CZB's Chart, June - 2018 (Month 465) and 1981 (Month 23)

Moderators: JSparksFan, tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby CZB » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:00 pm

Thanks again for the comments this month ! :D

We've just entered the second half of this year . . . . . :o

It's another rare, but certainly not unique, occasion on which I reveal a Chartbuster that hasn't been mentioned,
and certainly not discussed, in virtually any other threads on UKmix - apart from my own on the Europarade . . . . .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CZB'S TOP FORTY ------------------- Month 407 ------------------- JULY 2013
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
01 01 03 BIRDS Anouk ##
02 --- 01 LIQUID LUNCH Caro Emerald [Highest New Entry]
03 11 04 TANGLED UP Caro Emerald ##
04 03 06 I LOVE IT Icona Pop featuring Charli XCX
05 04 03 JUST GIVE ME A REASON Pink featuring Nate Ruess
06 14 02 I'M YOUR SACRIFICE Ozark Henry and Amaryllis Uitterlinden
07 02 04 CLARITY Zedd featuring Foxes
08 10 03 WHERE ARE WE NOW David Bowie
09 --- 01 BUST YOUR WINDOWS Jazmine Sullivan
10 05 04 WHY AM I THE ONE Fun

11 12 02 MOZART'S HOUSE Clean Bandit ##
12 06 05 I COULD BE THE ONE Avicii Vs Nicky Romero ##
13 07 06 LAST DANCE Avicii
14 08 07 WHEN THE THAMES FROZE Smith and Burrows
15 09 07 HOW Regina Spektor
16 13 09 SONNENTANZ Klangkarussell ##
17 --- 01 YOUNG AND BEAUTIFUL Lana Del Rey ##
18 20 06 BRUISES Train featuring Ashley Monroe
19 16 06 GET A LIFE Fritz Kalkbrenner
20 24 03 LAURA Bat For Lashes

21 15 05 RIDE Lana Del Rey
22 17 09 CARRY ON Fun
23 40 02 DON'T SAVE ME Haim [Rapid Riser]
24 18 06 DAS GEZABEL Paul Kalkbrenner
25 19 06 EVERYTHING AT ONCE Lenka ##
26 21 08 SUITS YOU WELL Kato ##
27 26 10 WILDEST MOMENTS Jessie Ware
28 22 08 BLUE VELVET Lana Del Rey
29 23 09 MOVE IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION Gossip
30 33 02 ANGELS The XX

31 25 12 RESURRECTION Michael Calfan
32 36 02 LITTLE BY LITTLE Fritz Kalkbrenner
33 27 12 SOME NIGHTS Fun
34 28 10 SHE WOLF (FALLING TO PIECES) David Guetta featuring Sia
35 29 10 GREYHOUND Swedish House Mafia
36 30 10 SUMMERTIME SADNESS Lana Del Rey
37 32 12 INSPECTOR NORSE Todd Terje
38 31 13 DON'T LEAVE ME (NE ME QUITTE PAS) Regina Spektor [Fastest Faller / Longest Laster]
39 38 10 MILLION VOICES Otto Knows ##
40 39 12 DA BOP WTF! ##
TOP 40 BREAKERS:
01 [ 00 ] VANDAAG Bakermat [Chartbuster] ##
02 [ 02 ] BENEATH YOUR BEAUTIFUL Labrinth and Emeli Sande
03 [ 03 ] INFINITY Infinity Ink
04 [ 04 ] CLOWN Emeli Sande
05 [ 05 ] STAY Rihanna featuring Mikky Ekko
06 [ 06 ] ALL THE ROWBOATS Regina Spektor
07 [ 07 ] COME ALIVE Netsky
08 [ 08 ] GOOD TIME Owl City and Carly Rae Jepsen
09 [ 09 ] I NEED YOUR LOVE Calvin Harris featuring Ellie Goulding
10 [ 10 ] PLEASE DON'T SAY YOU LOVE ME Gabrielle Aplin

11 [ 11 ] THIS KISS Carly Rae Jepsen
12 [ 12 ] FEEL THIS MOMENT Pitbull featuring Christina Aguilera
13 [ 13 ] LEAVING Pet Shop Boys
14 [ 14 ] IT'S A BEAUTIFUL DAY Michael Buble
15 [ 15 ] THIS IS LOVE Will.i.am featuring Eva Simons
16 [ 27 ] ROUGE ARDENT Axelle Red
17 [ 17 ] LET'S GO Calvin Harris featuring Ne-Yo
18 [ 24 ] TRY Pink
19 [ 19 ] RUNAWAYS Killers
20 [ 20 ] HERE WITH ME Killers

21 [ 21 ] HOMETOWN Andy Burrows
22 [ 22 ] MOLLY Cedric Gervais
23 [ 23 ] GEORGE'S CAFE Hooverphonic
24 [ 30 ] HOLES Passenger
25 [ 33 ] PANIC CORD Gabrielle Aplin
26 [ 26 ] HOW TO BE A HEARTBREAKER Marina and the Diamonds
27 [ 36 ] SAFE AND SOUND Capital Cities
28 [ 28 ] JUST ONE LAST TIME David Guetta featuring Taped Rai
29 [ 29 ] DARK PARADISE Lana Del Rey
30 [ 31 ] WE CAN ONLY LIVE TODAY (PUPPY) Netsky featuring Billie

31 [ 35 ] THIS IS WHAT IT FEELS LIKE Armin Van Buuren featuring Trevor Guthrie
32 [ 32 ] PLAY HARD David Guetta featuring Ne-Yo and Akon
33 [ 34 ] NO FREEDOM Dido
34 [ 40 ] SOMEBODY DANCE WITH ME DJ Bobo
35 [ 00 ] STILL INTO YOU Paramore
36 [ 38 ] WORKING MAN Rita MacNeil
37 [ 39 ] RIGHT IN THE NIGHT Jam and Spoon featuring Plavka
38 [ 00 ] TONIGHT I'M GETTING OVER YOU Carly Rae Jepsen
39 [ 00 ] MERMAID Train
40 [ 00 ] QUELQUE PART D'AILLEURS Axelle Red
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Number one fourteen years ago: KILLING TIME Tina Cousins
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Number one twenty-eight years ago: THE LOST OPERA Kimera and the Operaiders with the LSO

