Mainshow Goes Dicks: Olly Murs

Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby Mainshow » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:19 pm

The countdown you all have been waiting for. A countdown of UKMIXERs and whose dicks I would like to encounter the most #joke

Due to my thread "Mainshow Goes Diva", I started to rediscover discographies by (in my opinion) the best female artists the music industry has to offer and it's great to share my thoughts on the songs and get to know what you think and how your Top10s would look like... but since UKMIX is dominated by female artists and basically owned by Mariah, Madonna, Kylie, Britney, etc. stans, I thought I have to give some male artists a moment or two to shine :D - #equality you know :lol:

I hope you enjoy it the way I do & no moderator minds the title of this thread. I thought it would be nice to a word starting with D again (like Diva) and the chosen word is kind of fitting :D #unapologetic #seemyrihannacountdowninmainshowgoesdiva #shamlesspromo
Last edited by Mainshow on Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:11 pm, edited 10 times in total.
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:20 pm

Last edited by Mainshow on Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:21 pm

J - Q
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:22 pm

R - Z
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Fan » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:31 pm

OMG :lol: :lol:

Already the most iconic title UKMix has ever seen <3
i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging
Fan
Legend

Postby JakeP » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:58 pm

Dicks?!!! :lol:

Mainshow knows his audience. :P :wink:
JakeP
Manager

Postby JSparksFan » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:58 pm

This thread title is so gonna get changed. :lol: It's an attention-grabber, though. :wink:
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Leychen » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:04 pm

That title xD
I'm excited though 8-)
I was so blind, I could not see | Your paradise is not for me |Last.fm
Leychen
Roadie

Postby Mainshow » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:16 pm

Guys <3 - Thanks for coming in so early :D I am glad you like the thread title, I thought it would be a witty way to introduce the concept of the thread and it matches MGD (Mainshow Goes Diva) perfectly - which is the counterpart of this series, obviously.

I really hope I don't have to change the thread's title, though.
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:27 pm

http://www.express.de/image/24706398/2x1/940/470/174be6f8862a92197ed5bab40b3d322e/AE/backstreet-boys.jpg

Mainshow goes Dicks: Backstreet Boys

I would like to kick off "Mainshow Goes Dicks" with a bang. A solo artist would not be satisfying enough and a bit misleading since I strangely listen to more male bands, that's why I chose the Backstreet Boys to be the first artist of this countdown.
AJ, Brian, , Kevin, Howie and Nick had been a huge part of my childhoood and Millennium was one of the first records I begged my mother to buy for me after I borrowed a copy from my neighbours for such a long period of time :D - Undeniably, the Backstreet Boys' career has been massive: They sold more than 130 million records worldwide and therefore, they are the best-selling boyband.
Personally, I have always found the members of *Nsync to be way more interesting but BSB's discography has so many amazing singles and huge hits to choose from when it comes to coming up with a Top 10 countdown that honestly, it's way more fun doing a BSB edition than choosing *Nsync (which would be way more predictable since their career was rather short).
Anyway, I own all studio albums by Backstreet Boys and I love most of their songs ;)
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby KokoCollino » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:31 pm

It's not like the title surprises me by any means
I'll find my way home
KokoCollino
Manager

Postby Mainshow » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:39 pm

KokoCollino wrote:It's not like the title surprises me by any means
Excuse me? :o -I'm...
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:24 am

#10: "Bigger" (2009)

Although I thought that the Backstreet Boys were a perfect choice to begin "Mainshow Goes Dicks", I have to admit that it was very difficult to come up with a list containing only ten singles of their enormously huge career. I am quite shocked that some hits will probably not appear on my personal Top 10 but it just speaks for their legacy.

Since Max Martin and Shellback worked together on Britney's "If U Seek Amy", I considered them to be a dream team. That's why I got really excited when I heard that both had been working with BSB on their album "This Is Us". - "Bigger" might not be as playful, juicy and massive as "If U Seek Amy" but I like its simple structure, summer-ish 90s throwback vibe and its subtle message. The song is a catchy feel good sing-along track which clearly should have been bigger on the charts worldwide.

