User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lady Gaga #1 on Guinness World Record's 2015 Pop Power Index

Manager
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reminiscing about life with smokey eyes.

Legend
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 10-09-14, 09:41

legend. and since when is your avatar a .gif

Manager
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 10-09-14, 10:17

I changed it so that you can keep me on your mind.

Legend
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 10-09-14, 10:24

But 8 of the acts below her (bar Shakira) are more popular than her. So um.

Legend
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 10-09-14, 12:08

Her peak was really big, probably biggest since Madonna's 80s, she was global phenomen, so i understand why

Older acts didnt have youtube and social networks but Queen is still on the list

Legend
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 10-09-14, 13:08

you mean biggest since Britneymania? I agreed Gaga's The Fame/The Fame Monster time was really one of the few biggest eras from females artist!

Britney and Madonna would be much much higher if there was social media in their peaks moments.

Legend
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 10-09-14, 13:49

Gaga can add this accolade to her declining sales
    | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Legend
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 10-09-14, 13:50

Quote Originally Posted by nickf1
    you mean biggest since Britneymania? I agreed Gaga's The Fame/The Fame Monster time was really one of the few biggest eras from females artist!

Britney and Madonna would be much much higher if there was social media in their peaks moments.
    Britney as brand was big, but as era i dont think so, it had only one global smash (gaga had jd, pf, bd) the fame/m + monster ep in few countries = 17/18.000.000 in this time is much bigger than +20.000.000 15 years ago when album sales were big (tfm outsold baby everywhere except in us so it was bigger)

Era was bigger than baby era, britney as brand i dont know, maybe no

Legend
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 10-09-14, 13:58

Britney was easily the biggest popstar since Madonna, her whole peak was flawless, after scoring the biggest female debut of all time with "Baby one more time" she broke records again with "Oops I did it again" and had 2 back to back Diamonds albums, she ruled the world, the Britneymania back then was way stronger and bigger than the ones we see today, and IMO she was the last huge popstar that was produced in the business.

Gaga, had a huge debut that required re-releases / Re-editions to force sales, and her peak was short lived, by the time "Born this way" arrived it wasn't at all an "Oops I did it again".

The biggest female music artist since Britney is definately Adele
    Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Legend
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 10-09-14, 14:00

everyone had the album bomt. Why buying singles?

anyway. That list is a bad joke

Legend
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 10-09-14, 14:05

Quote Originally Posted by MrLeonix
    Britney was easily the biggest popstar since Madonna, her whole peak was flawless, after scoring the biggest female debut of all time with "Baby one more time" she broke records again with "Oops I did it again" and had 2 back to back Diamonds albums, she ruled the world, the Britneymania back then was way stronger and bigger than the ones we see today, and IMO she was the last huge popstar that was produced in the business.

Gaga, had a huge debut that required re-releases / Re-editions to force sales, and her peak was short lived, by the time "Born this way" arrived it wasn't at all an "Oops I did it again".

The biggest female music artist since Britney is definately Adele
    The fame was already over 10.000.000 when it was released and it was top ten eveywhere before tfm was released so that argument is invalid

When its all said and done tfm sales are much imressive for the time it was released, imagine if it was released in 1999 with smashes like jd, pf, lg, papa, maybe over 30.000.000?

It wasnt at all oops and still was the 2nd best selling album of the year giving her critical acclaim (something britney lacked on her first albums) and not to mention it wasn't tfm pt. 2 like oops was ;)

Legend
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 10-09-14, 14:20

^ Oops I did it again received sligthly better critical reception than Born this way and had more memorable hits around the globe as well. As well as huge pop impact.

Metacritic

Oops I did it again - 72 / 100

Born this way - 71 / 100

However, we're not talking about the quality of the albums, we're just talking about peaks. Anything after Britney can rival to her huge peak.
    Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Legend
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 10-09-14, 14:23

5 years after her debut, Britney released this

5 years after her debut, Germanotta released this

I rest my case.

PS: I'm thankful Beyoncé's not on this unworthy list.
    "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Legend
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 10-09-14, 14:31

^ Oops I did it again received sligthly better critical reception than Born this way and had more memorable hits around the globe as well. As well as huge pop impact.

