11. “Noise Above Our Heads”
12. “The Colour in Anything”
13. “My Willing Heart”
14. “Two Men Down”
15. “Modern Soul”
16. “Always”
17. “Meet You in the Maze”

Release date: May 6, 2016

Promo single: I Need a Forest Fire (feat. Bon Iver)

--

--

--

--

On James Blake's final show of his BBC Radio 1 residency, he announced the name of his forthcoming new album, the follow-up to 2013's Overgrown. It's called Radio Silence. The show was originally broadcast in December, but the audio only just appeared on Soundcloud. The album announcement happens during the show at about the 1:40 mark, as Consequence of Sound points out. The album is rumored to feature contributions from Kanye West and Justin Vernon.
Source

Yasssss, I'm screaming from excitement! Justin Vernon and Kanye :cry:
Last edited by ArmyOfMe on Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:45 am, edited 3 times in total.
ArmyOfMe
Superstar

Postby Vindrag » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:15 pm

That latest EP of him didn't impress me much, I've only played it once though so it could end up being a grower... Considering all the amazing stuff he's done before it's hard to believe I won't end up liking that one too!

Collabs sounds risky, could end up being too overwhelming or pretentious, not that I don't like them, but when working with other artist the material just doesn't sound right.
Luc

I have hatred towards the entire world,
and you are no exception
Vindrag
Legend

Postby ArmyOfMe » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:21 pm

Vindrag wrote:That latest EP of him didn't impress me much, I've only played it once though so it could end up being a grower... Considering all the amazing stuff he's done before it's hard to believe I won't end up liking that one too!

Collabs sounds risky, could end up being too overwhelming or pretentious, not that I don't like them, but when working with other artist the material just doesn't sound right.
The EP is not that great, but his albums are always better than the EP's, IMO. The latters always feel like experiments to me, not the final product (that is the album).
Don't know about the collabs, he collaborated with RZA on his last album and it was excellent, but his other collabo with Bon Iver has never impressed me much tbh. I'll give him the benefit of doubt :D
ArmyOfMe
Superstar

Postby Vindrag » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:49 pm

You're right about that! Thinking about it... Apparently I'd forgotten one of my absolute J.B. favorites:

BONUS

So, working with Kanye might work, although I'd like to have non-distorted vocals too.

Gosh, that track makes me invincible!
Luc

and you are no exception
Vindrag
Legend

Postby NothingFails » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:57 pm

Not a fan of Kanye, but this might do wonders for James' career.... look what it's done to that newcomer Paul McCartney :lol:
NothingFails
Legend

Postby heppolo » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:04 pm

NothingFails wrote:Not a fan of Kanye, but this might do wonders for James' career.... look what it's done to that newcomer Paul McCartney :lol:
Well, jokes aside, it is obviously a hit or miss.
Wonder why Kanye suddenly got into the indie scene
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby Vindrag » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:07 pm

heppolo wrote:
NothingFails wrote:Not a fan of Kanye, but this might do wonders for James' career.... look what it's done to that newcomer Paul McCartney :lol:
Suddenly? Hasn't he penetrated the indie scene for quite some time now? Hit or miss.
Luc

and you are no exception
Vindrag
Legend

Postby NothingFails » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:08 pm

heppolo wrote:
He's been into it for some years now. He worked with Bon Iver in 2008 or so
NothingFails
Legend

Postby heppolo » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:10 pm

NothingFails wrote:He's been into it for some years now. He worked with Bon Iver in 2008 or so
I know but James Blake especially after his 1-800 Dinosaur monicker may be a wild card in terms of collaborations.
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby NothingFails » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:16 pm

heppolo wrote:
NothingFails wrote:He's been into it for some years now. He worked with Bon Iver in 2008 or so
I know but James Blake especially after his 1-800 Dinosaur monicker may be a wild card in terms of collaborations.
While I dislike Kanye for several reasons, namely his ego and his association with the Kardashian family, I do respect that he seems to come across as someone who is truly a fan of music, and doesn't just base value on how many units he can sell off of it. He knows he has enough name value that he can do what he wants, and that's what he does. He doesn't come off as a "please love me" type like Taylor Swift who will never do anything that could jeopardize losing millions of units.
NothingFails
Legend

Postby Hugo » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:17 pm

I like Overgrown more than James Blake, so I hope he keeps getting better with each release.
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby Serby » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:20 pm

