My Charts - week 45 - Baby, let’s Play Destroy

Moderators: JSparksFan, tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby phoenix98 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:30 pm

Tansike wrote:Oh believe me, I already did that (delete & re-post) quite a few times :oops: But I also make sure I read my posts more than once so I don’t have to do that :oops:
Smart! I have way too many proofreading fails :lol: or I'll think of something I really want to add to my post immediately after I hit "Submit."

Tansike wrote:Yes, it really is. Well, I have no clue how a list of my most favorite videos ever would look like, as there’s none, so it could be Top20 or just Top30 or so… but’s it’s definitely one of my favorite ones. When I think about it, I’d say it’s even my most favorite video ever from Selena, though her videography isn’t the strongest sadly. That’s one point by growing up ‘with her’, but I also think she still has such a babyface which makes her look even younger than she is, and my age or older >>> younger

Inches? Of what? :o :P :lol: Haha… I don’t even think there’d be a Top10 of such a countdown to be honest… but… if 2019 is finished, I made ‘My Charts’ for 13 years (officially) and since I always wanted to do a countdown, I thought ‘13’ is a nice number (better than 12, 14 or so… and I missed to do it after ten years, and 20 years is too far away), so a countdown is currently planned for 2020 in celebration of these 13 years. Since it’s a celebration of ‘My Charts’, it will be based on my charts :wink:
Ah, that's a fair point - she could easily pass for younger than her actual 26. Ha, you and your daddies, eh? ;) Does this mean your partner is actually much older than he looks...?

Of height, of course! Or waistline, maybe. Nothing else, though! Ha, I've always heard 13 associated with bad luck, but I like the idea of you doing something different than the usual 10th, 15th, 20th anniversary.

Tansike wrote:Oh, that’s cool for Maroon 5 – I actually had no idea “Animals” peaked that high in the US, so nice to know! :D
:o I'd forgotten that it actually did far worse than "Maps" in several other markets! No. 27 in the UK, No. 62 in Australia...

Tansike wrote:I read that too :o How cruel is that… being able to dance like that, being so fancy and stuff, having so many fans and you’re not even allowed to do something / date someone :( Poor them. But on the bright side, they are famous, are world stars, still have a time of their lives and they most likely can live from that for the rest of their lives…

He does and every time he’s doing it when I’m with him, I’m impressed. I suck at dance (or at least I think I do :lol: ). Last year or at the beginning of this year, he listened to a song once, thought about a choreography and a few minutes later he already had one and that one got immediately stuck in his head. If I would try to think about a Choreography, I would forget it fast if I don’t repeat it over and over again, write it down or something :oops:
It's definitely a wild ride that most people will never get to experience, so they're lucky in that regard. I hope they get a fair share of the profits, though (it's not something like 95% goes to the label and the band has to split the remaining 5% among themselves) :lol: I don't think they often write or produce their own stuff either, which hurts how much they can continue to make off these songs in the future.

Damn, it's like he has a photographic memory for dance steps! I'm sure you can still impress him with some moves of your own, though ;) Just maybe not on the dancefloor...

Tansike wrote::lol: :oops:
Well, how do you know? :P
Excellent point! I guess you'll just have to start doing it every morning - lights on, windows open - until I get a chance to walk by myself to confirm. :D

Tansike wrote:Yes, he did! And that’s so true. So they seem to promote the “Lost In Japan” remix with Zedd as the official second single now. And… what were “Youth”/”Nervous” then :-?
Are they seriously calling "Lost In Japan" the second single now? I guess "Youth" and "Nervous" were just buzz-second-singles...? :lol:

Tansike wrote:But how did you know that her name is Sharon if I may ask? :o And… when I read your comment yesterday I was like :o :o :o because I didn’t know you actually added those two songs to your library! That’s so great and makes me very happy! (Granted, I don't know how often you played them, but even if you never played them, adding them to your library is already an amazing sign for these songs <3)
I saw her name when I Googled the lyrics to "The Reckoning", since it marked who sings each part of the song.

Tansike wrote:Awwww noooo please not :cry: I’m sorry, but somehow my interest in her wasn’t here back then. It probably also didn’t help that it came out before I had Apple Music (iirc) and I’ve never been someone who checks out videos or so. I haven’t even watched the video for my own #1 yet, so if it wouldn’t be for streaming, I would’ve never heard it yet (ok, in a case like WT I would’ve bought it off iTunes… but still!) :oops: I guess I have to check it out now and in cases like this I hope it won’t be too good otherwise I’ll hate myself for not checking it out earlier :oops:
I already hate you for it, tbh. :cry: :cry: :cry:

<3

Tansike wrote:Same! It’s interesting how most people and even the GP thinks similar in Rita’s case. Here’s hope she may score another hit with “Let You Love Me” and I’m really looking forward to “Phoenix” now :D
Thankfully, the UK seems to be on-board, since it's already gone Top 10 there (after "Girls" never made it higher than No. 22). I won't hold my breath for a hit in the US, though :x For some reason, she's always gotten the cold shoulder here (aside from "Black Widow," and I think that one's success had much more to do with Iggy being on a hot streak at the time).

Tansike wrote:And yet again – same! “Head Above Water” also kept on growing on me, sadly it will be a very busy week on my charts so #8 may be her peak for now. It’s nice seeing someone like her coming back with such a good track, and its performance on iTunes is very promising so far. I agree about her ballads - even though she’s mostly known for her uptempo, pop-rock (girlie) tracks, her ballads are often her real gems. What do you think about “Alice”?
:oops: :oops: :oops: I mean...it was an opportunity for her to showcase her voice...I guess? It never made my chart, though. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Tansike wrote:Oh, now this is surprising to me! Better than “Whatever It Takes”, “Born To Be Yours” and “Natural”? :o I think it’s pretty… basic? At least compared to their other songs… but there's no anticipation for the movie from my side as i'm not familiar with it ( :oops: ) so there's that. It already happened in the past with myself that the anticipation to a movie helped for its soundtrack single, or watching a movie boosted a soundtrack single... a movie was actually the reason how Ed Sheeran got his very first hit on my charts!
I do like "Whatever It Takes" and "Born To Be Yours" (though neither hooked me quite as much as "Thunder"). I was pretty underwhelmed by/disinterested in both "Next To Me" and "Natural." "Zero" definitely feels like their poppiest offering in a while, so I can see why that would strike you as too "basic" :x :lol: Ha, speaking of "I See Fire," I think our contrasting reactions to that song parallel our feelings about "Alice"...

Tansike wrote:1 (1) Within Temptation feat. Jacoby Shaddix – The Reckoning
2 (NEW) Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper – Shallow
5 (NEW) Alan Walker & Sophia Somajo – Diamond Heart
7 (4) Nick Jonas & Robin Schulz – Right Now
11 (8) Avril Lavigne – Head Above Water
12 (3) Rita Ora – Let You Love Me
13 (6) Ariana Grande – God Is A Woman *P*
15 (14) Cher – Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight)
16 (15) Calvin Harris & Sam Smith – Promises
17 (11) Lana Del Rey – Mariners Apartment Complex
18 (7) Ariana Grande – No Tears Left To Cry *2xP*
19 (10) BTS feat. Nicki Minaj – Idol
20 (9) Inna – No Help
21 (12) Carrie Underwood – Love Wins
22 (16) Troye Sivan – Bloom
23 (18) Lindsey Stirling – First Light *P*
24 (13) Years & Years – All For You
25 (RE) Mylène Farmer & LP – N’oublie pas
30 (RE) Shawn Mendes (& Zedd) – Lost In Japan
31 (26) Nicki Minaj – Ganja Burn
32 (19) Kesha – Here Comes The Change
36 (29) Bebe Rexha – I’m A Mess *P*
37 (RE) David Guetta feat. Anne-Marie – Don’t Leave Me Alone
39 (32) Amy Shark – I Said Hi *G*
• Three straight weeks for "The Reckoning" :o I didn't realize only two other songs had managed that many (or more) this year! Impressive indeed.
• I was definitely blown away by how good Bradley sounds on "Shallow." I'd mostly just associated him with comedies, and had NO idea he can sing like that!
• I've never heard of Sophia Somajo before, but she and Alan Walker have created something pretty fabulous here!
• A bit bummed to see both "Head Above Water" and "Let You Love Me" leave the Top 10 already, but you did say it was a surprisingly competitive week.
• Lovin' that new peak for "N’oublie pas" thanks to the album effect!
• Looks like Dancing Queen did...OK? The idea of doing an entire covers album dedicated to a single act does strike me as a bit odd, especially when some of those hits are SO well-known in their original form (in addition to many other covers over the years). I get that it ties in well to her role in Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again, but it's a little hard for me to get truly excited about/immersed in this project. Most of her renditions just seem...fine?

