Amy Winehouse

Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, Benjamin, bm08

Postby amsterdamned » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:52 pm

Troubled singer Amy Winehouse is heading back to Jamaica for inspiration on her third album, it has been revealed.
The ‘Rehab’ singer, 24, is to stay in the grounds of reggae legend Bob Marley’s house - and work in the studio of his old house for the follow-up to her hugely successful Back To Black CD

According to reports, the singer told pals earlier this week that she is planning to work with Bob Marley’s son, Damian - who like his late father, is also a musician.

Amy said: “I love Jamaica and wanna feel Bob Marley’s spirit when it comes to my music.

“I wanna stay where he lived and hook up with Damian because he’s a genius. I’m desperate to get over there.” The singer has only just returned from a New Year’s break in the Caribbean, and is planning ahead for her trip to the island at Easter.

An onlooker in the pub told Britain’s Daily Mirror newspaper: “Amy’s face just lit up when she talked about going over there.

“She’s well into reggae music and wants to escape all her troubles back home for a bit and just throw herself into her music. She’s always loved the Marleys and she wants her next album to have a real reggae feel about it.”

Another pub goer added: “They were deep in in conversation, gossiping about the boys everyone used to fancy.

“They kept hugging each other and shouting at the tops of their voices: “Big up Brits School.”

Looking forward to some reggae beats from ‘da Winehouse. Hear me now, hear me now.

Source: ShowbizSpy
she could DEF pull this off :P
and my heart just melts
Ice Cream Truck
amsterdamned
Superstar

Postby dereon » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:08 pm

Oh Plzzzzzzzzz I HATTTTTEEE Her, Don't Understand That People Call Her " Tallented " With Her MAN Voice!
dereon
Legend

Postby amsterdamned » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:11 pm

dereon wrote:Oh Plzzzzzzzzz I HATTTTTEEE Her, Don't Understand That People Call Her " Tallented " With Her MAN Voice!
read her lyrics... so beautiful
. and I personally love her voice
and my heart just melts
Ice Cream Truck
amsterdamned
Superstar

Postby dereon » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:12 pm

amsterdamned wrote:
dereon wrote:Oh Plzzzzzzzzz I HATTTTTEEE Her, Don't Understand That People Call Her " Tallented " With Her MAN Voice!
i'm Srry I have To Love Her Voice 1st Before I'm Going To Listen To Her Lyrics But I Will Never Love Her Voice Or Songs She's Toooo Unique For Me!
dereon
Legend

Postby GNVilla » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:47 pm

Jamaica aint exactly the best place to be going after Rehab lol.

Amy's talented, she's just an idiot.
GNVilla
Manager

Postby aaliyah_fan » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:44 pm

She needs to clean up her act AND ditch that husband. She's wasting everything on them, otherwise.
"It's so COOOOOOOOOOOLD in the D."
aaliyah_fan
Manager

Postby naughty » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:03 pm

dereon wrote:
amsterdamned wrote:
i'm Srry I have To Love Her Voice 1st Before I'm Going To Listen To Her Lyrics But I Will Never Love Her Voice Or Songs She's Toooo Unique For Me!
I really agree with you , I hate her , she's annoying , she's unstable , and I won't start a fight here , didn't mean hurt , just an opinion , with all the respect for the fans
naughty
Superstar

Postby naughtynae » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:14 pm

her personal life doesnt interest me in the slightest no one can tell me she isnt talented, that voice, she plays and is an amazing writter her first two albums are better than most female artists will and have ever made. This new album will be amazing too thats a given
naughtynae
Legend

Postby t_dot » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:45 pm

^i agree, Her personal life is a disaster, but she is a talented artist.
You owe it to yourself. Set the world on fire.
t_dot
Superstar

Postby GNVilla » Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:36 pm

Amy has such a great voice. I think it would be unfair to state otherwise.

However her attitude STINKS. I refuse to purchase her music knowing that its feeding her problems.
GNVilla
Manager

Postby child_destinys » Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:44 pm

GNVilla wrote:I refuse to purchase her music knowing that its feeding her problems.
Assuming you're talking about her drug problems, I think it's safe to say there's very few albums you can buy that won't be funding drug use.
You said turn around so I cannot see your tears falling...
child_destinys
Legend

Postby Colin » Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:53 pm

GNVilla wrote:Jamaica aint exactly the best place to be going after Rehab lol.