A few hours ago, it was announced that Icona Pop - Swedes Aino Jawo and Caroline Hjelt - have had the biggest-selling single of the past week in the UK with “I Love It”, ten months after it peaked at number two in their homeland. Having spent March, April and May as my number one, this is only the tenth UK chart-topper to have reached pole position in my chart too - and it’s the fourth to do so before the rest of the nation caught up ! The ladies spend a six consecutive month in my top five, although their single is among twenty-seven moving down this time, sliding one place to number four. Above them, it’s an all-Dutch top three - the only non-mover this month is the Eurovision entry which soared to the summit in June for Anouk. However, another singer from the same country could well take over next month - either with one of the biggest of nine climbers, “Tangled Up”, which rises eight places to number three, or with the highest of just three new entries. “Liquid Lunch” has recently become only the second top 75 hit in the UK for Caro Emerald, and instantly gives the 32-year-old jazz performer her second highest peak in my top forty, beaten only by “A Night Like This”. That also reached number one in the Netherlands - as did Pink featuring Nate Ruess with “Just Give Me A Reason”. Their collaboration completes my top five for this month, falling back one spot to number five. Most of the other hits on the way down this time are in the bottom half of my top forty - and they include Regina Spektor’s “Don’t Leave Me (Ne Me Quitte Pas)”. Diving seven places to number 38, it’s both the fastest faller and the longest laster - one of no fewer than ten tracks whose appearances in the chart have reached double figures. Those include Lana Del Rey with "Summertime Sadness" - and she now gets her seventh top forty hit with last month’s Chartbuster, “Young And Beautiful”, new at 17. The other newcomer is a chart debut for a song originally recorded five years ago, which I only became aware of recently - Jazmine Sullivan crashes in at number nine with “Bust Your Windows”. Along with this and the two Caro Emerald songs previously mentioned, a fourth hit makes its first top ten appearance this time - “I’m Your Sacrifice”, by Ozark Henry and Amaryllis Uitterlinden - by climbing eight notches to number six. However, July’s Rapid Riser moves up an impressive seventeen positions from its debut at number 40 in June - that’s Haim, now at 23 with “Don’t Save Me”.

Four out of just five brand new potential future hits arrive right at, or near, the bottom of the top forty breakers this month. Both Axelle Red and Carly Rae Jepsen add to their existing presence with further singles from their latest albums - “Quelque Part Ailleurs” and “Tonight I’m Getting Over You” respectively - while Train, who had always appeared in the breakers with at least one potential hit from their album “California 37” from May 2011 until May 2013, return with yet another after only one month’s absence. That’s their current Dutch top forty success, “Mermaid”. And impressing me for the first time ever, after about a decade in the music business, are Tennessee-based Christian rock band Paramore - with their long-running UK top forty hit “Still Into You”. Meanwhile, at the top end of the breakers, there is the unusual situation of slots 02 to 15 remaining exactly as they were - partly because downward movement is not permitted. “It’s A Beautiful Day” from Michael Buble, and “I Need Your Love” by Calvin Harris featuring Ellie Goulding are actually the closest to the top forty of all of these - but they cannot improve upon on their number fourteen and number nine placings of last time, because everything else that was above them has also continued to advance, albeit at a varying and slower rate! Of course, the number one position in the breakers is reserved for the Chartbuster - the most promising new release (or, at least, new to me!) of the month. This time, it’s an interesting five-and-a-half-minutes creation with a Dutch title, but no Dutch lyrics. Largely instrumental - with a particularly prominent saxophone - the only words featured are . . . . . extracts from a famous Martin Luther King speech delivered in 1963. The track was originally put together about a year ago, but is only now beginning to attract the interest of a significant number of music buyers and radio programmers in some countries. It has been in the top ten in Belgium for the last four weeks . . . . . this week, it also entered the Dutch chart . . . . . and it’s now guaranteed to make its debut in my top forty next time. My Record of the Month for July 2013 is Bakermat, with “Vandaag”.

CZB
Legend

Postby Benny » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:17 am

Nice number one by Anouk, good new entry for Lana Del Rey. My highlight this week is Haim's "Don't Save Me" climbing 17 places, it's such a great song! :D
Benny
Legend

Postby Phoenixx » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:40 pm

Phoenixx
Purpose

Postby CZB » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:00 pm

Many thanks again to Benny and MarcusDGST6811 for the comments, at the beginning of the month - unfortunately, it's been quite a busy few weeks, and once again I've not had time to post any additional features at all since then. And there are still too many tracks from 2011 remaining in my current chart to enable a top 100 of that year to be finalised yet - most of which will remain in for at least this coming month . . . . .

. . . . . which, all being well, will be posted as usual, in exactly forty-eight hours from now. I'm in the strange position, however, of not being able to select the track I'd ideally like to as the new Chartbuster, because I haven't been able to confirm the likelihood of any physical release of it in the foreseeable future ! The same is true of a few other recent download-only releases, which will remain equally ineligible for inclusion in the top forty breakers (or, of course, the top forty) until this situation changes. They just need to get onto a compilation CD album . . . . . even that would do ! I do hope this isn't a sign of the way the music industry is going.

Anyway, I have changed my signature, as I always do at this point in the month, to cryptically hint at my upcoming selection - and, as a result of the above, it becomes by default surely one of the most obvious, easily guessable records of the month ever ! However, I can also reveal, in advance of the whole of the new chart, that I'll be announcing a new number one - the 204th in exactly thirty-four years. It may or may not be helpful - but, as quiz show presenters such as Victoria Coren Mitchell or Jeremy Paxman might say, "here is a picture clue" . . . . .

CZB
Legend

Postby CZB » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:00 pm

After I (sort of) revealed the new number one and the new Chartbuster a couple of nights ago, it's now time to find out what surprises (or not) there are in the other thirty-nine positions of both lists . . . . .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CZB'S TOP FORTY ------------- Month 408 ------------- AUGUST 2013 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
01 06 03 I'M YOUR SACRIFICE Ozark Henry and Amaryllis Uitterlinden
02 02 02 LIQUID LUNCH Caro Emerald
03 17 02 YOUNG AND BEAUTIFUL Lana Del Rey [Rapid Riser] ##
04 03 05 TANGLED UP Caro Emerald ##
05 07 05 CLARITY Zedd featuring Foxes
06 09 02 BUST YOUR WINDOWS Jazmine Sullivan
07 01 04 BIRDS Anouk ##
08 04 07 I LOVE IT Icona Pop featuring Charli XCX
09 08 04 WHERE ARE WE NOW David Bowie
10 23 03 DON'T SAVE ME Haim