Some of you may say that the song's lyrics are incredibly cheesy and even though I'd agree on that, I am pretty sure that the guys have always been aware of that; I mean, they even sing on the track about it: "Despite how silly it sounds..." :lol:
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Benny » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:45 am

I absolutely love the Backstreet Boys, so I will definitely follow this! :D
'Bigger' is okay but not among my favourites.
Benny
Legend

Postby Leychen » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:10 am

Bigger is cute but definitely not up to their usual standard.
A good group to start your D*ck Countdown though, the Backstreet Boys have huge hits.
I was so blind, I could not see | Your paradise is not for me |Last.fm
Leychen
Roadie

Postby Erotica » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:17 am

I am glad you chose the Backstreet Boys (and not Nsync). Backstreet Boys are great, they have so many hits and good songs overall. Somehow their singles have often been better than the album tracks (except on This is us and Unbreakable for example). But over time some albums grew on me, especially their debut has many great songs.
I also like the boys in general, especially Howie, and the documentary of them was really interesting, bought it last year together with the concert

Bigger is a nice song overall, but not one of the highlights for me I think
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby Fan » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:07 pm

So, you immediately start with five dicks, very greedy mister!
:o :lol:

On a more serious note, Backstreet Boys were a huge part of my childhood as well and I absolutely adore their cheesy 90's music, so this is going to be a good one! Having said that, I don't know any of their more recent stuff so Bigger was a new one for me and I have to say- good song!
i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging
Fan
Legend

Postby MusicLover88 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:32 pm

Dicks and BSB? I'm in love.
Unlike other things that wither, she preserves. She’s a constant in a world of relentless flux. She’s a beacon of immortality. Bitch, she’s Madonna.
MusicLover88
Manager

Postby stevyy » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:09 pm

great idea. I love me some BSB.

Lemme give you my Boyband Ranking on LastFM by scrobbles:

01 - #008 - 6.543 - Take That
02 - #017 - 3.669 - One Direction
03 - #148 - 388 - Boyzone
04 - #187 - 251 - Nsync
05 - #210 - 189 - O-Town
06 - #237 - 121 - Blue
07 - #239 - 117 - Backstreet Boys
08 - #278 - 74 - Hanson
09 - #306 - 59 - Jackson 5
10 - #321 - 50 - East17
stevyy
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:06 am

Benny wrote:I absolutely love the Backstreet Boys, so I will definitely follow this! :D
'Bigger' is okay but not among my favourites.
I am glad you share my love for the Backstreet Boys as well.
"Bigger" clearly has no hit factor, so I can understand why it's not among anyone's favourites. I love its "simplr catchiness" though xD

Leychen wrote:Bigger is cute but definitely not up to their usual standard.
A good group to start your D*ck Countdown though, the Backstreet Boys have huge hits.
I am glad you like it ;) - Personally, I hope this countdown will be quite diverse. So you'll find ballads and uptempo tracks alike. "Bigger" is somerhing in between, though.
Hehe. I hope you will follow the rest of my Dicks countdown as well ;)

MusicLover88 wrote:Dicks and BSB? I'm in love.
Perfect combination xD
Last edited by Mainshow on Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:10 am

Erotica wrote:I am glad you chose the Backstreet Boys (and not Nsync). Backstreet Boys are great, they have so many hits and good songs overall. Somehow their singles have often been better than the album tracks (except on This is us and Unbreakable for example). But over time some albums grew on me, especially their debut has many great songs.
I also like the boys in general, especially Howie, and the documentary of them was really interesting, bought it last year together with the concert

I actually prefer the hits of *Nsync but yhry clearly don't have that many songs to choose from and the Backstreet Boys ate clearly way more consistent. I am glad you like them so much and I can't wait to see your comments on the songs I chose.
And I agree, their singles have usually bwen way better than their album tracks.

Oh what kind of documentary are you talking about? I have never heard of that.

Fan wrote:So, you immediately start with five dicks, very greedy mister!
:o :lol:

On a more serious note, Backstreet Boys were a huge part of my childhood as well and I absolutely adore their cheesy 90's music, so this is going to be a good one! Having said that, I don't know any of their more recent stuff so Bigger was a new one for me and I have to say- good song!
Hahaha. Great call!
Yeah, it seems I am effing greedy and I just can't get enough. haha.

