En Vogue

Moderators: tdc2000, stevyy, Benjamin

Postby funkingr8 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:38 pm

DISCUSS EVERYTHING EN VOGUE IN THIS TOPIC

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Guys,

En Vogue are doing some spot dates in Europe next month and are doing only 1 date in the UK in London at the IndigO2 on the 21st October.

Anyone going to see them to hear some old school r'n'b??
funkingr8
Roadie

Postby gaz_uk » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:24 pm

I'm desperately sad I won't be able to see them in London next month! Of all the times they could've have chosen to perform their one-off UK show, they pick the one month I can't get away from work. :cry:

I've already had to pull out of a reunion with some uni mates in London that week, and now this. :x

Everyday I resent my parents more and more. :lol:

For any fans in Ireland they've also got two shows lined up in Dublin and Cork - it'll be the first time they've ever performed there.
"I want a man who's kind and understanding. Is that too much to ask of a millionaire?"
gaz_uk
Superstar

Postby Nava22 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:53 pm

:o I didn't know about this?!!!
"Free me, FreE.M.I!" - sing it Joss!!
Nava22
Manager

Postby StevieFM » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:35 pm

funkingr8 wrote:Anyone going to see them to hear some old school r'n'b??
Interesting that it's being advertised as an 'old school R&B' gig - the flyer for this gig actually namechecks some of the songs that are going to be performed on the night and right enough they're all older ones - Whatta Man, Free Your Mind etc.

Now I have no problem with this, obviously - En Vogue were amazing in the nineties... but am I the only one that would like (in fact, would rather) hear some of their later stuff from Masterpiece Theatre & Soul Flower? Not all of their fans are from the 90's era.
StevieFM
Superstar

Postby SholasBoy » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:31 pm

^^ Yea I guess, but you can see their point, En Vogue were at their peak through the first half of the 90s, and could probably pick up more casual fans that way.
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Postby Nava22 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:40 pm

To me, En Vogue weren't En Vogue without Dawn so I couldn't get into Masterpiece Theatre and to be honest, I never even listened to Soul Flower.
Anyway I do know that they've been performing 'newer' stuff like Riddle and Oh Boy with Dawn in recent gigs so I shouldn't imagine they'd be only doing the 'classic' singles. It would be a pretty short set!
Quite randomly they've also performed Don't Mess With My Man that Dawn did with Lucy Pearl!

damn, I want tickets!!
"Free me, FreE.M.I!" - sing it Joss!!
Nava22
Manager

Postby Benjamin » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:56 pm

Let's turn this topic into a general discussion about En Vogue! :)
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby gaz_uk » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:41 pm

StevieFM wrote:
funkingr8 wrote:Anyone going to see them to hear some old school r'n'b??
Interesting that it's being advertised as an 'old school R&B' gig - the flyer for this gig actually namechecks some of the songs that are going to be performed on the night and right enough they're all older ones - Whatta Man, Free Your Mind etc.

Now I have no problem with this, obviously - En Vogue were amazing in the nineties... but am I the only one that would like (in fact, would rather) hear some of their later stuff from Masterpiece Theatre & Soul Flower? Not all of their fans are from the 90's era.
If it makes any difference at all, En Vogue usually include "Ooh Boy" (from Soul Flower) and "No No No" & "Riddle" (both from Masterpiece Theatre in their shows - as well as the usual classics. I've even heard of them performing "Sad But True" in some of their US shows - albeit not recently.

And yeah, as Shayne has pointed out they're probably just highlighting the "old school" thing because that's really what they're best known for.
"I want a man who's kind and understanding. Is that too much to ask of a millionaire?"
gaz_uk
Superstar

Postby funkingr8 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:49 pm

I guess the Mods changed my post and moved it then!

I would love to hear some tracks they have never performed like Runaway Love but doubt they will.

They are supposedly getting together to record a new album but it just seems to be getting delayed and delayed so who knows???

I'm just glad I can see them perform live once!
funkingr8
Roadie

Postby funkingr8 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:13 am

Link below mentions En Vogue working on new album but pic shows no Dawn, rumours are she is touring with the group but not keen on this particular deal.

