Mariah Carey - E=MC²

Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby arronlei » Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:02 am

does anybody know when mariah plans to start recording a follow up to teom?
Last edited by arronlei on Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arronlei
Manager

Postby sat » Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:08 am

I herd she has strted writing for her new album on her tour bus on the TEOM tour in the US!!! So i fink she is pretty much strting recording nw since TEOM is pretty much wrapped up nw, in terms of singles and videos!!
sat
Personal Assistant

Postby Breathe » Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:33 am

i think there could be a while before another album as she is making a film after her tour, so dunno when there will be another album,

i've heard rumours and that about another album but nothing official,
Breathe
Manager

Postby naughtynae » Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:39 am

yeah i think (and hope) it'll be awhile she should take her time like with TEOM, i'm hoping for more soulful songs like circles, stay the night, wish you knew etc and some nice midtempo's just a good mixture kinda like TEOM. More james poyser maybe more kanye a timbaland midtempo would be cool :lol:
naughtynae
Legend

Postby TheVoice » Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:06 pm

From her "past experiences" I don't think shes in a rush to overwork herself again. She has a tour and a movie to do first.
TheVoice
Personal Assistant

Postby CanYouKeepUp » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:54 pm

I'm blasting Dreamlover at the minute for some reason. That and Fantasy are Mariah at her best imo. Great melody, vocals, not MOR run-of-the-mill Pop/R&B shoite. Just thought I'd randomly post that :)
CanYouKeepUp
Manager

Postby naughtynae » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:55 pm

Dreamlover :roll: one of her worst uptempo's ever its soo cheesy and sickly sweet i think im the only mariah fan who hates it but what ever prefere the lil remix on this tour :wink:
naughtynae
Legend

Postby me_against_me » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:13 am

i wish mariah will take some time to record and produce a good record like teom...i'd like something more hip-hop a la "it's like that" or "makin' it last all night"!!!i love her doing hip hop!!! :wink:
only one queen................MADONNA
me_against_me
Groupie

Postby arronlei » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:44 am

i was reading
beyonce has 3 octaves
christina 4

so what does mariah have and what does it mean she can do with it ?
arronlei
Manager

Postby Breathe » Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:05 pm

thought this was also relevant to post here,

She went on: "I wish I could take this tour to the UK - I love that place, but the timing just didn't work. I've got to start filming a movie called Tennessee later this year, then I start work on a new album. The UK fans are some of my favourites, though, and I want to get back there as soon as I can." You and us both, Mimi!
Breathe
Manager

Postby Guru » Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:16 pm

arronlei wrote:i was reading
beyonce has 3 octaves
christina 4

so what does mariah have and what does it mean she can do with it ?
How do you measure octaves? Just interested! i thought Mariah had like 6 octaves? Maybe I thought wrong? I think Toni was 4 or something...
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby TheVoice » Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:04 pm

Mariah had 5 octaves in her prime. I doubt she has that much now though.
TheVoice
Personal Assistant

Postby Tripped » Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:09 pm

Well she always said she was well on with Mimi 2 when she was promoting TEOM but I doubt that she's done much worthy of album inclusion. JD pretty much said his door is open when she has the time.
Tripped
Superstar

Postby tlcfanmail » Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:03 pm

mariah is releasing another damn single from "TEOM"

it's 'mine again'
tlcfanmail
Roadie

Postby lenor » Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:06 pm

what the hell, enuf already, and if she is releasing another single, shudnt it b stay the night, thats screaming to b a single. she mite jus b after another grammy lol
lenor
Superstar

Postby Frederic » Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:21 pm

Well, Mine Again has gone for adds .. I think it will be a radio only single, since Say Somethin' was a huge flop ..
Frederic
Good Boy Gone Bad

Postby Breathe » Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:29 pm

:o really?

another single cool,

but no video..

whats the point in that :(
Breathe
Manager

Postby naughtynae » Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:30 pm

Apparently it cant be released due to Kanye not liking it anymore :(

lenor wrote:what the hell, enuf already, and if she is releasing another single, shudnt it b stay the night, thats screaming to b a single. she mite jus b after another grammy lol
naughtynae
Legend

Postby Breathe » Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:35 pm

naughtynae wrote:Apparently it cant be released due to Kanye not liking it anymore :(

lenor wrote:what the hell, enuf already, and if she is releasing another single, shudnt it b stay the night, thats screaming to b a single. she mite jus b after another grammy lol
yea this was from another board but i thought was funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpSiDeDoWn
I heard quite some time ago, before the grammys, that Kanye doesn't want Stay The Night to be released.
fvck him...who he think he is? beyonce? he does not rule the world...chipmunk faced whore
:lol:
Breathe
Manager

Postby Tripped » Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:54 pm

Breathe wrote:
naughtynae wrote:Apparently it cant be released due to Kanye not liking it anymore :(

yea this was from another board but i thought was funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpSiDeDoWn
I heard quite some time ago, before the grammys, that Kanye doesn't want Stay The Night to be released.
fvck him...who he think he is? beyonce? he does not rule the world...chipmunk faced whore
:lol:
"Who does he think he is - beyonce?" = CLASSIC LINE :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tripped
Superstar

Postby sat » Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:51 pm

Nah, i fink releasing "Mine Again" to radio is a gr8 idea, it keeps the "Mariah hype" up and keeps her image active in the mainstream...i cn see this topping adult R&B yet agen...wich is a gud fing...as "FLAB" topped adult R&B...n she has gt anuva format nw dat plays her heavily.....wich cn onli lead to more success!!

I cnt see dis song doin too well commercially, it isn't a v mainstream tune, v Alicia Keys type organic/soulful R&B, wich is why it wud b huge on urban AC, n moderately successful on urban, bt Billboard, top 50 at most, if she's lucky!!
sat
Personal Assistant

Postby Breathe » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:39 pm

Mariah to Release Two Albums in 2007

Universal Music Group Chief Executive Doug Morris said on Tuesday the world's largest music company will post its best ever revenue and profit in 2007 thanks to new releases from its top-selling artists.

Morris said Universal and other music companies are also starting to see new revenue streams from digital sources, including Apple's iTunes online music service and iPod digital media player, and mobile phone ringtones.

"I think that next year we're going to have our best year," he said at the Reuters Media Summit in New York. "I think our revenues and our profits will be the best we've ever had."

Morris said Universal Music, owned by French media giant Vivendi (VIV.PA: Quote, Profile, Research), will benefit hugely from new albums from Eminem, 50 Cent and two albums from Mariah Carey.

"You can see there are myriad streams of income starting to come into the record companies," said Morris. "We're going to make money from MySpace, we're going to make money from YouTube, we're going to make money from Zune...we will make tremendous amount of money from telephones."
Breathe
Manager

Postby gaz_uk » Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:53 pm

2 albums? :o

Do you think one of them will be like a soundtrack album for the movie?
"I want a man who's kind and understanding. Is that too much to ask of a millionaire?"
gaz_uk
Superstar

Postby bigjlofan » Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:11 pm

its gonna be deja vu all over again :cry: :cry:
bigjlofan
Roadie

Postby dereon » Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:24 pm

Great !! Another Album !! :D :D :D :D
dereon
Legend

Return to The Retro