Yet another tempting chart, Tansike! :D
phoenix98
Legend

Postby Tansike » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:03 pm

heppolo wrote:
Tansike wrote:^ I heard a lot about them in the past but never checked them out. Maybe i should do that... they're also female-fronted, right?
Female & also some Male vocals
Ah thanks! I'm always here for female-fronted bands and don't mind if there are some male vocals too. I just have my problems if they're just male-fronted :oops:
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:10 pm

phoenix98 wrote:Smart! I have way too many proofreading fails :lol: or I'll think of something I really want to add to my post immediately after I hit "Submit."
Oh, the latter happened to me a few times already :lol: But in the end, my English skills still aren’t the best so I’m sure there are still some mistakes in my posts, but more like phrasing mistakes and not spelling mistakes.

phoenix98 wrote:Ah, that's a fair point - she could easily pass for younger than her actual 26. Ha, you and your daddies, eh? ;) Does this mean your partner is actually much older than he looks...?

Of height, of course! Or waistline, maybe. Nothing else, though! Ha, I've always heard 13 associated with bad luck, but I like the idea of you doing something different than the usual 10th, 15th, 20th anniversary.
Yes, I still can’t believe she’s 26! She’s more like… forever 21!
Hmm… I never told you how old he is?! So… what would you guess?
Spoiler:
He’ll be 37 later this month, and I’ll be 27 in December, so we are ten years apart :wink:

Ah good. I already thought you mean something else…
Well isn’t it like 50/50… half of the persons I know say ‘13’ is a bad luck number, the other half says it’s a lucky number. My birthday has a ‘13’ in it, it was a Friday the 13th and the time I was born has a 13 as well, so I have to look at it as a lucky number :lol:

phoenix98 wrote: :o I'd forgotten that it actually did far worse than "Maps" in several other markets! No. 27 in the UK, No. 62 in Australia...
Yes, that’s why I was surprised when you said it peaked that high in the US. I thought it was quite an underperformance everywhere. I also remembered it that way, as it’s one of my most favorite songs ever by them and I still remember how disappointed I was by its charts performance :o

phoenix98 wrote:It's definitely a wild ride that most people will never get to experience, so they're lucky in that regard. I hope they get a fair share of the profits, though (it's not something like 95% goes to the label and the band has to split the remaining 5% among themselves) :lol: I don't think they often write or produce their own stuff either, which hurts how much they can continue to make off these songs in the future.

Damn, it's like he has a photographic memory for dance steps! I'm sure you can still impress him with some moves of your own, though ;) Just maybe not on the dancefloor...
That’s an interesting thought. Knowing how strict some contracts are for Asian artists, I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s actually really the way you say (95% label, the rest for the band). But even that way I kinda feel like they’re making so much money at the moment they should definitely be able to live with that money for the rest of their lives – if they don’t throw it out of the window.

Yep, it’s incredible! His band had a performance on Saturday and I was there too, and on one song they had a little dance routine and it was fun to see how good he’s at dancing & singing while the others struggled a little bit by combining both :oops:
Hmmm…. no comment…. yes :P
I think we already talked about this in the past though I’m not really sure, so I’m just asking: Are you a good dancer? :)

phoenix98 wrote:Excellent point! I guess you'll just have to start doing it every morning - lights on, windows open - until I get a chance to walk by myself to confirm. :D
You could just walk by at my place where I live, that’s much less risky than at my office place :lol:

phoenix98 wrote:Are they seriously calling "Lost In Japan" the second single now? I guess "Youth" and "Nervous" were just buzz-second-singles...? :lol:
Yeah, there was an article on Billboard stating it’s the second single. Maybe it was wrong though… but that would make sense why “Youth” and “Nervous” weren’t really promoted, which is a shame, as they are both good. “Lost In Japan” is good too, but I’m not really a fan of this new remix… What do you think?

phoenix98 wrote:I saw her name when I Googled the lyrics to "The Reckoning", since it marked who sings each part of the song.
Oh – you googled the lyrics? :o

phoenix98 wrote:I already hate you for it, tbh. :cry: :cry: :cry:

<3
:cry: :cry: :cry:

I finally checked it out. It’s not bad! As expected, I’m not blown away, but I also have to admit I thought it’s weaker, so it definitely surpassed my expectations :oops:

phoenix98 wrote:Thankfully, the UK seems to be on-board, since it's already gone Top 10 there (after "Girls" never made it higher than No. 22). I won't hold my breath for a hit in the US, though :x For some reason, she's always gotten the cold shoulder here (aside from "Black Widow," and I think that one's success had much more to do with Iggy being on a hot streak at the time).
Yes, I saw that too – and I’m so happy about that! She’s smashing in the UK. Will be exciting to see how the album will do, her debut ‘only’ went Platinum there (it’s at around 360k which isn’t that outstanding for the 2012 standards). From what I remember, none of her songs really took off in the US, right? That’s a shame, especially for the brilliant “Anywhere” :(

phoenix98 wrote: :oops: :oops: :oops: I mean...it was an opportunity for her to showcase her voice...I guess? It never made my chart, though. :oops: :oops: :oops:
…and I assume you don’t like it? It’s actually my most favorite song from her :oops: :cry:

phoenix98 wrote:I do like "Whatever It Takes" and "Born To Be Yours" (though neither hooked me quite as much as "Thunder"). I was pretty underwhelmed by/disinterested in both "Next To Me" and "Natural." "Zero" definitely feels like their poppiest offering in a while, so I can see why that would strike you as too "basic" :x :lol: Ha, speaking of "I See Fire," I think our contrasting reactions to that song parallel our feelings about "Alice"...
Interesting! Well, since they announced the new album (already!) there’s a chance “Zero” may grow on me as it will be on it. “Natural” too. I just feel like it’s a bit too soon as “Evolve” still had so many strong tunes left, especially the brilliant “I’ll Make It Up To You” :(
Awww at “I See Fire” :( I think we already talked about Ed’s discography in general a while ago and I think it never appeared on your charts from what I remember, right?

phoenix98 wrote: • Three straight weeks for "The Reckoning" :o I didn't realize only two other songs had managed that many (or more) this year! Impressive indeed.
• I was definitely blown away by how good Bradley sounds on "Shallow." I'd mostly just associated him with comedies, and had NO idea he can sing like that!
• I've never heard of Sophia Somajo before, but she and Alan Walker have created something pretty fabulous here!
• A bit bummed to see both "Head Above Water" and "Let You Love Me" leave the Top 10 already, but you did say it was a surprisingly competitive week.
• Lovin' that new peak for "N’oublie pas" thanks to the album effect!
• Looks like Dancing Queen did...OK? The idea of doing an entire covers album dedicated to a single act does strike me as a bit odd, especially when some of those hits are SO well-known in their original form (in addition to many other covers over the years). I get that it ties in well to her role in Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again, but it's a little hard for me to get truly excited about/immersed in this project. Most of her renditions just seem...fine?

Yet another tempting chart, Tansike! :D
Hm? I guess you have this from my little text of my charts, do you? If so, it says it’s the third song with three or more consecutive weeks at #1, but it also says there are six songs in total with three ore more weeks at #1 :)

Same for me! He’s actually a very good singer :o It’s so exciting to be a fan of Gaga at the moment as she’s doing incredibly well on iTunes with the Soundtrack <3

I also have no idea who Sophia Somajo is, but she sounds like Sia, don’t you think so? Glad to hear you enjoy this new song by Alan Walker, especially because we just talked about his discography not long ago.

It really was, otherwise they would’ve stayed there. It’s a pity especially for Avril as I thought she’d reach a new peak that week, and then all the new release came along… but I feel like both songs will hang on for quite a while and will end up as nice hits, so that’s what matters in the end :)

“N’oublie pas” is definitely a highlight of the album :D

Do you mean on my charts or overall? It’s her first entry on my album charts so I think #4 is good enough, plus “Gimme!” is already her biggest hit ever. Overall, I feel like this is such a surprise hit for Cher… but musically, I have to say I expected more songs that would be like “Gimme!”. That one has lots of energy, and some songs on the album don’t have that. So I’m with you on that.

Thanks so much :D
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:57 am

thanks so much for all comments

My Charts - week 41/2018 – 11 october 2018 - A Star Without Me
    Singles Top40
    Image Image Image
Spoiler:
Following a very busy week, we’re back to normal as there are seven new entries and one re-entry on the Singles Top40 this week. As for now, Within Temptation isn’t able to tie Ariana Grande for the longest running number one single of the year, as their “The Reckoning” falls 1-3. The reason is one of the new entries. It's been exactly a year and a half since it all started for Halsey. Well, she already made her charts debut in 2015, but she only was a semi-successful artist up to the point when "Now Or Never" debuted at #7 on the week 15/2017. Since then, Halsey has become one of the most successful artists of the current time, her album "hopeless fountain kingdom" made it to the third spot on the Year-End Charts 2017 and she earned two 'Mammy Awards' - Album and Artist of the Year. So it's fitting to see her new single "Without Me" immediately debuting atop the charts this week. It’s already her fifth Top10 entry this year following “Sorry” (#1), “Alone” (#6), “Strangers” (#2) and “Eastside” (#9). Alan Walker & Sophia Somajo complete the Top3 as their “Diamond Heart” switch places with Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper’s “Shallow” (2-5) and rises 5-2.

