My Charts - week 49 - Nothing Breaks Like Kerli’s Heart

Moderators: tdc2000, JSparksFan, FreakyFlyBry

Postby heppolo » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:39 am

2 (NEW) Eleni Foureira – Tómame
Chart Run: *2*- / 1w

It's a nice enough song, but it doesn't gain enough traction. I am afraid it's not going to be noticed, the hype seems to be gone sadly.
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby Tansike » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:08 pm

phoenix98 wrote:Ha, well, your English bias certainly works in my favor, so I've got no complaints about that ;) Uh oh...so if you hate German that much, should I stop using it when I mention Pokémon names? Or is there something about using German specifically at work/in professional contexts that makes you really hate it?

I took a semester of Japanese in college, and it was so. damn. hard. :x :lol: My experience felt so true to how people say learning brand-learning languages is MUCH harder as an adult. Japanese is just such a different beast from English and Spanish (with completely different characters, multiple alphabets) that my skills in those languages didn't carry over at all.
:cool: Oh no, that’s completely okay. To be fair, Pokémon names aren’t really German, they’re just names, so that’s different. It’s more the latter… or also back in school, most teacher spoke in German during classes, though Swiss-German and German are sometimes completely different and my personal opinion is that German is a foreign language for ‘us’ so I never got why they acted like it’s so important.

Ohhh… shame on me for forgetting this! Now that you’re mentioning it I remember that you told me that already a while ago! That’s definitely a very interesting language to learn but I guess it’s also one of the most difficult ones.

phoenix98 wrote:Although I'm sad about the ageism you encountered, I'd love to hear more about this lurking experience sometime... ;)
There’s nothing exciting to tell about that to be honest. It’s either completely boring as I have a very special taste and dislike like 90-95% of all guys or it’s absolutely demotivating to see so many perfect bodies :lol:

phoenix98 wrote:Ah, I just didn't want it to seem like I was making light of/mocking the fact that you legitimately struggle with sleep (in general, but even moreso after horror movies), or that I was being condescending/patronizing about how those movies sometimes truly scare/unsettle you. **Hug**

I totally hear you with the caffeine needs! I've read that you're not supposed to have any after 2:00-3:00pm (ish) in order to avoid disrupting your sleep patterns, but I always need a little afternoon pick-me-up around that time :lol: You can only take the sleeping pills once a week? Is that because they're highly addictive, or are the side effects really brutal...? Ha, I'm totally in favor of your other remedy, though! I'll try not to rant TOO much here, but the stigma around it is just so ridiculous, especially considering how most alcohol is just as bad (if not much worse) for our bodies (aside from the "1 glass of red wine with dinner" usage), but it's SO much easier to get ahold of and nowhere near as controversial. The fact that there's still so many barriers to the something green remedy even for MEDICAL purposes is really aggravating :evil: :evil: :evil: People are suffering every. day. because others hold nonsense beliefs that a puff or two sends everyone straight on the path to heroin (and meth...and cocaine...) :roll:
Oh no, it didn’t make that impression at all! That’s why I was surprised how it could come across as unsympathetic or so…

Yeah I read something like that as well but when I work until 6pm or so I NEED something in the afternoon, sometimes even two things (often I have something like an energy drink at 2pm and a coffee at 5pm). Well, ideally, even less than once a week, because as you say, they are highly addictive. They also lose their effects quite fast if you take too many of them, and if you’d stop again, you have even bigger sleeping issues.
I completely agree with you about the other thing, even though I also can understand the opponents to that. If you take it, you’re not able to drive at all, while you’re still able to drive after a glass of wine or so, which is probably the biggest reason why so many people are against it; they think the effect is much 'worse' than alcohol. But that's obviously just a 'fairytale' and it would be interesting to find out why so many people are really against something which is quite natural and 'better' than alcohol. That would be such an ideal thing for me to get rid of the sleeping problems and to get rid of being stressed out constantly without the possibility to switch off…

phoenix98 wrote: :lol: You've literally seen behind the curtain, and it sounds like the pro-musician life is often far less intriguing once you have...
It kinda is! :lol: Though they’re far from being a big name or so, I imagine a pro-musician life like ‘our’ popstars have is completely different and more exciting again.

phoenix98 wrote:Ah, one of the PokéTubers I follow did something very similar (a nose procedure to alleviate breathing issues), so hopefully it does the trick for you too! You've already had some bad experiences at hospitals, though? :o If this isn't too personal, do you mean because of watching relatives suffer/pass away, or did something go wrong with a previous procedure of your own...?

:o I had no idea "Get Your Number" was one of her longest-lasting singles EVER there, outlasting songs that are much more "signature hits" of hers! I really love trivia like that, though, when certain singles become an artist's biggest hits in certain markets, but were never even released (or completely flopped) in others. Like how "Against All Odds" is one of her two UK No. 1's, but was never actually a single in the US (partially because Westlife were never big here, but still...)
Thanks. I hope so too. The worst thing that could happen is that it will be the same afterwards like it is now, so there’s basically nothing to lose. Oh sure, as I said in the past, you can ask whatever you want, I’m quite open with things like that… and it’s probably not even something ‘that’ dramatic. Back in 2011, I had an ingrown toenail which had be done with a partial anesthesia. Unfortunately, the anesthesia didn’t work, and even though I was screaming and saying I feel the pain etc., they still continued. I even got 16 (!!) injections instead of 2-3 so that alone was already not cool. And the worst thing about it all was that it was an operation where students were able to watch it as well, so it was also embarrassing to cry and scream on the table there. Once they finally noticed I’m not lying, they left me in the operation room for about 30 minutes with pain etc. without saying what’s happening next…
A week later they tried it again and the anesthesia worked better, still not the way it should have, but they were able to finish the procedure. Once the whole thing was healed it turned out they didn’t do it properly, so I had to do it again a half year later for a third time. But that third time I did it somewhere else, only got 2 injections and it worked perfectly! So even though it’s not even that dramatic and still turned out well enough, I’m still freaking scared from every operation or hospitals overall.

I know! That’s probably also why I remember it so well as it was a nice hit over here.

phoenix98 wrote:"Sorry" was Halsey's first EVER No. 1 on your charts? Now that part I'd forgotten! :lol:
Yes, it was :) But she never really was that big on my charts prior the “hopeless fountain kingdom”, that was where it all really started for her.

phoenix98 wrote:Exactly! The perfect "first impression" of a full album from her.

:o A 24-minute song? I assume much of that runtime had to be instrumental (guitar solos and such)?
Yep :)

It’s half vocals half instrumental. It’s still quite… boring though. I use(d) to skip it when I listen(ed) to the album. But they always have a very long song on their albums, but 24 minutes was by far a new record and I hope they won’t try to break that record with their next release :lol:

phoenix98 wrote:SMH. He better treat you EXTRA well if you're willing to put up with such musical-close-mindedness from him... ;)
Haha you should tell him that :)
I was just telling him how Ariana released a new single and is about to already release a new album and I was so excited and he was like ‘mmmkay…’ even though I thought he enjoys her a lot as well. Thank god there’s UKMix so I can share my musical things with people here :lol:

phoenix98 wrote:Maybe in a few more years I'll start to feel the same :lol: I like it well enough, and I think it was needlessly harsh to cut it from the album entirely, but it wouldn't make my Top 10...or Top 20...from her, as of now.
Oh okay. Speaking of rankings, I really need to say I’m shocked by the results in the current Artist Survivor… “One Last Time” already out while “Let Me Love You” and “Love Me Harder” are still in. Ok, I can live with the second one, that’s a great tune, but “Let Me Love You” over “One Last Time” and “The Way”?! :o

phoenix98 wrote:Yeah, it doesn't have anything like the songs of hers that I've loved before ("Be Mine," "Dancing On My Own," "Call Your Girlfriend," etc). It turns out the title track (which I wasn't too crazy about) was actually a pretty good indicator of the album's sound/style overall. It's an interesting project (and critics are jizzing themselves senseless over it), but I don't think it'll have much replay value for me either. :(
So on one side it’s sad to hear that as I know you’re usually quite into Robyn, on another side I’m kinda glad to know we agree on this. I expected something much stronger because I know she already released strong material in the past… this is just okay in most parts… But fingers crossed it may be a grower for you!

phoenix98 wrote:Ah, I hadn't thought about that, but is this her first single to feature entirely her own vocals? That's definitely a big deal!
Yes, it is. She already has a song with her own vocals on the Christmas album but it wasn’t released as a single, plus there was an unreleased track with her vocals which she performed every now and then. Other than that, she limited herself to ‘hmmm’ or ‘aaahh’ and stuff like that. So “I Wonder As I Wander” is the first single from her with sung parts.

phoenix98 wrote: :lol: That's seriously hilarious! I guess this way we can each have one of them to ourselves without any fighting/drama ;) Josh is VERY fit/toned, no doubt about that, but in terms of the whole head-to-toe package, Tyler really does it for me. <3
That’s a perfect example of how everyone has a different taste. That pic … :oops:

phoenix98 wrote:• Looks like Lindsey isn't wandering away from that No. 1 spot just yet!
• Solid Top 10 start for Ellie! I was SO ready for new material from her, and that first verse is catchy, poppy perfection...but the chorus is a bit of a let-down, and I'm not too crazy about some of Swae's lines. Still, I'm shocked that it's off to such a slow start in the UK :-? I really hope the public haven't turned their backs on her already (like poor Leona...and Pixie...and Emeli...etc).
• Lovin' that leap for "Sweet But Psycho."
• So Kygo just released a song called "Happy Now"...while Marshmello is smashing with "Happier"...and Zedd just had a single with the exact same name :lol: I know that songs having some form of "Happy" in their title is nothing new, but I already mix up some of these DJs as it is (especially Sigala VS Sigma). :oops:
• Like with Ellie, my body was VERY ready for brand-new Sara, but "Armor" isn't quite clicking with me either (even less so than "Close To Me").