Amy's talented, she's just an idiot.
That was a funny post. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hope she doesn't team up with Damian, he's cringeworthy!
LONG LIVE GIRLS ALOUD
Colin
In The Zone

Postby Mother_Fudger » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:34 am

naughty wrote:
dereon wrote:
amsterdamned wrote:
I really agree with you , I hate her , she's annoying , she's unstable , and I won't start a fight here , didn't mean hurt , just an opinion , with all the respect for the fans
I don't think Amy will really care if someone from Libya doesn't like her music, you know not really an important or valued market.
Leona Lewis - Spirit - 12.11.2007

"...and i'll be wearing these scars for everyone to see"
Mother_Fudger
Personal Assistant

Postby naughty » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:36 am

Mother_Fudger wrote:
naughty wrote:
dereon wrote:
amsterdamned wrote:
I don't think Amy will really care if someone from Libya doesn't like her music, you know not really an important or valued market.
Hey you , I said it's just an opinion , you don't have to bring countries to this , ok you don't want this topic to be closed right???
naughty
Superstar

Postby dereon » Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:03 pm

Mother_Fudger wrote:
naughty wrote:
dereon wrote:
amsterdamned wrote:
DAMN What The Hell Is That For Comment??

I HATE HATE HER!!! Owww Yeah It's My Opinion Deal

With It!
dereon
Legend

Postby naughtynae » Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:11 pm

not too sure where this topic is going :-? however I dont see how anyone can hate her without knowing her you may disagree with her lifestyle as I defiantely do, but surely its about the music if you 'hate' that then thats cool lol BTW I hope she does get it together i met her twice during the frank era and she was so lovely she invited me and my sis out with her and the band then recognised me at another gig and stopped to say hello. And when i got my last tatoo the tatooist had just done hers that week and said she took the whole studio out for a meal! Its such a shame :(
naughtynae
Legend

Postby dereon » Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:18 pm

naughtynae wrote:not too sure where this topic is going :-? however I dont see how anyone can hate her without knowing her you may disagree with her lifestyle as I defiantely do, but surely its about the music if you 'hate' that then thats cool lol BTW I hope she does get it together i met her twice during the frank era and she was so lovely she invited me and my sis out with her and the band then recognised me at another gig and stopped to say hello. And when i got my last tatoo the tatooist had just done hers that week and said she took the whole studio out for a meal! Its such a shame :(
If You Have Enough Money Why Not? But I Just Can't Stand Her That's My Point And It's My Opinion.. :wink:
dereon
Legend

Postby naughtynae » Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:21 pm

lol well david beckham used to come in my restaurant and he didnt take me out for meal no matter how much I prayed lol Yeah your allowed your opinion but Im not a fan of Whitney or Madonna's personalities but Im still a fan of their music thats all I was saying
naughtynae
Legend

Postby dereon » Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:59 pm

naughtynae wrote:lol well david beckham used to come in my restaurant and he didnt take me out for meal no matter how much I prayed lol Yeah your allowed your opinion but Im not a fan of Whitney or Madonna's personalities but Im still a fan of their music thats all I was saying
Well I'm Not A Fan Of Her Personality, Her Hair, Her Voice, Her Music Or something! :wink:
dereon
Legend

Postby naughtynae » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:02 pm

oh lol :lol:
naughtynae
Legend

Postby dereon » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:09 pm

naughtynae wrote:oh lol :lol:
:P
dereon
Legend

Postby naughty » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:18 pm

dereon wrote:
naughtynae wrote:lol well david beckham used to come in my restaurant and he didnt take me out for meal no matter how much I prayed lol Yeah your allowed your opinion but Im not a fan of Whitney or Madonna's personalities but Im still a fan of their music thats all I was saying
Well I'm Not A Fan Of Her Personality, Her Hair, Her Voice, Her Music Or something! :wink:
LoooooooooooooooL
naughty
Superstar

Postby Christophe » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:52 pm

I love her ! I love her voice ! I'm looking fordward her new album
Christophe
Groupie

Postby NoAngels » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:02 pm

Christophe wrote:I love her ! I love her voice ! I'm looking fordward her new album
:o :o :roll:
Don't Worry, Cause You're Really Not That Hard to Replace.
NoAngels
Superstar

Postby Plym » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:53 pm

This is gonna be closed if this spamfest continues.
Plym
Take Care

Return to General Artists Discussion