Lady Gaga #1 on Guinness World Record's 2015 Pop Power Index

Moderator: biscuits

Postby neoepzilon » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:34 am

https://twitter.com/geofftech/status/509617760062930944

don't know how this was calculated with JB at #2 but congrats.
Last edited by neoepzilon on Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reminiscing about life with smokey eyes.
neoepzilon
Manager

Postby toni_pest » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:41 am

legend. and since when is your avatar a .gif
:)
toni_pest
Coming Soon

Postby neoepzilon » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:17 am

I changed it so that you can keep me on your mind.
neoepzilon
Manager

Postby Yoshie » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:24 am

But 8 of the acts below her (bar Shakira) are more popular than her. So um.
Yoshie
Legend

Postby Westen » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:08 am

Her peak was really big, probably biggest since Madonna's 80s, she was global phenomen, so i understand why

Older acts didnt have youtube and social networks but Queen is still on the list 8-)
Westen
Legend

Postby Ivica » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:08 pm

you mean biggest since Britneymania? I agreed Gaga's The Fame/The Fame Monster time was really one of the few biggest eras from females artist!

Britney and Madonna would be much much higher if there was social media in their peaks moments.
Ivica
Legend

Postby Guru » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:49 pm

Gaga can add this accolade to her declining sales :lol:
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby Westen » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:50 pm

nickf1 wrote:you mean biggest since Britneymania? I agreed Gaga's The Fame/The Fame Monster time was really one of the few biggest eras from females artist!

Britney and Madonna would be much much higher if there was social media in their peaks moments.
Britney as brand was big, but as era i dont think so, it had only one global smash (gaga had jd, pf, bd) the fame/m + monster ep in few countries = 17/18.000.000 in this time is much bigger than +20.000.000 15 years ago when album sales were big (tfm outsold baby everywhere except in us so it was bigger)

Era was bigger than baby era, britney as brand i dont know, maybe no
Last edited by Westen on Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Westen
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:58 pm

Britney was easily the biggest popstar since Madonna, her whole peak was flawless, after scoring the biggest female debut of all time with "Baby one more time" she broke records again with "Oops I did it again" and had 2 back to back Diamonds albums, she ruled the world, the Britneymania back then was way stronger and bigger than the ones we see today, and IMO she was the last huge popstar that was produced in the business.

Gaga, had a huge debut that required re-releases / Re-editions to force sales, and her peak was short lived, by the time "Born this way" arrived it wasn't at all an "Oops I did it again".

The biggest female music artist since Britney is definately Adele :wink:
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby MrDiva » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:00 pm

everyone had the album bomt. Why buying singles? :D

anyway. That list is a bad joke
MrDiva
Legend

Postby Westen » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:05 pm

MrLeonix wrote:Britney was easily the biggest popstar since Madonna, her whole peak was flawless, after scoring the biggest female debut of all time with "Baby one more time" she broke records again with "Oops I did it again" and had 2 back to back Diamonds albums, she ruled the world, the Britneymania back then was way stronger and bigger than the ones we see today, and IMO she was the last huge popstar that was produced in the business.

Gaga, had a huge debut that required re-releases / Re-editions to force sales, and her peak was short lived, by the time "Born this way" arrived it wasn't at all an "Oops I did it again".

The biggest female music artist since Britney is definately Adele :wink:
The fame was already over 10.000.000 when it was released and it was top ten eveywhere before tfm was released so that argument is invalid

When its all said and done tfm sales are much imressive for the time it was released, imagine if it was released in 1999 with smashes like jd, pf, lg, papa, maybe over 30.000.000?

It wasnt at all oops and still was the 2nd best selling album of the year giving her critical acclaim (something britney lacked on her first albums) and not to mention it wasn't tfm pt. 2 like oops was ;)
Westen
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:20 pm

^ Oops I did it again received sligthly better critical reception than Born this way and had more memorable hits around the globe as well. As well as huge pop impact.

Metacritic

Oops I did it again - 72 / 100

Born this way - 71 / 100

However, we're not talking about the quality of the albums, we're just talking about peaks. Anything after Britney can rival to her huge peak.
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby Hugo » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:23 pm

5 years after her debut, Britney released this

5 years after her debut, Germanotta released this

I rest my case.

PS: I'm thankful Beyoncé's not on this unworthy list.
"King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby Westen » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:31 pm

MrLeonix wrote:^ Oops I did it again received sligthly better critical reception than Born this way and had more memorable hits around the globe as well. As well as huge pop impact.

Metacritic

Oops I did it again - 72 / 100

Born this way - 71 / 100

However, we're not talking about the quality of the albums, we're just talking about peaks. Anything after Britney can rival to her huge peak.
33 reviews vs 11 , sp its not comparable

My point was: britney bigger as brand
Gaga's era bigger, she sold less only in us, had bigger hits from one first album, also amazing sales for singles when in 1999 if people liked few singles they would probably buy album and that's why single sales were low overall , Gaga also recieved grammies etc.

