Beyoncé :: The "B'Day" Era

Moderators: trebor, kingofskiffle, nympho, stevyy

 

Postby SmoothKid » Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:21 pm

I wish those times back when the BB Hot 100 were only determined by physical sales and airplay. That download shit ain't doin any justice for the artists!! BUT I heard that they are thinking about changing the formula to the hot 100 again. Is that right?? That would be totally awesome since Bee's physical sales always go through the roof. :wink:
Last edited by SmoothKid on Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And I'm crazy, all day, all night
Who needs a degree when you're schoolin' life?
User avatar
SmoothKid
Manager
 
Posts: 2029
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006
Location: Germany/Turkey

Postby nelson » Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:09 pm

Hotness wrote:I wish they would update the certification for Dangerously In Love to 2x platinum in Europe. :(
No way.
nelson
Legend
 
Posts: 18580
Joined: Thu May 06, 2004

Postby XNS » Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:19 pm

Beyoncé B'Day 5.041.000 5.419.075
XNS
Groupie
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007

Postby nelson » Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:24 pm

Europe
B'Day

09/23/2007: *3*-5-16-23-29-33-43-43-43-59-59-60-60-76-91-79-58-57-55-60-55-52-65-77-84-64-out
05/12/2007: (re) 10-8-15-21-22-22-33-49-53-96-out
nelson
Legend
 
Posts: 18580
Joined: Thu May 06, 2004

Postby AutomaticBR » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:50 pm

SmoothKid wrote:I wish those times back when the BB Hot 100 were only determined by physical sales and airplay. That download shit ain't doin any justice for the artists!! BUT I heard that they are thinking about changing the formula to the hot 100 again. Is that right?? That would be totally awesome since Bee's physical sales always go through the roof. :wink:
"through the roof" in this case you mean #1 with 2,000 copies :lol: that's the equivalent to some 4M impressions only, not much... it has the same weight as downloads and if Billboard changes the Hot 100 formula, it will be to cut the point for half - for example, 1,000 copies will be equivalent to 1M impressions (like it was before 2005) and not 2M
User avatar
AutomaticBR
Legend
 
Posts: 12785
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004
Location: Brasil

Postby MJDangerous » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:57 pm

AutomaticBR wrote:
SmoothKid wrote:I wish those times back when the BB Hot 100 were only determined by physical sales and airplay. That download shit ain't doin any justice for the artists!! BUT I heard that they are thinking about changing the formula to the hot 100 again. Is that right?? That would be totally awesome since Bee's physical sales always go through the roof. :wink:
"through the roof" in this case you mean #1 with 2,000 copies :lol:
Oh no SmoothKid is right, the Hot 100 should be based on Maxi Single sales only :x :lol:
25 June 2009, the day the Music died
User avatar
MJDangerous
Legend
 
Posts: 11969
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2004
Location: France

Postby AutomaticBR » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:59 pm

Hotness wrote:I wish they would update the certification for Dangerously In Love to 2x platinum in Europe. :(
i wish that too, but i don't think it's very likely, the album's sales shipments to be "only" around 1.8M so far
User avatar
AutomaticBR
Legend
 
Posts: 12785
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004
Location: Brasil

Postby tada » Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:04 am

Hotness wrote:I wish they would update the certification for Dangerously In Love to 2x platinum in Europe. :(
and 3x Platinumin the UK as well :roll:
User avatar
tada
Legend
 
Posts: 35902
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006
Location: Czech Republic

Postby SmoothKid » Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:46 pm

MJDangerous wrote:
AutomaticBR wrote:
SmoothKid wrote:I wish those times back when the BB Hot 100 were only determined by physical sales and airplay. That download shit ain't doin any justice for the artists!! BUT I heard that they are thinking about changing the formula to the hot 100 again. Is that right?? That would be totally awesome since Bee's physical sales always go through the roof. :wink:
"through the roof" in this case you mean #1 with 2,000 copies :lol:
Oh no SmoothKid is right, the Hot 100 should be based on Maxi Single sales only :x :lol:
I didn't say the Hot 100 should be based on Maxi Singles only. They should of course base them on airplay figures as well. Like it was around 2000!!
And I'm crazy, all day, all night
Who needs a degree when you're schoolin' life?
User avatar
SmoothKid
Manager
 
Posts: 2029
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006
Location: Germany/Turkey

Postby carlo_thebest » Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:17 pm

UK
Albums
73. (RE)(90) B’DAY (DELUXE EDITION) (Beyonce) :D :D
Singles
16. (15) BEAUTIFUL LIAR (Beyonce & Shakira) 16 wks
User avatar
carlo_thebest
Legend
 
Posts: 11699
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2006
Location: Italy

Postby candyman » Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:22 pm

carlo_thebest wrote:UK
Albums
73. (RE)(90) B’DAY (DELUXE EDITION) (Beyonce) :D :D
Singles
16. (15) BEAUTIFUL LIAR (Beyonce & Shakira) 16 wks
and...

