe Rexha & Charli XCX – Girls
30 (23) Waylon – Outlaw In ‘Em
34 (22) Cesar Sampson – Nobody But You
36 (28) SuRie – Storm
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby phoenix98 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:45 pm

Tansike wrote:Ah no, you didn’t, no worries! :) Oh… Pikachu didn’t get Thunderbolt in Red/Blue? I’m so clueless about the moves from back then to be honest, I only knew that it gets Swift in some Gens so I was expecting it to get it in Yellow as well… But yeah, getting Thunderbolt instead of Switch is a fair-enough trade.

Yes! It’s all over now. Well, basically, as I still need to clean up some chaos in the new apartment. Was very stressful and I’m still completely powerless & my sleep still didn’t get better, and I have lots of things to do this weekend and the next week, so I’m already happy when it’s getting a bit more quiet. At least the moving is done. Internet & TV aren’t working though so I hope this gets fixed as soon as possible. Two days were ok but I’m on the fifth day now and it’s getting exhausting :lol: Haha… well, thankfully there is a good snuggle buddy… :P

Woah, what an amazing Team you have :o I’ve always loved Empoleon so it’s nice to hear this was your choice for the starter. Never played Rotom, Porygon2, Steelix or Magbrant, as there’s usually no one to trade them so I never picked them – how are they? Especially Magbrant and Porygon always seemed interesting to me. As for Mamoswine, I’ve tried it once and was pleasantly surprised, so I hope it also does its job for you :) Wait – so if one of your team member dies, you switch them out by another one? Poor Wromadam!

You’re right about my Yellow adventure, I didn’t play much lately. I have six batches now, and everyone’s fully evolved, so there’s that.
And no, my brother doesn’t have my collection anymore, at least that’s what he said when I asked him last year or so. But apart from the collection being awesome, I would have to get so many new cards anyway as there were so many new stuff appearing in the past few years, even some rules changed, so I would need to start from zero again…
Phew! Ha, yeah, I often forget just how limited most Pokémon's level-up movesets were in the original games. That particular example just stood out to me for being especially weird, since "Thunderbolt" was always treated like Pikachu's signature/most-used move in the anime, but you had to use a TM to teach it (until Yellow).

Success! Glad to hear you're officially in the new place now, but I can understand how it's not really livable until you have Internet, TV, etc. :x Hopefully it's all working by the time you're reading this! Did you get everything done that you'd hope over the weekend? How does this new place compare to your last one?

Thanks 8-) I didn't realize you were a fan of Empoleon, since I just remember you mentioning loving the Turtwig/Chelast family! Magmortar/Magbrant is a little slow-ish, but it has a pretty great Special Attack stat that it can put to good use with coverage moves like "Thunderbolt" and "Psychic." Porygon-Z is an interesting case, since it has lower defenses than Porygon2, but gains speed and power (so it can hit hard, but I need to be more careful about when I switch it into battle, since it can't take hits as well). It also has a lot of great coverage options (especially thanks to the TMs you can get over and over at the Game Corner/Schleiede Spielhalle). Since I'm doing this Platinum playthrough as a Nuzlocke, fainting = death :cry: Speaking of deaths, poor Snowplow the Mamoswine/Mamutel died in a battle against Barry right before the Elite Four, so I brought Volitant the Staraptor back onto my main team. I'd been using her earlier in the playthrough, but put her in the PC when I caught more interesting options.

It's a pretty funny coincidence that while you're doing a playthrough in the original Yellow, "remakes" are announced in the form of Let's Go, Pikachu! and Eevee! :lol: BOOO @ your brother losing/giving away your entire competitive card collection :x Even if most of those old cards wouldn't be playable today, the nostalgia factor alone is pretty priceless. Bummer! I think he owes you something for being so careless with your childhood treasures...

Tansike wrote:Agree! Switzerland already has the same rules for years now. At first I didn’t like it at all (also in cases when one of my favorite ones would smash) but in the end it’s a very good rule.
Interesting! I had no idea the Swiss charts worked like that too, so thanks for filling me in! So it's the exact same policy as the UK, where an artist can only have 3 songs (as the lead act) on each week's chart?

Tansike wrote:Ah, okay! And what about “Rock N Roll”?
Ha, well, that one I remember more for its video :lol: Wasn't there a random sharkbear or something, and her making out with some woman? Now that I think about it, it feels like some of Katy's Witness videos in the sense of trying REALLY hard to go viral. The song itself was alright, though.

Tansike wrote:His manager just said it’s expected to get a new album in 2020, so there’s definitely a break in 2019, which is wise considering how he’s everywhere lately.
Sweet, that sounds like a sensible plan to me! He can always do some writing for other artists in the meantime too.

Tansike wrote:Which releases are you still looking forward to this year? :)
HmMmMm...Ari leaps to mind, of course, and there were rumors about Grimes releasing something, but I'm not sure if that's changed. There's Years & Years's Palo Santo next month, and whenever Troye's Bloom drops...plus others I'm surely forgetting :lol: Which ones have you the most excited? Maybe you can remind me of some I've missed...

Tansike wrote:Yeah… doesn’t make sense to me as there were quite a few fans in the US and they probably watching it now in a not so legal way…
Exactly! It's just like those pointless and frustrating region-locked music videos on YouTube. :x

Tansike wrote:Oh, nice to hear you also checked it out! It’s a shame how it seems to flop though, as it’s definitely the better of his two albums so far. I’m a bit surprised with you mentioning “LA Girls” as one of the more skippable moments, as it’s one of the songs I’m also enjoying quite a lot, but I’m glad you’re enjoying the album as a whole as well.
Yeah :-? He took a risk by pushing back the album after "Attention" blew up (probably because he/his team thought they could score another smash hit or two before releasing it?), and that ultimately backfired, it seems. Granted, Voicenotes still entered in the US and UK Top 5, but it almost certainly would've done better back in slow January, when "Attention" was fresher in people's minds. There's a lot of single-worthy stuff left on the album, so hopefully whatever he picks next can out-perform "Done For Me."

Tansike wrote:Yes – I wanted my partner to see the video, so we watched it together and he ended up watching lots of reactions videos etc. sooo I heard the song all the time and it was stuck in my head, which is why it climbed a lot last week. Though #9 will definitely be its peak now. The video may end up as the best of the year, so strong!
Ah, so "This Is America" benefitted from the "getting-your-partner-into-it-too" effect? Right on! The video definitely has messages worth spreading.

Tansike wrote:1 (1) Clean Bandit feat. Demi Lovato – Solo
4 (2) Selena Gomez – Back To You
6 (3) Elina Nechayeva – La forza
18 (21) Meghan Trainor – Let You Be Right
20 (17) Meghan Trainor – Can’t Dance
21 (10) Netta – Toy
38 (RE) Leaves’ Eyes – Across The Sea *G*
40 (35) Anne-Marie – 2002
• Awesome that "Solo" managed to hold onto the top spot 8-) The excitement of CHVRCHES's new album over-shadowed it for me last week, but it might rebound on my next chart...
• Looks like "Youth" has emerged as your clear favorite from Shawn Mendes? The three singles have all been alright for me, but not quite enough to make me super excited for his album. If June ends up having some slow weeks, I might check it out. It's off to a pretty strong start on your album chart, so would you say there's a lot to discover beyond those three tracks?
• This entire Top 5 is pretty solid! I either like or love the whole bunch.
• Glad to see "Let You Be Right" jump ahead of "Can't Dance." ;)
• Aw, "only" No. 9 for Love Is Dead hurts my heart a bit - but at least CHVRCHES got their first-ever entry, and first-ever Top 10 album!

Yet another chart that's in a class of its own, Tansike! :D
phoenix98
Legend

Postby Tansike » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:20 am

heppolo wrote:11 (NEW) Blanche – Wrong Turn

High debut for Blanche.
However, for me ''Wrong Turn'' does not sound as polished and well-crafted as ''City Lights''
Completely agree with you. I like it, but it's not as good as "City Lights". But i like that she didn't release something generic.

Colbie wrote:Love your number #1!
Also the eurovision entry's!
Glad to hear this! "Solo" is an awesome tune 8-)
YASSS... always nice to hear someone else enjoying the contest :D
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:23 am

JSparksFan wrote:Fantastic Top 3. Seeing "Solo" so high on Jake's chart prompted me to revisit it, and I've been loving it ever since. I love bops that have some emotional value to accompany their basic catchiness.

Yay at the big re-entry for "Lost in Japan". I listened to Shawn's album last week, and though it was underwhelming, "Youth" and "Lost in Japan" stood out as the two big keepers for me (which was kinda bleh since I already heard them before the album dropped). "In My Blood" is growing on me, though.

Very happy to hear you're enjoying the Top3 that much! Also nice to hear you got back into "Solo"... i already saw that it was your last weeks #1 on the UKMixParade and i loved that! I think Clean Bandit definitely delivered with that one and i hope this also becomes a hit for them and Demi.

I didn't mind "Lost In Japan" before the album came out, so that one was a big grower for me during the album release week. Glad to hear "Youth" is a keeper for you as it's definitely the highlight of "Shawn Mendes", though i have to say i'm absolutely positively surprised by the whole album. Did you already check out his previous releases? I think this new one is his best by far :oops:
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:35 am

phoenix98 wrote:Phew! Ha, yeah, I often forget just how limited most Pokémon's level-up movesets were in the original games. That particular example just stood out to me for being especially weird, since "Thunderbolt" was always treated like Pikachu's signature/most-used move in the anime, but you had to use a TM to teach it (until Yellow).

Success! Glad to hear you're officially in the new place now, but I can understand how it's not really livable until you have Internet, TV, etc. :x Hopefully it's all working by the time you're reading this! Did you get everything done that you'd hope over the weekend? How does this new place compare to your last one?

