Taylor Swift - Fearless

Moderators: Spartan, king_oxymoron

Postby CountryMan » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:33 am

Taylor moves up to # 35 on twitter ranking with 1,656,040 Followers
http://twitter.com/taylorswift13

http://twittercounter.com/pages/100/20

CountryMan wrote:Taylor Swift twitter followers up 50k this week to 1.5 million moving Taylor to # 48 on the twitter ranking list http://aristoworks.com/twitter/chart.php?trend=41

http://twittercounter.com/pages/100/20

Another sign that Fearless Platinum is primed for a big opening in two weeks ':D'

http://www.musicrow.com/charts/top-rank ... -artists/#

Pos. Artist Followers

1. Taylor Swift
@taylorswift13
+51,416 / 4%

Red took 5 weeks to hit 2m in US sales. Speak Now took 6. Fearless took 7. Taylor Swift took 61. 1989 hit 2m in 3 weeks...
CountryMan
Manager

Postby CountryMan » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:56 pm

Taylor Swift Rocks Out for Band Hero

By Jennifer Garcia

http://www.people.com/people/article/0, ... 49,00.html

Taylor Swift Photo by: Kevin Winter / WireImagePHOTO:

What do Taylor Swift, Pete Wentz, Travis Barker and Rivers Cuomo of Weezer have in common? They can all break out some vintage Tom Cruise Risky Business dance moves when the pressure is on.

The foursome gathered this week on a sound stage in L.A. to shoot a commercial for the new Band Hero video game directed by Brett Ratner. Staying true to the style of original Guitar Hero commercials, the group all donned socks, boxers and button down shirts just like the classic scene from Cruise's 1983 hit.

Swift also appears in the ad wearing a slinky silver dress while singing the song "Love Story." The country star later gets into her Cruise outfit to do her version of his "rock-n-roll" slide. In fact, Swift walked away with a few bruises after the shoot, according to a set source.

On another day when she wasn't required on set, Swift stopped by to watch the guys film, and the boys ended up a bit of competition over .... underwear. They playfully raided the style department to try on ridiculous choices of boxer shorts to liven up the early morning shoot.

Barker's kids were also on set playing, but were star struck when Swift walked through the door, says the source. The country star took time out to play Band Hero with Barker's tots – and even gave them lessons on how to play guitar Band Hero style.

The new Band Hero game will be released Nov. 3.
Red took 5 weeks to hit 2m in US sales. Speak Now took 6. Fearless took 7. Taylor Swift took 61. 1989 hit 2m in 3 weeks...
CountryMan
Manager

Postby CountryMan » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:28 pm

Fearless tops 4 million sales

Week Ending Oct. 25, 2009
by Paul Grein in Chart Watch

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/chart_ ... -out-of-1/

As forecast here last week, Taylor Swift's Fearless tops the 4 million mark in sales this week. It's Swift's second studio album in a row to reach this threshold. She's the first act to top the 4 million mark with back-to-back studio albums since Rascal Flatts did it with 2004's Feels Like Today and 2006's Me And My Gang. Is it just a coincidence that both of the last two acts to do this come from the world of country? Hardly. Country sells albums by the truckload. In addition, Fearless logs its 41st week in the top 10. It's the first album to stay there that long since Usher's Confessions in 2004-05.

Here's the low-down on this week's top 10 albums.

7. Taylor Swift, Fearless, 34,000. The former #1 album holds at #7 in its 50th week. This is its 41st week in the top 10. Three songs from the album are listed on Hot Digital Songs, topped by "You Belong With Me," which dips from #20 to #22.
CountryMan
Manager

Postby Benjamin » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:35 pm

Can't believe all this success!
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby CountryMan » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:02 am

Pick the winners at the Nov. 11 CMAs

http://www.norwichbulletin.com/entertai ... ov-11-CMAs

By JIMMY LANE
For The Norwich Bulletin
Posted Oct 28, 2009 @ 11:30 PM

The 43rd annual Country Music Awards are coming up in about two weeks. The CMA award is the biggest award a country music artist can win. Each year, I like to make my predictions of who will take home the coveted crystal trophies.

Kenny Chesney is nominated for Entertainer of the Year. He is tied with Garth Brooks for the most wins in that category. He is still one of the most popular acts in country music but I believe this is the year Taylor Swift will win the most prestigious award of the night. She has crossover appeal and no one has sold more CDs this year. Her first headlining tour featured astounding pageantry. Brad Paisley is also a possible contender for this award. Keith Urban and George Strait are nominated as well.