Yet another wondrous chart, Tansike! :D
Not yet! But the competition doesn’t sleep… this week there’ll be three big new entries, plus there’s a new release later this week which will be a huge competitor the week afterwards. There’s so much going on lately!

Unfortunately, I’m not shocked at all, because it’s really weak for her standards and one of her (or the) weakest singles ever. This was a comeback I was really looking forward to and I can’t believe she came up with something like this… :(

“Sweet But Psycho” is such an earworm!

I know! What a coincidence! :lol: Though Kygo’s song is surprisingly weak, compared to the others and to his previous material.

Aww, sad to hear that about Sara. So I guess you’re usually enjoying her a lot, do you? Shockingly, “Armor” is her very first chart entry ever on my charts… :oops:

Thanks a lot :D
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:16 pm

heppolo wrote:2 (NEW) Eleni Foureira – Tómame

It's a nice enough song, but it doesn't gain enough traction. I am afraid it's not going to be noticed, the hype seems to be gone sadly.
I think so too, sadly, even though i really enjoy the song at the moment. I could even end up liking it as much as i like "Fuego" to be honest. She has so much potential, a shame she's not taking off outside Cyprus/Greece :(
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:26 am

thanks so much for all comments

My Charts - week 45/2018 – 8 november 2018 - Baby, let’s Play Destroy
    Singles Top40
    Image Image Image
Spoiler:
Lindsey Stirling still wonders as she wanders and spends a third consecutive week at number one this week, making “I Wonder As I Wander” already the seventh song with three or more weeks atop the charts this year so far, and tied with Leaves’ Eyes’ “Across The Sea”, Ariana Grande’s “God Is A Woman” and Within Temptation’s “The Reckoning” as the song with most consecutive weeks atop the charts this year. When it comes to total weeks at number one, “God Is A Woman” still owns the crown with four weeks. Even though the violinist is used to getting big hits, “I Wonder As I Wander” is only her second song with that many weeks at number one, following “Shatter Me” with Lzzy Hale, which spent its first three weeks at number one in early 2014. Doing it with a Winter / Christmas song in early November in a week with three strong debuts is quite a feat.

There are ten new entries on the charts this week, and three of them were really strong and were also the biggest competition for Lindsey. Surprisingly, it’s someone who never made an entry so far who owns the highest one: Poppy. The YouTube personality has released her new album “Am I A Girl?” which makes a stellar debut on the album charts this week as well, and its promo single “Play Destroy” featuring Grimes enters the charts at #2. While it’s Poppy’s first notation ever, this marks the fifth appearance for Grimes, and her third to miss the top spot by just one position following “Kill V. Maim” (#2 in early 2016) and “Venus Fly” (#2 in early 2017). What has started as a project that only got mediocre hits on the charts has turned out to be a huge charts force: Clean Bandit! Since the release of “Rockabye” exactly two years ago, the band has released a big hit every half year, as that hit was followed by “Symphony”, “Disconnect”, “I Miss You” and “Solo”, with all five of these tracks being certified with Gold or Platinum and all but “I Miss You” having peaked inside the Top3. Now the band is back with the song “Baby”, which features Marina And The Diamonds and Luis Fonsi. The song makes its debut at #3 and is likely to end up as their sixth big hit in a row. The third big new release of the week makes a surprisingly low debut for her standards, as that’s “Thank U, Next” by Ariana Grande. The singer has a fantastic year so far, with her three singles “No Tears Left To Cry” (15-18), “God Is A Woman” (6-8) and “Breathin” (4-10) still doing very well, but last weekend she already announced her fifth studio album “Thank U, Next”, which should already come out later this year and its title track was surprise-released as its lead single. It’s new at #4 as her 30th chart entry ever, which is impressive considering her first entry is just five and a half years ago. All of these 30 chart entries made the Top10, however, “Thank U, Next” has the weakest debut for one of her songs as a lead artist since “Let Me Love You” debuted and peaked at #7 as a promo single for her third album “Dangerous Woman” in the first half of 2016.

Other new entries this week: Yet another arrival in the Top10, and a local one, as the Swiss band Cellar Darling are new at #6 with their new single “Insomnia”. It’s a first taste of their upcoming second studio album and their third chart entry following the #1 hit “Avalanche” and the song “Black Moon” (#14), both having made their entry in mid 2017. This week also marks the return for Canadian pop princess Carly Rae Jepsen, as she has released a new single called “Party For One”. The song starts at #13, the same debut position as her last single “Cut To The Feeling” did over a year ago. Newcomer Anne-Marie wants to close this year with the ballad “Perfect”, which serves as the new single from her debut album “Speak Your Mind”. The set already spawned seven previous chart entries and a new mix of “Perfect” is the main reason behind its debut at #15. Also debuting inside the upper half is Hailee Steinfeld’s new song “Back To Life” (#20). It’s her seventh chart entry and sixth Top20 hit.

Acapella band Pentatonix already scored an entry on the album charts with “Christmas Is Here!” a week ago, and now they’re getting an entry on the singles charts as well from that record as “Sweater Weather” enters the charts at #28. It’s only their fifth entry to date, with only two of them being non-Christmas songs, though one of these two is a cover of Dolly Parton’s classic “Jolene”. Imagine Dragons have released another taste of their upcoming new album with the song “Machine”, but the track only makes it to #37 this week as their lowest peaking entry by far. Benny Blanco’s new single also falls short compared to his previous track “Eastside” as the Calvin Harris featured “I Found You” barely made it to #38.

Other talking points this week: Due to all the new arrivals, most other songs in the upper half of the Top40 only fall a few spots and remain quite stable, which speaks for the strength of the current entries. Meanwhile, Benjamin Ingrosso reaches a new peak as his song “Behave” jumps 31-23. Fellow ESC contestant Mikolas Josef is also able to climb up again as “Me Gusta” is up 32-29. Zara Larsson and Ellie Goulding are both known for easily collecting hits, and even though “Ruin My Life” and “Close To Me” both started quite well, they have terrible drops this week as Zara’s “Ruin My Life” falls 9-32 and Ellie’s “Close To Me” even tumbles down 7-34. Lauren Jauregui’s “Expectations” (20-39) and the all-star collaboration “Taki Taki” (27-40) are also losing lots of places this week.

Benjamin Ingrosso’s “Behave” is the biggest climber while Ellie Goulding, Diplo and Swae Lee’s “Close To Me” is the biggest loser this week.

1 (1) Lindsey Stirling – I Wonder As I Wander
Chart Run: *1*-1-1- / 3w

2 (NEW) Poppy feat. Grimes – Play Destroy

3 (NEW) Clean Bandit feat. Marina And The Diamonds & Luis Fonsi – Baby
Chart Run: *3*- / 1w

4 (NEW) Ariana Grande – Thank U, Next
Chart Run: *4*- / 1w

5 (2) Eleni Foureira – Tómame
Chart Run: *2*-5- / 2w

6 (NEW) Cellar Darling – Insomnia
Chart Run: *6*- / 1w

7 (3) Amaranthe – Countdown
Chart Run: 9-27-Out-RE 14-*3*-7- / 5w

8 (6) Ariana Grande – God Is A Woman *P*
Chart Run: *1*-2-1-1-1-2-4-6-5-5-6-13-12-5-5-6-8- / 17w

9 (5) Within Temptation feat. Jacoby Shaddix – The Reckoning *G*
Chart Run: *1*-1-1-3-4-4-5-9- / 8w

10 (4) Ariana Grande – Breathin
Chart Run: *1*-3-4-10- / 4w

11 (8) Halsey – Without Me
Chart Run: *1*-2-6-8-11- / 5w

12 (10) Alan Walker & Sophia Somajo – Diamond Heart
Chart Run: 5-*2*-3-7-10-12- / 6w

13 (NEW) Carly Rae Jepsen – Party For One
Chart Run: *13*- / 1w

14 (11) Cardi B – Money
Chart Run: *11*-14- / 2w

15 (NEW) Anne-Marie – Perfect
Chart Run: *15*- / 1w

16 (13) Ava Max – Sweet But Psycho
Chart Run: 22-*13*-16- / 3w

17 (12) Kodaline – Brother
Chart Run: 10-*8*-9-10-12-17- / 6w

18 (15) Ariana Grande – No Tears Left To Cry *2xP*
Chart Run: *1*-1-4-9-5-3-4-9-12-8-9-5-2-3-6-8-10-1-3-2-2-4-7-18-17-11-12-15-18- / 29w

