Britney Spears - Private Show

Moderators: Spartan, urbanmusik

Postby Mainshow » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:18 pm

Promo single for Britney's upcoming 9th studio album.

It is used in her latest commercial spot for her fragrance "Private Show".

The spot was released minutes ago:

Britney Spears knows how to put on a show!

ET is exclusively premiering her brand new commercial for her latest fragrance, Private Show – and the sultry 60-second spot features a lengthy first listen of her new tune of the same name (in the player above).

The catchy track will appear on the 34-year-old’s highly anticipated ninth studio album, ET exclusively confirmed.

And just like the song, Britney’s ad is steamy!

It was shot and directed by Randee St. Nichols -- who also worked with Britney on her Femme Fatale album shoot and more recently shot the glitzy campaign for her Las Vegas residency, Piece of Me.

At about the 32-second mark of the spot, you can hear Britney start to croon the words to her tune as she shows off her impressive dance move in a skimpy black two-piece – complete with fishnet stockings and black stilettos.

When the chorus kicks in, she sings, ‘take your seat now, put on a private show… pull the curtains until they close.’

And just before the commercial ends, Britney goes from wearing the dominatrix-inspired ensemble to sporting a shimmering silver bodysuit, giving us so many ‘Toxic’ music video vibes!
Read more and watch the video:

http://www.etonline.com/music/193123_ex ... _new_song/
Last edited by Mainshow on Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#JUSTICE4ALEKSEEV
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Tansike » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:22 pm

I'm sorry but her vocals sound awful on this :o hopefully the version on the album will be a bit better, or the song is a grower :oops:
Tansike
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:24 pm

Little preview here:

The full commercial is getting released in a few hours. She looks stunning.
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:27 pm

Tansike wrote:I'm sorry but her vocals sound awful on this :o hopefully the version on the album will be a bit better, or the song is a grower :oops:
It is not my cup of tea either.

I am just glad that she's back and confident this time.
Also, it is a lovely surprise to get some promo and new music before the actual lead single.

I'd never imagine Britney to shoot a mini music video for a new song which will be simply used to promote her latest perfume.

I like the verse and the arrangement. Usually, Britney shines when the arrangement is stripped-down to the core (He About To Lose Me, Why Should I Be Sad and Blur come up to my mind) but I think that her voice is very demanding to even a bit annoying on "Private Show"s chorus. The song will clearly not ne one of my favourites but at least, she's trying something new and present it her fans in the best way possible.
Last edited by Mainshow on Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#JUSTICE4ALEKSEEV
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Biebz » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:28 pm

Mainshow wrote:
Tansike wrote:I'm sorry but her vocals sound awful on this :o hopefully the version on the album will be a bit better, or the song is a grower :oops:
It is not my cup of tea either.
+1
my reputation's never been worse so you must like me for me
Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby Mainshow » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:29 pm

MrLeonix wrote:Little preview here:

The full commercial is getting released in a few hours. She looks stunning.
It is already out:

http://www.etonline.com/music/193123_ex ... _new_song/
#JUSTICE4ALEKSEEV
Mainshow
Legend

Postby spiritboy » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:32 pm

She looks great :o
spiritboy
Legend

Postby rmpo » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:34 pm

I don't think that her vocals sound that bad. I mean comparing to most of Britney Jean era vocals... Myah Marie wtv
rmpo
Groupie

Postby MrLeonix » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:37 pm

Song is a grower tho , it could be contrasting at first, but its that type of song that gets the ear used to it after some time. its quite a new direction for her.