The award for male and female vocalists is given to the best singer. For that reason I predict Carrie Underwood will win this award again. Swift is more of a showman than a pure vocalist, but don’t count her out, her popularity could lead to enough votes to win. I will pick the reigning CMA Male Vocalist of the Year award winner, Brad Paisley, to repeat in that category.

Best new artist of the year should be a no-brainer. This award has to go to the Zac Brown Band. Their CD is perennially in the Top 3 on the album charts and should end the year second in sales to Swift. By this time next year, the Zac Brown Band will be headlining and selling out major arenas. Darius Rucker, formerly of Hootie and the Blowfish, has also had a great first year and deserves the nomination in this category.

Rascal Flatts almost always wins the Vocal Group of the Year award with little competition. They should win it again this year and face a stiff challenge from the Zac Brown Band next year.

Sugarland should continue to win the Vocal Duo of the Year Award. With the announced retirement of Brooks and Dunn, it looks as though Sugarland will be the duo to beat for the next couple of years.

Swift should get Album of the Year. No one has come close to unseating that CD from the top of the charts. The video for “Love Story” should net Swift an award for the best video.

The award show will air live at 8 p.m. Nov. 11 on ABC.

Jimmy Lane is the 5 a.m. to 9 a.m. disc jockey and program director at WCTY (97.7 FM) in Norwich. E-mail him at jimmy@wcty.com
CountryMan
Manager

Postby CountryMan » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:21 am

Interesting - Taylor presented Ellen with a 5 x Platinum Fearless Album Plaque on the Ellen show today.

Dane wrote:8 of the top 10 2008 albums are in this week's BB200. While some of them are struggling to stay in the chart Fearless is still in the top 10! It is now leading the board with over 3/4 of a million! :o

It shall be interesting to see how soundscan/BB is gonna track the platinum edition.

1 7 SWIFT*TAYLOR FEARLESS 33,635 2 32,867 4,031,467
2 124 LIL' WAYNE THA CARTER III 4,132 -6 4,415 3,278,947
3 165 COLDPLAY VIVA LA VIDA 2,810 -6 2,979 2,589,476
4 68 BEYONCE I AM...SASHA FIERCE 7,955 -10 8,821 2,462,004
5 41 NICKELBACK DARK HORSE 11,441 9 10,451 2,360,614

6 57 TWILIGHT SOUNDTRACK 9,270 8 8,569 2,275,486
7 --- AC/DC BLACK ICE 2,089,130 (04/07/2009)
8 188 T.I. PAPER TRAIL 2,583 -11 2,917 2,026,034
9 88 SUGARLAND LOVE ON THE INSIDE 6,060 -7 6,497 1,858,145
10 --- METALLICA DEATH MAGNETIC 1,813,255 (05/09/2009)
Last edited by CountryMan on Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
CountryMan
Manager

Postby CountryMan » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:58 am

Taylor Swift is a unique artist - with a genuine message, not a sales pitch.

NASHVILLE SKYLINE: Why There Will Not Be a Taylor Swift II

October 29, 2009; Written by Chet Flippo

http://www.cmt.com/news/nashville-skyli ... t-ii.jhtml

• Circa 2007-08: Taylor Swift begins to dominate.

So what does this portend as to what's next? Good question, and one that's impossible to answer. There will likely not be Taylor Swift Twos and Threes and Fours because the original Taylor pretty much Hoovered up the market for teen girl angst songs by a peer group singer-songwriter. It was a brilliant move, one of the smartest ever by a shrewd music artist, and it will not likely be repeated. Certainly not by Taylor, who -- by the time you read this -- may well have signed her first major movie deal. Or her first something-else major deal. It's hard to imagine her moving on to writing and singing heartfelt songs about being twentysomething, which she will soon be.

But -- and I think this is very important -- Taylor is leaving a message to a huge audience of young female fans, ranging in age from 7 or so and up throughout their teens and into their early 20s, that they are individuals, that they are important, that they have their own identity, that they can be their own persons and that they don't have to take crap. I don't see anyone else stepping up with a similar message for this audience.

There are now a lot of young chick singers -- for want of a better term -- who are vamping for the next star slot on the center stage in country music, but most of them are doing it wearing short jean skirts and tight tops and even tighter jeans and sending a transparent message that sex is what sells. So what? Everybody knows that.

Taylor has had a genuine message, not a sales pitch. She had songs. Look at those who came before her who hit it big in country. They had songs to offer, not sales pitches or tight whatevers. People seek songs.

