Kelly Clarkson - My December

Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby snwbrder757 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:24 am

EW. It can't be real. Nevermind.
snwbrder757
Manager

Postby snwbrder757 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:24 am

Jon McLaughlin will be opening for Kelly on her tour this fall! It was confirmed by himself on Leno tonight!
snwbrder757
Manager

Postby Guru » Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:36 am

Jark wrote:
preyan wrote:550k is NOT good! Especially when more than half of that from her debut week?!
It doesn't MATTER what her debut sold; this is a time when album sales in the US have slumped and when R&B is more popular than ever! She's outsold Rihanna in less time ffs! You cant say its not good.
Are we comparing THE IDOL, THE KELLY CLARKSON, to Rihanna? The Carribean queen? The "single with 7 weeks at number one and still selling jack"?

That is a definite insult to Kelly! :lol:

Like my mate said, it was not so long ago that the album launched and its already almost nowhere to be seen. Not usual for the Kelly that we all knew?! :roll:

As much as we are all passionate about her music, we also need to be realistic! :roll: I am not talking bad of her nor dissing her! I merely look at the facts and truth as it stands! 8-)
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby Jark » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:02 am

preyan wrote:
Jark wrote:
preyan wrote:550k is NOT good! Especially when more than half of that from her debut week?!
It doesn't MATTER what her debut sold; this is a time when album sales in the US have slumped and when R&B is more popular than ever! She's outsold Rihanna in less time ffs! You cant say its not good.
Are we comparing THE IDOL, THE KELLY CLARKSON, to Rihanna? The Carribean queen? The "single with 7 weeks at number one and still selling jack"?

Like my mate said, it was not so long ago that the album launched and its already almost nowhere to be seen. Not usual for the Kelly that we all knew?! :roll:

As much as we are all passionate about her music, we also need to be realistic! :roll: I am not talking bad of her nor dissing her! I merely look at the facts and truth as it stands! 8-)
1- Stop roll-eyeing!!
2- I know you're just being realistic :lol: I'm no Kelly nutter who can't face facts lol, but I'm saying it's hardly so bad; shes only just outside Top 20 and she'll be on 600k real soon :)
Jark
Superstar

Postby Guru » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:24 am

Jark wrote:
preyan wrote:
Jark wrote:

1- Stop roll-eyeing!!
2- I know you're just being realistic :lol: I'm no Kelly nutter who can't face facts lol, but I'm saying it's hardly so bad; shes only just outside Top 20 and she'll be on 600k real soon :)
1. Or else what? :roll: :roll: :roll:
2. I'll agree though, considering the politics behind this release, and based on only one "ok" single, its sold well.

I cant help but wonder whether this project is canned now??? No news on a new single, Davis saying that they are gonna start working on a new album soon? :cry:
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby Colin » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:41 am

OK, I've been listening to the album in full since I got it yesterday. After the first few listens, I don't think this manages to feel up to the strenghts of what Breakaway had to offer. Although saying that, I still think there could be some good potential releases from this album.

Here's my rating at the moment -

1 Sober
2 Never Again
3 One Minute
4 Don't Waste Your Time
5 Haunted
6 Be Still
7 How I Feel
8 Judas
9 Maybe
10 Irvine
11 Yeah
12 Hole
13 Can I Have A Kiss
LONG LIVE GIRLS ALOUD
Colin
In The Zone

Postby Star » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:19 pm

I love ''Sober'' & ''Irvine''. And I'm not happy about ''Don't Waste Your Time'' being the next single :x
Star
Sensational

Postby Jark » Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:31 pm

preyan wrote:
Jark wrote:
preyan wrote:
Jark wrote:

1- Stop roll-eyeing!!
1. Or else what? :roll: :roll: :roll:
2. I'll agree though, considering the politics behind this release, and based on only one "ok" single, its sold well.

I cant help but wonder whether this project is canned now??? No news on a new single, Davis saying that they are gonna start working on a new album soon? :cry:
The album is not canned at all :wink: They recently said there'll be 3 singles, with us getting Dont Waste Your Time, the US Sober and Australia getting One Minute, and on top of that Clive himself said at some event he wanted Hole to be a future single too :)
Jark
Superstar

Postby westhammer » Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:52 pm

Don't Waste Your Time is going to sink the album more. One Minute would really get everyone to have Kelly Clarksons name on their lips again
You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er
westhammer
Legend

Postby snwbrder757 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:53 am

KELLY DOING PHENOMENAL IN AUSTRALIA WITH NEW SINGLE!

#1 Most Added Song to Radio!

:arrow: Source: http://www.themusicnetwork.com.au/index.php?id=20
snwbrder757
Manager

Postby snwbrder757 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:19 am

Never Again and Because Of You LIVE on Canadian Idol.

Her best NA performance yet :)

Also was given a plaque for being certified Platinum in Canada for her new album!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2t3q2 ... ause_music
snwbrder757
Manager

Postby Jark » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:07 am

snwbrder757 wrote:KELLY DOING PHENOMENAL IN AUSTRALIA WITH NEW SINGLE!

#1 Most Added Song to Radio!

