The DVD Sales thread (Sales Database 1997 - Present)

Moderators: trebor, kingofskiffle, nympho

 

Postby baumer72 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:29 pm

hello..testing
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water.
baumer72
Groupie
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009

Postby baumer72 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:36 pm

Thank you so much for all of the info. You are very very helpful for geeks like me/us.

Can you find any info on Night at the Museum?

Thanks.

How about the Alien Quad set?
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water.
baumer72
Groupie
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009

Postby flake » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:50 pm

ZiggyStardust wrote:
flake wrote:Hello!

I would really appreciate any Star Trek numbers you might have, I have always wondered just how much money Paramount have got from us poor fans over the years.

Trek used to sell well on VHS (tens of millions I believe!) but I don't know anything about DVD except that Star Trek Nemesis got 1.3 million first week sales back in 2002..

Thanks!
I find it very bizarre that the same day that I posted on another board about "Star Trek" somebody with 0 posts ask me about Star Trek numbers.

Anyway, I'll post the numbers tomorrow but I must warn Kim / Eric and the other posters from CWO that the admins of this forum are not kidding. Go play somewhere else. You need to get a personal life.

Star Trek numbers will be posted tomorrow. :roll:
Which board? :)

I had never heard of this forum until someone posted a link to this thread on Box Office Mojo where I lurk, so I think its good advertising for this website/forum aint it? :)

I will lurk/post here now as well!

Again mucho appreciated.
flake
Groupie
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009

Postby baumer72 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:21 pm

Sorry, one more if i can.

Can you tell me how many Sith sold alone?
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water.
baumer72
Groupie
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009

Postby ZiggyStardust » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:43 pm

flake wrote:
ZiggyStardust wrote:
flake wrote:Hello!

I would really appreciate any Star Trek numbers you might have, I have always wondered just how much money Paramount have got from us poor fans over the years.

Trek used to sell well on VHS (tens of millions I believe!) but I don't know anything about DVD except that Star Trek Nemesis got 1.3 million first week sales back in 2002..

Thanks!
I find it very bizarre that the same day that I posted on another board about "Star Trek" somebody with 0 posts ask me about Star Trek numbers.

Anyway, I'll post the numbers tomorrow but I must warn Kim / Eric and the other posters from CWO that the admins of this forum are not kidding. Go play somewhere else. You need to get a personal life.

Star Trek numbers will be posted tomorrow. :roll:
Which board? :)

I had never heard of this forum until someone posted a link to this thread on Box Office Mojo where I lurk, so I think its good advertising for this website/forum aint it? :)

I will lurk/post here now as well!

Again mucho appreciated.
All right, maybe I'm paranoid or something.

ATTENTION (for all posters)

Please limit the number of titles in a request to three.

There are 14 "Star Trek" titles in my excel database so you need to be more specific.
10 Years of my DVD Collection (2000-2010)
User avatar
ZiggyStardust
Manager
 
Posts: 3336
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2005
Location: The Twilight Zone

Postby ZiggyStardust » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:51 pm

baumer72 wrote:Thank you so much for all of the info. You are very very helpful for geeks like me/us.

Can you find any info on Night at the Museum?

Thanks.

How about the Alien Quad set?
NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM Ben Stiller, Carla Gugino 9.300.000

THE ALIEN LEGACY (4-Pack) Sigourney Weaver 51.000 (released in 1999, and it was the first #1 DVD box set, but the DVD sales that year were small.)  
10 Years of my DVD Collection (2000-2010)
User avatar
ZiggyStardust
Manager
 
Posts: 3336
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2005
Location: The Twilight Zone

Postby NothingFails » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:51 pm

do you have numbers for TV-DVD's?

I'd love to see numbers for the Buffy, Sex And The City and South Park seasons
NothingFails
Legend
 
Posts: 44411
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004

Postby ZiggyStardust » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:53 pm

baumer72 wrote:Sorry, one more if i can.