@hugo: i dont know what you're reading my we're talking about debut era not 5 years into their careers
Westen
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:33 pm

@Hugo I agree 8-) , 5 years after her debut Britney was getting huge acclaimed hits with "Toxic" and "Everytime" , Gaga was releasing fiascos like "Do what U want" and "G.U.Y" :wink:
Last edited by MrLeonix on Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:36 pm

Westen wrote:@hugo: i dont know what you're reading my we're talking about debut era not 5 years into their careers
We're talking about PEAKs, you only focus on debut album because that was the only time Gaga was hot is another story, Britney's peak was more than BOMT :wink:
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby Loveguru » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:39 pm

Even Gaga herself knows that Britney was bigger than her in ALL aspects.

EDIT: Not appropriate for UKMIX.
Forever Young
Loveguru
Legend

Postby Carbon » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:43 pm

I think hugo was on Britney's side with that post :lol:

Although, I still think ARTPOP is not as bad as its reputation suggests, and would take it over any Britney album (or the very popular The Fame for that matter). But oh well.

If Gaga had handled the era normally (like she started with Applause, before the DWUW/label shite), the success would have been bigger and everyone would be raving about how great the album is.
необичните си имаат секој свој пат и тешко се среќаваат

last.fm
Carbon
Legend

Postby MonkeyLover21 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:29 pm

How do we even know if this list is legit? I ask because it just look like someone took a picture of something.

Stan Wars :P

I love Ukmix

"This list is a flop, unworthy, joke"

Insert their faves name at the top, MY QUEEN SLAYING

How unworthy is it now. :lol: :lol:
Last edited by MonkeyLover21 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The winds might blow through me
But I don't care
MonkeyLover21
Manager

Postby Loki0012 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:32 pm

Sorry for the language but
Gaga aint attractive at all she looks kinda like an old cougar mostly.. like those with botox on their faces i found her attractive tho during the Fame era.. she should be more like that
MY PERSONAL CHARTS
NA NA NA NA OH OH
Loki0012
Superstar

Postby MonkeyLover21 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:53 pm

Loki0012 wrote:Sorry for the language but
Gaga aint attractive at all she looks kinda like an old cougar mostly.. like those with botox on their faces i found her attractive tho during the Fame era.. she should be more like that
No :roll:
The winds might blow through me
But I don't care
MonkeyLover21
Manager

Postby Westen » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:30 pm

MrLeonix wrote:
Westen wrote:@hugo: i dont know what you're reading my we're talking about debut era not 5 years into their careers
We're talking about PEAKs, you only focus on debut album because that was the only time Gaga was hot is another story, Britney's peak was more than BOMT :wink:
When i started talking about my opinion i talked only about debut era, so once again twisting my words and changing topic :wink:

I just hope in 10 years gaga wont be in britney's place , we all know how good bj is

And what fiasco with dwuw? Top 10 peaks around the world without video? And guy is her first fiasco, britney had fiasco on her first album (from the bottom of my broken heart, she also had it on second dont let me be the last to know)
Westen
Legend

Postby Westen » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:32 pm

mrlemonade wrote:I think hugo was on Britney's side with that post :lol:

Although, I still think ARTPOP is not as bad as its reputation suggests, and would take it over any Britney album (or the very popular The Fame for that matter). But oh well.

If Gaga had handled the era normally (like she started with Applause, before the DWUW/label shite), the success would have been bigger and everyone would be raving about how great the album is.
This, if album sold more im sure they would all be raving about it here, its always like that... Nost people care only for success and if it flops they decide it's bad because it flopped
Westen
Legend

Postby Loveguru » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:45 pm

Westen wrote:
MrLeonix wrote:
When i started talking about my opinion i talked only about debut era, so once again twisting my words and changing topic :wink:

I just hope in 10 years gaga wont be in britney's place , we all know how good bj is

And what fiasco with dwuw? Top 10 peaks around the world without video? And guy is her first fiasco, britney had fiasco on her first album (from the bottom of my broken heart, she also had it on second dont let me be the last to know)
:lol: :lol: love me some bj
Forever Young
Loveguru
Legend

Postby neoepzilon » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:52 pm

MonkeyLover21 wrote:How do we even know if this list is legit? I ask because it just look like someone took a picture of something.

Stan Wars :P

I love Ukmix

"This list is a flop, unworthy, joke"

Insert their faves name at the top, MY QUEEN SLAYING

How unworthy is it now. :lol: :lol:
Did you check the link I posted in the OP?

Several pictures have been posted of this list and that guy is a record holder and got an advance copy.

I thought it was fake too. It literally looks like something from 2010.
neoepzilon
Manager

Return to World News & Politics