Doctor Foster

Postby Thriller » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:23 pm

Best new drama of 2015, Suranne Jones has been fantastic in this and I've been gripped since the first episode! Can't wait to see how tonight's finale ends.
Thriller

Postby menime123 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:51 pm

I have literally just spent the last 5 hours of my life watching the entire series back to back. What a great series! Easily the best new British show of 2015.

Surrane Jones is little gem. I've watched her in loads and she never fails to disappoint. You felt everything she was going through and whilst watching I don't think anyone could help but think what they'd do in the same situation.

The reveal was everything! There is no way I could have watched this week on week waiting for it though. I have mixed feelings about the last scene though - the husband is banned from contacting them but is still with his mistress, so basically walks into a second family and starts over instantly. The blonde slut should have dropped his ass.

I know the series followed the marriage breakdown but I do think there's scope for a second - but it ended nicely just in case there isn't.

Say what you want about the BBC but this, along with The Fall and Happy Valley showcase they really do invest in great new drama. Actually, their drama output has been incredibly strong over the last 2 months - I've really enjoyed their one off period drama, such as Cider With Rosie, Lady Chatterley's Lover and The Suspicious Lady W.
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
menime123
Superstar

Postby mark2809 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:41 am

Loved this! I caught up on episodes 1-4 this week and watched the finale last night :D

It was so intense from start to finish, Suranne Jones acting was so good!
Grow up Veronica!
mark2809
Personal Assistant

Postby Thriller » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:30 pm

I wish Simon and Kate had more of a comeuppance - I wanted Gemma to batter Kate - but it was a tense finale from beginning to end!

Really hope there's a second series. She's a great character and they could easily create a new dilemma for her. 8m viewers last night!

BBC drama is definitely better than ITV on the whole.
Thriller

Postby LJC123 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:46 pm

Renewed for a second series!

Great news... But not entirely sure where they will go with it? I'm defo watching though!
LJC--->>
LJC123
Manager

Postby Wayne » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:55 pm

I also wonder where they will go with season 2.

Good news that it got renewed though!
"If we are all in the gutter
It doesn’t change who we are
‘Cause some of us in the gutter
Are looking up at the stars"
Wayne
Legend

Postby Thriller » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:31 pm

I'm sure they create another trauma for her.
Thriller

Postby Thombus » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:44 pm

It was an awesome series but like Broadchurch it should be left as is. The entire story focuses on her finding out about the affair and the fallout thereafter, there isn't much else to tell.
Thombus
Tran Fan

Postby menime123 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:25 pm

Second series starts this week :D

Re-watched series 1 this weekend, such a brilliantly written and acted show. Suranne Jones at her best.
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
menime123
Superstar

Postby SholasBoy » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:21 pm

I'm rewatching Series 1 now too, so hyped for S2
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Postby Thriller » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:45 pm

CANNOT. WAIT.
Thriller

Postby menime123 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:41 pm

Hope to God they get their comeuppance this time around. I don't really feel like the husband did too badly - the moment he got into Kate's car and not Gemma's he must have known he'd given up everything - including his son.

If anyone ever cheated on me I wouldn't let them know I knew. I'd want to make sure they'd lose everything first. A family member was in a very similar position to Gemma actually and she just walked out (no kids) leaving him to it. She left everything, including the house, which he quickly moved his pregnant mistress into. Never in a million years could I just walk away. At the very minimum I'd put raw fish and chicken under the floorboards.
menime123
Superstar

Postby Thriller » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:57 pm

Cracking first episode, lots of tension and some fantastic writing already!

It would be so awful for someone who wronged you to come back, rub it all in your face and then drive off with your son. I hope she unleashes the full loony.
Thriller

Postby menime123 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:30 pm

Great episode. Clearly she is going to make him lose everything this time and it'll be a hell of a ride getting there. The git isn't even sorry! Her only stipulation the first time around was she got to keep her house and her son - now he has a bigger house and their son: the shit is going to hit the fan :lol:

I did wonder if she'll go down the road of making him cheat on his new wife with her. That seems a little too simple somehow.
menime123
Superstar

Postby Thriller » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:47 pm

menime123 wrote:I did wonder if she'll go down the road of making him cheat on his new wife with her. That seems a little too simple somehow.
I thought that.
Thriller

Postby king_oxymoron » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:01 pm

Yes I'm glad they showed us he still had that side of him but put a firm 'no' to that happening. Though I suspect he is still stupid enough to do that even if it's part of a trap she lays.

SUCH tense and gripping TV!
king_oxymoron
Lickin' On Both Sides

Postby menime123 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:35 pm

You know, I'm surprised he only cheated on her with just the one woman. That horrible, horrible friend - Roz - I wouldn't be surprised if she had a fling with him at some point. She's such a bitch :-?
menime123
Superstar

Postby SholasBoy » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:43 pm

Ros is the worst friend ever :lol: I loved the first episode, DF is still as unhinged as ever, I hope the whole thing wraps up with Simon finally getting what he deserves! It is bound to come out that he's already been cheating IMO!
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Postby LJC123 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:36 pm

Amazing intense episode! When he appeared at the house at took Tom. I felt her pain... such a terrific actress!
LJC--->>
LJC123
Manager

Postby LJC123 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:09 pm

Bit of a letdown after last weeks episode...

Why was she drunk in her sons friends bedroom :-? :lol:
LJC--->>
LJC123
Manager

Postby Thriller » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:27 pm

She was so loony and inappropriate throughout that episode, I adore her :lol:

She's really losing this game at the moment and I'm struggling to see how Simon's going to come unstuck... just WHAT has he said to Tom to make him so anti-Gemma though?

She needs an ally now and I wonder if it'll be that blonde GP. I still think Ros is an even bigger snake than we know.
Thriller

Postby menime123 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:24 pm

Thriller wrote:She was so loony and inappropriate throughout that episode, I adore her :lol:

She's really losing this game at the moment and I'm struggling to see how Simon's going to come unstuck... just WHAT has he said to Tom to make him so anti-Gemma though?

She needs an ally now and I wonder if it'll be that blonde GP. I still think Ros is an even bigger snake than we know.
I’m guessing Simon told Tom that Gemma wanted to abort him. I genuinely can’t think of anything else that could turn you so fully against your own Mother.

Simon is winning and it pisses me off. I love how bat-shit crazy Gemma is being, but you wouldn’t just leave a dinner party without telling anyone, blag wine off a kid or stand outside your ex’s house in the woods then go try and shag your fancy man in a club.

Basically I kinda feel like they’re not doing enough to make us on Gemma’s side - they’re relying on series 1 too much.
menime123
Superstar

Postby LJC123 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:30 pm

They are just setting it up to look like she's a failure but she's gonna pull it out the bag somehow.
LJC--->>
LJC123
Manager

Postby SholasBoy » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:37 pm

I loved the episode because you didn't know what was going to happen next, she's unhinged!! I feel the woman who lives opposite is the one that's sold Gemma down the river for revenge for the cheating.
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Return to Entertainment