78 (103) Beyoncé - Green Light
User avatar
candyman
Legend
 
Posts: 14238
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2006

Postby tada » Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:33 pm

candyman wrote:
carlo_thebest wrote:UK
Albums
73. (RE)(90) B’DAY (DELUXE EDITION) (Beyonce) :D :D
Singles
16. (15) BEAUTIFUL LIAR (Beyonce & Shakira) 16 wks
and...

78 (103) Beyoncé - Green Light
WOW at "B'Day" re-enter + super longevity of "Beautiful Liar" + next week "Green Light" boost! 8-)
User avatar
tada
Legend
 
Posts: 35902
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006
Location: Czech Republic

Postby Yoshie » Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:45 pm

:( Green Light was #74 midweek. Oh well.
Yoshie
Legend
 
Posts: 23626
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006

Postby thebigham » Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:22 pm

7/21 Catalog chart:

108 COL 127 119 121 BEYONCE DANGEROUSLY IN LOVE 2,100 -0% 2,103 4,499,091 (4xp)
User avatar
thebigham
Legend
 
Posts: 54541
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2005

Postby carlo_thebest » Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:12 am

thebigham wrote:7/21 Catalog chart:

108 COL 127 119 121 BEYONCE DANGEROUSLY IN LOVE 2,100 -0% 2,103 4,499,091 (4xp)
WOW maybe on day it will be certifield 5x platinum!!!
User avatar
carlo_thebest
Legend
 
Posts: 11699
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2006
Location: Italy

Postby flowers » Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:20 am

carlo_thebest wrote:UK
Albums
73. (RE)(90) B’DAY (DELUXE EDITION) (Beyonce) :D :D
Singles
16. (15) BEAUTIFUL LIAR (Beyonce & Shakira) 16 wks
:D great bday re-entered..does anybody know about the sales? it has not reached 500k yet, right?
User avatar
flowers
Superstar
 
Posts: 6434
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007
Location: london

Postby MJDangerous » Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:31 am

SmoothKid wrote:
MJDangerous wrote:
AutomaticBR wrote:
SmoothKid wrote:I wish those times back when the BB Hot 100 were only determined by physical sales and airplay. That download shit ain't doin any justice for the artists!! BUT I heard that they are thinking about changing the formula to the hot 100 again. Is that right?? That would be totally awesome since Bee's physical sales always go through the roof. :wink:
"through the roof" in this case you mean #1 with 2,000 copies :lol:
Oh no SmoothKid is right, the Hot 100 should be based on Maxi Single sales only :x :lol:
I didn't say the Hot 100 should be based on Maxi Singles only. They should of course base them on airplay figures as well. Like it was around 2000!!
By now : Physical sales = Maxi singles sales...

How do you want the Hot 100 to be based on physical singles sales if they don't exist anymore?! The market changed from physical to digital, just like the Hot 100, I don't see your problem. If Beyonce is much lower by now, it is only because her songs are much less successful (except Irr recently) and people don't care about buying them, don't accuse Billboard for that.
25 June 2009, the day the Music died
User avatar
MJDangerous
Legend
 
Posts: 11969
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2004
Location: France

Postby SmoothKid » Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:13 pm

MJDangerous wrote:
SmoothKid wrote:
MJDangerous wrote:
AutomaticBR wrote:
SmoothKid wrote:I wish those times back when the BB Hot 100 were only determined by physical sales and airplay. That download shit ain't doin any justice for the artists!! BUT I heard that they are thinking about changing the formula to the hot 100 again. Is that right?? That would be totally awesome since Bee's physical sales always go through the roof. :wink:
"through the roof" in this case you mean #1 with 2,000 copies :lol:
Oh no SmoothKid is right, the Hot 100 should be based on Maxi Single sales only :x :lol:
I didn't say the Hot 100 should be based on Maxi Singles only. They should of course base them on airplay figures as well. Like it was around 2000!!
By now : Physical sales = Maxi singles sales...

