User Tag List

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (spoilers)

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue April 12th, 2016, 11:31

I was the biggest Potterhead for so long and it litereally was my childhood and it pains me to say I'm really not impressed so far :(
    BS:TS:IA:NM

Legend
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue April 12th, 2016, 11:31

Not too sure about Eddie Redmayne being the lead but i'm still excited. Hope it's as epic as i expect

Legend
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun July 24th, 2016, 10:44

The new trailer does look great! So many fantastic beasts have already been shown!

However, even though I want to watch it, I think that the story doesn't really click with me. I really hope that there is a very good twist in the plot and some kind of a dark wizzard of anything. I don't want to have three movies with a random wizzard posse looking for some creatures xD

Legend
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Legend
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun July 24th, 2016, 11:00

Colin Farrell is giving me Minority Report teas, I LOVE IT!!!

Legend
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun July 24th, 2016, 12:18

This is looking to be surprisingly great!

Legend
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed August 3rd, 2016, 17:05

'Fantastic Beasts' Sequel in the Works, Release Date Set

With Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them just a little over three months away from hitting theaters, Warner Bros. has announced its plans for a sequel, which the studio has dated for Nov. 16, 2018.
    The first film, which will bow Nov. 18 and is being dubbed a spinoff of the studio's hugely successful Harry Potter franchise, marks author J.K. Rowling's return to the big screen. The Harry Potter author wrote the Fantastic Beasts screenplay, which delves back into the wizarding world made famous by Rowling's seven books that were turned into eight films.
    Rowling, who made her screenwriting debut on the first film, is penning the sequel, which will move deeper into an increasingly dark time for the wizarding world, where Newt Scamander and the story's other heroes have to decide on their allegiances.
    Director David Yates, who directed the final four Harry Potter films as well as Fantastic Beasts, will return to the director's chair for the sequel, which brings back producers David Heyman, Rowling, Steve Kloves and Lionel Wigram. Neil Blair, Rick Senat and Danny Cohen will serve as executive producers. Though Warner Bros. made no mention of Fantastic Beasts stars like Eddie Redmayne, Ezra Miller and Katherine Waterston, all are expected to return for the second outing.
    The announcement was made by Warner Bros.' Greg Silverman, president of creative development and worldwide production, and Sue Kroll, president of worldwide marketing and distribution.
    The move comes as Rowling’s world of wizards and magic continues to expand. The new play, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts One and Two, opened this past weekend to rave reviews in London, creating a frenzy with sold-out performances. The script of the play, just published, has already sold 2 million copies in two days, according to Scholastic. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme parks at Universal Studios in Orlando, Hollywood and Osaka, Japan, are drawing record crowds. And Warner Bros. Studio Tour London -- The Making of Harry Potter is now online and generating robust business.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v ... ase-916818

Legend
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Legend
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri October 14th, 2016, 19:15

It has been announced that the trilogy will be extended to five movies in total!!

https://mobile.twitter.com/FantasticBea ... wsrc%5Etfw

Legend
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Legend
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri October 14th, 2016, 20:02

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo
    Fantastic Beasts: J.K. Rowling reveals the American word for 'Muggle'

American wizards have a completely different word for “Muggle.”

Next year’s Harry Potter prequel film Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them is set in 1926 New York, where the wizarding community uses another term entirely for people without magical powers.

In shifting the franchise away from the U.K., author J.K. Rowling — who also wrote the movie’s screenplay — is poised to introduce several new words into the Potterverse lexicon, and the most significant might be what Stateside wizards say instead of Muggle: “No-Maj” (pronounced “no madge,” as in “no magic”).

The blunt-sounding, hyphenated U.S. shorthand is used frequently by American wizards in the film, where English magizoologist Newt Scamander (Eddie Redmayne) comes to New York and has all sorts of adventures.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/11/04/fa ... can-muggle
    Love it, so ratchet!!!
    Poor Madonna :(
    Cha Cha Instructor

Legend
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Legend
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri October 14th, 2016, 20:11

Quote Originally Posted by Noahh
    Grindelwald, yassss.
    Grindlewald? Why does his name pop up now?

Legend
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri October 14th, 2016, 20:26

It's set in the time he was at large, right?