Other new and re-entries this week: It’s the album release week for Twenty One Pilots, which is the reason behind a fantastic re-entry for their single “Jumpsuit” at #9. The second highest new arrival belongs to Charli XCX and Troye Sivan, as they teamed up on the song “1999” at #16. It’s already the seventh chart entry for Charli in this year alone out of 14 entries in total, while Troye also already scored four previous entries this year. Tori Kelly makes her charts debut on the Singles Top40 as “Never Alone”, a gospel-song featuring Kirk Franklin arrives at #24. It’s a single from her gospel mini-album “Hiding Place”, which already marked her charts debut on the Album Top20 three weeks ago. Two spots lower is the debut position for “Sucker Punch”, the new single by Norwegian pop-singer Sigrid. It’s her third entry to date, with “Strangers” (#5) and “High Five” (#37) being the other two and both also made it onto the charts this year. From a newcomer to a living legend, as Mariah Carey’s “With You” is the next new entry at #30. It’s the follow-up to “GTFO” which is leaving the Top40 this time after just two weeks. Following the flop of “Growing Pains”, Alessia Cara tries it with another single called “Trust My Lonely”. The track also seems to not taking off, though it enters the charts at #33, three spots higher than the peak of the previous single. Last but not least, Country singer Lauren Alaina owns the seventh and final new entry of the week as she’s new at #39 with “Ladies In The ‘90s”. The singer already scored a Top20 hit with “Road Less Traveled” in early 2017.

Other talking points this week: It’s the week after the storm and it already gets clear which ones from the many new arrivals from a week ago may be real hits and which aren’t. The all-star-collaboration “Taki Taki” holds quite well (4-6), Kodaline even reach a new peak with “Brother” (10-8) while Michael Schulte gets his first Top20 notation as “Never Let You Down” rises 26-18. The two Scandinavian artists Aurora and Amaranthe are on the looser side, as the former is dropping 8-20 with “Queendom” while the latter even tumbles down 9-27 with “Countdown”. Inna’s “No Help” still was only available on YouTube up until last week, but the song finally got its iTunes and Apple Music release, which helps the song a little bit (20-14). Meanwhile, two of the biggest hits of the year have to leave the charts with Bebe Rexha’s “I’m A Mess” and Amy Shark’s “I Said Hi”.

Michael Schulte’s “Never Let You Down” is the biggest climber while Amaranthe’s “Countdown” is the biggest loser this week.

1 (NEW) Halsey – Without Me
Chart Run: *1*- / 1w

2 (5) Alan Walker & Sophia Somajo – Diamond Heart
Chart Run: 5-*2*- / 2w

3 (1) Within Temptation feat. Jacoby Shaddix – The Reckoning
Chart Run: *1*-1-1-3- / 4w

4 (3) Stefanie Heinzmann feat. Alle Farben – Build A House
Chart Run: 17-*3*-4- / 3w

5 (2) Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper – Shallow
Chart Run: *2*-5- / 2w

6 (4) DJ Snake feat. Selena Gomez, Cardi B & Ozuna – Taki Taki
Chart Run: *4*-6- / 2w

7 (6) Lana Del Rey – Venice Bitch
Chart Run: *2*-6-7- / 3w

8 (10) Kodaline – Brother
Chart Run: 10-*8*- / 2w

9 (RE) Twenty One Pilots – Jumpsuit
Chart Run: 10-*7*-10-15-20-39-Out-RE 9- / 7w

10 (7) Nick Jonas & Robin Schulz – Right Now
Chart Run: 5-*3*-4-6-4-7-10- / 7w

11 (12) Rita Ora – Let You Love Me
Chart Run: *3*-12-11- / 3w

12 (13) Ariana Grande – God Is A Woman *P*
Chart Run: *1*-2-1-1-1-2-4-6-5-5-6-13-12- / 13w

13 (11) Avril Lavigne – Head Above Water
Chart Run: *8*-11-13- / 3w

14 (20) Inna – No Help
Chart Run: *1*-2-9-20-14- / 5w

15 (14) Noah Cyrus & Gallant – Mad At You
Chart Run: *3*-8-5-14-15- / 5w

16 (NEW) Charli XCX & Troye Sivan – 1999
Chart Run: *16*- / 1w

17 (18) Ariana Grande – No Tears Left To Cry *2xP*
Chart Run: *1*-1-4-9-5-3-4-9-12-8-9-5-2-3-6-8-10-1-3-2-2-4-7-18-17- / 25w

18 (26) Michael Schulte – Never Let You Down
Chart Run: 26-*18*- / 2w

19 (16) Calvin Harris & Sam Smith – Promises
Chart Run: 26-22-15-*12*-15-15-16-19- / 8w

20 (8) Aurora – Queendom
Chart Run: *8*-20- / 2w

21 (19) BTS feat. Nicki Minaj – Idol
Chart Run: *2*-7-6-9-10-19-21- / 7w

22 (15) Cher – Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight)
Chart Run: 21-12-*9*-13-16-14-15-22- / 8w

23 (21) Carrie Underwood – Love Wins
Chart Run: *1*-8-7-12-21-23- / 6w

24 (NEW) Tori Kelly feat. Kirk Franklin – Never Alone
Chart Run: *24*- / 1w

25 (22) Troye Sivan – Bloom
Chart Run: 39-Out-RE 10-*7*-11-16-22-25- / 7w

26 (NEW) Sigrid – Sucker Punch
Chart Run: *26*- / 1w

27 (9) Amaranthe – Countdown
Chart Run: *9*-27- / 2w

28 (17) Lana Del Rey – Mariners Apartment Complex
Chart Run: *3*-11-17-28- / 4w

29 (23) Lindsey Stirling – First Light *P*
Chart Run: *1*-3-5-5-5-6-6-11-14-20-17-13-18-23-29- / 15w

30 (NEW) Mariah Carey – With You
Chart Run: *30*- / 1w

31 (24) Years & Years – All For You
Chart Run: *13*-24-31- / 3w

32 (27) Carrie Underwood feat. Ludacris – The Champion
Chart Run: *3*-5-16-24-Out-RE 23-33-27-32- / 8w

33 (NEW) Alessia Cara – Trust My Lonely
Chart Run: *33*- / 1w

34 (31) Nicki Minaj – Ganja Burn
Chart Run: *5*-8-19-14-21-26-31-34- / 8w

35 (37) David Guetta feat. Anne-Marie – Don’t Leave Me Alone
Chart Run: *20*-30-38-Out-RE 37-35- / 5w

36 (28) Muse – Pressure
Chart Run: *28*-36- / 2w

37 (25) Mylène Farmer & LP – N’oublie pas
Chart Run: 39-Out-RE *25*-37- / 3w

38 (32) Kesha – Here Comes The Change
Chart Run: *19*-32-38- / 3w

39 (NEW) Lauren Alaina – Ladies In The ‘90s
Chart Run: *39*- / 1w

40 (29) Sotiria & Unheilig – Hallo Leben
Chart Run: *14*-21-29-40- / 4w

Out of Top40
Out (30) Shawn Mendes (& Zedd) – Lost In Japan (5w)
Out (33) Nicki Minaj – Barbie Dreams (3w)
Out (34) Dolly Parton & Sia – Here I Am (3w)
Out (35) Kodaline – Shed A Tear (1w)
Out (36) Bebe Rexha – I’m A Mess *P* (16w)
Out (38) Alison Sudol – Moon (1w)
Out (39) Amy Shark – I Said Hi *G* (12w)
Out (40) Olly Murs feat. Snoop Dogg – Moves (1w)

New certifications
none

Click here for the Certification Database
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:00 am

My Charts - week 41/2018 – 11 october 2018 - A Star Without Me
    Album Top20
    Image Image Image
Spoiler:
Similar to the Singles Top40 it’s also a much calmer week on the Album Top20 compared to a week ago, as two new entries are the only change on the charts this time, though both of them battled for the top spot. In the end, it’s the Soundtrack for ‘A Star Is Born’ which got it, a collaboration between Lady Gaga and actor Bradley Cooper. While this is the very first notation for the latter, “A Star Is Born” becomes Lady Gaga’s fifth consecutive top debut and seventh number one album in total, which is her whole discography. It’s her second entry with a duet album following 2014’s “Cheek To Cheek” with Tony Bennett, which is certified with Gold. All of her other releases – “The Fame”, “The Fame Monster”, “Born This Way”, “ARTPOP” and “Joanne” – are all certified with multiple Platinum, with the 5x Platinum certified “The Fame Monster” being her biggest success to date.

The other new entry is “Trench”, the new album by Twenty One Pilots. Following their big breakthrough with “Blurryface” in early 2016, “Trench” becomes their second chart entry and also second album to peak at the runner-up slot so far. Noah Cyrus’ “Good Cry” EP falls 1-3 after two weeks atop the charts.