How do you want the Hot 100 to be based on physical singles sales if they don't exist anymore?! The market changed from physical to digital, just like the Hot 100, I don't see your problem. If Beyonce is much lower by now, it is only because her songs are much less successful (except Irr recently) and people don't care about buying them, don't accuse Billboard for that.
I know that physical sales are maxi single sales. you don't need to lecture me in that case. I'm not retarded.

And I see where you comin from! I'm not well versed with the whole billboard policy and their formulas. So excuse my ignorance in that department :wink:

You learn something new everyday!!
And I'm crazy, all day, all night
Who needs a degree when you're schoolin' life?
User avatar
SmoothKid
Manager
 
Posts: 2029
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006
Location: Germany/Turkey

Postby carlo_thebest » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:17 am

UK Sales
5.456 Beyonce & Shakira (16)

Well on its way to becoming Beyonce’s biggest hit outside of Destiny’s Child, her Beautiful Liar duet with Shakira moves 7-6 on the year-to-date rankings with sales of 265,954, including 5,456 last week. The track falls 15-16 this week, racking up its 16th straight week in the Top 20, and has already sold twice as many copies as Déjà Vu, her 2006 number one with boyfriend Jay-Z. Ahead of it lies only her 2003 solo hit Crazy In Love, which has sold 316,907 copies so far.
User avatar
carlo_thebest
Legend
 
Posts: 11699
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2006
Location: Italy

Postby carlo_thebest » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:35 pm

CHART DATE: 07/23/2007
LAST UPDATE: 07/24/2007 09:35:07
NOW IN: 56.78%

-- 49 BEYONCE COLUMBIA 5,628
B'DAY
User avatar
carlo_thebest
Legend
 
Posts: 11699
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2006
Location: Italy

Postby tada » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:49 pm

carlo_thebest wrote:UK Sales
5.456 Beyonce & Shakira (16)

Well on its way to becoming Beyonce’s biggest hit outside of Destiny’s Child, her Beautiful Liar duet with Shakira moves 7-6 on the year-to-date rankings with sales of 265,954, including 5,456 last week. The track falls 15-16 this week, racking up its 16th straight week in the Top 20, and has already sold twice as many copies as Déjà Vu, her 2006 number one with boyfriend Jay-Z. Ahead of it lies only her 2003 solo hit Crazy In Love, which has sold 316,907 copies so far.
:o Almost 320k of "Crazy In Love", that's quite more than I thought :P :P
User avatar
tada
Legend
 
Posts: 35902
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006
Location: Czech Republic

Postby SmoothKid » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:24 pm

LW TW artist / album label power index % change
-- 1 NOW 25 UTV 224,469 -- ;D this is the best so far!!
VARIOUS ARTISTS

3 2 HANNAH MONTANA 2 - MEET MILEY WALT DISNEY RECORDS 112,202 -9%
SOUNDTRACK
1 3 T.I. ATLANTIC/ATL G 91,948 -44%
T.I. VS. T.I.P.

16 4 HAIRSPRAY NEW LINE 70,374 +81%
ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK
-- 5 COLBIE CAILLAT UNIVERSAL REPUBLIC 52,685 --
COCO
8 6 FERGIE A&M/INTERSCOPE 49,508 +1%
THE DUTCHESS

7 7 LINKIN PARK WARNER BROS. 47,334 -11%
MINUTES TO MIDNIGHT
9 8 AMY WINEHOUSE UNIVERSAL REPUBLIC 44,507 -6%
BACK TO BLACK
14 9 NICKELBACK ROADRUNNER 42,407 +2%
ALL THE RIGHT REASONS
6 10 BON JOVI ISLAND 41,892 -22%
LOST HIGHWAY
-- 11 YELLOWCARD CAPITOL 41,770 --
PAPER WALLS
5 12 KELLY CLARKSON RCA/RMG 41,183 -34%
MY DECEMBER
2 13 SMASHING PUMPKINS REPRISE 37,158 -75%
ZEITGEIST
19 14 RIHANNA DEF JAM/IDJMG 35,022 -3%
GOOD GIRL GONE BAD