11 11 03 MOZART'S HOUSE Clean Bandit ##
12 05 04 JUST GIVE ME A REASON Pink featuring Nate Ruess
13 10 05 WHY AM I THE ONE Fun
14 --- 01 VANDAAG Bakermat [Highest New Entry] ##
15 12 06 I COULD BE THE ONE Avicii Vs Nicky Romero ##
16 20 04 LAURA Bat For Lashes
17 13 07 LAST DANCE Avicii
18 14 08 WHEN THE THAMES FROZE Smith and Burrows
19 15 08 HOW Regina Spektor
20 18 07 BRUISES Train featuring Ashley Monroe

21 30 03 ANGELS The XX
22 36 11 SUMMERTIME SADNESS Lana Del Rey [Rapid Riser]
23 16 10 SONNENTANZ Klangkarussell ##
24 19 07 GET A LIFE Fritz Kalkbrenner
25 --- 01 SAFE AND SOUND Capital Cities
26 32 03 LITTLE BY LITTLE Fritz Kalkbrenner
27 21 06 RIDE Lana Del Rey
28 22 10 CARRY ON Fun
29 27 11 WILDEST MOMENTS Jessie Ware
30 24 07 DAS GEZABEL Paul Kalkbrenner

31 --- 01 IT'S A BEAUTIFUL DAY Michael Buble
32 25 07 EVERYTHING AT ONCE Lenka ##
33 26 09 SUITS YOU WELL Kato ##
34 28 09 BLUE VELVET Lana Del Rey
35 --- 01 I NEED YOUR LOVE Calvin Harris featuring Ellie Goulding
36 29 10 MOVE IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION Gossip
37 34 11 SHE WOLF (FALLING TO PIECES) David Guetta featuring Sia
38 35 11 GREYHOUND Swedish House Mafia
39 31 13 RESURRECTION Michael Calfan [Fastest Faller / Longest Laster]
40 --- 01 INFINITY Infinity Ink
TOP 40 BREAKERS:
01 [ 00 ] WAKE ME UP Avicii featuring Aloe Blacc [Chartbuster] ##
03 [ 05 ] STAY Rihanna featuring Mikky Ekko
04 [ 04 ] CLOWN Emeli Sande
05 [ 16 ] ROUGE ARDENT Axelle Red
06 [ 07 ] COME ALIVE Netsky
07 [ 08 ] GOOD TIME Owl City and Carly Rae Jepsen
08 [ 15 ] THIS IS LOVE Will.i.am featuring Eva Simons
09 [ 10 ] PLEASE DON'T SAY YOU LOVE ME Gabrielle Aplin
10 [ 11 ] THIS KISS Carly Rae Jepsen

11 [ 12 ] FEEL THIS MOMENT Pitbull featuring Christina Aguilera
12 [ 13 ] LEAVING Pet Shop Boys
13 [ 18 ] TRY Pink
14 [ 25 ] PANIC CORD Gabrielle Aplin
15 [ 31 ] THIS IS WHAT IT FEELS LIKE Armin Van Buuren featuring Trevor Guthrie
16 [ 24 ] HOLES Passenger
17 [ 23 ] GEORGE'S CAFE Hooverphonic
18 [ 20 ] HERE WITH ME Killers
19 [ 21 ] HOMETOWN Andy Burrows
20 [ 22 ] MOLLY Cedric Gervais

21 [ 00 ] HEY NOW Martin Solveig and the Cataracs featuring Kyle
22 [ 30 ] WE CAN ONLY LIVE TODAY (PUPPY) Netsky featuring Billie
23 [ 35 ] STILL INTO YOU Paramore
24 [ 26 ] HOW TO BE A HEARTBREAKER Marina and the Diamonds
25 [ 00 ] SUMMER MOONLIGHT Bob Sinclar
26 [ 28 ] JUST ONE LAST TIME David Guetta featuring Taped Rai
27 [ 29 ] DARK PARADISE Lana Del Rey
28 [ 38 ] TONIGHT I'M GETTING OVER YOU Carly Rae Jepsen
29 [ 00 ] OOH LA LA Britney Spears
30 [ 33 ] NO FREEDOM Dido

31 [ 32 ] PLAY HARD David Guetta featuring Ne-Yo and Akon
32 [ 39 ] MERMAID Train
33 [ 34 ] SOMEBODY DANCE WITH ME DJ Bobo
34 [ 00 ] FORMIDABLE Stromae
35 [ 36 ] WORKING MAN Rita MacNeil
36 [ 37 ] RIGHT IN THE NIGHT Jam and Spoon featuring Plavka
37 [ 00 ] DUST CLEARS Clean Bandit
38 [ 00 ] IT'S YOU Duck Sauce
39 [ 40 ] QUELQUE PART D'AILLEURS Axelle Red
40 [ 00 ] I LIKE TRUCKING Not The Nine O'Clock News
Number one seven years ago: ON THE RADIO Groove Coverage
Number one twenty years ago: UNE FILLE DE TOUS LES PAYS (Medley) Berdien Stenberg

Anouk’s 2013 Eurovision Song Contest entry really lives up to some of its lyrics this time, as it’s “Birds” falling down - all the way from number one to number seven. Among twenty-four tracks on the slide - the others including Michael Calfan’s “Resurrection”, which is both the fastest faller and the longest laster, sinking eight notches to number 39 in its thirteenth month - this makes way for a new, and 204th, chart-topper. And it’s the collaboration between Ozark Henry - 43-year-old Piet Goddaer from Kortrijk, Belgium - with Amaryllis Uitterlinden, an actress less than half his age, that has spent the whole of the last three months in the top fifteen in their homeland and now climbs five places to reach pole position in my chart. “I’m Your Sacrifice” is one of only nine songs ascending this month - and the others include Haim with “Don’t Save Me”. Rapid Riser last time, this very nearly retained the honour by racing up a further thirteen places to number ten - but, most unusually, two songs from one artist beat them by moving up fourteen spots each. Lana Del Rey has suddenly entered the top forty in the UK with “Summertime Sadness”, which first came to my attention last summer, and now rebounds from 36 to 22 in its eleventh appearance - while her former Chartbuster “Young And Beautiful” exactly matches that move by zooming from its number 17 debut in July to this month’s number three.

Preventing her from going any higher is Caro Emerald, whose “Liquid Lunch” came in at number two last time, but stays put, one of two non-movers - which leaves five new entries, one of the highest monthly totals of the year so far. They involve only two acts that have ever charted before - both Michael Buble and Ellie Goulding have previously had one hit each, with “Haven’t Met You Yet” and “Starry Eyed” respectively. The 37-year-old singer and actor from Canada is in at 31 with “It’s A Beautiful Day”, while the somewhat younger singer/songwriter and guitarist from Hereford, England arrives four places lower with “I Need Your Love”. For this, she has teamed up with Calvin Harris - who, until now, had shared third place with Inna on my “most breakers without any hits” list. This top forty entry has followed four other breakers that failed to make it, so he is no longer a threat to Haddaway (six breakers, best peak 88) and Steps (ten breakers, best peak 52) ! The other three debuts make the first chart appearances for Infinity Ink with “Infinity” at 40, Capital Cities with “Safe And Sound” at 25, and last month’s Chartbuster by Bakermat, “Vandaag”, top newcomer at number 14.