Thanks 8-) I didn't realize you were a fan of Empoleon, since I just remember you mentioning loving the Turtwig/Chelast family! Magmortar/Magbrant is a little slow-ish, but it has a pretty great Special Attack stat that it can put to good use with coverage moves like "Thunderbolt" and "Psychic." Porygon-Z is an interesting case, since it has lower defenses than Porygon2, but gains speed and power (so it can hit hard, but I need to be more careful about when I switch it into battle, since it can't take hits as well). It also has a lot of great coverage options (especially thanks to the TMs you can get over and over at the Game Corner/Schleiede Spielhalle). Since I'm doing this Platinum playthrough as a Nuzlocke, fainting = death :cry: Speaking of deaths, poor Snowplow the Mamoswine/Mamutel died in a battle against Barry right before the Elite Four, so I brought Volitant the Staraptor back onto my main team. I'd been using her earlier in the playthrough, but put her in the PC when I caught more interesting options.

It's a pretty funny coincidence that while you're doing a playthrough in the original Yellow, "remakes" are announced in the form of Let's Go, Pikachu! and Eevee! :lol: BOOO @ your brother losing/giving away your entire competitive card collection :x Even if most of those old cards wouldn't be playable today, the nostalgia factor alone is pretty priceless. Bummer! I think he owes you something for being so careless with your childhood treasures...
Oh yeah, this makes it even more weird then! I mean, isn’t Thunderbolt even like Pikachu’s signature move?

No, it’s still not working, but it will (or should) get fixed later today. So, a week and a half without internet & TV :cry: No, there’s still a lot to do and it will take some time until I feel like home there, so let’s see how this will turn out with time. My new place is smaller than the last one, but it's at a much better place as it has much more sun and the previous one was in the ground floor, which turned out to be a no-go for me. It also costs a bit less (still enough though…). Last but not least, I only have around 15 minutes from my new place to work, and around 10-15 minutes to my partner’s place, while previously I had 30 minutes from my place to work in the morning, and in the evening sometimes even an hour or more due to traffic.

I’m not sure if I ever mentioned that but penguins used to be my favorite animal during my childhood, so while I loved Turtwig’s family, I also loved Empoleon. Once we did a ranking with the starters and I did rank this Generation quite high I think, as it’s ALWAYS very difficult to pick between these two for me. I think it’s even the Gen where it’s the most difficult choice to pick the starter for me.
Sounds interesting for Magmortar/Porygon-Z. As I said, I was always interested into these two but never came around playing with them, so it’s nice to hear they got into your Team. Aaaah… I didn’t realize fainting = death when you’re doing a playthrough as a Nuzlocke :oops: :o Oh no, poor Snowplow!! I hope Volitant does well in your team though.

True! What do you think of Let’s Go? I think it sounds really interesting and I’m actually really looking forward to it, even though I was hoping to get a ‘normal’ Pokémon game this year as well. Ah well… It’s not the only childhood treasure I lost. When I moved out for the first time nearly eight years ago to live with my ex partner, I have no idea what I was thinking cause there were quite a few stuff I left ‘at home’ and which is gone now. Something else would be tons of comics I drew when I was a child – I was a very good drawer back then! I still have some of them in my mind, especially some stories, and sometimes I really regret that I didn’t keep them. I even made a whole series called ‘The DigiPoké Team’ which was a mash-up of Pokémon, Digimon and Case Closed. Pokémon and Digimon were like humans in that series and there was a group (The DigiPoké Team) which had to solve murder cases and stuff like this. As a child it was way easier to draw Pokémon and Digimon instead of humans which is why I mixed up these three things :lol: I drew at least 40 different ‘episodes’…

phoenix98 wrote:Interesting! I had no idea the Swiss charts worked like that too, so thanks for filling me in! So it's the exact same policy as the UK, where an artist can only have 3 songs (as the lead act) on each week's chart?
Yes, it’s the same – that’s also why “Perfect” by Ed Sheeran debuted at #7, but left the Top100 completely the week afterwards as “Galway Girl” had more sales and debuted at #10. There are probably other examples but this is the best one which was affected by these rules I think. Also, there’s an exception in Switzerland, which is when an artist dies (like Avicii recently or back then Michael Jackson) this artist is allowed to have more than three entries for a period of time.

phoenix98 wrote:Ha, well, that one I remember more for its video :lol: Wasn't there a random sharkbear or something, and her making out with some woman? Now that I think about it, it feels like some of Katy's Witness videos in the sense of trying REALLY hard to go viral. The song itself was alright, though.
Yeah I think so, don’t really remember it that exactly to be honest :oops: But yeah, it definitely was meant to go viral (same as “Hello Kitty”) but it didn’t really work out for her.

phoenix98 wrote:Sweet, that sounds like a sensible plan to me! He can always do some writing for other artists in the meantime too.
Exactly! I’m so here for new Ed in 2020 after a year (and a half?) break. It would also makes sense as he would have released an album all three years (2011, 2014, 2017 and 2020).

phoenix98 wrote:HmMmMm...Ari leaps to mind, of course, and there were rumors about Grimes releasing something, but I'm not sure if that's changed. There's Years & Years's Palo Santo next month, and whenever Troye's Bloom drops...plus others I'm surely forgetting :lol: Which ones have you the most excited? Maybe you can remind me of some I've missed...
Ah, Grimes is something I’m really looking forward to as well! Her last album was brilliant!
I’m probably not too up-to-date with some of the most recent announcements, but the ones I’m currently looking forward to are Bebe Rexha’s “Expectations”, which drops later this month, Ariana’s “Sweetener” obviously, Carrie Underwood’s “Cry Pretty” in September, a new live album by Tarja and an upcoming, yet untitled (and with an unknown release date) album by my second most favorite band ever, Within Temptation. Also, my absolute fave (Kerli) is likely to finally release something this year, but I’m waiting for five years now so I’m not expecting too much anymore at this point :oops:

phoenix98 wrote:Yeah :-? He took a risk by pushing back the album after "Attention" blew up (probably because he/his team thought they could score another smash hit or two before releasing it?), and that ultimately backfired, it seems. Granted, Voicenotes still entered in the US and UK Top 5, but it almost certainly would've done better back in slow January, when "Attention" was fresher in people's minds. There's a lot of single-worthy stuff left on the album, so hopefully whatever he picks next can out-perform "Done For Me."
Well, I think “Attention” wasn’t even the problem. I mean, “Attention” came out and was a hit months before they even announced the album, so I really think “Voicenotes” wasn’t ready at that time and they tried to see if Charlie still gets a hit or not with something following his debut album, and I think they were a bit surprised how big “Attention” was. Then “How Long” came and I think during that time they also announced the album, though “How Long” didn’t take off the way they thought it could, so they delayed the album and “Done For Me” did even worse… speaking of which, that one still is my highlight of “Voicenotes”. A shame how it wasn’t a hit…

phoenix98 wrote:Ah, so "This Is America" benefitted from the "getting-your-partner-into-it-too" effect? Right on! The video definitely has messages worth spreading.
Yeah exactly! :lol: It really does!

phoenix98 wrote:• Awesome that "Solo" managed to hold onto the top spot 8-) The excitement of CHVRCHES's new album over-shadowed it for me last week, but it might rebound on my next chart...
• Looks like "Youth" has emerged as your clear favorite from Shawn Mendes? The three singles have all been alright for me, but not quite enough to make me super excited for his album. If June ends up having some slow weeks, I might check it out. It's off to a pretty strong start on your album chart, so would you say there's a lot to discover beyond those three tracks?
• This entire Top 5 is pretty solid! I either like or love the whole bunch.
• Glad to see "Let You Be Right" jump ahead of "Can't Dance." ;)
• Aw, "only" No. 9 for Love Is Dead hurts my heart a bit - but at least CHVRCHES got their first-ever entry, and first-ever Top 10 album!

Yet another chart that's in a class of its own, Tansike! :D
Glad you’re liking its ongoing success here. Kinda sad it already fell a bit on your charts, as Akini had it as his #1 last week and it would have been so awesome to have us four (Jake, Akini, you & me) having the same #1 :oops:
But you were really looking forward to the new album by CHVRCHES so it’s no big surprise that they overshadowed “Solo”.

Yep, definitely! I’d even go that far and say it’s my most favorite song ever by Shawn. I think there really is and I was (and still am) so positively surprised, as I never saw him as an artist I would look forward to to hear new music. But “Shawn Mendes” has some awesome tunes – “Nervous”, “Like To Be You”, “Fallin’ All For You”, “Particular Taste”, “Queen” and “Mutual” are all single-worthy IMO.

That’s amazing! Will be interesting to see if this will stay the same this week :)

It’s somehow funny, as just in the moment when you said you’re enjoying “Let You Be Right” more than “Can’t Dance”, it also started to become my fave of the two. I still enjoy “Can’t Dance” as well though. They both weren’t instant hits for me like “No Excuses”, but they most likely will show a much longer effect…

Glad you can see it from a positive side as well! #9 ain’t the best debut but it’s also not the worst considering they never did it so far. I also can already reveal that it won’t fall a lot this week at least, like some other #9 debuts. It’s a very good album, but last week was competitive.

Thank you :D
Tansike
Legend

Postby cdschart » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:13 pm

glad to see Solo at #1. not my favorite from them but still a great pop song

happy NTLTC is steady too. surprised This Is America made your top 10 :o I love it but not as much as Redbone, which definitely deserved better :cry:
cdschart
Manager

Postby Tansike » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:46 am

^ very glad to hear you're enjoying "Solo" as well! I agree though that this isn't their best.

