93 Post(s)

by » Thu January 8th, 2015, 16:43

For me WIFLFAG is one of her weakest songs ever

Superstar
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

by » Thu January 8th, 2015, 22:07

Quote Originally Posted by GetBack
    "American Pie" is underrated, it's actually a great remake. I don't understand her hate towards it. :-? :-?
    Exactly! It's a great cover
    Haven't been early since '88

Legend
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)

by » Thu January 8th, 2015, 23:34

American Pie is the worst song on the album for me
    I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Legend
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

by » Thu January 8th, 2015, 23:51

"Nobody's Perfect" is the weakest song for me.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

by » Fri January 9th, 2015, 00:49

Quote Originally Posted by Westen
    For me WIFLFAG is one of her weakest songs ever

I think the album version is really sweet. The remix version is amazing as is the video.
    It might sound like I'm an unapologetic bitch
    But sometimes you know I gotta call it like it is

by » Fri January 9th, 2015, 00:56

"What it feels like for a girl" (album version) is stunning. And "Don't tell me" was the obvious and best choice second single choice, brilliant song, probably the best single she released in the 00s decade.
    Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Legend
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)

by » Fri January 9th, 2015, 00:57

I loved DTM when it was released but now it's one of the weakest songs from album and sing;es in 00s

by » Fri January 9th, 2015, 01:04

I was the opposite, I wasn't crazy about "Don't tell me" when it first came out, but I started to appreciate it more when I got older and after almost 15 years it sounds amazing and fresh and somehow became my favorite single by her from the 00s decade. The music video was also stunning it was pure visual art.

The weakest song on the album to me must be "Runaway lover", I like it a lot but I prefer the other songs more.

I really loved the "Music" period.
    Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Legend
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

by » Fri January 9th, 2015, 01:09

Everything about "Don't Tell Me" was amazing, it was one of the last times that she was cool to the young crowd without having to try so hard.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

by » Fri January 9th, 2015, 01:11

Quote Originally Posted by MrLeonix

This.
    No one mentions 'Amazing', which is maybe because it's often called 'Beautiful Stranger 2.0' , but Its also one of my favourites. Aside from the singles the particular standouts for me would be Paradise(Not For Me) and 'Nobody's Perfect'. But personally I think this is one of her best albums, probably just missing my Top 5 though.
    It might sound like I'm an unapologetic bitch
    But sometimes you know I gotta call it like it is

Legend
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)

by » Fri January 9th, 2015, 01:13

Quote Originally Posted by GetBack
    Everything about "Don't Tell Me" was amazing, it was one of the last times that she was cool to the young crowd without having to try so hard.
    SHe was cool during COnfessions era too

But i agree about Music era, it was amazing

by » Fri January 9th, 2015, 01:22

Quote Originally Posted by Madgefan
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLeonix

This.
    No one mentions 'Amazing', which is maybe because it's often called 'Beautiful Stranger 2.0' , but Its also one of my favourites. Aside from the singles the particular standouts for me would be Paradise(Not For Me) and 'Nobody's Perfect'. But personally I think this is one of her best albums, probably just missing my Top 5 though.
    "Amazing" is flawless one of my favorites on the album, no one mentions it because the songs are so good that its so f*cking hard to decide which songs to talk about

Legend
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

by » Fri January 9th, 2015, 01:24

By the way, "Don't Tell Me" was so robbed at the 2001 MTV VMAs! I was rooting for that and Janet's "All for You" to win Best Female Video but it lost to Eve and Gwen Stefani's "Let Me Blow Ya Mind" video! :evil: :evil:

Superstar
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)

by » Fri January 9th, 2015, 01:34

I even can't at anyone thinking DTM is bad. Seriously the best single and most likely song on Music. The song I'm sad about never being a single is definitely Gone. And I Deserve It.
    I have received many gifts from God,
    but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

by » Fri January 9th, 2015, 03:41

Amazing is so underrated. It's exactly what it says it is.

Anyone know why Liquid Love was left off the album? I know she said in some interview that it gave her 'the wrong tingles' or something, but did she say anything else about it? It sounds in sync with the other opening songs of the album: Music, Impressive Instant and Runaway Lover, so I can't really see why it wasn't included. I definitely don't think it's a filler track; it's dreamy, catchy and memorable, plus she sounds really good on it.

by » Fri January 9th, 2015, 10:20

I love the intro to "Liquid Love". It's not one of her finest moments lyrically, but I definitely would have liked it to be included.

"Paradise" and "Nobody's Perfect" are the standouts on the album for me, and "Don't Tell Me" is not average in any sense! The strings towards the end are beautiful, and it suits her (post-vocal lessons) voice really well.

Legend
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

by » Fri January 9th, 2015, 14:06

Quote Originally Posted by sambo9
    I love the intro to "Liquid Love". It's not one of her finest moments lyrically, but I definitely would have liked it to be included.

"Paradise" and "Nobody's Perfect" are the standouts on the album for me, and "Don't Tell Me" is not average in any sense! The strings towards the end are beautiful, and it suits her (post-vocal lessons) voice really well.
    Hey, you're back!

Superstar
    Amsterdam (NL) / Gijón (ES) / Rzeszów (PL) / Brno (CZ) / Cork (IE)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

by » Fri January 9th, 2015, 15:03

Quote Originally Posted by mattsky
    Quote Originally Posted by maroon
    "Paradise (Not For Me)" is one of Madonna's career's biggest masterpieces.
    "Music", "Impressive Instant", "Runaway Lover", "Gone" and "Nobody's Perfect" are also fabulous.
    Then we have some average tracks such as "Don't Tell Me", "I Deserve It" and "Amazing".

... and a big rubbish that spoils the whole record, namely "What It Feels Like For A Girl" :evil:
    How could they include such a terrible song and then make it a single??? At least a nice remix replaced the awful original.
    Whaaat??? "What It Feels Like For A Girl" is an EPIC track. One of her best!
    It bores me to death even in its Spanish version (although I'm obsessed with this language).
    DTM has too much country about it to be considered good by me. I never cared much for that song but used to appreciate the image until Madonna's similar arrangements of DTM on Drowned World Tour and Re-Invention Tour made me avoid the track. I hope she doesn't include it on future tours.

Legend
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)

by » Fri January 9th, 2015, 15:05

I hope she will perform it on future tours and not always the same songs
    I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

by » Fri January 9th, 2015, 15:13

"Don't tell me" is a wide fusion of several genres not just Country, several sources identify some Country influences on it, to be honest I see little proper Country on it, but the track also features Acoustic, Folk, Trip hop and electronica influences. Its a sick track and something never heard before at that time, she really created a new sound in 2000.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

by » Fri January 9th, 2015, 19:42

This is definitely one of her best records.

'Gone' is amazing.

cd/vinyl collection instagram
    http://www.instagram.com/i.love.collecting.cds

by » Fri January 9th, 2015, 20:27

Quote Originally Posted by chrguy66
    When did Liquid Love leak?
    I'm not sure; there are three different versions of the song that have leaked. The original leaked sometime before 2005 because she spoke about it for a magazine interview when she was promoting Confessions on a Dancefloor.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)

by » Sat January 10th, 2015, 08:16

Of the Album tracks, I liked 'Amazing'. It's kinda got the 'Beautiful Stranger' vibe a little bit.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

by » Sat January 10th, 2015, 16:19

The only song I don't really like is the title track
    Haven't been early since '88