Guess the album by its cover - Season 4 (FINISHED)

Moderators: tdc2000, Spartan

Postby SilentDream » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:06 pm

Hello and welcome to the fourth season of the ukmix game "Guess the album by its cover". First of all I want to say that this is a new experience for me, because apart from a few survivors I haven't hosted anything on ukmix yet, so I hope that I can be a good successor of the previous hosts. :)

As the name already says, in this game you have to guess album covers. However, the album covers will not look like they should - I will distort and alienate them so that you can't recognize them immediately. In each round there will be a theme, but it's actually rather a hint than a theme, just so you kind of know what you have to search for. The first round will be an easy round, so you can consider it as a little warm up. Moreover, it's also kind of a test round for me, because it will show me how far I can go concerning difficulty. Every round will consist of ten album covers.

In terms of points I will stick to Chun's concept of season 3, because I think that it's an interesting concept. A short explanation: Albums that are guessed by all voters, are not worth any points. The points of each album cover are distributed based on the amount of voters who guessed that album cover right, for example if 8 out of 10 voters (which would be 80%) guessed it right, they would receive 100% - 80% = 20 points. If only one person manages to guess an album cover right, that person will receive 100 points for that. To avoid further draws, also the day when you send me your answers will matter: People who send me their votes for example five days before the deadline, will receive +5 points, people who send it four days earlier, will receive +4 points and so on.

Please note that you are only allowed to send me your answers via PM, because if you posted your answers here in the thread then obviously everyone else would see them too. If someone hints at answers in this thread, I'm forced to disqualify him/her. Keep in mind that you can participate whenever you want to - there's no need to sign up for this game. I'll post the overall score after each round and the game will be over after seven rounds (at least that's what I've planned).

That would be all the necessary information. If you have any questions concerning the rules of this game, just ask me. Before I start there's just one more thing I'd like to ask you: Are you even interested in this game? :lol: I've only prepared the first round so far, so it's not a big deal if I find out now that I can't start this game due to lack of participants. Before I'll start it would just be nice to know if this game is worthwhile hosting after all or if nobody's interested in it. :P
Last edited by SilentDream on Thu May 25, 2017 7:01 pm, edited 14 times in total.
The Fourth Wall
#T4W
#TriggerBangGang
SilentDream
Manager

Postby Thriller » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:15 pm

I'd definitely play!
Thriller

Postby leomedar » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:39 pm

Thriller wrote:I'd definitely play!
leomedar
Superstar

Postby SilentDream » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:44 pm

Thanks guys, that's great to hear. :D

I guess that I'll just post the first round tomorrow. There will be enough time for people to vote anyway, because I've generally planned to set the deadline about 4 days after a new round is posted. :)
The Fourth Wall
#T4W
#TriggerBangGang
SilentDream
Manager

Postby Erotica » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:25 pm

I think I will try it too
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby MrDiva » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:53 pm

Erotica wrote:I think I will try it too
LIKE VICTORIA FOX ON FACEBOOK
https://www.facebook.com/VictoriaFoxNow/
Follow me on Instagram @mrdeeva
MrDiva
Superstar

Postby Biebz » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:05 pm

leomedar wrote:
my reputation's never been worse so you must like me for me
Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby thankfulforkelly » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:09 pm

Biebz wrote:
leomedar wrote:
Reaching your lemon
Say you're reaching your lemon
Going over your lemon
thankfulforkelly
Manager

Postby Fan » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:23 am

Erotica wrote:I think I will try it too
i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging
Fan
Legend

Postby SilentDream » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:01 am

As I've already mentioned in the opening post, Round 1 is a rather easy round (at least that's my feeling about this round - of course I could be wrong). There are a few album covers that are a bit more difficult than the rest though.
Your hint for this round is that all of the following albums were released by British artists.

Album cover #1:

Album cover #2:

Album cover #3:

Album cover #4:

Album cover #5:

Album cover #6:

Album cover #7:

Album cover #8:

Album cover #9:

Album cover #10:

Send me your answers (album title + name of artist) via PM. I will probably calculate the points next Friday, so please send me your answers until Thursday, the 13th of April.
The Fourth Wall
#T4W
#TriggerBangGang
SilentDream
Manager

Postby Tansike » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:28 am

I think i know five of them on first sight. I'll definitely take part! :)
Tansike
Legend

Postby Thriller » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:04 am

The last two are tough! It's bugging me cos #10 is really familiar.
Thriller

Postby Biebz » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:18 am

I'm struggling with #8 and #9
my reputation's never been worse so you must like me for me
Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby SilentDream » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:36 pm

Album cover #9 is probably the hardest one in this round and so far nobody has guessed it right. However, only 4 people have voted so far, so maybe someone else will recognize that one. :)
The Fourth Wall
#T4W
#TriggerBangGang
SilentDream
Manager

Postby JSparksFan » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:27 pm

I'm sure about six, took a shot in the dark with one, and at a loss with three. I know I know #9, but I'm totally blanking. :cry:
"Love yourself so that love will not be a stranger when it comes, and it will come."

Akini's Top 100 Songs of 2017: [65-61]
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby SilentDream » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:56 am

7 people have sent me their answers up to now. Don't forget about the small bonus that you get for sending your answers earlier. :)
The Fourth Wall
#T4W
#TriggerBangGang
SilentDream
Manager

Postby SilentDream » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:24 am

You have several hours left to send me your answers. I initially said that I'd probably calculate the points tomorrow, but I think that I have enough time to do it today, which means Round 2 will start later today. :) Apart from that, it's not like we would get more participants if I waited until tomorrow. :lol:
The Fourth Wall
#T4W
#TriggerBangGang
SilentDream
Manager

Postby leomedar » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:56 pm

just finished a second deep investigation and added two more to the answers!
But for me #6 and #9 are impossible, although both of them seems sooo ofamiliar! grrr

expecting the answers to end my agony :lol:
leomedar
Superstar

Postby SilentDream » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:21 pm

leomedar wrote:just finished a second deep investigation and added two more to the answers!
But for me #6 and #9 are impossible, although both of them seems sooo ofamiliar! grrr

expecting the answers to end my agony :lol:
That's alright, but I just wanna let you know that I have to adapt the bonus points that you get for sending the answers earlier to the day where you've sent the latest version of your answers (which would be today, in your case) if you change something. :)
The Fourth Wall
#T4W
#TriggerBangGang
SilentDream
Manager

Postby SilentDream » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:01 pm

(The results for Round 1 were here, but I messed this post up by editing it instead of quoting it when I wanted to post the results for Round 2, so please just ignore this post and go on to the results of Round 2. If anyone wants to know something about the results of Round 1, just ask me, I still have everything somewhere on my laptop (e.g. solution or the scores after Round 1.)
Last edited by SilentDream on Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.
The Fourth Wall
#T4W
#TriggerBangGang
SilentDream
Manager

Postby bluecherry » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:06 pm

Yay!! What's the next theme?
bluecherry
Manager

Postby SilentDream » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:13 pm

bluecherry wrote:Yay!! What's the next theme?
Round 2 will start in a bit anyway, then you'll see it. :)
The Fourth Wall
#T4W
#TriggerBangGang
SilentDream
Manager

Postby Erotica » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:57 pm

I knew I have seen #8 often before :lol:
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby SilentDream » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:05 pm

Let me just make two more posts (including this one) on this page, so that Round 2 can start on the next page. :)
The Fourth Wall
#T4W
#TriggerBangGang
SilentDream
Manager

Postby SilentDream » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:06 pm

(Next page)
The Fourth Wall
#T4W
#TriggerBangGang
SilentDream
Manager