"This Is America" definitely benefitted a lot from its awesome video. The song is also really good, despite me being usually not the biggest fan of that genre.
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:42 am

My Charts - week 23/2018 – 7 june 2018 - Love To Hate
    Singles Top40
    Image Image Image
Spoiler:
It’s a busier week than the last time, when the two album releases by Jessie J and Shawn Mendes brought the most attention onto the Singles Top40. This time there were also two new album releases, but only one of them is able to bring an entry onto the singles charts, and there are even eight other debuts, bringing the total of new arrivals in the Top40 to nine.

The highest of them immediately makes it to the top. Finnish singer Tarja (Turunen) is no stranger to my charts, as the siren collected 15 chart entries in the years 2007 to 2017, with 14 of them even being top hits, and now she’s getting the fifteenth number one hit with “Love To Hate”. The track was originally released on her last rock album “The Shadow Self” in 2016, but only got its release now as part of her upcoming live album “Act II”, which will be released at the end of next month.

The second highest arrival is a rather surprising one. Since her breakthrough alongside the Swedish pop duo Icona Pop on the track “I Love It” in 2013, Charli XCX already got some hits here and there, but apart from “Break The Rules” (#2) none of them really took off, with the mentioned one also being just a short hit as it already left the Top40 after seven weeks. Now it may be finally the time she’s getting a real hit on her own, as the new single “5 In The Morning” makes a great entry at #5 – her second highest peak ever as a lead artist and third highest peak ever overall!

A third entry makes the Top10 and that’s “I Like It” by Cardi B, Bad Bunny and J Balvin. The rapper finally released a video for the track which has been successful on streaming services since the release of her debut album “Invasion Of Privacy” – despite never being declared an official single! But it’s the time now and so the track also finally arrives on my charts. It’s already Cardi’s eighth chart entry in less than a year (including yet another debut this week) but only her second Top10 hit as a lead artist following her breakthrough single “Bodak Yellow” (#2).

Other new and re-entries this week: MNEK has teamed up with Hailee Steinfeld on “Colour” and enters the charts at #11, Maroon 5 has picked up “Girls Like You” as their new single and remixed it with an additioned verse by Cardi B, which immediately turns the song into a hit as it’s new at #17 – the band’s third highest peaking track ever. Kylie Minogue debuts at #18 with “Golden”, the third single of her latest album with the same name. German singer Namika had a big hit in 2015 with her song “Lieblingsmensch”, and while her debut album “Nador” also was a nice hit in Germany, she was labelled as a one hit wonder so far. Now with her second album “Que Walou” just being released, she’s getting a second entry with “Je ne parle pas français”, which starts at #21 and is likely to climb even further. Mrs. Greenbird are also from Germany and also own an entry this week, as their new single “One Day In June” starts at #34 as the first taste of their upcoming third album. Last but not least, All Saints have the ninth and final new entry with “Love Lasts Forever” at #38.

Other talking points this week: Since “No Tears Left To Cry” has started to stabilize on the charts, Ariana Grande now collects a Gold certification for her latest song (3-4). Meghan Trainor reaches a new peak for yet another week as “Let You Be Right” rises 18-13, meanwhile, “Can’t Dance” also recovers a little bit (20-19). Kygo & Miguel reach a new peak as well as “Remind Me To Forget” is up 16-14. “Friends” by Marshmello and Anne-Marie had a fantastic run in the Top10, but once it left that part of the charts, it fell down rather fast and this week it leaves the Top40 completely after 16 weeks. It still was the only song released this year to get a Platinum certification, up until this week, as two are doing it as well with “Across The Sea” by Leaves’ Eyes (38-30) and the ESC hit “Monsters” by Saara Aalto (22-37).

Leaves’ Eyes’ “Across The Sea” is the biggest climber while Jessie J’s “Think About That” drops 14-39 as the biggest loser this week.

1 (NEW) Tarja – Love To Hate

2 (1) Clean Bandit feat. Demi Lovato – Solo
Chart Run: *1*-1-2- / 3w

3 (2) Shawn Mendes feat. Khalid – Youth
Chart Run: 11-19-8-*2*-3- / 5w

4 (3) Ariana Grande – No Tears Left To Cry *G*
Chart Run: *1*-1-4-9-5-3-4- / 7w

5 (NEW) Charli XCX – 5 In The Morning
Chart Run: *5*- / 1w

6 (4) Selena Gomez – Back To You
Chart Run: 4-*2*-4-6- / 4w

7 (6) Elina Nechayeva – La forza
Chart Run: 3-*1*-1-3-6-7- / 6w

8 (5) Eleni Foureira – Fuego
Chart Run: 3-*2*-4-5-8- / 5w

9 (NEW) Cardi B, Bad Bunny & J Balvin – I Like It
Chart Run: *9*- / 1w

10 (8) Equinox – Bones
Chart Run: 6-6-*5*-6-8-10- / 6w

11 (NEW) MNEK feat. Hailee Steinfeld – Colour

12 (7) Jessie J – Queen
Chart Run: *7*-12- / 2w

13 (18) Meghan Trainor – Let You Be Right
Chart Run: 21-18-*13*- / 3w

14 (16) Kygo & Miguel – Remind Me To Forget
Chart Run: 35-Out-RE *16*-16-14- / 4w

15 (10) Mikolas Josef – Lie To Me
Chart Run: 11-8-*7*-12-10-15- / 6w

16 (9) Shawn Mendes – Lost In Japan
Chart Run: 28-Out-RE *9*-16- / 3w

17 (NEW) Maroon 5 feat. Cardi B – Girls Like You
Chart Run: *17*- / 1w

18 (NEW) Kylie Minogue – Golden
Chart Run: *18*- / 1w

19 (20) Meghan Trainor – Can’t Dance
Chart Run: *17*-20-19- / 3w

20 (11) Blanche – Wrong Turn
Chart Run: *11*-20- / 2w

21 (NEW) Namika – Je ne parle pas français
Chart Run: *21*- / 1w

22 (15) Passenger – Hell Or High Water
Chart Run: *13*-15-22- / 3w

23 (17) Céline Dion – Ashes
Chart Run: *7*-11-14-17-23- / 5w

24 (12) Shawn Mendes – In My Blood
Chart Run: *7*-10-15-32-Out-RE 12-24- / 6w

25 (29) Madame Monsieur – Mercy
Chart Run: *10*-18-29-25- / 4w

26 (25) Fifth Harmony – Don’t Say You Love Me
Chart Run: *20*-25-26- / 3w

27 (13) Childish Gambino – This Is America
Chart Run: 12-21-*9*-13-27- / 5w

28 (23) Benjamin Ingrosso – Dance You Off
Chart Run: *8*-15-23-28- / 4w

29 (27) Charlie Puth feat. Khelani – Done For Me
Chart Run: 27-24-17-*13*-15-17-22-Out-RE 31-27-27-29- / 11w

30 (38) Leaves’ Eyes – Across The Sea *P*
Chart Run: *1*-1-1-2-4-6-11-14-16-22-Out-RE 33-28-25-37-33-28-Out-RE 38-30- / 18w

31 (26) Charlie Puth – Attention
Chart Run: 29-Out-RE 27-25-29-28-33-38-Out-RE 22-*19*-26-31- / 11w

32 (21) Netta – Toy
Chart Run: 16-20-39-Out-RE *5*-6-10-21-32- / 8w

33 (30) Waylon – Outlaw In ‘Em
Chart Run: *13*-23-30-33- / 4w

34 (NEW) Mrs. Greenbird – One Day In June
Chart Run: *34*- / 1w

35 (24) Rita Ora feat. Cardi B, Bebe Rexha & Charli XCX – Girls
Chart Run: *12*-26-24-35- / 4w

36 (31) Rasmussen – Higher Ground
Chart Run: *16*-24-31-36- / 4w

37 (22) Saara Aalto – Monsters *P*
Chart Run: 9-2-2-*1*-5-14-27-40-37-Out-RE 5-2-3-7-22-37- / 15w

38 (NEW) All Saints – Love Lasts Forever
Chart Run: *38*- / 1w

39 (14) Jessie J – Think About That
Chart Run: 15-*9*-18-38-Out-RE 14-39- / 6w

40 (34) Cesar Sampson – Nobody But You
Chart Run: 17-*15*-22-34-40- / 5w

Out of Top40
Out (19) Jessie J – Real Deal (2w)
Out (28) Christina Aguilera feat. Demi Lovato – Fall In Line (2w)
Out (32) Ed Sheeran – Happier (3w)
Out (33) Marshmello & Anne-Marie – Friends *P* (16w)
Out (35) Lea Sirk – Hvala, ne! (3w)
Out (36) SuRie – Storm (3w)
Out (37) Ryan O'Shaughnessy – Together (3w)
Out (39) David Guetta & Sia – Flames (10w)
Out (40) Anne-Marie – 2002 (6w)

New certifications
”Across The Sea” by Leaves’ Eyes and “Monsters” by Saara Aalto go PLATINUM (400+ points)
"No Tears Left To Cry” by Ariana Grande goes GOLD (250+ points)

Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:43 am

My Charts - week 23/2018 – 7 june 2018 - Love To Hate
    Album Top20
    Image Image Image
Spoiler:
There keep on being new releases each week, with two of them arriving on the charts this week alongside two re-entries. But the top album of the week is one of last weeks new entry which didn’t debut atop – Shawn Mendes’ third self-titled studio album. The set rises 2-1. Loreena McKennitt’s “Lost Souls” (3-2) and Charlie Puth’s “Voicenotes” (4-3) are also rising one spot each.

The two new entries belong to American electronica artist Owl City and German singer Namika. “Cinematic” becomes the seventh chart entry on the album charts for Owl City, as it’s arriving at #4. The electronica artist becomes one of the very few artists with more entries on the album charts than on the singles charts again, as only six songs from his discography made it to the charts. His biggest hit by far is “Good Time”, a collaboration with Carly Rae Jepsen, which topped the weekly charts for two weeks during summer 2012 and went Platinum, plus it was also the hit of his most successful album to date, which is called “The Midsummer Station”, topped the weekly chart for three weeks in the second half 2012 and went Platinum as well. Despite debuting one spot lower at #5, German singer Namika has more reasons to celebrate with the arrival of her second album “Que Walou”. The Top5 entry is much better than the weak #20 peak for her debut “Nador”, which obviously just made it to one week on the charts in late 2015.