19 (14) Blair St. Clair – Irresistible
Chart Run: *14*-19- / 2w

20 (NEW) Hailee Steinfeld – Back To Life
Chart Run: *20*- / 1w

21 (16) Lukas Graham – Not A Damn Thing Changed
Chart Run: *16*-21- / 2w

22 (21) Normani & Calvin Harris feat. Wizkid – Checklist
Chart Run: *21*-22- / 2w

23 (31) Benjamin Ingrosso – Behave
Chart Run: 26-27-31-*23*- / 4w

24 (19) Michael Schulte – Never Let You Down
Chart Run: 26-18-*13*-16-19-24- / 6w

25 (18) Stefanie Heinzmann feat. Alle Farben – Build A House
Chart Run: 17-*3*-4-7-13-18-25- / 7w

26 (23) Astrid S – Emotion
Chart Run: 24-*23*-26- / 3w

27 (17) Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper – Shallow
Chart Run: *2*-5-6-9-17-27- / 6w

28 (NEW) Pentatonix – Sweater Weather
Chart Run: *28*- / 1w

29 (32) Mikolas Josef – Me Gusta
Chart Run: *20*-29-32-29- / 4w

30 (24) Rita Ora – Let You Love Me
Chart Run: *3*-12-11-14-18-24-30- / 7w

31 (22) Nick Jonas & Robin Schulz – Right Now *G*
Chart Run: 5-*3*-4-6-4-7-10-17-17-22-31- / 11w

32 (9) Zara Larsson – Ruin My Life
Chart Run: *2*-9-32- / 3w

33 (25) Normani & Calvin Harris – Slow Down
Chart Run: *25*-33- / 2w

34 (7) Ellie Goulding, Diplo & Swae Lee – Close To Me
Chart Run: *7*-34- / 2w

35 (33) BTS feat. Nicki Minaj – Idol *G*
Chart Run: *2*-7-6-9-10-19-21-24-26-33-35- / 11w

36 (35) Calvin Harris & Sam Smith – Promises
Chart Run: 26-22-15-*12*-15-15-16-19-22-28-35-36- / 12w

37 (NEW) Imagine Dragons – Machine
Chart Run: *37*- / 1w

38 (NEW) Benny Blanco feat. Calvin Harris – I Found You
Chart Run: *38*- / 1w

39 (20) Lauren Jauregui – Expectations
Chart Run: *20*-39- / 2w

40 (27) DJ Snake feat. Selena Gomez, Cardi B & Ozuna – Taki Taki
Chart Run: *4*-6-8-15-27-40- / 6w

Out of Top40
Out (26) Brandi Carlile feat. Sam Smith – Party Of One (2w)
Out (28) Bastian Baker – Stay (1w)
Out (29) Rachel Platten – You Belong (2w)
Out (30) Kygo feat. Sandro Cavazza – Happy Now (1w)
Out (34) Inna – No Help (8w)
Out (36) Steve Aoki feat. BTS – Waste It On Me (1w)
Out (37) Noah Cyrus & Gallant – Mad At You (8w)
Out (38) Lukas Graham – Love Someone (2w)
Out (39) Sara Bareilles – Armor (1w)
Out (40) Lana Del Rey – Venice Bitch (6w)

New certifications
none

Click here for the Certification Database
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:27 am

My Charts - week 45/2018 – 8 november 2018 - Baby, let’s Play Destroy
    Album Top20
    Image Image Image
Spoiler:
Following two very busy weeks, it’s back to normality again with just two new entries and four re-entries, with three of these four being releases which had to leave the Top20 due to all the new releases and they’re able to come back after the storm. The higher of both debuts makes it directly to the top, and it’s a rather surprising debut, as it’s by an artist who never made an entry so far… Poppy! The singer and YouTube personality released her second album called “Am I A Girl?” which immediately becomes her first top album. It’s followed by Amaranthe’s “Helix”, which dips 1-2, and Ariana Grande’s “Sweetener”, which goes up 4-3.

Other new and re-entries this week: Jessie J is either hit or miss, as two of her studio albums were big hits with her Platinum certified debut “Who You Are” and the 2x Platinum certified third album “Sweet Talker”, while the second album “Alive” and this years fourth release “R.O.S.E.” aren’t even certified with Gold. The singer gets her fifth chart entry now, as she released her very first Christmas release called “This Christmas Day”, which enters the charts at #5. Another Christmas release makes a little comeback outside the Top10, as Gwen Stefani re-released her “You Make It Feel Like Christmas” which comes back at #13. The other three re-entries are “Politics Of Living” by Kodaline (#15), “7” by David Guetta (#16) and “Hiding Place” by Tori Kelly (#19). They all were victims of the very busy weeks lately and left the charts sooner than they were expected to, but they’re coming back now as some of these new releases are already leaving the charts.

Other talking points this week: Even though Christmas is still a month and a half away, there are two more of these releases on the charts, as Lindsey Stirling’s “Warmer In The Winter” still stays strong (2-4) while Pentatonix’ “Christmas Is Here!” even reaches a new peak (8-7). Benjamin Ingrosso keeps on climbing back up the charts with his debut album “Identification” (14-11), while My Indigo’s “My Indigo” falls 9-12 in its 29th week – its lowest position ever so far.

1 (NEW) Poppy – Am I A Girl?
Chart Run: *1*- / 1w

2 (1) Amaranthe – Helix
Chart Run: 2-*1*-2- / 3w

3 (4) Ariana Grande – Sweetener *P*
Chart Run: *1*-2-1-1-3-3-5-4-2-3-4-3- / 12w

4 (2) Lindsey Stirling – Warmer In The Winter *P*
Chart Run: *1*-3-7-10-16-10-1-1-2-1-4-10-19-Out-RE 18-Out-RE 1-2-4- / 17w

5 (NEW) Jessie J – This Christmas Day
Chart Run: *5*- / 1w

6 (6) Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper – A Star Is Born Soundtrack
Chart Run: *1*-1-4-6-6- / 5w

7 (8) Pentatonix – Christmas Is Here!
Chart Run: 8-*7*- / 2w

8 (5) Lukas Graham – 3 (The Purple Album)
Chart Run: *5*-8- / 2w

9 (3) Bastian Baker – Bastian Baker
Chart Run: *3*-9- / 2w

10 (7) MØ – Forever Neverland
Chart Run: *5*-7-10- / 3w

11 (14) Benjamin Ingrosso – Identification
Chart Run: *7*-19-14-11- / 4w

12 (9) My Indigo – My Indigo *2xP*
Chart Run: *1*-1-2-4-4-5-7-8-8-7-10-8-5-6-8-9-9-7-9-4-6-5-8-10-10-11-6-9-12- / 29w

13 (RE) Gwen Stefani – You Make It Feel Like Christmas
Chart Run: 13-Out-RE 11-7-3-*2*-10-Out-RE 13- / 7w

14 (13) Twenty One Pilots – Trench
Chart Run: *2*-3-11-13-14- / 5w

15 (RE) Kodaline – Politics Of Living
Chart Run: *8*-11-12-Out-RE 15- / 4w

16 (RE) David Guetta – 7
Chart Run: *4*-6-9-9-13-Out-RE 16- / 6w

17 (12) Sotiria – Hallo Leben
Chart Run: 16-*12*-17- / 3w

18 (11) Northward – Northward
Chart Run: *7*-11-18- / 3w

19 (RE) Tori Kelly – Hiding Place
Chart Run: *7*-7-12-12-14-Out-RE 19- / 6w

20 (10) Tom Odell – Jubilee Road
Chart Run: *10*-20- / 2w

Out of Top20
Out (15) Elle King – Shake The Spirit (2w)
Out (16) Tini – Quiero Volver (3w)
Out (17) Carrie Underwood – Cry Pretty *G* (7w)
Out (18) Robyn – Honey (1w)
Out (19) The Black Eyed Peas – Masters Of The Sun Vol. 1 (1w)
Out (20) Disturbed – Evolution (2w)

New certifications
none

Tansike
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:52 pm

OMG. Outrageous.. "thank u, next" didn't debut at #1? :D Hope to see it reigning your amazing charts next week!

I am just going to watch WT and Beyond The Black in Tilburg once again. I would have loved to see them in Cologne as well but since BTB won't be there and I need to attend some courses at university, I didn't purchase a ticket for that show. It will be the 7th time that I'm going to see Within Temptation live (I think). And you? It's your third time, right?

I think I do like the song "Helix", though. I was very close to buying the song on iTunes.

It's a pity that the new music video for "Breathin'" didn't have any impact on your chart. Maybe next week?

I don't know who Poppy is but I just listened to your current #2.
OMG WAIT... I saw a very disturbing video of her on FB some months ago,... she was just there sitting pretty and saying "I'm Poppy" for some minutes.... dunno what's wrong with me but I adore the song haha. I think I will definitely buy this ahahahahahahahahahahahah thanks for introducing it to me xD
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Tansike » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:14 am

^ The competition for Ariana was simply too strong that week :( But i LOVED it over the weekend so let's see how far it could go the next week...

Oh wow, 7th time is impressive! No, this will actually be just the second time i'm seeing them live. The "Hydra" tour was my first time...

Good to hear! "Helix" is also very catchy.