Can you tell me how many Sith sold alone?
Check page 1.
10 Years of my DVD Collection (2000-2010)
User avatar
ZiggyStardust
Manager
 
Posts: 3336
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2005
Location: The Twilight Zone

Postby crocop » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:57 pm

Hellboy

Hellboy 2

Wall-E

Thanks.
crocop
Groupie
 
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006

Postby ZiggyStardust » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:00 pm

NothingFails wrote:do you have numbers for TV-DVD's?

I'd love to see numbers for the Buffy, Sex And The City and South Park seasons
Yes I have 7 titles (seasons) for Buffy, 8 for Sex And The City and 17 titles for South Park. (total: 32 titles)

You need to pick one of the three TV-DVDs.
10 Years of my DVD Collection (2000-2010)
User avatar
ZiggyStardust
Manager
 
Posts: 3336
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2005
Location: The Twilight Zone

Postby NothingFails » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:06 pm

Buffy
NothingFails
Legend
 
Posts: 44411
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004

Postby flake » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:27 pm

ZiggyStardust wrote:
flake wrote:
ZiggyStardust wrote:
flake wrote:Hello!

I would really appreciate any Star Trek numbers you might have, I have always wondered just how much money Paramount have got from us poor fans over the years.

Trek used to sell well on VHS (tens of millions I believe!) but I don't know anything about DVD except that Star Trek Nemesis got 1.3 million first week sales back in 2002..

Thanks!
I find it very bizarre that the same day that I posted on another board about "Star Trek" somebody with 0 posts ask me about Star Trek numbers.

Anyway, I'll post the numbers tomorrow but I must warn Kim / Eric and the other posters from CWO that the admins of this forum are not kidding. Go play somewhere else. You need to get a personal life.

Star Trek numbers will be posted tomorrow. :roll:
Which board? :)

I had never heard of this forum until someone posted a link to this thread on Box Office Mojo where I lurk, so I think its good advertising for this website/forum aint it? :)

I will lurk/post here now as well!

Again mucho appreciated.
All right, maybe I'm paranoid or something.

ATTENTION (for all posters)

Please limit the number of titles in a request to three.

There are 14 "Star Trek" titles in my excel database so you need to be more specific.
Hi, ok.

Star Trek Nemesis, Insurrection and First Contact.
flake
Groupie
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009

Postby FliplovesMC » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:53 am

I have 3 requests as well.

Friends (I realize it's 10 seasons, but whatever you have will be fantastic)

The Notebook

Two Weeks Notice

(Oh yeah, thanks in advance! By the way, I'm still on the edge of my seat for the Top 100. I just know I'll be staring at that stat for days.)
Oh I won't ask for much this Christmas, I won't even wish for snow
User avatar
FliplovesMC
Manager
 
Posts: 1511
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009

Postby AutomaticBR » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:06 am

Ziggy, is it common for TV series box sets to enter this chart?

if yes, i was wonderin' if you could tell me the sales of the Desperate Housewives bosets so far, i believe there are 4 already released!
User avatar
AutomaticBR
Legend
 
Posts: 12784
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004
Location: Brasil