Other talking points this week: Ariana Grande’s “Sweetener” (5-4) and Carrie Underwood’s “Cry Pretty” (3-5) both remain in the Top5 for yet another week. Meanwhile, Troye Sivan’s “Bloom” keeps on falling a few spots each week as it’s down 6-8 this time, though it’s still in the upper half and even goes Gold this week. It’s his very first certification ever, as none of his singles or previous albums went Gold so far. Nicki Minaj also has a reason to celebrate as her “Queen” goes Gold too (19-17). Kodaline’s “Politics Of Living” (8-11) and Mylène Farmer’s “Désobéissance” (7-13) have to leave the Top10.

1 (NEW) Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper – A Star Is Born Soundtrack

2 (NEW) Twenty One Pilots – Trench
Chart Run: *2*- / 1w

3 (1) Noah Cyrus – Good Cry EP
Chart Run: *1*-1-3- / 3w

4 (5) Ariana Grande – Sweetener *G*
Chart Run: *1*-2-1-1-3-3-5-4- / 8w

5 (3) Carrie Underwood – Cry Pretty
Chart Run: *1*-2-3-5- / 4w

6 (2) Aurora – Infections Of A Different Kind – Step 1
Chart Run: *2*-6- / 2w

7 (4) Cher – Dancing Queen
Chart Run: *4*-7- / 2w

8 (6) Troye Sivan – Bloom *G*
Chart Run: *2*-2-2-4-6-8- / 6w

9 (9) David Guetta – 7
Chart Run: *4*-6-9-9- / 4w

10 (10) My Indigo – My Indigo *P*
Chart Run: *1*-1-2-4-4-5-7-8-8-7-10-8-5-6-8-9-9-7-9-4-6-5-8-10-10- / 25w

11 (8) Kodaline – Politics Of Living
Chart Run: *8*-11- / 2w

12 (12) Tori Kelly – Hiding Place
Chart Run: *7*-7-12-12- / 4w

13 (7) Mylène Farmer – Désobéissance
Chart Run: *7*-13- / 2w

14 (13) Bebe Rexha – Expectations *P*
Chart Run: *1*-1-1-1-2-2-3-4-6-8-11-12-12-9-13-14- / 16w

15 (16) Vanessa Mai – Schlager *G*
Chart Run: *1*-2-2-1-3-5-10-12-16-15- / 10w

16 (18) Tarja – Act II *G*
Chart Run: *1*-2-3-4-7-12-8-15-20-18-16- / 11w

17 (19) Nicki Minaj – Queen *G*
Chart Run: *1*-3-5-10-7-11-14-19-17- / 9w

18 (15) Lindsey Stirling – Brave Enough *3xP*
Chart Run: *1*-1-1-3-3-2-6-7-6-9-11-10-8-11-14-9-7-8-14-10-2-2-1-1-4-8-10-7-2-1-4-5-8-13-16-14-12-11-3-8-11-7-11-8-7-8-11-14-18-12-13-16-18-20-Out-RE 11-12-12-19-Out-RE 15-18-Out-RE 18-Out-RE 18-Out-RE 15-14-18-16-19-Out-RE 13-11-15-18- / 71w

19 (11) MarieMarie – O
Chart Run: *11*-19- / 2w

20 (14) Christine And The Queens – Chris
Chart Run: *5*-14-20- / 3w

Out of Top20
Out (17) Beyond The Black – Heart Of The Hurricane (4w)
Out (20) Jain – Souldier (6w)

New certifications
”Bloom” by Troye Sivan and “Queen” by Nicki Minaj go GOLD (100+ points)

Tansike
Legend

Postby heppolo » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:47 am

27 (9) Amaranthe – Countdown
Chart Run: *9*-27- / 2w

The drop is real...I am actually alright with this one.
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby Tansike » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:01 am

^ The song didn't really get me (yet). I hope the album release in a week may change this.

Also, even though i'm still quite new to Amaranthe (this will be my second album by them), i already feel like the thing they're doing is the same over and over and over again.
Tansike
Legend

Postby stevyy » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:13 pm

yass at the WY debut. A future #1, I assume.
stevyy
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:11 am

I just checked out your #1, and it's so uneventful. :oops:

I also listened to "Pressure", and I liked it. :)

I notice "With You" debuted at #30. Hope it climbs this week!

Oh, and it's interesting how I was just writing in JakeP's thread that the Alan Walker song featured Kerli-esque vocals, and now I see the track here. I don't know if I was just imagining that because of the song title, though. :lol:

1 (NEW) Halsey – Without Me
6 (4) DJ Snake feat. Selena Gomez, Cardi B & Ozuna – Taki Taki
7 (6) Lana Del Rey – Venice Bitch
32 (27) Carrie Underwood feat. Ludacris – The Champion
36 (28) Muse – Pressure

Tansike wrote:Thanks for checking out "The Reckoning" and i'm very happy to hear you're enjoying it!
Believe it or not, but I actually remember VERY well how you checked out their song "Paradise (What About Us?)" featuring Tarja nearly exactly five years ago (it was their last lead single) and the reason why I remember it so well is because you were so impressed with their vocal performances, and it even made your daily chart <3
Aw, it's sweet that you remember this! :D
Franklin’s music profoundly touched and changed the world, because over and over it offered that bridge to salvation, to freedom.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby phoenix98 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:30 pm

Tansike wrote:Oh, the latter happened to me a few times already :lol: But in the end, my English skills still aren’t the best so I’m sure there are still some mistakes in my posts, but more like phrasing mistakes and not spelling mistakes.
You've got a MUCH better excuse than I do there :lol: I'm definitely harder on my own mistakes/typos than others', though. As long as I can understand what they're trying to convey, it's all good. I think you come across INCREDIBLY well, considering English isn't your first/main language! Actually, on that note, I don't think I've ever asked when/how you learned English...

Tansike wrote:Yes, I still can’t believe she’s 26! She’s more like… forever 21!
Hmm… I never told you how old he is?! So… what would you guess?
Spoiler:
He’ll be 37 later this month, and I’ll be 27 in December, so we are ten years apart :wink:
:o :o :o I never would've guessed! Not like that's SO old or anything, but I definitely assumed he was younger based on the few pics I've seen of him/you two together. So THAT'S your perfect type: older, but still looks your age? ;)

Tansike wrote:Well isn’t it like 50/50… half of the persons I know say ‘13’ is a bad luck number, the other half says it’s a lucky number. My birthday has a ‘13’ in it, it was a Friday the 13th and the time I was born has a 13 as well, so I have to look at it as a lucky number :lol:
:o You were born on Friday the 13th? That's awesome! I don't think I've ever asked: are you into horror movies at all?

Tansike wrote:Yep, it’s incredible! His band had a performance on Saturday and I was there too, and on one song they had a little dance routine and it was fun to see how good he’s at dancing & singing while the others struggled a little bit by combining both :oops:
Hmmm…. no comment…. yes :P
I think we already talked about this in the past though I’m not really sure, so I’m just asking: Are you a good dancer? :)
Awesome! Where did they perform? Your man should bring you up on stage sometime ;) Ha, I definitely LIKE to dance (after a few drinks), but the results usually aren't pretty...

Tansike wrote:You could just walk by at my place where I live, that’s much less risky than at my office place :lol:
:o So you always leave the windows wide open whenever your man's over, eh? ;) Good to know...

Tansike wrote:Yeah, there was an article on Billboard stating it’s the second single. Maybe it was wrong though… but that would make sense why “Youth” and “Nervous” weren’t really promoted, which is a shame, as they are both good. “Lost In Japan” is good too, but I’m not really a fan of this new remix… What do you think?
Eh, the original didn't do much for me, so I guess this is a slight improvement...but I still wish they'd done more with "Nervous" instead. :(

Tansike wrote:Oh – you googled the lyrics? :o
Ha, yeah, I was seeing if they might give me more inspiration for my "Yet another ____________ chart" sign-off at the end of my post, since I don't know many synonyms or wordplay for "reckoning." :lol:

Tansike wrote:I finally checked it out. It’s not bad! As expected, I’m not blown away, but I also have to admit I thought it’s weaker, so it definitely surpassed my expectations :oops:
Phew! I'll gladly take that review :lol: I think the fact that Miguel gets so much of the track to himself helps the song make a better impression on people who usually aren't as crazy about Mariah.

Tansike wrote:Yes, I saw that too – and I’m so happy about that! She’s smashing in the UK. Will be exciting to see how the album will do, her debut ‘only’ went Platinum there (it’s at around 360k which isn’t that outstanding for the 2012 standards). From what I remember, none of her songs really took off in the US, right? That’s a shame, especially for the brilliant “Anywhere” :(
Yeah :cry: Her biggest Hot 100 hit (aside from "Black Widow") has been the No. 62-peaking "How We Do (Party)." WAY too many British acts (with plenty of mainstream hit potential) get snubbed here, and I TRULY don't get it (Rita, Little Mix, Cheryl Cole/Girls Aloud, Years & Years, Jess Glynne, etc).

...but at least "Let You Love Me" is officially a UK Top 5 smash now! :D

Tansike wrote:…and I assume you don’t like it? It’s actually my most favorite song from her :oops: :cry:
Oh dear :oops: I guess it really IS another "I See Fire" situation for us...