She really should just take something to get some exposure back!

http://rufftown.com/?p=1394
funkingr8
Roadie

Postby gaz_uk » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:24 pm

funkingr8 wrote:She really should just take something to get some exposure back!
She really needs to get it into her head that she's nothing without En Vogue and never will be - so she either needs to commit to the group and take what she can or leave for good and stop messing the other girls' around.
gaz_uk
Superstar

Postby funkingr8 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:42 pm

Concert was excellent, so glad I finally got to see them.

Review in B&S via link:

http://www.bluesandsoul.com/live_item/1 ... go_211010/
funkingr8
Roadie

Postby gaz_uk » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:52 pm

Yeah the reviews I've read online have all been very good. They've even got a mention on Perez Hilton, which I didn't expect.

Devastated I wasn't able to see them though. Oh well, maybe in another 18 years they'll be back to do another show. :cry:
gaz_uk
Superstar

Postby gaz_uk » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:55 pm

Apparently Cindy has confirmed via Twitter that Dawn will not be included in the new album, due to reservations she has about their current contractual arrangements. :roll:

As far as I know they will continue to tour together as a foursome for the time-being.

On a brighter note, Shep Crawford tweeted that he was working with En Vogue the other day - which is very exciting news for me as he's one of my favourite R&B producers and I have wanted him to work with En Vogue ever since I heard Tamia's "Stranger In My House"!
gaz_uk
Superstar

Postby GUS » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:35 am

I've been listening to Funky divas lately... Wow! In my opinion this is one of the best girl groups ever!!! :o :o :o
GUS
Superstar

Postby Darsell » Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:46 pm

Has anyone heard this interview from Dawn from last month?

It's such an interesting listen!!

She literally goes into so much detail about the drama during her leaving the group, the drama with Lucy Pearl and why she didn't sign the new contract with En Vogue.

Pt1: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/truepurpos ... e-tabloids

Pt2:
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/truepurpos ... -inspiring
Darsell
Manager

Postby Darsell » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:58 am

Darsell
Manager

Postby RayRay » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:00 pm

Such a shame they parted ways again.

One of my all time favorite girl groups.
RayRay
Superstar

Postby RayRay » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:03 pm

RayRay
Superstar

Postby intosoul » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:55 pm

They are so underrated. One of the best girl groups of all time.
Their harmonies are unbelievable.

Favourite songs: Hold On, Don't Go, Giving Him Something He Can Feel, Give It Up Turn It Loose, Yesterday, Don't Let Go, Right Direction, Damn I Wanna Be Your Lover, Sad But True and Love U Crazay.
intosoul
Superstar

Postby ThaInfo1 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:46 pm

I'm a girl group fanatic but I could never get into them. I prefer the ghetto version of them (Xscape)
SEE.sza.RUN
ThaInfo1
Legend

Postby Merci » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:50 pm

ThaInfo1 wrote:I'm a girl group fanatic but I could never get into them. I prefer the ghetto version of them (Xscape)
not even Riddle?
I'm the terminator, bitch talk slick, I'm a have to terminate her ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Merci
Boss Matsumoto

Postby Noahh » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:09 am

intosoul wrote:They are so underrated. Their harmonies are unbelievable.
I agree.

Though I was never a massive fan of the group, I do truly admire their work.
"I got to do things my own way darling. Will you ever let me? Will you ever respect me? No!"

InstagramLast.fm
Noahh
Legend

Postby muzik_biz_wiz » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:13 am

Love this group but the line-up changes make Sugababes look stable.
Uk the only way
muzik_biz_wiz
Manager

Postby ThaInfo1 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:56 am

Merci wrote:
ThaInfo1 wrote:I'm a girl group fanatic but I could never get into them. I prefer the ghetto version of them (Xscape)
not even Riddle?
Girl no.

Only thing I can somewhat get with is Neva Gonna Get It (Ah Wooooooot Woooooot WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo)
SEE.sza.RUN
ThaInfo1
Legend

Return to General Artists Discussion