The video for "Breathin" only came out late on Wednesday so my charts was already done at that point and it had no effect at all, but it will do have a nice effect on next weeks charts as i'm loving it :D

OMG :lol: I love that reaction for "Play Destroy"! I think it's somehow messy and confusing but also genius. I love how the instrumental is kinda dark and Symphonic-Metal while the vocals are so pop and sweet, so it combines two styles which we usually love, which would explain why we like it that much :)
Tansike
Legend

Postby heppolo » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:27 am

6 (NEW) Cellar Darling – Insomnia

Good debut for a progressive rock Swiss band, the animated music video's a bit meh.

''Play Destoy'' is a Babymetal rip-off, nevertheless it is sort of cute.
heppolo
Legend

Postby Tansike » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:18 pm

^ I hope they will release a proper video for this in the future.

I'm really liking it. Their debut album was also better than expected, so i'm really looking forward to what they may bring up next.

Haha "Play Destroy" definitely sounds Babymetal inspired! :)
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:24 am

thanks so much for all comments

My Charts - week 46/2018 – 15 november 2018 - thank u, American
    Singles Top40
    Image Image Image
Spoiler:
As for now, Lindsey Stirling isn’t able to tie Ariana’s current record in having the longest running number one single of the year, as “I Wonder As I Wander” falls 1-4 after three weeks atop the charts. One of the reasons why Lindsey isn’t able to spent another week at number one is Ariana herself. After a week where her songs fell and the new “Thank U, Next” made a rather low debut, it all already looks completely different again this time as the pop star has several reasons to celebrate. The first reason is “Thank U, Next” climbing 4-1 to become her 15th number one single, which is half of her discography. It also becomes her fifth number one single as a lead artist in a row, having collected them all in this year alone. Another reason is the music video release for “Breathin”, which pushes that one back into the Top5 (10-5), while a third and last reason is a huge milestone for “No Tears Left To Cry”. While her smash hit has to leave the upper half of the charts for its first time in its 30th charting week (18-21), the song crosses the magical 1,000 chart points – in fact, with this week added, the song has exactly one thousand points! Ariana becomes the sixth artist with multiple songs having crossed that mark now, as “Break Free” did it as well a few years ago. “God Is A Woman” still staying inside the Top10 for yet another week seems just the icing on the cake in that case (8-9).

Another reason for Lindsey’s drop is the first of several new entries this week. 2018 has been a fantastic year for Drag Queens, as a few of them were able to get some chart entries through the whole year. The most successful by far has been the number one hit “Kitty Girl” by RuPaul featuring the Top4 of ‘RuPaul’s Drag Race: All Stars 3’. This week, RuPaul nearly got another top hit, as his “American” featuring the Top4 of ‘RuPaul’s Drag Race: Season 10’ – that is Aquaria, Asia O’Hara, Eureka and Kameron Michaels – is able to debut at #2. Rounding up the Top3 is “Baby”, which stays at #3 for Clean Bandit, Marina And The Diamonds and Luis Fonsi.

Other new and re-entries this week: It’s been a long awaited comeback which turns out below expectations. Following a covers EP earlier this year, former Disney star Ashley Tisdale is finally ready to release her third studio album soon, with the track “Voices In My Head” being its lead single. The song came out a week ago and arrives at #7 this week, which is her ninth chart entry but first to miss a Top3 peak so far. Ashley was very active between late 2007 and 2009, where she collected five number one singles, including the 6x Platinum certified “Suddenly”, which spent an astonishing 69 weeks in the Top10. Also arriving in the Top10 at #8 is “Say My Name”, the new single by David Guetta. It’s a collaboration with Latin superstar J Balvin and Pop singer Bebe Rexha.

Two album releases bring some entries onto the singles charts this week. While “Bad Liar” is new at #17 for Imagine Dragons, their single “Natural” does a little comeback at #33 following the release of their fourth album “Origins”. Muse has released their new album called “Simulation Theory”, and while the band didn’t have a big hit yet and the singles prior the album release mostly only entered the charts for one to two weeks or even none at all, they still have three re-entries this week with “Thought Contagion” (#19), “Pressure” (#22) and “The Dark Side” (#31). Romanian dance-pop queen Inna is known for throwing out singles and albums how she feels, and now it seems to be time for a Spanish album as she dropped its lead single “Ra” recently. The song arrives at #27, becoming her first chart entry to miss a Top10 peak so far. The final three debuts are all just at the bottom of the charts, with Cheryl’s “Love Made Me Do It” (#36), Jennifer Lopez and Bad Bunny’s “Me Guste” (#37) and Madison Beer and Offset’s “Hurts Like Hell” (#39).

Other talking points this week: With Amaranthe’s “Countdown” (7-11), Cellar Darling’s “Insomnia” (6-12) and Within Temptation’s “The Reckoning” (9-13), three songs from a similar genre are leaving the Top10.

The title as the biggest climber is shared by three different songs this week, that are “Breathin” by Ariana Grande and the two former Eurovision contestants Benjamin Ingrosso with “Behave” (23-18) and Mikolas Josef with “Me Gusta” (29-24). Meanwhile, following Zara Larsson and Ellie Goulding, it seems like Carly Rae Jepsen also flops with her comeback as “Party For One” tumbles down 13-38 as the biggest loser this week.

1 (4) Ariana Grande – Thank U, Next
Chart Run: 4-*1*- / 2w

2 (NEW) RuPaul feat. Aquaria, Asia O'Hara, Eureka & Kameron Michaels - American

3 (3) Clean Bandit feat. Marina And The Diamonds & Luis Fonsi – Baby
Chart Run: *3*-3- / 2w

4 (1) Lindsey Stirling – I Wonder As I Wander
Chart Run: *1*-1-1-4- / 4w

5 (10) Ariana Grande – Breathin
Chart Run: *1*-3-4-10-5- / 5w

6 (2) Poppy feat. Grimes – Play Destroy
Chart Run: *2*-6- / 2w

7 (NEW) Ashley Tisdale – Voices In My Head
Chart Run: *7*- / 1w

8 (NEW) David Guetta, Bebe Rexha & J Balvin – Say My Name
Chart Run: *8*- / 1w

9 (8) Ariana Grande – God Is A Woman *P*
Chart Run: *1*-2-1-1-1-2-4-6-5-5-6-13-12-5-5-6-8-9- / 18w

10 (5) Eleni Foureira – Tómame
Chart Run: *2*-5-10- / 3w

11 (7) Amaranthe – Countdown
Chart Run: 9-27-Out-RE 14-*3*-7-11- / 6w

12 (6) Cellar Darling – Insomnia
Chart Run: *6*-12- / 2w

13 (9) Within Temptation feat. Jacoby Shaddix – The Reckoning *G*
Chart Run: *1*-1-1-3-4-4-5-9-13- / 9w

14 (16) Ava Max – Sweet But Psycho
Chart Run: 22-*13*-16-14- / 4w

15 (12) Alan Walker & Sophia Somajo – Diamond Heart
Chart Run: 5-*2*-3-7-10-12-15- / 7w

16 (11) Halsey – Without Me
Chart Run: *1*-2-6-8-11-16- / 6w

17 (NEW) Imagine Dragons – Bad Liar
Chart Run: *17*- / 1w

18 (23) Benjamin Ingrosso – Behave
Chart Run: 26-27-31-23-*18*- / 5w

19 (RE) Muse – Thought Contagion
Chart Run: 28-Out-RE *19*- / 2w

20 (17) Kodaline – Brother
Chart Run: 10-*8*-9-10-12-17-20- / 7w

21 (18) Ariana Grande – No Tears Left To Cry *2xP*
Chart Run: *1*-1-4-9-5-3-4-9-12-8-9-5-2-3-6-8-10-1-3-2-2-4-7-18-17-11-12-15-18-21- / 30w

22 (RE) Muse – Pressure
Chart Run: 28-36-Out-RE *22*- / 3w

23 (14) Cardi B – Money
Chart Run: *11*-14-23- / 3w

24 (29) Mikolas Josef – Me Gusta
Chart Run: *20*-29-32-29-24- / 5w

25 (22) Normani & Calvin Harris feat. Wizkid – Checklist
Chart Run: *21*-22-25- / 3w

26 (15) Anne-Marie – Perfect
Chart Run: *15*-26- / 2w

27 (NEW) Inna – Ra
Chart Run: *27*- / 1w

28 (25) Stefanie Heinzmann feat. Alle Farben – Build A House
Chart Run: 17-*3*-4-7-13-18-25-28- / 8w

29 (24) Michael Schulte – Never Let You Down
Chart Run: 26-18-*13*-16-19-24-29- / 7w

30 (26) Astrid S – Emotion
Chart Run: 24-*23*-26-30- / 4w

31 (RE) Muse – The Dark Side
Chart Run: *22*-38-Out-RE 31- / 3w

32 (19) Blair St. Clair – Irresistible
Chart Run: *14*-19-32- / 3w

33 (RE) Imagine Dragons – Natural
Chart Run: *6*-7-13-16-23-29-32-Out-RE 33- / 8w

34 (31) Nick Jonas & Robin Schulz – Right Now *G*
Chart Run: 5-*3*-4-6-4-7-10-17-17-22-31-34- / 12w