Tansike wrote:Hm? I guess you have this from my little text of my charts, do you? If so, it says it’s the third song with three or more consecutive weeks at #1, but it also says there are six songs in total with three ore more weeks at #1 :)
Whoops! Well, there's a perfect example of a proofreading/closer-reading fail on my part. :lol:

Tansike wrote:Do you mean on my charts or overall? It’s her first entry on my album charts so I think #4 is good enough, plus “Gimme!” is already her biggest hit ever. Overall, I feel like this is such a surprise hit for Cher… but musically, I have to say I expected more songs that would be like “Gimme!”. That one has lots of energy, and some songs on the album don’t have that. So I’m with you on that.
Ah, OK - so we're both somewhat underwhelmed by the album overall, but for different reasons. I think some of the ballads (especially "One Of Us," but also "Chiquitita") actually stand out/redeem the album the most. A lot of the uptempos feel too similar to the originals for me (or they just don't offer an interesting enough twist to make me want to play them over the originals, or even over other cover versions, like the A*Teens's "Mamma Mia").

Tansike wrote:1 (NEW) Halsey – Without Me
10 (7) Nick Jonas & Robin Schulz – Right Now
14 (20) Inna – No Help
19 (16) Calvin Harris & Sam Smith – Promises
38 (32) Kesha – Here Comes The Change
• YES! I didn't want to get my hopes up, since we weren't on the same page with "Alone," so I'm really pleased to see that "Without Me" clicked with you too! Here's hoping the general public appreciates it more than they did "Alone" too. **Fingers crossed**
• Nice little rebound for "Let You Love Me."
• I was so excited for "1999," and it's just...fine. I mean, I'd still take it over most of the stuff that's smashing on the Hot 100 right now :lol: but both Charli and Troye have done SO much more for me before, this just feels like a leftover/afterthought by comparison.
• "GTFO" didn't stick around for long, but at least "With You" swooped in soon after! Could Caution become your first Mariah album experience...? :wink:
• Speaking of not sticking around, poor "All For You" really needs to slow down!
• I haven't seen A Star Is Born, but I added the solo-Gaga songs to my library to treat like a new EP from her. Since the soundtrack managed that No. 1 debut, which tracks have you been enjoying besides "Shallow"?

Yet another chart that's fine with me, Tansike! :D
phoenix98
Legend

Postby Tansike » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:35 am

stevyy wrote:yass at the WY debut. A future #1, I assume.
Not on my charts though :( It's nice, but weaker than "GTFO". It's likely to already leave this week, but maybe the album release will bring it back in the future :)
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:39 am

JSparksFan wrote:I just checked out your #1, and it's so uneventful. :oops:

I also listened to "Pressure", and I liked it. :)

I notice "With You" debuted at #30. Hope it climbs this week!

Oh, and it's interesting how I was just writing in JakeP's thread that the Alan Walker song featured Kerli-esque vocals, and now I see the track here. I don't know if I was just imagining that because of the song title, though. :lol:
Aww... sad to hear you don't like Halsey's new track that much. I think it's very catchy and a strong pop tune. Not as strong as some of her stuff on "hopeless fountain kingdom" (her last album), but still strong enough for a new single. But i don't remember you being enthusiastic about any of her tracks, so you're not the biggest fan of her anyway, right?

Glad you enjoyed "Pressure", definitely the best Muse has released from their upcoming album so far!

Kerli-esque vocals? :o I never even thought about this, but it's actually a great thought :o
I also had to think about Kerli's song with a similar name though :wink:

Tansike wrote:
JSparksFan wrote:Thanks for checking out "The Reckoning" and i'm very happy to hear you're enjoying it!
Believe it or not, but I actually remember VERY well how you checked out their song "Paradise (What About Us?)" featuring Tarja nearly exactly five years ago (it was their last lead single) and the reason why I remember it so well is because you were so impressed with their vocal performances, and it even made your daily chart <3
Aw, it's sweet that you remember this! :D
Of course <3 :D
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:23 am

phoenix98 wrote:You've got a MUCH better excuse than I do there :lol: I'm definitely harder on my own mistakes/typos than others', though. As long as I can understand what they're trying to convey, it's all good. I think you come across INCREDIBLY well, considering English isn't your first/main language! Actually, on that note, I don't think I've ever asked when/how you learned English...
Thanks! :) Interesting point, as I’m surprisingly also quite harsh on mistakes/typos made by others. I don’t see my own mistakes/typos all the time, but you can give me a huge text by someone else and the first thing I see are the mistakes/typos (if there are any).
Well, I learned it in school. We have nine grades here and I had it from seventh to ninth grade, plus two and a half years during my apprenticeship (as I always had two days school a week and one of my subjects was English). Though I never really learned for school so most of my English skills actually come from UKMix. When I joined in January 2012 I was much worse with English but writing on here has helped me a lot.
Also, I never talked it (only had to write it), but since last year, my partner’s sister in law lives in Switzerland and moved here from the US (Texas) so there’s also finally someone I can speak to in English.

phoenix98 wrote: :o :o :o I never would've guessed! Not like that's SO old or anything, but I definitely assumed he was younger based on the few pics I've seen of him/you two together. So THAT'S your perfect type: older, but still looks your age? ;)
Haha yeah he’s very lucky with his genes :lol: Honestly, age is just a number. Sometimes he’s acting much younger than I do and sometimes it’s the other way. It already happened that the age difference wasn’t helpful (as I’m still not used to things he’s used to) but overall it really doesn’t matter at all in our case. On one side, yes, I enjoy having a man who is older and can show me things, on another side I’m sure I also wouldn’t mind having someone younger. I never really thought about it and it is how it is.

phoenix98 wrote: :o You were born on Friday the 13th? That's awesome! I don't think I've ever asked: are you into horror movies at all?
Yes, I was born on Friday the 13th… no, not at all :( Like, really not at all. I always get nightmares watching horror movies. Sometimes I’m trying it out and now I’m at least ‘able’ to watch things like Alien but I guess you mean other horror movies, right? Do you like them?

phoenix98 wrote:Awesome! Where did they perform? Your man should bring you up on stage sometime ;) Ha, I definitely LIKE to dance (after a few drinks), but the results usually aren't pretty...
They actually performed in a cave, a very unusual location. Oh I don’t think I’d enjoy that! :lol:
Ah so similar like me! :)

phoenix98 wrote: :o So you always leave the windows wide open whenever your man's over, eh? ;) Good to know...
:lol:

phoenix98 wrote:Eh, the original didn't do much for me, so I guess this is a slight improvement...but I still wish they'd done more with "Nervous" instead. :(
Ah, interesting! The original used to be such a big fan favorite so I assumed you also enjoyed it more than the remix! I also wish they’d gone with “Nervous”, a full treatment for “Youth” or something completely different. I don’t see this remix doing well on the charts. Maybe the article which wrote ‘2nd single’ was just a random one and doesn’t really mean something…

phoenix98 wrote:Ha, yeah, I was seeing if they might give me more inspiration for my "Yet another ____________ chart" sign-off at the end of my post, since I don't know many synonyms or wordplay for "reckoning." :lol:
That’s amazing! <3 :oops: :lol:

phoenix98 wrote:Phew! I'll gladly take that review :lol: I think the fact that Miguel gets so much of the track to himself helps the song make a better impression on people who usually aren't as crazy about Mariah.
That’s true. Well, I don’t even have a problem with Mariah’s voice. If she has the material, I’d be definitely here for her. I’m actually low-key excited for her upcoming release :)
Talking about her… do you have a favorite album by her? Like, if I’d have the time to check something out from her, which one would you recommend the most?

phoenix98 wrote:Yeah :cry: Her biggest Hot 100 hit (aside from "Black Widow") has been the No. 62-peaking "How We Do (Party)." WAY too many British acts (with plenty of mainstream hit potential) get snubbed here, and I TRULY don't get it (Rita, Little Mix, Cheryl Cole/Girls Aloud, Years & Years, Jess Glynne, etc).

...but at least "Let You Love Me" is officially a UK Top 5 smash now! :D
Ouch! I knew her Hot 100 stats aren’t the best, but I thought one of “Your Song”/”Anywhere” at least made the Top50 or so :o So true about the British acts, I already wondered the same years ago…

phoenix98 wrote:Oh dear :oops: I guess it really IS another "I See Fire" situation for us...
:cry: :cry: :cry:

phoenix98 wrote:Whoops! Well, there's a perfect example of a proofreading/closer-reading fail on my part. :lol:
<3

phoenix98 wrote:Ah, OK - so we're both somewhat underwhelmed by the album overall, but for different reasons. I think some of the ballads (especially "One Of Us," but also "Chiquitita") actually stand out/redeem the album the most. A lot of the uptempos feel too similar to the originals for me (or they just don't offer an interesting enough twist to make me want to play them over the originals, or even over other cover versions, like the A*Teens's "Mamma Mia").
Hmmm… it’s been just a week and my view on the album already changed, as I’m surprisingly already over it now :o Like, it’s nice and all, but after hearing it a few times I suddenly got the feeling like it’s just a simple karaoke album. It’s fun at times but overall I don’t even see the purpose of this if ABBA’s originals are just *SO* good. So as you say, doing covers which are so similar to the originals just isn’t the best idea. But hey, it seems to work really well for her on a commercial level so that’s cool.

phoenix98 wrote:• YES! I didn't want to get my hopes up, since we weren't on the same page with "Alone," so I'm really pleased to see that "Without Me" clicked with you too! Here's hoping the general public appreciates it more than they did "Alone" too. **Fingers crossed**
• Nice little rebound for "Let You Love Me."
• I was so excited for "1999," and it's just...fine. I mean, I'd still take it over most of the stuff that's smashing on the Hot 100 right now :lol: but both Charli and Troye have done SO much more for me before, this just feels like a leftover/afterthought by comparison.
• "GTFO" didn't stick around for long, but at least "With You" swooped in soon after! Could Caution become your first Mariah album experience...? :wink:
• Speaking of not sticking around, poor "All For You" really needs to slow down!
• I haven't seen A Star Is Born, but I added the solo-Gaga songs to my library to treat like a new EP from her. Since the soundtrack managed that No. 1 debut, which tracks have you been enjoying besides "Shallow"?