Vindrag wrote:You're right about that! Thinking about it... Apparently I'd forgotten one of my absolute J.B. favorites:

BONUS
Might be my fave song of his, it's just amazing! I even made lyrics video for it and it has 6k views on YT - HERE. :oops: :lol:

I'm excited!!!
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby NothingFails » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:22 pm

hugo wrote:I like Overgrown more than James Blake, so I hope he keeps getting better with each release.
Same here. I like the debut too but Overgrown had more actual "songs" whereas the first album were mostly fragments of song expanded and was more about the production.
NothingFails
Legend

Postby Vindrag » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:25 pm

Serby wrote:
Vindrag wrote:You're right about that! Thinking about it... Apparently I'd forgotten one of my absolute J.B. favorites:

BONUS
Might be my fave song of his, it's just amazing! I even made lyrics video for it and it has 6k views on YT - HERE. :oops: :lol:

I'm excited!!!
Go Serby!!! 8-) 8-) I'm surprised actually.... the song is so underrated!!
Luc

and you are no exception
Vindrag
Legend

Postby Vindrag » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:26 pm

NothingFails wrote:
hugo wrote:I like Overgrown more than James Blake, so I hope he keeps getting better with each release.
Same here. I like the debut too but Overgrown had more actual "songs" whereas the first album were mostly fragments of song expanded and was more about the production.
This! Agree.
Luc

and you are no exception
Vindrag
Legend

Postby Serby » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:43 pm

Vindrag wrote:Go Serby!!! 8-) 8-) I'm surprised actually.... the song is so underrated!!
I was such a stan. 8-) :lol:

I actually never really got into his first album, bar the few songs. Overgrown, however, was perfect.
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby jszmiles » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:58 pm

Oh god why he's chosen Kanye, the worst person on planet, he could collab with Britney or Rebecca Black - I am sure it would sound better
jszmiles
Legend

Postby Serby » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:23 pm

jszmiles wrote:Oh god why he's chosen Kanye, the worst person on planet, he could collab with Britney or Rebecca Black - I am sure it would sound better
kbye, kurwa
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby jszmiles » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:32 pm

Serby wrote:
jszmiles wrote:Oh god why he's chosen Kanye, the worst person on planet, he could collab with Britney or Rebecca Black - I am sure it would sound better
kbye, kurwa
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
jszmiles
Legend

Postby Serby » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:34 pm

btw, every single Slavic-speaking country says it like that, just with v instead of w. :P

Do we know anything about first single?
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby jszmiles » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:39 pm

I hope it's not Kanye collabo. If he really needs him on this LP, please let it be only bonus track on North Pole edition
jszmiles
Legend

Postby ArmyOfMe » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:04 am

Serby wrote:btw, every single Slavic-speaking country says it like that, just with v instead of w. :P
In trasliterated Russian it's "kurva" as well, but then again the word is acquired from Polish, cause Russians normally use "suka" or "shlyukha" :P

BTW, Every Day I Ran is epic, I agree! But both of his albums are really on the same level, I could never choose one tbh
ArmyOfMe
Superstar

Postby Virgostar » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:29 am

Looking forward to a new album! Loved Overgrown, couldn't get into anything I heard from the self-titled debut though.

If the rumours re: a Kanye collab are true, I'll reserve judgement until I hear it. I can't stand the man either for the same reasons NF mentioned, but I'll judge the track on its merits or detriments. The RZA collab from Overgrown worked out alright, whose to say that this won't?

Oh & Every Day I Ran is sooooooooooooooooooo overrated on here, but points to you Serby for getting a 6K video!
Let's embrace the point of no return.
Virgostar
Ex-Admin

Postby urbanmusik » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:41 am

I was obsessed with Overgrown, so I'm expecting big things. The EP was nice enough but I'm far more excited about his album material.

Yesssss at the Yeezus collaboration.
urbanmusik
The College Dropout

Postby GetBack » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:45 am

jszmiles wrote:I hope it's not Kanye collabo. If he really needs him on this LP, please let it be only bonus track on North Pole edition
Me too, there's something about him that's just so off-putting, I'm sure he'll claim to have "discovered" James once he takes off in the mainstream. :roll: :roll:
GetBack
Legend

Return to Rock/Alternative