Mariah Carey - Memoirs Of An Imperfect Angel

Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby ntinos93 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:21 pm

Moderator Notice ::

Please be aware of the following:

This forum is here to allow people to discuss music. It has not been created as a fansite to Mariah or any other artist and so please be aware that people may wish to share their opinions when they have negative thoughts on something. This is perfectly acceptable and we ask that everyone should either tolerate this, or alternatively seek a forum dedicated to their particular favourite artist so that they do not have to endure the fact that some people don't share their thoughts.

On the flip side, we would like to ask that discussion/comparison with other acts should be kept to a minimum where possible in this thread. This should not be here as a "Mariah is better than artist x" thread.

UK Mix is neither pro or anti any particular artist, we believe that all sorts of musical genres and artists have a place for discussion here, but due to the ongoing issues we have been faced with obsessive Beyonce fans we will now be removing anyone from the forum that personally insults our members, we do not want to see name calling, eye rolling or telling anyone to "shut up" or "get out of this thread". The forum is for anyone who can discuss music without causing trouble.

I will not continue to make these sort of warnings on a daily/weekly basis. We want all the sensible Mariah fans to enjoy this forum, so to make sure we don't have to lock any more of her threads, we have had to reach this decision.

Basically anyone that upsets the apple cart with regards to Mariah threads will now achieve a 7 day ban from the forum to cool down.

We hope that this will mean everyone can enjoy the forum much more.

I would also like to add that any comments/reference to the locking of these threads should continue to be sent via PM to a moderator and this thread should be use for the purpose in which it was set up.

Many thanks,
UK Mix Moderators

It's not a lie.. It's true.. Mariah Carey ends E=MC2 and begins a new album produced by The Dream
Last edited by ntinos93 on Thu May 21, 2009 12:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ntinos93
Personal Assistant

Postby Plym » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:22 pm

Official source?
Plym
Take Care

Postby Blizzy » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:26 pm

Mariah Already Working On New Album
The-Dream just dropped his new single "My Love," which features Mariah Carey, but that's not all the two have been up to lately.

The-Dream stopped by L.A.'s Power 106 with Big Boy In The Morning, and talked about his new album and the fact that he hadn't gone to sleep yet because he was up all night with Mariah working on new material for her.

According to The-Dream, Mariah is already working on a new album and he's been producing some hot new tracks for her.

As you may already know, The-Dream is responsible for producing Mariah's huge hit "Touch My Body" off her current album E=MC².

Source: MDJ
Blizzy
Superstar

Postby spc08 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:27 pm

Already! :o
She needs to take a break and recuperate her voice.
But the My Love track and Touch My Body I wouldnt mind a Dream album by her! :)
spc08
Manager

Postby Benjamin » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:27 pm

Mariah Already Working On New Album

The-Dream just dropped his new single "My Love," which features Mariah Carey, but that's not all the two have been up to lately.

The-Dream stopped by L.A.'s Power 106 with Big Boy In The Morning, and talked about his new album and the fact that he hadn't gone to sleep yet because he was up all night with Mariah working on new material for her.

According to The-Dream, Mariah is already working on a new album and he's been producing some hot new tracks for her.

As you may already know, The-Dream is responsible for producing Mariah's huge hit "Touch My Body" off her current album E=MC².
Source
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby Tripped » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:39 pm

Woo. More JD please!
& let us hear The Runners' tracks.
Tripped
Superstar

Postby hotMCfan » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:44 pm

I CAN'T WAIT.
I hope JD would collaborate well like in the emancipation era! :D
hotMCfan
Superstar

Postby dereon » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:46 pm

More B.Cox & Jd plzz and I hope she will work with Darkchild!
dereon
Legend

Postby sambo9 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:47 pm

I can't wait! I hope she goes back to her more classy "TEOM" style. She's a bit of a joke at the moment. She needs to take her next album more seriously, and make some mature music.
sambo9
Legend

Postby ntinos93 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:49 pm

No guys... That's wrong. E=MC2 is much better than TEOM. It's wrong that she is working on a new album now
ntinos93
Personal Assistant

Postby Blizzy » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:52 pm

I want more DANJA
Blizzy
Superstar

Postby dereon » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:53 pm

ntinos93 wrote:No guys... That's wrong. E=MC2 is much better than TEOM. It's wrong that she is working on a new album now
Defenitely! but It isn't mature at all.
dereon
Legend

Postby ntinos93 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:02 pm

dereon wrote:
ntinos93 wrote:No guys... That's wrong. E=MC2 is much better than TEOM. It's wrong that she is working on a new album now
Defenitely! but It isn't mature at all.
Yes it is...
Side Effets (but insteed I kept my tears inside 'cause I knew if I started I'd keep crying for the rest of my life with you I finally picked up the strees to walk away not regret it but i still live with the side effects)

I Stay In Love (We said let go but I keep through hunging on, Inside I know it's over you really gone, Is killing me 'cause in anything that I can do, baby I Stay In Love with you)

For The Record (For The Record you wanna know he wasn't thinking when he let me go...)

