Terror attack on Mosque in London

Moderator: biscuits

Postby Parkelife » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:49 am

Parkelife
Groupie

Postby Nippian93 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:58 am

A vehicle has struck pedestrians "leaving a number of casualties" in north London, police said.

One person has been arrested following the incident on Seven Sisters Road in Finsbury Park.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-40322960

:(
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby Rihab » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:01 am

wtf
#BuyWildThoughtsOniTunes
#PreventDespacitoFromBreakingMariahsRecord
#HelpRihBreakMariahsOtherRecord
Rihab
Legend

Postby Robbie » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:02 am

Hopefully it was just an accident and everyone is OK but it's not looking likely... the reports on TV suggest there could be casualties.
Robbie
Manager

Postby EAI » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:37 am

They hit Muslims coming out of a mosque. So I'm guessing there won't be the same kind of outrage.
F*ck off and lose my number.
EAI
Superstar

Postby Guru » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:07 am

EAI wrote:They hit Muslims coming out of a mosque. So I'm guessing there won't be the same kind of outrage.
Well I see a small article in the corner in CNN :roll:
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby Wayne » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:45 am

Horrible incident. Really pleased to see the BBC reporter on the scene of the attack call this an act of terror - even if the BBC itself is only calling it a major incident.

Members of the public detained a 48 year old man who is the suspected driver or one of the people in the van who was shouting "I want to kill muslims".
"If we are all in the gutter
It doesn’t change who we are
‘Cause some of us in the gutter
Are looking up at the stars"
Wayne
Legend

Postby Fan » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:19 am

Wayne wrote:Members of the public detained a 48 year old man who is the suspected driver or one of the people in the van who was shouting "I want to kill muslims".
Honestly, what is wrong with people!? :roll: :roll:
Another awful act of terrorism.
i was busy thinking about boys, boys, boys
Fan
Legend

Postby EAI » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:55 am

I am watching the news, and they refuse to call it a terror attack.
EAI
Superstar

Postby Nippian93 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:05 am

Live feed
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby EAI » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:16 am

Officials: 17-year-old Muslim girl assaulted and killed after leaving Virginia mosque
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/fa ... d64026c197

Something else that happened today that no one will ever hear about either. She was beaten with a bat and found in a pond today after being attacked leaving a mosque. 17. years. old.
EAI
Superstar

Postby Crackiswack » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:32 am

EAI wrote:
Officials: 17-year-old Muslim girl assaulted and killed after leaving Virginia mosque
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/fa ... d64026c197

Something else that happened today that no one will ever hear about either. She was beaten with a bat and found in a pond today after being attacked leaving a mosque. 17. years. old.
I just read about it. It won't be called a hate or terror crime.

But this literally spreads fear and panic across the Muslim community. It's so frustrating.
RIP.
Please Stop the Music
Crackiswack
Manager

Postby Mainshow » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:19 am

That's horrible! Anothee disgusting act of terrorism hit London again :( The city doesn't get time to recover :(

My thoughts and prayers towards the victims and their families!

Btw, it already got media coverage and it is still "early". Saying it will get "less coverage" is bullshit at this time.
Also, according to German news, "special anti-terror forces" are investigating and premier Theresa May stated that this incident will be treated as a "potential act of terrorism" and she introduced a special meeting this morning.
Btw, it also takes some time until serious media calls other terror attacks "terror attacks" as well.

Anyway, I am sick and tired of those horrible messages. We already have to face enough brutality and now it seems that a stupid racist man had to spread terror by driving a van into peaceful and innocent people again :( This new way of hitting people with vans ans lorries is just digusting and tragic. :( It deeply saddens me :(
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby EAI » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:26 am

^ I said outrage, not coverage. You won't see a benefit concert or protests over this event. The girl who was killed yesterday wasn't shown on the news at all though.
EAI
Superstar

Postby Mainshow » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:37 am

EAI wrote:^ I said outrage, not coverage. You won't see a benefit concert or protests over this event. The girl who was killed yesterday wasn't shown on the news at all though.
The victims of the Berlin terror attack didn't get a benefit concerts or protest either. I think it is more a question of mentality. Also, The attack in Manchester was a bit different because it happened directly at the venue and concert attendees were targeted. Fans of Ariana and she herself decided to do this special benefit concert.

Since it happened in front of a mosque, I think it still can lead to peaceful protest like praying in mosques for the victims and I can see many outrage when it comes to politicans because it seems it will be a hate crime and it will definitely be responsible of meany heated debates of rising racism, fear among Muslim communities, our societies duties to act, etc.

It is too easy and early to write everything off. Of course, it will be a bit different now because not as many children got targeted and killed and it's the first "very big" attack against Muslims in the UK after a series of other terror attacks carried out by radical Muslim fundamentalists.
I am sure many people will voice their opinion that this horrible attack can't be "the answer" or "justified by any means" and that it needs to be treated like the previous attacks.

When it comes to the girl, may her soul rest in peace, what a horrible way to be killed :(
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:41 am

Shouldn't be a new topic be opened for the current terror attack in london?

A part of me believes that it's wrong to use this thread as a "universal London terror attack thread", It would be like it's already so frequent that we expect some updates here.
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby hellohello » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:13 am

Mainshow wrote:Shouldn't be a new topic be opened for the current terror attack in london?

A part of me believes that it's wrong to use this thread as a "universal London terror attack thread", It would be like it's already so frequent that we expect some updates here.
This is crazy. I hate seeing topics like this.
Madonna......Rihanna....Beyonce....Michael...Janet....Prince...Mariah...Whitney
hellohello
Manager

Postby Bojan » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:25 am

Mainshow wrote:Shouldn't be a new topic be opened for the current terror attack in london?

Then we need at least new forum section for terrorist attacks.
Bojan
Manager

Postby hellohello » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:29 am

Bojan wrote:

Then we need at least new forum section for terrorist attacks.
Why would people want to see updates on terrorist attacks? :x :-?
Madonna......Rihanna....Beyonce....Michael...Janet....Prince...Mariah...Whitney
hellohello
Manager

Postby biscuits » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:34 am

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/40322960

A man in a van drove into people who were leaving the mosque after their nightly prayers. One person has died and 10 are injured. The terrorist has been arrested.

It's scary that these vehicle attacks are becoming the new form of terrorist attacks.
biscuits
The Diva

Postby biscuits » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:37 am

It'll be interesting to see how this pans out. Mosques have been getting a lot of heat lately as 'safe spaces' for terrorists, so it seems like this was a direct retaliation to that.
biscuits
The Diva

Postby Hugo » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:38 am

RIP

Has the terrorist been identified?
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby Nippian93 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:41 am

^ No name published yet only that he is a 48-year-old man, unless I have missed something.
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby biscuits » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:57 am

Been identified as a 48 year old white man, but no name
biscuits
The Diva

Postby Mainshow » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:19 am

Thank you for opening a separate topic for this horrible terror attack.
It would have been strange to continue talking about it in the other London terror attack thread.

R.I.P to the innocent victim who got killed in this disgusting terror attack and I hope that the other injured people will recover soon.

It's insane how much London, one of the core parts of our European continent, has to suffer so much lately! It deeply saddens me and I hope that soon, people will understand that Islam doesn't equal terror. Nothing has been confirmed yet but since it's a white man who drove into Muslims on purpose, I think it was a hate crime (maybe "revenge"?) but this thought is disgusting and his actions can't be justified by any means. We already have enough to suffer from terror attacks, there's already enough violence on Earth and it always hits the wrong people, the innocent people.

Religions should unite people and be peaceful; churches, sikh temples, mosques, etc. should be a safe place :(
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Return to News & Gossip