Haha. You seem to love that 90s cheesefest as much as I do. So we will be on good terms after that countdown probably. Hopefully, I will not miss your favourite tracks.
I am glad I was able to introduce you to some new music.
Personally, I disliked their latest album but "This Is Us" is quite good. "Shattered" is a hellof an album track. Highly recommendable!
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Erotica » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:50 am

Mainshow wrote:
Erotica wrote:I am glad you chose the Backstreet Boys (and not Nsync). Backstreet Boys are great, they have so many hits and good songs overall. Somehow their singles have often been better than the album tracks (except on This is us and Unbreakable for example). But over time some albums grew on me, especially their debut has many great songs.

I actually prefer the hits of *Nsync but yhry clearly don't have that many songs to choose from and the Backstreet Boys ate clearly way more consistent. I am glad you like them so much and I can't wait to see your comments on the songs I chose.
And I agree, their singles have usually bwen way better than their album tracks.

Well Backstreet Boys also are more part of my childhood than Nsync, I remember I hated Backstreet Boys when everyone loved them in class and I was annoyed by that, but maybe secretly I loved some of their song, I think I really did ^^ Now I am one of those people still listening to them or much more than back then.
And they were everywhere on TV too

ah ok thought you know the documentary, it's an official one, Backstreet Boys also made much promo for it back then on Facebook and everywhere and last year they finally released it here too, think it's also on streaming services but I don't use them so I bought it. and the good thing it also has their concert DVd from their last tour:
https://www.amazon.de/Backstreet-Boys-2 ... treet+boys
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby stevyy » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:15 pm

Erotica wrote:
Well Backstreet Boys also are more part of my childhood than Nsync, I remember I hated Backstreet Boys when everyone loved them in class and I was annoyed by that, but maybe secretly I loved some of their song, I think I really did ^^ Now I am one of those people still listening to them or much more than back then.
+1... This is what happened to me as well. I hated them at first while bopping to their songs. Such a catch22. But remember, I was a die-hard Take That mega stan. BSB debuted in Germany FIRST - right after TT disbanded in Spring 1996. I felt like all the teenage girls forgot about TT when they stanned them.

Nowadays, I truely enjoy BSB and like them alot.
stevyy
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:01 pm

Erotica wrote:
Mainshow wrote:

ah ok thought you know the documentary, it's an official one, Backstreet Boys also made much promo for it back then on Facebook and everywhere and last year they finally released it here too, think it's also on streaming services but I don't use them so I bought it. and the good thing it also has their concert DVd from their last tour:
https://www.amazon.de/Backstreet-Boys-2 ... treet+boys
Thank you for sharing some information on their documentary with me. I seriously have never heard of it before. I will definitely watch it at some point!

stevyy wrote:
Erotica wrote:
+1... This is what happened to me as well. I hated them at first while bopping to their songs. Such a catch22. But remember, I was a die-hard Take That mega stan. BSB debuted in Germany FIRST - right after TT disbanded in Spring 1996. I felt like all the teenage girls forgot about TT when they stanned them.

Nowadays, I truely enjoy BSB and like them alot.
Your stories/memories are really entertaining to read (and kinda cute haha). - I never had such problems with BSB, though. BSB weren't really a thing anymore when I was at school (apart from my first two, three years) and I loved some of their tracks straight from the beginning (simply preferred *Nsync) :D

stevyy wrote:great idea. I love me some BSB.

Lemme give you my Boyband Ranking on LastFM by scrobbles:

01 - #008 - 6.543 - Take That
02 - #017 - 3.669 - One Direction
03 - #148 - 388 - Boyzone
04 - #187 - 251 - Nsync
05 - #210 - 189 - O-Town
06 - #237 - 121 - Blue
07 - #239 - 117 - Backstreet Boys
08 - #278 - 74 - Hanson
09 - #306 - 59 - Jackson 5
10 - #321 - 50 - East17
Really great list! - I am glad to see some of the artists I am thinking of doing a "Mainshow Goes Dicks" edition for popping up inside your Top 10. Impressive plays for Take That and quite surprisingly, One Direction Oo - They look a bit lost (compared to the way more iconic and legendary acts, in my opinion).
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:11 pm

#9: "Helpless When She Smiles" (2007)

I admit, lyrically, this is an effing cheesefest but I have a soft spot for thinking in images; It's somehow very poetic and I love it how two different metaphors complement each other and make the whole concept complete.Since the song is about being helplessly in love, such cheesy images are clearly allowed :D

The song itself sounds very mature and A.J.'s voice truly shines on the simple arrangement. Personally, I think it's one of their most underrated singles.
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Return to Personal Charts