There was no Hank Williams successor, there was no Patsy Cline successor, no Elvis Presley successor, no Johnny Cash successor, no Garth Brooks successor, no Shania Twain successor. No successor to any of country music's blockbusters.

And there will be no Taylor Swift successor, no one just like her. Such phenomena cannot be credibly replicated in popular music. They are, by their very nature, unique and fresh and thus appealing and desirable..."
CountryMan
Manager

Postby CountryMan » Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:45 pm

TOP EVENTS
Week Ending 10/25/2009
Mon, Oct 26th 2009 8:35 am EST
Event Score

1 Taylor Swift Tickets 9.63
2 Wicked Tickets 4.88
3 World Series: New York Yankees Tickets 3.93
4 World Series: Philadelphia Phillies Tickets 3.59
5 U2 Tickets 2.62
6 Jersey Boys Tickets 2.41
7 Radio City Christmas Spectacular Tickets 2.19
8 Dallas Cowboys Tickets 1.77
9 Trans-Siberian Orchestra Tickets 1.50
10 Pittsburgh Steelers Tickets 1.34
11 New York Giants Tickets 1.23
12 Elton John & Billy Joel Tickets 1.20
13 ALCS: New York Yankees Tickets 1.18
14 Billy Elliot Tickets 1.15
15 Lady Gaga Tickets 1.10
16 Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band Tickets 1.03
17 Lion King Tickets 1.00
18 Miley Cyrus Tickets 0.95
19 New York Knicks Tickets 0.94
20 Kiss Tickets 0.92

Taylor Swift tickets on sale throughout the weekend
Fri, Oct 30th 2009 10:48 am EST
By Jean Henegan

http://www.ticketnews.com/Lady-GaGa-Tay ... nd10930133

Following last weekend's run of sold out shows, teen superstar Taylor Swift again has tour dates for her ongoing national tour among the weekend onsales.

Considering her concerts last weekend sold out in less than 15 minutes, there is a strong chance that this batch of concerts will go just as quickly. Among the cities on sale are shows in Los Angeles, Orlando, Denver, and Cincinnati.
CountryMan
Manager

Postby CountryMan » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:56 pm

Taylor Swift is the first female country artist this century to act as both the host and musical guest on Saturday Night Live...and a bunch of other new chart records in the music industry...

- the gossip media has discovered that Taylor can do something besides look good '8-)'

OK! Magazine
Taylor Swift Breaks Billboard Record
November 2nd, 2009 12:19 pm / Author: Mary Beth Quirk

http://www.okmagazine.com/2009/11/taylo ... rd-record/

Taylor Swift might only be a teenager — she doesn’t turn 20 until Dec. 13 — but already she’s breaking music records: The crossover country star has nabbed the honor of having Billboard’s longest charting album of this century with her debut, Taylor Swift.
Her self-titled first CD was released in October of 2006, when Taylor was just old enough for a driver’s license. It’s now on its 157th week on Billboard’s Top 200 albums chart, passing up the record previously held by Nickelback.

But that’s not all — the songstress also holds the Billboard record for most Top 10 debuts in a calendar year, and is the only solo female act in the 44-year history of the Billboard Country Chart to score five Top 10 singles from a debut album.

Taylor will accomplish another big feat this Saturday when she acts as both the host and musical guest on Saturday Night Live. The last time a female country artist was both the host and performer was Dolly Parton, twenty years ago.

...and for those who like misquotes...

Taylor Swift Breaks Record, After Record, After Record ...

http://www.theboot.com/2009/11/02/taylo ... rd-record/

Posted Nov 2nd 2009 2:00PM by Beville Darden

She's the biggest-selling artist of any genre in 2009, and now Taylor Swift has an even bigger record to report. One hundred times bigger, in fact...

...of this entire century.

On the heels of this incredible news..."
CountryMan
Manager

Postby sparkle80 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:55 am

I finally got to listen and I'm digging the new tracks. So happy for Taylor Swift, that's she having so much success. Nice to see it happen to a very humbled care who doesn't use publicity ploys or oversexaulizes her self for success.

