JS | Britney Top 50 {Ultimate Britney song revealed! - pg.5}

Moderators: JSparksFan, tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby jafetsigfinns » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:48 pm

JS Countdowns – The Overview
Countdown 01 | Britney Spears Top 50 – {Ultimate: Baby One More Time; Runner-Up: Inside Out}
Countdown 02 | Lady Gaga Top 25 – {Ultimate: TBA}
Last edited by jafetsigfinns on Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:09 pm, edited 41 times in total.
My Countdown Thread! Now: Britney Spears!
jafetsigfinns
Manager

Postby jafetsigfinns » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:06 pm

The Princess of Pop – Top 50
what will be the number one song?

01. ..Baby One More Time {Baby One More Time; 1999}
02. Inside Out {Femme Fatale; 2011}
03. Toxic {In The Zone; 2004}
04. Oops!.. I Did It Again {Oops!.. I Did It Again; 2000}
05. Piece of Me {Blackout; 2007}
06. Breathe On Me {In The Zone; 2003}
07. Unusual You {Circus; 2008}
08. Gimme More {Blackout; 2007}
09. Someday (I Will Understand) {Britney & Kevin - Chaotic; 2005}
10. Lucky {Oops!.. I Did It Again; 2000}
11. Till The World Ends {Femme Fatale; 2011}
12. Born To Make You Happy {Baby One More Time; 2000}
13. (You Drive Me) Crazy {Baby One More Time; 1999}
14. Overprotected {Britney; 2001}
15. Criminal {Femme Fatale; 2011}
16. Everytime {In The Zone; 2004}
17. Trouble (Donnis Remix) {Circus; 2009}
18. Womanizer {Circus; 2008}
19. Stronger {Oops!.. I Did It Again; 2000}
20. If U Seek Amy {Circus; 2009}
21. Break the Ice {Blackout; 2008}
22. Radar {Blackout/Circus; 2009}
23. Circus {Circus; 2008}
24. I Wanna Go {Femme Fatale; 2011}
25. Get Naked (I Got A Plan) {Blackout; 2007}
26. Hold It Against Me {Femme Fatale; 2011}
-- 26B. Kill the Lights {Circus; 2008} --
27. And Then We Kiss {B In The Mix; 2006}
28. What It's Like To Be Me ft. Justin Timberlake {Britney; 2002}
29. Out from Under {Circus; 2008}
30. He About To Lose Me {Femme Fatale (Deluxe); 2012}
31. Sometimes {..Baby One More Time; 1999}
32. Boys ft Pharrell (The Co-ed Remix) {Britney; 2002}
33. Me Against the Music ft Madonna {In The Zone; 2003}
34. I'm A Slave 4 U {Britney; 2001}
35. Big Fat Bass ft. will.i.am {Femme Fatale; 2011}
36. 3 {The Singles Collection; 2009}
37. Shattered Glass {Circus; 2008}
38. My Prerogative {My Prerogative; 2004}
39. I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman {Britney; 2002}
40. Do Somethin' {My Prerogative; 2004}
41. Hot as Ice {Blackout; 2007}
42. Gasoline {Femme Fatale; 2011}
43. (Drop Dead) Beautiful ft. Sabi {Femme Fatale; 2011}
44. Don't Let Me Be the Last to Know {Oops! I Did It Again; 2001}
45. Seal It With a Kiss {Femme Fatale; 2011}
46. Outrageous {In the Zone; 2004}
47. From the Bottom of My Broken Heart {Baby One More Time; 1999}
48. Anticipating {Britney; 2002}
49. I Love Rock 'N' Roll {Britney; 2002}
50. Trouble for Me {Femme Fatale; 2011}
Last edited by jafetsigfinns on Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:15 am, edited 21 times in total.
jafetsigfinns
Manager

Postby jafetsigfinns » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:07 pm

50. Trouble for Me
“Femme Fatale” – 2011 (Album Track)

Code: Select all
The first casualty of my list, but at the same time the first successful entrant in my top 50, is an album track of Britney’s newest album. It was actually quite hard picking this song because I had 49 tracks lined up and needed one final song to make it a top 50. I knew already that Femme Fatale was definitely my favorite Britney album, so I gave it one more listen to pick the final member of my top 50, which happened to be this song. This track is actually one of, I think, eleven entries from her most recent album; - which is circa 5 more songs than the next-best album.