Postby LostAvenger » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:15 pm

Top DVD Music Videos
Week Ending 4/12/09

Wks Rank Scans
On Label 2W LW TW * Artist Title TW LW % RTD
2 EGRO 2 1 BECK*JEFF PERFORMING THIS WEEK 5,171 7,292 -29 12,680
2 WAR 1 2 NICKS*STEVIE LIVE IN CHICAGO 3,372 7,851 -57 11,261
1 JIVE 3 SPEARS*BRITNEY BRITNEY: FOR THE REC 3,095 25 999 3,120
5 MOT 3 4 4 WONDER*STEVIE LIVE AT LAST 2,932 3,407 -14 21,790
2 COL 3 5 COHEN*LEONARD LIVE IN LONDON 2,424 3,711 -35 6,251
31 SNY 8 9 6 AC/DC NO BULL 2,219 1,673 33 218,868
3 MTLY 2 5 7 MOTLEY CRUE CRUE FEST 2008 DVD 2,022 2,855 -29 12,104
19 KOCH 5 8 8 NICKELBACK LIVE AT STURGIS 2006 1,875 1,912 -2 45,432
1 BBY 9 RACHEL FULLER PRESENTS IN THE ATTIC W/PETE TOWNSHEND 1,829 73 999 1,902
3 COL 1 6 10 COHEED AND CAMBRIA NEVERENDER 1,818 2,643 -31 15,365
19 SBNT 7 11 11 FERNANDEZ*VICENTE PRIMERA FILA 1,803 1,633 10 87,685
42 EGRO 6 10 12 ZZ TOP LIVE FROM TEXAS 2007 1,525 1,634 -7 134,042
12 COL 4 7 13 IL DIVO AT THE COLISEUM 1,503 1,945 -23 27,628
70 COL 10 13 14 DION*CELINE NEW DAYA LIVE IN LAS VEGAS 1,459 1,278 14 380,861
73 COL 9 14 15 BEYONCE BEYONCE EXPERIENCE LIVE 1,267 1,238 2 361,416
1 MERG 16 ARCADE FIRE MIROIR NOIR 1,187 77 999 1,264
1 RCAV 17 PRIESTS IN CONCERT AT ARMAGH CATHEDRAL 948 1 999 949
223 EPIC 13 15 18 JACKSON*MICHAEL NUMBER ONES 917 1,087 -16 696,364
7 DECC 11 20 19 CELTIC THUNDER CELTIC THUNDER THE SHOW 911 764 19 84,004
2 EGRO 17 20 BECK*JEFF PERFORMING THIS WEEK 845 847 0 1,720
200 RHI 12 16 21 EAGLES FAREWELL I TOUR-LIVE FROM MELB 789 910 -13 1,474,172
41 COL 18 21 22 MAYER*JOHN WHERE THE LIGHT IS-JOHN MAYER 759 740 3 116,881
22 CAPN 28 22 23 URBAN*KEITH LOVE,PAIN...CRAZY WORLD TOUR 703 726 -3 68,677
2 SBNT 28 24 RAPHAEL RAPHAEL 50 ANOS DESP 702 583 20 1,287
20 ROUN 17 24 25 RUSH SNAKES AND ARROWS 673 680 -1 61,179
65 HIPD 16 19 26 TEMPTATIONS, THE GET READY-THE DEF DV 659 796 -17 199,060
13 HIPD 23 18 26 GAYE*MARVIN REAL THING 659 825 -20 78,029
14 MOT 21 23 28 FOUR TOPS REACH OUT 657 701 -6 18,174
15 VENE 22 27 29 TIERRA CALI EN VIVO DESDE LA PLAZA DE TORO 602 593 2 22,946
21 IMEN 27 34 30 WHO AT KILBURN 1977  599 530 13 40,725
2 COL 12 31 BOTTI*CHRIS BOTTI IN BOSTON(PBS) 594 1,407 -58 2,001
12 COL 29 31 32 JOURNEY GREATEST HITS 1978-97 580 558 4 534,472
10 MBOT 33 32 33 BUFFETT*JIMMY SCENES YOU KNOW BY HEART 568 551 3 127,972
4 FATR 19 26 34 NOFX BACKSTAGE PASSPORT 530 598 -11 3,775
143 COL 30 35 35 PINK FLOYD PULSE 527 488 8 520,734
47 SBNT 26 30 36 FERNANDEZ*VICENTE VICENTE FERNANDEZ PARA SIEMPRE 524 567 -8 78,003
4 FONO 20 25 37 ALACRANES MUSICAL LIVE-EN VIVO DESDE 505 618 -18 3,151
13 MOT 31 29 38 SUPREMES REFLECTIONS: DEFINITIVE PERFOR 500 568 -12 85,981
1 FONO 39 ELIZALDE*VALENTIN EN VIVO DESDE LOS AN 492 0 492
4 RHI 42 45 40 BLUE MAN GROUP HOW TO BE A MEGASTAR 2.1 489 429 14 46,431
20 ROAD 44 41 NICKELBACK ULTIMATE VIDEO COLLECTION 487 433 12 130,683
1 COL 42 AC/DC FAMILY JEWELS 476 331 44 577,592
32 COL 42 43 AC/DC LIVE AT DONINGTON 472 447 6 839,286
2 WAR 47 44 METALLICA VIDEOS 1989-2004 467 420 11 206,398
22 AAM 41 39 45 POLICE CERTIFIABLE 456 459 -1 69,705
21 RCA 46 46 46 FOO FIGHTERS LIVE AT WEMBLEY STADIUM 453 422 7 30,515
6 MNHT 25 43 46 CELTIC WOMAN GREATEST JOURNEY 453 437 4 34,409
15 EPIC 44 40 48 SHAKIRA SHAKIRA ORAL FIXATION TOUR 442 454 -3 154,927
23 DEF 44 36 49 RIHANNA GOOD GIRL GONE BAD LIVE DVD 438 484 -10 41,327
1 ISL 50 FALL OUT BOY **** LIVE IN PHOENIX 435 367 19 83,714