As mentioned, there are also two re-entries, and both of them are in the lower half of the Album Top20. Demi Lovato’s latest album “Tell Me You Love Me” is back at #14 due to the anticipation of tonight’s concert, so it’s expected to see her discography getting a nice boost on next weeks chart. The other re-entry goes to Tarja’s “The Shadow Self” at #18, as the set benefits from the release of “Love To Hate”.

Other talking points this week: Despite leaving the upper half with a small drop (10-13), Sofi Tukker get their very first certification ever as “Treehouse” goes Gold.

1 (2) Shawn Mendes – Shawn Mendes
Chart Run: 2-*1*- / 2w

2 (3) Loreena McKennitt – Lost Souls
Chart Run: 3-*1*-3-2- / 4w

3 (4) Charlie Puth – Voicenotes
Chart Run: *2*-2-4-3- / 4w

4 (NEW) Owl City – Cinematic
Chart Run: *4*- / 1w

5 (NEW) Namika – Que Walou

6 (1) Jessie J – R.O.S.E.
Chart Run: *1*-6- / 2w

7 (5) My Indigo – My Indigo *G*
Chart Run: *1*-1-2-4-4-5-7- / 7w

8 (7) Ashley Monroe – Sparrow
Chart Run: 8-11-12-15-*7*-7-8- / 7w

9 (8) Anne-Marie – Speak Your Mind
Chart Run: *2*-4-6-6-8-9- / 6w

10 (6) Eurovision Song Contest 2018 *G*
Chart Run: 5-7-5-3-*1*-1-3-6-10- / 9w

11 (9) CHVRCHES – Love Is Dead
Chart Run: *9*-11- / 2w

12 (12) Faun – XV - Best Of *G*
Chart Run: *4*-7-10-14-9-10-5-6-9-12-13-11-10-9-12-12- / 16w

13 (10) Sofi Tukker – Treehouse *G*
Chart Run: *4*-4-7-6-7-11-10-13- / 8w

14 (RE) Demi Lovato – Tell Me You Love Me
Chart Run: 2-3-4-7-13-18-16-18-Out-RE 14- / 9w

15 (16) Auri – Auri *G*
Chart Run: *1*-2-1-3-7-10-10-14-16-16-15- / 11w

16 (15) Leaves’ Eyes – Sign Of The Dragonhead *G*
Chart Run: *1*-1-1-1-3-6-9-12-13-15-18-14-13-20-Out-RE 18-13-18-15-16- / 19w

17 (14) Kacey Musgraves – Golden Hour
Chart Run: *3*-7-8-11-15-14-18-10-14-17- / 10w

18 (RE) Tarja – The Shadow Self *P*
Chart Run: *1*-1-1-2-3-3-4-1-1-4-3-2-4-7-8-4-7-7-11-9-13-16-17-15-14-20-18-17-Out-RE 16-18-Out-RE 13-Out-RE 18- / 32w

19 (13) Saara Aalto – Wild Wild Wonderland
Chart Run: 4-*3*-5-8-13-19- / 6w

20 (11) James Bay – Electric Light
Chart Run: *5*-11-20- / 3w

Out of Top20
Out (17) Jessie J – Sweet Talker *2xP* (41w)
Out (18) Cardi B – Invasion Of Privacy *G* (8w)
Out (19) Pentatonix – PTX Presents: Top Pop, Vol. I (7w)
Out (20) Janelle Monae – Dirty Computer (5w)

New certifications
”Treehouse” by Sofi Tukker goes GOLD (100+ points)

Tansike
Legend

Postby phoenix98 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:00 am

Tansike wrote:Oh yeah, this makes it even more weird then! I mean, isn’t Thunderbolt even like Pikachu’s signature move?

No, it’s still not working, but it will (or should) get fixed later today. So, a week and a half without internet & TV :cry: No, there’s still a lot to do and it will take some time until I feel like home there, so let’s see how this will turn out with time. My new place is smaller than the last one, but it's at a much better place as it has much more sun and the previous one was in the ground floor, which turned out to be a no-go for me. It also costs a bit less (still enough though…). Last but not least, I only have around 15 minutes from my new place to work, and around 10-15 minutes to my partner’s place, while previously I had 30 minutes from my place to work in the morning, and in the evening sometimes even an hour or more due to traffic.

I’m not sure if I ever mentioned that but penguins used to be my favorite animal during my childhood, so while I loved Turtwig’s family, I also loved Empoleon. Once we did a ranking with the starters and I did rank this Generation quite high I think, as it’s ALWAYS very difficult to pick between these two for me. I think it’s even the Gen where it’s the most difficult choice to pick the starter for me.
Sounds interesting for Magmortar/Porygon-Z. As I said, I was always interested into these two but never came around playing with them, so it’s nice to hear they got into your Team. Aaaah… I didn’t realize fainting = death when you’re doing a playthrough as a Nuzlocke :oops: :o Oh no, poor Snowplow!! I hope Volitant does well in your team though.

True! What do you think of Let’s Go? I think it sounds really interesting and I’m actually really looking forward to it, even though I was hoping to get a ‘normal’ Pokémon game this year as well. Ah well… It’s not the only childhood treasure I lost. When I moved out for the first time nearly eight years ago to live with my ex partner, I have no idea what I was thinking cause there were quite a few stuff I left ‘at home’ and which is gone now. Something else would be tons of comics I drew when I was a child – I was a very good drawer back then! I still have some of them in my mind, especially some stories, and sometimes I really regret that I didn’t keep them. I even made a whole series called ‘The DigiPoké Team’ which was a mash-up of Pokémon, Digimon and Case Closed. Pokémon and Digimon were like humans in that series and there was a group (The DigiPoké Team) which had to solve murder cases and stuff like this. As a child it was way easier to draw Pokémon and Digimon instead of humans which is why I mixed up these three things :lol: I drew at least 40 different ‘episodes’…
Right? I mean, it seemed to be until "Volt Tackle" came along, anyway. After consulting Bulbapedia, it looks like nobody could learn "Thunderbolt" by level-up in Red & Blue (then only Pikachu could in Yellow).

UGH @ Internet and TV access taking that long! I'd be losing my sh*t after more than a week, for sure :x It sounds like this new place is an upgrade in every way except size? That's awesome! How'd you find it? Ha, yeah, I can imagine living on the ground floor being pretty awful (especially if it was on a busy street with people constantly walking by/right outside). Luckily, I haven't had any units above mine since my last apartment in college. A less stressful commute is such a huge plus too! With your partner even closer than before, you'll have even more opportunities for... ;) You should work some of that into one of his group's music videos, actually... #breaktheinternet

Aw, I didn't know you were ever that into penguins, but that's adorable! I just remember you mentioning monkeys before :lol: Thankfully, my team made it through the Elite Four and Cynthia without any more deaths. Phew! As much as I hate to say this about a fallen teammate, I think Snowplow's passing was somewhat of a blessing in disguise, since Volitant helped out quite a bit in those final battles :oops: Have things calmed down enough with the whole move/transition to give you a chance to pick up Yellow again? Granted, I guess you could just wait for Let's Go! now...

Speaking of - I'll miss wild Pokémon battles, but the Let's Go! games do look like an interesting way to combine some GO features with the usual main-series-type adventure, so I'll definitely still check them out. I skipped FireRed & LeafGreen, so it'll be my first time playing a Gen I remake, and Kanto does look pretty nice in the trailer. I just hope these GO-based gameplay changes aren’t included in next year’s proper core series Switch game. Aw, so all 40 episodes that you drew are gone for good? Damn, that's tragic...especially since there's no way to replace something personal and unique like those :cry: They sound so creative, I totally would've read them if you could've uploaded them online! Do you still draw at all? Has your partner posed nude for you yet? That'd be the best way for you to practice drawing humans...

Tansike wrote:Yes, it’s the same – that’s also why “Perfect” by Ed Sheeran debuted at #7, but left the Top100 completely the week afterwards as “Galway Girl” had more sales and debuted at #10. There are probably other examples but this is the best one which was affected by these rules I think. Also, there’s an exception in Switzerland, which is when an artist dies (like Avicii recently or back then Michael Jackson) this artist is allowed to have more than three entries for a period of time.
Ah, that's an exception that I totally don't mind, though. Seeing all those hits re-enter is a great/touching way to recognize their impact and legacy. It's like a final farewell to their chart presence too.

Tansike wrote:Ah, Grimes is something I’m really looking forward to as well! Her last album was brilliant!

I’m probably not too up-to-date with some of the most recent announcements, but the ones I’m currently looking forward to are Bebe Rexha’s “Expectations”, which drops later this month, Ariana’s “Sweetener” obviously, Carrie Underwood’s “Cry Pretty” in September, a new live album by Tarja and an upcoming, yet untitled (and with an unknown release date) album by my second most favorite band ever, Within Temptation. Also, my absolute fave (Kerli) is likely to finally release something this year, but I’m waiting for five years now so I’m not expecting too much anymore at this point :oops:
Agreed! Granted, it's the only album of hers that I've actually heard in full :lol: I briefly checked out some of her older singles after falling in love with Art Angels, and they definitely didn't have the same quirky-but-still-poppy appeal, so hopefully she keeps some of the same Art Angels style/sounds for her next project.

I'd be open to checking out Expectations if it makes a good impression on you. Same goes for Kerli's next album, actually, so **fingers crossed** that one actually happens this year!