PERSONAL TOP 100: #84 (3wks)

49. I Love Rock ‘N’ Roll
“Britney” – 2002 (Single :: UK #13)

Here comes the first real entry. This is definitely my least favorite Britney single, but mostly so because I never really liked the original version to begin with. I’m not a fan of when artists release covers as singles, at least not when they’re such blatant in-your-face covers like this one. Everybody knows the original, so there’s no questioning the fact that Britney obviously didn’t write this, and thus it’s a lame single choice. Should’ve gone with WILTBM for sure.

PERSONAL TOP 100: #75 (3wks)

48. Anticipating
“Britney” – 2002 (Single :: failed to chart)

At number 48 is a song that I generally don’t even remember what sounds like. No joke, I keep putting it on, but I always get distracted and forget I’m listening to it so it’s pretty safe to say by my standards that this is a pretty goddamn boring song. I’m actually surprised they released this as a single, and as with ILRNR I think they definitely should’ve gone with What It’s Like To Be Me for the real single here. This was (not surprisingly) a flop, and I don’t remember ever hearing it on the radio even.

PERSONAL TOP 100: #71 (2wks)

47. From the Bottom of My Broken Heart
“..Baby One More Time” – 1999 (Single :: US #14)

Never been a fan of this one; not sure why. I mean, it’s a decent song and all, but it’s just never really gotten through to me for some reason. This is just one of those typical ballads, but in my opinion Britney’s done dozens of way better ballads so I guess I’ll just leave it at that.

PERSONAL TOP 100: #81 (4wks)

46. Outrageous
“In the Zone” – 2004 (Single :: US #79)

Yet another flop of Britney’s. ‘Outrageous’ is a song that, much like ‘Anticipating’, doesn’t really stay in your mind for that long. I haven’t listened to it since I finalized this list a couple of days ago, and I seriously can’t even remember the melody for the life of me. Just like in the case of ‘Anticipating’, I think Britney could’ve chosen a much better single in the form of ‘Breathe on Me’ which would’ve slayed, at least in Europe.

PERSONAL TOP 100: #66 (5wks)
Last edited by jafetsigfinns on Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.
jafetsigfinns
Manager

Postby JSparksFan » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:30 pm

"Trouble For Me" is pretty fantastic and one of my faves from Femme Fatale so I'm glad to see it make your Top 50. I think Britney's voice on this is super sexy and I love the bridge, Kiss, kiss, tip your glass, I'll do whatever you ask for, but if you want my love, you can only find it on the dancefloor. 8.5/10.

I actually didn't hear the original "I Love Rock 'N' Roll" until after Britney covered it and contrary to popular opinion, I actually think she did a pretty good job. It's not her best cover though. 8/10.

I guess I'd have to agree with you that "Anticipating" is a bit forgettable but it's got such a cute 80's vibe about it and the chorus is so pretty. 8/10.

"From The Bottom of My Broken Heart" is a Britney ballad that tends to get overlooked but I think it's rather good. Brit's vocals are pretty strong (by her own standards) and I definitely think it made a good single choice. 8.5/10.

"Outrageous" tends to get a lot of hate but it isn't really that bad. It's definitely a bit repetitive though but a lot of Pop songs tend to be. 8/10.
Aretha Franklin was an angel. Her voice helped lift our spirits and at times gave us the soundtrack to cope with our pain.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby jpguy » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:49 pm

Indeed, I Love Rock n Roll is atrocious!
::: Christina Aguilera - Liberation IS COMING 6.15.18 :::
jpguy
Legend

Postby jafetsigfinns » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:02 am

Thanks for the comments, guys! (especially you JSparksFan, you really put some effort into yours! :o )

The next five will be up soon! :D
jafetsigfinns
Manager

Postby toni_pest » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:04 am

I Love Rock n Roll - Loved the original, Britney kinda ruined it.

Outrageous - great song, shame it never got the official video.
:)
toni_pest
Coming Soon

Postby GoodBoyGoneBad » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:23 am

I Love Rock ‘N’ Roll gets always a lot of hate... but I love it! 8-)
GoodBoyGoneBad
Louise Oriole

Postby jafetsigfinns » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:30 pm

45. Seal It With A Kiss

Ooh yay here’s one that I actually like! This is where the rounding down gets tough as I’m done with my cannon fodder, haha. SIWAK is one of many Femme Fatale songs on this countdown, and for a good reason as I absolutely love that album. It’s a cute little pop ditty that stays in your head for a while after listening. Even though I love it, though, it would not have fared well as a single. I’m really glad Cajjmere Wray remixed it though, otherwise it probably wouldn’t even have entered my top 50.