And that Dutch DJ - Lodewijk Fluttert - could have had the rare distinction of two Chartbusters in successive months, if only another track from his digital-only releases of a year ago, “Zomer”, was available in any physical format! Unfortunately, it isn’t - despite now joining “Vandaag” in the Belgian chart, and threatening also to join it in the Dutch chart - so unless and until this changes, it remains (along with a few other current and recent releases) ineligible for inclusion in the breakers. However, there are seven other new potential hits arriving this time - and there is also a single originally released in 1981. Sadly, this month the comedian, writer, film director, producer and actor Mel Smith passed away, at the age of sixty. I was quite surprised to discover that he was still so relatively young, more so that he was only in his late twenties when he participated in the sketch comedy series that first brought him fame, “Not The Nine O’Clock News”. One of the many musical numbers in which he featured in that show was “I Like Trucking” - which could now go on to reach my top forty in the months ahead.

However, all of the new breakers this time are from acts that have previously charted at least once. With "Dust Clears", Clean Bandit could add a second hit to their former Chartbuster “Mozart’s House” - while Duck Sauce, Stromae and Britney Spears could all notch up their third top forty entries, with “It’s You”, “Formidable” and “Ooh La La” respectively. Two Frenchmen with nine previous successes between them have strong contenders for future charts - Bob Sinclar with “Summer Moonlight” and Martin Solveig with “Hey Now” - but, for the second time in 2013, the Chartbuster is the work of a 23-year-old musician, DJ, remixer and record producer from Stockholm, Sweden. With guest vocals by a Californian singer and rapper (although I think I like it just as much without them!), his latest release is currently topping the charts all across the continent - including the UK, in which its first-week sales total of in excess of 266,000 was the strongest of the year so far. Now guaranteed to become his eighth hit in my chart in less than three years, my Record of the Month for August 2013 is Avicii featuring Aloe Blacc, and “Wake Me Up!”.

CZB
Legend

Postby CrazyCrazy » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:21 pm

Great chart mate, very informative too!

I like many David Bowie, Haim, Regina, Lana, Jessie Ware, Lenka & Gossip! :D
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby Benny » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:34 pm

03 17 02 YOUNG AND BEAUTIFUL Lana Del Rey [Rapid Riser] ##
05 07 05 CLARITY Zedd featuring Foxes
07 01 04 BIRDS Anouk ##
10 23 03 DON'T SAVE ME Haim
13 10 05 WHY AM I THE ONE Fun
17 13 07 LAST DANCE Avicii
22 36 11 SUMMERTIME SADNESS Lana Del Rey [Rapid Riser]
25 --- 01 SAFE AND SOUND Capital Cities
35 --- 01 I NEED YOUR LOVE Calvin Harris featuring Ellie Goulding
36 29 10 MOVE IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION Gossip
37 34 11 SHE WOLF (FALLING TO PIECES) David Guetta featuring Sia
38 35 11 GREYHOUND Swedish House Mafia

TOP 40 BREAKERS:
01 [ 00 ] WAKE ME UP Avicii featuring Aloe Blacc [Chartbuster] ##
13 [ 18 ] TRY Pink
16 [ 24 ] HOLES Passenger
23 [ 35 ] STILL INTO YOU Paramore
24 [ 26 ] HOW TO BE A HEARTBREAKER Marina and the Diamonds
30 [ 33 ] NO FREEDOM Dido
34 [ 00 ] FORMIDABLE Stromae
36 [ 37 ] RIGHT IN THE NIGHT Jam and Spoon featuring Plavka

Great to see Haim entering the top 10, I love that song! Nice to see Capital Cities as a new entry and Avicii & Aloe Blacc as this month's chartbuster. :D
Benny
Legend

Postby Haribo » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:06 pm

Pretty bad drop for "Just Give Me a Reason"! Oh, and I hope "Try" will make the chart!
Haribo
Legend

Postby CZB » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:00 pm

Many thanks again for the comments this month ! :D

I'm posting my new chart for September a couple of hours early - so that it can be included in
tonight's UKmixParade ! Although there's not much change in my top five, I would otherwise
have seriously risked being almost the only forum member with just one hit appearing . . . . .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CZB'S TOP FORTY -------------------- Month 409 -------------------- SEPTEMBER 2013
01 01 04 I'M YOUR SACRIFICE Ozark Henry and Amaryllis Uitterlinden
02 02 03 LIQUID LUNCH Caro Emerald
03 03 03 YOUNG AND BEAUTIFUL Lana Del Rey ##
04 06 03 BUST YOUR WINDOWS Jazmine Sullivan
05 ---- 01 WAKE ME UP Avicii featuring Aloe Blacc [Highest New Entry] ##
06 10 04 DON'T SAVE ME Haim
07 04 06 TANGLED UP Caro Emerald ##
08 05 06 CLARITY Zedd featuring Foxes
09 07 05 BIRDS Anouk ##
10 25 02 SAFE AND SOUND Capital Cities [Rapid Riser]

11 11 04 MOZART'S HOUSE Clean Bandit ##
12 14 02 VANDAAG Bakermat ##
13 09 05 WHERE ARE WE NOW David Bowie
14 12 05 JUST GIVE ME A REASON Pink featuring Nate Ruess
15 16 05 LAURA Bat For Lashes
16 21 04 ANGELS The XX
17 31 02 IT'S A BEAUTIFUL DAY Michael Buble
18 15 07 I COULD BE THE ONE Avicii Vs Nicky Romero ##
19 22 12 SUMMERTIME SADNESS Lana Del Rey
20 08 08 I LOVE IT Icona Pop featuring Charli XCX [Fastest Faller]

21 26 04 LITTLE BY LITTLE Fritz Kalkbrenner
22 35 02 I NEED YOUR LOVE Calvin Harris featuring Ellie Goulding
23 13 06 WHY AM I THE ONE Fun
24 17 08 LAST DANCE Avicii
25 29 12 WILDEST MOMENTS Jessie Ware
26 18 09 WHEN THE THAMES FROZE Smith and Burrows
27 19 09 HOW Regina Spektor
28 ---- 01 THIS IS WHAT IT FEELS LIKE Armin Van Buuren featuring Trevor Guthrie
29 40 02 INFINITY Infinity Ink
30 20 08 BRUISES Train featuring Ashley Monroe