Tansike wrote:Well, I think “Attention” wasn’t even the problem. I mean, “Attention” came out and was a hit months before they even announced the album, so I really think “Voicenotes” wasn’t ready at that time and they tried to see if Charlie still gets a hit or not with something following his debut album, and I think they were a bit surprised how big “Attention” was. Then “How Long” came and I think during that time they also announced the album, though “How Long” didn’t take off the way they thought it could, so they delayed the album and “Done For Me” did even worse… speaking of which, that one still is my highlight of “Voicenotes”. A shame how it wasn’t a hit…
Ah, I might've gotten the whole timeline blurred in my head. "Done For Me" hasn't clicked with me quite as much as you, but I'm still surprised by how poorly it's done :-? He abruptly went from scoring his biggest hit yet (besides "See You Again") to seriously struggling. People/listeners are so fickle sometimes... :x :lol:

Tansike wrote:Glad you’re liking its ongoing success here. Kinda sad it already fell a bit on your charts, as Akini had it as his #1 last week and it would have been so awesome to have us four (Jake, Akini, you & me) having the same #1 :oops: But you were really looking forward to the new album by CHVRCHES so it’s no big surprise that they overshadowed “Solo”.
Sorry for the flop timing on my part :lol: but all four of us sending the same song to No. 1 (even at slightly different times) is still pretty incredible! I've no idea when that last happened. I'm pretty sure it was "No Tears Left To Cry" for you, Jake, and me - but I know that one missed out on Akini's chart.

Tansike wrote:Yep, definitely! I’d even go that far and say it’s my most favorite song ever by Shawn. I think there really is and I was (and still am) so positively surprised, as I never saw him as an artist I would look forward to to hear new music. But “Shawn Mendes” has some awesome tunes – “Nervous”, “Like To Be You”, “Fallin’ All For You”, “Particular Taste”, “Queen” and “Mutual” are all single-worthy IMO.
:o Ooh, that's high praise indeed! Well, since I don't think anything else noteworthy is dropping this Friday (Christina's singles haven't really sold me, and I've never been as into her as a lot of the other pop ladies anyway), I might dive into Shawn Mendes later this week...

Tansike wrote:It’s somehow funny, as just in the moment when you said you’re enjoying “Let You Be Right” more than “Can’t Dance”, it also started to become my fave of the two. I still enjoy “Can’t Dance” as well though. They both weren’t instant hits for me like “No Excuses”, but they most likely will show a much longer effect…
If only I could influence you like that more often. ;) :lol:

Tansike wrote:2 (1) Clean Bandit feat. Demi Lovato – Solo
3 (2) Shawn Mendes feat. Khalid – Youth
5 (NEW) Charli XCX – 5 In The Morning
6 (4) Selena Gomez – Back To You
7 (6) Elina Nechayeva – La forza
8 (5) Eleni Foureira – Fuego
11 (NEW) MNEK feat. Hailee Steinfeld – Colour
13 (18) Meghan Trainor – Let You Be Right
14 (16) Kygo & Miguel – Remind Me To Forget
17 (NEW) Maroon 5 feat. Cardi B – Girls Like You
19 (20) Meghan Trainor – Can’t Dance
23 (17) Céline Dion – Ashes
24 (12) Shawn Mendes – In My Blood
27 (13) Childish Gambino – This Is America
29 (27) Charlie Puth feat. Khelani – Done For Me
30 (38) Leaves’ Eyes – Across The Sea *P*
31 (26) Charlie Puth – Attention
32 (21) Netta – Toy
• I'm not totally sold on "Love To Hate" on first listen, but DAMN does Tarja sound flawless live :o If the video hadn't made it so obvious that it was a live recording, I definitely would've thought those were studio vocals.
• "5 In The Morning" has been a letdown for me after REALLY loving some of Pop 2. :(
• "Colour" struck me as pretty bland/forgettable at first, but I've been coming back to it more than I expected! It's still far from one of my favorites from Hailee, but it's not a total throwaway either!
• Nice to see "Let You Be Right" pulling well ahead of "Can't Dance" now. 8-)
• Although I don't think Cardi adds much to "Girls Like You," the release of this new version definitely re-kindled my interest in the original.
• A Top 20 debut for Kylie too :o :D "Stop Me From Falling" never made it that high, right?

Yet another chart that's impossible to hate, Tansike! :D
phoenix98
Legend

Postby Tansike » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:11 am

phoenix98 wrote:Right? I mean, it seemed to be until "Volt Tackle" came along, anyway. After consulting Bulbapedia, it looks like nobody could learn "Thunderbolt" by level-up in Red & Blue (then only Pikachu could in Yellow).

UGH @ Internet and TV access taking that long! I'd be losing my sh*t after more than a week, for sure :x It sounds like this new place is an upgrade in every way except size? That's awesome! How'd you find it? Ha, yeah, I can imagine living on the ground floor being pretty awful (especially if it was on a busy street with people constantly walking by/right outside). Luckily, I haven't had any units above mine since my last apartment in college. A less stressful commute is such a huge plus too! With your partner even closer than before, you'll have even more opportunities for... ;) You should work some of that into one of his group's music videos, actually... #breaktheinternet

Aw, I didn't know you were ever that into penguins, but that's adorable! I just remember you mentioning monkeys before :lol: Thankfully, my team made it through the Elite Four and Cynthia without any more deaths. Phew! As much as I hate to say this about a fallen teammate, I think Snowplow's passing was somewhat of a blessing in disguise, since Volitant helped out quite a bit in those final battles :oops: Have things calmed down enough with the whole move/transition to give you a chance to pick up Yellow again? Granted, I guess you could just wait for Let's Go! now...

Speaking of - I'll miss wild Pokémon battles, but the Let's Go! games do look like an interesting way to combine some GO features with the usual main-series-type adventure, so I'll definitely still check them out. I skipped FireRed & LeafGreen, so it'll be my first time playing a Gen I remake, and Kanto does look pretty nice in the trailer. I just hope these GO-based gameplay changes aren’t included in next year’s proper core series Switch game. Aw, so all 40 episodes that you drew are gone for good? Damn, that's tragic...especially since there's no way to replace something personal and unique like those :cry: They sound so creative, I totally would've read them if you could've uploaded them online! Do you still draw at all? Has your partner posed nude for you yet? That'd be the best way for you to practice drawing humans...
True! Oh wow, so basically only one Pokémon was able to get Thunderbolt in Red/Blue (through TM) – that’s quite shocking considering how often Ash used it in the Anime, which made that move quite popular!

Ha, I actually lost my sh*t due to having no internet & TV! :lol: But at least I had time to unpack all the stuff, plus I wasn’t at my place the whole time, I still was at my partners place every now and then. But it really got exhausting… like, you only realize how much you rely on these stuff when you’re not able to use it. Anyways, yes, an upgrade in every way except size. Though I think that’s completely okay. Well, there’s something called ‘homegate’ which is a website where you can find apartments to rent or buy and I found that one through that page. Haha that link / song! :lol:

Yeah, monkeys and penguins! :lol: As a child it was all about penguins, I even had several dolls, but as an adult I started to ‘like’ monkeys as well. Congrats on beating the Elite Four and Cynthia :D Also nice to hear Volitant was such a good help for you. No, unfortunately I didn’t play ever since I moved. But I’m having my console ready to play all the time and I’m also taking it with me when I go to my partner, but somehow it always ends up with not playing it :oops:
Hmm well, so far I don’t really know what to expect from Let’s Go!, but I’m excited to try it out for sure.

Oh, you skipped FireRed / LeafGreen? So that’ll be kinda awesome to play Gen 1 with a new design for the first time! :D I still have to read a bit more into the new game as I don’t really know how this will work out and I only saw like half of the trailer so far, but I just hope it don’t rely too much on GO. And as you say, I also hope they won’t include the GO-based gameplay into the next games. I’d love to get one of the core series games for the Switch.
Yes, they’re gone for good. And even some more stuff. But it is what it is. No, I stopped drawing like 11-12 years ago and never started again since then, so most of my ‘talent’ when it comes to drawing is gone, sadly. Hahaha :lol:

phoenix98 wrote:Ah, that's an exception that I totally don't mind, though. Seeing all those hits re-enter is a great/touching way to recognize their impact and legacy. It's like a final farewell to their chart presence too.
Definitely! It would be nice to see other countries having the same or a similar rule.

phoenix98 wrote:Agreed! Granted, it's the only album of hers that I've actually heard in full :lol: I briefly checked out some of her older singles after falling in love with Art Angels, and they definitely didn't have the same quirky-but-still-poppy appeal, so hopefully she keeps some of the same Art Angels style/sounds for her next project.

I'd be open to checking out Expectations if it makes a good impression on you. Same goes for Kerli's next album, actually, so **fingers crossed** that one actually happens this year!
Well, it’s the same for me :lol: Despite loving “Art Angels” so much, I still never checked out some of her previous material. Well, I heard like two songs from other albums but they didn’t really impress me, so it’s been the same with me. I really cross my fingers that “Art Angels” wasn’t just a lucky shot for us.