44. Don’t Let Me Be the Last to Know
“Oops!.. I Did It Again” – 2001 (Single :: US #12 / UK #12)

Oh my, this lady sure has a lot of ballads doesn’t she? The only thing is most of them sound rather much alike, or at least that’s the case with older ballads.  DLMBTLTK (what a title lmao) did quite alright around the world back in 2001, but still not as well as the previous three singles off of the album (‘Oops’, ‘Lucky’ and ‘Stronger’) and it’s for a reason: it’s very forgettable. The song is very bland, and very generic so it’s really nothing you haven’t heard before.

43. (Drop Dead) Beautiful ft. Sabi

Here’s a song that I absolutely hated at first. I didn’t understand why everybody loved it so much, and when it entered the poll for Brit’s fourth single (along with ‘Inside Out’ and ‘Criminal’) I got furious ‘cause I was so scared that it would get picked as a single. However, one day, it suddenly grew on me. I already love Sabi, so I thought it was a great idea for those two to collab, but I just wasn’t feeling this song at first. I now absolutely love it, though, so there’s no turning back from here.

42. Gasoline

Unlike ‘Drop Dead’, this song didn’t really need to grow on me. I overlooked it when I first listened to the album, but when I stumbled upon the ‘M&S’ remix of the song (which is basically just an extended version with a lil’ bit more bass) I fell in love instantly! I thought to myself, “how the hell did I overlook this gem?” It’s got such a dance-inducing beat and it’s practically impossible not to want to just move your body like a crazy person when this comes on! (Especially if you know the lyrics!)

41. Hot as Ice
“Blackout” – 2007 (Album Track)

So after the recent massacre of ‘Femme Fatale’ tracks on this list, it’s time for another album track; this time it’s from Britney’s fifth studio album: ‘Blackout’! I’ve loved this song since the album came out, though it’s more of a guilty pleasure than something I listen to with my friends. It’s got an insanely catchy chorus, and lyrics that only Britney would sing: “cause you’re ooh cold as fire baby/hot as ice!” That doesn’t really make sense now does it? But I still love it, and Blackout is definitely such an underrated album so keep an eye out for more Blackout songs!
jafetsigfinns
Manager

Postby jafetsigfinns » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:35 pm

Next five..
* 4 singles
* 1 album track
* 1 song from Circus
* 1 song from Britney
* 3 non-studio album songs

Also, you can suggest other artists countdowns which I will then do after this one! It really doesn't matter which artist you suggest - if I have even one song with them in my iTunes, I will do the countdown (even if it's only the top 3 songs hahah!)
jafetsigfinns
Manager

Postby JSparksFan » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:39 pm

Seal It With A Kiss: 9/10 - This song is so sexy. I love the flirtatious lyrics. Say you're just a friend, I'm a little liar, when we play pretend, body is on fire. It was definitely one of the standout tracks when I first spun Femme Fatale and I still love it more than a year later.

Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know: 7.5/10 - I know many people might write this off as just another sappy love ballad but it's actually not half-bad. Brit looks absolutely gorgeous in the music video too. #Sexyney

(Drop Dead) Beautiful: 8.5/10 - When I first heard this, I remember going crazy over the line, Your body looks so sick, I think I caught the flu. I died and went to heaven at that line. It's so...Britney! :lol: Admittedly, I don't love the song now as much as I loved it then but it's still pretty good. I think I might have overplayed it though. :-?

Gasoline: 7/10 - This is actually one of my three least faves from Femme Fatale (the other two being "How I Roll" and "Trip To Your Heart"). It's good but it doesn't have that special "oomph" that my fave Britney tracks do.

Hot As Ice: 9.5/10 - Now this song has that "oomph" factor I just mentioned! It's nearly flawless. The lyrics, the beat, the attitude, everything is just amazing. It's definitely one of Brit's most legendary non-singles.
Aretha Franklin was an angel. Her voice helped lift our spirits and at times gave us the soundtrack to cope with our pain.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Shorty » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:13 am

Yo you :wink: I used to love commenting on your retro pop charts :lol:

Nice to see another Britney countdown :D I love countdowns where I know all the songs! I tend to love album tracks more then singles.

Here's my opinions (lol the long winded posts are back...):

Trouble For Me: I need to listen to Femme Fatale way more I just realised. I hardly listen to anything from it but my faves. I just put this on and it's catchy though 8-)

I Love Rock N Roll: I agree with you, I never liked this either. I would always skip it whenever I played the Britney album.

Anticipating: I'm sure this only came out in France and that's it? But yeah, it's a bit forgettable. But still cute and loads of fun :D

FTBOMBH: I always preferred Born To Make You Happy over this one. Back when the ...Baby album came out I was like 12 and I didn't like long dull ballads :lol: I appreciate it more now these days though.

Outrageous: This is more like it 8-) I love this song! I think it has really cool lyrics and it's really catchy!