Total Sales 55,812 59,068 -6% 7,777,404
User avatar
LostAvenger
Legend
 
Posts: 25711
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004
Location: Long Island City/Queensbridge, New York

Postby ZiggyStardust » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:11 pm

MORE INFO ADDED

Peak Position (in bold)
Weeks on chart
Date of Entry (in red colour)
Total Sales (in blue colour)

For NothingFails:

BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER -SEASON 1 Sarah Michelle Gellar 3 3 20 Jan 2002 265.000

BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER -SEASON 2 Sarah Michelle Gellar 6 2 16 Jun 2002 218.000

BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER -SEASON 3 Sarah Michelle Gellar 6 2 12 Jan 2003 223.000

BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER -SEASON 4 Sarah Michelle Gellar 8 1 15 Jun 2003 250.000

BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER -SEASON 5 Sarah Michelle Gellar 16 1 14 Dec 2003 75.000

BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER -SEASON 6 Sarah Michelle Gellar 5 1 23 May 2004 350.000

BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER -SEASON 7 Sarah Michelle Gellar 7 1 21 Nov 2004 220.000
10 Years of my DVD Collection (2000-2010)
User avatar
ZiggyStardust
Manager
 
Posts: 3336
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2005
Location: The Twilight Zone

Postby ZiggyStardust » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:15 pm

For crocop:

HELLBOY II: THE GOLDEN ARMY Ron Perlman, Selma Blair  2 3 16 Nov 2008 2.270.000

HELLBOY Ron Perlman, Selma Blair 1 7 1 Aug 2004 1.800.000

WALL-E Animated 1 18 23 Nov 2008 9.995.000
10 Years of my DVD Collection (2000-2010)
User avatar
ZiggyStardust
Manager
 
Posts: 3336
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2005
Location: The Twilight Zone

Postby ZiggyStardust » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:20 pm

For flake:

STAR TREK: NEMESIS Patrick Stewart, Jonathan Frakes 1 5 25 Mar 2003 1.476.000

STAR TREK: FIRST CONTACT Patrick Stewart, Jonathan Frakes 2 13 11 Oct 1998 300.000

STAR TREK: INSURRECTION Patrick Stewart, Jonathan Frakes 1 14 16 May 1999 159.000

First contact and insurrection were released in 1998 and 1999, so their sales are smaller than Nemesis.
10 Years of my DVD Collection (2000-2010)
User avatar
ZiggyStardust
Manager
 
Posts: 3336
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2005
Location: The Twilight Zone

Postby ZiggyStardust » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:31 pm

BATMAN BEGINS Christian Bale, Liam Neeson 1 26 23 Oct 2005 10.810.000

THE DARK KNIGHT Christian Bale, Michael Caine 1 15 14 Dec 2008 16.667.000

STAR WARS: EPISODE III - REVENGE OF THE SITH Hayden Christensen 1 10 6 Nov 2005 9.850.000

