Kevin Hart: I don't want to be an ally for LGBTQ community

Moderators: biscuits, Benjamin

Postby aRat » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:17 pm

Also last night, Don Lemon reported on CNN that Hart reached out to him following his emotional plea for the actor to become an ally of the LGBTQ community. Lemon played a clip of Hart talking on Monday night’s radio show where he says it is not his dream to be an ally for the gay community, contradicting his statement to be in the fight for equality.

Said Lemon, “He is sorry, he said, but it is not his dream to be an ally for the LGBT community. Now, you can take that however want. You can be upset by it. However you want to feel. But that is his right. Whether I like it or not, whether you like it or not, that is his right…he can do that and you can feel about it however you want.”

Lemon said Hart declined to appear on his show.

The fact he is back hosting the Oscars, even admitting to homophobia is acceptable in these post-Trump times. :-?
jochen on meeting famous ppl wrote:Janet (very hairy woman)
Beyonce (she was ugly)
aRat
Manager

Postby DnBLover » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:23 pm

Promo
I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room
DnBLover
Legend

Postby Serby » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:28 pm

Maybe this makes me a bully this guy talks about, but sorry. I aknoweldge he's changed and apoligised, I aknoweldge he was attacked in a sense (digging out an 40k earlier tweet) and I see how it is his right to not be an LGBT+ ally, but tbfh, I don't think it's right. I surely did and might still make unconcious racist remarks, but the LEAST I can do is try be a POC ally. With power and priviledge comes responsibilty and if he doesn't stand up for the comunity during his hosting, it's truely sth immoral.

Who the hell dreams of being ally to someone? We all wish world would be a perfect place but for someone who's now aware of his mistakes and LGBT+ opression and claiming he's changed, to not actively speak against opression and stand by the community, he's simply choosing to keep his privilege. My 2 cents. Any other opinions here? Especially from our poc sistrens? Maybe I miss sth and I'd like to see another perspective.
be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby CrazyCrazy » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:18 pm

Why does everyone have to be an “ally”? Online gays are so cringe. :lol:

This outrage culture is so toxic, hopefully it fcks off soon. It’s refreshing to see someone being honest in this pandering pc world we live in, some people dont like gays, tell me something I didn’t know. I will still live. :lol:

We will never live in a utopian world and not sure what that would mean in reality.
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby aRat » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:25 pm

Being an ally just means you support our community's desire for equal rights and protection from hate groups. There is nothing more to it.

Clearly saying he doesn't want to be an ally implies that he doesn't care for our struggles. Sorry but this is one of these issues where there is no middle ground. You are either pro gay rights or against it.
Beyonce (she was ugly)
aRat
Manager

Postby beredy » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:36 pm

Oh give him a break. He doesn't have time to be an ally to anyone. He's too busy trying to find some talent.
beredy
Manager

Postby BeeBoy » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:40 pm

CrazyCrazy wrote:some people dont like gays, tell me something I didn’t know. I will still live. :lol:
Nice priviliges you have there. It's not as easy for everyone, sad when people only care for themselves and what affects them. Empathy is what the world needs not silencing people that actually speak up
BeeBoy
Manager

Postby JSparksFan » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:56 pm

Being an ally to a marginalised community isn't hard; you don't have to walk in pride parades, actively advocate for LGBT+ rights, or do anything that takes too much out of you. A simple tweet or statement that reads something along the lines of, "I support the LGBT community in their fight for equality", and refraining from making homophobic or transphobic jokes in your stand-up and movies would suffice. Donating to LGBT charities would be nice.

Kevin Hart doesn't want to be an ally because he's still a homophobe. He's just upset now that being a homophobe has inconvenienced him in his goal of hosting the Oscars (which he might still end up doing anyway). All this tooth-pulling to get him to apologise is proof enough that he doesn't feel like he said anything wrong; he probably just feels he shouldn't have said it out loud. He's trash, and not even funny.
Akini's Top 25 Artists of 2018: [#1 Revealed!]