Seal It With A Kiss: Again, not a favourite on FF but it's still really good.

DLMBTLTK: LOL Britney and her long song titles... haha. Anyway I do like this song, but it's a bit dull. Love the video though xD

(Drop Dead) Beautiful: WOO one of my faves on FF :D This is so catchy and I love Sabi's part!

Gasoline: This was one of my first faves from FF and unlike everybody else I still love it! It's so catchy and the lyrics are awesome.

Hot As Ice: I'm not a huge fan of the Blackout album, but this is definitely one of the highlights! A hot track!
I've now met Dean Ambrose FOUR TIMES - 28/03/15, 02/04/16, 20/08/16 & 01/04/17!!
Shorty
Resident WWE Fan

Postby Tiger » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:51 am

47. From the Bottom of My Broken Heart
48. Anticipating

Anticapaying
These foolish games are tearing me apart

My CHART
Tiger
Lover Of (Mostly) Everything Pop

Postby jafetsigfinns » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:32 am

Thanks a lot for your comments guys, especially JSparksFan and Shorty for your long and detailed comments, I REALLY appreciate them! :D Next 5 coming up :)
jafetsigfinns
Manager

Postby jafetsigfinns » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:39 am

40. Do Somethin'
"Greatest Hits: My Prerogative" – 2005 (Single :: #6 | US #100)

I am still shocked that I didn't even hear this song until more than a year after its' release as a single. I still have no idea how that happened though because I'm a huge Britney fan (as you can see with this Top 50 list), but this song had absolutely NO impact on the charts or radio in Iceland. Since then I have of course listened to this song, and do like it quite a bit (which explains its' appearance on this list), but I don't really think it brings anything special to the table so I can't force myself to bring it any higher than at no. 40!

39. I'm Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman
"Britney" – 2002 (Single/Soundtrack :: UK #2 | US Pop #21)

I was initially going to put this way lower on my list because of two reasons: I usually hate movie soundtrack songs, and also because the movie itself sucked donkeyballs lmao. However, after giving it a listen without even looking at the video, I realized the song itself is a quality tune, and I kinda love the chorus so I had to bump it up a bit higher. The song itself however is kinda flat when it comes down to the nitty gritty, and doesn't really have a lot to keep it afloat. Still, I remember this song since back in 2002 (when I was 12), and I do remember hating it back then hahah. Times have changed.

38. My Prerogative
"Greatest Hits: My Prerogative" – 2005 (Single :: UK #3 | US Pop #22)

Oh yes, another one of Britney's covers. This time covering Whitney's ex-husband Bobby Brown and one of his biggest hits to date. I've never really been a huge fan of this song, but mostly probably because this didn't really make a lot of impact in Iceland back in 2004. I can always enjoy this though, and if it came on the radio I'd be sure to sing along with it because alright I'll admit it - this is a huge guilty pleasure! I just think there's 37 better Britney songs when it comes down to it!

37. Shattered Glass
"Circus" – 2008 (Album Track)

Finally, the first song from Circus finally arrives, and it's in the form of infectious little pop ditty 'Shattered Glass'! This is pretty much everything a typical Britney song from the later part of the noughties would have (especially the gla-iee-aass part haha), but I guess that's what I love about it! It's simple and easy to sing along to, and the beat is really good. I actually think that this song could've done allright on the charts with the right promotion and music video, but I guess we'll never find out!

36. 3
"The Singles Collection" – 2009 (Single :: US #1 | UK #7)

Oh how can one not love the simplicity of Britney sometimes! '3' is basically about having a threesome, but oblivious high schoolers wouldn't even know that and would probably think she's singing about her love of the number 3 lmao. This is a side of Britney that I love though, when she disguises her songs as something innocent while actually hiding away a much naughtier alterior motive. '3' only reaches no. 36 however, because the repetitiveness of the song quickly starts to get on your nerves, which explains why it didn't stick to any chart for more than 20 weeks.
jafetsigfinns
Manager

Postby JSparksFan » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:01 pm

Do Somethin': 8/10 - This is one of those Britney singles that tend to get overlooked and it's pretty easy to see why as it definitely pales in comparison to some of her bigger production numbers. Cute chorus and video though.

I'm Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman: 9.5/10 - I'm usually not a fan of Britney's ballads, but this is far and away her best one. I think it matched the theme of Crossroads (which is actually not a bad film) perfectly and I think millions of teenagers and young adults can relate to this one.

