Johnny Hallyday :: Charts & Sales History

Moderators: trebor, kingofskiffle, nympho, stevyy

 

Postby MichaelJackson » Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:33 pm

Johnny Hallyday is the most important artist in France. Post here all your informations and news about the charts and sales of this french icon.
MichaelJackson
Groupie
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007
Location: France

Postby Squeeze » Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:34 pm

Oh dear.
This is the last word, this is the last time.
User avatar
Squeeze
Manager
 
Posts: 2978
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006

Postby MichaelJackson » Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:35 pm

An icon in the French-speaking world since the beginning of his career, some consider him the French equivalent of Elvis Presley. He has had a 40-year career in music and is one of France's biggest stars. He has completed 400 tours, had 18 platinum albums, performed in front of 15 million people, and sold 100 million records. Today Hallyday is still seen as a top stage performer, giving first class shows in crowded stadiums.

Source : WIKIPEDIA
MichaelJackson
Groupie
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007
Location: France

Postby Spiderpig » Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:03 pm

Listen Michael, we know that you had a lot of problems recently (a trial for child molestation, having to work with Will.I.Am...etc), but it's no reason to inflict threads like that on us. I dunno man, just go get laid and calm the **** down.
User avatar
Spiderpig
Manager
 
Posts: 3818
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007

Postby MichaelJackson » Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:12 pm

Spiderpig wrote:Listen Michael, we know that you had a lot of problems recently (a trial for child molestation, having to work with Will.I.Am...etc), but it's no reason to inflict threads like that on us. I dunno man, just go get laid and calm the **** down.
This forum is reserved for the charts and sales of J. Hallyday. Thanks (I doesnt to believe the forum about the french singers is forgotten here... lol) :wink:
MichaelJackson
Groupie
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007
Location: France

Postby MJDangerous » Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:53 pm

MichaelJackson wrote:An icon in the French-speaking world since the beginning of his career, some consider him the French equivalent of Elvis Presley. He has had a 40-year career in music and is one of France's biggest stars. He has completed 400 tours, had 18 platinum albums, performed in front of 15 million people, and sold 100 million records. Today Hallyday is still seen as a top stage performer, giving first class shows in crowded stadiums.

Source : WIKIPEDIA
Please don't copy and paste such wrong figures from wikipedia. We do not need to be a genius to know that he sold way less than 100m records and that 400 tours in 40 years just can't be right.
25 June 2009, the day the Music died
User avatar
MJDangerous
Legend
 
Posts: 11969
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2004
Location: France

Postby MichaelJackson » Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:08 pm

MJDangerous wrote:
MichaelJackson wrote:An icon in the French-speaking world since the beginning of his career, some consider him the French equivalent of Elvis Presley. He has had a 40-year career in music and is one of France's biggest stars. He has completed 400 tours, had 18 platinum albums, performed in front of 15 million people, and sold 100 million records. Today Hallyday is still seen as a top stage performer, giving first class shows in crowded stadiums.

Source : WIKIPEDIA
Please don't copy and paste such wrong figures from wikipedia. We do not need to be a genius to know that he sold way less than 100m records and that 400 tours in 40 years just can't be right.[/quo

Be carreful with the statistics : the americans and english are not the only artists in the world with very success : Hallyday, with a carrier since 40 years (against for example 17 years for M. Carey) have a longevity very important. And, the number of 100 millions includes of course singles and albums (with tape and vinyl)... The other number of 400 tours includes all the prestations : for example in 2003, for the 60th anniversary, i think 20 or 30 concerts.

... And this forum is here for to give new numbers, exactly numbers you can find... Thanks !
MichaelJackson
Groupie
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007
Location: France

Postby Squeeze » Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:14 pm

Lol.
Let the catfight begin !
This is the last word, this is the last time.
User avatar
Squeeze
Manager
 
Posts: 2978
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006

Postby borderwolf » Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:54 am

The Johnny Hallyday thread is welcome, not the ... catfight.... 8-)
Prisoner Of Rock'n'Roll
User avatar
borderwolf
Legend
 
Posts: 37692
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006
Location: Traversetolo - Italy

Postby MJDangerous » Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:10 pm

MichaelJackson wrote:Be carreful with the statistics : the americans and english are not the only artists in the world with very success : Hallyday, with a carrier since 40 years (against for example 17 years for M. Carey) have a longevity very important. And, the number of 100 millions includes of course singles and albums (with tape and vinyl)... The other number of 400 tours includes all the prestations : for example in 2003, for the 60th anniversary, i think 20 or 30 concerts.

... And this forum is here for to give new numbers, exactly numbers you can find... Thanks !
Be careful with the statistics ? Why don't you apply this to you ?

