Shakira :: The "Sale El Sol" Era

Moderators: trebor, kingofskiffle, nympho

Postby Benjamin » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:34 pm

The album will drop November 2nd in the US. First single 'Hell's Angel//Loca' is expected to be released to Radio at the end of the month. We all know Shakira is the queen of Latin America, so I expect huge numbers in the end. Especially, because the most songs on the album will be in Spanish.

Do you think she'll be able to outsell 'She Wolf'?
Last edited by Benjamin on Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby FutureMan » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:41 pm

Would it be a bad idea to have a thread for both eras?
She will prpbably release more she wolf singles in the future (as the fixations)
FutureMan
Superstar

Postby LostAvenger » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:42 pm

It could if "Hell's Angel/Loca" gets as much exposure (if not more) than "La Tortura" did during its peak. If MTV do another "Making The Video" special (which doesn't exist anymore) and her promo team go all out, then she could sell 100K of this album.
LostAvenger
Legend

Postby MSP89 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:50 pm

FutureMan wrote:Would it be a bad idea to have a thread for both eras?
She will prpbably release more she wolf singles in the future (as the fixations)
lol what kinda of fan are you? did you not watch her youtube interview? she said no more singles from She Wolf.

cant wait for the album!! i think It has a chance of outselling She Wolf. even in the US.
MSP89
Roadie

Postby Benjamin » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:53 pm

^ Hey, that's not nice! FutureMan is the biggest Shakira fan I know on this forum. He might have just missed one video, but that's no reason to attack him like that, is it?

Anyways - yeah, I believe there are no more singles coming from 'She Wolf' and that the era is really over. 'Waka Waka' was the transition song and now it's time for the new era! :)
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby Dreams » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:57 pm

What was the last Spanish-language album to sell more than 500,000 in the US?
Dreams
Manager

Postby FutureMan » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:58 pm

Dreams wrote:What was the last Spanish-language album to sell more than 500,000 in the US?
mmm...Fijacion Oral v.1?
FutureMan
Superstar

Postby FutureMan » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:00 pm

MSP89 wrote:
lol what kinda of fan are you? did you not watch her youtube interview? she said no more singles from She Wolf.

cant wait for the album!! i think It has a chance of outselling She Wolf. even in the US.
i did watch the interview, and i also remember when she said after illegal that the song was the last song from the fixations and then she released pure intuition some months later :-?
i also remember when she said that she wolf would be released on semptember 09 and it was released later..i also remember a lot of things
FutureMan
Superstar

Postby ktos » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:06 pm

FutureMan wrote:
MSP89 wrote:

i did watch the interview, and i also remember when she said after illegal that the song was the last song from the fixations and then she released pure intuition some months later :-?

i also remember when she said that she wolf would be released on semptember 09 and it was released later..i also remember a lot of things
pure intuition not was singel !!! was the official song for the campaign "Catch the Fever" 8-)

Las de la Intuición was but from FO Vol.1

FutureMan wrote:
Dreams wrote:What was the last Spanish-language album to sell more than 500,000 in the US?
mmm...Fijacion Oral v.1?
Is now 11xPlatinum 1,100,000 :D
Last edited by ktos on Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ktos
Manager

Postby MSP89 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:09 pm

I think RBD or some Reggeton act.
MSP89
Roadie

Postby MSP89 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:10 pm

ktos wrote:
FutureMan wrote:
MSP89 wrote:

pure intuition not was singel !!! was the official song for the campaign "Catch the Fever" 8-)

:lol: :lol:
MSP89
Roadie

Postby Benjamin » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:13 pm

'Las De La Intuición' was a single indeed in Latin America and I assume Spain a well. 'Pure Intuition' was a single in some European countries though:

In Europe, the song was translated and re-recorded in English as "Pure Intuition" and released to promote both Shakira's Oral Fixation Tour and was the official song for the campaign "Catch the Fever" by SEAT, due to the sponsorship the tour received by the automobile manufacturer. The song also received some airplay, and it managed to peak inside the top ten in Netherlands Top 40 and Top 50, as well as in Russia and Lebanon. It also charted in Romania, Slovak Republic and other Eastern Europe countries. This version was also mixed by Gustavo Celis.
I know it was a huge radio hit here in The Netherlands. The song was released to iTunes as single and peaked at #8 in the official Dutch Top 40 (sales + airplay) and #7 in the Mega Top 50 (sales only).
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby FutureMan » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:14 pm

ktos wrote:
FutureMan wrote:
MSP89 wrote:

i know that you really know what i mean
FutureMan
Superstar

Postby FutureMan » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:15 pm

BanZai wrote:'Las De La Intuición' was a single indeed in Latin America and I assume Spain a well. 'Pure Intuition' was a single in some European countries though:

In Europe, the song was translated and re-recorded in English as "Pure Intuition" and released to promote both Shakira's Oral Fixation Tour and was the official song for the campaign "Catch the Fever" by SEAT, due to the sponsorship the tour received by the automobile manufacturer. The song also received some airplay, and it managed to peak inside the top ten in Netherlands Top 40 and Top 50, as well as in Russia and Lebanon. It also charted in Romania, Slovak Republic and other Eastern Europe countries. This version was also mixed by Gustavo Celis.
I know it was a huge radio hit here in The Netherlands. The song was released to iTunes as single and peaked at #8 in the official Dutch Top 40 (sales + airplay) and #7 in the Mega Top 50 (sales only).
Probably it was not a single for Ktos because it wasnt #1 in the hot 100 :-?
FutureMan
Superstar

Postby ktos » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:22 pm

FutureMan wrote:
BanZai wrote:'Las De La Intuición' was a single indeed in Latin America and I assume Spain a well. 'Pure Intuition' was a single in some European countries though:

Probably it was not a single for Ktos because it wasnt #1 in the hot 100 :-?
Not was 1 in HOT 100 because not was singel is simpel !!!

End this discution PI not was oficial singel !!!
Last edited by ktos on Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ktos
Manager

Postby LostAvenger » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:24 pm

"Pure Intution" was a single in some European nations, but not everywhere.
LostAvenger
Legend

Postby ktos » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:27 pm

If this date is real Ramon (oficial forum administration) write in Twittter:
Yes, the article posted by Billboard regarding Sale El Sol is false.
http://twitter.com/Ramon_G

Will be hard to get number 1 !!! Taylor will be reales album one week early, so she will be have in second week also big numbers :-?
ktos
Manager

Postby FutureMan » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:31 pm

Personally, i'm not interested in a #1, positions are really not important, just look at she wolf, that album would have been top 5 if released a week before i would prefer a good chart run
FutureMan
Superstar

Postby kreyzas » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:57 pm

FutureMan wrote:Personally, i'm not interested in a #1, positions are really not important, just look at she wolf, that album would have been top 5 if released a week before i would prefer a good chart run
#1 in USA for an album basicly in spanish is really imposible, but a top5 debut as FO1 is totaly posible if she has a single of a calibre like "La tortura" was back in 2005 :)
kreyzas
Manager

Postby LostAvenger » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:54 pm

There's also the possiblility of her English-speaking fans just cherrypicking (legally downloading) all of the English speaking tracks and not buying the entire album. :x

Let's hope that doesn't happen. :lol:
LostAvenger
Legend

Postby FutureMan » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:20 am

i would bet for Shakira's second #1 in USA :o :o :o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kG2XqVffK1w
FutureMan
Superstar

Postby hello » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:31 am

I thought we had to wait for the official Sony release date to start posting? :cry: :cry:

you need to ask for permission to open a thread :wink:
~Gaga~~~Xtina~~~P!nk~~~Dido~~~Shakira~~~Beyonce~~~Gwen Stefani~~
hello
Superstar

Postby ashish » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:57 pm

new single loca is great and here it is video shooting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJycXau-Lm0
#84.(new) ashish - 51 points
Code:
After only 1,5 years of being a member, ashish makes a fantastic debut in the Top 100 posters of 2011.
ashish
Manager

Postby Hafo » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:19 pm

As per the RIAA database:

LOS TEMERARIOS
EN CONCIERTO VOL. 2
06/04/2009
4.00x MULTI PLATINUM
Hafo
Manager

Postby FutureMan » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:26 pm

Hafo wrote:
As per the RIAA database:

LOS TEMERARIOS
EN CONCIERTO VOL. 2
06/04/2009
4.00x MULTI PLATINUM
That's 400,000, so was Fijacion Oral the last album in spanish to sell 500k+?
FutureMan
Superstar

Return to Artist Chart Analysis