My Prerogative: 9.5/10 - Fierce cover! Britney delivers this one with such passion! Everybody's talking all this stuff about me, why don't they just let me live? I don't need permission, make my own decisions, that's my prerogative. It described her relationship with the media perfectly and though I think "Piece of Me" is a tad better retaliation song than this one, I believe the cover is way better than the original.

Shattered Glass: 8/10 - As you noted, the song has a great beat and I absolutely adore the chorus. It's not the strongest Circus has to deliver so I'm excited to see what from that album you've ranked higher up.

3: 9.5/10 - I totally get what you mean by Britney disguising risque songs! She did the same thing with "If U Seek Amy" and I think it's part of her charm, how she can make practically anything sexual sound like kiddy stuff. As for "3", I absolutely loathed it on the first listen but it grew on me because of its playfulness and sexy lyrics. Catchy chorus too.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby toni_pest » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:03 pm

Do Somethin', My Prerogative and Shattered Glass all should be a lot higher!
:)
toni_pest
Coming Soon

Postby jafetsigfinns » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:33 pm

Thanks for the comments guys! So happy to see your detailed comments as always JSparksFan :D Sorry that you disagree with my chart, toni_pest :(
jafetsigfinns
Manager

Postby jafetsigfinns » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:41 am

Any more comments? Next five probably wont be up until tomorrow cause it's crazy at work :( But imma try to put it up in about an hour maybe
jafetsigfinns
Manager

Postby Tiger » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:31 pm

39. I'm Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman
40. Do Somethin'

Do Somethin is underrated
These foolish games are tearing me apart

My CHART
Tiger
Lover Of (Mostly) Everything Pop

Postby JSparksFan » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:55 pm

You should totally do a Rihanna Top 50 next. :wink:
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby jafetsigfinns » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:59 pm

If it gets the most votes then I will! :D
jafetsigfinns
Manager

Postby GoodBoyGoneBad » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:22 pm

Do Somethin' is so much fun!

I voted for the Rihanna countdown.
GoodBoyGoneBad
Louise Oriole

Postby jafetsigfinns » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:55 pm

35. Big Fat Bass ft. will.i.am
"Femme Fatale" – 2011 (Album Track)

Now we're getting to the songs that I actually love, and listen to regularly! BFB is one of those songs. I know some people might not like it because of will.i.am, or his robotic voice in this song, but I for one love it! Would've been interesting to see a music video to this track, and the club mixes would've been off the hook, but for now I'll just have to settle for the original which is still awesome anyway.

34. I'm A Slave 4 U
"Britney" – 2001 (Single :: UK #4 | US #27)

Oh man this is one of those classic Britney songs that everybody remembers hearing years and years ago. It was the turning point from which Ms. Spears went from this innocent little school girl to every man's fantasy! IAS4U also signifies the point where Britney showed her versatility, because this was definitely not a safe choice at all. That may have showed a little bit on the charts, but all in all, everybody remembers being Brit's 'Slave'.

33. Me Against the Music ft. Madonna
"In The Zone" – 2003 (Single :: UK #2 | US #35)

This is gonna get on some people's nerves, because lets face it - this is one of Britney's career highlights! She sang with the legend herself (and french kissed her, too!) in a song that reached the top spot in what seemed like every. single. country! This may be the reason why I put it so low, because for me it wasn't exactly what I would've expected coming from these two pop goddesses! This seemed too manifactured for my taste, but while I still enjoy listening to it, I don't feel like it deserves a spot in my top 30!

32. Boys ft. Pharrell
"Britney" – 2002 (Single :: UK #7 | US Pop #32)

Damn are these Britney collabs coming crashing down or what?! 'Boys' was on the soundtrack of Goldmember, but thankfully wasn't just written for that movie. The video features the skinny kid from 'The New Guy' as well as the ever-so-hot Pharrell (who also features on the song), but those are two of the few things that linger in my mind over this song. The beat is awesome, and it's so 2002 that it almost hurts, but like happens often with these popular artists, the song's popularity was what almost ruined it for me.

31. Sometimes
"..Baby One More Time" – 1999 (Single :: UK #3 | US #21)

I don't know why, but I feel like this song always gets forgotten! It's so freakin' underrated, but still it managed to peak inside the top 10 in most European countries. It's only her second single and I think it's one of her best ballads to date, and it actually ages really well in my opinion! However, it is rather generic and does easily fall behind other more agressive Britney songs, and I think mostly falls in the runner-up spot for people rather than somebody's favorite, which is why it ends up at no. 31!
jafetsigfinns
Manager

Postby arab » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:44 pm

Big Fat T!t*? I'm really surprised it's on your list :P :P
I'd put "3" higher than top 40 :P
arab
Coldplayer

Return to Personal Charts