Steps - Tears on the Dancefloor

Moderators: Spartan, king_oxymoron

Postby AussiePopStar8 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:03 am

Coming a whopping 17 YEARS after their last original studio album "Buzz" Brit pop super group Steps are returning with a new album titled...

"Tears On The Dancefloor" to be released 21.4.17

Group members are currently teasing a countdown on social media with small instrumental snippets and the album has been up and down repeatedly for preorder on Amazon so it seems that there are all systems go on the reunion to celebrate the groups 20th anniversary with a strongly rumoured arena tour to support the new release and reunion.
Are you excited?
"Time to begin, now count me in... 5,6,7,8"
Happy endings are just stories that haven't finished yet...
AussiePopStar8
Manager

Postby SummerPeur » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:06 am

WHAT?!?!?
Love, is love, is love. - Kylie M.
SummerPeur
Superstar

Postby naughty » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:42 am

Yeah, I got Twitter notification that H and Lee are tweeting about Steps 20, and got so excited, can't wait for the slay!!
naughty
Superstar

Postby joiPrince_JO » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:48 am

Why?
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.
joiPrince_JO
Superstar

Postby Ewokguy15 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:56 am

joiPrince_JO wrote:Why?
Same reason Britney does… because they want to.
Ewokguy15
Manager

Postby Belgo » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:02 pm

Why not?

It's the same team that handled the All Saints come back, so I'm pretty excited.
Belgo
Manager

Postby joiPrince_JO » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:16 pm

But shouldn't they release a new single first?
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.
joiPrince_JO
Superstar

Postby Hype » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:40 pm

Do you really think a Steps single will chart will in this day and age!?

I'm looking forward to this! I love this 90s nostalgia with everyone coming back (except Take That, time to call it a day lads) I hope it's as cheesy and camp as I'm hoping.
A N D W I T H O N E S T R I K E / M Y W O R L D L I G H T S U P I N A F I R E
Hype
Legend

Postby Thriller » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:48 pm

Looking forward to it! The Christmas album was a rubbish idea. They should forget chasing chart positions and stay faithful to their sound. I'm sure the album will easily go top 10.
Thriller

Postby SholasBoy » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:21 pm

17 years? Really?! Wow...it feels like just the other week their awful music was ruling the charts :lol:
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Postby jamiedazzled » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:30 pm

They are on Ant & Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway next weekend.
The countdown clips are already better than the whole Light Up The World project :lol: :lol: :lol:
jamiedazzled
Manager

Postby AussiePopStar8 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:37 am

Fascination did a great job with re-establishing All Saints and gave them the reunion they should've had 1st time around so hopefully it'll be the same for STEPS.
Just a heads up I promised myself that if/when they announce the tour I'll be coming to the U.K but I'll be doing so solo so I'll need some friends in the know, lol.
AussiePopStar8
Manager

Postby Ewokguy15 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:56 am

First single is called Scared of the Dark!
Ewokguy15
Manager

Postby Thriller » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:33 pm

I wonder if the single is being released as early as this Friday if they're on TV next Saturday?!
Thriller

Postby NoAngels » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:55 pm

Glad they're doing something for their fans unlike my Spice :cry: :cry:
Don't Worry, Cause You're Really Not That Hard to Replace.
NoAngels
Superstar

Postby Ewokguy15 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:21 pm

we will hear it tomorrow from what I've been told.
Ewokguy15
Manager

Postby SummerPeur » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:23 pm

I really hope, they have put time and effort into this release.

If its crap and they are doing it for quick money grab, I will be :evil:.
Love, is love, is love. - Kylie M.
SummerPeur
Superstar

Postby Ewokguy15 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:00 am

Single is classic Steps, won't be a hit but the fans will love it. It's been described as similar to Untouched by The Veronica's. Very Claire heavy chorus.
Last edited by Ewokguy15 on Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ewokguy15
Manager

Postby MrDiva » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:10 am

We will see
LIKE VICTORIA FOX ON FACEBOOK
https://www.facebook.com/VictoriaFoxNow/
Follow me on Instagram @mrdeeva
MrDiva
Superstar

Postby AussiePopStar8 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:20 am

It’s been 5, 6, 7, 8 — no, 20 entire years since the debut of British pop sensations STEPS. And now, Claire, Faye, Lee, H and Lisa are back “with loads of fun things” planned for 2017. (Yes, that’s right: Lisa Scott-Lee is a pop star once again.)