BTW Mainshow, are you sure this is a "Buzz single"? I think its only the theme song of her new Perfume commercial and thats it, I doubt this get a further release or anything outside of the 60sec add.
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby toxicALIENS » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:48 pm

I like it but it's not the sound I want from her
BS:TS:IA:NM
toxicALIENS
Superstar

Postby MrLeonix » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:50 pm

The official Add

The album will be quite diverse I see, considering "Make me" sounds different to this.
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby MrRager » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:17 pm

Omfg the vocals on Private Show practically gave me a seizure! WTF this era is shaping up to be as bad as BJ :lol:
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby Carbon » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:20 pm

this sounds so bad. thank god it's not a proper single, especially the lead. Make Me seems like it will be good.
необичните си имаат секој свој пат и тешко се среќаваат

last.fm
Carbon
Legend

Postby joiPrince_JO » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:44 pm

This is not a "buzz single". It's just a song she recorded for a perfume commercial. I'm not too fond of the track tbh.
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.
joiPrince_JO
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:55 pm

It is not a buzz single like "Flopcus" by Ariana Grande but it's clearly a promo song/single for her upcoming project. And who knows... it's not uncommon to put a song out before the actual album release to create "buzz". Time will tell.. for now, we simply have some sort of a promo single which had been sent to different media (Internet, TV) to be aired in the context of a commercial ad.

Howeer, I deleted the word "buzz" in my first post & added the video.
#JUSTICE4ALEKSEEV
Mainshow
Legend

Postby thankfulforkelly » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:00 pm

the song itself sounds a little annoying, although not bad, but Britney's vocals sound terrible :lol: the even more tragic thing is this is still better than like 90% of Britney Jean :lol:
Reaching your lemon
Say you're reaching your lemon
Going over your lemon
thankfulforkelly
Manager

Postby Mainshow » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:02 pm

More "Behind The Scenes" footage:

http://extratv.com/videos/0-14k1gsdn
#JUSTICE4ALEKSEEV
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Ivica » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:04 pm

this is amazing, from the clip to the song.
Ivica
Legend

Postby ThaInfo1 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:25 pm

I like how the song sounds. It's different from her.
'SCAPE
ThaInfo1
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:27 pm

thankfulforkelly wrote: :lol: the even more tragic thing is this is still better than like 90% of Britney Jean :lol:
:lol:

I think there's more love, work and commitment put into this new era than BJ. Her previous era was disliked by her fans not just because of the music, yes it was bad, but it was also because there wasn't investment on it, no promo, she was lazy, no esclusives, visuals weren't that good, no experimentation or trying new sounds on the album, it just felt like they didn't even care about it.

There's a lot of stuff that take part on a era and this time she's considerably stepping her game up. She literally slayed this promo ad so her visuals have dramatically improved, the visual aspect plays a very important part in the pop field and if you're a pop star you have to be a solid visual artist, her performing, beauty, looks and stage persona haven't been this good in years, probably since "Circus" or even prior to that and that adds a big plus to the era and makes it more enjoyable. And musically she's back on track, this tune may not be everyone's cup of tea, but "Make me" the actual lead single of the era is sounding very promising, the video is looking quite extreme but musically the song is profiling to become one of the best lead singles of her career. Not to mention she's been fully investing and focused on this era and her career this year and she's opened to do TV live performances again, she did the BBMAs and she's highly rumored for VMAs which gives a more exciting feeling than the BJ period.

I feel more effort this time. Her fans are happy. Brit is back :wink:
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby oaknuys » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:43 pm

I could hear Nick Jonas throughout the song lol as if Nick did a britney parody lollll

Nevertheless the video is outstanding! And the song is nothing big to write home about. I hope the album's one biiiiiig comeback though!
Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting :)
oaknuys
Manager

Postby Thriller » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:07 pm

This thread will be re-opened if/when this becomes a promotional single/single, rather than an advert.

For now, feel free to discuss it in her General Artists thread here :)
Thriller

Postby JimJim » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:44 am

Instant grat track if you pre-order the album, thread re-opened.
JimJim
Elusive Chanteuse

Postby toxicALIENS » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:50 am

The last 30 seconds is one of the most involved things she's ever done in a song, shame it isn't with something better tho :lol:
BS:TS:IA:NM
toxicALIENS
Superstar

Postby Nippian93 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:56 am

Nippian93 wrote:Private Show is one of the worst things I have heard in a very long time.
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Return to Pop