The broken world waits in darkness for the light that is you.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby aRat » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:21 pm

BeeBoy wrote:
CrazyCrazy wrote:some people dont like gays, tell me something I didn’t know. I will still live. :lol:
Nice priviliges you have there. It's not as easy for everyone, sad when people only care for themselves and what affects them. Empathy is what the world needs not silencing people that actually speak up
The fact he is annoyed at "online gays" for speaking out but has no problem with people saying they don't like gays...

The fact that this "people don't like gays" stance gets gays all over the world harassed, discriminated, tortured and even killed...
Beyonce (she was ugly)
aRat
Manager

Postby Carbon » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:57 pm

I honestly think he is just a bit bitter about the attack he received because of that ancient tweet, which I understand. I don't think he is actually anti-gay.

I guess the backlash for this is at least more deserved than for that tweet.
Carbon
Legend

Postby spiritboy » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:59 pm

He can GTFO of Hollywood and buy a house in Middle America and live happily ever after with his Republican buddies.
Mariah saved Xmas and Gaga is saving Pop and Hollywood.
spiritboy
Legend

Postby Erotica » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:54 pm

Honestly I didn't even know him. Looking at his filmography I notice he starred in movies I would never want to watch anyway.
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby Serby » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:01 pm

CrazyCrazy wrote:Why does everyone have to be an “ally”? Online gays are so cringe. :lol:

This outrage culture is so toxic, hopefully it fcks off soon. It’s refreshing to see someone being honest in this pandering pc world we live in, some people dont like gays, tell me something I didn’t know. I will still live. :lol:

We will never live in a utopian world and not sure what that would mean in reality.
be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby Marchum » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:37 pm

Yea I’m done with him. Dissapointed.
Marchum
Manager

Postby Goldmoney » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:43 pm

He’s basically sugarcoating being a homophobe. :roll: He’s sick and so is anyone who finds any merit in what he’s saying.
SawyerHewitt wrote:The raw emotion Kween conveys when belting out WBT's climax>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
A MOMENT IN MUSIC HISTORY.
Goldmoney
Legend

Postby BehindBreakaway » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:21 pm

aRat wrote:Being an ally just means you support our community's desire for equal rights and protection from hate groups. There is nothing more to it.

Clearly saying he doesn't want to be an ally implies that he doesn't care for our struggles. Sorry but this is one of these issues where there is no middle ground. You are either pro gay rights or against it.
Best thing you've ever posted!!
3 months and I'm still sober, picked all my weeds but kept the flowers!
BehindBreakaway
Manager

Postby CrazyCrazy » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:18 am

I know nobody likes my views as I go against the uber "liberal" view here on UKMIX.

What I'm trying to articulate is that it's not right to try and force somebody to say something they don't believe in just to not upset people, this PC mob mentality to try and shutdown and fire everyone who has different values and beliefs (or even indifferent views) is wrong and anyone who believes in freedom of speech should be sticking up for everyone's right to say whatever they want and that includes all of the things you don't want to hear too.

To say that what Kevin said is an incitement to violence is just ridiculous and you're conflating two completely different things. Kevin saying something most people know already (that there are homophobic people or people indifferent to the subject) is not going to change much.

I don't even like the guy, just don't think this behaviour makes gay people (myself included of course) or so called liberal people look good either, the man doesn't have to associate himself with anything, and you talk about empathy and compassion, that would have to be something he learns on his own and not by people hurling abuse at him.

@serby - not sure if you're being funny or you get what the point I was trying to get at (which is unlikely). :lol:

Also regarding the struggle...personally I don't think of myself as a victim despite being told that I am, I'm lucky to not have faced any major discrimination for my sexuality thus far and living in a pretty civilised and liberal country definitely contributes towards that, it's those in certain other countries I feel sorry for where unspeakable things are going on still.
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby GetBack » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:35 am

Why do these extreme LGBTQ groups keep on forcing others to acknowledge them? If people don't like or accept who you are or what you do or fight for what you believe in, you just have to move on and deal with it.