35 (21) Lukas Graham – Not A Damn Thing Changed
Chart Run: *16*-21-35- / 3w

36 (NEW) Cheryl – Love Made Me Do It
Chart Run: *36*- / 1w

37 (NEW) Jennifer Lopez & Bad Bunny – Me Guste
Chart Run: *37*- / 1w

38 (13) Carly Rae Jepsen – Party For One
Chart Run: *13*-38- / 2w

39 (NEW) Madison Beer feat. Offset – Hurts Like Hell
Chart Run: *39*- / 1w

40 (28) Pentatonix – Sweater Weather
Chart Run: *28*-40- / 2w

Out of Top40
Out (20) Hailee Steinfeld – Back To Life (1w)
Out (27) Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper – Shallow (6w)
Out (30) Rita Ora – Let You Love Me (7w)
Out (32) Zara Larsson – Ruin My Life (3w)
Out (33) Normani & Calvin Harris – Slow Down (2w)
Out (34) Ellie Goulding, Diplo & Swae Lee – Close To Me (2w)
Out (35) BTS feat. Nicki Minaj – Idol *G* (11w)
Out (36) Calvin Harris & Sam Smith – Promises (12w)
Out (37) Imagine Dragons – Machine (1w)
Out (38) Benny Blanco feat. Calvin Harris – I Found You (1w)
Out (39) Lauren Jauregui – Expectations (2w)
Out (40) DJ Snake feat. Selena Gomez, Cardi B & Ozuna – Taki Taki (6w)

New certifications
none

Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:25 am

My Charts - week 46/2018 – 15 november 2018 - thank u, American
    Album Top20
    Image Image Image
Spoiler:
Only a year and a half following the release of their smash album “Evolve”, Imagine Dragons already released their fourth studio album called “Origins”, which becomes their third consecutive top album. Only their debut “Night Visions” missed a top peak, and even though it only peaked at #4, it still ended up with a Platinum certification. “Evolve” didn’t reach the top during its first chart life as it stalled at the runner-up slot for four weeks, but it re-entered the charts atop following their concert effect earlier this year, so they topped the Album Top20 with two different releases this year.

Imagine Dragon’s biggest competition came from Ariana Grande’s “Sweetener”, which stays strong for yet another week and even goes up 3-2. Amaranthe’s “Helix” is still doing very well too (2-3), while Poppy’s “Am I A Girl?” falls 1-4.

Other new and re-entries this week: Apart from Imagine Dragons, there are two debuts by two big British artists: Muse and Olly Murs. The former never got an entry on my charts so far, so their eighth studio album “Simulation Theory” becomes their first notation at #5. Meanwhile, Olly Murs’ new set “You Know I Know” already becomes his fourth chart entry, though he continues his trend with peaking one spot lower with each new album than the previous one, as his entries peaked at #3, #4 and #5 so far, with “You Know I Know” arriving at #6 now. Bebe Rexha’s “Expectations” re-enters the charts at #19.

Other talking points this week: Lindsey Stirling’s “Warmer In The Winter” (4-7), Jessie J’s “This Christmas Day” (5-8) and Pentatonix’ “Christmas Is Here!” (7-9) all remain in the Top10 for another week, making 2018 the year with the earliest effect when it comes to Christmas releases. Meanwhile, Gwen Stefani’s “You Make It Feel Like Christmas” already leaves the charts after coming back for one week following its re-release. David Guetta’s “7” rises 16-13 due to the debut for its new single “Say My Name”.

1 (NEW) Imagine Dragons – Origins
Chart Run: *1*- / 1w

2 (3) Ariana Grande – Sweetener *P*
Chart Run: *1*-2-1-1-3-3-5-4-2-3-4-3-2- / 13w

3 (2) Amaranthe – Helix
Chart Run: 2-*1*-2-3- / 4w

4 (1) Poppy – Am I A Girl?
Chart Run: *1*-4- / 2w

5 (NEW) Muse – Simulation Theory

6 (NEW) Olly Murs – You Know I Know

7 (4) Lindsey Stirling – Warmer In The Winter *P*
Chart Run: *1*-3-7-10-16-10-1-1-2-1-4-10-19-Out-RE 18-Out-RE 1-2-4-7- / 18w

8 (5) Jessie J – This Christmas Day
Chart Run: *5*-8- / 2w

9 (7) Pentatonix – Christmas Is Here!
Chart Run: 8-*7*-9- / 3w

10 (6) Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper – A Star Is Born Soundtrack
Chart Run: *1*-1-4-6-6-10- / 6w

11 (12) My Indigo – My Indigo *2xP*
Chart Run: *1*-1-2-4-4-5-7-8-8-7-10-8-5-6-8-9-9-7-9-4-6-5-8-10-10-11-6-9-12-11- / 30w

12 (11) Benjamin Ingrosso – Identification
Chart Run: *7*-19-14-11-12- / 5w

13 (16) David Guetta – 7
Chart Run: *4*-6-9-9-13-Out-RE 16-13- / 7w

14 (10) MØ – Forever Neverland
Chart Run: *5*-7-10-14- / 4w

15 (8) Lukas Graham – 3 (The Purple Album)
Chart Run: *5*-8-15- / 3w

16 (15) Kodaline – Politics Of Living
Chart Run: *8*-11-12-Out-RE 15-16- / 5w

17 (14) Twenty One Pilots – Trench
Chart Run: *2*-3-11-13-14-17- / 6w

18 (9) Bastian Baker – Bastian Baker
Chart Run: *3*-9-18- / 3w

19 (RE) Bebe Rexha – Expectations *P*
Chart Run: *1*-1-1-1-2-2-3-4-6-8-11-12-12-9-13-14-15-Out-RE 19- / 18w

20 (17) Sotiria – Hallo Leben
Chart Run: 16-*12*-17-20- / 4w

Out of Top20
Out (13) Gwen Stefani – You Make It Feel Like Christmas (7w)
Out (18) Northward – Northward (3w)
Out (19) Tori Kelly – Hiding Place (6w)
Out (20) Tom Odell – Jubilee Road (2w)

New certifications
none

Tansike
Legend

Postby heppolo » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:55 am

5 (NEW) Muse – Simulation Theory

I feared it would be worse. Actually, it's enjoyable enough, yet sometimes it leans too much towards the Jean-Michel Jarre-esque 80s synth-psychedelia.
heppolo
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:47 pm

Fantastic #1! :D Great to see "Breathin" back in your top 5, too. 8-)

8 (NEW) David Guetta, Bebe Rexha & J Balvin – Say My Name

Tansike wrote: :o
I had no idea you’re loving “Breathing” THAT much! I still prefer the other two singles from “Sweetener” but it’s definitely another very, very strong single from her. She really released the three best songs of the album and has three of the best songs of the year overall.
Yeah, I think it's phenomenal - one of the best songs this decade really.

Tansike wrote:I thought “With You” was slightly weaker than “GTFO” and that one already stayed there for only two weeks :oops: But I have to admit, prior “GTFO” and “With You” she only had two entries on my charts with “I Want To Know What Love Is” in 2010 and “All I Want For Christmas Is You” in 2016, so 2018 has been a good year for her on my charts :oops:
Aw, okay, good to know that this has been Mimi's most prolific year on your charts! And maybe Caution might even get her another hit here.

Tansike wrote:Well, I like these two songs and the latter was the first thing I’ve heard from her. But nothing from “hopeless fountain kingdom” clicked with you then:oops:
Correct!
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:32 pm

WAIT! Baby Metal is a thing?

And OMG Ashley Tisdale already did release her single?!!? - I'm missing out these days so much due to my university/work/family. I need to listen to it immediately!

Amazing to see "Thank u, next" being your #1! Well-deserved! I am glad Ariana made it in the end! - Nice jump for "Breathin'", too! Nice to see it jumping back to the Top 5.

16 wks for "God Is A Woman" inside your Top 10! That's impressive! I don't think it will be possible for the song to stay there any longer with the upcoming releases (Lena and Within Temptation are about to release their new singles tomorrow) but I would be glad to see "God Is A Woman" being able to stay inside your Top 10 for 20 wks, haha.

Going back to "Voices In My Head", I kinda like it. It's not very instant but the production is divine and the fresh sound totally suits Tisdale. I'm glad she's back.

I am glad to see Olly's new album making an appearance! I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet since it took a while for my pre-order to arrive (I can get it from the store tomorrow) but usually, Olly's putting som gems and bops on his albums.. so I am a little bit excited. Any songs you like in particular?

Northward already out? Oo I am surprised.
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Tansike » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:28 am

heppolo wrote:5 (NEW) Muse – Simulation Theory

I feared it would be worse. Actually, it's enjoyable enough, yet sometimes it leans too much towards the Jean-Michel Jarre-esque 80s synth-psychedelia.
I can't agree or disagree with that as i'm not really familiar with Jean-Michel Jarre's work. But i agree that i actually also feared it would be worse/weaker, it's actually a quite good album :)
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:31 am

JSparksFan wrote:Fantastic #1! :D Great to see "Breathin" back in your top 5, too. 8-)

Not surprised to hear you love Ariana's slayage 8-)

JSparksFan wrote:Yeah, I think it's phenomenal - one of the best songs this decade really.
Oh wow, that's a huge statement :o So it's most likely your most favorite song by Ariana ever, right?