31 ---- 01 ROUGE ARDENT Axelle Red
32 ---- 01 OOH LA LA Britney Spears
33 24 08 GET A LIFE Fritz Kalkbrenner
34 30 08 DAS GEZABEL Paul Kalkbrenner
35 34 10 BLUE VELVET Lana Del Rey
36 ---- 01 STAY Rihanna featuring Mikky Ekko
37 ---- 01 PANIC CORD Gabrielle Aplin
38 37 12 SHE WOLF (FALLING TO PIECES) David Guetta featuring Sia
39 38 12 GREYHOUND Swedish House Mafia
40 39 14 RESURRECTION Michael Calfan [Longest Laster]
TOP 40 BREAKERS:
01 [ 00 ] APPLAUSE Lady GaGa [Chartbuster] ##
03 [ 04 ] CLOWN Emeli Sande
04 [ 06 ] COME ALIVE Netsky
05 [ 16 ] HOLES Passenger
06 [ 13 ] TRY Pink
07 [ 07 ] GOOD TIME Owl City and Carly Rae Jepsen
08 [ 08 ] THIS IS LOVE Will.i.am featuring Eva Simons
09 [ 09 ] PLEASE DON'T SAY YOU LOVE ME Gabrielle Aplin
10 [ 10 ] THIS KISS Carly Rae Jepsen

11 [ 11 ] FEEL THIS MOMENT Pitbull featuring Christina Aguilera
12 [ 12 ] LEAVING Pet Shop Boys
13 [ 00 ] COMPLETELY Caro Emerald
14 [ 21 ] HEY NOW Martin Solveig and the Cataracs featuring Kyle
15 [ 17 ] GEORGE'S CAFE Hooverphonic
16 [ 25 ] SUMMER MOONLIGHT Bob Sinclar
17 [ 23 ] STILL INTO YOU Paramore
18 [ 18 ] HERE WITH ME Killers
19 [ 19 ] HOMETOWN Andy Burrows
20 [ 20 ] MOLLY Cedric Gervais

21 [ 00 ] I WILL BE THERE Katie Melua
22 [ 22 ] WE CAN ONLY LIVE TODAY (PUPPY) Netsky featuring Billie
23 [ 00 ] LOVE IS A BOURGEOIS CONSTRUCT Pet Shop Boys
24 [ 24 ] HOW TO BE A HEARTBREAKER Marina and the Diamonds
25 [ 28 ] TONIGHT I'M GETTING OVER YOU Carly Rae Jepsen
26 [ 26 ] JUST ONE LAST TIME David Guetta featuring Taped Rai
27 [ 27 ] DARK PARADISE Lana Del Rey
28 [ 32 ] MERMAID Train
29 [ 37 ] DUST CLEARS Clean Bandit
30 [ 30 ] NO FREEDOM Dido

31 [ 31 ] PLAY HARD David Guetta featuring Ne-Yo and Akon
32 [ 33 ] SOMEBODY DANCE WITH ME DJ Bobo
33 [ 34 ] FORMIDABLE Stromae
34 [ 35 ] WORKING MAN Rita MacNeil
35 [ 36 ] RIGHT IN THE NIGHT Jam and Spoon featuring Plavka
36 [ 38 ] IT'S YOU Duck Sauce
37 [ 00 ] PAPAOUTAI Stromae
38 [ 39 ] QUELQUE PART D'AILLEURS Axelle Red
39 [ 00 ] PAPER AEROPLANE Francesco Rossi
40 [ 00 ] ANIMALS Martin Garrix
Number one six years ago: THROUGH THE DARK KT Tunstall
Number one sixteen years ago: NOTHING COMPARES 2U Dune

In their Belgian homeland, “I’m Your Sacrifice” was this month declared the “Radio 2 Summer Hit 2013” for Ozark Henry and Amaryllis Uitterlinden, and has since raced back up the charts there. And it remains my number one for a second month, one of four non-movers in the top forty. The others are its two closest rivals - Caro Emerald at number two for a third month with “Liquid Lunch” and Lana Del Rey at number three for a second month with “Young And Beautiful” - and one of only two tracks in the whole of the chart not available on vinyl (and therefore barred from climbing any higher) - “Mozart’s House” by Clean Bandit at 11. The other CD-only release is just below them at number 12 - Bakermat’s “Vandaag”, which contains extracts from an extremely famous Martin Luther King speech, the fiftieth anniversary of which was very recently celebrated. The highest of five new entries last month, it is now one of twelve climbers - with a restricted advance of only two places. However, the other newcomers from August all make major upward moves - Infinity Ink ascend eleven spots to 29, Calvin Harris and Ellie Goulding go up thirteen at 22, Michael Buble races from 31 to 17, and a former German number one for Capital Cities, “Safe And Sound”, narrowly wins the title of Rapid Riser with a fifteen-place jump to number ten. Meanwhile, the current best-seller there, and in pretty much every country in continental Europe at the moment, is “Wake Me Up” by Avicii featuring Aloe Blacc - and this looks like a strong challenger for pole position in my chart in the months ahead too, crashing straight in at number five.

Five other new arrivals are bunched together towards the bottom end of the top forty - and all the main performers bar one have previously charted. With by far the longest gap between hits, Axelle Red’s second success “Rouge Ardent” is in at 31. Her only previous chart entry, “Sensuelite”, peaked at number six nearly two decades ago, back in 1994 ! However, Armin Van Buuren, Britney Spears and Rihanna have all charted most recently within the last eighteen months. Their new hits are “This Is What It Feels Like” at 28, “Ooh La La” at 32 and “Stay” at 36. Although the second of these doesn’t seem to feature any other artists - not even the Smurfs, from the soundtrack of whose new second film it is taken - the vocals on the first are provided by Trevor Guthrie and are shared on the third by Mikky Ekko, both of whom make their chart debuts. So too - but completely unaided - does Gabrielle Aplin. Her first breaker "Please Don't Say You Love Me" grinds to at least a temporary halt at this month‘s number 90, but the follow-up “Panic Cord” glides right past it - making a sixty-place ascent to number 37.