12 15 WHITE STRIPES WARNER BROS. 34,290 -19%
ICKY THUMP
20 16 TAYLOR SWIFT BIG MACHINE 34,145 +3%
TAYLOR SWIFT
17 17 BRAD PAISLEY RCA/RMG 33,962 -10%
5TH GEAR
11 18 MAROON 5 A&M/OCTONE 33,537 -24%
IT WON'T BE SOON BEFORE LONG
18 19 T-PAIN JIVE/ZLG 31,727 -15%
EPIPHANY
22 20 AVRIL LAVIGNE ARISTA/RMG 27,164 -10%
BEST DAMN THING
31 21 PLAIN WHITE T'S HOLLYWOOD 27,048 +20%
EVERY SECOND COUNTS
24 22 DAUGHTRY RCA/RMG 25,181 -9%
DAUGHTRY
29 23 HANNAH MONTANA WALT DISNEY RECORDS 23,311 0%
SOUNDTRACK
33 24 MICHAEL BUBLE REPRISE 22,617 +3%
CALL ME IRRESPONSIBLE
26 25 R. KELLY JIVE/ZLG 22,554 -15%
DOUBLE UP
32 26 THE POLICE A&M 22,012 0%
THE POLICE
25 27 FABOLOUS DEF JAM/IDJMG 21,624 -20%
FROM NOTHIN' TO SOMETHIN'
21 28 VELVET REVOLVER RCA/RMG 21,361 -35%
LIBERTAD
28 29 TOBY KEITH SHOW DOG/UNIVERSAL NASH 21,256 -16%
BIG DOG DADDY
27 30 NE-YO DEF JAM/IDJMG 21,178 -16%
BECAUSE OF YOU
30 31 CARRIE UNDERWOOD ARISTA/RMG 21,154 -8%
SOME HEARTS
13 32 ALY & AJ HOLLYWOOD 20,802 -51%
INSOMNIATIC
36 33 TIMBALAND INTERSCOPE 20,580 +7%
TIMBALAND PRESENTS SHOCK VALUE
38 34 TIM MCGRAW CURB 18,968 +9%
LET IT GO
40 35 JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE JIVE/ZLG 18,647 +8%
FUTURE SEX/LOVE SOUNDS

10 36 SPOON MERGE 18,110 -59%
GA GA GA GA GA
4 37 INTERPOL CAPITOL 17,688 -75%
OUR LOVE TO ADMIRE
23 38 PAUL MCCARTNEY HEAR MUSIC 17,681 -37%
MEMORY ALMOST FULL
34 39 BIG & RICH WARNER BROS. NASHVILLE 16,408 -16%
BETWEEN RAISING HELL AND AMAZING
15 40 KELLY ROWLAND COLUMBIA 15,708 -60%
MS. KELLY

35 41 TRANSFORMERS WARNER BROS. 15,526 -20%
SOUNDTRACK
39 42 AKON SRC/UNIVERSAL MOTOWN 15,040 -14%
KONVICTED
-- 43 THE ROCKET SUMMER ISLAND/IDJMG 14,700 --
DO YOU FEEL
-- 44 ROONEY GEFFEN 14,660 --
CALLING THE WORLD
46 45 GWEN STEFANI INTERSCOPE 14,290 -6%
THE SWEET ESCAPE
41 46 SHOP BOYZ UNIVERSAL REPUBLIC 13,959 -17%
ROCKSTAR MENTALITY
48 47 PARAMORE FUELED BY RAMEN 13,605 -4%
RIOT!
43 48 JASON ALDEAN BROKEN BOW 13,488 -14%
RELENTLESS
44 49 FALL OUT BOY ISLAND/IDJMG 13,434 -12%
INFINITY ON HIGH
-- 50 BOYS LIKE GIRLS COLUMBIA 13,348 --
BOYS LIKE GIRLS

Damn Bee. I thought she was back up there. It's all good though. She probably sold around 10k. Still good!! :wink:
And I'm crazy, all day, all night
Who needs a degree when you're schoolin' life?
User avatar
SmoothKid
Manager
 
Posts: 2029
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006
Location: Germany/Turkey

Postby Yoshie » Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:46 am

Green Light is a non-mover at Number 78 in UK midweeks. Damn, it's going to flop hard next week when it's physically released. :roll: Shame because I thought it would really help the album, and it's my favourite.
Yoshie
Legend
 
Posts: 23626
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006

Postby flowers » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:39 am

i think it's just people wanting only the freemasons remix, once it gets released it could bring green light in the top10.. :wink:
User avatar
flowers
Superstar
 
Posts: 6434
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007
Location: london

Postby carlo_thebest » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:28 am

Why they still haven't released the Single on Itunes and the Freemasons remix?? They're killing the song...
User avatar
carlo_thebest
Legend
 
Posts: 11699
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2006
Location: Italy

Return to Artist Chart Analysis