Melanie C - Hold On (Feat. Alex Francis)

Moderators: Spartan, urbanmusik

Postby freeme » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:47 pm

Alex Francis, 27, who describes his music as a mixture of rock and soul, revealed that the track will receive extensive airplay on national radio next month.

Explaining how the collaboration came around, Alex, who is the brother of singer songwriter James Bay, said: "I know a couple of people who have worked with Melanie C before.

"She was working on this new duet track and they were looking for the right voice to match." I went along and I guess my voice just fit with the sound they are looking for. She is a really lovely lady.

"The track is going to be released in April, I am not exactly sure when but some point during the month, and is going to feature extensively on national radio, which is really exciting."

However the duet is not the only collaboration between Alex and Sporty Spice. The Hitchin-born singer is set to hit the road as Mel C's opening act in April and May.

"My live agent, who books my gigs, also books Mel C's gigs so it just made sense that I open for her on the tour," he said.

"We are playing shows in the UK starting on April 4, then in May the tour is going to Europe, we have got shows in Ireland and Germany.

"These will be the first shows I have played outside the country."

This year is shaping up to be a big one for Alex Francis, from the duet to Mel C, to releasing a brand new single Make Believe on Friday, and playing festivals across the country.

"I have got a new EP coming out in early April, we have not got a firm date yet but it will be out for the tour, if you come to a show you will be able to buy physical copies.

http://www.hertfordshiremercury.co.uk
don't disturb this groove!
freeme
Manager

Postby MusicRecords » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:37 pm

Damn release after release, she needs a proper hit again already
MusicRecords
Legend

Postby nekoocz » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:49 pm

i thought they will go with Version of me, ive heard it on radio32 in Switzerland
nekoo.cz - follow me
nekoocz
Legend

Postby freeme » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:12 pm

The promotion is messy.....
don't disturb this groove!
freeme
Manager

Postby muzik_biz_wiz » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:51 pm

She should've waited until new year to release the album. 90% of its sales came from pre order hence the insane drop. But those sales would've been a top 10 in January, way better publicity.
Uk the only way
muzik_biz_wiz
Manager

Postby Debs_Wild » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:10 pm

German TV Premiere:

Debs_Wild
Personal Assistant

Postby nekoocz » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:33 pm

Boring ... just boring
nekoo.cz - follow me
nekoocz
Legend

Postby oaknuys » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:40 pm

nekoocz wrote:Boring ... just boring
Unfortunately Its true.
Mel can come up with fantastic stuff whenever she wants to, this one unfortunately is a snoozefest, nevertheless it saddens me Mel is completely ignored by her home market for all these years.
Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting :)
oaknuys
Manager

Postby Debs_Wild » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:55 am

'Hold On' is available as of TODAY on iTunes, Amazon, Spotify and all other major online retailers and streaming services. :D

Debs_Wild
Personal Assistant

Postby Debs_Wild » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:03 pm

Debs_Wild
Personal Assistant

Return to Pop