Among eighteen hits moving down, the fastest faller is the former number one from both my chart and the UK Top 40, by Icona Pop featuring Charli XCX. After seven months inside the top ten, “I Love It” dives twelve places to number 20 - while at number 40, Michael Calfan clings on in yet again for a fourteenth appearance with the instrumental “Resurrection”. If that had dropped out, four tracks would have been the joint longest lasters - as “Greyhound”, “She Wolf”, “Wildest Moments” and “Summertime Sadness” all achieve a full year in the top forty for the Swedish House Mafia, David Guetta featuring Sia, Jessie Ware and Lana Del Rey. The latter two are both actually moving back upwards again - with the former number one currently being used in an advertising campaign in the UK, and the Cedric Gervais mix causing a massive success there in an entirely different summertime from the one originally thought of. It’s worth noting that, after spending a full year in the German top hundred and with major success in several other countries, the Austrian duo Klangkarussell looked set to match that in my chart - but it would seem that from this point onwards I‘m much more likely to hear “Sonnentanz” with some utterly and completely HORRIBLE vocals by Will Heard added. This may have given them a top three smash in the UK, but has very much spoiled the track for me - and it has dropped right out of the top forty from last month’s number 23. In the last ten years, only one hit has departed from a higher position, in October 2007. Oddly, that was also an instrumental - Klaus Badelt and DJ Tiesto fell off the gangplank from number 22 with “He’s A Pirate”.

Making their first appearances in the top forty breakers this time are DJs Martin Garrix and Francesco Rossi, with “Animals” and “Paper Aeroplane” respectively - but the other five new potential future hits this month are all from more familiar names. Indeed, all bar Stromae have previously topped my chart at least once. He previously reached number four with “Alors On Danse” and number 19 with the follow-up “Te Quiero” - and, now that his new album has been released on CD (and almost all of its tracks seem to have turned up individually in the French top 200), “Papaoutai” is able to join “Formidable” to give him the chance of doubling his tally of hits in the months ahead. The Pet Shop Boys took “Losing My Mind” to number one in my top forty, and “Love Is A Bourgeois Construct” could soon become the latest in a long line of successes for them stretching over nearly two decades - while Katie Melua snatched pole position with “Better Than A Dream” in July 2012 - the first single from her upcoming new album is “I Will Be There”. And in a closely-contested battle for Chartbuster this time between two ladies with ten previous successes each, Caro Emerald loses out with the newest release from her second album. However, it would be surprising indeed if “Completely” failed to give the Dutch jazz singer her eleventh consecutive top fifteen hit from eleven breakers. Her only number one was “A Night Like This” - whereas next month’s guaranteed top forty new entry is from an American who has already had three chart-toppers. They were . . . . . “Poker Face”, “Alejandro (Don’t Call My Name)” and “The Edge Of Glory”. So, my Record of the Month for September can only be . . . . . Lady GaGa, with “Applause” !

CZB
Legend

Postby Benny » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:15 pm

Fantastic to see "Wake Me Up" entering the top 5, Aloe Blacc's voice really stands out on that song!

Some other highlights for me are Haim climbing further up the top 10, Armin van Buuren's new entry and of course the chartbuster by Lady Gaga. :D

Oh and I hope that Stromae will eventually end up in the higher regions of your chart. :wink:
Benny
Legend

Postby Haribo » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:47 pm

Good to see "Try" increase! The main chart is getting closer. 8-)
Haribo
Legend

Postby toni_pest » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:48 pm

Yes Gaga!! :D
:)
toni_pest
Coming Soon

Postby jszmiles » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:18 pm

Number one sixteen years ago: NOTHING COMPARES 2U Dune

what a tune, fantastic re-work.
jszmiles
Legend

Postby CZB » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:00 pm

Thanks again for the comments this month ! :D

It's said that "everything comes to those who wait" - but who now achieves a second
number one in my chart, more than twenty-two years after the first one . . . . . ?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CZB'S TOP FORTY ----------------------------------- Month 410 ----------------------------------- OCTOBER 2013
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
01 ---- 01 LOVE IS A BOURGEOIS CONSTRUCT Pet Shop Boys [Highest New Entry]
02 01 05 I'M YOUR SACRIFICE Ozark Henry and Amaryllis Uitterlinden
03 05 02 WAKE ME UP Avicii featuring Aloe Blacc ##
04 10 03 SAFE AND SOUND Capital Cities
05 ---- 01 COMPLETELY Caro Emerald
06 02 04 LIQUID LUNCH Caro Emerald
07 32 02 OOH LA LA Britney Spears [Rapid Riser]
08 03 04 YOUNG AND BEAUTIFUL Lana Del Rey ##
09 08 07 CLARITY Zedd featuring Foxes
10 04 04 BUST YOUR WINDOWS Jazmine Sullivan

11 11 05 MOZART'S HOUSE Clean Bandit ##
12 12 03 VANDAAG Bakermat ##
13 ---- 01 APPLAUSE Lady GaGa ##
14 17 03 IT'S A BEAUTIFUL DAY Michael Buble
15 28 02 THIS IS WHAT IT FEELS LIKE Armin Van Buuren featuring Trevor Guthrie
16 06 05 DON'T SAVE ME Haim
17 22 03 I NEED YOUR LOVE Calvin Harris featuring Ellie Goulding
18 07 07 TANGLED UP Caro Emerald ##
19 09 06 BIRDS Anouk ##
20 14 06 JUST GIVE ME A REASON Pink featuring Nate Ruess

21 16 05 ANGELS The XX
22 31 02 ROUGE ARDENT Axelle Red
23 13 06 WHERE ARE WE NOW David Bowie
24 ---- 01 I WILL BE THERE Katie Melua
25 15 06 LAURA Bat For Lashes
26 20 09 I LOVE IT Icona Pop featuring Charli XCX
27 29 03 INFINITY Infinity Ink
28 18 08 I COULD BE THE ONE Avicii Vs Nicky Romero ##
29 37 02 PANIC CORD Gabrielle Aplin
30 21 05 LITTLE BY LITTLE Fritz Kalkbrenner

31 24 09 LAST DANCE Avicii
32 36 02 STAY Rihanna featuring Mikky Ekko
33 19 13 SUMMERTIME SADNESS Lana Del Rey [Fastest Faller / Longest Laster]
34 26 10 WHEN THE THAMES FROZE Smith and Burrows
35 27 10 HOW Regina Spektor
36 23 07 WHY AM I THE ONE Fun
37 30 09 BRUISES Train featuring Ashley Monroe
38 ---- 01 HOLES Passenger
39 25 13 WILDEST MOMENTS Jessie Ware [Fastest Faller / Longest Laster]
40 ---- 01 HEY NOW Martin Solveig and the Cataracs featuring Kyle
TOP 40 BREAKERS:
01 [ 00 ] MI MI MI Serebro [Chartbuster] ##
03 [ 03 ] CLOWN Emeli Sande
04 [ 06 ] TRY Pink
05 [ 09 ] PLEASE DON'T SAY YOU LOVE ME Gabrielle Aplin
06 [ 17 ] STILL INTO YOU Paramore
07 [ 10 ] THIS KISS Carly Rae Jepsen
08 [ 00 ] PLAUDITE AMICI COMEDIA FINITA EST Ozark Henry and Amaryllis Uitterlinden
09 [ 11 ] FEEL THIS MOMENT Pitbull featuring Christina Aguilera
10 [ 12 ] LEAVING Pet Shop Boys