Metacritic

Oops I did it again - 72 / 100

Born this way - 71 / 100

However, we're not talking about the quality of the albums, we're just talking about peaks. Anything after Britney can rival to her huge peak.
    33 reviews vs 11 , sp its not comparable

My point was: britney bigger as brand
    Gaga's era bigger, she sold less only in us, had bigger hits from one first album, also amazing sales for singles when in 1999 if people liked few singles they would probably buy album and that's why single sales were low overall , Gaga also recieved grammies etc.

@hugo: i dont know what you're reading my we're talking about debut era not 5 years into their careers

Legend
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 10-09-14, 14:33

@Hugo I agree , 5 years after her debut Britney was getting huge acclaimed hits with "Toxic" and "Everytime" , Gaga was releasing fiascos like "Do what U want" and "G.U.Y"

Legend
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 10-09-14, 14:36

Quote Originally Posted by Westen
    @hugo: i dont know what you're reading my we're talking about debut era not 5 years into their careers
    We're talking about PEAKs, you only focus on debut album because that was the only time Gaga was hot is another story, Britney's peak was more than BOMT

Legend
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 10-09-14, 14:39

Even Gaga herself knows that Britney was bigger than her in ALL aspects.

EDIT: Not appropriate for UKMIX.
    Forever Young

Legend
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 10-09-14, 14:43

I think hugo was on Britney's side with that post

Although, I still think ARTPOP is not as bad as its reputation suggests, and would take it over any Britney album (or the very popular The Fame for that matter). But oh well.

If Gaga had handled the era normally (like she started with Applause, before the DWUW/label shite), the success would have been bigger and everyone would be raving about how great the album is.

Manager
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 10-09-14, 15:29

How do we even know if this list is legit? I ask because it just look like someone took a picture of something.

Stan Wars

I love Ukmix

"This list is a flop, unworthy, joke"

Insert their faves name at the top, MY QUEEN SLAYING

How unworthy is it now.
    The winds might blow through me
    But I don't care

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 10-09-14, 15:32

Sorry for the language but
    Gaga aint attractive at all she looks kinda like an old cougar mostly.. like those with botox on their faces i found her attractive tho during the Fame era.. she should be more like that
    MY PERSONAL CHARTS
    NA NA NA NA OH OH

Manager
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 10-09-14, 15:53

Quote Originally Posted by Loki0012
    Sorry for the language but
    Gaga aint attractive at all she looks kinda like an old cougar mostly.. like those with botox on their faces i found her attractive tho during the Fame era.. she should be more like that
    No
    The winds might blow through me
    But I don't care

Legend
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 10-09-14, 16:30

We're talking about PEAKs, you only focus on debut album because that was the only time Gaga was hot is another story, Britney's peak was more than BOMT
    When i started talking about my opinion i talked only about debut era, so once again twisting my words and changing topic

I just hope in 10 years gaga wont be in britney's place , we all know how good bj is

And what fiasco with dwuw? Top 10 peaks around the world without video? And guy is her first fiasco, britney had fiasco on her first album (from the bottom of my broken heart, she also had it on second dont let me be the last to know)

Legend
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 10-09-14, 16:32

Quote Originally Posted by mrlemonade
    I think hugo was on Britney's side with that post

Although, I still think ARTPOP is not as bad as its reputation suggests, and would take it over any Britney album (or the very popular The Fame for that matter). But oh well.

If Gaga had handled the era normally (like she started with Applause, before the DWUW/label shite), the success would have been bigger and everyone would be raving about how great the album is.
    This, if album sold more im sure they would all be raving about it here, its always like that... Nost people care only for success and if it flops they decide it's bad because it flopped

Legend
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 10-09-14, 16:45

When i started talking about my opinion i talked only about debut era, so once again twisting my words and changing topic

I just hope in 10 years gaga wont be in britney's place , we all know how good bj is

And what fiasco with dwuw? Top 10 peaks around the world without video? And guy is her first fiasco, britney had fiasco on her first album (from the bottom of my broken heart, she also had it on second dont let me be the last to know)

love me some bj
    Forever Young

Manager
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 10-09-14, 16:52

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyLover21
    How do we even know if this list is legit? I ask because it just look like someone took a picture of something.

Stan Wars

I love Ukmix

"This list is a flop, unworthy, joke"

Insert their faves name at the top, MY QUEEN SLAYING

How unworthy is it now.

Did you check the link I posted in the OP?

Several pictures have been posted of this list and that guy is a record holder and got an advance copy.

I thought it was fake too. It literally looks like something from 2010.