I look forward to seeing what stabs they take on Kanye on SNL this week.
sparkle80
Manager

Postby CountryMan » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:58 am

There's nothing quite like singing along in the car to @ladygaga "paparazzi" while actually being chased by paparazzi.10:45 PM Oct 26th from Echofon
taylorswift13

http://twitter.com/taylorswift13/status/5195077302

Lady Gaga becomes the first artist in the 17-year history of Billboard's Pop Songs chart to notch four No. 1s from a debut album, as "Paparazzi" rises 3-1.

http://www.billboard.com/news/lady-gaga ... 2526.story
CountryMan
Manager

Postby CountryMan » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:08 am

sparkle80 wrote:I finally got to listen and I'm digging the new tracks. So happy for Taylor Swift, that's she having so much success. Nice to see it happen to a very humbled care who doesn't use publicity ploys or oversexaulizes her self for success.

The new tracks are addictive - I'm playing the Platinum album like a six song EP :D

Taylor doesn't hold a grudge against Kanye, so if there is a Kanye skit it will be SNL staff that pushed it.

Now, a great skit might be if...Taylor turned into a werewolf when Ellen suddenly scared her last week...the look on Ellen's face would be priceless :D

CountryMan
Manager

Postby sparkle80 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:51 am

CountryMan wrote:
sparkle80 wrote:I finally got to listen and I'm digging the new tracks. So happy for Taylor Swift, that's she having so much success. Nice to see it happen to a very humbled care who doesn't use publicity ploys or oversexaulizes her self for success.

The new tracks are addictive - I'm playing the Platinum album like a six song EP :D

Taylor doesn't hold a grudge against Kanye, so if there is a Kanye skit it will be SNL staff that pushed it.

Now, a great skit might be if...Taylor turned into a werewolf when Ellen suddenly scared her last week...the look on Ellen's face would be priceless :D

Well I know she's totally over it and probably never really cared because I'm sure she's aware of how attention starved Kanye can be. But SNL don't care...when I say they....I meant SNL...they like to make fun of stuff like that....like they did with Janet and her superbowl incident. She may be reluctant to do it though but you know they are going to atleast ask her.
sparkle80
Manager

Postby CountryMan » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:53 pm

sparkle80 wrote:
CountryMan wrote:
sparkle80 wrote:

Well I know she's totally over it and probably never really cared because I'm sure she's aware of how attention starved Kanye can be. But SNL don't care...when I say they....I meant SNL...they like to make fun of stuff like that....like they did with Janet and her superbowl incident. She may be reluctant to do it though but you know they are going to atleast ask her.
I suppose they could do something simple like having Taylor interupt Kanye's interuption - like "I'm happy for you Kanye, I'm gonna let you finish, but it's Saturday Night Live!"

CountryMan
Manager

Postby CountryMan » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:41 pm

Band Hero™ TV Spot

- the best commercial of all time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDzxxj32 ... r_embedded

Taylor Swift
CountryMan
Manager

Postby CountryMan » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:23 pm

CMT Poll Projects Taylor Swift as Big Winner at CMA Awards

http://www.cmt.com/news/news-in-brief/1 ... ards.jhtml

http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRel ... RN20091103

NASHVILLE, Tenn., Nov. 3 /PRNewswire/ -- If fans have their way, Taylor Swift
could walk away with as many as three wins in the categories of Entertainer,
Female Vocalist, and Album of the Year at the "The 43rd Annual CMA Awards",
according to CMT's fourth annual poll. Swift would become the youngest artist
ever to win Entertainer and join an elite group of only six other women -- the
Dixie Chicks, Loretta Lynn, Barbara Mandrell, Dolly Parton, Reba and Shania
Twain -- who have received the CMA's highest honor...

"Taylor won our poll across every age demo and genre, and the results are a
direct reflection of the unprecedented year she's had with CMT viewers," said
Jay Frank, SVP of music strategy, CMT. "Her hard work and amazing music
definitely have fans rooting for her to sweep the CMA Awards next Wednesday."

Complete CMT poll results are as follows:
1. Entertainer of the Year - Taylor Swift
2. Album of the Year - Taylor Swift's Fearless
3. Song of the Year - Carrie Underwood's "I Told You So" written by Randy
Travis
4. Female Vocalist of the Year - Taylor Swift
5. Male Vocalist of the Year - George Strait
6. Vocal Group of the Year - Rascal Flatts
7. Vocal Duo of the Year - Brooks & Dunn

CMT, a unit of Viacom's MTV Networks (NYSE: VIA and VIA.B), is the leading
television and digital authority on country music and entertainment, reaching
more than 89 million homes in the U.S. CMT and its website, CMT.com, offer an
unparalleled mix of music, news, live concerts and series and is the top
resource for country music on demand. The network's digital platforms include
the 24-hour music channel, CMT Pure Country, CMT Mobile and CMT VOD.