11 [ 15 ] GEORGE'S CAFE Hooverphonic
12 [ 22 ] WE CAN ONLY LIVE TODAY (PUPPY) Netsky featuring Billie
13 [ 25 ] TONIGHT I'M GETTING OVER YOU Carly Rae Jepsen
14 [ 39 ] PAPER AEROPLANE Francesco Rossi
15 [ 40 ] ANIMALS Martin Garrix
16 [ 16 ] SUMMER MOONLIGHT Bob Sinclar
17 [ 18 ] HERE WITH ME Killers
18 [ 19 ] HOMETOWN Andy Burrows
19 [ 20 ] MOLLY Cedric Gervais
20 [ 00 ] BEI DIR BIN ICH SCHöN 2RaumWohnung

21 [ 24 ] HOW TO BE A HEARTBREAKER Marina and the Diamonds
22 [ 28 ] MERMAID Train
23 [ 29 ] DUST CLEARS Clean Bandit
24 [ 27 ] DARK PARADISE Lana Del Rey
25 [ 26 ] JUST ONE LAST TIME David Guetta featuring Taped Rai
26 [ 33 ] FORMIDABLE Stromae
27 [ 30 ] NO FREEDOM Dido
28 [ 36 ] IT'S YOU Duck Sauce
29 [ 31 ] PLAY HARD David Guetta featuring Ne-Yo and Akon
30 [ 37 ] PAPAOUTAI Stromae

31 [ 32 ] SOMEBODY DANCE WITH ME DJ Bobo
32 [ 00 ] WINGS Birdy
33 [ 34 ] WORKING MAN Rita MacNeil
34 [ 35 ] RIGHT IN THE NIGHT Jam and Spoon featuring Plavka
35 [ 00 ] THE WRONG DIRECTION Passenger
36 [ 00 ] STRONG London Grammar
37 [ 38 ] QUELQUE PART D'AILLEURS Axelle Red
38 [ 00 ] BEAUTIFUL LIFE Armin Van Buuren featuring Cindy Alma
39 [ 00 ] AMOUR PROFOND Axelle Red
40 [ 00 ] LOVE ME AGAIN John Newman
Number one seventeen years ago: NEVER GONNA SAY I'M SORRY Ace Of Base
Number one thirty-two years ago: WHEN YOU WERE SWEET SIXTEEN The Fureys And Davey Arthur

The Great British music-buying public don’t seem to agree - if its new entry position slightly below the top 100 in the week of release is any indication - but for me the latest Pet Shop Boys single marks a real return to form. “Love Is A Bourgeois Construct” is their nineteenth hit - and the highest of six new entries in my top forty this month, as it crashes straight in at number one ! It’s my 205th chart-topper, and their second - just over twenty-two years after the first, “Losing My Mind”. Four of the other five acts who get new hits this time have also previously had at least one number one in my chart - the one that hasn’t being Passenger, whose top forty debut is at number 38 with “Holes”. Two places lower is Martin Solveig - his first success, “Hello”, came right in at number one, but his latest, “Hey Now” has quite some way to climb if it is to match that. So has Katie Melua - her new single “I Will Be There” was only at number 99 in the UK last week, but enters my top forty at 24. It’s her twelfth hit from twelve breakers, whereas Caro Emerald has achieved almost the same degree of consistency over a much shorter period of time. Her eleventh breaker “Completely” becomes her eleventh hit, arriving impressively at number five. Also notching up an eleventh hit is Lady GaGa - with last month’s Chartbuster, “Applause“. Her fourteenth breaker, it’s new at 13, just below the only two non-movers this time. Both are also former Chartbusters - Bakermat spend a second month at 12 with “Vandaag”, and Clean Bandit stay at number 11 for a fourth month with “Mozart’s House”.

Ten tracks are moving upwards this month, and the three in the top ten could be challengers for the top spot in the remaining months of this year. Last month’s highest new entry from Avicii featuring Aloe Blacc, “Wake Me Up”, advances a further two places to number three - while Capital Cities are now right behind them, racing up six spots from September’s number ten with “Safe And Sound”. That was the Rapid Riser then - whereas now it’s Britney Spears, who makes a massive twenty-five place leap from her number 32 debut to number seven with “Ooh La La”. That leaves twenty-two tracks sliding down - and the two joint fastest fallers this time are also the joint longest lasters. After recently climbing again, Lana Del Rey and Jessie Ware make their thirteenth appearances in the top forty with “Summertime Sadness” and “Wildest Moments”, diving fourteen places each to 33 and 39 respectively.

Three of the nine new breakers this month are currently hits in the UK - as John Newman, London Grammar and Birdy all impress me for the fist time with “Love Me Again”, “Strong” and “Wings”. Meanwhile, with a chart debut this month, Passenger could soon double up with “The Wrong Direction”. Armin Van Buuren's eighth success is also currently in the top forty, and “Beautiful Life” could soon be his ninth - and Axelle Red is there too with the title song from her current album, from which another single, “Amour Profond”, has now been released. That’s a French title - however, the titles of the other three new breakers that appear initially to have the best prospects of success in the months ahead are in three other languages. German . . . . . Latin . . . . . and - well, whatever the new Chartbuster might best be described as ! I jest, a little - it’s . . . . . English, but with the emphasis on the “ish”. 2RaumWohnung have already spent more than a decade having several hits in their homeland - but their latest, “Bei Dir Bin Ich Schon”, is the first to impress me. That’s sung entirely in German, but Ozark Henry and Amaryllis Uitterlinden are mostly singing English words alongside “Plaudite Amici Comedia Finita Est” - the follow-up to their recent major Belgian hit, and my number one of the last two months, “I’m Your Sacrifice”.

