Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Iggy Azalea | The Great Escape Tour 2015

  1. #1
    Benjamin's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    29 Mar 2005
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    62,740
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)

    by » Thu December 11th, 2014, 11:21



    “I like the idea of me being kind of a musical escape artist for people,” explained Iggy.
    @IGGYAZALEA
    Also my tour is called "The Great Escape Tour" and this name is somewhat relatable to what ill be naming Album2.
    NICK JONAS will be her special guest.

    Tour dates TBA.

  2. #2
    Rihab's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    18 Oct 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    19,264
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

    by » Thu December 11th, 2014, 11:33

    Can't wait for the album.

  3. #3
    Benjamin's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    29 Mar 2005
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    62,740
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)

  4. #4
    Benjamin's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    29 Mar 2005
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    62,740
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)

  5. #5
    Legend
    Join Date
    20 Oct 2005
    Location
    #GrannyPatrol
    Posts
    17,543
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    by » Wed March 11th, 2015, 01:35

    Postponed.

    Tinashe and Nick out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thriller
    Not a real song, post it in one of your hit This N That threads

  6. #6
    Ska8er's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    05 Nov 2008
    Posts
    12,577
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

    by » Wed March 11th, 2015, 01:36

    Postponed until September due to "production delays".

    Nick Jonas and Tinashe dropped out.
    Rest In Peace Lilly!

  7. #7
    Rihab's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    18 Oct 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    19,264
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

    by » Wed March 11th, 2015, 01:58

    I think that's it for her.

    The GP doesn't give a f*ck about what Azealia Banks or some bitter hip-hop purists have to say, but it doesn't forgive stuff like this.

  8. #8
    abi's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    27 Dec 2007
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    34,775
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

    by » Wed March 11th, 2015, 04:27

    Quote Originally Posted by Ska8er
    Postponed until September due to "production delays".
    From April to September. 5 months. What kind of 'production delays'?

  9. #9
    Preyoncé's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    14 Feb 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    26,836
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

    by » Wed March 11th, 2015, 04:57

    Quote Originally Posted by abi
    Quote Originally Posted by Ska8er
    Postponed until September due to "production delays".
    From April to September. 5 months. What kind of 'production delays'?
    Perfection is an art abi
    (Standing in for thenewclassic)
    | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

  10. #10
    ThaInfo1's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    27 Nov 2006
    Location
    Wherever your fine daddy is at.
    Posts
    23,100
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

    by » Wed March 11th, 2015, 05:28

    Quote Originally Posted by abi
    Quote Originally Posted by Ska8er
    Postponed until September due to "production delays".
    From April to September. 5 months. What kind of 'production delays'?
    TennisShoes and TheFineVanillaBoi dropped from the tour too.

    I hope that art is worth it.

    Maybe TheNuKlassy pt. 2 is coming beforehand.
    Quote Originally Posted by snoh aalegra


    - Ugh, those feels again

  11. #11
    IVyoncé's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    18 May 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    26,463
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

    by » Wed March 11th, 2015, 07:20

    I am glad Nick and Tinashe dropped out of it

  12. #12
    Legend
    Join Date
    20 Oct 2005
    Location
    #GrannyPatrol
    Posts
    17,543
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    by » Thu April 2nd, 2015, 12:12

    From Billboard: http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/ ... ce=twitter

    Iggy Azalea
    Her megahit "Fancy" turned the Aussie MC into a household name in 2014, but those factors don't always translate into arena-level ticket sales. A month before Azalea's scheduled April 14 Great Escape Tour launch, the jaunt was postponed until September due to production delays. While such delays are not unheard-of in the frenetic world of touring, tours with robust ticket sales nearly always find a way to work around them. One industry observer characterized the tour as "a complete crash and burn," noting Azalea's lack of multiple hits and a touring history mostly comprising festival appearances, radio shows and several previously booked venues. "There was a big guarantee, a big ticket price and no fan base," the observer said. "They brought it down because it was a financial disaster." Promoter AEG Live did not respond to requests for comment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thriller
    Not a real song, post it in one of your hit This N That threads

  13. #13
    ThaInfo1's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    27 Nov 2006
    Location
    Wherever your fine daddy is at.
    Posts
    23,100
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

    by » Thu April 2nd, 2015, 20:02

    ^^^IDK why they thought she could book venues like that in the first place. I wouldn't even risk a theatre tour with her yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by snoh aalegra


    - Ugh, those feels again

  14. #14
    Preyoncé's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    14 Feb 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    26,836
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

    by » Thu April 2nd, 2015, 21:53

    Quote Originally Posted by kushi
    From Billboard: http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/ ... ce=twitter

    Iggy Azalea
    Her megahit "Fancy" turned the Aussie MC into a household name in 2014, but those factors don't always translate into arena-level ticket sales. A month before Azalea's scheduled April 14 Great Escape Tour launch, the jaunt was postponed until September due to production delays. While such delays are not unheard-of in the frenetic world of touring, tours with robust ticket sales nearly always find a way to work around them. One industry observer characterized the tour as "a complete crash and burn," noting Azalea's lack of multiple hits and a touring history mostly comprising festival appearances, radio shows and several previously booked venues. "There was a big guarantee, a big ticket price and no fan base," the observer said. "They brought it down because it was a financial disaster." Promoter AEG Live did not respond to requests for comment.
    We pretty much knew this but I guess some people need "official" confirmation
    | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •