James Blake

Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, stevyy, Benjamin

Postby matugama » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:38 pm

He's a new artist, i like this song of his:

the Wilhelm scream:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVgEaDemxjc

couldn't find any threads about him on here.
matugama
Manager

Postby WaitYourTurn » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:41 pm

I love his music. . His new album and his previous remixes (the Kelis one "look I found her red coat" ) are amazing too.
Mother Truckers!!
WaitYourTurn
Manager

Postby skapunk » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:57 am

Amazing songs...great voice...Huge talent. This guy has a lot of potential.
skapunk
Superstar

Postby jszmiles » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:57 am

I didn't know he has done some music before the debut album... I think I should check the stuff...
jszmiles
Legend

Postby jszmiles » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:37 pm

Saw him live yesterday I am totally charmed by the performance! The sound background was so intensive that in some parts his vocal hadnt been heared... but the live version of Wilhelm Scream reworded all little inconvenience...

I really want to see him live again!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO7ftOx42mg
jszmiles
Legend

Postby Virgostar » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:11 am

Gonna bump this cos he has just released his 200 Press EP AND there's a new album coming out next year!

James Blake has been busy working on the follow-up to 2013's Overgrown, and the new album should be ready for release in "about five months."

That's direct from the mouth of the talented Brit himself, who has revealed in a recent interview with Miami New Times that he's "about 70 percent done with it."

As if that wasn't enough great news, Blake also hinted that the new release could feature a collaboration with mutual admirer, Kanye West. Well, maybe... as the artist puts it in his own words.

"I have a lot of respect for [Kanye], for what he has been releasing for years. We haven't done a great deal of work in the same room yet, but we've done a few things, kind of helped each other with our own music."

"In terms of the actual collaboration for this record, it looks like we should be able to get something done. I know that there's a specific song I would like him to be on, and if he can do that by the time my record comes out, that would be fantastic."

An appearance from Mr. West would make a nice spiritual successor to the RZA-starring 'Take A Fall For Me' from Overgrown, the Mercury Prize winning record also featuring a collab with Brian Eno.

Blake say's to expect a major step-up for his third album, "as much as the second [record] was to the first," he says.

"I'm working hard and doing my best - I'm aware that people want to hear this record, so I'm not being complacent... I guess I've taken a focus on the songwriting again, even more closely, and I'm dabbling in some different production techniques, things I've developed."

"A lot of things have changed in my life since the last record, and overall for the better, so I'm in a good place, I think."

Blake has already premiered some new songs in recent months as part of his current BBC Radio 1 residency, such as 'Building It Still', '200 Press', and '40455' (numbers are clearly 'a thing' at this point).

SAUCE
Full 200 Press EP
Let's embrace the point of no return.
Virgostar
Ex-Admin

Postby Serby » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:12 am

I hope Kanye end up on the album! Can't wait for it! :D
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby heppolo » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:52 pm

He's very good and made a name for himself within indie circuits
Waffles are checked cookies