JSparksFan wrote:Aw, okay, good to know that this has been Mimi's most prolific year on your charts! And maybe Caution might even get her another hit here.
Depends on the upcoming single releases. After three spins i'm really enjoying "Caution" - can't believe it's my first proper album by Mariah (i heard "Merry Christmas" but i wouldn't count this as a proper album) :oops:
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:46 am

Mainshow wrote:WAIT! Baby Metal is a thing?

And OMG Ashley Tisdale already did release her single?!!? - I'm missing out these days so much due to my university/work/family. I need to listen to it immediately!

Amazing to see "Thank u, next" being your #1! Well-deserved! I am glad Ariana made it in the end! - Nice jump for "Breathin'", too! Nice to see it jumping back to the Top 5.

16 wks for "God Is A Woman" inside your Top 10! That's impressive! I don't think it will be possible for the song to stay there any longer with the upcoming releases (Lena and Within Temptation are about to release their new singles tomorrow) but I would be glad to see "God Is A Woman" being able to stay inside your Top 10 for 20 wks, haha.

Going back to "Voices In My Head", I kinda like it. It's not very instant but the production is divine and the fresh sound totally suits Tisdale. I'm glad she's back.

I am glad to see Olly's new album making an appearance! I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet since it took a while for my pre-order to arrive (I can get it from the store tomorrow) but usually, Olly's putting som gems and bops on his albums.. so I am a little bit excited. Any songs you like in particular?

Northward already out? Oo I am surprised.
Yes! Well, it's not a genre but a band from Japan who combines J-Pop with Metal. They have released two albums so far and i'm only familiar with their second one, but it's awesome. Especially this song here which is very symphonic metal:

They have quite a big cult following. They even got to perform on a very popular Late Night Show in the US.

Yes, she did! I'm glad you enjoy "Voices In My Head", unfortunately, even though i like it, it's quite a big disappointment for me as it's just a nice pop song and i thought she may come back with a banger. She used to be my favorite artist in 2007-2009 so my expectations were going to be high...

Glad you're liking my current #1 and the video boost for "Breathin".
As for "God Is A Woman"... not sure if it can make it to 20 weeks in the Top10, but it's actually possible as i still enjoy it a lot while i get over some new releases way faster... so in the end it often ends up higher than some new releases or new songs from the past week... plus the Year-End-Countdown hype may give it another boost.

No. It's nice as a whole but i couldn't name a highlight after some spins. It's not as good as his previous three albums IMO. But i hope you'll enjoy it as i know you're quite a big fan of him (And i'm just a casual listener, so that's probably also why i'm not the biggest fan of the whole release).

You're surprised about Northwards performance? Now that's a surprise to me :P The album is just solid, the first single is already the second best song on there. It's not that good, sadly.
Tansike
Legend

Postby heppolo » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:23 pm

Tansike wrote:
Mainshow wrote:WAIT! Baby Metal is a thing?
They have quite a big cult following. They even got to perform on a very popular Late Night Show in the US..
Their second album, ''Metal Resistance'', actually peaked at #15 in the UK and at #39 in the U.S. which is pretty good for a japanese alternative/metal band.
heppolo
Legend

Postby Tansike » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:31 am

^ True. They are one of the most successful acts on the world's charts coming from Japan atm
Tansike
Legend

Postby phoenix98 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:30 pm

Tansike wrote:Oh no, that’s completely okay. To be fair, Pokémon names aren’t really German, they’re just names, so that’s different. It’s more the latter… or also back in school, most teacher spoke in German during classes, though Swiss-German and German are sometimes completely different and my personal opinion is that German is a foreign language for ‘us’ so I never got why they acted like it’s so important.
Ah, interesting! Admittedly, I don't know anything about the differences between Swiss-German and German :oops: but it's a shame that you're encouraged to stick to German in so many settings (in school, at work), while Swiss-German (your "true" local language) gets pushed aside (or worse, forgotten/erased entirely). :(

Speaking of Pokémon: are you considering checking out Let's Go now that they're available? I'm such a fanboy, I couldn't resist trying out new "main" games/the first Pokémon games for the Switch (I know their status as main/core series games is debatable), so I picked up the Eevee version on Friday. No pressure, though ;) I'm really enjoying it so far (playing at my usual Slowpoke/Flegmon pace), but I can understand how older fans don't think they're worth the investment based on what was revealed before release.

Tansike wrote:There’s nothing exciting to tell about that to be honest. It’s either completely boring as I have a very special taste and dislike like 90-95% of all guys or it’s absolutely demotivating to see so many perfect bodies :lol:
As if you're Jabba the Hutt or something ;) but I know what you mean (especially with all the filters/advanced camera options on phones now, people know exactly how to capture their absolute best angles and make themselves look basically flawless).

Very special taste, eh? Between your man and Josh from twenty one pilots, your tastes don't seem TOO narrow/specific, at least (they're both attractive, of course, but they certainly don't look identical).

Tansike wrote:I completely agree with you about the other thing, even though I also can understand the opponents to that. If you take it, you’re not able to drive at all, while you’re still able to drive after a glass of wine or so, which is probably the biggest reason why so many people are against it; they think the effect is much 'worse' than alcohol. But that's obviously just a 'fairytale' and it would be interesting to find out why so many people are really against something which is quite natural and 'better' than alcohol. That would be such an ideal thing for me to get rid of the sleeping problems and to get rid of being stressed out constantly without the possibility to switch off…
The time and energy that people (especially some politicians) put into demonizing it is just too ridiculous :x :roll: There are serious, life-threatening drug crises out there (like the opioid epidemic here in the US), yet they focus on making pot as inaccessible as possible (and punishing people for using or selling it as harshly as possible). FFS.

Tansike wrote:Thanks. I hope so too. The worst thing that could happen is that it will be the same afterwards like it is now, so there’s basically nothing to lose. Oh sure, as I said in the past, you can ask whatever you want, I’m quite open with things like that… and it’s probably not even something ‘that’ dramatic. Back in 2011, I had an ingrown toenail which had be done with a partial anesthesia. Unfortunately, the anesthesia didn’t work, and even though I was screaming and saying I feel the pain etc., they still continued. I even got 16 (!!) injections instead of 2-3 so that alone was already not cool. And the worst thing about it all was that it was an operation where students were able to watch it as well, so it was also embarrassing to cry and scream on the table there. Once they finally noticed I’m not lying, they left me in the operation room for about 30 minutes with pain etc. without saying what’s happening next…
A week later they tried it again and the anesthesia worked better, still not the way it should have, but they were able to finish the procedure. Once the whole thing was healed it turned out they didn’t do it properly, so I had to do it again a half year later for a third time. But that third time I did it somewhere else, only got 2 injections and it worked perfectly! So even though it’s not even that dramatic and still turned out well enough, I’m still freaking scared from every operation or hospitals overall.
:o **Hug** What a f**king nightmare! You definitely deserve credit for being willing to undergo any other operations after enduring THAT. It sounds like a story from one of those botched surgery shows. :x

I forget exactly when your upcoming procedure is happening, so if it hasn't yet: best of luck/much love! If it has: hope everything went well and recovery is going smoothly!

Tansike wrote:Yes, it was :) But she never really was that big on my charts prior the “hopeless fountain kingdom”, that was where it all really started for her.
Love it when you hit me with those discography screenshots <3 Ah, so she'd never cracked the Top 5 before "Now Or Never"/the HFK era. That No. 18 peak for "Closer," though... :cry:

Tansike wrote:It’s half vocals half instrumental. It’s still quite… boring though. I use(d) to skip it when I listen(ed) to the album. But they always have a very long song on their albums, but 24 minutes was by far a new record and I hope they won’t try to break that record with their next release :lol:
The entire 50-60min album will just be one song that drags on. and on. and on. :lol: #revolutionary #notgeneric

Tansike wrote:Oh okay. Speaking of rankings, I really need to say I’m shocked by the results in the current Artist Survivor… “One Last Time” already out while “Let Me Love You” and “Love Me Harder” are still in. Ok, I can live with the second one, that’s a great tune, but “Let Me Love You” over “One Last Time” and “The Way”?! :o
Ha, yeah, Survivor results can be mighty frustrating/heartbreaking sometimes. They're still fun, but you definitely have to take the results with a grain of salt, since the rules of some rounds can allow just 1-2 users to protect certain songs that they adore, while most other participants might not like them much (like I kept doing with "Moonlight") :lol: People will also randomly jump in during later rounds and only vote for the 1-2 songs they know (when they haven't even heard most of that album or that artist's catalog). Not gonna lie, I was pretty relieved that "God Is A Woman" didn't totally dominate both Survivors :lol: Based on all the love I've seen for it, I thought it would win both by a landslide, so I was really glad that people still showed a lot of support for her other gems too. There does seem to be somewhat of a bias against Yours Truly, though (probably because she didn't start scoring big hits abroad until My Everything, so some dismiss YT as a "kiddie"/training-wheels album and consider ME her "proper" debut).

