Unpopular Opinions

Moderators: Spartan, king_oxymoron

Postby ManicFan2k » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:57 pm

Unpopular Opinions

This is a thread where you may discuss any personal opinions that are unusual, uncommon and of course, unpopular. However, it is not a thread to start competing or for rival fanbases to try and outdo eachother. By posting in here, you are acknowledging that opinions are not always going to be widely held, and you accept that others may well not agree with you. Everyone needs to be respectful of the right to a difference in opinion, and to discuss these amicably and in a positive way. What this isn't, is a place to attack others or make snide remarks carefully or thinly disguised as banter. Failure to comply with this will result in the thread being locked and / or users being asked not to post here.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Airwrecka - forum moderator

------------------------------------------------

Original Post:

ManicFan2k wrote:Here we go, everyone has their own opinons and everyone is entitled to them and though some we just have to keep to ourselfs but some can still be said though they will be unpopular. Come on everyone give us one on your opinons that you know are not popular

(Just nothing rasist or sexist people)

[*] The most common excuses from people who don't recyle is stuff like "oh I don't have time to sort though all my rubbish" or "I don't have room for loads of different bins" what those people really mean is "I'm too arrogrant and lazy to sort though all my rubbish. Why should I when I can just throw it all in 1 and have people take it away"

[*] 11 years of New Labour has totally destroyed and ruined Great Britain to beyond repair, the Conservatives will be a mild treatment in the short term but the long term damage is now un-repairable

[*] The beatles wern't that great

[*] Adults who are into stuff that a lot of other adults deem 'Just for children' are in some ways actually quite intelligent people as they are intelligent enough to know that it's ok to be able to switch off and just let their mind relax and not have to think. E.g., when you meet an adult Harry Potter obsessive they will be a more mindful person than say a 'Big Brother' -holic is

[*] You can gain a of lot knowledge on history, literature, culture, the arts, popular culture just though watching The Simpsons
Last edited by ManicFan2k on Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.
He's finally made a come back. I'm now offically a semi-professional comedian. http://forums.chortle.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=35879.
ManicFan2k
Superstar

Postby Wayne » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:01 pm

Madonna is a 50 year old hag who secretly envies Mariah Carey :lol:

Madonna is incredibly hot for her age
I am a recovering
Anxiety addict
A broken perfectionist
Somewhat erratic

Recovering - Céline Dion.
Wayne
Legend

Postby diamondtooth » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:12 pm

unpopular opinions:

Nobody ever landed on the moon (impossible)

The US government caused 9/11 (watch 'loose change' on YouTube)
diamondtooth
Manager

Postby j2o » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:19 pm

People who simply cannot sing (I'm sorry, but their voices are just horrible!):

Leona Lewis
Alicia Keys
j2o
Roadie

Postby sambo9 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:28 pm

That Beyonce is highly overrated.

(Bee fans, please don't kill me) :(
sambo9
Legend

Postby tcatron565 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:37 pm

ManicFan2k wrote:Here we go, everyone has their own opinons and everyone is entitled to them and though some we just have to keep to ourselfs but some can still be said though they will be unpopular. Come on everyone give us one on your opinons that you know are not popular

(Just nothing rasist or sexist people)

[*] The most common excuses from people who don't recyle is stuff like "oh I don't have time to sort though all my rubbish" or "I don't have room for loads of different bins" what those people really mean is "I'm too arrogrant and lazy to sort though all my rubbish. Why should I when I can just throw it all in 1 and have people take it away"

[*] The Beatles wern't that great

[*] Adults who are into stuff that a lot of other adults deem 'Just for children' are in some ways actually quite intelligent people as they are intelligent enough to know that it's ok to be able to switch off and just let their mind relax and not have to think. E.g., when you meet an adult Harry Potter obsessive they will be a more mindful person than say a 'Big Brother' -holic is

[*] You can gain a of lot knowledge on history, literature, culture, the arts, popular culture just though watching The Simpsons
I agree with all of those. :o However, on the third, my mom loves both Big brother and a iCarly. :lol:
1. Crazy Kids
2. We Can't Stop
3. Safe and Sound
4. Still Into You
5. Treasure
tcatron565
Manager

Postby NoAngels » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:57 pm

Sorry fans:

Rihanna doesn't want to stay away from the music scene afraid of losing her so-called popularity.
Don't Worry, Cause You're Really Not That Hard to Replace.
NoAngels
Superstar

Postby Wayne » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:00 pm

That people are entitled to their opinion. When some fans take advantage of this and start posting crap. I.e. Meeee :lol: (well 2 years ago :D )
I am a recovering
Anxiety addict
A broken perfectionist
Somewhat erratic

Wayne
Legend

Postby Thriller » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:45 pm

ManicFan2k wrote:[*] 11 years of New Labour has totally destroyed and ruined Great Britain to beyond repair, the Conservatives will be a mild treatment in the short term but the long term damage is now un-repairable
I'm sure the same was said about the Conservatives in 1990! I think New Labour did alright for the first five years then it all started to go downhill and Brown is the tip of the iceberg.