“Expectations” already comes out in a week and a half so I can tell you about that one soon. As for Kerli, thanks, I really hope something comes out as soon as possible. The later it comes out the less chance she’ll have to get a nice spot on my Year-End Charts, and someone like her deserves a high spot only based on being my fave alone! :lol: :oops:

phoenix98 wrote:Ah, I might've gotten the whole timeline blurred in my head. "Done For Me" hasn't clicked with me quite as much as you, but I'm still surprised by how poorly it's done :-? He abruptly went from scoring his biggest hit yet (besides "See You Again") to seriously struggling. People/listeners are so fickle sometimes... :x :lol:
True. “Attention” becoming such a hit definitely was a surprise and it’s even more shocking how the follow-ups and the album flopped. A big hit doesn’t guarantee a thing these days. Years ago it was still possible to score a successful album based on one hit alone.

phoenix98 wrote:Sorry for the flop timing on my part :lol: but all four of us sending the same song to No. 1 (even at slightly different times) is still pretty incredible! I've no idea when that last happened. I'm pretty sure it was "No Tears Left To Cry" for you, Jake, and me - but I know that one missed out on Akini's chart.
:lol:
Yep, it is incredible. And yeah, Akini wasn’t that impressed with “No Tears Left To Cry”, but Jake, you and me already shared the same #1 two times this year now. Let’s see if we will share the same #1 again when Ari releases her next song :)

phoenix98 wrote: :o Ooh, that's high praise indeed! Well, since I don't think anything else noteworthy is dropping this Friday (Christina's singles haven't really sold me, and I've never been as into her as a lot of the other pop ladies anyway), I might dive into Shawn Mendes later this week...
Sounds amazing! It’s definitely one of the better pop releases this year so far, so I’d really recommend it to you and am excited to hear what you will think about it :D

phoenix98 wrote:If only I could influence you like that more often. ;) :lol:
Why? Is my taste that bad? :cry: :P

phoenix98 wrote:• I'm not totally sold on "Love To Hate" on first listen, but DAMN does Tarja sound flawless live :o If the video hadn't made it so obvious that it was a live recording, I definitely would've thought those were studio vocals.
• "5 In The Morning" has been a letdown for me after REALLY loving some of Pop 2. :(
• "Colour" struck me as pretty bland/forgettable at first, but I've been coming back to it more than I expected! It's still far from one of my favorites from Hailee, but it's not a total throwaway either!
• Nice to see "Let You Be Right" pulling well ahead of "Can't Dance" now. 8-)
• Although I don't think Cardi adds much to "Girls Like You," the release of this new version definitely re-kindled my interest in the original.
• A Top 20 debut for Kylie too :o :D "Stop Me From Falling" never made it that high, right?

Yet another chart that's impossible to hate, Tansike! :D
Thanks a lot for checking out “Love To Hate”! :D
I’m not that much surprised to hear you’re not that impressed by the song itself, but I love to hear that about her voice! She’s really an incredible live singer. I saw her live once (not a rock concert, but a Christmas concert with Christmas carols and some originals) and her voice was STUNNING.

Awww. I still remember how Charli slayed your charts so I was really looking forward to hear your thoughts on “5 In The Morning”, also because I’m liking that new song sooo much. Is there a chance this may grow on you? It could become my favorite Charli song ever :oops:

Nice to hear you’re enjoying “Colour” as well! I agree with you though that it’s not Hailee’s best, but somehow it’s still typical her… at least it’s a nice addition to her discography.

:cool:

Was “Girls Like You” already one of your favorites of the album before that single release? I think we shared our faves from the album a while ago but don’t really remember it. For me it wasn’t, but this whole release (remix + video) really worked.

You’re right! The chartrun for SMFF was 30-Out-RE 30-Out :oops:

Thanks a lot :D
Tansike
Legend

Postby SummerPeur » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:32 am

Great to see NTLTC get a gold cert :). Hopefully she follows this up with another banger.

I don't mind Shawn. But I had a lot of difficulty enjoying this song tbh. It feels like that something is missing :(

Yay!!! A decent Kylie debut 8-). Since SMFF was paid dust nnnnnnnnnnn :lol:

Took me a while to realize Kylie's back up singer was in Eurovision hahahah. So I only just discovered this song, and I enjoy it!
SummerPeur wrote:Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
Goldmoney wrote:So does her microphone
SummerPeur
Kylie Overseer

Postby Colbie » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:45 pm

Love the Tarja track! Funny to also see Namika here, also saw her in another chart. I am checking her album right now, liking it!
Colbie
Superstar

Postby Tansike » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:45 am

SummerPeur wrote:
Great to see NTLTC get a gold cert :). Hopefully she follows this up with another banger.
I hope so too! The new track is coming out soon and my expectations are quite high :)

SummerPeur wrote:
I don't mind Shawn. But I had a lot of difficulty enjoying this song tbh. It feels like that something is missing :(
The song took ages to grow on me too and i can see what you mean. He's doing some nice pop music but it's still far from being better-than-average, kinda...

SummerPeur wrote:
Yay!!! A decent Kylie debut 8-). Since SMFF was paid dust nnnnnnnnnnn :lol:
:lol: :oops: I thought SMFF was a bit too generic. The chorus was just weak :oops: But "Golden" is great!

SummerPeur wrote:
Took me a while to realize Kylie's back up singer was in Eurovision hahahah. So I only just discovered this song, and I enjoy it!
Wait, what?! Saara is/was Kylie's back up singer? Woah, i had no idea! Glad to hear you enjoy it, it's a great dance pop track 8-)
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:46 am

Colbie wrote:Love the Tarja track! Funny to also see Namika here, also saw her in another chart. I am checking her album right now, liking it!
So amazing to hear this! :D
As for Namika, i think she's the current #1 on Erotica's Chart. Didn't expect her to get another hit but i'm glad she did, "Je ne parle pas français" is definitely a very catchy, well-made track.
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:57 am

My Charts - week 24/2018 – 14 june 2018 - Demi and a violin
    Singles Top40
    Image Image Image
Spoiler:
It was a very exciting week for two artists in particular, and these are the violinist and YouTube sensation Lindsey Stirling and former Disney actress and singer Demi Lovato. The former got featured on two new singles, while the latter benefits from her very first concert in Switzerland, which was held last Thursday.

Considering how massive her discography was up to last week – 20 chart entries with all of them having a Top3 peak – it’s no surprise to see both of the Lindsey Stirling featured tracks being not only the top two debuts of the week, but also even debuting at number one and number two respectively. Atop the charts it’s “Hi-Lo”, the latest single by American rock band Evanescence. The track is from last years album “Synthesis” and was finally chosen to be their next single. It’s the tenth chart entry for Evanescence and their fourth number one single, while it’s Lindsey’s 12th top hit. The other track is called “Stampede” and is a collaboration between Lindsey and the American folk-pop duo Alexander Jean. It’s the very first notation ever for the duo, and one part of that duo is Mark Ballas, who was Lindsey’s dance partner on last years ‘Dancing with the Stars’ where they ended up second.

Now on to the concert effect for Demi Lovato. The highest of her entries is “Tell Me You Love Me”, her latest single and title track for both, her latest album and her current World Tour. The song makes its comeback at #6, having previously peaked at #9 last year. It’s the only song for Demi in the Top10, though two just missed to make a comeback that high: “Heart Attack” and “Cool For The Summer”, which re-enter the charts at #11 and #12. The former is Demi’s biggest hit to date, having peaked at #3 in 2013 and being certified with Platinum. Meanwhile, “Cool For The Summer” became her second number one single back in 2015. Speaking of Demi’s biggest hits, it may be interesting to see all of her entries this week being uncertified except the mentioned “Heart Attack”. That’s because she only owns three more certified songs – “Skyscraper” (Platinum, 2011), “Really Don’t Care” (Gold, 2014) and “Stone Cold” (Gold, 2016) – with all of them not being performed on the concert. Her other entries this week are “Give Your Heart A Break” (#18), “Confident” (#21), the Luis Fonsi collaboration “Échame La Culpa” (#28), “Sorry Not Sorry” (#33) and the Christina Aguilera collaboration “Fall In Line” (#36). Last but not least, she’s obviously also featured on Clean Bandit’s “Solo”, which spends a fourth week in the Top3 (2-3) and also got performed last Thursday.

Other new and re-entries this week: It took her four years, but Lily Allen finally released her new album “No Shame”, alongside a video for her new single “Lost My Mind”. The track starts at #19, which is much better than the #34 peak of the previous single “Trigger Bang”, though it’s still her second lowest chart entry ever. Following an all-female-collaboration with “Girls”, there’s already a next one with “Bitches”. The song was originally released as a solo track by Tove Lo on her last album “Blue Lips” and got remixed, with added parts by Charli XCX, Icona Pop and Alma. It arrives at #25 as already the last new or re-entry this week, being Tove Lo’s eleventh chart entry, and more interestingly Charli XCX’s third entry in just a few weeks, as she also was featured on the mentioned “Girls” plus she’s currently having a Top10 hit with “5 In The Morning” (5-8).

Other talking points this week: Namika’s “Je ne parle pas français” jumps as expected into the Top10 with a huge leap (21-5). It ties the peak of her only previous chart entry “Lieblingsmensch” now, as it also had a huge jump in its second week (37-5) back in 2015. “La forza” by Elina Nechayeva may leave the Top10 for the first time dropping 7-14, but it becomes the second certified ESC entry of the year as it goes Gold. “Fuego” (8-15), “Bones” (10-16) and “Lie To Me” (15-24) may follow sooner or later as well. “Done For Me” may drop a lot this week (29-38), but despite its low peak it becomes Charlie Puth’s second longest charting entry ever, only behind “We Don’t Talk Anymore” which stayed on the chart for one more week.

Namika’s “Je ne parle pas français” is the obvious biggest climber this week, as it’s not only rising a lot of places, but it’s the only song to gain spots at all. Meanwhile, Jessie J’s “Queen” drops 12-35 as the biggest loser of the week.