Bye Bye (This is for my people who just lost somebody, your best friend your baby your man or your lady, put your hand to the sky, we will never say bye)

These sound really mature
ntinos93
Personal Assistant

Postby Franckoty007 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:19 pm

Cool, I'm ready for a new album! :) The E=MC² era is over.

I don't want "Touch My Body" part two though :-?
Eiffel - "Foule Monstre"
Franckoty007
Manager

Postby Mooriah » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:04 pm

I almost fainted when I read this coz I love me some Mimi.

She BETTER work with Walter Afanasieff coz the songs they write together are just beautiful (and if I'm not mistaken their most recent work is Lead The Way which was like 8 years ago or something). I wouldn't mind JD's production too although he's a bit of a hit/miss, and also B Cox, The-Dream, Babyface, Randy Jackson, Terry Lewis & Jimmy Jam and MISSY ELLIOTT pls (did she produce Babydoll? coz that's my fav Mimi song ever!!!!). And also some new unknown producers! Damn, hopefully first quarter of 2010 we will get the new album (and late '09/early '10 for the first single!)

And oh, I hope she goes back to using the "mariah font"!
Emeli | Taylor
Mooriah
Manager

Postby Tom92 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:11 pm

Im glad she's making another album, much as I wanted her to rest.

I hope we see another TEOM, rather than E=MC2. Still, we will always be wondering what Migrate could have done as a single, its not happening now.

I reckon she needs another 'We Belong Together'. I think its incredible, how she managed to create a modern sounding yet classic ballad, which are really rare these days.

I doubt we'll see this record until 2010 though.
Tom92
Legend

Postby stevyy » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:35 pm

if she really releases another album in late 2009.. she can easily outsell emc²..

she should more uptempo and less midtempo with her new album..
stevyy
Legend

Postby shake_yo_ass » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:23 pm

NO more TMB pleeease. She got really lucky that wasnt a flop!

TEOM with a tad more 'migrate' style tracks would be perfecto IMO.
shake_yo_ass
Manager

Postby Benjamin » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:25 pm

Yes, I really hope we'll get a release at the end of the year.
Would be great!
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby greek_boy » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:21 am

isn't a bit too soon?

in 2008 she released a studio album[+ one #1 single] and a compilation of old lovesongs. i think she needs a break [isn't she pregnant?]
plus she should have made a worldwide tour! IMO
greek_boy
Legend

Postby pmape » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:01 am

I used to say "no!" to jermaine dupri productions being on her next album, but now I'm starting to re-think that after I heard Bow Wow's new single "You Can Have It All" (prod. JD) and it samples TLC's "Baby Baby Baby" which is a CLASSIC !

if mariah uses JD for this album, I hope it samples some stuff. She just needs some Danja, Polow, Tricky, LOS Da Maestro ("My Love"), & Bangladesh.
said like austin powers:
"its mariah baybee yeah !"
pmape
Personal Assistant

Postby Luv2LuvU » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:23 am

back to the drawing board for mimi innit.... Love her to bits, but e=mc2 really was the pits
NOT My GOODIES!!!

I'm not rude and I don't intend to me. I just speak the TRUTH THE WHOLE TRUTH AND NUTHIN BUT THE TRUTH
Luv2LuvU
Roadie

Postby Wolves8 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:34 am

No Mariah doesn't need some of these producers...she needs to use a hit making formula and just switch some people up...Mariah should hook up with Mark Ronson,Salaam Remi,Soulshock & Karlin,9th Wonder...switch it up some. Cristyle already confirmed they we're working on this new album long ago, and they seem to write well together.
Wolves8
Manager

Postby pmape » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:29 pm

^ were probably gonna see this album sooner than expected, because I do recall reading Crystyle & JD finishing a track that they said wasn't for the EMC2 project. Then we gotta think about those leftover tracks from EMC2, and possible new one's created during the Hero/Right to Dream sessions.
said like austin powers:
"its mariah baybee yeah !"
pmape
Personal Assistant

Postby SholasBoy » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:31 pm

This topic is going to be on at least 50 pages before anyone even hears anything. If people want to keep talking about what went wrong with the last album, they should do it in the existing topic and leave this for when we've actually heard something :P
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Return to The Retro