Yet another chart that's fine with me, Tansike! :D
*fingers crossed* that’d be awesome! It’s such a catchy pop track. On one side I’m sad she’s already moving on considering how much I love(d) “hopeless fountain kingdom” – I still think there are some brilliant tunes left which deserved a video. On another side, I’m glad she’s already moving on and keeps on releasing great tunes. She’s having an incredible run for me and I’m so happy this song also clicked with you <3

I can see “Let You Love Me” being quite stable for the upcoming few weeks :)

Oh thank god! I was afraid I’d be the only one who is underwhelmed by “1999”. I mean, it’s Charli XCX AND Troye. I expected something more epic. That way it’s a nice but also quite forgettable song, so I’m completely on your side with this.

It could – and I’m sorry, I just remembered that I already own one of her albums, though it’s not a proper one: “Merry Christmas”!

I’m afraid “All For You” was released during the wrong time for me :( But at least it’s already more successful than “If You’re Over Me”…

Mostly the Gaga songs, especially “Why Did You Do That?”, “Heal Me”, “Before I Cry” and “Always Remember Us This Way”. The soundtrack has been such a positive surprise for me and I hope I can watch the movie soon – I just need someone else to come with me :cry: Can’t wait to hear your feedback about the Gaga songs, they’re really good!

Thank you so much :D
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:01 am

thanks so much for all comments

My Charts - week 42/2018 – 18 october 2018 - just keep Breathin
    Singles Top40
    Image Image Image
Spoiler:
Following a rather surprising release of a video for “Breathin”, Ariana Grande’s track finally makes its way to the Singles Top40 and immediately becomes her fourth song to debut at number one this year alone, following “No Tears Left To Cry”, “The Light Is Coming” and “God Is A Woman”, which still owns the title as the longest running number one single of the year with four weeks. “Breathin” serves as the third official single of her fourth album “Sweetener”, and it’s her 14th chart topper and 29th chart entry in total. 2018 ties 2014 as the year with most number one entries for Ariana now, as “Problem”, “Break Free”, “Best Mistake” and “Love Me Harder” all reached the summit back then. It’s a great week for Ariana overall, as her other two singles also increase this week, with “God Is A Woman” jumping back up 12-5 and “No Tears Left To Cry” returning 17-11.

It’s not the most exciting week when it comes to new entries, as apart from “Breathin”, only four more new and two re-entries made it onto the charts. The Top3 from last week all just go down one spot each with Halsey’s “Without Me” (1-2), Alan Walker’s “Diamond Heart” (2-3) and Within Temptation’s “The Reckoning” (3-4).

Other new and re-entries this week: British girl group Little Mix are back with the new lead single their upcoming new album, which will simply be called “LM5”. The track is called “Woman Like Me” and is new at #16, which is their third Top20 hit and seventh chart entry in total. The track features Nicki Minaj, who has made nine entries on the Top40 in this year alone now. It’s a very good week for former ESC contestants. While Michael Schulte reaches a new peak with “Never Let You Down” this week as well (18-13), there are three new entries by former ESC contestants this week. The highest one belongs to Anna Rossinelli, the Swiss contestant from 2011. Her (or their) new single “Hold Your Head Up” debuts at #19, closely followed by Mikolas Josef, who represented the Czech Republic this year. His new single is called “Me Gusta” and enters the charts at #20. Benjamin Ingrosso is also from this year and represented Sweden. He’s also getting another entry with the single “Behave” at #26 following the release of his debut album.

The two re-entries both belong to the same artist, and that’s Jess Glynne. The singer has finally released her second album “Always In Between”, which has spawned the two singles “I’ll Be There” and “All I Am” so far. Apart from her Clean Bandit collaboration “Rather Be” (#20 in 2014) and the surprise hit “Take Me Home” (#3 in 2016) the singer has yet to get another Top20 hit, as both of the latest singles also underperformed so far. But the album release boost brings “All I Am” to a new peak (#25) and “I’ll Be There” to its previous peak (#36).

Other talking points this week: The video release for “Taki Taki” didn’t bring the expected hype and so the song falls down a few spots for yet another week (6-8). “Jumpsuit” by Twenty One Pilots (9-12) and more surprisingly “Right Now” by Nick Jonas and Robin Schulz (10-17) have to leave the Top10, though the latter goes Gold this week. Also rather unexpected is the drop for Avril Lavigne’s “Head Above Water”, which drops 13-21 in its fourth week. “Never Alone” by Tori Kelly moves up 24-23 for a new peak, while Years & Years’ “All For You” (31-28) and Sotiria & Unheilig’s “Hallo Leben” (40-37) are both able to rise as well even though they fell a lot in the past weeks.

Ariana Grande’s “God Is A Woman” is the biggest climber while Aurora’s “Queendom” tumbles down 20-39 as the biggest loser this week.

1 (NEW) Ariana Grande – Breathin

2 (1) Halsey – Without Me
Chart Run: *1*-2- / 2w

3 (2) Alan Walker & Sophia Somajo – Diamond Heart
Chart Run: 5-*2*-3- / 3w

4 (3) Within Temptation feat. Jacoby Shaddix – The Reckoning
Chart Run: *1*-1-1-3-4- / 5w

5 (12) Ariana Grande – God Is A Woman *P*
Chart Run: *1*-2-1-1-1-2-4-6-5-5-6-13-12-5- / 14w

6 (5) Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper – Shallow
Chart Run: *2*-5-6- / 3w

7 (4) Stefanie Heinzmann feat. Alle Farben – Build A House
Chart Run: 17-*3*-4-7- / 4w

8 (6) DJ Snake feat. Selena Gomez, Cardi B & Ozuna – Taki Taki
Chart Run: *4*-6-8- / 3w

9 (8) Kodaline – Brother
Chart Run: 10-*8*-9- / 3w

10 (7) Lana Del Rey – Venice Bitch
Chart Run: *2*-6-7-10- / 4w

11 (17) Ariana Grande – No Tears Left To Cry *2xP*
Chart Run: *1*-1-4-9-5-3-4-9-12-8-9-5-2-3-6-8-10-1-3-2-2-4-7-18-17-11- / 26w

12 (9) Twenty One Pilots – Jumpsuit
Chart Run: 10-*7*-10-15-20-39-Out-RE 9-12- / 8w

13 (18) Michael Schulte – Never Let You Down
Chart Run: 26-18-*13*- / 3w

14 (11) Rita Ora – Let You Love Me
Chart Run: *3*-12-11-14- / 4w

15 (14) Inna – No Help
Chart Run: *1*-2-9-20-14-15- / 6w

16 (NEW) Little Mix feat. Nicki Minaj – Woman Like Me
Chart Run: *16*- / 1w

17 (10) Nick Jonas & Robin Schulz – Right Now *G*
Chart Run: 5-*3*-4-6-4-7-10-17- / 8w

18 (15) Noah Cyrus & Gallant – Mad At You
Chart Run: *3*-8-5-14-15-18- / 6w

19 (NEW) Anna Rossinelli – Hold Your Head Up
Chart Run: *19*- / 1w

20 (NEW) Mikolas Josef – Me Gusta
Chart Run: *20*- / 1w

21 (13) Avril Lavigne – Head Above Water
Chart Run: *8*-11-13-21- / 4w

22 (19) Calvin Harris & Sam Smith – Promises
Chart Run: 26-22-15-*12*-15-15-16-19-22- / 9w

23 (24) Tori Kelly feat. Kirk Franklin – Never Alone
Chart Run: 24-*23*- / 2w

24 (21) BTS feat. Nicki Minaj – Idol
Chart Run: *2*-7-6-9-10-19-21-24- / 8w

25 (RE) Jess Glynne – All I Am
Chart Run: 30-Out-RE *25*- / 2w

26 (NEW) Benjamin Ingrosso – Behave

27 (25) Troye Sivan – Bloom
Chart Run: 39-Out-RE 10-*7*-11-16-22-25-27- / 8w

28 (31) Years & Years – All For You
Chart Run: *13*-24-31-28- / 4w

29 (16) Charli XCX & Troye Sivan – 1999
Chart Run: *16*-29- / 2w

30 (23) Carrie Underwood – Love Wins
Chart Run: *1*-8-7-12-21-23-30- / 7w

31 (22) Cher – Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight)
Chart Run: 21-12-*9*-13-16-14-15-22-31- / 9w