1 (NEW) Evanescence feat. Lindsey Stirling – Hi-Lo

2 (NEW) Alexander Jean feat. Lindsey Stirling – Stampede

3 (2) Clean Bandit feat. Demi Lovato – Solo
Chart Run: *1*-1-2-3- / 4w

4 (1) Tarja – Love To Hate
Chart Run: *1*-4- / 2w

5 (21) Namika – Je ne parle pas français
Chart Run: 21-*5*- / 2w

6 (RE) Demi Lovato – Tell Me You Love Me
Chart Run: 10-19-35-Out-RE 12-14-9-16-25-Out-RE *6*- / 9w

7 (3) Shawn Mendes feat. Khalid – Youth
Chart Run: 11-19-8-*2*-3-7- / 6w

8 (5) Charli XCX – 5 In The Morning

9 (4) Ariana Grande – No Tears Left To Cry *G*
Chart Run: *1*-1-4-9-5-3-4-9- / 8w

10 (6) Selena Gomez – Back To You
Chart Run: 4-*2*-4-6-10- / 5w

11 (RE) Demi Lovato – Heart Attack *P*
Chart Run: 18-21-21-8-7-9-6-8-9-*3*-5-10-13-17-21-24-25-25-28-35-38-33-35-40-Out-RE 11- / 25w

12 (RE) Demi Lovato – Cool For The Summer
Chart Run: *1*-4-8-10-19-30-33-38-Out-RE 31-40-40-Out-RE 12- / 12w

13 (9) Cardi B, Bad Bunny & J Balvin – I Like It
Chart Run: *9*-13- / 2w

14 (7) Elina Nechayeva – La forza *G*
Chart Run: 3-*1*-1-3-6-7-14- / 7w

15 (8) Eleni Foureira – Fuego
Chart Run: 3-*2*-4-5-8-15- / 6w

16 (10) Equinox – Bones
Chart Run: 6-6-*5*-6-8-10-16- / 7w

17 (13) Meghan Trainor – Let You Be Right
Chart Run: 21-18-*13*-17- / 4w

18 (RE) Demi Lovato – Give Your Heart A Break
Chart Run: 15-14-*9*-14-14-15-14-18-Out-RE 18- / 9w

19 (NEW) Lily Allen – Lost My Mind
Chart Run: *19*- / 1w

20 (14) Kygo & Miguel – Remind Me To Forget
Chart Run: 35-Out-RE *16*-16-14-20- / 5w

21 (RE) Demi Lovato – Confident
Chart Run: *16*-25-39-Out-RE 38-32-25-39-Out-RE 21- / 8w

22 (11) MNEK feat. Hailee Steinfeld – Colour
Chart Run: *11*-22- / 2w

23 (18) Kylie Minogue – Golden
Chart Run: *18*-23- / 2w

24 (15) Mikolas Josef – Lie To Me
Chart Run: 11-8-*7*-12-10-15-24- / 7w

25 (NEW) Tove Lo feat. Charli XCX, Icona Pop & Alma – Bitches
Chart Run: *25*- / 1w

26 (17) Maroon 5 feat. Cardi B – Girls Like You
Chart Run: *17*-26- / 2w

27 (16) Shawn Mendes – Lost In Japan
Chart Run: 28-Out-RE *9*-16-27- / 4w

28 (RE) Luis Fonsi feat. Demi Lovato – Échame La Culpa
Chart Run: *19*-38-Out-RE 28- / 3w

29 (26) Fifth Harmony – Don’t Say You Love Me
Chart Run: *20*-25-26-29- / 4w

30 (19) Meghan Trainor – Can’t Dance
Chart Run: *17*-20-19-30- / 4w

31 (25) Madame Monsieur – Mercy
Chart Run: *10*-18-29-25-31- / 5w

32 (28) Benjamin Ingrosso – Dance You Off
Chart Run: *8*-15-23-28-32- / 5w

33 (RE) Demi Lovato – Sorry Not Sorry
Chart Run: *3*-8-17-36-Out-RE 34-Out-RE 33- / 6w

34 (23) Céline Dion – Ashes
Chart Run: *7*-11-14-17-23-34- / 6w

35 (12) Jessie J – Queen
Chart Run: *7*-12-35- / 3w

36 (RE) Christina Aguilera feat. Demi Lovato – Fall In Line
Chart Run: *11*-28-Out-RE 36- / 3w

37 (20) Blanche – Wrong Turn
Chart Run: *11*-20-37- / 3w

38 (29) Charlie Puth feat. Khelani – Done For Me
Chart Run: 27-24-17-*13*-15-17-22-Out-RE 31-27-27-29-38- / 12w

39 (22) Passenger – Hell Or High Water
Chart Run: *13*-15-22-39- / 4w

40 (33) Waylon – Outlaw In ‘Em
Chart Run: *13*-23-30-33-40- / 5w

Out of Top40
Out (24) Shawn Mendes – In My Blood (6w)
Out (27) Childish Gambino – This Is America (5w)
Out (30) Leaves’ Eyes – Across The Sea *P* (18w)
Out (31) Charlie Puth – Attention (11w)
Out (32) Netta – Toy (8w)
Out (34) Mrs. Greenbird – One Day In June (1w)
Out (35) Rita Ora feat. Cardi B, Bebe Rexha & Charli XCX – Girls (4w)
Out (36) Rasmussen – Higher Ground (4w)
Out (37) Saara Aalto – Monsters *P* (15w)
Out (38) All Saints – Love Lasts Forever (1w)
Out (39) Jessie J – Think About That (6w)
Out (40) Cesar Sampson – Nobody But You (5w)

New certifications
"La forza” by Elina Nechayeva goes GOLD (250+ points)

Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:58 am

My Charts - week 24/2018 – 14 june 2018 - Demi and a violin
    Album Top20
    Image Image Image
Spoiler:
The impacts by Demi Lovato and Lindsey Stirling on the Singles Top40 also have an effect on the Album Top20, as the former benefits a lot from the concert effect while the latter gets a little re-entry. Demi Lovato’s “Tell Me You Love Me” shoots up 14-1 following its re-entry a week ago, getting a new peak now, becoming her second chart topper on the album charts and even going Gold this week. At first it looked like the album won’t go back to the top following the concert effect, but the competition wasn’t the biggest so in the end it still was quite easy. She even gets another high-charting album, as the previous release “Confident” makes a strong comeback at #3. A third and final entry for Demi is at #19 as her most successful album to date – simply called “Demi” – makes a re-entry.

Two new arrivals are on the charts this week. The higher one is “No Shame” by Lily Allen. The British singer-songwriter took a break of four years but she’s finally back now and gets her third Top3 entry as it’s new at #2. Her last album “Sheezus” debuted and peaked at #3 while “It’s Not Me, It’s You” topped the album charts back in 2010. The second debut is “so sad so sexy”, which becomes the very first notation for Swedish singer Lykke Li at #5.

Other re-entries this week: Evanescence’ “Synthesis” is back at #16 due to the success of “Hi-Lo”, while Lindsey Stirling also benefits a little bit from her two new featurings as mentioned and comes back to #18 with “Brave Enough”.

Other talking points this week: Anne-Marie’s debut album “Speak Your Mind” goes Gold in its seventh charting week, still staying inside the upper half (9-9). The compilation for this years Eurovision Song Contest has to leave that part for its first time, as it falls 10-13 in its tenth week. Also leaving the upper half for the first time are “Cinematic” by Owl City (4-12) and “R.O.S.E.” by Jessie J (6-14), though they’re doing it after just one and two weeks, which is quite bad for these artists standards. Faun’s “XV – Best Of” also has a big drop (12-20) after being stable for a very long time.

1 (14) Demi Lovato – Tell Me You Love Me *G*
Chart Run: 2-3-4-7-13-18-16-18-Out-RE 14-*1*- / 10w

2 (NEW) Lily Allen – No Shame

3 (RE) Demi Lovato – Confident *G*
Chart Run: 2-*1*-4-8-12-19-Out-RE 15-12-16-Out-RE 13-18-Out-RE 3- / 12w

4 (1) Shawn Mendes – Shawn Mendes
Chart Run: 2-*1*-4- / 3w

5 (NEW) Lykke Li – so sad so sexy

6 (2) Loreena McKennitt – Lost Souls
Chart Run: 3-*1*-3-2-6- / 5w

7 (3) Charlie Puth – Voicenotes
Chart Run: *2*-2-4-3-7- / 5w

8 (7) My Indigo – My Indigo *G*
Chart Run: *1*-1-2-4-4-5-7-8- / 8w

9 (9) Anne-Marie – Speak Your Mind *G*
Chart Run: *2*-4-6-6-8-9-9- / 7w

10 (5) Namika – Que Walou
Chart Run: *5*-10- / 2w

11 (8) Ashley Monroe – Sparrow
Chart Run: 8-11-12-15-*7*-7-8-11- / 8w

12 (4) Owl City – Cinematic
Chart Run: *4*-12- / 2w

13 (10) Eurovision Song Contest 2018 *G*
Chart Run: 5-7-5-3-*1*-1-3-6-10-13- / 10w

14 (6) Jessie J – R.O.S.E.
Chart Run: *1*-6-14- / 3w

15 (11) CHVRCHES – Love Is Dead
Chart Run: *9*-11-15- / 3w

16 (RE) Evanescence – Synthesis *G*
Chart Run: 2-3-6-9-9-13-15-14-18-Out-RE 11-*1*-2-6-10-14-19-Out-RE 16- / 17w

17 (15) Auri – Auri *G*
Chart Run: *1*-2-1-3-7-10-10-14-16-16-15-17- / 12w

18 (RE) Lindsey Stirling – Brave Enough *3xP*
Chart Run: *1*-1-1-3-3-2-6-7-6-9-11-10-8-11-14-9-7-8-14-10-2-2-1-1-4-8-10-7-2-1-4-5-8-13-16-14-12-11-3-8-11-7-11-8-7-8-11-14-18-12-13-16-18-20-Out-RE 11-12-12-19-Out-RE 15-18-Out-RE 18-Out-RE 18- / 62w

19 (RE) Demi Lovato – Demi *P*
Chart Run: *2*-4-6-8-15-17-20-20-Out-RE 14-8-11-18-19-Out-RE 15-20-Out-RE 19-11-7-7-10-11-14-14-17-18-Out-RE 19- / 26w