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri October 14th, 2016, 20:39

So I wasn't excited about this film's premise originally but now I'm really won over and I can't fuckin wait
    BS:TS:IA:NM

Legend
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri October 14th, 2016, 20:48

Quote Originally Posted by Mainshow
    Quote Originally Posted by Noahh
    Grindelwald, yassss.
    Grindlewald? Why does his name pop up now?
    It's been confirmed both he and Dumbledore will be part of this series. So it will probably feature their battle/war.
    "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Legend
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri October 14th, 2016, 22:27

I can't believe this is coming next month, I feel like there's no hype.

Legend
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri October 14th, 2016, 22:33

JK Rowling plans five Fantastic Beasts films

Harry Potter author JK Rowling has said she has planned scripts for a total of five Fantastic Beasts films.
    The first movie, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - which marks Rowling's debut as a screenwriter - is released on 17 November.
    A sequel had already been confirmed by Warner Bros, but Rowling made her new announcement at a promotional event in London's Leicester Square.
    She said that she was "pretty sure" the story would unfold over five films.
    The Fantastic Beasts film is set in New York, and tells the story of a fictional author mentioned in the Harry Potter stories.
    Eddie Redmayne plays the part of the animal-loving Newt Scamander, who visits New York's secret community of witches and wizards. The film is set 70 years before Harry Potter reads his book in the Hogwarts school.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-37651586

Legend
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri October 14th, 2016, 23:02

I am so freaking excited for this now, especially after learning that it has been extended to 5 films

*The below comments on things already published and announced (years ago) about characters that feature in the film (in some capacity) - but if you aren't a Potterhead then they may be considered spoilers*

I am very excited by the hints that the story will explore Grindelwald's rise to power. The film is set in 1926 - Dumbledore is 46 and its roughly 26 years since Albus and Gellert outlined their plans for muggle suppression and wizard dominance, so Grindelwald must be well on his way to becoming an evil dark wizard. I know she exaggerates, but in the Harry Potter books Rita Skeeter claimed Grindelwald was only ever second to Voldemort.

Dumbledore largely ignored Grindelwald's evil, but they had their famous wizard duel in 1945. JKR confirmed years ago that the year of this duel isn't random, and that it was completely intentional that Grindelwald was defeated the same year World War II ended. If this is the story these films will tell, then the 5 films should cover at least a 19 year period.

But muggle suppression wasn't all Grindelwald was interested in. I am happy to admit I was incredibly excited to see the deathly hallows symbol appear in the latest trailer! We all know that Grindelwald managed to obtain just 1 hallow (the stone being with the Gaunts and the cloak with the Potters) and we know (and have seen) that he won the wand when he stole is from Gregorovitch - but we don't know which year.

The question is, how does all tie in with magical beasts and Newt Scamander? Fantastic Beast was commissioned in 1918 and published in 1927, meaning there is no way the film covers just his search for animals for his book, because the time frame is presumably too short if we're starting off in 1926. Randomly, this film has no subs title, so we don't actually know if sequels will even be named FBAWTFT.

But based on the fact it's Grindelwald based too, I can only assume Grindelwald is using magical animals as tools and weapons and that poor Newt will get stuck in the middle of it all. I'm interested to see if they link any battles from WWII to wizarding battles and magical beasts.

I still think there's scope for other characters to eventually appear too - I really want to see Bathilda Bagshot and a younger professor McGonnagall. I wouldn't be surprised if she throws a spanner into them for the fandom, and introduce a Potter, Weasley, Malfoy or Granger at some point (which would be interesting, as Hermione never knew any family member that was also magical).
    SLOW DOWN PAPI... NO MEN IN ME.

Legend
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Legend
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun October 30th, 2016, 01:43

It somehow seems that there's no hype around this.

Legend
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun October 30th, 2016, 04:36

I kind of agree, it comes out in less than three weeks, where's the marketing?!

I'm sure it's probably coming and very soon, but HP had massive marketing campaigns and I'm not sure why this would be any different, it's an almost surefire hit.

Legend
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun October 30th, 2016, 11:07

Why spend money on advertising something people will go to see?
    SLOW DOWN PAPI... NO MEN IN ME.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon October 31st, 2016, 19:45

I'm slowly getting super excited for this!
    5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018