32 (29) Lindsey Stirling – First Light *P*
Chart Run: *1*-3-5-5-5-6-6-11-14-20-17-13-18-23-29-32- / 16w

33 (26) Sigrid – Sucker Punch
Chart Run: *26*-33- / 2w

34 (33) Alessia Cara – Trust My Lonely
Chart Run: *33*-34- / 2w

35 (34) Nicki Minaj – Ganja Burn
Chart Run: *5*-8-19-14-21-26-31-34-35- / 9w

36 (RE) Jess Glynne – I’ll Be There
Chart Run: *36*-Out-RE 36- / 2w

37 (40) Sotiria & Unheilig – Hallo Leben
Chart Run: *14*-21-29-40-37- / 5w

38 (35) David Guetta feat. Anne-Marie – Don’t Leave Me Alone
Chart Run: *20*-30-38-Out-RE 37-35-38- / 6w

39 (20) Aurora – Queendom
Chart Run: *8*-20-39- / 3w

40 (32) Carrie Underwood feat. Ludacris – The Champion
Chart Run: *3*-5-16-24-Out-RE 23-33-27-32-40- / 9w

Out of Top40
Out (27) Amaranthe – Countdown (2w)
Out (28) Lana Del Rey – Mariners Apartment Complex (4w)
Out (30) Mariah Carey – With You (1w)
Out (36) Muse – Pressure (2w)
Out (37) Mylène Farmer & LP – N’oublie pas (3w)
Out (38) Kesha – Here Comes The Change (3w)
Out (39) Lauren Alaina – Ladies In The ‘90s (1w)

New certifications
”Right Now” by Nick Jonas & Robin Schulz goes GOLD (250+ points)

Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:04 am

My Charts - week 42/2018 – 18 october 2018 - just keep Breathin
    Album Top20
    Image Image Image
Spoiler:
Even though there’s one new arrival more than a week ago, none of the three new releases came even close to be a competition for the top spot. The soundtrack for ‘A Star Is Born' repeats its success from last week and spends a second week atop the charts. It becomes one of five albums with multiple weeks at number one and with Lady Gaga’s name on it, following “The Fame” (two weeks), “Born This Way” (two weeks), “ARTPOP” (three weeks) and “Joanne” (six weeks), plus it’s already the seventh album this year to spend its first two weeks or more atop the charts out of 12 chart topper with multiple weeks atop the charts in total.

Following the success of “Breathin” and also the ongoing performances with “God Is A Woman” and “No Tears Left To Cry”, it’s no surprise to see Ariana Grande’s current album “Sweetener” still being inside the Top5 and even rising 4-2 this week. Depending on this weeks new entries, it may get ten consecutive weeks in the Top5 the next time! Twenty One Pilot’s “Trench” dips 2-3 and makes the Top3 complete. Having made at least a minor impact on this weeks charts is the highest new entry called “Always In Between”, the sophomore studio album by British singer Jess Glynne. The set arrives at #4, which is already better than the #6 peak of her debut “I Cry When I Laugh”. That one debuted and peaked at #8 at first three years ago, but got a second life in early 2016 following the success of her only real hit to date, “Take Me Home”.

Other new entries this week: Benjamin Ingrosso represented Sweden at this years Eurovision Song Contest with the track “Dance You Off”, and the singer has finally released his debut album “Identification”. The set starts at #7 becoming only the second album entry for one of this years ESC contestants following Saara Aalto’s “Wild Wild Wonderland”. Argentinian TV star Martina Stoessel – or simply TINI – already surprised with the success of her debut album “Tini” two years ago (#6, 7 weeks in the Top20). Its follow-up is called “Quiero Volver” and starts a little bit lower at #8. There’s also a re-entry near the bottom of the Album Top20, and that’s most likely the most surprising move about this weeks charts. It’s been three years since Ellie Goulding has released her last album called “Delirium”, and it’s been absolutely quiet around her for ages. And even though there are still no news about an upcoming new music project, the mentioned album “Delirium” is able to make a little comeback this time at #17.

Other talking points this week: Noah Cyrus’ “Good Cry” EP already falls 3-6 after its fantastic start. My Indigo’s “My Indigo” only drops one spot, though it has to leave the upper half of the Album Top20 for the very first time in its 26th charting week (10-11). David Guetta’s “7” (9-13) and Cher’s “Dancing Queen” (7-18) also leave the Top10 this week, with the latter having a rather shocking drop this time.

1 (1) Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper – A Star Is Born Soundtrack
Chart Run: *1*-1- / 2w

2 (4) Ariana Grande – Sweetener *G*
Chart Run: *1*-2-1-1-3-3-5-4-2- / 9w

3 (2) Twenty One Pilots – Trench
Chart Run: *2*-3- / 2w

4 (NEW) Jess Glynne – Always In Between
Chart Run: *4*- / 1w

5 (5) Carrie Underwood – Cry Pretty
Chart Run: *1*-2-3-5-5- / 5w

6 (3) Noah Cyrus – Good Cry EP
Chart Run: *1*-1-3-6- / 4w

7 (NEW) Benjamin Ingrosso – Identification
Chart Run: *7*- / 1w

8 (NEW) Tini – Quiero Volver
Chart Run: *8*- / 1w

9 (6) Aurora – Infections Of A Different Kind – Step 1
Chart Run: *2*-6-9- / 3w

10 (8) Troye Sivan – Bloom *G*
Chart Run: *2*-2-2-4-6-8-10- / 7w

11 (10) My Indigo – My Indigo *P*
Chart Run: *1*-1-2-4-4-5-7-8-8-7-10-8-5-6-8-9-9-7-9-4-6-5-8-10-10-11- / 26w

12 (11) Kodaline – Politics Of Living
Chart Run: *8*-11-12- / 3w

13 (9) David Guetta – 7
Chart Run: *4*-6-9-9-13- / 5w

14 (12) Tori Kelly – Hiding Place
Chart Run: *7*-7-12-12-14- / 5w

15 (14) Bebe Rexha – Expectations *P*
Chart Run: *1*-1-1-1-2-2-3-4-6-8-11-12-12-9-13-14-15- / 17w

16 (13) Mylène Farmer – Désobéissance
Chart Run: *7*-13-16- / 3w

17 (RE) Ellie Goulding – Delirium *P*
Chart Run: *1*-1-2-6-12-15-Out-RE 19-12-3-2-2-6-7-7-10-1-1-1-3-7-12-19-Out-RE 15-14-16-Out-RE 17- / 26w

18 (7) Cher – Dancing Queen
Chart Run: *4*-7-18- / 3w

19 (16) Tarja – Act II *G*
Chart Run: *1*-2-3-4-7-12-8-15-20-18-16-19- / 12w

20 (15) Vanessa Mai – Schlager *G*
Chart Run: *1*-2-2-1-3-5-10-12-16-15-20- / 11w

Out of Top20
Out (17) Nicki Minaj – Queen *G* (9w)
Out (18) Lindsey Stirling – Brave Enough *3xP* (71w)
Out (19) MarieMarie – O (2w)
Out (20) Christine And The Queens – Chris (3w)

New certifications
none

Tansike
Legend

Postby heppolo » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:16 pm

26 (NEW) Benjamin Ingrosso – Behave

It's okay, but still I prefer ''Dance You Off'' and ''Do You Think About Me?" as his singles
heppolo
Legend

Postby JakeP » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:19 pm

Hi Tansike :D

Well it's about time! :P :lol: But i'm so happy that breathin now qualifies for your chart. It's already well on its way to being one of my big songs of the year, and is still holding up strongly in my weekly charts.

The power of the baby pig. :wink: <3

I'm also delighted that Diamond heart was able to improve on its #5 entry as i had a gut feeling that would be its peak. Alan Walker is definitely back at the top of his game with this slice of synth blissfulness. :D

Cool rebound here, is it a knock on effect from the new arrival of breathin. Whatever it is, it's very good. Could the year end chart consist of an all Ariana top 3? :o :P Actually has any artist ever held positions #1, #2 and (or) #3 in your year end charts?

So i might be going to see this on Sunday if all goes to plan. 8-) I was hoping to go last Saturday with my mate but he didn't want to go. Now there's potentially 4 of us going to see the film. If so, it could have an impact on my chart although the results won't be known until my chart dated 27th Oct. Excitement! :D :D

See #5. :lol:

Not gonna lie, i'm slightly disappointed with this. I do like Woman like me and its looking set to enter my chart...but it'll be the girls first lead single from a new album to miss my #1 spot. In fact it might fail to crack my top 10 which is kinda tragic by Little Mix standards. I can only hope the next single will be a more JakeP friendly.