Tansike wrote:That’s a perfect example of how everyone has a different taste. That pic … :oops:
Although I don't know how they actually identify (I assume straight?), I choose to believe they're the kind of close/tight friends who'd wank together sometimes when they're bored on the tour bus or something... ;) #fanfic

Tansike wrote:Aww, sad to hear that about Sara. So I guess you’re usually enjoying her a lot, do you? Shockingly, “Armor” is her very first chart entry ever on my charts… :oops:
:o No love for "Brave"? Although I knew/liked some of her earlier singles ("Love Song," "King Of Everything"), I'd never heard a full album of hers until "Brave" + "I Choose You" convinced me to check out The Blessed Unrest.

Tansike wrote:1 (4) Ariana Grande – Thank U, Next
4 (1) Lindsey Stirling – I Wonder As I Wander
6 (2) Poppy feat. Grimes – Play Destroy
11 (7) Amaranthe – Countdown
:cry: :cry: :cry: Such a magical, magnificent, momentous week for Queen Ari! Her 15th No. 1 :o "No Tears..." passes 1,000 points! :o I love how the title "Thank U, Next" makes it seem like it'd be some totally bitter/sassy track, with her just shading/shaming all her ex’s…but instead, the song feels really heartfelt and reflective, with her sharing what she's learned and how she’s grown from each prior relationship (while getting more in touch with herself as well). Sweet, inspiring, empowering, and catchy!
• "Play Destroy" is a TRIP! There's some pure-pop-parts that hook me instantly, mixed with some jarring stretches of metal :lol: Thanks for bringing this track to my attention! I've only heard 1-2 Poppy songs (maybe once each), but I'd like to delve deeper into her material sometime.
• I just added "Bad Liar" on Friday, and I'm really liking it so far! Granted, it's still getting over-shadowed by Mariah (and Ari and Carly) right now, but those "trust me, darling..." parts in particular really grab my ear.
• This is the first Cheryl single release since I started following your chart, so did she have much/any presence here in the past? I'm pretty into it myself, but I'm not too shocked by its poor debut in the UK/the fact that people have moved on from her in the four years since her last hit. :(
• Aw...you'd mentioned that Carly was among the ladies who have disappointed you lately (like Ellie and Hailee), but I still wasn't ready for this No. 13 ---> No. 38 drop :x RIP.

Yet another chart with plenty to appreciate, Tansike! :D
phoenix98
Legend

Postby Tansike » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:55 am

phoenix98 wrote:Ah, interesting! Admittedly, I don't know anything about the differences between Swiss-German and German :oops: but it's a shame that you're encouraged to stick to German in so many settings (in school, at work), while Swiss-German (your "true" local language) gets pushed aside (or worse, forgotten/erased entirely). :(

Speaking of Pokémon: are you considering checking out Let's Go now that they're available? I'm such a fanboy, I couldn't resist trying out new "main" games/the first Pokémon games for the Switch (I know their status as main/core series games is debatable), so I picked up the Eevee version on Friday. No pressure, though ;) I'm really enjoying it so far (playing at my usual Slowpoke/Flegmon pace), but I can understand how older fans don't think they're worth the investment based on what was revealed before release.
Well, Swiss-German is very similar to German and Germans probably see it as dialect but for me it’s a language on its own.

I already got Let’s Go Pikachu on Saturday and took some time to play it on Sunday, but just an hour, so I’m not far at all. I watched some videos before buying it and they looked amazing. It’s so cool to have this on a big screen now and being able to go through everything like that. But I got two negative points: First it’s basically the 1st Gen so it’s been played several times and there’s not a lot to discover, so I’m afraid I’ll be bored rather quickly, and second I’m not used yet to the new system of catching new Pokémon. I guess I just need to warm up on this as I’ve never been a big fan of ‘Go’. Since i'll be at home for two weeks soon I will most likely dive much more into this. How far are you now if I may ask?

phoenix98 wrote:As if you're Jabba the Hutt or something ;) but I know what you mean (especially with all the filters/advanced camera options on phones now, people know exactly how to capture their absolute best angles and make themselves look basically flawless).

Very special taste, eh? Between your man and Josh from twenty one pilots, your tastes don't seem TOO narrow/specific, at least (they're both attractive, of course, but they certainly don't look identical).
Haha, who knows? :P

Yes. There’s not a thing I’d call sexy and it counts for every man, there’s more… either it ‘clicks’ or it doesn’t. However, face is a very important thing for me, as a man can have the sexiest body ever but with a face that doesn’t attract me it means nothing to me. Also, my special taste is even more special as I can find someone very sexy today and don’t find him sexy at all the next day, which is kinda weird too :lol:

phoenix98 wrote:The time and energy that people (especially some politicians) put into demonizing it is just too ridiculous :x :roll: There are serious, life-threatening drug crises out there (like the opioid epidemic here in the US), yet they focus on making pot as inaccessible as possible (and punishing people for using or selling it as harshly as possible). FFS.
True! But that’s politics, I guess?!
Anyways, I just got some green stuff for myself a week and a half ago and even though I have the chance to take it every evening I still have sleeping problems, so in fact it’s actually not helping as much as I expected. I’m able to fall asleep good but wake up in the middle of the night and can’t sleep anymore after that :x

phoenix98 wrote: :o **Hug** What a f**king nightmare! You definitely deserve credit for being willing to undergo any other operations after enduring THAT. It sounds like a story from one of those botched surgery shows. :x

I forget exactly when your upcoming procedure is happening, so if it hasn't yet: best of luck/much love! If it has: hope everything went well and recovery is going smoothly!
The thing is, my ex partner even works there, but he started after this all happened. He saw some documents about me and it really seemed like something didn’t go the way it should have, but they seemed to blame me being too nervous etc. but I guess it was just like a vicious circle as it’s obvious how I’m getting more nervous if I have pain etc. so it only gets worse and so on…

Thanks! It’s on the 26th, so next Monday. I’m starting to get REALLY nervous about it, also because there are some things that worry me like I shouldn’t smoke for two weeks after the surgery, already having several appointments for checks with the first one being the day after the surgery at 10am, so I won’t be able to rest at all :roll: Anyways, if you keep your posting pattern then this means I’m already really looking forward to read your reply to this as it will be over by then (or i'm looking forward to it even more than usual :wink: ) :oops:

phoenix98 wrote:Love it when you hit me with those discography screenshots <3 Ah, so she'd never cracked the Top 5 before "Now Or Never"/the HFK era. That No. 18 peak for "Closer," though... :cry:
And I love to share them <3 Yes, the hfk era was her big breakthrough. I know it’s kinda bad that two of your clear faves (“Alone” and “Closer”) didn’t do well for me :(

phoenix98 wrote:The entire 50-60min album will just be one song that drags on. and on. and on. :lol: #revolutionary #notgeneric
I really hope this won’t be the case :lol: I’m too LastFM obsessed to deal with something like that :lol:

phoenix98 wrote:Ha, yeah, Survivor results can be mighty frustrating/heartbreaking sometimes. They're still fun, but you definitely have to take the results with a grain of salt, since the rules of some rounds can allow just 1-2 users to protect certain songs that they adore, while most other participants might not like them much (like I kept doing with "Moonlight") :lol: People will also randomly jump in during later rounds and only vote for the 1-2 songs they know (when they haven't even heard most of that album or that artist's catalog). Not gonna lie, I was pretty relieved that "God Is A Woman" didn't totally dominate both Survivors :lol: Based on all the love I've seen for it, I thought it would win both by a landslide, so I was really glad that people still showed a lot of support for her other gems too. There does seem to be somewhat of a bias against Yours Truly, though (probably because she didn't start scoring big hits abroad until My Everything, so some dismiss YT as a "kiddie"/training-wheels album and consider ME her "proper" debut).
Lol at “Moonlight”. I saw how you saved it in every round and it wasn’t a song which people dislike, so no one really voted it out which is why it went so far. I thought “Let Me Love You” made a similar experience – I can’t imagine it being SO popular among her other strong songs. I think “God Is A Woman” still did fantastic, but I expected it to win the “Sweetener” survivor as it was more popular in every round than “No Tears”, while both of these singles probably benefitted a lot in the Artist Survivor for still being so fresh. I don’t think they would be that popular in let’s say five years. I agree about “Yours Truly” but apart from the US it wasn’t a hit at all, so I can see why its songs didn’t do well.