ManicFan2k wrote:[*] The beatles wern't that great
Agreed - I probably like no more than half a dozen of their songs.
Thriller

Postby Colin » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:57 pm

Unpopular opinion: I wish Nickelback - Rockstar would f*** off!
LONG LIVE GIRLS ALOUD
Colin
In The Zone

Postby Marius » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:00 pm

col89 wrote:Unpopular opinion: I wish Nickelback - Rockstar would f*** off!
why's that unpopular????
i fully agree and can easily name 10 more poeple on this site alone who think the same
Marius
Legend

Postby Colin » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:01 pm

potojr wrote:
col89 wrote:Unpopular opinion: I wish Nickelback - Rockstar would f*** off!
why's that unpopular????
i fully agree and can easily name 10 more poeple on this site alone who think the same
Seeing that it's climbed back up to #18 on iTunes, it's obviously not as unpopular as I wish!
LONG LIVE GIRLS ALOUD
Colin
In The Zone

Postby Colin » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:05 pm

I just noticed a couple of posts were deleted. :lol:
LONG LIVE GIRLS ALOUD
Colin
In The Zone

Postby Wayne » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:07 pm

col89 wrote:I just noticed a couple of posts were deleted. :lol:
Yeah I thought that too :-?
I am a recovering
Anxiety addict
A broken perfectionist
Somewhat erratic

Wayne
Legend

Postby Skelofect » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:15 pm

I don't like The Beatles at all. Music wise their songs just aren't to my taste.

I've learnt pretty much hundreds of things about the world through The Simpsons more than school or any other shows.

I don't think these opinions are that unpopular.
Johnny wanted cream buns for his birthday tea...
Skelofect
Legend

Postby sambo9 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:15 pm

04wayne wrote:
col89 wrote:I just noticed a couple of posts were deleted. :lol:
Yeah I thought that too :-?
I guess Dalmatin was right then - they were very unpopular opinions. :P
sambo9
Legend

Postby Dalmatin » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:22 pm

yes, another unpopular opinion is that the mods should stop treating UKMixers like babies and let them stand up for themselves
Dalmatin
A Wolf At The Door

Postby jason2379 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:22 pm

ManicFan2k wrote:[*] Adults who are into stuff that a lot of other adults deem 'Just for children' are in some ways actually quite intelligent people as they are intelligent enough to know that it's ok to be able to switch off and just let their mind relax and not have to think. E.g., when you meet an adult Harry Potter obsessive they will be a more mindful person than say a 'Big Brother' -holic is
[/b]
I'm both a Harry Potter fan and a Big Brother -holic :lol:

Girls Aloud are crap, and I think they have very little talent. They are also not more successful than the Sugababes.....Woah that feels good :D :D But then again, I'm a very indecisive person.

I cant think of any more now, but I'm sure more will come..
Embarrassed to be apart of this mess 8-)
jason2379
Superstar

Postby Colin » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:24 pm

jason2379 wrote:Girls Aloud are crap, and I think they have very little talent. They are also not more successful than the Sugababes.....Woah that feels good :D :D
Jason! :o
LONG LIVE GIRLS ALOUD
Colin
In The Zone

Postby jason2379 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:24 pm

col89 wrote:
jason2379 wrote:Girls Aloud are crap, and I think they have very little talent. They are also not more successful than the Sugababes.....Woah that feels good :D :D
Should I apologize?? :-? :lol:
jason2379
Superstar

Postby sambo9 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:27 pm

col89 wrote:
:lol:

I knew you'd explode when he said that. :P
sambo9
Legend

Postby Colin » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:31 pm

jason2379 wrote:
col89 wrote:
There's no going back now! Image
LONG LIVE GIRLS ALOUD
Colin
In The Zone

Postby jason2379 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:34 pm

col89 wrote:
jason2379 wrote:
col89 wrote:
There's no going back now! Image
OMG :lol:
jason2379
Superstar

Postby tcatron565 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:53 pm

I am not very fond of Madonna's, Mariah's, or Leona's music. There maybe only a handful from each one that I like.
Don't kill me! :o

I think Big Brothers is unvigintillion (1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000) times better than Survivor. *Yes that's a real word.*

Jonas Brothers just need to leave the entertainment industry alone and go be stupid somewhere else. I also think they don't look good at all. :roll:

I like ATRL better than UKMIX. BUT BOTH SITES ARE GREAT!!!!!

Friends is the best show ever.
1. Crazy Kids
2. We Can't Stop
3. Safe and Sound
4. Still Into You
5. Treasure
tcatron565
Manager

Postby sambo9 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:58 pm

tcatron565 wrote:Don't kill me! :o
Dude, you just totally copied my joke from an earlier post. There was just no need - and you can tell from the response that it wasn't even that funny.
sambo9
Legend

Return to This 'n' That