Best of the rest:

9 (8) Kodaline – Brother
JakeP
Superstar

Postby JSparksFan » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:12 am

This just might be your finest #1 of the year, and one of the best ones you've ever had. It's such a therapeutic joy. It's helped me through many stressful work days since August.

On the minus side, you've knocked "With You" out after just a single week on the chart. :lol:

Good debut for "Woman Like Me". That turned out to be a big grower for me.

Excited to see if "Breathin" can fend off the tracks from all those new releases you highlighted in the Random Thought thread!

2 (1) Halsey – Without Me
4 (3) Within Temptation feat. Jacoby Shaddix – The Reckoning
8 (6) DJ Snake feat. Selena Gomez, Cardi B & Ozuna – Taki Taki
20 (NEW) Mikolas Josef – Me Gusta
31 (22) Cher – Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight)

Tansike wrote:Aww... sad to hear you don't like Halsey's new track that much. I think it's very catchy and a strong pop tune. Not as strong as some of her stuff on "hopeless fountain kingdom" (her last album), but still strong enough for a new single. But i don't remember you being enthusiastic about any of her tracks, so you're not the biggest fan of her anyway, right?
I was a big fan of "Colours", and thought "New Americana" was interesting.
Franklin’s music profoundly touched and changed the world, because over and over it offered that bridge to salvation, to freedom.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Tansike » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:40 pm

heppolo wrote:26 (NEW) Benjamin Ingrosso – Behave

It's okay, but still I prefer ''Dance You Off'' and ''Do You Think About Me?" as his singles
I'm positively surprised by his whole album to be honest. I don't know "Do You Think About Me?", i'll check it out :)
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:55 pm

JakeP wrote:Hi Tansike :D

Well it's about time! :P :lol: But i'm so happy that breathin now qualifies for your chart. It's already well on its way to being one of my big songs of the year, and is still holding up strongly in my weekly charts.

The power of the baby pig. :wink: <3
Hey Jake :D

I knew you would love that debut! This was a case of a song where I wasn’t sure if I should let it onto my charts or not, and I was waiting for an official confirmation about it being a single all the time, because it deserved an entry for ages. I’m glad she released a video now, so it was finally time to let it onto my charts… and how cute is that video?!
It will be exciting to see all the Year-End Charts this time as I think Ariana’s three singles will do well on most of them. She really slayed in 2018.

JakeP wrote:3 (2) Alan Walker & Sophia Somajo – Diamond Heart

I'm also delighted that Diamond heart was able to improve on its #5 entry as i had a gut feeling that would be its peak. Alan Walker is definitely back at the top of his game with this slice of synth blissfulness. :D
“Diamond Heart” was even a contender for #1 the last two weeks but the competition is very strong at the moment. Ariana’s #1 debut was safe, and I love Halsey since last year and “Without Me” is a strong song IMO so Alan was a little bit unlucky, but this still may end up as his second biggest hit ever here. Completely agree with you :D

JakeP wrote:5 (12) Ariana Grande – God Is A Woman *P*

Cool rebound here, is it a knock on effect from the new arrival of breathin. Whatever it is, it's very good. Could the year end chart consist of an all Ariana top 3? :o :P Actually has any artist ever held positions #1, #2 and (or) #3 in your year end charts?
It’s 50/50… “Breathin” also plays a part in this rebound, but I enjoyed “God Is A Woman” so much last week compared to the previous weeks so it would have climbed without the arrival of “Breathin” as well. Well, don’t think Top3 is possible as “Breathin” came out a bit too late (or it would need to be near the top for the rest of the year, which will be difficult…) but who knows, maybe she’ll get the Top2?
No, it never happened before, though Lana Del Rey came close in 2012 with “Video Games” (#1), “Born To Die” (#2) and “Blue Jeans” (#4). Loreen’s “Euphoria” prevented that achievement.

JakeP wrote:6 (5) Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper – Shallow

So i might be going to see this on Sunday if all goes to plan. 8-) I was hoping to go last Saturday with my mate but he didn't want to go. Now there's potentially 4 of us going to see the film. If so, it could have an impact on my chart although the results won't be known until my chart dated 27th Oct. Excitement! :D :D
Oh, that’s great! Maybe I can convince my partner today as it’s still unsure what we’ll do this evening. I hope I can see it, the reviews are amazing, the music is strong and it’s Lady freaking Gaga! I had a little Gaga day yesterday and listened to “The Fame”, “The Fame Monster”, “Born This Way” and “Artpop” and I remembered how big her influence on me was since her breakthrough. I'm at a point where I can finally say that based on material, she’s actually my favorite artist ever.
Anyways, can’t wait to hear your feedback for the movie and if it will have an effect on your charts :cool:

JakeP wrote:11 (17) Ariana Grande – No Tears Left To Cry *2xP*

See #5. :lol:
:cool:

JakeP wrote:16 (NEW) Little Mix feat. Nicki Minaj – Woman Like Me

Not gonna lie, i'm slightly disappointed with this. I do like Woman like me and its looking set to enter my chart...but it'll be the girls first lead single from a new album to miss my #1 spot. In fact it might fail to crack my top 10 which is kinda tragic by Little Mix standards. I can only hope the next single will be a more JakeP friendly.
It’s kinda good to hear that from you, as you loved them so much in the past and I really didn’t know what to think of this, and it seems there are a lot of people who are disappointed. I also expected a stronger comeback It also won’t have a long life on my charts as I’m already completely over it… :( Yes, fingers crossed the second single will be more our taste or maybe it will grow on us once the album comes out.

JakeP wrote:Best of the rest:

9 (8) Kodaline – Brother
As always, that’s quite a lot and I’m happy you’re enjoying so many songs from my charts! <3
Tansike
Legend

Postby heppolo » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:01 pm

Maybe she can try to represent Switzerland once again in the ESC in the future. She has improved so much since 2011, especially in the vocal department.
Also, the music video has just been released.
heppolo
Legend

Postby Tansike » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:03 pm

JSparksFan wrote:This just might be your finest #1 of the year, and one of the best ones you've ever had. It's such a therapeutic joy. It's helped me through many stressful work days since August.

On the minus side, you've knocked "With You" out after just a single week on the chart. :lol:

Good debut for "Woman Like Me". That turned out to be a big grower for me.

Excited to see if "Breathin" can fend off the tracks from all those new releases you highlighted in the Random Thought thread!

:o
I had no idea you’re loving “Breathing” THAT much! I still prefer the other two singles from “Sweetener” but it’s definitely another very, very strong single from her. She really released the three best songs of the album and has three of the best songs of the year overall.

I thought “With You” was slightly weaker than “GTFO” and that one already stayed there for only two weeks :oops: But I have to admit, prior “GTFO” and “With You” she only had two entries on my charts with “I Want To Know What Love Is” in 2010 and “All I Want For Christmas Is You” in 2016, so 2018 has been a good year for her on my charts :oops:

Ah, good to hear that! I’m still a bit disappointed and I hope it also turns out as a grower for me!

Well, it will be tough for Ariana next week. Lindsey Stirling and Zara Larsson are two huge competitors based on how they’ve done in the past, and there are rumors about a new Within Temptation single which may drop later today as well.

Very happy you’re enjoying loads of the Top40 <3

JSparksFan wrote:I was a big fan of "Colours", and thought "New Americana" was interesting.
Well, I like these two songs and the latter was the first thing I’ve heard from her. But nothing from “hopeless fountain kingdom” clicked with you then… :oops:
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:15 pm

heppolo wrote:
Maybe she can try to represent Switzerland once again in the ESC in the future. She has improved so much since 2011, especially in the vocal department.
Also, the music video has just been released.
Yes, that would be a great idea! I only became a fan of them with the second album, they released some good songs which could have done better on the contest than their entry.
Haven't seen the video yet...
Tansike
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:49 pm

WT is still my number-one.. a pity the new single wasn't released this week!

It's amazing to see "Breathin'" on top of your chart,though! Cute video & excellent song! And it's great to read that it's the fourth consecutive Ariana #1 single on your chart in this year alone!!! IMPRESSIVE!

It's nice to see Czech Republic's hottie's new song debut so high and "Hold Your Head Up" is great as well! She deserves to get another shot at Eurovision!

Pretty sure, your chart update next week will be highly Metal-influenced :D
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Tansike » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:39 am

^ Oh, still your number one? That's awesome! I got a little bit back into "The Reckoning" but there are currently so many strong new releases, so the competition is strong. Also, i'm a little bit happy they actually didn't release "Raise Your Banner" this week, as there is another new release which amazed me so much that it will be the clear #1 for my next chart, so WT would've settled down for #2 or so.

Ariana is slaying this year :cool: Fingers crossed "Breathin" also becomes a hit on the charts out there!

Glad you're enjoying these two ESC-related new entries, and i agree about Anna Rossinelli. But i think she got over the contest now and built her own thing. Not many artists can do that... and now that she has a career, she probably has more to loose than to win.

I'm not even sure yet :o The metal releases didn't catch my attention as much as i expected so far, but there are still some days left until the new charts comes out, so maybe this will change until then :)
Tansike
Legend

Return to Personal Charts