So what is the Chartbuster, guaranteed to enter my top forty next time? It’s from a trio who represented their homeland, Russia, in the 2007 Eurovision Song Contest - and finished third. Their submission then was written for them by other songwriters, and I didn’t really like it at all ! But now, one of the singers, Olga Seryabkina, has attempted - possibly for the first time - to write a song in English. Here is just a short extract from the (I’m sure many will agree, truly quite inspiring) lyrics she has come up with:

I can, mother rocker, give u complete bliss, I got your wow wow - look at my bottom, give it a kiss,
I am so super puper druper, I’m the front girl in round, I’m so cool with my awesome big tits on the ground !
Mi mi mi mi mi mi mi mi mi mi, only mi mi, mi mi mi mi mi mi mi, mi mi mi, sexy me . . .

Yes . . . . . Well, it can’t be denied that it’s really infectious - and, indeed, it’s already infecting some charts in continental Europe. Those include the Netherlands, where it spent seven weeks in the top ten - and more widespread success might yet follow ! My Record of the Month for October 2013 is Serebro, and “Mi Mi Mi”.

CZB
Legend

Postby Benny » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:18 am

Great to see the Pet Shop Boys at the top, especially 22 years after having their first number one on your countdown! It would be interesting to see a list of all of their 19 top 10 hits on your chart, they've had so many great tunes!

Nice to see Gaga and Passenger as new entries. I also like your retro number one from Ace Of Base. :P

I cannot comment any further because I'm too distracted by Serebro's breasts. :lol:
Benny
Legend

Postby Marius » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:28 pm

So none of their awesome 80s hits made #1 in your chart...
NH the song, but i would not mind kissing their bottoms that much, based on that pic (Serebro's not PSB's...).
I want to marry all 3 Serebro chicks
Marius
Legend

Postby Marius » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:29 pm

Benny wrote:I cannot comment any further because I'm too distracted by Serebro's breasts. :lol:
:D
I love those breasts...
Did not know you like women btw...
I want to marry all 3 Serebro chicks
Marius
Legend

Postby Benny » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:56 pm

Marius wrote:
Benny wrote:I cannot comment any further because I'm too distracted by Serebro's breasts. :lol:
:D
I love those breasts...
Did not know you like women btw...
Those breasts are so eye-catching that you have to stare at them, no matter if you like women or not. :lol:
Benny
Legend

Postby Blondini » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:30 pm

I love their breasts too but that track is awful! I like all their other singles. The blonde has just left - the second blonde to do so. They're like the Serebro version of Spinal Tap's drummers! :lol:
Blondini
Big Time Dreamer

Postby CZB » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:47 pm

Well, it would seem clear that Serebro's breasts have proved more impressive than their song - and it's just possible that among them are the "awesome big tits" referenced in it . . . . . In the Netherlands, it fell to number 40 this afternoon, so this might mark the end of their chart career there, less than three months after it began. "Mi Mi Mi" has progressed as follows:

24 09 07 07 08 08 09 10 16 24 33 40

I don't know when I'll get the opportunity to update my files for this month's points - October is usually one of the busiest months for work for me - but here's the full list of the Pet Shop Boys' other nineteen hits to date. Although "Losing My Mind" had been their only number one until now, some of their greatest successes in the UK and across the continent came close - and their overall chart performance meant that the two from 1987 both made it into my top 100 of all-time:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The PET SHOP BOYS hits in CZB's Chart - updated to month 409 ( September 2013 )
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0074 04 10 1987 04 IT'S A SIN
0098 02 08 1987 07 ALWAYS ON MY MIND
0214 01 12 1991 08 LOSING MY MIND
0219 02 09 1993 05 GO WEST
0627 09 09 2006 23 SHE'S MADONNA [ with Robbie Williams ]
0634 02 07 1990 20 JEALOUSY
0766 05 08 1991 25 WHERE THE STREETS HAVE NO NAME / CAN'T TAKE MY EYES OFF YOU
0931 07 06 1993 17 I WOULDN'T NORMALLY DO THIS KIND OF THING
1011 05 05 1996 20 RED LETTER DAY
1379 12 05 1994 37 LIBERATION
1483 13 06 2002 44 HOME AND DRY
1501 12 05 1999 30 YOU ONLY TELL ME YOU LOVE ME WHEN YOU'RE DRUNK
1848 25 04 1988 61 LEFT TO MY OWN DEVICES
2008 23 04 1996 65 SE A VIDA E
2020 31 04 1990 54 SO HARD
2090 30 04 1999 54 NEW YORK CITY BOY
2126 26 03 1993 53 CAN YOU FORGIVE HER
2233 41 05 1985 84 WEST END GIRLS
2432 34 03 1999 66 I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU WANT BUT I CAN'T GIVE IT ANY MORE

Thanks for the comments ! :D
CZB
Legend

Postby Benny » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:21 pm

CZB wrote:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The PET SHOP BOYS hits in CZB's Chart - updated to month 409 ( September 2013 )
0074 04 10 1987 04 IT'S A SIN
0098 02 08 1987 07 ALWAYS ON MY MIND
0219 02 09 1993 05 GO WEST
0766 05 08 1991 25 WHERE THE STREETS HAVE NO NAME / CAN'T TAKE MY EYES OFF YOU
1483 13 06 2002 44 HOME AND DRY
2008 23 04 1996 65 SE A VIDA E
2090 30 04 1999 54 NEW YORK CITY BOY
2126 26 03 1993 53 CAN YOU FORGIVE HER
2233 41 05 1985 84 WEST END GIRLS

"It's A Sin" is their best, I also love "Se A Vida E" and "Can You Forgive Her". :D
Benny
Legend

Postby CrazyCrazy » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:09 pm

Booooobs!!! :lol: :lol: Life changing lyrics!! :cry: :cry:

Nice #1 and Katie Melua's is very good! :D
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby Era » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:49 am

LOL at Ooh La La being the rapid riser :lol:
I had all and then most of you, some and now none of you.
Era
Legend

Postby Tansike » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:16 pm

Great new entry for "Applause" and i love to see "I Need Your Love" in the Top20 :D
Tansike
Legend

Postby Phoenixx » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:55 pm

CZB wrote:03 05 02 WAKE ME UP Avicii featuring Aloe Blacc ##
04 10 03 SAFE AND SOUND Capital Cities
05 ---- 01 COMPLETELY Caro Emerald
06 02 04 LIQUID LUNCH Caro Emerald
07 32 02 OOH LA LA Britney Spears [Rapid Riser]
08 03 04 YOUNG AND BEAUTIFUL Lana Del Rey ##
09 08 07 CLARITY Zedd featuring Foxes
13 ---- 01 APPLAUSE Lady GaGa ##
14 17 03 IT'S A BEAUTIFUL DAY Michael Buble