I know a lot about Hallyday sales, please, I'm from France too :roll:

Still, 100m is pure bullshit. Just like 400 tours.
25 June 2009, the day the Music died
User avatar
MJDangerous
Legend
 
Posts: 11969
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2004
Location: France

Postby EdWood » Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:20 pm

Well start posting some sales figures then. I doubt hes sold anything in the UK though...
EdWood
Personal Assistant
 
Posts: 978
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007

Postby MJDangerous » Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:33 pm

EdWood wrote:Well start posting some sales figures then. I doubt hes sold anything in the UK though...
He has sold only in France, Belgium and Switzerland, he has never been able to sell in other countries unlike Piaf, Brel, Dalida or Mireille Matthieu.
25 June 2009, the day the Music died
User avatar
MJDangerous
Legend
 
Posts: 11969
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2004
Location: France

Postby EdWood » Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:37 pm

What about Canada? Quebec?
EdWood
Personal Assistant
 
Posts: 978
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007

Postby MJDangerous » Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:08 pm

EdWood wrote:What about Canada? Quebec?
He is unknow in Canada, never charted, none certification.
25 June 2009, the day the Music died
User avatar
MJDangerous
Legend
 
Posts: 11969
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2004
Location: France

Postby nelson » Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:13 pm

EdWood wrote:What about Canada? Quebec?
No no no, he's nothing in Canada, even in Quebec, Celine is the true queen, celine has sold over 10 million albums and has 4 diamond albums and one 8x and one 9x, and My Heart Will Go On top all the charts.

See? Celine is something.
nelson
Legend
 
Posts: 18580
Joined: Thu May 06, 2004

Postby brunosilva » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:02 am

Johnny Hallyday sold less than 50 million records.

Who will be #1 next week in France ?

The best selling male artist of all time or the best selling female artist of all time ? :-?

Johnny Hallyday or Celine Dion ?
CELINE DION - THE WORLD'S BIGGEST SELLING ARTIST OF THE LAST 20 YEARS

www.celinedioncharts.com
User avatar
brunosilva
Manager
 
Posts: 4109
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2005
Location: Portugal

Postby Spiderpig » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:19 am

brunosilva wrote:Johnny Hallyday or Celine Dion ?
Image
Image

Personally I choose death.
User avatar
Spiderpig
Manager
 
Posts: 3818
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007

Postby Squeeze » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:32 am

Lmao.
I'm afraid Hallyday will be #1.
This is the last word, this is the last time.
User avatar
Squeeze
Manager
 
Posts: 2978
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006

Postby nelson » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:06 am

Squeeze wrote:Lmao.
I'm afraid Hallyday will be #1.
Eat your own words, hater, Celine will sell more.
Do I look like Celine die hard fan?? lol :lol:
nelson
Legend
 
Posts: 18580
Joined: Thu May 06, 2004

Postby borderwolf » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:41 pm

France, singles chart
#2 Always (21.600 copies sold)
Prisoner Of Rock'n'Roll
User avatar
borderwolf
Legend
 
Posts: 37692
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006
Location: Traversetolo - Italy

Postby brunosilva » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:56 pm

His album will be #1. :(
CELINE DION - THE WORLD'S BIGGEST SELLING ARTIST OF THE LAST 20 YEARS

www.celinedioncharts.com
User avatar
brunosilva
Manager
 
Posts: 4109
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2005
Location: Portugal

Postby borderwolf » Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:30 am

The single MARIE
was certified Platinum in Belgium (in 2002)
Prisoner Of Rock'n'Roll
User avatar
borderwolf
Legend
 
Posts: 37692
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006
Location: Traversetolo - Italy

Postby MJDangerous » Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:43 am

His new album is already 2xPlatinum.
25 June 2009, the day the Music died
User avatar
MJDangerous
Legend
 
Posts: 11969
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2004
Location: France

Postby TheRock1984 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:53 pm

MJDangerous wrote:His new album is already 2xPlatinum.
I wonder how much he will sell with that shipment on the first week... probably 100k+
Whiskey River take my mind,
Don't let her mem'ry torture me.
Whiskey River don't run dry,
You're all I've got, take care of me.
User avatar
TheRock1984
Roadie
 
Posts: 400
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2005
Location: Paris

Postby borderwolf » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:44 am

Other certifications (albums) in Belgium:

2003 A LA VIE A LAMORT (1X platinum)
2006 MA VERITE' (1X platinum)
2006 FLASHBACK TOUR / PALAIS DES SPORTS (gold)
Prisoner Of Rock'n'Roll
User avatar
borderwolf
Legend
 
Posts: 37692
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006
Location: Traversetolo - Italy

Return to Artist Chart Analysis