In a new video announcement released in a mailer this evening (Mar. 5), the reunited “Tragedy” troupe revealed that they’ll be dropping a fifth studio album called Tears On The Dancefloor (amazing), accompanied by a British tour — called the Party On The Dancefloor Tour (see what they did there?) — coming in November and December.
The 15-date arena tour will feature the Vengaboys (!!!) as their opening act, according to an exclusive in The Sun.

The lead single from the album is called “Scared Of The Dark,” which will be released on Friday, and reportedly has “a more mature sound that is bound to go down a storm in nightclubs from here to Ibiza.” Even more legendary? Benny Andersson and Bjorn Ulvaeus of ABBA — yes, the ABBA — gave the group a song on the upcoming album called “Story Of A Heart.”

“We’re just what everyone needs right now. People are ready for something a little bit more happy, upbeat and pop. What pop used to be. I think it’s good timing,” Faye tells The Sun.

STEPS initially confirmed their impending reunion this year with a performance at London’s G-A-Y on New Year’s Eve, and started teasing an announcement last week with a countdown on their social media accounts. The campy co-ed group first debuted in 1997 with Top 20 UK hit “5,6,7,8,” later dropping their multi-platinum debut album, Step One, in 1998.
A Benny and Bjorn song as well?!?
They're really doing everything right aren't they?

I'm sooooooo nervous about trying to get a ticket from all the way here in Oz.
If I'm going to come all that way I'm thinking of pulling out the big guns and going for a meet and greet but I want to know how much I'm in for..... GAH so nervous!!!
AussiePopStar8
Manager

Postby Belgo » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:32 am

Album cover :

Belgo
Manager

Postby AussiePopStar8 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:49 am

Soooooo apparently there's pre sale starting tomorrow for the tour?!?!
All of this is happening so fast!
AussiePopStar8
Manager

Postby menime123 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:49 am

So hyped for this :lol:

Everyone will always need a cheesey pop group in their lives - I hope they perform the new single on A&D and not a medley.
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
menime123
Superstar

Postby AussiePopStar8 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:52 am

There's also apparently ticket prices out but I can't find them :(
Can anyone help and Aussie out?
AussiePopStar8
Manager

Postby Benny » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:56 am

AussiePopStar8 wrote:
It’s been 5, 6, 7, 8 — no, 20 entire years since the debut of British pop sensations STEPS. And now, Claire, Faye, Lee, H and Lisa are back “with loads of fun things” planned for 2017. (Yes, that’s right: Lisa Scott-Lee is a pop star once again.)

In a new video announcement released in a mailer this evening (Mar. 5), the reunited “Tragedy” troupe revealed that they’ll be dropping a fifth studio album called Tears On The Dancefloor (amazing), accompanied by a British tour — called the Party On The Dancefloor Tour (see what they did there?) — coming in November and December.
The 15-date arena tour will feature the Vengaboys (!!!) as their opening act, according to an exclusive in The Sun.

The lead single from the album is called “Scared Of The Dark,” which will be released on Friday, and reportedly has “a more mature sound that is bound to go down a storm in nightclubs from here to Ibiza.” Even more legendary? Benny Andersson and Bjorn Ulvaeus of ABBA — yes, the ABBA — gave the group a song on the upcoming album called “Story Of A Heart.”

“We’re just what everyone needs right now. People are ready for something a little bit more happy, upbeat and pop. What pop used to be. I think it’s good timing,” Faye tells The Sun.

STEPS initially confirmed their impending reunion this year with a performance at London’s G-A-Y on New Year’s Eve, and started teasing an announcement last week with a countdown on their social media accounts. The campy co-ed group first debuted in 1997 with Top 20 UK hit “5,6,7,8,” later dropping their multi-platinum debut album, Step One, in 1998.
A Benny and Bjorn song as well?!?
They're really doing everything right aren't they?

I'm sooooooo nervous about trying to get a ticket from all the way here in Oz.
If I'm going to come all that way I'm thinking of pulling out the big guns and going for a meet and greet but I want to know how much I'm in for..... GAH so nervous!!!
The Benny & Björn song 'Story Of A Heart' was already recorded by the Benny Andersson band in 2009. It wasn't especially written for Steps.
Benny
Legend

Return to Pure Pop