If you meet up with someone you like and he/she finds out about your identity and stops going out with you, it's their choice and you cannot put them at fault because of that. There are always differences you can never reconcile.

Acceptance is something that is genuine. You can't pressure people to like and accept you just because it's politically correct to accept that person.
Last edited by GetBack on Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
GetBack
Legend

Postby biscuits » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:39 am

Diddums. Who care?

I bet most of the gheys who are outraged probably aren’t even a fan of him, so why care what he thinks?
biscuits
The Diva

Postby TheRealest » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:45 am

Him apologizing was enough. I’m not sure what else people want from him. People just enjoy being fake outraged in 2019.
TheRealest
The Queen

Postby Loveguru » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:06 am

CrazyCrazy wrote:I know nobody likes my views as I go against the uber "liberal" view here on UKMIX.

What I'm trying to articulate is that it's not right to try and force somebody to say something they don't believe in just to not upset people, this PC mob mentality to try and shutdown and fire everyone who has different values and beliefs (or even indifferent views) is wrong and anyone who believes in freedom of speech should be sticking up for everyone's right to say whatever they want and that includes all of the things you don't want to hear too.

To say that what Kevin said is an incitement to violence is just ridiculous and you're conflating two completely different things. Kevin saying something most people know already (that there are homophobic people or people indifferent to the subject) is not going to change much.

I don't even like the guy, just don't think this behaviour makes gay people (myself included of course) or so called liberal people look good either, the man doesn't have to associate himself with anything, and you talk about empathy and compassion, that would have to be something he learns on his own and not by people hurling abuse at him.

@serby - not sure if you're being funny or you get what the point I was trying to get at (which is unlikely). :lol:

Also regarding the struggle...personally I don't think of myself as a victim despite being told that I am, I'm lucky to not have faced any major discrimination for my sexuality thus far and living in a pretty civilised and liberal country definitely contributes towards that, it's those in certain other countries I feel sorry for where unspeakable things are going on still.
Makes a comment about hating black people

Apologises then says i don't want to be ally for black people

does that clear things out for you?
Forever Young
Loveguru
Legend

Postby menime123 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:15 am

The whole concept of an ally is stupid anyway.
NO MEN IN ME.
menime123
Legend

Postby jochen » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:30 am

And what evil did he say?
YOU cant blame nobody but YOU
jochen
Manager

Postby BeeBoy » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:36 am

CrazyCrazy wrote:
IMO as you seem to know the struggle of others it is important to speak for them too, just because you are not dying or struggling shouldn't put you in a place where you don't care anymore. He doesn't need to like anyone but then just stfu and don't appologize and when you get the chance you are distancing yourself again. **** KH but showing support to the whole "community" also starts helping others in countries where it is not considered normal yet, to get people thinking. I also think it's funny how you always like to paint a liberal view as something bad and then equate it with being civilised :lol: you seem to know it's why you can live comfortably...

Loveguru wrote:

BeeBoy
Manager

Postby aRat » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:48 am

Loveguru wrote:

Bingo. It's like he wants to act clueless...

@Crazy Ofc you can't force a homophobe to stop being a homophobe, The point anyway is that hate should have consequences. You can't just hate on a minority group one day and then get to host the oscars and act like nothing happened the other day. It's important for hateful actions to have repercussions or else people will start to get brave and try to get away with more hate. Kinda exactly what is happening in America right now after Trump won and all the bigots came out of their holes to hate.

Or how gays are in the process of not being considered human anymore in Brasil since that other bigot won the elections. Some of yall seem to forget that we have to fight to uphold our rights or they'll be taken away in the blink of an eye...

Also don't forget that it's that "silly liberalism and open-mindedness" that makes it possible in the first place for you to live that privileged life and not worry about being harassed, hated on or killed like most gays of this world have to worry about...
Beyonce (she was ugly)
aRat
Manager

Return to Celebrity Gossip