SOURCE CMT

Amanda Murphy of CMT, +1-615-335-8408, amanda.murphy@cmt.com
CountryMan
Manager

Postby CountryMan » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:52 pm

Taylor Swift dominates the Top Event Rankings for second straight week

http://www.ticketnews.com/Taylor-Swift- ... ek11903288

Tue, Nov 3rd 2009 4:36 pm EST
By Petrina Crockford

It took a country superstar to knock Wicked out of its top spot in TicketNews' Top Events Rankings with Taylor Swift now number one overall with an 11.51 power score.

Taylor Swift of course dominates the Top Concert Events rankings as well with a 30.68 power score; Radio City trails behind with a 7.25 power score.

Top Combined Events
Week Ending 11/1/2009
Event Score

1 Taylor Swift Tickets 11.51
2 World Series: New York Yankees Tickets 7.96
3 Wicked Tickets 5.52
4 World Series: Philadelphia Phillies Tickets 5.08
5 Radio City Christmas Spectacular Tickets 2.72
6 Bon Jovi Tickets 2.46
7 Jersey Boys Tickets 2.34
8 Trans-Siberian Orchestra Tickets 1.57
9 Lady Gaga Tickets 1.39
10 Green Bay Packers Tickets 1.37

Top Concert Events
Week Ending 11/1/2009
Event Score

1 Taylor Swift Tickets 30.68
2 Radio City Christmas Spectacular Tickets 7.25
3 Bon Jovi Tickets 6.56
4 Trans-Siberian Orchestra Tickets 4.07
5 Lady Gaga Tickets 3.71
6 Miley Cyrus Tickets 2.92
7 U2 Tickets 2.86
8 Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band Tickets 2.85
9 Elton John & Billy Joel Tickets 2.02
10 Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame Benefit Concert Tickets 1.8
CountryMan
Manager

Postby urbanmusik » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:58 am

lol this thread has turned into your personal Taylor blog! :o :lol:
urbanmusik
The College Dropout

Postby JimJim » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:03 am

Yes indeed, CountryMan, please avoid using this thread (and the Platinum thread) as a Taylor Swift news-reel, just post the most interesting and relevant articles, as there is a fine line between passionate posting and being a stan.

Cheers,

~JimJim
[Pure Pop Moderator]
JimJim
Elusive Chanteuse

Postby avrilswift1 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:35 pm

JimJim wrote:Yes indeed, CountryMan, please avoid using this thread (and the Platinum thread) as a Taylor Swift news-reel, just post the most interesting and relevant articles, as there is a fine line between passionate posting and being a stan.

Cheers,

~JimJim
[Pure Pop Moderator]
I want countryman to keep on posting like this because in this forum there isn't too many taylor's fans like beyonce or britney, so for her fans countryman is doing a great job, I always read all his post and i find them so interesting, and he's posting alot because there's too many good news of taylor, if one beyonce's or britney's album doing like she is doing in the USA there will be alot of posts, wow taylor swift's first album chart runner of the millenium!! hahaha it's just incredible
Avril Lavigne & Taylor Swift
avrilswift1
Groupie

Postby JimJim » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:57 pm

I'm not asking for it to be alleviated completely, just to be more selective in what is posted, also that it's not necessary to post a large picture (or a picture at all) with every one of these new stories.

;)
JimJim
Elusive Chanteuse

Postby avrilswift1 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:00 pm

JimJim wrote:I'm not asking for it to be alleviated completely, just to be more selective in what is posted, also that it's not necessary to post a large picture (or a picture at all) with every one of these new stories.

;)
haha, I like the photos it makes the thread more interesting, she's a beauty, and i keep saying i saw many photos of beyonce and britney in their posts xD so I think it's good and makes people stop and read the post
Avril Lavigne & Taylor Swift
avrilswift1
Groupie

Postby sbk » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:13 pm

I like Countrymans posts, he puts effort in his posts : ) And I wouldn't have found those articles myself :lol:
sbk
Superstar

Postby CountryMan » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:29 pm

My local CD store survey found plenty of Fearless-2008 still on the shelves & one random Walmart sold out of Fearless Platinum.

There were a half-dozen Taylor Swift-2006 in every store - usually in the best seller section :D
CountryMan
Manager

Postby jpguy » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:48 pm

I can't believe how big she is in the USA now...
::: Shinin', shinin', just like a DIAMOND, blindin' blindin' :::
jpguy
Legend

Return to Pure Pop