20 (12) Faun – XV - Best Of *G*
Chart Run: *4*-7-10-14-9-10-5-6-9-12-13-11-10-9-12-12-20- / 17w

Out of Top20
Out (13) Sofi Tukker – Treehouse *G* (8w)
Out (16) Leaves’ Eyes – Sign Of The Dragonhead *G* (19w)
Out (17) Kacey Musgraves – Golden Hour (10w)
Out (18) Tarja – The Shadow Self *P* (32w)
Out (19) Saara Aalto – Wild Wild Wonderland (6w)
Out (20) James Bay – Electric Light (3w)

New certifications
”Speak Your Mind” by Anne-Marie and “Tell Me You Love Me” by Demi Lovato go GOLD (100+ points)

Tansike
Legend

Postby phoenix98 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:30 pm

Tansike wrote:Ha, I actually lost my sh*t due to having no internet & TV! :lol: But at least I had time to unpack all the stuff, plus I wasn’t at my place the whole time, I still was at my partners place every now and then. But it really got exhausting… like, you only realize how much you rely on these stuff when you’re not able to use it. Anyways, yes, an upgrade in every way except size. Though I think that’s completely okay. Well, there’s something called ‘homegate’ which is a website where you can find apartments to rent or buy and I found that one through that page. Haha that link / song! :lol:

Yeah, monkeys and penguins! :lol: As a child it was all about penguins, I even had several dolls, but as an adult I started to ‘like’ monkeys as well. Congrats on beating the Elite Four and Cynthia :D Also nice to hear Volitant was such a good help for you. No, unfortunately I didn’t play ever since I moved. But I’m having my console ready to play all the time and I’m also taking it with me when I go to my partner, but somehow it always ends up with not playing it :oops:
Hmm well, so far I don’t really know what to expect from Let’s Go!, but I’m excited to try it out for sure.

Oh, you skipped FireRed / LeafGreen? So that’ll be kinda awesome to play Gen 1 with a new design for the first time! :D I still have to read a bit more into the new game as I don’t really know how this will work out and I only saw like half of the trailer so far, but I just hope it don’t rely too much on GO. And as you say, I also hope they won’t include the GO-based gameplay into the next games. I’d love to get one of the core series games for the Switch.
**Hug** No one could blame you for that :lol: It's annoying enough to not be able to use it for free/fun-time, but Internet access is basically essential for so many parts of life today: getting work (or school) stuff done, staying in touch with friends/family, etc. Losing it cuts you off from a LOT, so I'm glad that you're officially back in the 21st century now! ;)

Aw, did all those penguin dolls face the same fate as your Yu-Gi-Oh collection and DigiPoké Team drawings? Ha, I can probably guess what ends up happening instead of Yellow whenever you go to your partner's place ;) ;) ;) I'll try not to nag you by asking every week, but let me know if/when you start playing Yellow again! You were getting pretty close to the end (or at least past the halfway point...)

Yeah, I'm definitely excited to explore a much better-looking Kanto, and see what tweaks they made to the region (and story) for Let's Go. From what's been revealed so far, the new rival's quite different from Blue/Gary back in the day, so I wonder if/how other characters might change too. I re-played that first Let's Go trailer a ton of times, constantly pausing it to catch as much as possible :lol: There was some gameplay footage shown at E3 last week too (mostly Viridian Forest/Vertania Wald and a little of Pewter/Marmoria City).

Tansike wrote:Well, it’s the same for me :lol: Despite loving “Art Angels” so much, I still never checked out some of her previous material. Well, I heard like two songs from other albums but they didn’t really impress me, so it’s been the same with me. I really cross my fingers that “Art Angels” wasn’t just a lucky shot for us.

“Expectations” already comes out in a week and a half so I can tell you about that one soon. As for Kerli, thanks, I really hope something comes out as soon as possible. The later it comes out the less chance she’ll have to get a nice spot on my Year-End Charts, and someone like her deserves a high spot only based on being my fave alone! :lol: :oops:
**Fingers crossed** for sure! Art Angels was one of my favorite albums/most-pleasant-surprises of the past few years, so it'd be a HUGE bummer if her next album does nothing for me. :x :lol:

Speaking of Expectations, it looks like you're been enjoying "I'm A Mess"?

Tansike wrote:Sounds amazing! It’s definitely one of the better pop releases this year so far, so I’d really recommend it to you and am excited to hear what you will think about it :D
I noticed on its Wikipedia page that Shawn Mendes seemed to go over pretty well with critics (especially for a mainstream pop album from a 19-year-old who got famous on Vine)...but I wasn't really feeling the album after my first listen all the way through :oops: I'll still give it another try or two, and I'm not TOO shocked that it wasn't love-at-first-listen, after the singles/preview tracks didn't really click with me. Since it's such a slow album, I might need to be in a certain mood/state of mind to want to hear it (kind of like Miley's Younger Now, which I think you also loved a lot more than I did overall).

Tansike wrote:Why? Is my taste that bad? :cry: :P
:lol: NoOoOo, of course not! <3

I'd just love to see a little more synchronicity between us sometimes, but I'd never want our charts to be completely identical. Then there wouldn't be any new discoveries, or interesting debates/disagreements (like your inability to properly appreciate "Alone" :cry: :cry: :cry: though it looks like the GP is with you on that one. RIP).

Tansike wrote:Thanks a lot for checking out “Love To Hate”! :D I’m not that much surprised to hear you’re not that impressed by the song itself, but I love to hear that about her voice! She’s really an incredible live singer. I saw her live once (not a rock concert, but a Christmas concert with Christmas carols and some originals) and her voice was STUNNING.
Ah, so you've only gotten a chance to see Tarja once? Granted, that's still more than I've seen a lot of my faves in concert :lol: but you seem to go to shows pretty often. Does she not tour Switzerland much?

Tansike wrote:Awww. I still remember how Charli slayed your charts so I was really looking forward to hear your thoughts on “5 In The Morning”, also because I’m liking that new song sooo much. Is there a chance this may grow on you? It could become my favorite Charli song ever :oops:
:o Woah! I don't think I'll be sharing your enthusiasm anytime soon :oops: I re-visited Pop 2 last week, and "Backseat," "Unlock It," "Track 10," and "Out Of My Head" still sound SO much better to me :oops: Well, pretty much all of Pop 2 does :oops: :oops: But I'm still glad to see anything by her doing well on your chart!

Tansike wrote:Nice to hear you’re enjoying “Colour” as well! I agree with you though that it’s not Hailee’s best, but somehow it’s still typical her… at least it’s a nice addition to her discography.
Yeah, it's hard to say exactly why, but it really does feel like Hailee was the perfect pick to feature on that track. Maybe she helped write it?

Tansike wrote:Was “Girls Like You” already one of your favorites of the album before that single release? I think we shared our faves from the album a while ago but don’t really remember it. For me it wasn’t, but this whole release (remix + video) really worked.
Yeah...well, not on the same level as "What Lovers Do," which had me pretty obsessed...but "Girls Like You" has always been among the better half of Red Pill Blues for me. It was one of the highest-debuting songs from that album on my first chart after it came out (only below "Wait" and "Who I Am").

Tansike wrote:You’re right! The chartrun for SMFF was 30-Out-RE 30-Out :oops:
" :oops: " is right for that chart run! :evil: :wink:

Tansike wrote:1 (NEW) Evanescence feat. Lindsey Stirling – Hi-Lo
2 (NEW) Alexander Jean feat. Lindsey Stirling – Stampede
3 (2) Clean Bandit feat. Demi Lovato – Solo
6 (RE) Demi Lovato – Tell Me You Love Me
7 (3) Shawn Mendes feat. Khalid – Youth
8 (5) Charli XCX – 5 In The Morning
9 (4) Ariana Grande – No Tears Left To Cry *G*
10 (6) Selena Gomez – Back To You
11 (RE) Demi Lovato – Heart Attack *P*
12 (RE) Demi Lovato – Cool For The Summer
14 (7) Elina Nechayeva – La forza *G*
15 (8) Eleni Foureira – Fuego
17 (13) Meghan Trainor – Let You Be Right
18 (RE) Demi Lovato – Give Your Heart A Break
20 (14) Kygo & Miguel – Remind Me To Forget
21 (RE) Demi Lovato – Confident
22 (11) MNEK feat. Hailee Steinfeld – Colour
23 (18) Kylie Minogue – Golden
25 (NEW) Tove Lo feat. Charli XCX, Icona Pop & Alma – Bitches
26 (17) Maroon 5 feat. Cardi B – Girls Like You
27 (16) Shawn Mendes – Lost In Japan
30 (19) Meghan Trainor – Can’t Dance
33 (RE) Demi Lovato – Sorry Not Sorry
34 (23) Céline Dion – Ashes
36 (RE) Christina Aguilera feat. Demi Lovato – Fall In Line
38 (29) Charlie Puth feat. Khelani – Done For Me
• Looks like Lindsey's really getting her "featuring" on lately! I guess she's doing a co-headlining tour with Evanescence? Are they coming anywhere near you? Not too surprisingly, the Evanescence collabo is my favorite of these two, since it has (gorgeous) vocals, and I really loved some of Evanescence's earlier singles.
• How was Demi's concert? It hurts my heart a little to see that "Give Your Heart A Break" 'only' peaked at No. 9 (and spent a single week inside your Top 10) :( That was definitely her "breakthrough" hit with me, and is still her most-Scrobbled song in my library (by far).
• Although "Bitches" has never been one of my favorites from Blue Lips, and this new version doesn't really change that, it's pretty wild/awesome that it got another single after all this time, since "Disco Tits" came out waaayyy back in September :o I wonder if that's a record for the longest gap between a lead and follow-up single... :lol:

Yet another chart that has way more "highs" than "lows," Tansike! :D
phoenix98
Legend

Return to Personal Charts