Do you have a personal Top5 (or so) when it comes to Ariana? As for right now, mine would be “No Tears”, “Break Free”, “God Is A Woman”, “Into You” and “One Last Time” in no particular order, so in the end I’m more than happy with the final survivor results :)

phoenix98 wrote:Although I don't know how they actually identify (I assume straight?), I choose to believe they're the kind of close/tight friends who'd wank together sometimes when they're bored on the tour bus or something... ;) #fanfic
Wait, you can read my mind? :o

phoenix98 wrote: :o No love for "Brave"? Although I knew/liked some of her earlier singles ("Love Song," "King Of Everything"), I'd never heard a full album of hers until "Brave" + "I Choose You" convinced me to check out The Blessed Unrest.
Honestly, I thought “Brave” and especially “Love Song” made short appearances on my charts so I was shocked by myself when I found out “Armor” was her very first notation here. How did you enjoy “The Blessed Unrest”? I always wanted to check her out much more than I did, so I’m glad I’ll finally be able to do so with Apple Music now.

phoenix98 wrote::cry: :cry: :cry: Such a magical, magnificent, momentous week for Queen Ari! Her 15th No. 1 :o "No Tears..." passes 1,000 points! :o I love how the title "Thank U, Next" makes it seem like it'd be some totally bitter/sassy track, with her just shading/shaming all her ex’s…but instead, the song feels really heartfelt and reflective, with her sharing what she's learned and how she’s grown from each prior relationship (while getting more in touch with herself as well). Sweet, inspiring, empowering, and catchy!
• "Play Destroy" is a TRIP! There's some pure-pop-parts that hook me instantly, mixed with some jarring stretches of metal :lol: Thanks for bringing this track to my attention! I've only heard 1-2 Poppy songs (maybe once each), but I'd like to delve deeper into her material sometime.
• I just added "Bad Liar" on Friday, and I'm really liking it so far! Granted, it's still getting over-shadowed by Mariah (and Ari and Carly) right now, but those "trust me, darling..." parts in particular really grab my ear.
• This is the first Cheryl single release since I started following your chart, so did she have much/any presence here in the past? I'm pretty into it myself, but I'm not too shocked by its poor debut in the UK/the fact that people have moved on from her in the four years since her last hit. :(
• Aw...you'd mentioned that Carly was among the ladies who have disappointed you lately (like Ellie and Hailee), but I still wasn't ready for this No. 13 ---> No. 38 drop :x RIP.

Yet another chart with plenty to appreciate, Tansike! :D
2018 is Ariana’s year! The track has much more to offer than expected, the lyrics are so, so good! Funny thing is how I played this to my partner when it came out and he thought it’s kinda boring, and on the weekend he listened to it again and was shocked how good it actually is, especially the lyrics and I was like ‘told ya -.-‘ :lol:

:lol: It really is a trip! Glad you checked it out, I knew you’d be interested in it as it features Grimes. She was the main reason why I checked “Play Destroy” out and it turned out so interesting in a positive way that I even checked out the whole album. There are some other great songs, such as ”Aristocrat”. I think you may enjoy a few songs since it’s quite similar to what Grimes did on “Art Angels”.

Glad to hear this about “Bad Liar”. I think it’s such an improvement after “Zero” and “Machine” and I hope they will shoot a video for it.

“Love Made Me Do It” is just her third appearance here:
Fight For This Love: *1*-4-8-Out-RE 10-Out / 4w
Crazy Stupid Love: 37-Out / 1w

It looks like her songs need to have ‘love’ in their titles to enter my charts :lol:
So from what I’m hearing you’re usually enjoying Cheryl’s music, do you?

“Party For One” simply didn’t click with me as I was hoping for :(
So that are three flops in a row for Zara, Ellie and Carly… and it looks like Ashley Tisdale may follow a similar path as well. Four pop girls who used to SLAY my charts and now this :cry:

Thank you so much :D
Tansike
Legend

Postby JakeP » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:21 pm

Hey Tansike :D

Ahh i was surprised Ariana didn't debut at #1 perhaps the late release didn't help, so its great that thank u, next jumped up to #1. :D I'm astonished at just how popular this song has become considering the hype surrounding No tears left to cry which ended up missing out on #1 in many countries.

I'm really curious to see what the next Ariana single is like, or indeed if they'll just release the album instead.

Baby is a little ray of sunshine but i'm already feeling saddened for Marina. She never got a top 10 hit in the UK and now that she's worked her magic on a Clean Bandit song, it still loos like this may never make the top 10 either. I find it astonishing that this could end up being Clean Bandit's lowest charting single in 4 years. :o

Gorgeous, so happy to see breathin getting a nice boost this week. I'm wondering whether Ariana could stick around the higher tier of your charts until christmas. I know it's too late to be a year end #1 contender but could it compete for a top 10 finish?

The longevity is amazing. It appears to have had a better chart run (more higher weekly peaks) compared to No tears left to cry although the latter still has the advantage of being in the chart longer. I really can't call which of these will rank highest in your year end countdown. What would happen if both songs got same number of points? :o :P Although God is a woman isn't certified 2x platinum yet so maybe the answer is obvious. :lol:

OMG at Ava starting to dominate europe. :D As soon as i heard Sweet but psycho for the first time, i just had this gut feeling it was destined to be a massive success. I fully expect this to be top 10 in the UK within the next couple of weeks. A future #1 in the UK would be remarkable. <3

Poor Cheryl, she releases a new single and everybody seems to be more concerned about her face than her music. :lol: :roll: :( I must admit Cheryl does seem to have aged a bit over these last 4 years and surgery never makes people look younger, just more fake. :x As for the song, it's good but i wouldn't say its flawless. I much prefer Fight for this love and Call my name as my x2 absolute favourite Cheryl songs.

Best of the rest:

22 (RE) Muse – Pressure
JakeP
Superstar

Postby Tansike » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:38 am

JakeP wrote:Hey Tansike :D

Ahh i was surprised Ariana didn't debut at #1 perhaps the late release didn't help, so its great that thank u, next jumped up to #1. :D I'm astonished at just how popular this song has become considering the hype surrounding No tears left to cry which ended up missing out on #1 in many countries.

I'm really curious to see what the next Ariana single is like, or indeed if they'll just release the album instead.
Hey Jake :D

Yep, the late release plus the competition was strong as well. In the end, she really deserved the #1. The success is a surprise for me too and I’m loving it, even though I’d say it’s definitely weaker than all “Sweetener” singles and I don’t think it will show the same strong performance on my charts as those. “No Tears” deserved the success more, even “God Is A Woman”. But she probably just released the song at the most fitting time, plus the social media is going crazy over some lyrics (the ‘thank u, next’ line is already used in so many cases).

I'm surprised they didn't surprise-released the album the Friday after the single came out. I thought that would have been the perfect time to benefit from the current hype.

JakeP wrote:3 (3) Clean Bandit feat. Marina And The Diamonds & Luis Fonsi – Baby

Baby is a little ray of sunshine but i'm already feeling saddened for Marina. She never got a top 10 hit in the UK and now that she's worked her magic on a Clean Bandit song, it still loos like this may never make the top 10 either. I find it astonishing that this could end up being Clean Bandit's lowest charting single in 4 years. :o
Same. It’s actually a huge shock to me how this didn’t take off yet and I have absolutely no idea why. It’s like Marina really is cursed. Demi Lovato, Anne-Marie, Julia Michaels… they all were far from hitmakers yet their songs with Clean Bandit turned out as huge hits, so I have no idea why the public doesn’t feel “Baby”. Personally I think it’s yet another strong tune and probably even better than “Rockabye” or “I Miss You”. I’m so looking forward to their album!

JakeP wrote:5 (10) Ariana Grande – Breathin

Gorgeous, so happy to see breathin getting a nice boost this week. I'm wondering whether Ariana could stick around the higher tier of your charts until christmas. I know it's too late to be a year end #1 contender but could it compete for a top 10 finish?
Video release effect :D So glad she released another strong one for this. Unfortunately, the song will already fall some spots this week and with all the upcoming events (two concert effects next week, Christmas songs which will start to [re-]appear soon, other new releases) I don’t think it will have a similar chartrun like “No Tears” or “God Is A Woman”. It’s still too early to tell how high it will go on the Year-End Charts, but Top10 is basically still possible to achieve with a good chartrun.

JakeP wrote:9 (8) Ariana Grande – God Is A Woman *P*

The longevity is amazing. It appears to have had a better chart run (more higher weekly peaks) compared to No tears left to cry although the latter still has the advantage of being in the chart longer. I really can't call which of these will rank highest in your year end countdown. What would happen if both songs got same number of points? :o :P Although God is a woman isn't certified 2x platinum yet so maybe the answer is obvious. :lol:
We will find out soon :P And, I thought about the certification giving away too many hints about some Year-End positions already last year and even the previous one, so I may or may not update the certifications on time … :P It happens a few times a song has the same points as others, though it never happened for the #1. But I’m usually going with my personal opinion / impact of the song on my daily life to decide which one is higher than the other(s).

JakeP wrote:14 (16) Ava Max – Sweet But Psycho

OMG at Ava starting to dominate europe. :D As soon as i heard Sweet but psycho for the first time, i just had this gut feeling it was destined to be a massive success. I fully expect this to be top 10 in the UK within the next couple of weeks. A future #1 in the UK would be remarkable. <3
This is becoming such a huge hit in Europe :o I didn’t expect that. First a sudden success in Scandinavia and now in the rest of Europe… Australia & US next please :cool: It’s currently #1 on German iTunes and #2 on the official Swiss Charts :o

JakeP wrote:36 (NEW) Cheryl – Love Made Me Do It

Poor Cheryl, she releases a new single and everybody seems to be more concerned about her face than her music. :lol: :roll: :( I must admit Cheryl does seem to have aged a bit over these last 4 years and surgery never makes people look younger, just more fake. :x As for the song, it's good but i wouldn't say its flawless. I much prefer Fight for this love and Call my name as my x2 absolute favourite Cheryl songs.
We can’t blame these people though… she doesn’t look as beautiful as she used to look and it’s so clear that she did some surgery :roll: The song itself is also nothing groundbreaking IMO.

JakeP wrote:Best of the rest:

22 (RE) Muse – Pressure