STAR WARS TRILOGY Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford 1 22 26 Sep 2004 7.700.000

300 Gerard Butler, Lena Headey 1 21 5 Aug 2007 13.900.000

SPIDER-MAN 2 Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst 1 14 5 Dec 2004 11.723.000

THE BOURNE SUPREMACY Matt Damon 1 11 12 Dec 2004 7.350.000

THE BOURNE ULTIMATUM Matt Damon, Julia Stiles 2 9 16 Dec 2007 8.033.000

THE MATRIX Keanu Reeves, Laurence Fishburne 1 117 26 Sep 1999 11.000.000

X-MEN Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen 2 21 26 Nov 2000 4.000.000

X2: X-MEN UNITED Patrick Stewart, Hugh Jackman 1 7 30 Nov 2003 5.500.000

X-MEN: THE LAST STAND Hugh Jackman, Halle Berry 2 8 8 Oct 2006 5.350.000

SUPERMAN RETURNS Brandon Routh, Kate Bosworth 1 7 3 Dec 2006 5.130.000

TITANIC Leonardo DiCaprio, Kate Winslet 1 26 5 Sep 1999 2.355.000

THE ADVENTURES OF INDIANA JONES COLLECTION Harrison Ford 1 18 26 Oct 2003 5.464.000

THE ALIEN LEGACY (4-Pack) Sigourney Weaver 1 5 6 Jun 1999 51.000

NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM Ben Stiller, Carla Gugino 1 15 29 Apr 2007 9.300.000
10 Years of my DVD Collection (2000-2010)
User avatar
ZiggyStardust
Manager
 
Posts: 3336
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2005
Location: The Twilight Zone

Postby crocop » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:34 pm

Thanks a lot for these...kinda hoped for a little better sales for HB 2,but i'm satisfied to see Wall-E beating Kung Fu Panda.

Anyway,whenever you are able to answer these it's ok:

Iron Man

Ratatouille

House Season 1 and/or 2

Keep up the excellent work!
crocop
Groupie
 
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006

Postby ZiggyStardust » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:41 pm

AutomaticBR wrote:Ziggy, is it common for TV series box sets to enter this chart?

if yes, i was wonderin' if you could tell me the sales of the Desperate Housewives bosets so far, i believe there are 4 already released!
Yes it is very common. The first TV-DVDs entered the VS Top 20 in 1999-2000.

Tomorrow I'll post the numbers for FliplovesMC and AutomaticBR
10 Years of my DVD Collection (2000-2010)
User avatar
ZiggyStardust
Manager
 
Posts: 3336
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2005
Location: The Twilight Zone

Postby LostAvenger » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:42 pm

Any sales for the legendary Kate Winslet? :wink:
User avatar
LostAvenger
Legend
 
Posts: 25711
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004
Location: Long Island City/Queensbridge, New York

Postby ZiggyStardust » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:46 pm

LostAvenger wrote:Any sales for the legendary Kate Winslet? :wink:
There are many Kate Winslet DVDs. Any titles?
Last edited by ZiggyStardust on Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
10 Years of my DVD Collection (2000-2010)
User avatar
ZiggyStardust
Manager
 
Posts: 3336
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2005
Location: The Twilight Zone

Postby LostAvenger » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:50 pm

ZiggyStardust wrote:
LostAvenger wrote:Any sales for the legendary Kate Winslet? :wink:
There are many Kate Winslet DVDs. Any titles?
Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind
Iris
Little Children
Heavenly Creatures
Sense & Sensibility

In other words, this global icon's best movies. 8-)
User avatar
LostAvenger
Legend
 
Posts: 25711
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004
Location: Long Island City/Queensbridge, New York

Postby crocop » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:58 pm

Just a little question considering Spider-Man 2...can you please tell me when was the last time it was in the top 20,in other words,since when is the posted number?

Sorry for the delayed question.
crocop
Groupie
 
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006

Return to Chart Analysis