:arrow: Source: http://www.themusicnetwork.com.au/index.php?id=20
YAY! She'd better shoot a vid, this song has HIT written all over it.
Jark
Superstar

Postby Ahahuha » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:51 pm

I think that Maybe is the best song on the album and i want to see it as a single
Ahahuha
Cult King

Postby Jark » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:53 pm

My December is Platinum in Canada. :D
Jark
Superstar

Postby snwbrder757 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:36 am

Will pass 1 million WW this week!
snwbrder757
Manager

Postby Guru » Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:15 am

snwbrder757 wrote:Will pass 1 million WW this week!
Thats 1 million in what? 2 months???? And more than 25% of that was from her first week sales in the US alone???? I know you are a fan, but sometimes you need to stop justifying someones "flop". And before you go and and rant and rave about that comment, I bought the album, and for the most part, I really like it! :wink:
Guru
Guru

Postby Jark » Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:47 am

preyan wrote:
Thats 1 million in what? 2 months???? And more than 25% of that was from her first week sales in the US alone???? I know you are a fan, but sometimes you need to stop justifying someones "flop". And before you go and and rant and rave about that comment, I bought the album, and for the most part, I really like it! :wink:
Oh, this is not a bloody FLOP. It's had one single, and it's still Top 40 on Billboard.
Jark
Superstar

Postby sambo9 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:25 am

This is not a flop. If Breakaway never happened, you'd all soon change your tune!

I'm not sure whether to get this album. I desperately want this and another - but I can't afford both ( :cry: ) but I can manage!

Is this album really that great?
sambo9
Legend

Postby gokellyaidodub » Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:04 pm

Sambo9-Well i personally think it's a good album;it's obviously different to "Breakaway"in terms of style of songs,lyrics etc but i(and a lot of fans) appreciate Kelly took the risk to try something different rather than go for the safe option that so many "Pop" stars do which in her case would've been to make "Breakaway Part 2".
Her talent and vocals still shine through for me on this album anyway and industry Magazines like "Entertainment Weekly" in the States gave very positive review when it was released.
We all know it hasn't sold anything near the "Breakaway" numbers but as Mr Cowell said a few months ago Kelly will be in the music business in 20 years time so i'm sure we'll have plenty more pop or otherwise albums from Mr Clarkson in the years to come,some will be very successful,others wont. I Can't wait to see what Kelly has in store for all her fans worldwide.
gokellyaidodub
Roadie

Postby Jark » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:52 pm

sambo9 wrote:This is not a flop. If Breakaway never happened, you'd all soon change your tune!

I'm not sure whether to get this album. I desperately want this and another - but I can't afford both ( :cry: ) but I can manage!

Put it this way; it makes Breakaway seem boring! I'd take this album over Breakawat ten times out of ten. There's everything from funky pop (How I Feel, Yeah) to Rock numbers like Hole. You've got beautiful ballads (Sober, Be Still) and radio-friendly songs like One Minute and Dont Waste Your Time.

Basically, if you want an album that has lots of variety but is consistently brilliant, and that you won't tire of, this has to be it. :D
Jark
Superstar

Postby snwbrder757 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:29 pm

preyan wrote:
Justifying a flop? I just said she'd pass 1 million WW this week. I wasn't saying it was amazing, I was just stating a fact.. People need to get out of my ass about certain things, I have the right to say whatever I want and this doesn't go towards you, but the other people who have been saying I've been "justifying" everything Kelly has done this era- seriously grow up and learn to have your own opinions without bashing others.

I love this album; it hasn't done extremely well like it should have but I wouldn't call it a flop either. It's done mediocre so far, which isn't bad, isn't good. Breakaway was such a massive album, and it'd be hard for her to ever sell 6 million of one album in the US again. Even the best artists can barely sell 2 million now let alone 6! I doubt anyone but maybe Shania Twain, an artist maybe like Usher or a big rock group, or a Disney album is going to sell that much. Sales have dropped DRAMATICALLY since 2004. Most artists are lucky to sell 2 million. I think Kelly is doing VERY WELL considering she is hitting 1 million WW on a 5 month old single, and no current single in the US, UK, Canada, Asia to support the album, let alone promotion besides Canada.
snwbrder757
Manager

Postby gokellyaidodub » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:31 am

Sales for "December" will increase when Kelly gets going with Worldwide Promo for "Don't Waste" in the coming months.
gokellyaidodub
Roadie

Postby Guru » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:46 am

sambo9 wrote:This is not a flop. If Breakaway never happened, you'd all soon change your tune!

Sambo, for the most part, the album is influenced by Breakaway (which is a great thing) but its not up to par in my opinion. If Breakaway was a 10/10, I'd give this 7/10!

My only issue with this album is that the faster songs feel like its been rushed. The slower songs are ace and have been perfected to their best! You will definitely get hooked on a few songs on immediate listen but some of them will take time to get use to.

Wont say not to buy it but depends on whom the other artist is!? :wink:
Guru
Guru

Postby Guru » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:49 am

Jark wrote:
preyan wrote:
Oh, this is not a bloody FLOP. It's had one single, and it's still Top 40 on Billboard.
Well in my opinion, IT IS! :wink:
And statistically, compared to her previous album, I think you'd lost this round! :wink:

But... having said that, the album is still "young" and lets see what the future holds. I am holding thumbs for Kelly!!! :wink:
Guru
Guru

Postby tcatron565 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:11 pm

Accoridng to my research, this list is a list of what would make good singles for the US!

1. Haunted
2. Be Still
3. Maybe
4. One Minute
5. Don't Waste Your Time
6. How I Feel
7. Can I Have a Kiss
8. Judas
9. Yeah
10. Hole

Although, I don't agree with some of it, it's what shows up at the top.
tcatron565
Manager

Return to The Retro